The turansulation thread. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2275 Views )

Toxico
4712th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"The turansulation thread." , posted Thu 5 Mar 08:26:post reply

Well, I'm kinda bored so here it goes : I have been gathering doubts for a while now, and I thought that I should ask around; so that people can laugh about my ignorance. (ゴジたん、助けて!!)

Doubt 1
Hira : おほしさまになっちゃえ~
I put it as something like Oho shi samani nachae , I'm kinda lost here, really.... I'm taking 'oho shi' as a way of asking a question; but I don't think it makes sense .

- This ones comes from Momoko, it's from her throw DM.

Doubt 2
Kana : なげっぱなし
It should be something "Nagen napashi" , I'm still kinda confused about this.

- This one comes from Shermie's D throw.

Doubt 3
Kana : ジョン ドゥ、レクレール
"Jon dô, return", I have my doubts.... After much fighting with myself I settled it with something that "you'll return from over there", but I don't want to think how wrong is that.

- This one is from Shermie's MAX2 move.

Edit 1
Doubt 4
Hira : うにょうにょ
"unyounyo" , I think uni is sea urchin, but that really doesn't fit. While googling pics of it, I could see some seaside pictures... jp wiki redirected me to a weird article (I think it was about an ice cream brand )

- This one is used by Shingo to 'curse' Iori in their intro.

If I remember more, I'll let you know, even if you don't care.

And since I'm in no way an uke type... シュッ

Nameless speech (I have doubts over here as well, the seiyuu is kinda tricky to hear, I had to turn off the bgms to heard most of it).

Main intro : Koi "come"

Doubt :
CPU Intro : Target, look on... Haerô zo , I think haero can be something like "to cut" with your teeth.... So maybe it should be something like "Target, look on... I'll rip them up" , I'm not that sure.

Doubt :
Intro vs Kyo or K' : Karyuu ko no shira igo···· Oshiete aru "I'll drag you down with me after this.... I'll show you" , I don't think I heard it that correctly, kinda unsure

Doubt :
Intro vs NESTS execs : Shinji isen totsu nagare ni shire, tachio sagare mono ha... subete haiyo suru "I used to guide my ideas accord to your commands, by watching the true nature of things.... It all has come to this" , I think that he is explaining how he used to obey orders. but got sick of it and choose to revolt. I'm not sure if I'm hearing this well.

Intro vs Kula : Omae wa? iya, nandemo nai "Aren't you? No, It doesn't matter"

Doubt :
Taunt : Ato de migai te aru kara na "I hope something hasn't got inside of it" , he is speaking on how he would like to keep Isolde clean & fresh ♥

Throw escape : sono teido ka? "Is that it?"

Rolling : Mikita "I see it"

Roll recovery : Soredake ka "To that extent", or 'with that level'. He is looking down on what knocked him down.

Defeated : Makeru- Make ni wa... "Defeated- It's a defeat" , really hard to hear, I just take it as that he is "talking" to himself on how he can't go on, and can't really take it.

CD attack : Shoshi "pathetic"

Doubt :
Performing Yukikaze : Se ra ruku , blergh; I don't know how to translate this, with some web dicctionaries I managed to settle it with something like "the whirlpool is forming"

Performing Sewarabe : Uchuu "Showering" , I suppose that he is talking about the fire surronding the enemy.

Performing Yoizuki with A : Kiru "Kill"

Performing Yoizuki with C : Kirisaku "to cut off"

Performing Amagiri with B : Muda da "It's useless"

Performing Amagiri with D : Nigasan "No escape"

Performing Shakuhou : Moe yagare··· Oreno hono yo "Now Burn... Flames of mine"

Doubt :
Performing Zetsuei : Zetsu! Yami ni ichire "Sever! Face the darkness" , the move name uses the kanji 絶 (to cut), instead of "face" I think he uses "a moment of" , but I don't think that it makes much sense.

Performing Rasen : Rasen······· Kisama o uchiku daku "Spiraling ....... You'll be pierced through" , the kanji of the move helps again: 螺旋

Performing Rinkou : Chikara no subete o.... WHHHOOOOOOAAAAAAA "All of the power.... WHHHOOOOOOAAAAAAA"

First victory pose : Ore ni haigoku ha nai , to quote Souther "I won't back down against anything"

Second victory pose : Oata yo····· Isolde "It's over..... Isolde"

Doubt :
Victory pose over Kula : kyuu shuu ha hashi ha, tsuka ha tokoro ikigai , I think that I saw on some game manual long ago that kyuu shuu was "mid air", with that I have come to something like... "even if we are separated from here to across the heavens, you are still my reason d' etire" , damned emo I'm not sure if I'm hearing him right.

obscene voodoo dance teleport

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 03/03/09 (99 personajes) <- se agregó Nameless

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 5 Mar 16:21]

Replies:

chazumaru
665th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):The turansulation thread." , posted Thu 5 Mar 18:50post reply

I am far (FARFARFAAAAR) from being an expert but, assuming your kanas are right:

> Hira : おほしさまになっちゃえ~
I think you cut it wrong, it is probably the "o--sama" polite form and nachae probably a southern "naritai". Something like お星様に成ちゃぇ. "I want to become the (immensely respected) star". I don't know Momoko's background though. Does she want to become an idol or something?

> Kana : なげっぱなし
Nageppanashi, considering Shermie it is obviously "nage" from 投げ = throw. Something like "Done with a throw" if I don't mess up my informal Japanese too much.

