Free Chicken from Oprah - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1330 Views )

nobinobita
520th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"Free Chicken from Oprah" , posted Thu 7 May 01:15post reply

For whatever reason, Oprah is offering free Kentucky Grilled Chicken to her fans:

http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20090430-tows-kfc-coupon-download

Coupon is good for today only. You need to install a program that will generate a unique barcode for your coupon. It's probably more trouble than it's worth, but I'll be damned if I pass up free chicken!

Replies:

Ishmael
3475th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Free Chicken from Oprah" , posted Thu 7 May 01:46post reply

What's the point of KFC food that isn't completely terrible for you? I hope the chicken is still served in a bucket similar to the type used for slopping pigs. Not enough dinners come served in a bucket.

karasu99
132th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Free Chicken from Oprah" , posted Thu 7 May 02:21post reply

quote:
For whatever reason

I'm guessing cross-marketing, but that's just my sarcasm I suppose. I'll decline to comment further on the product itself.

Maou
1646th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Free Chicken from Oprah" , posted Thu 7 May 08:45post reply

quote:
What's the point of KFC food that isn't completely terrible for you? I hope the chicken is still served in a bucket similar to the type used for slopping pigs. Not enough dinners come served in a bucket.

More importantly, this reminds me that since the Cafe isn't updated anymore, people might not know important facts like how the Samurai-Colonel was recently dredged up from the river after having been tossed in by drunken sports fans and presumed "missing."

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

nobinobita
522th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Free Chicken from Oprah" , posted Thu 7 May 09:03post reply

quote:

More importantly, this reminds me that since the Cafe isn't updated anymore, people might not know important facts like how the Samurai-Colonel was recently dredged up from the river after having been tossed in by drunken sports fans and presumed "missing."

Awesome.

Now that the curse is broken, the Tigers are sure to win another championship!