The Shield - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1675 Views )

ONSLAUGHT
3800th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"The Shield" , posted Sat 9 May 13:02post reply

So, did anyone in here watched this wonderful show? I just finished watching the last season, and damn, it's the best show I've ever seen.

Any thoughts? please use spoiler tags for those that haven't seen it yet.

Replies:

makatiel
226th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):The Shield" , posted Sun 10 May 10:32post reply

quote:
So, did anyone in here watched this wonderful show? I just finished watching the last season, and damn, it's the best show I've ever seen.

I 100% agree. It's pretty much the best show ever. Every episode is great. Every season is great. It never feels like it is dragging. And Chiklis is just amazing.

Awesome series in every way.

Hagen de Merak
1011th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):The Shield" , posted Mon 11 May 03:31post reply

quote:

And Chiklis is just amazing.

Awesome series in every way.

Aka The Thing!

Juan
4511th Post

"Re(1):The Shield" , posted Wed 13 May 03:15post reply

quote:

I have only seen a few episodes, but what I saw was really good.

I do have a friend that refused to watch on tv because he wanted to wait for the dvds so he could watch it all in one sitting. He did that with 24 too.

ONSLAUGHT
3801th Post

"Re(2):The Shield" , posted Sat 16 May 12:42post reply

I can't believe this thread doesn't have like a 100 replies by now. I guess only a few people in here like this show...

Give it a try MMCafe people! Sure, it doesn't have lolis or japanese faggotry, but it's very engaging and keeps you always on the edge of your seat.

So, anybody else has seen this? IronD perhaps?

nobinobita
527th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):The Shield" , posted Sat 16 May 15:52post reply

I can't seem to get into TV dramas. Would you still recommend The Shield to someone who likes crime/cop/murder mystery movies, but can't get into crime/cop/murder/medical shows?

ONSLAUGHT
3802th Post

"Re(4):The Shield" , posted Sat 16 May 16:08post reply

quote:
I can't seem to get into TV dramas. Would you still recommend The Shield to someone who likes crime/cop/murder mystery movies, but can't get into crime/cop/murder/medical shows?

I'm not into tv dramas either, but The Shield caught my attention since the very first chapter, and after that, I just couldn't stop watching it.
It's not the typical cop drama where the cops are saints and the bad guys are evil, most of the time it had me rooting for the bad guys even when I knew they were doing bad things, it had me justifying them for their actions even when they were doing really awful things.
Watch the first episode if you can, I think that would be enough for you to decide if the show is good or not (but I bet you will like it).

Tai-Pan
359th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):The Shield" , posted Sun 17 May 01:15post reply

quote:
I can't believe this thread doesn't have like a 100 replies by now. I guess only a few people in here like this show...

Give it a try MMCafe people! Sure, it doesn't have lolis or japanese faggotry, but it's very engaging and keeps you always on the edge of your seat.

So, anybody else has seen this? IronD perhaps?

Sorry I haven't had time. Well The Shield is the ONLY modern TV show that I not only enjoy but also love. It's just GOOD.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Maese Spt
483th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):The Shield" , posted Sun 17 May 10:57post reply

quote:

3d pig disgusting.

... yeah, sorry, I just couldn't resist!

Hagen de Merak
1012th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):The Shield" , posted Tue 19 May 22:13post reply

quote:

or japanese faggotry

speaking of that

nobinobita
529th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):The Shield" , posted Wed 20 May 01:14post reply

quote:

or japanese faggotry

speaking of that

Man I'm so tired off all these Japanese games with their androgynous emo pretty boy heroes with pretty hair.

When are they going to make a game for men with real brawn! Burly, Muscley men with facial hair! Something any self respecting hetero male would love to sink his teeth into! Mmmmm!

ONSLAUGHT
3870th Post

"IronD!" , posted Sat 10 Oct 08:34post reply

So, what's your opinion on this?

Iron D
3311th Post

"Re(1):IronD!" , posted Sat 10 Oct 11:03post reply

quote:
So, what's your opinion on this?

Er...I haven't seen it. Any of it. Only a couple of commercials.

The commercials made it look like another crime drama show, and I just can't stand those. However, my interest was piqued when, for some reason or other, I was reading a review on the last episode of the series. Jebus Crisp, the guy was just exploding over how good the entire series was.

Seeing the continued praise has convinced me to try and get my roommate to add it to his Netflix queue. It'll probably be a while before I see it though.

Er.....

ONSLAUGHT
3871th Post

"Re(2):IronD!" , posted Sat 10 Oct 14:19post reply

quote:

The commercials made it look like another crime drama show, and I just can't stand those. However, my interest was piqued when, for some reason or other, I was reading a review on the last episode of the series. Jebus Crisp, the guy was just exploding over how good the entire series was.

Seeing the continued praise has convinced me to try and get my roommate to add it to his Netflix queue. It'll probably be a while before I see it though.

I hope that review didn't have any spoilers.
Care to show it to me? I want to read as well.

Iron D
3312th Post

"Re(3):IronD!" , posted Sat 10 Oct 18:19post reply

quote:

I hope that review didn't have any spoilers.
Care to show it to me? I want to read as well.

I don't remember if it was this or this, but both are indeed SPOILER-RIFIC.

Not to worry though...I read it when the series originally ended (again, the hype had grabbed my curiosity). By now I've totally forgotten what the review said to the point that I'm sure I could still see the show without it being spoiled.

Er.....