Iggy
8956th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Tue 25 Aug 21:47post reply

A NEW DARIUS GAME!!!!!!!!!
On PSP.
With guys from Gundam 00 in the staff.
BUT IT HAS ZUNTATA I CAN'T BELIEVE IT GAAAAAAAAH.

Also, Arcana Heart 3.

Replies:

Maou
1780th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Tue 25 Aug 22:45post reply

Holy cow, new Darius? Now I can go back to confusing it with Gradius all of the time.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Ishmael
3555th Post

"Re(2):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Wed 26 Aug 01:37post reply

In some odd way I have to admire the Arcana Heart games. Nothing has gone right for the series in a long time but the creators nevertheless continue to work at new iterations of AH. This is especially impressive considering that for an all-girl fighting game AH does not seem to have caught on with the folks who buy merchandise based on anime and games. The secondary market of artbooks, overpriced figures and erotic cosplay seems to have completely passed AH by. So congratulations to AH for overcoming AH Full, the PS2 port of AH2 and an indifferent buying public in order to put out yet another sequel.

While on the subject of random news, the new characters in TvC will be announced at TGS.

sfried
399th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Wed 26 Aug 07:06:post reply

Layton 4 will have Mother 3-esq segment courtesy of Brownie Brown.

Not enough Mother love? Level 5 also makes a full fledged Brownie Brown title Fantasy Life

[this message was edited by sfried on Wed 26 Aug 07:14]

KTallguy
1144th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Wed 26 Aug 08:51post reply

I am slightly excited about Ni no Kuni.

http://www.level5.co.jp/products/ninokuni/index.html

I eat Ghibli stuff up. I really want HD copies of all their films.

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

karasu99
203th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Wed 26 Aug 09:04post reply

quote:
Holy cow, new Darius? Now I can go back to confusing it with Gradius all of the time.

My jaw has dropped upon hearing your comment.

It was already dropped after hearing about a new Darius. Now I can consider my day to have been 'extra-good'.

Maou
1781th Post

"Re(3):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Wed 26 Aug 11:18post reply

quote:

My jaw has dropped upon hearing your comment.

It was already dropped after hearing about a new Darius. Now I can consider my day to have been 'extra-good'.

No, really! Like, both were famed shooters I never played, being more of a 194x, Aleste, and Ikaruga man, and both had the "-ius" ending. Secretly, though, what I really always wanted to play with the Saturn I never bought was Sexy Parodius.

IkariDC
772th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Wed 26 Aug 12:10post reply

quote:
A NEW DARIUS GAME!!!!!!!!!
On PSP.
With guys from Gundam 00 in the staff.
BUT IT HAS ZUNTATA I CAN'T BELIEVE IT GAAAAAAAAH.

Of course they do, Zuntata is still the name of their sound team but what they do not have now is all of those great composers like Hisayoshi Ogura (I really don't know what he is doing now but if a new Darius is coming, he should be doing the score), Tamayo Kawamoto, Yasuhisa Watanabe... I really miss their lives!

Count Hihihi
181th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Wed 26 Aug 17:53post reply

quote:

While on the subject of random news, the new characters in TvC will be announced at TGS.

My guess is that they will reveal something incredibly stupid, like ANIMU WOLVERINE.

Kotaku Ono and the Fanboy spirit.

karasu99
204th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Thu 27 Aug 01:59post reply

quote:

My guess is that they will reveal something incredibly stupid, like ANIMU WOLVERINE.

I think I would be pleased to hear about anything short of palette-swap characters. I'm so jaded about fighting games lately

Hey, and Maou, track down Sexy Parodius. It you can't get it on Saturn (I can't tell from your post if it's the Saturn or SP itself that you never bought) there is a PSP release as part of the Parodius collection. It's my favorite of the series, and is incredibly fun, even these days.

exodus
4227th Post

"Re(5):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Thu 27 Aug 04:09post reply

yay for darius!
I hope they don't fuck it up.

Spoon
1797th Post

"Re(6):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Thu 27 Aug 04:29post reply

quote:
yay for darius!
I hope they don't fuck it up.

Now you've reminded me of that new Thunder Force game that was released not so long ago.

exodus
4228th Post

"Re(7):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Thu 27 Aug 14:15post reply

quote:

Now you've reminded me of that new Thunder Force game that was released not so long ago.

that didn't happen.

I didn't play it so it doesn't exist.

Ishmael
3556th Post

"Re(8):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Thu 27 Aug 23:22post reply

A buffed up Tokugawa and a ridiculous looking Mitsunari have been added to the Sengoku Basara 3 page. Also of interest is the news that Capcom has trademarked the Basara name in the US. Perhaps this means that Capcom is going to make another stab at getting the series out of Japan. But this is also the same Capcom that is crazy enough to think that anybody likes Yukimura Sanada so it's hard to tell what's going to happen.

Maou
1782th Post

"Re(9):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Fri 28 Aug 10:55post reply

Indeed! I did not even know it ever released abroad. My further 30 second research reveals it to have been called "Devil Kings" in English. Ooops.

Iggy
8957th Post

"Re(10):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Fri 28 Aug 22:43post reply

quote:
Indeed! I did not even know it ever released abroad. My further 30 second research reveals it to have been called "Devil Kings" in English. Ooops.

Oh, you have no idea of the disaster Devil Kings was.
Oh, you have no idea.

Still, I'm very intrigued by this whole Sengoku 3 matchup, with Musou going more and more Basara (which is good) while Basara goes strangely Musou (badly, very badly).
It cannot end well.

Or maybe the silhouette of the next character from Basara that looks like Hondam will actually end up being Inahime taking her father's role, and the game will go back to being awesome. I want to play as Matsunaga, and not as a DLC, goddamnit.

