So, nobody plays KOF 02UM ? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2059 Views )

Iggy
8870th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"So, nobody plays KOF 02UM ?" , posted Thu 2 Apr 01:47post reply

Its a good game ! Even though...

*In Ramon vs Yashiro, connecting Ramon's ranbu under certain conditions rings Yashiro's voice.
*Time out victory in Single CPU makes both character take their loss pose.
*The old voices are not as loud as the new ones, which can be very, very annoying.
*Ignitz's guard crash is funny.
* during the challenge 24, if Choi does 214+A or C then 236236 A or C, he can use his move in the air.
* Typo in Goenitz's victory message against Rugal.
*Rugal's voices for God Press or Kaizer Wave come really late.
*When hitting Hinako during a specific frame of her 四股踏み, the game freezes. The move freezes in other specific situations as well.
*If Hinako's 合掌捻り top and Mei Lee's hero mode jump chop meet, the game freezes.
* Clone Zero's super and MAX super don't have voices.
* Mary's shadow freeze bug remains from the original game.
* Most boss dizzy animation look funny.
* During Kyo vs K' intro, Kyo has no sound effect.
* Kyo1's strong朧車 second and third impact have no SE.
* Geese's CD has no voice.
* colour problem on Geese's close B.
* Pixels missing in Maxima's C victory pose.
* The 01 and 02 bug where you could use 仙氣 with one gauge remains.
* You can't use colour edited-ura character against a colour edited- normal character.
* Bug on Ramon's Fall of Will.
* When both characters run to the other, touch, and one of them jumps, the other one's SE stop.
* No Leona voice in vs Heidern demo.
* Kim's last shout during 零距離鳳凰脚 is missing
* Diana can catch after a splash (only Mary and Mei Lee)
* Bug on Goenitz's crossup D.
* Yashiro's AC isn't written in his list of moves.

▼Kryzalid bugs
* Lacks intro animation against several characters.
* voice is late against Whip.
* No SE on most moves and MAX1.
* Weird dizzy pose
* weird close weak K.
* Not the same voice as OriZero's Kryza striker.
* When Orizero's Kryza attacks, he flies away.
* In endless, some of his moves have the same properties as when you fight him as a boss.
* The purple explosion at the end of MAX Desperate is gone.
* Some of his victory quotes are gone.
* catching a character at the top of his jump with a lethal impact looks weird.
* The list is a work in progress.

So, yeah.
It's a good game, but it's a shame they neither had the manpower nor the money to add a few weeks of bugtesting.

Replies:

Freeter
4452th Post

"Re(1):So, nobody plays KOF 02UM ?" , posted Thu 2 Apr 04:42post reply

quote:
▼Kryzalid bugs
* In endless, some of his moves have the same properties as when you fight him as a boss.

I thought they were just lazy and decided not to tone him down. Racked up 100+ wins before I got bored and let the CPU win.

Spoon
1746th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):So, nobody plays KOF 02UM ?" , posted Thu 2 Apr 06:18post reply

Krizalid is still stupid good when playing in Vs. mode. His kick projectile builds like a third of a meter on block, and his DP has so much invulnerability that it can easily beat almost any other DP in the game.

Takuma's autoguard move comes across as a dumber, better version of Ryo's (since high/low is a non-issue with Takuma's version), but I'll be damned if it isn't one of the most entertaining moves in the game. Aside from earthquake moves, throws, and Chang's timestop, even unblockable moves can be guarded with it. If you mash it out without any breaks, you can even guard right through things like Maxima's projectile barrage or Chris's orochi super (though they are blockable normally).

I'm not a big fan of having to have to learn custom combos, and the lack of the USA Sports Team somewhat reduces the fun I have with the game.

But, there's still fun to be had. Hinako is somewhat senselessly strong against 5 particular characters, what with her infinite that requires no particular setup and is performed by holding towards while mashing A+C.

exodus
4166th Post

"Re(1):So, nobody plays KOF 02UM ?" , posted Fri 3 Apr 13:35post reply

well uhhhhhhh I will, soon!
maybe.

I don't want to import it though, because of laziness and things of that nature.

Toxico
4729th Post

"Re(1):So, nobody plays KOF 02UM ?" , posted Sun 3 May 05:29:post reply

quote:

Its a good game ! Even though...

Let's see....
Krizalid, Ron and Gulguan don't have a shadow (and can't be hit, unlike 2001).

Seth vs Zero intro, Seth has no voice but has lip sync.

Unknown Todoh, Lan & Chitto (the last 2 are the hizoku clan memebers) Aren't credited in the seiyuu list. 「超重ね当て」

The arcade version seems to be the same (with bugs and everything), and seems to freeze if players insert too many credits within a short period of time.... Thank you, Imoya.

Despise everything, the game seems to receive positive feedback (as, it is fun).

