Replies:

Ikari Loona
244th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):KOF XII Germinal Thread" , posted Fri 3 Apr 19:04post reply

quote:
KOFXII tournament at Evo

Interesting to see them mention an SNK game for once (CvS2 doesn't quite count) - but this doesn't seem to be quite the same as the Summer Evo tournament.

Then again, maybe if it's successful enough...

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

exodus
4170th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):KOF XII Germinal Thread" , posted Sat 4 Apr 12:35post reply

quote:

Interesting to see them mention an SNK game for once (CvS2 doesn't quite count) - but this doesn't seem to be quite the same as the Summer Evo tournament.

Then again, maybe if it's successful enough...

I suspect it is a direct Ignition USA sponsorship? I mean how else could you have a tournament with a game most people haven't gotten to play yet?

Cain Highwind
796th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"K' and Mai Stealth Confirmation" , posted Fri 10 Apr 18:04post reply

They've updated their official KoF series site which features new Ogura artwork for K' and Mai.
http://kofaniv.snkplaymore.co.jp/top_j.html

And in case SNK notices their folly
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3121/kofxiikandmai.png

Speaking of the KoF site. They've updated the Japanese version to include KoF XII and artwork from XII, 98UM, and 2002 UM. They also have updated Seiyuu lists for XII. Ralf, Kim, Chin, and Ryo (!?) all have new voice actors for XII. Everyone else is their good old original voices.

NARUTO
3700th Post

"Re(1):K' and Mai Stealth Confirmation" , posted Fri 10 Apr 19:48post reply

quote:
They've updated their official KoF series site which features new Ogura artwork for K' and Mai.

Speaking of the KoF site. They've updated the Japanese version to include KoF XII and artwork from XII, 98UM, and 2002 UM. They also have updated Seiyuu lists for XII. Ralf, Kim, Chin, and Ryo (!?) all have new voice actors for XII. Everyone else is their good old original voices.

Hey Cain long time no see... Thanks for the links.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Professor
2539th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):K' and Mai Stealth Confirmation" , posted Fri 10 Apr 22:00:post reply

quote:

Coolios, this is sweet.
Here's a better view of them

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 10 Apr 22:01]

Ishmael
3451th Post

"Re(2):K' and Mai Stealth Confirmation" , posted Sat 11 Apr 01:26post reply

Well now! Tossing out a couple of images without comment is a far more interesting way of teasing about the inclusion of more characters instead of going with the silhouette portrait shot yet again.

Ishmael
3453th Post

"Re(3):K' and Mai Stealth Confirmation" , posted Mon 13 Apr 04:40post reply

Just curious, but has Iori always had a bit of flickering flame left in his attacks?

Burning Ranger
1602th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Final Boss" , posted Mon 13 Apr 04:54post reply

Just curious: do we know who the final boss of XII is?

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

Iggy
8872th Post

"Re(1):Final Boss" , posted Mon 13 Apr 08:24post reply

quote:

None. No ending either, just a staff roll.

Nekros
175th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):K' and Mai Stealth Confirmation" , posted Mon 13 Apr 19:31post reply

quote:
Just curious, but has Iori always had a bit of flickering flame left in his attacks?

Nope, is just some cool graphic effect to evidence the move, in a same way to Freemans bloody nails. Plus, it isn't purple, Iori's flames are clearly purple, like the satsui no hadou, or the Yin chi of kuei-jin.

NARUTO
3701th Post

"Re(2):Final Boss" , posted Thu 16 Apr 18:58post reply

quote:

None. No ending either, just a staff roll.

But if you wish here a fake Geese pic...^_^

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8769/1239542960983.jpg

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Evenor
685th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Final Boss" , posted Fri 17 Apr 00:28post reply

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xii/english/

Both official sites have been updated with combo videos of Kyo , Benimaru, and Daimon (last week it was Ash, Duo Lon, and Shen Woo).

This game is so pretty!

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Hagen de Merak
1009th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(4):Final Boss" , posted Fri 17 Apr 09:13post reply

quote:

This game is so pretty!

Wow the animation is superb. Lets hope the gameplay is decent. Can't wait to try it out.

Evenor
686th Post

"Re(5):Final Boss" , posted Fri 24 Apr 01:53post reply

This week's update : Terry, Joe, and Andy combos videos!

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

ktallguy
1093th Post

"Re(6):Final Boss" , posted Fri 24 Apr 16:13post reply

quote:

Game looks amazing now that it's all cleaned up.

Play to win.

karasu99
119th Post

Regular Customer

"Re:Fake-out" , posted Sat 25 Apr 02:21post reply

quote:

Game looks amazing now that it's all cleaned up.

