Tatsunoko Capcom +alpha new characters - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4275 Views )

Iggy
8962th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Tatsunoko Capcom +alpha new characters" , posted Thu 10 Sep 19:03:post reply

Strange, I'm sure I posted it in the random thread but the post doesn't show...
Serves me well for not creating a new thread for that awesome game that I love and you should.

quote:
Tekkaman Blade joins the cast of Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Also
Yattaman 2go (the pink female Yattaman)
CONDOR NO JOE (Gatchaman)

Capcom side:
Zero (Rockman Zero probably)
Frank West (DEAD RISING?!!!!?????)

Leaks from the urls of the official site.
Hakushon Daimaou removed.
Rebalancing.
Japanese version confirmed.
If they could add just 1 or 2 new backgrounds, that would be perfect.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 11 Sep 06:52]

Replies:

Gojira
2546th Post

"Re(1):Tatsunoko Capcom +alpha new characters" , posted Thu 10 Sep 22:41post reply

John West? The guy that fights bears for the freshest salmon?

shipoopi

whitesword
1650th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Tatsunoko Capcom +alpha new characters" , posted Fri 11 Sep 01:01post reply

quote:

John West (DEAD RISING?!!!!?????)

I have no choice but to assume that this is Frank West's long lost half brother.

Ishmael
3564th Post

"Re(2):Tatsunoko Capcom +alpha new characters" , posted Fri 11 Sep 01:07post reply

Here's to hoping Joe gets to shoot useless bird missles as one of his supers.

Digitalboy
650th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Tatsunoko Capcom +alpha new characters" , posted Fri 11 Sep 06:10post reply

This is the first time I have seen you say this in awhile Iggy. Do not get me wrong, I believe you. It is just that for the most part, you have been critical (or rather picky) about any games lately.

I am guessing that you already own the Japanese version of this game.
So do you think for the American version and the Japanese re-release will be for the better or worse?
quote:
...awesome game that I love and you should.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Iggy
8963th Post

"Re(2):Tatsunoko Capcom +alpha new characters" , posted Fri 11 Sep 08:12:post reply

Gojira&Whitesword: I have no idea what you're talking about, hum.

Digitalboy: I don't say I like so many games these days because I don't have the time to post, let alone play games. And I don't hate every single game! I can tell you in advance that Saga2 is going to be the best game of the year, for example. because I decide so.

My general opinion of the Japanese version of TvC was... that the game had so many things against it from the very start (the IP problems from the Tatsunoko side, nobody being supportive or wanting to lend his characters from the Capcom side) that it was a miracle that it even was completed. And the execution, when you think of the constraints, was incredible.

It's a little like KOFXII (except TvC is finished, and a good game): you've been complaining for years that SNKP was using the same old sprites over and over again, and when they finally change the sprites and make a great job about it, you kinda have to support it.

We've been having tons of unimaginative fighting games, games filled with loli, boring animu characters, the entire cast of SF2 reunited for the 7th time, a dream-match which pits together characters which have already appeared in several other dream-matches... and suddenly you have a game with 22 characters, and only 5 of them come directly from another fighting game. The rest are new, imaginative and fun; some of them may have a questionnable design according to younger people's tastes, but at least they are not lolis and anorexic boys (not that I have anything against Exam).
And it was more balanced than most (all?) of the X-men vs games of which it is a sorta-sequel, and for a rather new team doing a totally new game in a totally new engine, that was quite a feat.
Oh, and Morrigan looks perfect. I don't care if one SF4 character has more polygons than 10 TvC ones: the artistic direction of TvC wins hand down. If someone wants to do a 3D Vampire, the TvC team would be much more competent than the SF4 one.

So, the game had shortcomings, of course. But the +alpha version will have a slightly bigger cast and a refined balance. Of course, it doesn't mean the game will be perfect, but with the great sense that team has shown until now, I'm pretty confident they will go on doing the best out of the constraints they're having.
I mean, they managed to have Tatsunoko secure the rights for most of its characters around the world. If that's not dedication to make the best possible game, I don't know what it is.

