Game Developer's Conference 09 in Vancouver - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (975 Views )

Spoon
1757th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Game Developer's Conference 09 in Vancouver" , posted Wed 6 May 07:06post reply

I don't expect anybody outside of BC locals to have much interest in attending this event, since it's so much smaller than the others that are like it and yet still awfully expensive.

But still I have to ask, is anybody attending, either out of personal interest or as an industry member?

I'm going to be attending at least one of the days.

Replies:

karasu99
131th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Game Developer's Conference 09 in Vanco" , posted Thu 7 May 00:27post reply

quote:
I don't expect anybody outside of BC locals to have much interest in attending this event, since it's so much smaller than the others that are like it and yet still awfully expensive.

But still I have to ask, is anybody attending, either out of personal interest or as an industry member?

I'm going to be attending at least one of the days.

I considered going, since I'm only a few hours away, but after seeing the price I think it's unlikely that I'll even be able to get my boss to spring for it.

It's unfortunate that these things are so prohibitively expensive-- if it was half that price I would probably even spring for it myself. I guess it's not that expensive for most of their target audience (larger development companies).