Random-but-videogames-related thread - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2913 Views )

Iggy
8984th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Fri 2 Oct 04:05post reply

What is it with the board, these days? It feels... ALIVE!!!

Anyhow.

Former lawyer Jack Thompson has sued Facebook for allowing anti-Thompson groups to post messages that have caused him "great harm and distress.".

Replies:

Maou
1821th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Fri 2 Oct 04:10post reply

quote:

Honestly, I think it has to do with us not balling everything into one big Random Thread as much. Naturally, I'm not helping the problem right now...

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Burning Ranger
1612th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Fri 2 Oct 06:07post reply

quote:

Anyhow.

Former lawyer Jack Thompson has sued Facebook for allowing anti-Thompson groups to post messages that have caused him "great harm and distress.".

Ha Ha! I'm Suing the Internet!

But seriously, I'm fairly sure current legislation will protect Facebook. You can sue individuals, but you can't sue the forum where people make these comments.

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

Hagen de Merak
1027th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Fri 2 Oct 07:29post reply

quote:

Ha Ha! I'm Suing the Internet!

Internet : Serious Business

Iggy
8985th Post

"Re(2):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Fri 2 Oct 07:38post reply

quote:
Honestly, I think it has to do with us not balling everything into one big Random Thread as much. Naturally, I'm not helping the problem right now...

You look gloomier than usual, Maou... Everything alright?

Kaneko confirmed what everybody knew already: SMT Strange Journey was actually SMT4 before they "changed their mind" about the "setting" (and it has nothing to do with that SMT with a number that was announced for the a certain console years ago. Oh, absolutely nothing, I'm sure).

The game looks really good, though. It's going to be a tough fight between this and Saga2.

Also, I don't know if anyone plays Pokémon here (probably not) but HeartGold/SoulSilver is (are?) very interesting.
The Pokémon Dungeon(s) on Wiiware is a very good Dungeon (better than the portable console ones). The gimmick of the Pokémon tower is really amusing (though overpowered), and the game lacks any boring cutscene between the dungeons ; everything is functional, the "game" even ends when you have half of the dungeons unlocked, and leaves you totally free to roam around the other half without any boring scenario to work through. Shiren 3 and Chocobo Wii could have benefited from such a choice (but Chocobo Wii had Ôtsuka playing a badass chicken, so it was OK).

Speaking of Shiren, Shiren 4 on DS will be distributed by Spike. The deal Chunsoft/Sega must have ended with the re-releases of 428.
I wonder if the original creator of Shiren is back on 4... 3 was really boring. Apparently, there is no allies system in 4.

Maou
1823th Post

"Re(3):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Fri 2 Oct 08:22:post reply

quote:
You look gloomier than usual, Maou... Everything alright?

Actually, thanks to Kyle Hyde/Wish Room in the avatar, it's just that I'm now more...渋い。 All bourbon all the time, and whatnot.

Not really, though.

[this message was edited by Maou on Fri 2 Oct 08:23]

Iggy
8986th Post

"Re(4):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Fri 2 Oct 23:28post reply

渋い is the new black.

I know what could cheer you up: some ridiculous Bob badassery followed with Lily being Lily.

There's something I find very appealing in this intro: while it undoubtedly looks good, like a pre-rended video from 2009, the setting, the direction, the rhythm of it all feels like something from 10 years ago... Tekken stays always the same, just with more characters and prettier graphics (and more and more stupid and entertaining storylines), and somehow, I can't help to think that's why I still like this series.
It doesn't try to reinvent itself from scratch every 2 or 3 years. It's very comforting to know what you'll think of the game months before it's released.

Ishmael
3583th Post

"Re(5):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Fri 2 Oct 23:58post reply

Speaking of which, I love the idea that someone spent a great deal of time, effort and money to make such an inappropriate commerical for Tekken.

Iron D
3302th Post

"Re(6):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Sat 3 Oct 00:56post reply

quote:
Speaking of which, I love the idea that someone spent a great deal of time, effort and money to make such an inappropriate commerical for Tekken.

Damn. That vid was just oozing testosterone from every pore...and not in a good way.

Er.....

IkariDC
775th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(7):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Sat 3 Oct 07:45post reply

Can you believe this!?

Gojira
2553th Post

"Re(8):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Sat 3 Oct 18:47post reply

quote:
Can you believe this!?

I wholeheartedly regret the several minutes of my life during which I was optimistic about this movie.

shipoopi

IkariDC
776th Post

"Re(9):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Sat 3 Oct 20:11post reply

quote:
Can you believe this!?

I wholeheartedly regret the several minutes of my life during which I was optimistic about this movie.

There was no way that hollywood would come up with a decent KOF movie, but damn, they're trying their best at screwing the fans...

Olivier Hague
138th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Sat 3 Oct 21:10post reply

KYO KASANAGI
MAI SHARANUI

Yeah, those are the characters I love indeed.

Pollyanna
2777th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Random-but-videogames-related th" , posted Sat 3 Oct 21:47post reply

I was waiting for an excuse to post this, but there was a recent JDK Band concert that totally blew my mind. Like, I was reduced to a cro magnon-like state for days. If you're a Ys fan and/or would like to temporarily lose various mental capacities, I encourage you to check this out: (along with all the other songs from the show!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ka5P40zwQ&feature=related

quote:
KYO KASANAGI
MAI SHARANUI

Yeah, those are the characters I love indeed.

I watched the video on mute (I am only so brave). The whole time, I kept thinking "If no one told me this was KOF, would I ever guess?"

The Tekken movie seems to be taking the complete opposite approach, though!

PS: Terry looks like Barry from Biohazard.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

kofoguz
771th Post

"Re(10):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Sat 3 Oct 21:56post reply

quote:
Can you believe this!?

There was no way that hollywood would come up with a decent KOF movie, but damn, they're trying their best at screwing the fans...

That must be hardest job in the world. On the other hand simple cosplays seem like doing it better.