Also, I wonder... How badly is XII flopping.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 06/03/09 (99 personajes) <- se agregó a Nameless

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sun 3 May 05:36]

Phoenix
910th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):So, nobody plays KOF 02UM ?" , posted Sun 3 May 16:09post reply

Wait, I thought the arcade version was still in beta testing phase?

nobinobita
513th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):So, nobody plays KOF 02UM ?" , posted Sun 3 May 17:23post reply

quote:

Is the game doing badly? Do you expect it to do poorly? If so, why?

If it does flop I will be extremely sad.

badoor
66th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):So, nobody plays KOF 02UM ?" , posted Sun 3 May 22:17post reply

quote:

Probably because the console version is coming up mere months after the arcade release plus the little excitement among japanese players for this game. You can read about it from tomakun here in french or here translated in english.

As for KOF02UM the original just arrived in the mail today along with Sega Ages Virtual On, NiGHTS into Dreams and Bakumatsu Roman/Last Blade Collection.

Gojira
2518th Post

"Re(3):So, nobody plays KOF 02UM ?" , posted Mon 4 May 01:57post reply

quote:

For what it's worth, I hear it's been doing pretty well in Portland.

shipoopi

Toxico
4730th Post

"Re(3):So, nobody plays KOF 02UM ?" , posted Mon 4 May 02:01:post reply

quote:

I love the game, and I love what it entails, but to be honest, it was clear that the game wasn't going to be successful.

Why? Well, it's simple. It's sad to point out, but the audience is not really ready for a good, clean, old school game. Despise how gorgeous it looks.

Think of this in another "espectro" : If last year we would have gotten a SF III 4th impact with something like 50 characters, and at the same time we would have gotten SF IV, I wounder what kind of 'success' IV would have obtained. KoF XII is suffering from something similar to this.

In order to overcome it's "shallow" and "lack of characters" mask, and in order to appeal a more general, less hardcore audience; the new KoF games will need more time to develop into the games that people are already used to. I do wonder if SNKP has the money and man power to pull out 2 or 3 more 'take a dive' HD games that take years to develop; in order to have wide success with the 4th.

My prayers are with the console ports. SNK needs money, so that they can keep themselves in the HD realm.

quote:

By the way, two "secret" characters have been confirmed for the PS360 port. Oh, my, I wonder who that will be.

Juan and Ura Juna

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 06/03/09 (99 personajes) <- se agregó a Nameless

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 4 May 02:03]

Mosquiton
1737th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):So, nobody plays KOF 02UM ?" , posted Mon 4 May 05:56post reply

quote:

By the way, two "secret" characters have been confirmed for the PS360 port. Oh, my, I wonder who that will be.

I would bet huge sums of money that there will be someone other than K' and Mai added to the game.

/ / /

hikarutilmitt
491th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):So, nobody plays KOF 02UM ?" , posted Mon 4 May 06:40post reply

quote:

I would bet huge sums of money that there will be someone other than K' and Mai added to the game.

*Crosses fingers for Kasumi, expects Yuri and hopes not Bao*

Iggy
8884th Post

"Re(5):So, nobody plays KOF 02UM ?" , posted Mon 4 May 07:55post reply

quote:

My heart is with you, but not my money.

Ishmael
3472th Post

"Re(4):So, nobody plays KOF 02UM ?" , posted Wed 6 May 01:57post reply

quote:
I love the game, and I love what it entails, but to be honest, it was clear that the game wasn't going to be successful.

Why? Well, it's simple. It's sad to point out, but the audience is not really ready for a good, clean, old school game. Despise how gorgeous it looks.

Think of this in another "espectro" : If last year we would have gotten a SF III 4th impact with something like 50 characters, and at the same time we would have gotten SF IV, I wounder what kind of 'success' IV would have obtained. KoF XII is suffering from something similar to this.

In order to overcome it's "shallow" and "lack of characters" mask, and in order to appeal a more general, less hardcore audience; the new KoF games will need more time to develop into the games that people are already used to. I do wonder if SNKP has the money and man power to pull out 2 or 3 more 'take a dive' HD games that take years to develop; in order to have wide success with the 4th.

My prayers are with the console ports. SNK needs money, so that they can keep themselves in the HD realm.

I think you're right, XII is going to take one for the team in the hopes that some future KoF game can be everything XII was supposed to be. As it stands right now XII has banked everything on graphics at the expense of roster, story, single player experience or any of these other things that have been mainstays in most fighting games. Instead of being the breakout hit it was touted as being back in 2007 XII has instead pushed itself even further down into the niche of fighting games.

Still, I have to give SNKP credit for being willing to go to the dance with their disappointing date and pushing through with arcade and world-wide console releases. Who knows, maybe there are unannounced aspects to the console version that will turn XII into the second coming of 2D animation that SNKP hoped it would be. While that would be nice I'm not counting on it.