You all kept faking me out with the "Final Boss" subject. And here I was thinking they had been revealed. I'd be shocked if it wasn't Rugal/Omega Rugal, especially since this isn't a canon episode.

Mosquiton
1734th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Re:Fake-out" , posted Wed 29 Apr 03:35post reply

quote:

You all kept faking me out with the "Final Boss" subject. And here I was thinking they had been revealed. I'd be shocked if it wasn't Rugal/Omega Rugal, especially since this isn't a canon episode.

I wonder if the console version won't have an actual boss. Whether they add a boss or not, it would be grossly irreverent if they don't give fans one character they weren't expecting at all. If they can't at least do that, I will lose all hope, cry tears of hatred, and demand that those responsible be incarcerated to await their executions.

Or something. I'm pretty sure there will be a couple of surprises.

/ / /

Zepy
1539th Post

"Re(2):Re:Fake-out" , posted Wed 29 Apr 17:46post reply

I tried kof12 now and I'm not sure I know how to enjoy this game yet. The movements and attacks just feel so sluggy and awkward. I'm thinking it's just because I haven't really grasped how the game is supposed to be played yet, but...

Evenor
687th Post

"Re(3):Re:Fake-out" , posted Sat 2 May 01:28post reply

Here is a pretty good match from Arcade Infinity ( HD option available!).

Leady...go!

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Gojira
2519th Post

"Fans choose the box art" , posted Thu 7 May 08:38post reply

Ignition is having a vote on their forums to decide which recycled art to plaster on the cover of the console KoFXII.

PS3 version vote
360 version vote

Your choices are: Iori, or Kyo.

Gleeee~

shipoopi

Zepy
1541th Post

"Re(1):Fans choose the box art" , posted Thu 7 May 14:44post reply

quote:
Ignition is having a vote on their forums to decide which recycled art to plaster on the cover of the console KoFXII.

PS3 version vote
360 version vote

Gleeee~

Man, why do they have to do these box art designs that look like some fan just took pictures from the internet and put them together in photoshop together with a few photoshop effects.

Pollyanna
2667th Post

"Re(2):Fans choose the box art" , posted Thu 7 May 16:50post reply

quote:

PS3 version vote
360 version vote

Gleeee~

Man, why do they have to do these box art designs that look like some fan just took pictures from the internet and put them together in photoshop together with a few photoshop effects.

Because in America (maybe elsewhere?), you make things based on certain principles of graphic design. That's why so many covers over here have a homogenized look...they're following a checklist.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

ktallguy
1102th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):Fans choose the box art" , posted Thu 7 May 17:13post reply

It's "marketing".

PUT A GUN ON THE FRONT
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE
OH, THE GUN HAS TO BE FACING THE ENEMY

Play to win.

kofoguz
701th Post

"Re(4):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Thu 7 May 19:45post reply

Yep, you never saw her coming, did you?

So can we expect 94&95 style roster? I wont be too surpised if I saw USA Sports Team.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Toxico
4732th Post

"Re(5):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Thu 7 May 19:59:post reply

quote:

So can we expect 94&95 style roster? I wont be too surpised if I saw USA Sports Team.

Woh... To sum it up in one word....

U · n · e · x · p · e · c · t · e · d

Eliza was one strong possibility, but... Dream match class character? With new a costume? That's surprising... Kinda make me wish that they'll took 2 years or so with the home port and they would add 10 or more really surprising characters

BTW, Betty's presence makes me feel that they had more than 20 characters for the arcade game, but didn't released the game with the total number.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 06/03/09 (99 personajes) <- se agregó a Nameless

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 7 May 20:03]

Iggy
8889th Post

"Re(6):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Thu 7 May 20:10:post reply

I am speechless.
This is so... So... ! And thank god they didn't forced Shermie or Vice in a game that hate grabbers.

Ah, yeah, I see one bad point : I don't like the fact she looks more like Saya from the PS1 Poly Samu or Kasuga from Basara than her old self. I liked the dress.
But I think the new costume will fit Vice perfectly.

But what about K' and Mai? Were they false expectations? Or maybe the "22 characters (+2 secrets) actually meant that K' and Mai are the "secret characters" ?
I'm confused. And happy.
But confused.

(I'm startled that they'd rather resurrect a dead character than use a NESTs one. Is Mature more popular than Kula or Whip? Was the NESTS ark all a dream?)

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 7 May 20:25]

Toxico
4733th Post

"Re(7):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Thu 7 May 21:17:post reply

quote:
(I'm startled that they'd rather resurrect a dead character than use a NESTs one. Is Mature more popular than Kula or Whip? Was the NESTS ark all a dream?)