Maou
1826th Post

"Ys!!!!!!!!" , posted Sat 3 Oct 22:39post reply

quote:
I was waiting for an excuse to post this, but there was a recent JDK Band concert that totally blew my mind. Like, I was reduced to a cro magnon-like state for days. If you're a Ys fan and/or would like to temporarily lose various mental capacities, I encourage you to check this out: (along with all the other songs from the show!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ka5P40zwQ&feature=related

Golly, Polly. This is the best thing I've seen posted in weeks. This makes me so happy to see! I still haven't actually played Ys after our last "tell me about Ys" thread, but I'm well into the Falcom trap now that I've found and love all the music CDs. I'm glad the people there are so into the concert, too.

Tai-Pan
381th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(8):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Sun 4 Oct 00:53post reply

quote:
Can you believe this!?

Oh my sweet baby Jesus. I hate you for posting this.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Hagen de Merak
1029th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(8):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Sun 4 Oct 01:49post reply

quote:
Can you believe this!?

LMFAO Terry Bogard wtf

Count Hihihi
191th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Sun 4 Oct 04:52post reply

quote:
Can you believe this!?

I'm kind of confused how Kyo is played by a white guy, but Saisyu's and Iori's actors are asian.. ? Oh, Ryo is white too, lol.

I suggest checking out IMDB for the filmography of the people who wrote the script!

Kotaku Ono and the Fanboy spirit.

Pollyanna
2781th Post

"Re(1):Ys!!!!!!!!" , posted Sun 4 Oct 19:08post reply

I don't really care about total adherence to the source material in movie adaptations, but I have to admit, the shots that have been floating around from the Tekken movie made my day. (especially Heihachi! Holy crap!)

I never have any expectations for film adaptations of anything, so it's not that I'm disappointed in KOF, but I am certainly confused as to why they would bother calling it KOF if it's so different than the source material. Why not just make something else?

quote:

Golly, Polly. This is the best thing I've seen posted in weeks. This makes me so happy to see! I still haven't actually played Ys after our last "tell me about Ys" thread, but I'm well into the Falcom trap now that I've found and love all the music CDs. I'm glad the people there are so into the concert, too.

Glad you liked it. I'm enjoying Ys 7 immensely right now. The character shifting and skill systems are really fun...I just wish the rest of the game was as engaging as the boss battles. Check out a trailer if you haven't seen one.

The two Ys 7 songs they played at the concert were the opening theme and the boss battle theme. I love them both, but most of the rest of the music is only so-so. I don't think they'll ever top the Oath in Felghana soundtrack.

I'm hoping they put out a CD of that concert, though. I made MP3s from the videos, but the quality leaves much to be desired.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Toxico
4782th Post

"Re(2):Ys!!!!!!!!" , posted Sun 4 Oct 19:33post reply

quote:
I never have any expectations for film adaptations of anything, so it's not that I'm disappointed in KOF, but I am certainly confused as to why they would bother calling it KOF if it's so different than the source material. Why not just make something else?

They payed for the name usage copyrights and then they screwed the script, not the other way around.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 08/05/09 (99 personajes)

Now sponsoring : videogame analogies
Last update : Chapter 9 as of 02/10/09

Mako
373th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(8):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Mon 5 Oct 01:17post reply

quote:
Can you believe this!?

I... can't believe it. This must be a dream. A bad dream. I'm gonna wake up soon, gotta wake up, wake up, wake up!

Descarta

badoor
86th Post

Occasional Customer

"Rocket Knight is back. I can die happy." , posted Tue 6 Oct 04:19post reply

http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3176338

ONSLAUGHT
3866th Post

"Re(1):Rocket Knight is back. I can die happy." , posted Tue 6 Oct 05:22post reply

quote:

But what if it ends up like the newest Turtles remake for XBLA and PSN?

badoor
87th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Rocket Knight is back. I can die happy." , posted Tue 6 Oct 06:13post reply

quote:

I said can, not will. You can all be cynical when the first trailer comes out or something.

shindekudasai
342th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Rocket Knight is back. I can die happy." , posted Tue 6 Oct 06:27post reply

Oh, snap! It's Sparkster!
In a world of unending dissapointment, this may be the best thing to happen to me all week.

Iggy
8989th Post

"Re(1):Rocket Knight is back. I can die happy." , posted Tue 6 Oct 08:14post reply

quote:

How can the 3D sequel of a game whose main appeal was its charming hand-drawn sprites be considered a good thing?

Oh. Right. SF4.

Grave
1221th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Rocket Knight is back. I can die happy." , posted Tue 6 Oct 09:51post reply

Thank you for being sane, Iggy. I don't know why anyone's excited about this from what we've seen so far.
quote:

It already looks enough like it. As I said elsewhere, it looks more like sidescrolling Crash Bandicoot levels than it does Rocket Knight Adventures or Sparkster. Not excited! Not even a little!

sfried
417th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Rocket Knight is back. I can die happy." , posted Tue 6 Oct 10:18post reply

quote:
Thank you for being sane, Iggy. I don't know why anyone's excited about this from what we've seen so far.
It already looks enough like it. As I said elsewhere, it looks more like sidescrolling Crash Bandicoot levels than it does Rocket Knight Adventures or Sparkster. Not excited! Not even a little!

It doesn't help that the newly design Sparkster looks more Crash Bandicoot-y.

KTallguy
1160th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):Rocket Knight is back. I can die happy." , posted Tue 6 Oct 10:37post reply

I'm much more interested in those Tekken movie shots. :)

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

Ishmael
3588th Post

"Re(5):Rocket Knight is back. I can die happy." , posted Wed 7 Oct 23:42:post reply

In the not too distant future there will be more versions of KoF98 than there are of every other KoF combined.

quote:
I'm much more interested in those Tekken movie shots. :)

As am I. Where are these discussed but not linked Tekken movie photos?

EDIT: Post edited to include forklift action.

[this message was edited by Ishmael on Thu 8 Oct 01:25]

Ishmael
3595th Post

"Re(6):Anna Williams is back. I can die happy." , posted Thu 15 Oct 04:25post reply

SD Tekken has several new screenshots of Tekken 6, including prologue art.