Edit: and I forgot: the game is really, really fun.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 11 Sep 08:16]

ONSLAUGHT
3854th Post

"Re(3):Tatsunoko Capcom +alpha new characters" , posted Fri 11 Sep 08:41post reply

quote:
Gojira&Whitesword: I have no idea what you're talking about, hum.

This

quote:
And I don't hate every single game!

Bad doggie, bad doggie, you disappoint me!

Digitalboy
653th Post

"Re(3):Tatsunoko Capcom +alpha new characters" , posted Sat 12 Sep 02:12post reply

I am waiting for TvsC to come out here in America. From what you are telling us that it is better than SFiv and KoFxii, I am definitely looking forward to it and knowing it will not disappoint.

Apologies in advance, Iggy.

Iggy let me tell you this: I kind of set up a lure for you to go back to your old ways. By giving all of us here in the Cafe the usual treat that you have before. I am just waiting for your interesting stories too. Oh, and especially when you type it in Japanese...
quote:
Digitalboy: I don't say I like so many games these days because I don't have the time to post, let alone play games. And I don't hate every single game! I can tell you in advance that Saga2 is going to be the best game of the year, for example. because I decide so.

My general opinion of the Japanese version of TvC was... that the game had so many things against it from the very start (the IP problems from the Tatsunoko side, nobody being supportive or wanting to lend his characters from the Capcom side) that it was a miracle that it even was completed. And the execution, when you think of the constraints, was incredible.

It's a little like KOFXII (except TvC is finished, and a good game): you've been complaining for years that SNKP was using the same old sprites over and over again, and when they finally change the sprites and make a great job about it, you kinda have to support it.

We've been having tons of unimaginative fighting games, games filled with loli, boring animu characters, the entire cast of SF2 reunited for the 7th time, a dream-match which pits together characters which have already appeared in several other dream-matches... and suddenly you have a game with 22 characters, and only 5 of them come directly from another fighting game. The rest are new, imaginative and fun; some of them may have a questionnable design according to younger people's tastes, but at least they are not lolis and anorexic boys (not that I have anything against Exam).
And it was more balanced than most (all?) of the X-men vs games of which it is a sorta-sequel, and for a rather new team doing a totally new game in a totally new engine, that was quite a feat.
Oh, and Morrigan looks perfect. I don't care if one SF4 character has more polygons than 10 TvC ones: the artistic direction of TvC wins hand down. If someone wants to do a 3D Vampire, the TvC team would be much more competent than the SF4 one.

So, the game had shortcomings, of course. But the +alpha version will have a slightly bigger cast and a refined balance. Of course, it doesn't mean the game will be perfect, but with the great sense that team has shown until now, I'm pretty confident they will go on doing the best out of the constraints they're having.
I mean, they managed to have Tatsunoko secure the rights for most of its characters around the world. If that's not dedication to make the best possible game, I don't know what it is.

Edit: and I forgot: the game is really, really fun.

I don't know how to live

Iggy
8963th Post

"Re(4):Tatsunoko Capcom +alpha new characters" , posted Sat 12 Sep 04:00post reply

My venom and my radiant hatred are currently directed towards my immediate surrounding.
Please let me be benevolent at least when I'm not in the immediate vicinity of a Brit or a co-worker.

Digitalboy
654th Post

"Re(5):Tatsunoko Capcom +alpha new characters" , posted Sat 12 Sep 04:07post reply

If anyone needs me I will be hanging out in the image bbs for about a week or so.
quote:
My venom and my radiant hatred are currently directed towards my immediate surrounding.
Please let me be benevolent at least when I'm not in the immediate vicinity of a Brit or a co-worker.