You damn, dirty (but sexy(?)) dog; do you happen to remember translating articles where the staff & Dr Geo said that XII was aiming for old school fans of the saga (the feeling of the original game, or something in those lines), and 02UM was meant for fans of 'new wave' games?

No le aplicas al dodgeball

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 7 May 21:21]

Just a Person
1299th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(7):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Thu 7 May 21:35post reply

quote:
I am speechless.
This is so... So... ! And thank god they didn't forced Shermie or Vice in a game that hate grabbers.

Well, if SNKP is following the tradition, we can't have a KoF with only one Orochi secretary (Capcom Vs. SNK can, but KoF can't), so unless they're willing to break the tradition, Vice has very high chances of being in the game as well...

But Mature's addition is quite surprising. I thought even though KoF XII isn't canon, that SNKP was developing only characters that would appear later in the end of the "Ash saga". Unless Mature (and hopefully Vice) never really died (KoF'96 showed them being fatally wounded but never showed them actually dead, right?).

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Ishmael
3476th Post

"Re(8):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Thu 7 May 22:03post reply

Now this is a surprise! Will Elizabeth play like a complete character this time? Is Mature going to be Iori with pasted-on breasts? The home port of XII looks like it's going to be interesting to watch.

Iggy
8889th Post

"Re(8):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Thu 7 May 22:12post reply

There's a "(?)" I don't like, there.

quote:
do you happen to remember

No.
quote:
... translating articles where the staff & Dr Geo said that XII was aiming for old school fans of the saga

Ah... yeah, that rings a bell. But still, Mature won't be re-usable in any scenario game, unless they decide Ash revived the whole Orochi gang somehow. Why no Mary, or Janet, or King, for example?
Basically I'm really worried by the new outfit.

quote:
No le aplicas al dodgeball

I tried to use this to get closer to my (very edible) Spanish co-worker, asking what that meant, with one of these charming and clueless glances I hold the secret of.
He just answered "you're talking to weird people".
Toxico, I will hold you personally responsible if I don't find my way into his pants.

(Also, for a reason, we were talking about South America, I was saying Chile looks appealing, but he answered Argentina and Bolivia were much better. I think I'll stop with that Spanish nonsense and come back to my main choice between Mongolia, Sweden or Turkey.)

Count Hihihi
174th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Thu 7 May 22:32post reply

quote:

Coming huh? Her? Looks like it was a he. Because it sure looks like someone popped a load on that scan. WTF.

Also, they can add as many characters as they want for all I care. Just keep it balanced for once.

Kotaku Ono and the Fanboy spirit.

karasu99
134th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Fri 8 May 00:07post reply

quote:

Well... yeah, this is totally unexpected. But I will second the surprise at the complete absence of any announced NESTs era characters. Granted, 02UM may be for fans of that era, but surely people like Ash don't appeal especially much to so-called old school fans.

I am even more shocked at the incredibly poor quality of that scan!

Toxico
4734th Post

"Re(9):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Fri 8 May 00:42:post reply

quote:

Ah... yeah, that rings a bell. But still, Mature won't be re-usable in any scenario game, unless they decide Ash revived the whole Orochi gang somehow. Why no Mary, or Janet, or King, for example?

A most likely chance is that they will add a new character who is a head swap of Mature (and it won't be Vice!).

Also, it's fun that you are all judging how nice or ugly is Mature new outfit only based on blurry pics of her pants.

quote:

(Also, for a reason, we were talking about South America, I was saying Chile looks appealing, but he answered Argentina and Bolivia were much better. I think I'll stop with that Spanish nonsense and come back to my main choice between Mongolia, Sweden or Turkey.)

There are some... incredible tourist spots here and there. Laguna san rafael, Isla negra, el desierto florido de atacama, some very cool lakes; some neat observatories (we are the country that invented ozone layer hole after all), and many others... but to see all the good things, you really need to travel through across the whole country. And traveling from Chile to Chile is way more bothersome than going from Chile to other countries. And perhaps is most bothersome than completely traveling across other big countries like Canada.

quote:

I tried to use this to get closer to my (very edible) Spanish co-worker, asking what that meant, with one of these charming and clueless glances I hold the secret of.
He just answered "you're talking to weird people".
Toxico, I will hold you personally responsible if I don't find my way into his pants.