Just a Person
1318th Post

"Re(7):Anna Williams is back. I can die happy." , posted Thu 15 Oct 05:04post reply

quote:
SD Tekken has several new screenshots of Tekken 6, including prologue art.

Anna is cool, but Michelle Chang is the one I am longing to see back...

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Grave
1223th Post

"Tennessee Williams is back. I can die happy." , posted Thu 15 Oct 08:11post reply

quote:
Anna is cool, but Michelle Chang is the one I am longing to see back...

obligatory kunimitsu request goes here

KTallguy
1167th Post

"Re(1):Tennessee Williams is back. I can die h" , posted Thu 15 Oct 09:50post reply

There are 41 characters in Tekken 6... it must be so much damn work to add more and keep it "balanced". Not only that, but if you take into account all of the costume options, the number of items must be insane!

Still, that character select screen is daunting... I have never really ventured outside Lei Wu Long since Tekken 3, and every iteration it becomes harder to find his icon on the select screen.

karasu99
229th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Tennessee Williams is back. I can die h" , posted Thu 15 Oct 10:01post reply

quote:
There are 41 characters in Tekken 6... it must be so much damn work to add more and keep it "balanced". Not only that, but if you take into account all of the costume options, the number of items must be insane!

Still, that character select screen is daunting... I have never really ventured outside Lei Wu Long since Tekken 3, and every iteration it becomes harder to find his icon on the select screen.

At least my television has gotten bigger since Tekken 5. That way I'll be able to make out the teeny tiny little pictures better.

Just like with 5, I say I'm not especially excited, since I haven't really loved a Tekken since TTT, but I'm getting a little excited about this one. As always, I'm pretty much just interested in seeing what they've done in the way of new characters since 5.

And Prototype Jack used to be my wish for inclusion in future games until I realized that they had basically rolled all of his moves into regular old Jack (or whatever he's called these days).

Toxico
4785th Post

"I am already dead (musou version)" , posted Thu 15 Oct 11:16:post reply

article

ign

EDIT: nico nico While seeing enemies explode on screen is reassuring, I hope that they do keep the original seiyuus (I don't want to hear Koyatsu ever again, never).

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 08/05/09 (99 personajes)

Now sponsoring : videogame analogies
Last update : Chapter 9 as of 02/10/09

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 15 Oct 11:30]

Pollyanna
2787th Post

"Re(1):I am already dead (musou version)" , posted Thu 15 Oct 12:00post reply

I'm sorry I don't remember where I saw the Tekken movie shots, but seriously...just do "Tekken Movie" on Google image search.

quote:
article

ign

EDIT: nico nico While seeing enemies explode on screen is reassuring, I hope that they do keep the original seiyuus (I don't want to hear Koyatsu ever again, never).

I recall reading somewhere that Kenshiro's original is "incapable of doing the role". Shame, since it's such an iconic performance.

The deaths look amazing. Really gross...really great representation of the original material. I like the color scheme and the overall look of the game as well, but it just seems so BORING! We'll see how it stacks up over time, but I'm generally a Musou detractor.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Grave
1224th Post

"Tennessee Tuxedo is back. ATATATATATATATATATA" , posted Thu 15 Oct 12:25post reply

quote:
I like the color scheme and the overall look of the game as well, but it just seems so BORING!

A Musou game, boring? IMPOSSIBLE!

This game will be totally uninteresting but I'm going to be forced to buy it anyway. That's just the way things are. And by the way things are, I mean "I am severely mentally handicapped."

Pollyanna
2788th Post

"Re(1):Tennessee Tuxedo is back. ATATATATATATA" , posted Thu 15 Oct 12:32post reply

quote:
"I am severely mentally handicapped."

If it has Juda I will buy it. If it does not have Juda I will probably buy it...grudgingly.

Oh, also...more pics from Famitsu's page.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1228525_1124.html

I like want the singer's Mamiya (looking) costume.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

sfried
424th Post

Gold Customer

"Re: Meanwhile: Sin & Punishment 2 JPN trailer" , posted Thu 15 Oct 14:29:post reply

This new Hokuto is giving me God Hand (I know, I know) vibes as it seems less grindy than the DW games, although it could just be me...

Meanwhile, Sin & Punishment 2 delivers the sexiness. The levels look particularly exciting with some Viewtiful Joe mechanics thrown in (you can deflect missles back at enemies by meleeing it enough times).

[this message was edited by sfried on Thu 15 Oct 15:03]

Ishmael
3596th Post

"Re(1):Re: Meanwhile: Sin & Punishment 2 JPN t" , posted Fri 16 Oct 02:48post reply

I love the DW games even though they aren't any good and I love Hokuto no Ken even though it is what it is so I'm certain I'm going to be thrilled by every lousy minute of this game.
quote:

Meanwhile, Sin & Punishment 2 delivers the sexiness. The levels look particularly exciting with some Viewtiful Joe mechanics thrown in (you can deflect missles back at enemies by meleeing it enough times).

I still can't quite wrap my head around the idea that S&P2 is going to be easily avaliable. Considering the history of that series it seems odd that you will soon be able to simply walk into a store and buy a copy of the game instead of having to deal with importing and other frustrating hoops.

KTallguy
1168th Post

"Re(2):Re: Meanwhile: Sin & Punishment 2 JPN t" , posted Fri 16 Oct 10:41post reply

The Hokuto no Ken footage looked ok, but I guess the combat flow isn't really finalized... each encounter was very segmented and there was no flow between the fights at all. I hope that's fixed.

But the finishing moves look great, so hopefully it will be fun.

karasu99
233th Post

Frequent Customer

"new Toshinden (kindof)" , posted Wed 21 Oct 01:14post reply

So I vaguely recall that we've talked about this at some point, but I suppose I hadn't realized that the new Toshinden for Wii was entirely unrelated to the original.

Plus, according to NCS's solicitation for it, it's an 'easy operation fighter' with simplified controls. It seems strange to me that anyone would bother using the franchise without any of the hallmarks of it other than the name.

I really should go back and have some fun with the old games. Years ago I loved Toshinden 3 quite a bit, but I never managed to get hold of a copy of Toshinden Subaru-- can anyone offer a recommendation about whether or not it's worth tracking down?