I don't know how to live

karasu99
210th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Tatsunoko Capcom +alpha new characters" , posted Sat 12 Sep 07:21post reply

quote:

Iggy, you've improved my week greatly by summing up the state of recent fighting games. Thank you.

Nekros
193th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Tatsunoko Capcom +alpha new characters" , posted Thu 17 Sep 23:51post reply

quote:
If someone wants to do a 3D Vampire, the TvC team would be much more competent than the SF4 one.

You Win. Seriously.
The key to really appreciate TvC is, indeed, imagination.

I hate the inclusion of West, tough. There are more characters that can represent Capcom in better ways than him. Also don't like Rockman Zero in place of the original Zero from the X universe.

sfried
410th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Tatsunoko Capcom +alpha new characters" , posted Fri 18 Sep 03:56post reply

quote:
Also don't like Rockman Zero in place of the original Zero from the X universe.

What? RMZ Zero grew on me. Also, he isn't a whiney bitch like X Zero ("What am I fighting foaaaaaaar?!!!)

Iggy
8966th Post

"Re(4):Tatsunoko Capcom +alpha new characters" , posted Fri 18 Sep 04:09post reply

quote:
I hate the inclusion of West, tough. There are more characters that can represent Capcom in better ways than him. Also don't like Rockman Zero in place of the original Zero from the X universe.

Well, we're still not sure which Zero it's going to be... It could be Zero Gouki for all we know (though I strongly doubt it).

Amakusa
820th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(5):Tatsunoko Capcom +alpha new characters" , posted Fri 18 Sep 05:44post reply

quote:
Also don't like Rockman Zero in place of the original Zero from the X universe.
What? RMZ Zero grew on me. Also, he isn't a whiney bitch like X Zero ("What am I fighting foaaaaaaar?!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf-JE2FKD-k

I'd like to thank whoever decided against redubbing the Megaman X Collection for this.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

sfried
412th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Tatsunoko Capcom +alpha new characters" , posted Fri 18 Sep 11:54post reply

quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf-JE2FKD-k

I'd like to thank whoever decided against redubbing the Megaman X Collection for this.

Konami should've followed suit with Dracula X Chronicles.

Iron D
3285th Post

"Frank West Vid" , posted Thu 24 Sep 13:01post reply

Is that his original voice?

Haven't played DR in a long time, and when I did I didn't play it for long. So I can't remember what his voice was like.

Looks like fun to play as though. Kinda reminds me of Jill in MvC2.

Er.....

whitesword
1653th Post

"Re(1):Frank West Vid" , posted Thu 24 Sep 13:12:post reply

quote:

Haven't played DR in a long time, and when I did I didn't play it for long. So I can't remember what his voice was like.

Looks like fun to play as though. Kinda reminds me of Jill in MvC2.

The voice does sound different, maybe it really is John West!?!?!?

Edit: Tekkaman Blade in action

[this message was edited by whitesword on Thu 24 Sep 14:29]

karasu99
216th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Frank West Vid" , posted Fri 25 Sep 01:57post reply

I was worried with Frank until I saw that many of his moves do in fact involve zombies, but those first few seconds were worrisome. And the shopping cart attack is just great.

Wow, this is the first time I've been excited about a fighting game since... well, since KOF2002UM.

Krzyzewski Man
1177th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Frank West Vid" , posted Fri 25 Sep 12:41post reply

Frank West =
I approve of this. That is all*.

*cavil: slow-ass ground sledgehammer move looks useless oh my god

Burning Ranger
1611th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"The MISSING Character..." , posted Tue 29 Sep 11:21post reply

Why isn't Gene from God Hand in this game?

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

Spoon
1814th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):The MISSING Character..." , posted Tue 29 Sep 12:39:post reply

quote:
Why isn't Gene from God Hand in this game?

He lives on... IN THIS BASEBALL BAT!

no seriously, the way the guy winks out and then flys back in smashing into the ground from the other side (AROUND THE WORLD!) after getting hit by that super of Frank West's is just like what happens when Gene uses Dragon Kick on somebody and it doesn't kill them.