Shouldn't you rejoice? Aren't you eccentric and interesting now to his eyes? I suggest trying to get eating instead of eating him, then again; I don't trust you'll known the most important rules of the jungle game, sir. Do your best , monsieur

Son las 4 y pico, gilipollas.

quote:

Also, they can add as many characters as they want for all I care. Just keep it balanced for once.

Oh, and they say I'm the funny villain of the board.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 8 May 00:53]

kofoguz
702th Post

"Re(9):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Fri 8 May 01:16post reply

quote:

Come to Turkiye, my eyes needs/starves for a french sexiness.
Seriously this country is like a little heaven for tourists, its not expensive, it has beautiful beaches and much more to see, full of historical places.
If you're and sands, sun, sea person I strongly recommend south shores of Akdeniz and Ege.

Come here sir it will be unforgettable. If we have a chance to meet it will be more unforgettable for me too.

About Mature I'm really really glad cause this raise my hopes for this console vers. and the next title. Snk full of surprises.

quote:
Coming huh? Her? Looks like it was a he. Because it sure looks like someone popped a load on that scan. WTF.

Well I did that joke in other two sites and just hinted it here.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Maou
1650th Post

"Re(10):Istanbul confirmed" , posted Fri 8 May 02:18:post reply

quote:

Come to Turkiye, my eyes needs/starves for a french sexiness.
Seriously this country is like a little heaven for tourists, its not expensive, it has beautiful beaches and much more to see, full of historical places.

In my continuing accidental quest this week to derail threads, I'll mention that Istanbul is a fantastic city. Tasty food, good people, etc. Incorporating a huge body of water into your city layout is always wonderful, but unlike in Paris where it's small, London & New York where it's toxic, and Tokyo where it's got terraformed beaches out of rubbish, the Bosphorus is really nice water.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Fri 8 May 02:19]

Gojira
2520th Post

"Re(10):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Fri 8 May 02:23post reply

Goddamn it, I saw the pants, and thought it was Vanessa for a moment. That got my hopes up for nothing.

shipoopi

Iggy
8890th Post

"Re(10):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Fri 8 May 02:40post reply

quote:
Also, it's fun that you are all judging how nice or ugly is Mature new outfit only based on blurry pics of her pants.

I didn't say it was ugly! I'm just worried. After all, the general aesthetics of the game is great, so I should be confident. I mean, it's not SF4.

quote:
Shouldn't you rejoice? Aren't you eccentric and interesting now to his eyes?

I don't need YOU to appear eccentric to anyone's eyes!

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
I feel uneasy when no one has called me a freak for more than a few days. I'm currently at war with all the English people of the office to make them pay for 1415.

quote:
I suggest trying to get eating instead of eating him, then again; I don't trust you'll known the most important rules of the jungle game, sir. Do your best , monsieur

The food you're suggesting seems a lot less healthy than the one I'm lusting after. I'm still a XXth century person, I'm not into cyberphilia.

quote:
Son las 4 y pico, gilipollas.
Stop speaking Spanish when I can't use it to get my hand in inappropriate places! You useless monkey!

And I really need to start planning my holidays, or everything will be settled by a coin flip at the last moment.

kofoguz
703th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Fri 8 May 03:30post reply

Iggy you hurt my feelings, didnt you read my post?

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Iggy
8891th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Fri 8 May 03:42post reply

quote:

Yeah, but I already told you that I needed to ask you things on the Turkish language, and I think you gave me your email then, but I can't find it and I didn't want to seem rude by admitting my fault and ask it again.

kofoguz
704th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Fri 8 May 05:12post reply

quote:

Yeah, but I already told you that I needed to ask you things on the Turkish language, and I think you gave me your email then, but I can't find it and I didn't want to seem rude by admitting my fault and ask it again.

its Kofoguz@gmail.com

But now I feel ashamed, cause I feel like forcing you.

About Mature's roughly seeing sprite. I think its good to see older but beautiful women in the game. Yeah there's lovely Foxy and Diana but, Mature looks very simple, but Hot.
Take that Lolis.

You know what I'm really interested in the Gallery Mode of this game.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Red Falcon
6072th Post

"Re(9):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Fri 8 May 13:11post reply

quote:

I'm not sure (as I'll need to pop it in and play it) but I don't think that's even a new outfit for Mature, I think it's what she is wearing when she is strictly Rugal's secretary in '94. I'm not quite sure where I put it, but I have an old SNK mook that has some character design sketches for '94, and I do believe her outfit closely resembled that (I.E., it was a pants suit.)

Best site EVER:Link Here

Evenor
689th Post

"Re(10):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Fri 8 May 14:25:post reply

Mature has an eye patch!

Edit: KOFXII Consumer site (check out Mature's DM skull!)