Nekros
197th Post

Regular Customer

"new Toki (kindof)" , posted Wed 21 Oct 01:54post reply

Sorry to interrupt the Toshinden quarrel (lol), but just crossed this: Toki HD Remeex.
Anyone remember about Toki?

Ishmael
3600th Post

"Re(1):new Toki (kindof)" , posted Wed 21 Oct 02:45post reply

quote:
Sorry to interrupt the Toshinden quarrel (lol), but just crossed this: Toki HD Remeex.
Anyone remember about Toki?

I have no recollection of the original, low rez Toki. Did I somehow miss out on the wave of Toki mania that swept the world when the game was first released?

karasu99
234th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):new Toki (kindof)" , posted Wed 21 Oct 02:50post reply

quote:
I have no recollection of the original, low rez Toki. Did I somehow miss out on the wave of Toki mania that swept the world when the game was first released?

Probably not. It's a decent arcade style platformer with pretty good graphics and a lot of powerups for its era. It's worth checking out in emulation. Think Joe and Mac but with a really weird aesthetic (and without multiplayer).

That said, I'm something of a fan, so I'm semi looking forward to it (as much as I can for any of these HD remakes that have come out lately). I'll even forgive the cavalier fashion in which Nekros plowed through my Toshinden comments!

Nekros
198th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):new Toki (kindof)" , posted Wed 21 Oct 05:22post reply

quote:

Probably not. It's a decent arcade style platformer with pretty good graphics and a lot of powerups for its era. It's worth checking out in emulation. Think Joe and Mac but with a really weird aesthetic (and without multiplayer).

That said, I'm something of a fan, so I'm semi looking forward to it (as much as I can for any of these HD remakes that have come out lately). I'll even forgive the cavalier fashion in which Nekros plowed through my Toshinden comments!

:*
Toki is very different from Joe & Mac, apart for the prehistoric setting.
It's a trial and error platform, where you die and respawn in a specific point of the stage, like Parodius.
There's a Nes version, loyal to the original arcade but lacking in technological elements (you know: graphic, musics) and a Megadrive version, very different from the original but uses the same sprite sets.

nobinobita
637th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):new Toki (kindof)" , posted Wed 21 Oct 07:36post reply

quote:

That said, I'm something of a fan, so I'm semi looking forward to it (as much as I can for any of these HD remakes that have come out lately).

This is the best looking HD remake of a classic game I've seen yet. It's nice to see a company w/skilled animators producing a new 2d game. I hope it plays well and sells well.

GekigangerV
1626th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):new Toki (kindof)" , posted Wed 21 Oct 08:54post reply

Toki looks nice. This HD revival stuff is kind of weird for me. I would rather see sequels, but I guess that is because I lived in the time these games were popular.

Speaking of which

Earthworm Jim is getting the same thing.

Loona
274th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):new Toki (kindof)" , posted Wed 21 Oct 20:26post reply

I remember the original Toki, although I didn't play much of it back in the day.

It looks odd how he seemed to smile in the original, but frowning in the hi-res version...
Maybe it's the shift to a more "cartoon-like" style, it feels weird to seem it with clear outlines - back in the day, those raphics were charming to me since the shading looked good enough to practically make the outlines unnecessary.

The EWJ renewed version look looks truer to the original's style in that regard.

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

kofoguz
778th Post

"Re(5):new Toki (kindof)" , posted Wed 21 Oct 23:59post reply

quote:
I remember the original Toki, although I didn't play much of it back in the day.

It looks odd how he seemed to smile in the original, but frowning in the hi-res version...
Maybe it's the shift to a more "cartoon-like" style, it feels weird to seem it with clear outlines - back in the day, those raphics were charming to me since the shading looked good enough to practically make the outlines unnecessary.

The EWJ renewed version look looks truer to the original's style in that regard.

I never played Toki ( played the Joe&Mac ) but I agree with Loona. (If I get it right).
I didnt like it. I cant say I hate it, though it looks good it looks like it lost its charm. And I think it looks very pale and flat. Maybe animation is better.

karasu99
235th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):new Toki (kindof)" , posted Thu 22 Oct 02:02post reply

quote:

I never played Toki ( played the Joe&Mac ) but I agree with Loona. (If I get it right).
I didnt like it. I cant say I hate it, though it looks good it looks like it lost its charm. And I think it looks very pale and flat. Maybe animation is better.

Now that I view the video a bit more carefully (and on a better monitor), I can speak a little more intelligently. The remake looks really good, but... are the shots of the original coming from the Mega Drive version or something? It doesn't look like I remember the original. I'll have to check the original in emulation. Assuming I'm not totally wrong, the arcade version might have been a better counterpoint to the remake. I love the zombie apes!

Incidentally, it was dumb and inaccurate of me to compare this to Joe and Mac, about which Nekros is right-- the only commonality is the era.

Something that I recall about the original was the weird design aesthetic, which comes through in that video for those who never played the game. Some of the machines and enemies are genuinely bizarre-- like that machine with the punching fists and fireball shooting faces.

Now EWJ-- yeah, I'm REALLY excited about that. It looks like they're going for what the original aspired to but fell somewhat short of due to tech limitations (although for the time it was amazing)-- full cartoon animation.

Ishmael
3603th Post

"Re(1):new Toshinden (kindof)" , posted Thu 22 Oct 03:54post reply

quote:
Plus, according to NCS's solicitation for it, it's an 'easy operation fighter' with simplified controls. It seems strange to me that anyone would bother using the franchise without any of the hallmarks of it other than the name.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass here but were there any hallmarks to Toshinden? The first game was in the right place at the right time but otherwise nothing else springs to mind when I think of the series.

While on the subject of 3D games, here's a link to the online and translated Tekken 6 manga just in case you missed it.

HAYATO
948th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(7):new Toki (kindof)" , posted Thu 22 Oct 07:45post reply

quote:

Now that I view the video a bit more carefully (and on a better monitor), I can speak a little more intelligently. The remake looks really good, but... are the shots of the original coming from the Mega Drive version or something? It doesn't look like I remember the original. I'll have to check the original in emulation. Assuming I'm not totally wrong, the arcade version might have been a better counterpoint to the remake. I love the zombie apes!