Maou
1784th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Rise from your grave, Random thr" , posted Fri 28 Aug 23:50:post reply

quote:
Oh, you have no idea.
Oh wow, you are right, I see, now that I have extended my research window to 45 seconds up from 30. I particularly like the comment below. I didn't know that they still had "let's get rid of 'oriental' influences!"-style yahoos like this working in the localization market anymore. What's even more impressive here is that their yahoo is Japanese:

Kobayashi: The Japanese version of the game is based on Japanese history. There are some fantasy elements that didn't actually happen, of course, but enough of it is there. With the U.S. version, we've taken that element out entirely. Some of the backgrounds may retain that eastern flair. Many of them don't and are brand new; many of the enemies are brand new; and it's no longer based around the idea of feudal Japan at all. That part of the game has now been changed to be darker, devilish.

..."eastern flair"?!

[this message was edited by Maou on Fri 28 Aug 23:53]

Amakusa
818th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Rise from your grave, Random thr" , posted Sat 29 Aug 00:24post reply

quote:
Oh, you have no idea. Oh wow, you are right, I see, now that I have extended my research window to 45 seconds up from 30. I particularly like the comment below. I didn't know that they still had "let's get rid of 'oriental' influences!"-style yahoos like this working in the localization market anymore. What's even more impressive here is that their yahoo is Japanese:

I think they wanted to try to differentiate themselves from Samurai Warriors that was already established, because you know how dumb Americans are about that sort of thing.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

whitesword
1648th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Sat 29 Aug 00:52post reply

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/08/27/okamiden-to-be-revealed-in-the-next-issue-of-famitsu/

This is fascinating and confusing, and possibly somewhat frightening.

nobinobita
593th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Re(10):Rise from your grave, Random thr" , posted Sat 29 Aug 02:26post reply

quote:

I think they wanted to try to differentiate themselves from Samurai Warriors that was already established, because you know how dumb Americans are about that sort of thing.

The days of overt orientalism in games are long gone. Modern games are full of sensitive and nuanced portrayals of eastern culture.

(this teaser made me lol)

(also, please note that Funcom is not an American company)

Mako
372th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Rise from your grave, Random thr" , posted Sat 29 Aug 02:58post reply

And now for something completely different:

How does the Internet see you?

Descarta

Digitalboy
645th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(6):Re(10):Rise from your grave, Random thr" , posted Sat 29 Aug 05:35:post reply

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I use a netbook and my screen is too small for that website. CURSES! I blame master poster for this...
quote:
And now for something completely different:

How does the Internet see you?

*EDIT: I could not spell right on my netbook. I blame master poster for the misspelling. CURSE YOU MASTER POSTER!

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

[this message was edited by Digitalboy on Sat 29 Aug 05:37]

Pollyanna
2749th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Rise from your grave, Random thr" , posted Sat 29 Aug 10:29post reply

I'm torn on Basara 3. I was irritated when I heard it was coming out on Wii then somewhat relieved to hear it was gonna be on PS3 as well. But I'm starting to feel like the Wii version is not going to be the obviously gimped one...which is a shame. As in, the result will be "wow, this looks really great for a Wii game and really crappy for a PS3 one". So if the Wii doesn't win by "stealing" the title, then it wins by screwing up the other version.

I like Tokugawa's redesign (I liked his old one, too), but I'd like it better if his voice hadn't changed (or had changed LESS) and the other characters were redesigned as well. Of course, that's a little early to say...but I'm hoping to see some more redesigns as they introduce more characters.

quote:
Oh, you have no idea. Oh wow, you are right, I see, now that I have extended my research window to 45 seconds up from 30. I particularly like the comment below. I didn't know that they still had "let's get rid of 'oriental' influences!"-style yahoos like this working in the localization market anymore. What's even more impressive here is that their yahoo is Japanese:

Kobayashi: The Japanese version of the game is based on Japanese history. There are some fantasy elements that didn't actually happen, of course, but enough of it is there. With the U.S. version, we've taken that element out entirely. Some of the backgrounds may retain that eastern flair. Many of them don't and are brand new; many of the enemies are brand new; and it's no longer based around the idea of feudal Japan at all. That part of the game has now been changed to be darker, devilish.

..."eastern flair"?!

If they had actually gone with that, then it would have been one thing, but they just kind of...took things out and pretended like it wasn't Japanese instead of actually reworking it.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Ishmael
3557th Post

"Re(2):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Sun 30 Aug 04:41post reply

That nonsensical period where Capcom of Japan tried to create games that were specifically supposed to appeal to the western market was, thankfully, very short. I remember reading an interview with someone from the DMC games [Itsuno perhaps?] who complained that when he was making DMC3 he was told to make a game that Americans would like even though he had no idea how he was supposed to fulfill that order. Looking at the game it appears he decided that Americans wanted to hear Dante scream "Whoo!" a lot.

Thankfully those days are behind us and we can now look forward to 2010 when Nobunaga will rule over the Wii with two warring states period games. That's what Americans really want to play.

quote:
http://www.siliconera.com/2009/08/27/okamiden-to-be-revealed-in-the-next-issue-of-famitsu/

While I know this will involve an entirely new production team the idea of a sequel to Okami that tightened up the experience isn't the worst idea ever. I enjoyed the first game but the plot was so endless and rambling that I never managed to finish it in spite of all the time I sank into the game.

Spoon
1798th Post

"Re(8):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Sun 30 Aug 06:38post reply

quote:

that didn't happen.

I didn't play it so it doesn't exist.

If only I could enjoy the same ignorance!

Meanwhile, I finally got to play Bionic Commando (the fully 3D one), and while I can understand some of the criticisms of the game, it's still really fun... but then again, I'm a sucker for Bionic Commando.

kofoguz
751th Post

"Re(2):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Mon 31 Aug 00:37:post reply

quote:

I guess they can pull it of cause as far as I remember, it was "the history repeating itself" story. They can either tell what happened 100 years ago in a prequel or another reborn tale.
Maybe they use modern times or near history times. It could very well take its charm, though.

Oh btw if its a Okami game I hope they put a Amaterasu's home level to the game. I really yearned to see that level in the first game.

A HD remake while might be pointless, would be ok with me.

EDIT:

SnkP doesnt seem to join TGS this year? What does that mean?

Next game they're gonna announce will be the already announced KOF:MIRA2. According to their Ps2 release page update. But they dont have nothing else to show? Will they skip this year?