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

[this message was edited by Evenor on Fri 8 May 14:39]

Amakusa
797th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Fri 8 May 14:40:post reply

quote:
Mature has an eye patch!

I guess this means she's not really dead after all.

Just as well, I could look forward to using her again.

EDIT: Can't shake that you could headswap her for Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

[this message was edited by Amakusa on Fri 8 May 14:42]

Toxico
4734th Post

"Re(10):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Fri 8 May 22:13post reply

quote:

I'm not sure (as I'll need to pop it in and play it) but I don't think that's even a new outfit for Mature, I think it's what she is wearing when she is strictly Rugal's secretary in '94.

You don't need to check, it's the same. Vice used that in 95 as well (I was playing it yesterday by coincidence).

It looks pretty good.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Ishmael
3477th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Fri 8 May 22:16post reply

I like the new Daryl Hannah/Christina Lindberg look that Mature is sporting but how is the eyepatch going to work in 2D? Is it going to actually stay on the correct eye like Nick Fury's eyepatch did in that old Punisher game or is going to magically flop around on her head the way Sagat's bandage used to?

karasu99
135th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Sat 9 May 01:05post reply

quote:
I like the new Daryl Hannah/Christina Lindberg look that Mature is sporting but how is the eyepatch going to work in 2D? Is it going to actually stay on the correct eye like Nick Fury's eyepatch did in that old Punisher game or is going to magically flop around on her head the way Sagat's bandage used to?

You have yet again asked the question I was about to, strangely. It will be interesting to see how it's handled-- relatively little programming or graphic trickery is required to keep it on the correct eye, but let's see if they go to the trouble.

Still, I'm not sure I like the whole eyepatch thing. It's... I don't know... a little trite?

At least now we have some great images rather than that fluid-covered-looking magazine scan.

Gojira
2521th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Sat 9 May 01:28post reply

Well, in all the screenshots the eyepatch stays on her right eye, even when facing different directions. So I guess there's your answer.

shipoopi

Ishmael
3478th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Sat 9 May 02:55post reply

quote:
Well, in all the screenshots the eyepatch stays on her right eye, even when facing different directions. So I guess there's your answer.

Hmm, I'm not sure. Now that I had a chance to look at the promo movie on the official site it looks like the eyepatch might be mobile. My guess is that Mature is such a nefarious woman that she's faking an injury to collect insurance money.

The promo video also featured a shot of the character select screen. If anybody else is going to make it into the roster they are going to have to be hidden away from the main group of portraits.

Mosquiton
1738th Post

"Re(2):Re:Fake-out" , posted Sat 9 May 04:12post reply

QUOTE[]...I wonder if the console version won't have an actual boss. Whether they add a boss or not, it would be grossly irreverent if they don't give fans one character they weren't expecting at all. If they can't at least do that, I will lose all hope, cry tears
of hatred, and demand that those responsible be incarcerated to await their executions (,,).[]/QUOTE

...not as fun now.

/ / /

nobinobita
524th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Re(10):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Sat 9 May 06:52post reply

quote:

You have yet again asked the question I was about to, strangely. It will be interesting to see how it's handled-- relatively little programming or graphic trickery is required to keep it on the correct eye, but let's see if they go to the trouble.

This wouldn't be hard to program, but it'd still take alot of effort for the animators since they'd effectively have the animate the head twice for every animation. Even if they just place the patch on a new layer and mask it out, it'd still have to move in persepective, and the masking would be very time consuming (not fun!)

But more power to them if they do it! This would put Mature up there with the Punisher and Samus as the only sprites who look different depending on what side they're facing.

This game is full of so many loving touches like that. For instance, it looks like Raiden has alternate colors where he's shirtless as opposed to sporting the single strap halter top. Come to think of it... Raiden's regular costume is also asymmetrical, I wonder if that'll change depending on what side he's facing as well.

Spoon
1758th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(6):Re(10):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Sat 9 May 11:49post reply

Have any of you had the chance to actually play this yet?

One of the oddities of Critical Counter is that the flash is so huge that combined with the sudden and violent camera movement, it can be difficult to tell who actually scored the hit. As a result, often both players just start tapping out their combo just in case they were the one that scored the hit.

Also, overmashing Kensou's DP+P is hilarious. Kensou on the whole is pretty cool, but I still haven't gotten a good grasp of just how one is supposed to be playing him. Joe, on the other hand, seem powerful right from the get-go.

Chargeable CD and back+CD seems to be an interesting division of SF4's focus attack. Charged CD result in crumple, but back+CD is the one with the ability to absorb attacks. However, it seems neither can be cancelled into a dash.