JuJu Densetsu/ Toki was one of my favorite arcade games of its time and I'm really glad it's going to enter that select club of "HD remixed classics". I concur with nobinobita about the quality of the animation, it's just breathtaking, specially if one takes into account the limited set of sprites the animators had as animation guide.
This is by far, the best HD remix I've seen since the Another World/Out of this World one, much better than Earthworm Jim to me (it looks too bland and cheap IMO).

And about Hokuto Musou... well, it reminds me of the second game Bandai released on PSOne (which was the best Hokuto game ever made till then), so I have high expectations for this title. And the looks... well, I think that this new Koei engine has improved the visuals dramatically!! Could it be using Unreal Engine or perhaps a propietary one?

Damn, it seems I won't be able to resist my urges to buy a PS3 for long...

Maese
536th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):new Toki (kindof)" , posted Sun 25 Oct 09:55post reply

I feel so sorry for all those fellows who did not know about Toki. Poor things, you didn't have a proper childhood. Now I see where all the sourness on this forum's comments hails from.

Tai-Pan
393th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(8):new Toki (kindof)" , posted Sun 25 Oct 13:16post reply

quote:

This is by far, the best HD remix I've seen since the Another World/Out of this World one

Excuse me...WHERE do I get that?!?!?!

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Grave
1238th Post

"Re(8):new Toki (kindof)" , posted Sun 25 Oct 13:24post reply

quote:
This is by far, the best HD remix I've seen since the Another World/Out of this World one, much better than Earthworm Jim to me (it looks too bland and cheap IMO).

I agree about the new Earthworm Jim, but recently I saw a couple of cool videos that are apparently from a fan-made EWJ project. I can't wait to play it until we find out that there was never any real development until it inevitably gets shut down and breaks my heart! I sure love fan games.

Anyway, the videos:
Jim animation test
Psy-Crow animation test

Iron D
3323th Post

"Groovy (or not)!" , posted Sun 25 Oct 18:54post reply

quote:

I agree about the new Earthworm Jim, but recently I saw a couple of cool videos that are apparently from a fan-made EWJ project. I can't wait to play it until we find out that there was never any real development until it inevitably gets shut down and breaks my heart! I sure love fan games.

Anyway, the videos:
Jim animation test
Psy-Crow animation test

You guys had me thinking there was a HD EJ coming there for a sec. I actually got to meet and talk to Doug Tennapel at the San Diego Comic Con this year, and I asked him about the new EJ cartoon series and game that were reported to be in development early last year. He said they were both nixed.

Drat and damn.

Er.....

HAYATO
950th Post

"Re(9):new Toki (kindof)" , posted Tue 27 Oct 08:04post reply

quote:

This is by far, the best HD remix I've seen since the Another World/Out of this World one

Excuse me...WHERE do I get that?!?!?!

You can get it HERE. I don't remember whether it was a demo version or the full game but, since it's been a long time since its commercial release it may have become freeware already...

Ishmael
3607th Post

"Re(10):new Toki (kindof)" , posted Wed 28 Oct 00:03post reply

Did anyone hear how the play testing of Arcana Heart 3 went? I can't say I'm thrilled about the game but I do admire the AH series for continuing to slog forward in spite of everything.

Although I don't have anything of note to report on it other than that I am greatly enjoying it, I still feel compelled to say something about the US release of Way of the Samurai 3. The thought that a game as niche as this could get an international release gives me hope for this generation of consoles.

badoor
93th Post

Occasional Customer

"The king of air juggling fist tournament 6" , posted Wed 28 Oct 00:36post reply

quote:

Although I don't have anything of note to report on it other than that I am greatly enjoying it, I still feel compelled to say something about the US release of Way of the Samurai 3. The thought that a game as niche as this could get an international release gives me hope for this generation of consoles.

Way of the Samurai 3 and demon's souls' US release do make me hopeful about Yakuza 3 getting a US release, even if it is done outside of SEGA.

In other news, Tekken 6 is out. I thought about getting the psp version since I'm not that into Tekken but I'm tempted to see Bob fighting gloriously on the big tv screen.

Ishmael
3608th Post

"Re(1):The king of air juggling fist tournamen" , posted Wed 28 Oct 04:49post reply

quote:
In other news, Tekken 6 is out. I thought about getting the psp version since I'm not that into Tekken but I'm tempted to see Bob fighting gloriously on the big tv screen.

With luck I'll get to try out T6 tonight. My personal hope for the game is that Bob has has moves that are as smooth as silk while Kuma contiues to jerk around with the animation he's had since T1. It just wouldn't be Tekken otherwise.

Iggy
9006th Post

"Castlevania Wiiware" , posted Wed 28 Oct 07:17post reply

Yeah, I already forgot its title.
The thing is: it's by far the best of the three rebirth games by M2, after Gradius and Contra.

It's not a remake at all, more like an homage: some monsters and some tunes of the GB episode are back and that's it.
The rest is new, and by "the rest is new" I mean "ALL the rest is new". Like, ALL THE SPRITES are new. Finally, the legacy of Rondo is over! (though I'm not sure for the ectoplasm... But why re-use the ectoplasm when you redraw the skeletons, the crows and the medusa heads?)
On the other hand, I'm not found of the graphic style (like the Contra remake, I'm not comfortable with the look of it, without being able to name what's the problem... The resolution? The colours? Beats me). Some monsters redesigns are interesting; for example, the fishmen look like big axolotls now.

But the biggest success of the game is the level design. It reminds me of XX for SFC, with alternate paths within a level, keys for secret doors, vicious traps and amusing ideas everywhere. The game is not very long, but worth it. Also, the time limit seems rather low (or the levels are really long): I think it's the first time I finish the level at a dozen of seconds of the end of the timer. For a reason, this reminds me of Makaimura (and the title typo as well, even though it's Salamander's).