[this message was edited by Spoon on Tue 29 Sep 12:39]

Burning Ranger
1613th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Video of Zero and Joe the Condor" , posted Wed 14 Oct 12:11post reply

http://wii.ign.com/articles/103/1034545p1.html

I'm glad they went with the X4 design for Zero...I never really liked the MMZ version. Then again, I never really played MMZ so I'm biased toward the X series.

Can't wait for this game to come out.

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

Ishmael
3594th Post

"Re(1):Video of Zero and Joe the Condor" , posted Thu 15 Oct 03:01post reply

quote:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/103/1034545p1.html

I'm glad they went with the X4 design for Zero...I never really liked the MMZ version. Then again, I never really played MMZ so I'm biased toward the X series.

Can't wait for this game to come out.

The sight of Joe landing Gatchaman's tornado attack is a thing of beauty.

sfried
422th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Video of Zero and Joe the Condor" , posted Thu 15 Oct 12:13post reply

quote:
I highly recommend them if you wanted a proper Inafune-led X series successor.

Nekros
204th Post

Frequent Customer

"New Info" , posted Wed 16 Dec 23:01post reply

Blog updated with 2 new stages (from Tekkaman Blade and Dead Rising) and videos: http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/vs/blog/20091208_411.html
There are also rumors about an Okami stage, with the ink-art styled graphics and about some new characters that are to be revelead soon.

And Secret File n.27 reveals some hot stuff that was supposed to be in the game in the beginning (Phoenix Wright and Ingrid)
http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/vs/img_upload/file01.jpg

Just a Person
1335th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):New Info" , posted Wed 16 Dec 23:48post reply

When is this game supposed to be released, again?

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

karasu99
247th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):New Info" , posted Thu 17 Dec 03:17post reply

quote:

I think about a month from now, right?

Nekros
205th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):New Info" , posted Thu 17 Dec 06:49post reply

quote:

I think about a month from now, right?

End of January.
29/01 U/C
30/01 EU

Nekros
216th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):New Info" , posted Wed 6 Jan 02:09post reply

According to reports of a Capcom USA event, TvC:UAS has some hidden characters and stages to be revelead in a few weeks.
Source: http://www.capcom-unity.com/tatsunokovscapcom/go/thread/view/57851/14722478/Character_AnticipationDiscussionThread&post_num=1948#382907457

Since someone has hinted a Okami-themed stage, one of the new chars may be Amaterasu herself.
Maybe with Phoenix Wright and Ingrid for the Capcom side.

Grave
1273th Post

"Re(5):New Info" , posted Wed 6 Jan 03:18post reply

Wow, more? This is very exciting news! I was fond of the game to begin with. Capcom USA's massive effort to bring it to the US would have been awesome enough, but to get netplay and a number of new characters is just fantastic. I can only hope they'll be rewarded with huge sales, but I'm skeptical of Wii owners... I know I'll do my part.

sfried
452th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Stick SKU official" , posted Wed 6 Jan 03:20:post reply

Stick just got real. Isn't this suppose to ship with the game, though?
quote:
I'm skeptical of Wii owners... I know I'll do my part.

I'm a Wii owner You Damn Fool! And I made certain I bought Muramasa and MadWorld as well.

[this message was edited by sfried on Wed 6 Jan 03:25]

karasu99
259th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):Stick SKU official" , posted Wed 6 Jan 03:34post reply

quote:

I'm a Wii owner You Damn Fool! And I made certain I bought Muramasa and MadWorld as well.

Well... I just preordered it, not just based on the new characters and rumors of even more. I had planned on getting it, but I've begun to become worried that this might be one of those sorts of games that become almost impossible to find if one does not order them-- you know the combo: tons of hype, huge push to get preorders in, and razor thin margins, resulting in instant shortages. So preorder it is.