I still think it's funny that out of all the moves of Ralf they could've kept, they decided to give him a new special move based on his old dodge counterattack, and his other new special move is literally the same as Heavy D's flower. It even has similar utility in combos! (Heavy D in 98UM could use a super that keeps him in shadow box mode for multiple juggles with the flower, Ralf can do multiple juggles with the flower off of Critical Counter).

I have this awful feeling that Elizabeth is going to be no better in terms of her movelist than in KOFXI. I say this because if she walked into KOFXII right now with her KOFXI movelist, she'd definitely feel like one of the more "complete" characters.

Amakusa
797th Post

"Re(3):Re:Fake-out" , posted Sat 9 May 16:51post reply

quote:
QUOTE[]...I wonder if the console version won't have an actual boss. Whether they add a boss or not, it would be grossly irreverent if they don't give fans one character they weren't expecting at all. If they can't at least do that, I will lose all hope, cry tears
of hatred, and demand that those responsible be incarcerated to await their executions (,,).[]/QUOTE

...not as fun now.

Who could they possibly add as a boss that isn't unexpected to be a boss and still be acceptable, anyway?

Count Hihihi
175th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Re:Fake-out" , posted Sat 9 May 17:20post reply

quote:

Who could they possibly add as a boss that isn't unexpected to be a boss and still be acceptable, anyway?

What I'm thinking about is.. why didn't they decide to use Mature as the boss?

Or a nude bald guy with Kyo's, Ryo's, Beni's, Terry's, Ralf's, Kensou's, Robert's, Andy's, Raiden's, Iori's and Clark's moves?

Kotaku Ono and the Fanboy spirit.

Toxico
4737th Post

"Re(4):Re:Fake-out" , posted Sat 9 May 17:24post reply

quote:

Miss X?

Seriously, any of the non storyline 'boss' choices are pretty much something that one would easily expect (Geese or Rugal pop to my mind). Any other are either one of those 'one time storyline bosses', that wouldn't really feel right right next to popular choices; or either they could choose someone totally crazy (like.... the boss of the next game or something?).

Or they could add no boss at all, and make us sad. Maybe they'll copy ~ paste ~ modify a Rugal.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 08/05/09 (99 personajes)

samberto
2th Post

New Customer

"Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Sat 9 May 23:45:post reply

From these screens I can tell that mature's patch does change eyes, in this one facing righ her eyepatch is on the left eye, and in this other one facing left her patch is on her right eye, so she basicaly has the same sprite for either way she's facing, unlike Gill or Nick Fury.

This makes my prostate weak :(

[this message was edited by samberto on Sat 9 May 23:50]

Freeter
4455th Post

"Re(1):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Sun 10 May 01:16:post reply

quote:
From these screens I can tell that mature's patch does change eyes, in this one facing righ her eyepatch is on the left eye, and in this other one facing left her patch is on her right eye, so she basicaly has the same sprite for either way she's facing, unlike Gill or Nick Fury.

This makes my prostate weak :(

[lametheory]But in the first pic she's used on the 1P side, and in the other she's used on the 2P side, so the patch's side depends on who's using her![/lametheory]

[this message was edited by Freeter on Sun 10 May 01:16]

Amakusa
798th Post

"Re(5):Re:Fake-out" , posted Sun 10 May 02:25post reply

quote:

Miss X?

Seriously, any of the non storyline 'boss' choices are pretty much something that one would easily expect (Geese or Rugal pop to my mind). Any other are either one of those 'one time storyline bosses', that wouldn't really feel right right next to popular choices; or either they could choose someone totally crazy (like.... the boss of the next game or something?).

Or they could add no boss at all, and make us sad. Maybe they'll copy ~ paste ~ modify a Rugal.

I'd rather they throw in Mukai than Rugal.

Stifu
353th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Sun 10 May 04:30post reply

quote:
so she basicaly has the same sprite for either way she's facing, unlike Gill (...)

Gill has the same sprite for both sides, just a different color palette applied. Much easier to make, no extra drawing needed. The same trick can't be used for an eye patch.
... Actually, it could, technically... If you have enough free colors. Just draw both eye patches for each frame, but draw each of them with different colors that would show up as skin/eye or eye patch depending on the palette used. Not sure I'm clear, but yeah.

Toxico
4738th Post

"Re(2):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Sun 10 May 04:45post reply

quote:

Gill has the same sprite for both sides, just a different color palette applied. Much easier to make, no extra drawing needed. The same trick can't be used for an eye patch.