Shorter version: the level design is awesome, if you like Castlevania pre-Symphony, buy it.

hikarutilmitt
516th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Castlevania Wiiware" , posted Wed 28 Oct 08:14post reply

quote:
Yeah, I already forgot its title.
The thing is: it's by far the best of the three rebirth games by M2, after Gradius and Contra.

It's not a remake at all, more like an homage: some monsters and some tunes of the GB episode are back and that's it.
The rest is new, and by "the rest is new" I mean "ALL the rest is new". Like, ALL THE SPRITES are new. Finally, the legacy of Rondo is over! (though I'm not sure for the ectoplasm... But why re-use the ectoplasm when you redraw the skeletons, the crows and the medusa heads?)
On the other hand, I'm not found of the graphic style (like the Contra remake, I'm not comfortable with the look of it, without being able to name what's the problem... The resolution? The colours? Beats me). Some monsters redesigns are interesting; for example, the fishmen look like big axolotls now.

But the biggest success of the game is the level design. It reminds me of XX for SFC, with alternate paths within a level, keys for secret doors, vicious traps and amusing ideas everywhere. The game is not very long, but worth it. Also, the time limit seems rather low (or the levels are really long): I think it's the first time I finish the level at a dozen of seconds of the end of the timer. For a reason, this reminds me of Makaimura (and the title typo as well, even though it's Salamander's).

Shorter version: the level design is awesome, if you like Castlevania pre-Symphony, buy it.

I'm not terribly fond of the color palette since it's somewhat bright and colorful for a series that is typically very dark and gothic, but it still looks fun nonetheless. Oh and people have already pointed out in a screenshot that there's an ornamental ram's head over a fireplace or something that is the EXACT same tile as the one used in the giant clock area in the midle of the castle in SotN.

It's also sort of a remake of Castlevania Adventure on the Game Boy, but from the looks of it only borrows Christopher, the short level design (only 4-5 stages) and the name.

chazumaru
682th Post

"Re(2):Castlevania Wiiware" , posted Wed 28 Oct 09:58post reply

quote:

It's also sort of a remake of Castlevania Adventure on the Game Boy, but from the looks of it only borrows Christopher, the short level design (only 4-5 stages) and the name.

Levels are actually quite long; there are two Bosses per stage. It seems the game is aiming for 6 stages. That would be as much as the original Castlevania, I believe.

It has very little to do with the GB game, besides the name and protagonist. No rope to climb in the beginning or anything memorable from the GB version. Only a couple of enemies and tunes connect the two. As Iggy astutely pointed out, it feels very close to X (NEC) and XX (SFC). I would carefully avoid the term "remake".

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Spoon
1841th Post

"Re(3):Castlevania Wiiware" , posted Wed 28 Oct 10:47post reply

quote:

Levels are actually quite long; there are two Bosses per stage. It seems the game is aiming for 6 stages. That would be as much as the original Castlevania, I believe.

It has very little to do with the GB game, besides the name and protagonist. No rope to climb in the beginning or anything memorable from the GB version. Only a couple of enemies and tunes connect the two. As Iggy astutely pointed out, it feels very close to X (NEC) and XX (SFC). I would carefully avoid the term "remake".

So does that mean my whip won't shoot fireballs like in the GB one D:

chazumaru
684th Post

"Re(4):Castlevania Wiiware" , posted Wed 28 Oct 11:07post reply

quote:

Actually, that Power Up they kept! But, if I remember the GB version correctly, they changed the rules slightly.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Abster
355th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):Castlevania Wiiware" , posted Wed 28 Oct 11:32post reply

quote:

Actually, that Power Up they kept! But, if I remember the GB version correctly, they changed the rules slightly.

Yeah, the bullet whip is still in. It's now based on a timer instead of a powerup you get to keep until you're damaged.

chazumaru
685th Post

"new crossover, even better than Hokuto Muso!" , posted Wed 28 Oct 23:06post reply

Makes perfect sense, too!
I think it is safe to assume nobody would have ever guessed that one.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Count Hihihi
200th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):new crossover, even better than Hokuto " , posted Thu 29 Oct 01:26post reply

quote:
Makes perfect sense, too!
I think it is safe to assume nobody would have ever guessed that one.

It's Tetris Vs ANIME!!1

Kotaku Ono and the Fanboy spirit.

chazumaru
688th Post

"Re(2):new crossover, even better than Hokuto" , posted Thu 29 Oct 01:36post reply

quote:

It's Tetris Vs ANIME!!1

Not a first, though.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Spoon
1842th Post

"Re(3):new crossover, even better than Hokuto" , posted Thu 29 Oct 02:01post reply

quote:

It's Tetris Vs ANIME!!1

Not a first, though.

Wasn't there also a GBC Magical Tetris Challenge that used a Disney license?

I think that CCS Tetris and it were both released the same year.

chazumaru
689th Post

"Re(4):new crossover, even better than Hokuto" , posted Thu 29 Oct 02:28post reply

quote:

Wasn't there also a GBC Magical Tetris Challenge that used a Disney license?

I think that CCS Tetris and it were both released the same year.

Indeed there was (not sure about the year). I wouldn't have called that "anime", though.

Amagami Tetris is the third announced Tetris project in development in Japan, along with Dekaris and the new TGM.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Spoon
1843th Post

"Re(5):new crossover, even better than Hokuto" , posted Thu 29 Oct 02:39post reply

quote:

Indeed there was (not sure about the year). I wouldn't have called that "anime", though.

Yeah I was just thinking of random license x Tetris.

quote:

Amagami Tetris is the third announced Tetris project in development in Japan, along with Dekaris and the new TGM.

Any word on what policy of rotation system will be used in the games?

chazumaru
690th Post

"Re(6):new crossover, even better than Hokuto" , posted Thu 29 Oct 05:43post reply

quote:

Any word on what policy of rotation system will be used in the games?

TGM is by Arika as usual so it will very probably use the same rotation rules as TGM3. Dekaris is pretty special so I am not sure what to expect. Amagami Tetris is published by Tetris Online Japan but I do not know who develops the game for them. However, I do not see why it would not follow the traditional Tetris Company rotation rules, since even Arika caved in.