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Mon 31 Aug 10:01]

Maese
512th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Mon 31 Aug 18:06post reply

Good jolly, here I come back to the civilization after a month of retirement and seclussion on the Castillian campiña, only to find about Sengoku Basara 3 and a possible new Ookami on the works! What a welcome feast!

While I think choosing Sekigahara as the background for this new Basara is a sound decission, I don't like at all what I've seen so far. Ieyasu had a lot more of charsima when he was a midget, and that emo-looking flimsy guy does not make for a convincing Mitsunari in my book. That's what you got when you sell you soul to the yaoi fangirl hordes, I guess. As the old adaggio goes, "Capcom, I am dissapoint".

Still, I'll wait a bit more before forming an opinion, since there are a lot of potentially great characters who have yet to show up. I wonder how badass a "capcom-ized" Katou Kiyomasa would be, or if they would dare to include a gothloli Hosokawa Gracia. It'd be just one step further from Oichi, so one can just dream...

Iggy
8958th Post

"Re(4):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Mon 31 Aug 19:50post reply

For Basara: Kojuro, Hondam and Sasuke are confirmed.

The Imagawa, Asai, Oda(+Akechi) clans don't exist anymore, and neither does Hideyoshi's. Shingen is dead, so Kenshin is our as well probably.
I really, really hope this means those characters won't appear in the "main" story line, but will be back in their own modes or flashback, because erasing half of the cast to add them later as DLC or +alpha version is a lame way to make more money... OK, of course that's what going to happen.

They announce a big list of new characters (to replace the old ones probably). The younger Mori, Saiga Magoichi are confirmed, and Otani Yoshitsugu is rumoured.

Thankfully, some people still know how to make games without betraying their audience: Saga2 GOD looks filled with awesome.

Maese
514th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Mon 31 Aug 22:11post reply

quote:
For Basara: Kojuro, Hondam and Sasuke are confirmed.

The Imagawa, Asai, Oda(+Akechi) clans don't exist anymore, and neither does Hideyoshi's. Shingen is dead, so Kenshin is our as well probably.

Can't say I like it, but timeline-wise it makes sense. Would the DARE to age Yukimura and Masamune accordingly? Nah, just a rethoric question... Anyway, you can bet they will add a lot of the old crew as special guests DLC afterwards.

On the other hand, I hope Yoshitsugu ends up being a sort of zombie warrior whith the ability to perform attacks with detached parts of his own body. That would be quite awesome. I'm also looking forward to a grown-up Musashi, hopefully dirtier and smellier than the lepper general himself.

Guess what? I'm officially hyped about Basara 3!

Digitalboy
645th Post

"Re(6):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Tue 1 Sep 00:18post reply

Disney to acquire Marvel Comics?

I do not know how to comment about this. I cannot tell if it will be a good move or bad move. I would just like to know: will Disney (since it is a family oriented name) control the content on Marvel's characters and stories? And if they ever decide to make another Kingdom Hearts, will we see Deadpool teaming up with Donald Duck and that protagonist of the home console Kingdom Hearts?

I don't know how to live

Ishmael
3558th Post

"Re(7):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Tue 1 Sep 02:41post reply

quote:

Well, I didn't see that one coming. If there's one thing I can take away from this news right now it's that the $4 billion US price tag makes those doomsayers who constantly predict the death of the comic book industry look a little short-sighted.

Oroch
1076th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(7):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Tue 1 Sep 03:27post reply

quote:

I do not know how to comment about this. I cannot tell if it will be a good move or bad move. I would just like to know: will Disney (since it is a family oriented name) control the content on Marvel's characters and stories? And if they ever decide to make another Kingdom Hearts, will we see Deadpool teaming up with Donald Duck and that protagonist of the home console Kingdom Hearts?

as a stock holder i don't care!

sfried
399th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Tue 1 Sep 04:53post reply

quote:
"That ain't MAHVEL, baby."

Digitalboy
646th Post

"Re(8):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Tue 1 Sep 06:15post reply

Well, I guess it will work out in the end. I know Oroch is laughing each time he is watching CNBC or whatever he watches concerning his stocks.

Time Warner has owned DC Comics for how long now? And look at how DC did in the early 90's to early 2000's with their animation intellectual properties.

Everyone on this message board is now secretly awaiting Disney's next racing game featuring Mickey and Doctor Doom on the Wii.
quote:
Disney to acquire Marvel Comics?"That ain't MAHVEL, baby."

I don't know how to live

ONSLAUGHT
3849th Post

"Re(8):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Tue 1 Sep 06:30post reply

quote:
the $4 billion US price tag makes those doomsayers who constantly predict the death of the comic book industry look a little short-sighted.

Disney is not buying Marvel for the comics (I bet they won't interfere with them), they're buying it for the brand value licensing and movies.

sfried
400th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Tue 1 Sep 09:28post reply

quote:
the $4 billion US price tag makes those doomsayers who constantly predict the death of the comic book industry look a little short-sighted.
Disney is not buying Marvel for the comics (I bet they won't interfere with them), they're buying it for the brand value licensing and movies.

So they're buying it under the Mirmax brand?

nobinobita
595th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(9):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Tue 1 Sep 11:08post reply

quote:

So based on the numbers 1 Pixar ($7.4) approximately equals 2 Marvels ($4 billion?). That seems like a pretty dang good deal to me considering how many Marvel franchises are foundational pillars of American pop culture.

But yeah, I agree that it's doubtful much will change. They'll continue to make super hit movies and the comics will always be around as a breeding ground for more movie possibilities.

And hopefully this will all culminate in some sort of Capcom vs Marvel vs Disney vs Squeenix fighting Jamboree.

Maou
1784th Post

"Re(10):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Tue 1 Sep 11:18post reply

quote:
So based on the numbers 1 Pixar ($7.4) approximately equals 2 Marvels ($4 billion?). That seems like a pretty dang good deal to me considering how many Marvel franchises are foundational pillars of American pop culture.
Not a bad buy, but then, I suspect that the real reason for this is for Marvel movies, which make big bucks, as opposed to the comics, which have a following that I suspect is dedicated but small, if not shrinking, in this day and age. A few are key to parts of American pop culture I think, but there's probably a great many more people who casually know of the X-men and Spiderman than who actually read them in the 21st century. I bet the comics get left alone for the fans while Disney plays around with the movies for the serious dough.