I don't think I'll be buying that MadCatz stick though-- I've been disappointed with their products since the PS1 era. Plus it's probably the only game I'll ever get for the Wii that demands a stick.

Iggy
9038th Post

"Re(5):New Info" , posted Wed 6 Jan 03:40post reply

Don't hold your hopes high.
The next and final hidden character is Yattaman N°2.

sfried
453th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Stick SKU official" , posted Wed 6 Jan 03:42:post reply

There was suppose to be a Hori Stick for sale for $30, but then my order got cancelled and claimed they were out of stock.

I need a stick so bad, and it's not just for fighters. Wii has a sizable number of shmups and I feel the only way to play them is through arcades sticks.

That said, the alternatives would also be looking for the now expensive Hori GameCube sticks, or just get a converter and pray it works.

Lastly, I did start a thread in SRK concerning the issue with MadCatz, and it turns out they have been improving (based on the responses. Something about the SE/TE being more mod friends). Anyways, that's what I've heard.

I myself tend to stick away from MadCatz products but if I could find a good quality alternative then I'm all for it.
quote:
Don't hold your hopes high.
The next and final hidden character is Yattaman N°2.

People were asking for Kumogi. What's so special about her?

[this message was edited by sfried on Wed 6 Jan 03:44]

Iggy
9039th Post

"Re(8):Stick SKU official" , posted Wed 6 Jan 04:07post reply

quote:

Loli.

sfried
453th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):Stick SKU official" , posted Wed 6 Jan 04:58post reply

quote:

Loli.

Don't we have Roll fitting that...role already?

Toxico
4834th Post

"Re(10):Stick SKU official" , posted Wed 6 Jan 05:02post reply

quote:

Loli.
Don't we have Roll fitting that...role already?

Roll doesn't end up naked in order to add comedy to the show.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Translation txt currently off line.

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 14 as of 11/12/09

sfried
455th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Stick SKU official" , posted Wed 6 Jan 05:09:post reply

quote:
Roll doesn't end up naked in order to add comedy to the show.

Hmm...point taken. But that's what doujins and comiket are for...
quote:

I'm pretty sure it's a different voice. "Oh my gosh!"

Why not the Soul Taker dude? Too recent?

[this message was edited by sfried on Wed 6 Jan 05:10]

GekigangerV
1634th Post

"Udon endings" , posted Sat 9 Jan 10:56post reply

Link Here

Udon Entertainment has once again found itself involved in another Capcom game. No word on what will become of the animated endings.

Grave
1280th Post

"Talentless assholes return" , posted Sat 9 Jan 11:00post reply

SOMEONE MUST PAY

nobinobita
673th Post

"Re(1):Udon endings" , posted Sat 9 Jan 11:28post reply

quote:
Link Here

Udon Entertainment has once again found itself involved in another Capcom game. No word on what will become of the animated endings.

D :

Oh well. At least it's ... Omar Dogan? I think that's his art. He's not so bad. He has alot of heart.

Iggy
9045th Post

"Re(1):Udon endings" , posted Sat 9 Jan 19:37post reply

quote:
Link Here

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I suppose dubbing the animated sequence was too expensive... But then, what's the point of doing the game with the Tatsunoko if you can't show their work in the first place?

kofoguz
811th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Udon endings" , posted Sun 10 Jan 03:50post reply

quote:
Link Here

Wow, censorship.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Is that Morrigan or Lilith?

End of Spoiler

Nekros
219th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Udon endings" , posted Sun 10 Jan 04:15post reply

Wow, this is DA shit!
Anyway, are animated endings still present in the jap version?

sfried
455th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Udon endings" , posted Sun 10 Jan 15:42post reply

quote:
Link Here

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I suppose dubbing the animated sequence was too expensive... But then, what's the point of doing the game with the Tatsunoko if you can't show their work in the first place?

Who said the animated sequences will be out? For all we know they are simply replacing the stills from the previous version.