On the other hand, your question made me pay more attention to the scan and actually read what was written. The game will only cost 1,575 yens... per heroine! Each girl will have her own version, complete with a dedicated scenario. The discs will not be released simultaneously.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

sfried
426th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Re: Meanwhile: Sin & Punishment 2 JPN t" , posted Thu 29 Oct 20:10post reply

quote:
I still can't quite wrap my head around the idea that S&P2 is going to be easily avaliable. Considering the history of that series it seems odd that you will soon be able to simply walk into a store and buy a copy of the game instead of having to deal with importing and other frustrating hoops.

Well, if these videos aren't proof that the game is out and there is quite a bunch who are already playing it...

Ishmael
3610th Post

"Re(1):The king of air juggling fist tournamen" , posted Fri 30 Oct 04:55post reply

True, I've only put a bit of time into Tekken 6 but as of right now I'm not certain what to make of it. From what I can tell all the pieces are there to make a good game but the layout baffles me. I can understand the reasoning behind the way things are put together but having characters unlocked in one mode while making the player wade through the Tekken Force in order to play through an abbreviated one player mode still feels at odds with my mental picture of what I expect from a home conversion. While I appreciate the thought that drove the decision the execution makes the game feel like it was assembled in the dark.

Ishmael
3613th Post

"Re(1):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Fri 6 Nov 05:24post reply

Over at 1Up is the summary of an interview with Hideki Kamiya. In the article Kamiya is honest enough to admit that RE1.5 was a mess and that it took a long, long time to figure out what the hell to do with Okami. So does the critical success that Kamiya has enjoyed have more to do with his abilities or the fact that Capcom had deep enough pockets to finance his projects until they came to fruition?

chazumaru
695th Post

"Re(2):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Fri 6 Nov 08:03post reply

quote:
So does the critical success that Kamiya has enjoyed have more to do with his abilities or the fact that Capcom had deep enough pockets to finance his projects until they came to fruition?

Why not both? And more importantly, why not consider that in both cases, the decision to restart the game from scratch came from the producer (BH2:Mikami, O:Inaba) caring ever so deeply about the quality of the final game?

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

sfried
434th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Fri 6 Nov 08:14post reply

SJ US Bound.

Spoon
1848th Post

"Re(3):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Fri 6 Nov 13:24post reply

quote:
So does the critical success that Kamiya has enjoyed have more to do with his abilities or the fact that Capcom had deep enough pockets to finance his projects until they came to fruition?

Why not both? And more importantly, why not consider that in both cases, the decision to restart the game from scratch came from the producer (BH2:Mikami, O:Inaba) caring ever so deeply about the quality of the final game?

You have to admit that being able to start things over from scratch speaks deeply to the amount of resources that they could afford to spend on the project.

There are plenty of projects that would love to reboot part way through, taking the few bits of their work that were actually solid into the project's reincarnation, but they simply can't afford to.

Ishmael
3614th Post

"Re(4):Random-but-videogames-related thread" , posted Sat 7 Nov 00:59post reply

Don't get me wrong, I think Kamiya has worked on some very good games but the amount of flexibility he had on these projects surprised me. I just hope he's learned from his mistakes since I doubt that Platinum Games can offer the same financial cushion that Capcom could.

Pollyanna
2795th Post

"Re(2):The king of air juggling fist tournamen" , posted Sat 7 Nov 03:36post reply

quote:
True, I've only put a bit of time into Tekken 6 but as of right now I'm not certain what to make of it. From what I can tell all the pieces are there to make a good game but the layout baffles me. I can understand the reasoning behind the way things are put together but having characters unlocked in one mode while making the player wade through the Tekken Force in order to play through an abbreviated one player mode still feels at odds with my mental picture of what I expect from a home conversion. While I appreciate the thought that drove the decision the execution makes the game feel like it was assembled in the dark.

Well, it's not like scenario mode effects the arcade version. You don't have to unlock anything to just jump in and play. Even though I'm not personally a fan of scenario mode, I think the game strikes a good balance between a single player and vs system.

But I was certainly baffled when I first picked up the game, myself. You have SO many hurdles to get over just to start! Installation, as far as I'm concerned, is mandatory, there's an update to download, if you have any sense you have to take off the motion blur, many of the sound options are incompatible with certain surround sound setups, you have to go through SO many loading screens to get scenario mode started and arena mode is both unnecessary and confusing. The loading times really add frustration to the whole experience, too.

But...after a rough first hour or so, it comes into place fairly well. It just takes a while to figure out what they were going for.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

karasu99
240th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):The king of air juggling fist tournamen" , posted Sat 7 Nov 07:17post reply

quote:
But I was certainly baffled when I first picked up the game, myself. You have SO many hurdles to get over just to start! Installation, as far as I'm concerned, is mandatory, there's an update to download, if you have any sense you have to take off the motion blur, many of the sound options are incompatible with certain surround sound setups, you have to go through SO many loading screens to get scenario mode started and arena mode is both unnecessary and confusing. The loading times really add frustration to the whole experience, too.

But...after a rough first hour or so, it comes into place fairly well. It just takes a while to figure out what they were going for.

It's funny-- I was just getting ready to write a similar post about the ridiculous startup requirements. The only thing I'll add on that count is that it's annoying that even after the data install, it still needs to load the trophy data each time you turn on the game. I guess that's the drawback given the constant patching of modern games.

Ishmael
3616th Post

"Re(4):The king of air juggling fist tournamen" , posted Sun 8 Nov 06:12post reply

I find I've been enjoying T6 despite the game's best efforts to keep me from interacting with it. Perhaps I'm far too easily amused by the ability to play dress-up with my characters and the surprising selection of music for the ending credits. That final theme sounds for all the world like someone dusted off their old Yamaha Electone and started beeping and booping away. It may not be the most modern of choices but I admire it.

Pollyanna
2796th Post

"Re(5):The king of air juggling fist tournamen" , posted Sun 8 Nov 17:30post reply

quote:
Perhaps I'm far too easily amused by the ability to play dress-up with my characters

I have wasted(?) much of my precious little spare time playing dress-up, myself. Although there are plenty of options to rape the characters of their dignity, with some (Leo, for example) I find it difficult to improve on the original design.