And on with impossible wishes, if there was a Disney-Square-Marvel-Capcom super fighting game with an engine by Square's old Dream Factory Tobal guys, this world would be a better place. Spiderman vs. Donald Duck vs. Cefca, pronto.

nobinobita
596th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Re(10):Rise from your grave, Random thr" , posted Tue 1 Sep 13:53post reply

quote:

And on with impossible wishes, if there was a Disney-Square-Marvel-Capcom super fighting game with an engine by Square's old Dream Factory Tobal guys, this world would be a better place. Spiderman vs. Donald Duck vs. Cefca, pronto.

Holy smokes YES that'd be great! I've really had Dream Factory on my mind lately. I think it's cos MMA has really blown up and Tobal was the first game I remember to incorporate things like grappling and take downs and even takedown defense. Tobal 2 is probably my favorite 3d fighter. I just watched some videos of it on youtube for old times sake and I'm stunned by how many things it does right that most games still don't touch on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-8ykxV-qN4

The game's so visceral. There are very few games that convey such a good sense of pushing and pulling and weight.

sfried
401th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Okamiden!" , posted Tue 1 Sep 17:12post reply

Speak of the Devil Kings, Capcom reveals Okamiden in the latest Famitsu.

KTallguy
1145th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Okamiden!" , posted Tue 1 Sep 17:28post reply

I'm surprised it got greenlighted, but I am looking forward to seeing how they change things.

Count Hihihi
182th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Rise from your grave, Random thr" , posted Tue 1 Sep 18:56post reply

quote:

There are very few games that convey such a good sense of pushing and pulling and weight.

What about Ocarina of Time?!?

Iggy
8959th Post

"Okamiden" , posted Tue 1 Sep 20:02post reply

My expectations on Okamiden are very, very low: the producer is the director of Onimusha 2, Shadow of Rome, but more importantly the producer of Gyakuten Keiji.
The director was event director on Dino Crisis, and planner in the Mikami team.

The good thing it that he looks close to Takushu.... Which is important because when Kamiya left Capcom, he said that if they wanted to make a sequel to Okami, they should give it to Takushu. Just imagine what he could have done with it...
Oh well.

Good news though: Here is Takushu's current project:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/a53cdf47402335
http://www.imagebam.com/image/04ca2b47402337
I like a lot. And his producer on this is Takeshita, so I smell an awesome game coupled with a commercial failure.
<3

Maou
1785th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Rise from your grave, Random thr" , posted Wed 2 Sep 00:25post reply

quote:
Holy smokes YES that'd be great! I've really had Dream Factory on my mind lately. I think it's cos MMA has really blown up and Tobal was the first game I remember to incorporate things like grappling and take downs and even takedown defense. Tobal 2 is probably my favorite 3d fighter. I just watched some videos of it on youtube for old times sake and I'm stunned by how many things it does right that most games still don't touch on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-8ykxV-qN4

The game's so visceral. There are very few games that convey such a good sense of pushing and pulling and weight.

Yeah, Tobal 2 is like the Dreamcast of fighting games. Years and years beyond its time, relatively unknown given its importance, and still holds up perfectly well in almost every way. And let's not forget EMPEROR UDAN

It's probably the only fighting game that feels like a grapple fight would feel like, and despite the technical feel about it, it ends up (unlike Virtua Fighter) still feeling really frenetic and fun. Tobal 2 should have been re-released about 8 times by now if this universe were in the right place.

Ishmael
3559th Post

"Re(9):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Wed 2 Sep 01:28post reply

quote:

Yeah, I should probably explain myself a bit better on that one. You're quite right, it's toys, movies, video games, Spidey underwear and all that other stuff that generates money for Marvel. Since Disney has managed to pull in 5 billion dollars off everything related to the movie Cars I'm certain they know just how large their profits can be from Marvel over the long haul. Rather, I was commenting on those who look at the sluggish sales of monthly comic books and then fret that the sky is falling. Telling stories through comics isn't going anywhere and the superhero genre isn't leaving anytime soon either but at this point the monthly comic book is a loss-leader.

quote:
I like a lot. And his producer on this is Takeshita, so I smell an awesome game coupled with a commercial failure.
<3

Thanks, this looks interesting! Who says there are no new ideas in games?

exodus
4230th Post

"Re(1):Okamiden" , posted Wed 2 Sep 06:33post reply

quote:

<3

hmm, this does look quite nice! gives off an odd lupin vibe as well.

sfried
402th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Okamiden" , posted Wed 2 Sep 06:46post reply

quote:
<3

Details

quote:
"I first thought of this idea about five years ago," Takumi told Famitsu magazine. "We were working on the third Ace Attorney and figured it was time to start thinking about the next thing. So I came up with a plan to make a new type of mystery, something different in style from Ace Attorney. I chose a portable platform because it matches well with the style of my games -- the close range between you and the small screen creates this in-the-game-world effect which I like."

hikarutilmitt
504th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Wed 2 Sep 08:01post reply

quote:
Next game they're gonna announce will be the already announced KOF:MIRA2. According to their Ps2 release page update. But they dont have nothing else to show? Will they skip this year?

Am I the only one who thinks they'd be better off just porting MIRA2 to XBLA and PSN? MIRA on PS2 was pretty much ONLY for online play, or versus at the very least, and that seems like it would be perfect for the 2 major online systems.

Iggy
8960th Post

"Re(4):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Wed 2 Sep 08:48post reply

I didn't know people still expected MIRA2 to be released.

nobinobita
597th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Okamiden" , posted Wed 2 Sep 09:21post reply

quote:

<3

Looks awesome! It looks like they might be using a flat shaded, untextured polygon style for the graphics, much like Out of This World and Flashback. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

ONSLAUGHT
3850th Post

"Re(5):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Wed 2 Sep 18:33post reply

quote:
I didn't know people still expected MIRA2 to be released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU878RB7i_Q

Mozex
387th Post

Silver Customer

"Curse your initialisims!" , posted Wed 2 Sep 22:42post reply

What is MIRA2? google was not helpful.