For Gill, it's not the same sprite (the game can't deal with that in that way. There are one set of sprites facing right, and other set of sprites facing left. Though, the only difference between the the sets of sprites is that they reversed the blue and red coloring; so it's hard to tell.

quote:

... Actually, it could, technically... If you have enough free colors. Just draw both eye patches for each frame, but draw each of them with different colors that would show up as skin/eye or eye patch depending on the palette used. Not sure I'm clear, but yeah.

That actually makes perfect sense but if we believe the pics, it seems that Mature's sprite is like most other sprites kof sprites, and uneven details 'switch sides' when she turns around. For me at least, that fact killed a dream.

Where are the good old times? Like the game gear Aladin game? (he had a patch on his knee, that was always on the correct knee, if I do recall)

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Stifu
355th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Sun 10 May 05:18:post reply

quote:
For Gill, it's not the same sprite

Really? Is that what you can see when checking the ROM graphics? I'm not big into SF3 and didn't check myself, so I don't know for sure... but having 2 color palettes that are the same except with blue and red tones inverted, that you'd swap depending on the character direction, would be much less work. It'd be easier to maintain (if sprite updates are necessary), and would take up less space, too...
I can't think of technical limitations preventing that. I doubt they couldn't fit an extra color palette in the game, or couldn't manage to swap color palettes on the fly.

Unless they were just "lazy" and thought simply using twice the needed graphics would be easier to implement, even if it's not an optimal solution...

[this message was edited by Stifu on Sun 10 May 05:31]

Gojira
2522th Post

"Re(2):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Sun 10 May 06:40post reply

But still I can see the eyepatch on the right eye in a shot where she's facing right, specifically the one where she's doing Despair. If it were flipped it would be on the other eye. Something weird going on there.

shipoopi

Spoon
1759th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Sun 10 May 10:06post reply

quote:

This game is full of so many loving touches like that. For instance, it looks like Raiden has alternate colors where he's shirtless as opposed to sporting the single strap halter top. Come to think of it... Raiden's regular costume is also asymmetrical, I wonder if that'll change depending on what side he's facing as well.

Raiden's strap does not change sides "correctly":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf8odus5ssc

Personally I'm not totally sold on having certain things correctly side-changed, while other elements aren't. For instance, Raiden has an asymmetrical stance, so if the strap would correctly swap but nothing else of his sprite did, then it'd seem like either the strap is magically moving around or Raiden is switching the handedness of his stance and moves for no reason. At least Gill had a cryo/pyro-kinesis gimmick to draw your attention and otherwise justify the swap in his stance to anybody who wanted to dwell on it.

When all things are simply mirrored, there's a consistency to it that doesn't strike you as terribly odd.

Spoon
1760th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Sun 10 May 10:13post reply

I should also mention that in the post-fight win portrait, if Ralf's picture is front and center his huge fist almost always completely covers the face of the portrait of the person on the left (the viewer's left).

It's pretty funny to see all of, say, Kensou's body but none of his head because of the fist in the way. That sure made me realize who was the important character on my team!

Iggy
8893th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Elizabeth and Mature confirmed." , posted Sun 10 May 18:35post reply

quote:
I should also mention that in the post-fight win portrait, if Ralf's picture is front and center his huge fist almost always completely covers the face of the portrait of the person on the left (the viewer's left)

There was the same problem in Tatsunoko Capcom, with Chunli bitch-slapping her teammate in the VS screen. That was interesting.

nobinobita
525th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Mon 11 May 08:18post reply

quote:
But still I can see the eyepatch on the right eye in a shot where she's facing right, specifically the one where she's doing Despair. If it were flipped it would be on the other eye. Something weird going on there.

Yeah that was the screen that made me think her head wasn't going to be simply mirrored.

I'm guessing they made the decision to always have the eyepatch in the back, no matter what side she's facing and what move she's doing, which is probably how Sagat is animated as well.

It's no knock against the game if the asymmetrical characters are mirrored. It's already got a herculean amount of effort put into the graphics as it is. The game's still a dream come true for me.

Ikari Loona
248th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Mon 11 May 19:44post reply

Mature lives, and converted to slightly more practical clothing - and inherited her boss' "losing an eye to some Orochi guy" tradition - all is right with the world, more so if Vice's survival is implied as well.

Now what's with that Mai and K' artwork then?...

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

JJWE
573th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Thu 14 May 00:40post reply

quote:
For Gill, it's not the same sprite
Really? Is that what you can see when checking the ROM graphics? I'm not big into SF3 and didn't check myself, so I don't know for sure... but having 2 color palettes that are the same except with blue and red tones inverted, that you'd swap depending on the character direction, would be much less work. It'd be easier to maintain (if sprite updates are necessary), and would take up less space, too...
I can't think of technical limitations preventing that. I doubt they couldn't fit an extra color palette in the game, or couldn't manage to swap color palettes on the fly.