Or in Bob's case, despite my delight at many of his options (curly moustache...Go-Ranger costumes), after looking at him for half an hour, I started having second thoughts about using him altogether.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Iggy
9009th Post

"Re(6):The king of air juggling fist tournamen" , posted Tue 10 Nov 08:05post reply

quote:
I have wasted(?) much of my precious little spare time playing dress-up, myself.

.... must.... resist...

hikarutilmitt
517th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):The king of air juggling fist tournamen" , posted Tue 10 Nov 08:26post reply

quote:
I have wasted(?) much of my precious little spare time playing dress-up, myself.
.... must.... resist...

Dont you DARE resist!

Also: nice post count there.

sfried
435th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Level-5 and stuff..." , posted Tue 10 Nov 11:47post reply

Inazuma Eleven goes Euroside, signaling Level-5's plan to take over the world...

...not that any here cares, mind you.

Maou
1852th Post

"Re(2):Level-5 and stuff..." , posted Tue 10 Nov 17:14post reply

quote:
Inazuma Eleven goes Euroside, signaling Level-5's plan to take over the world...

If you mean about Europe, it's probably true (sorry, PALs!), but if you mean about Level 5, I suspect a lot of people care! If people want, I was thinking of making a thread of thoughts about the Level 5 demo cart from Tokyo Game Show with Ni No Kuni, Professor Layton and the Devil's Whistle, and Inazuma 11...2. Played through all three with various levels of interest.

Maese
544th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Level-5 and stuff..." , posted Tue 10 Nov 20:48post reply

quote:

If you mean about Europe, it's probably true (sorry, PALs!)

オヤジギャグやめてくれよ・・・

But I'm kind of interested in Ni no kuni, so if you care to share your opinions I will be much obligued.

badoor
98th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Level-5 and stuff..." , posted Tue 10 Nov 22:26post reply

quote:

I do.
I think its great that its coming outside japan. Inazuma Eleven seems like a spiritual successor to the old Tecmo Captain Tsubasa games which I love.

Tai-Pan
402th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Level-5 and stuff..." , posted Wed 11 Nov 02:18post reply

quote:
Inazuma Eleven seems like a spiritual successor to the old Tecmo Captain Tsubasa games which I love.

WHAT?! what did you just say? Tecmo Tsubasa games are my religion. I definitely need to check this out NOW

Toxico
4799th Post

"Re(7):The king of air juggling fist tournamen" , posted Wed 11 Nov 04:45post reply

quote:

.... must.... resist...

..... England does change people....

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Txt currently off line.

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 10 as of 23/11/09

Maou
1853th Post

"Re(4):Level-5 and stuff..." , posted Wed 11 Nov 16:22post reply

quote:

オヤジギャグやめてくれよ・・・

不可能な話だな!ダジャレは永遠に~

But I'll probably do a Level 5 post sometime soonish! Short story: Layton is best, Ni No Kuni an unexpected bummer. Long story: easy does it.

Ishmael
3617th Post

"Re(5):Level-5 and stuff..." , posted Wed 11 Nov 23:25post reply

quote:

オヤジギャグやめてくれよ・・・
不可能な話だな!ダジャレは永遠に~

But I'll probably do a Level 5 post sometime soonish! Short story: Layton is best, Ni No Kuni an unexpected bummer. Long story: easy does it.

Where did Ni No Kuni stumble? I didn't expect it to do anything new but I was hoping it would be at least be a well put together game with a nice artistic style.

Maou
1854th Post

"Re(6):Level-5 and stuff..." , posted Thu 12 Nov 06:06post reply

quote:

オヤジギャグやめてくれよ・・・
不可能な話だな!ダジャレは永遠に~

Where did Ni No Kuni stumble? I didn't expect it to do anything new but I was hoping it would be at least be a well put together game with a nice artistic style.

Coming soon to a thread near you. It's kind of one big huge stumble with gorgeous art.

KTallguy
1176th Post

"Re(7):Level-5 and stuff..." , posted Thu 12 Nov 10:29post reply

It's a shame, I kind of felt that way from the demo.
Oh so beautiful but oh so boring.

badoor
99th Post

Occasional Customer

"New Darkstalkers comic (by UDON sadly)" , posted Fri 13 Nov 01:12post reply

Not that I'm interested in the comic but seeing more support from Capcom for the series is good news regardless of the quality of the supported material. In a way Darkstalkers status as a series is very reminiscent of Street Fighter's status a few years back so we should expect a new game soon, hopefully.

http://www.destructoid.com/darkstalkers-comes-back-in-comic-form-154856.phtml

Ishmael
3619th Post

"Re(1):New Darkstalkers comic (by UDON sadly)" , posted Fri 13 Nov 05:36post reply

quote:
Not that I'm interested in the comic but seeing more support from Capcom for the series is good news regardless of the quality of the supported material. In a way Darkstalkers status as a series is very reminiscent of Street Fighter's status a few years back so we should expect a new game soon, hopefully.

Has there ever been any Darkstalkers tie-in material that's really good? Regardless of what one thinks of Udon it's not like they are going to besmirch a franchise that has enjoyed a lot of amazing non-game embellishment. That said, I've grabbed every Darkstalkers themed item I've come across in the past and I'm certain I'll happily gobble up this series up as well.

HAYATO
955th Post

"Re(2):New Darkstalkers comic (by UDON sadly)" , posted Tue 17 Nov 07:15post reply

quote:

Has there ever been any Darkstalkers tie-in material that's really good? Regardless of what one thinks of Udon it's not like they are going to besmirch a franchise that has enjoyed a lot of amazing non-game embellishment. That said, I've grabbed every Darkstalkers themed item I've come across in the past and I'm certain I'll happily gobble up this series up as well.

At last!!! It was about time they decided to resume the damn series. It took forever for them to realize the true potential of the franchise didn't it?

I enjoyed the original run Udon published some years ago, so This piece of news couldn't make me any happier. I just hope for them to maintain the standards they previously set and not to ruin the project by choosing a sub-par artist...