I've heard lots of Megaman covers, but never with lyrics before. Anybody care to shed some light on what they're singing about?

Be kind to goblins.

karasu99
205th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Curse your initialisims!" , posted Wed 2 Sep 23:14post reply

quote:

Unless I'm mistaken, it's Maximum Impact Regulation "A" 2.

ONSLAUGHT
3851th Post

"Re(1):Curse your initialisims!" , posted Thu 3 Sep 02:23post reply

quote:

I've heard lots of Megaman covers, but never with lyrics before. Anybody care to shed some light on what they're singing about?

This might be able to help a little

Ishmael
3560th Post

"Re(2):Curse your initialisims!" , posted Thu 3 Sep 02:46post reply

quote:

Even with that ridiculous jumble of letters the initials of KoF:MIRA2 are still the least confusing thing about that possible game.

hikarutilmitt
505th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Curse your initialisims!" , posted Thu 3 Sep 06:53post reply

quote:

Even with that ridiculous jumble of letters the initials of KoF:MIRA2 are still the least confusing thing about that possible game.

I'm still convinced it's a thinly veiled attempt to get the Spanish KoF community's attention.

ONSLAUGHT
3852th Post

"Re(4):Curse your initialisims!" , posted Thu 3 Sep 07:35post reply

quote:

I'm still convinced it's a thinly veiled attempt to get the Spanish KoF community's attention.

I see what you did there

sfried
403th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Okamiden" , posted Thu 3 Sep 17:50post reply

Capcom's TGS offerings. Videos might play slowly on some computers.

Digitalboy
647th Post

"Re(3):Okamiden" , posted Fri 4 Sep 09:23post reply

Old news, but just in case any comic fans missed it. The first arc of Superman/Batman: Public Enemies by Ed McGuiness & Jeph Loeb. This makes up for the presentable but not that good Superman: Doomsday.

The next rumored animated feature from Time-Warner/DC is "Sinestro Corps War".

I would not mind to see the main "Infinite Crisis" mini-series animated before "Corps" just because of continuity and I am a huge fan of the Flash.

I don't know how to live

Iron D
3271th Post

"Re(4):Okamiden" , posted Sat 5 Sep 06:43post reply

quote:

I would not mind to see the main "Infinite Crisis" mini-series animated before "Corps" just because of continuity and I am a huge fan of the Flash.

I knew about Public Enemies (in my opinion the last great story that Loeb wrote), but Sinestro Corps War? That would kick all kinds of ass!

Er.....

hikarutilmitt
506th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Okamiden" , posted Sat 5 Sep 22:52post reply

quote:
Old news, but just in case any comic fans missed it. The first arc of Superman/Batman: Public Enemies by Ed McGuiness & Jeph Loeb. This makes up for the presentable but not that good Superman: Doomsday.

I really like the art style they're using for the more recent offerings. I knew about this one before Green Lantern came out (which I still need to get!) and haven't viewed any footage or actual info about it until now. At least it isn't as ugly as Doomsday was, even though I don't think Doomsday was as bad as a lot of people say (though it certainly could have been BETTER).

What I'd love to see is them doing a Harley and Ivy one based off the comic miniseries. If successful it could show that the DC movies don't always have to be about action and epic origins.

Digitalboy
649th Post

"Re(5):Okamiden" , posted Sun 6 Sep 01:28post reply

I liked the Green Lantern animated movie because of the presentation and character development of Sinestro. I never actually paid any attention between Hal and Sinestro when they were both in the Corps until this movie. Now that I think about it this movie could loosely be a lead up to the "War". I just want to see Superboy-Prime ravage the animated DC world and all glorious cameo tie-ins from other DC characters.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
For some odd reason I am already disappointed if they will make a watered down loose adaptation of the "War".

End of Spoiler

Hikarutilmitt, what is the name of the Harley/Ivy mini-series that you type of? I am interested in reading that now.

quote:
I really like the art style they're using for the more recent offerings. I knew about this one before Green Lantern came out (which I still need to get!) and haven't viewed any footage or actual info about it until now. At least it isn't as ugly as Doomsday was, even though I don't think Doomsday was as bad as a lot of people say (though it certainly could have been BETTER).

What I'd love to see is them doing a Harley and Ivy one based off the comic miniseries. If successful it could show that the DC movies don't always have to be about action and epic origins.

I concur IronD. Asses will be kicked and a big slap to Marvel's animation department. If DC actually pulls off this rumor successfully, Marvel will have to reply with something just as extraordinary. I vote Annihilation or Ultimatum (...just kidding), Civil War (seriously, guys).
quote:
I knew about Public Enemies (in my opinion the last great story that Loeb wrote), but Sinestro Corps War? That would kick all kinds of ass!

I don't know how to live

hikarutilmitt
507th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Okamiden" , posted Sun 6 Sep 12:13post reply

quote:
Hikarutilmitt, what is the name of the Harley/Ivy mini-series that you type of? I am interested in reading that now.

Batman: Harley & Ivy

Looking on Amazon for a quick TPB check shows they actually did finally collect it back in 2007.

Iron D
3274th Post

"Re(6):Okamiden" , posted Sun 6 Sep 20:00post reply

quote:
I liked the Green Lantern animated movie because of the presentation and character development of Sinestro. I never actually paid any attention between Hal and Sinestro when they were both in the Corps until this movie. Now that I think about it this movie could loosely be a lead up to the "War". I just want to see Superboy-Prime ravage the animated DC world and all glorious cameo tie-ins from other DC characters.

I concur IronD. Asses will be kicked and a big slap to Marvel's animation department. If DC actually pulls off this rumor successfully, Marvel will have to reply with something just as extraordinary. I vote Annihilation or Ultimatum (...just kidding), Civil War (seriously, guys).

Ultimatum....damn. Just damn. I just shake my head whenever there is any mention of that travesty. A mark of just how far a once great comic universe has fallen.

I vote Civil War.

Er.....