Unless they were just "lazy" and thought simply using twice the needed graphics would be easier to implement, even if it's not an optimal solution...

No, you're correct. He's just using different sets of palettes depending on which direction he's facing.

--- http://ngmc.retrogames.com

Iggy
8895th Post

"Re(5):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Thu 14 May 03:27post reply

JJWE !!!!!!!
I KNEW there was a J and a W in your username.

.. No, I mean...
... How is Malmö ? I should be there in a few days now, for a reason I can't remember.

Oroch
1062th Post

"Re(6):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Thu 14 May 10:02post reply

quote:
JJWE !!!!!!!

.. No, I mean...
... How is Malmö ? I should be there in a few days now, for a reason I can't remember.

dont go there, its a piece of shit town only good for its chocolates

sfried
358th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):Elizabeth says "OBJECTION!"" , posted Thu 14 May 11:08post reply

What's Franziska von Karma doing in this game?

chazumaru
668th Post

"Re(6):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Fri 15 May 01:09post reply

quote:

You are going there for the girls.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

JJWE
574th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Fri 15 May 19:59post reply

quote:
JJWE !!!!!!!

.. No, I mean...

Haha, you're going there? What for? Feel free to laugh at their crazy dialect. At least it's in the south, so it should be somewhat warm-ish.

Iggy
8899th Post

"Re(7):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Fri 15 May 20:10:post reply

quote:
Haha, you're going there? What for?

To escape from the british polic... I mean, the british weather. And British fashion. And Britain. Have I yet mentioned that I didn't like Britain?

quote:
Feel free to laugh at their crazy dialect. At least it's in the south, so it should be somewhat warm-ish.
You can always count on me to laugh at people, even when I don't understand the reason.

Back on topic : comparisons before and after XII.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 15 May 23:44]

kofoguz
707th Post

"Re(8):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Sat 16 May 00:36post reply

quote:
Back on topic : comparisons before and after XII.

Shen looks yummy and it was a reptile(semender?) on his shirt? Ithought it was a dragon or snake?

[sigtag][/sigtag]

JJWE
575th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Sat 16 May 19:18post reply

quote:
To escape from the british polic... I mean, the british weather. And British fashion. And Britain. Have I yet mentioned that I didn't like Britain?

To go to Sweden to escape from anything really just seems to be like going from out of the frying pan into the fire.

Iggy
8900th Post

"Re(9):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Sat 16 May 22:14:post reply

quote:
To go to Sweden to escape from anything really just seems to be like going from out of the frying pan into the fire.

The Madman Café BBS: loathing the entire world since 1994. Has anyone been to Botswana, though?

If I go to Stockholm next year, can I ask you to be my guide through the city and fill me with interesting details on how it sucks? I would be much obliged.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 16 May 23:35]

Ishmael
3483th Post

"Re(10):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Wed 20 May 21:33post reply

The US box art is getting a second round of voting. This time the choices for the PS3 and 360 is between the original Japanese art and whatever cheap crap was slapped together for the initial US covers.

jjwe
576th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(10):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Thu 21 May 05:30post reply

quote:
If I go to Stockholm next year, can I ask you to be my guide through the city and fill me with interesting details on how it sucks? I would be much obliged.

Haha, sure. Even though I'm not that well versed in our ancient history and whatnot. You tend to ignore things close to home. (or is that just me?)

Iggy
8907th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Thu 21 May 06:06post reply

quote:
You tend to ignore things close to home. (or is that just me?)

The number of Parisian people who never climbed on the Eiffel Tower must be around 80%. And the other 20% only did it because some family or Japanese girlfriend came here for 1 week and absolutely wanted to see what it looked like.

Anyway, I changed my mind a few hours before boarding and stayed at Copenhagen the whole time.
I'm going to say something that I never thought would be possible. I need the loving care and help from my closest friends to cope with this difficult situation I'm in.

Copenhagen in spring is the most beautiful and charming city in the world.
By which I mean it's better than any season in Paris.

My heart is breaking. This is harsh, evaluate me.

Toxico
4741th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Thu 21 May 09:18post reply

quote:

* butts in *

You suck

Your resolution is wavering.

* runs away, dressed in XVI century clothes. *

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Spoon
1763th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Mature has Sagat's eyepatch" , posted Sat 23 May 09:12post reply

quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kK0sUTALhg