ONSLAUGHT
3854th Post

"Mmmhh..." , posted Tue 8 Sep 09:44:post reply

quote:

I vote Civil War.

What about the upcoming Planet Hulk feature coming to DVD? Looks to be a faithful adaptation so far.
Oh, and I want to see The Age of Apocalypse get the animation treatment.

[this message was edited by ONSLAUGHT on Tue 8 Sep 18:20]

sfried
404th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Okamiden" , posted Wed 9 Sep 04:21post reply

quote:
My expectations on Okamiden are very, very low: the producer is the director of Onimusha 2, Shadow of Rome, but more importantly the producer of Gyakuten Keiji.
The director was event director on Dino Crisis, and planner in the Mikami team.
You can raise your expectations a little, I guess.

karasu99
206th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Okamiden" , posted Wed 9 Sep 06:03post reply

quote:
You can raise your expectations a little, I guess.

It seems to me that the DS is the perfect system for this game(or for the original, for that matter), given the nature of the control.

Plus, the paintbrush-celshaded art matches very well with the size and display of the DS, or so it would seem.

Ishmael
3562th Post

"Re(3):Okamiden" , posted Wed 9 Sep 09:24post reply

I was on the fence about the idea of more Okami but the way that puppy pranced about in the video was so ridiculously endearing that I'm now sold on the game.

The front page of the MMCafe still has postings about NGBC which, in an odd turn of events, is a game I happen to have pulled out of mothballs recently. While NGBC still has a lot of elements I'm not crazy about this second go at the game helped me see a lot of personality in the title that I missed when I initially purchased it. Was SNK satisfied with the performance of NGBC or is it yet another series that is doomed to languish in limbo while KoF soaks up all the resources?

kofoguz
751th Post

"Re(4):Okamiden" , posted Wed 9 Sep 09:58post reply

quote:
The front page of the MMCafe still has postings about NGBC which, in an odd turn of events, is a game I happen to have pulled out of mothballs recently. While NGBC still has a lot of elements I'm not crazy about this second go at the game helped me see a lot of personality in the title that I missed when I initially purchased it. Was SNK satisfied with the performance of NGBC or is it yet another series that is doomed to languish in limbo while KoF soaks up all the resources?

The weird thing is I was led into NGBC youtube vids tonight and I thought I should find it and play some. I was pissed off by the load times and it was a hard game to bear/t, in conclusion I didnt touch it for a long time. But vids remind me to give it a "one more chance". I mean for the loading times.

Once Falcoon said in an interview, the sequel depends on PS2 sellings. But it was a different time for SNK I guess.

But I think they didnt give up old style sprites and KOF 2002UM isnt the last of its kind. Especially when Dr. NeoGeo is around.

That reminds me still no updates on main page.

Also why there isnt anymore gamin devouted sites anymore. All there is left is their forums. S-C.com, MMcafe, Insert Credit, Neo-Geo.Com (although its natural), Cyberfanatix is also slow nowadays, R.I.P. Kof online, etc...
What's happening to this sites? Or its only my neighbourhood? There are more alive, good quality gaming sites? (except the journal style gamespot,ign, etc..)
What's the deal?

Maou
1787th Post

"Re(5):Okamiden" , posted Wed 9 Sep 10:36:post reply

quote:

Also why there isnt anymore gamin devouted sites anymore. All there is left is their forums. S-C.com, MMcafe, Insert Credit, Neo-Geo.Com (although its natural), Cyberfanatix is also slow nowadays, R.I.P. Kof online, etc...
What's happening to this sites? Or its only my neighbourhood? There are more alive, good quality gaming sites? (except the journal style gamespot,ign, etc..)
What's the deal?

I feel your pain. In English, as far as I can tell, the "artisanal website" or fansite has by and large disappeared in favor of the crappy blog format everyone uses now. I miss "____ Shrines" and the like, and of course there was always the legendary GIA. So, aside from junk like IGN, Gamespot, Kotaku, etc., let's see... There's precious few gems left like the Cafe or Insert Credit. Here's what I can think of right now:

-Gamasutra: Brandon's here a lot; good news and interviews
-Action Button: Tim Rogers' review site
-Toasty Frog: Jeremy Parish's website of essays and reviews of things, different from his work at 1UP; the GameSpite 'zine he publishes is probably the most ambitious thing happening in personal gaming writing in English
-UK Resistance: Still hilarious OG Sega-loving Brits
-Shoryuken.com: fighting games, of course. Though I hate their blog layout.
-RPGFan, RPGamer: still good just for RPG's, and RPGFan does a great job with soundtracks, too

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 9 Sep 10:38]

badoor
81th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Okamiden" , posted Wed 9 Sep 10:43post reply

quote:

It seems to me that the DS is the perfect system for this game(or for the original, for that matter), given the nature of the control.

Plus, the paintbrush-celshaded art matches very well with the size and display of the DS, or so it would seem.

It can also mean that the DS is the only possible system for a new Okami (for now at least) given how cheap the budget for DS games are and how popular the system is. Maybe if it sells Capcom could expand the series to consoles or PSP. Still Okamiden is looking great (without the "for a DS game" moniker) as is well suited for the DS.
quote:

I really liked NGBC. It's funny how it is basically what KOF used to be all about x 10 (The Loading time sucks though).

I think it did suffer from being released 4 months before KOF XI which is ironic considering that SNK put a lot more sprite-work on NGBC than KOF XI.
I also seem to remember hearing that SNK wants to continue the UM series alongside high-rez KOF. People were speculating if there would be a KOFXIUM or NGBCUM next. The problem is that the UM series is 90% based on copy&paste so I'm not sure that adding more KOF characters on NGBCUM is enough for me.

kofoguz
752th Post

"Re(4):Okamiden" , posted Wed 9 Sep 11:06post reply

quote:

It can also mean that the DS is the only possible system for a new Okami (for now at least) given how cheap the budget for DS games are and how popular the system is. Maybe if it sells Capcom could expand the series to consoles or PSP. Still Okamiden is looking great (without the "for a DS game" moniker) as is well suited for the DS.

Well, in future HD version of game/sequel with brush controller would be neat. I think it's quite possible.

quote:
I really liked NGBC. It's funny how it is basically what KOF used to be all about x 10 (The Loading time sucks though).

I think it did suffer from being released 4 months before KOF XI which is ironic considering that SNK put a lot more sprite-work on NGBC than KOF XI.
I also seem to remember hearing that SNK wants to continue the UM series alongside high-rez KOF. People were speculating if there would be a KOFXIUM or NGBCUM next. The problem is that the UM series is 90% based on copy&paste so I'm not sure that adding more KOF characters on NGBCUM is enough for me.

I think "series" could use a little more gold digging from the Neo-Geo games. Characters like Kisarah, Cyber Woo is good examples. If they do care for this series they might have a Smash broS of NeoGeo games.
quote:
KOFXIUM or NGBCUM

LOL both sounds naughty.

Thanks Maou for the sites. I'll be checking them.

Loona
265th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):Okamiden" , posted Wed 9 Sep 17:54post reply

Orochinagi.com is still around too, Gunsmith's still at it, bless him.

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

whitesword
1649th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Rise from your grave, Random thread" , posted Thu 10 Sep 01:24post reply

Tekkaman Blade joins the cast of Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Maou
1787th Post

"GIA rises again?" , posted Thu 10 Sep 07:49post reply

quote:

Actually, speaking of the much-beloved Gaming Intelligence Agency of yesteryear, here is a nice "revival" showing a better future that could have been...

nobinobita
601th Post

"Re(1):GIA rises again?" , posted Thu 10 Sep 08:35:post reply

quote:

Also why there isnt anymore gamin devouted sites anymore. All there is left is their forums. S-C.com, MMcafe, Insert Credit, Neo-Geo.Com (although its natural), Cyberfanatix is also slow nowadays, R.I.P. Kof online, etc... Actually, speaking of the much-beloved Gaming Intelligence Agency of yesteryear, here is a nice "revival" showing a better future that could have been...

Awwww... I miss the pre "web 2.0" web, when websites were hand coded and people weren't afraid to be unabashed fans.

All this talk of theGIA and RPGamer (and hey, anyone remember Gameforms?) makes me feel like an old fogey.

Also...

http://thegia.com/2009/09/08/vagrant-story-2-available-on-psn/

Vagrant Story 2??? What kinda game are they playing??

***oh wait... ok...

I get jokes.

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Thu 10 Sep 08:37]

hikarutilmitt
508th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):GIA rises again?" , posted Thu 10 Sep 08:37post reply

quote:

Also why there isnt anymore gamin devouted sites anymore. All there is left is their forums. S-C.com, MMcafe, Insert Credit, Neo-Geo.Com (although its natural), Cyberfanatix is also slow nowadays, R.I.P. Kof online, etc... Actually, speaking of the much-beloved Gaming Intelligence Agency of yesteryear, here is a nice "revival" showing a better future that could have been...

Awwww... I miss the pre "web 2.0" web, when websites were hand coded and people weren't afraid to be unabashed fans.

All this talk of theGIA and RPGamer (and hey, anyone remember Gameforms?) makes me feel like an old fogey.

Also...

Wishful thinking. They're also bastards for doing so since Megaman Legends 4 would be a great thing to have.

nobinobita
601th Post

"Re(3):GIA rises again?" , posted Thu 10 Sep 08:41post reply

quote:

Also...

Wishful thinking. They're also bastards for doing so since Megaman Legends 4 would be a great thing to have.

I just had my hopes dashed on the rocks like a sailor answering the Sirens' call.

Maou
1789th Post

"Re(4):GIA rises again?" , posted Thu 10 Sep 10:21:post reply

quote:

I just had my hopes dashed on the rocks like a sailor answering the Sirens' call.

Just in time for the dear departed Dreamcast's American tenth anniversary, no less! 9.9.99-9.9.9, indeed. Fun to imagine a better future where Dreamcast was adored as the groundbreaking triumph it was with games that were no less important. Break out your old 'cinnabon' today!

[this message was edited by Maou on Thu 10 Sep 10:24]

nobinobita
602th Post

"Re(5):GIA rises again?" , posted Thu 10 Sep 10:33post reply

quote:

Just in time for the dear departed Dreamcast's American tenth anniversary, no less! 9.9.99-9.9.9, indeed. Fun to imagine a better future where Dreamcast was adored as the groundbreaking triumph it was with games that were no less important. Break out your old 'cinnabon' today!

Your words have truly lifted my spirits.

Time to go home and play Project Justice!

KTallguy
1146th Post

"Re(6):GIA rises again?" , posted Thu 10 Sep 10:47post reply

That GIA page breaks my heart. I loved GIA to death. Best page ever.

Maou
1789th Post

"Re(6):GIA rises again?" , posted Thu 10 Sep 11:03post reply

quote:

That's the spirit! Kazama Daigo, 男の中の男, the Man of Men, says: いい目だ! That's the spirit! I'll show you the man's way!

karasu99
207th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):GIA rises again?" , posted Thu 10 Sep 11:19post reply

quote:

It's bittersweet though. The very best of its generation, as far as I'm concerned. And it was cut off before its time.

I'm raising a glass as I type this. And popping in Jet Set Radio!

Iron D
3275th Post

"Re(7):GIA rises again?" , posted Thu 10 Sep 17:30post reply

quote:

It's bittersweet though. The very best of its generation, as far as I'm concerned. And it was cut off before its time.

I'm raising a glass as I type this. And popping in Jet Set Radio!

I still regularly play my DC to this day. Mostly the fighting games (man, that was a freakin' FANTASTIC console for fighters!) but also the occasional game of JSR, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and I STILL need to actually play through Skies of Arcadia. I've owned the damn game for over five years now and have yet to even start it for some reason.

Er.....

kofoguz
754th Post

"Re(2):GIA rises again?" , posted Fri 11 Sep 09:23post reply

quote:

Also why there isnt anymore gamin devouted sites anymore. All there is left is their forums. S-C.com, MMcafe, Insert Credit, Neo-Geo.Com (although its natural), Cyberfanatix is also slow nowadays, R.I.P. Kof online, etc... Actually, speaking of the much-beloved Gaming Intelligence Agency of yesteryear, here is a nice "revival" showing a better future that could have been... Both Gia links are broken for me...

Also...

***oh wait... ok...

I get jokes.
Both Gia links are broken for me...

badoor
82th Post

Occasional Customer

"Transform into another Castlevania thread!!" , posted Mon 14 Sep 09:53post reply

Let's talk about Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth coming to WiiWare

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176010

I wonder why it's called like that. I'm guessing that IGA, who apparently was involved with Contra ReBirth, opted to remake "The Adventure" so that he wouldn't need to bother making a completely new story and characters or figure out where it takes place in the time line. Hopefully more info could come out soon from TGS.

Maou
1792th Post

"Re(1):Transform into another Castlevania thre" , posted Mon 14 Sep 12:16post reply

quote:
Let's talk about Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth coming to WiiWare

Did you say Dracula? I am here to help.

Wa, wait? Dracula Densetu I?? That is a...daring choice.

I never played any of the Game Boy ones, but I'm streetwise enough to know that you shouldn't get anywhere near that game. The sequel, however, seems to have redeemed the sins of the father, I hear.

Maese
518th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Transform into another Castlevania thre" , posted Mon 14 Sep 20:21:post reply

While is nice to see how old traditions are kept alive in this cozy Cafe of ours, I don't think we can actually come up with anything new to say about Castlevania for a while...

Anyway, it's been like 10 threads without any Castlevania reference lately, so I guess it couldn't be helped!

[this message was edited by Maese on Mon 14 Sep 20:30]

HAYATO
927th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Save us from another Castlevania thread!!!!" , posted Tue 15 Sep 06:23post reply

quote:
While is nice to see how old traditions are kept alive in this cozy Cafe of ours, I don't think we can actually come up with anything new to say about Castlevania for a while...

Anyway, it's been like 10 threads without any Castlevania reference lately, so I guess it couldn't be helped!

Only you can save us from another Castlevania thread!!! Now that you got your brand, new 1kyu, that's the perfect time to put your otherworldy powers to good use.

Honestly, I was going to ask pre-crisis Superman for help but, now that you arrived, that seems pretty pointless...

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
CONGRATULATIONS WORTHY BROTHER!!!

...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(

BRO FIST

PUT YOUR FIST ON THE SCREEN TO BRO FIST ME THROUGH THE INTERNET!!!

End of Spoiler

KTallguy
1149th Post

"Re(2):Transform into another Castlevania thre" , posted Tue 15 Sep 08:56post reply

quote:
Wa, wait? Dracula Densetu I?? That is a...daring choice.

THIS my friends, is the only Castlevania game I grew up on.

Should I be sad/feel robbed/miss my childhood/throw up? In which order?

sfried
407th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Save us from another Castlevania thread" , posted Tue 15 Sep 17:36:post reply

quote:
BROFIST
Oh God...the 4chan has spread...

I hope this does not into another Metroidvania. We already have a ton of those. And I wouldn't mind a downloadable linear-style Castlevania the sameway we wouldn't mind a downloadable classic Contra game.

More wall meat, please.

[this message was edited by sfried on Tue 15 Sep 17:36]

HAYATO
928th Post

"Re(2):Save us from another Castlevania thread" , posted Wed 16 Sep 01:01post reply

quote:
BROFISTOh God...the 4chan has spread...

I hope this does not into another Metroidvania. We already have a ton of those. And I wouldn't mind a downloadable linear-style Castlevania the sameway we wouldn't mind a downloadable classic Contra game.

More wall meat, please.

Please, step away from the meat...

sfried
407th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Save us from another Castlevania thread" , posted Wed 16 Sep 02:57post reply

quote:

Somehow, the video doesn't work for me. (Youtube and its fucking geofiltering)

HAYATO
929th Post

"Re(4):Save us from another Castlevania thread" , posted Wed 16 Sep 06:52post reply

quote:

Oh, you don't miss much... just a little excerpt from Riuhei Kitamura's "Midnight Meat Train" I selected for your viewing pleasure...

nobinobita
605th Post

"Re(5):Save us from another Castlevania thread" , posted Wed 16 Sep 08:47post reply

quote:

Oh, you don't miss much... just a little excerpt from Riuhei Kitamura's "Midnight Meat Train" I selected for your viewing pleasure...

I heard that Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (Pride and UFC veteran) was in that movie.

sfried
408th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):oh god oh god NEW SHANTAE!!!" , posted Wed 16 Sep 13:27post reply

I'm freaking out right now. I've waited so long for a sequel that never came out.

HAYATO
930th Post

"Re(6):Save us from another Castlevania thread" , posted Wed 16 Sep 15:16post reply

quote:

I heard that Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (Pride and UFC veteran) was in that movie.

True, just watch the clip. It covers his appearance in the film entirely.

Ishmael
3566th Post

"Re(7):Save us from another Castlevania thread" , posted Thu 17 Sep 01:41post reply

In SNK news, it seems that KoF Skystage is going to get an arcade release.

The 360 version of snuff simulator SS Sen is supposed to be out sooner or later so an entirely new audience can shun the game.

Count Hihihi
183th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Save us from another Castlevania thread" , posted Thu 17 Sep 01:55post reply

quote:
In Playmore news...

Fixed.

nobinobita
607th Post

"Re(7):Save us from another Castlevania thread" , posted Thu 17 Sep 02:35post reply

quote:

Can't watch it "clip doesn't work in your country."

Is the movie worth watching? Does he power bomb anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwpWTHDox4Y

HAYATO
933th Post

"Re(8):Save us from another Castlevania thread" , posted Thu 17 Sep 06:35post reply

quote:

Can't watch it "clip doesn't work in your country."

Is the movie worth watching? Does he power bomb anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwpWTHDox4Y

Nope, sorry. He mocks the bad guy on the film and then dies gruesomely.

And about the film's worth... A must see for all those Clive Barker and gore fans out there. To the average guy I think ishould be fairly entertaining and quite thrilling if one manages to achieve suspension of belief (read this after watching it if you didn't).