> Kana : ジョン ドゥ、レクレール
Very probably butchered French (once again, it's Shermie after all). Last one is "l'éclair". Domething like "Jean de L'Eclair"? Although I would love "j'ondule, éclaire"

> Hira : うにょうにょ
No idea, possibly some osakaben lingo judging at the character and the sound of the expression (osakaben often repeats a contracted form, such as ちゃうちゃう which I always hear at work instead of the conventional 違う/different). Maybe a local variation of うんこ/shit? A weird contraction of 運良く/"luckily"?

I have no time left for the exemples in your longer edit and I am probably wrong about the first ones so I'll let prof(essionals) correct me and answer you more accurately.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Sensenic
1668th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):The turansulation thread." , posted Fri 6 Mar 00:10:post reply

quote:
I am far (FARFARFAAAAR) from being an expert but, assuming your kanas are right:

> Hira : おほしさまになっちゃえ~
I think you cut it wrong, it is probably the "o--sama" polite form and nachae probably a southern "naritai". Something like お星様に成ちゃぇ. "I want to become the (immensely respected) star". I don't know Momoko's background though. Does she want to become an idol or something?

I'm even farther, but I think I have to disagree with that one.
Isn't "nacchae" the abbreviation for "natte shimae"?

In that case, she's telling the (thrown) rival to "become a staaar!": you know, like in anime where people's thrown far away and there's a twinkle before they disappear out of sight.

And in this case I think the "o-hoshi-sama" is not there to indicate politeness/respect per se, but rather childish way of talking.

貧乳神・・・

"Don't give me that crap about real life. There ain't no such animal."
-Felix Leiter-

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Fri 6 Mar 00:11]

chazumaru
666th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):The turansulation thread." , posted Fri 6 Mar 03:25post reply

quote:

I'm even farther, but I think I have to disagree with that one.
Isn't "nacchae" the abbreviation for "natte shimae"?

I'd never even heard the expression before, nor do I know what the move looks like, so I am probably wrong.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Zepy
1527th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):The turansulation thread." , posted Fri 6 Mar 03:45post reply

おほしさまになっちゃえ~ - Become a star
Momoko throws her opponent up high into the air so they become a star.

なげっぱなし - Nageppanashi german suplex

うにょうにょ - some expression that refers to the action of some long thing hanging or swinging around (like a worm...?)
Referring to Iori's hair

Toxico
4713th Post

"Re(1):The turansulation thread." , posted Fri 6 Mar 15:07post reply

Wow, many, many thanks for the useful input, everyone.

quote:

Chazu丸

Speaking of butchered french, I translated King's Silent flash in XI like Je croit (I have seen it as チェックライク , and looking at it now, it doesn't really fit; checklike for an special move doesn't sound good in my head).

BTW, for these cases, I'm pretty sure about the how the katakana's are, since; when I'm not sure about something, I spend some time browsing through infoseek.

For example, Momoko's quote is actually The official name of the move . Oh, and coincidently, it's listed with an star simbol as well.

Well, I can also find some quotes if I'm willing to go trough +300 pages 4 chan type of boards (which sadly I have been forced to do some times).

The Shermie's ones where taken from some online fan made databases, like this or here.

There are some other things that, I forgot to ask at first but have also deprived me of sleep hours since ago.

Chin's Back
doubt 1 (alternative link)

Eiji's Hand
doubt 2 (alternative link)

Hanzou's move.
doubt 3 (a little bit more difficult than the other ones (alternative link)

Of course, for this last case, the kanjis don't fit with the move name(s) (飛龍裂空破 in WHP , and 伊賀忍法奥義 梵天閃光陣 in NGBC).

I can't really make head or lights of these kanjis, nor reproducing them through radicals while lusting over online dictionaries, so I don't know the meaning nor how they truly composed / written.

There are a couple of victory poses that Hanzou likes to pop up, but that I don't entirely get... The first one is "text only" from World Heroes 2jet (it's only kana, so it's kinda hard to investigate about), and the second one is actually spoken in Perfect and NGBC.

しょうじん ある のみ , if I use 或 for aru it's easy, but Hanzou's polite keigo and ascetic character make it hard to choose what kind of shoujin I should pic, I have been thinking on 小人 or 精進 ... The 'nomi' really has me at a lost.

The "spoken one" is fairly similar, he goes Shoujin na sareo , but maybe I got it wrong... I'll need to recheck.

This should satisfy my evil urges for a while
obscene voodoo dance teleport

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 03/03/09 (99 personajes) <- se agregó Nameless

karasu99
94th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):The turansulation thread." , posted Sat 7 Mar 02:33post reply

quote:

Hanzou's move.
doubt 3 (a little bit more difficult than the other ones (alternative link)

Of course, for this last case, the kanjis don't fit with the move name(s) (飛龍裂空破 in WHP , and 伊賀忍法奥義 梵天閃光陣 in NGBC).

I can't really make head or lights of these kanjis, nor reproducing them through radicals while lusting over online dictionaries, so I don't know the meaning nor how they truly composed / written.

Might these not be the same sort of ninja-related kanji that are seen for a lot of ninja things in popular culture? Now here I embarrass myself, potentially: A quick look at some English-language sites yields the nine hand signs of Kuji Goshinbo, "Rin Hyo To Ja Kai Jin Retsu Zai Zen", and the five hand signs of the Inmei Goshinbo (which I can't find a listing of the names for, but that matches the kanji in Hanzou's move numerically), although granted this transliteration may be totally wrong, but might at least be helpful for searching Japanese language sites.

Professor
2533th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):The turansulation thread." , posted Wed 11 Mar 04:50:post reply

Quick replies-

-Shermie's DM, she should be saying Jambe de L'éclair (Leg of Lightning).

-なげっぱなし : Nage means "throw", and hanashi/hanasu means "let go". So a Nageppanashi Suplex would be a move where you throw the opponent and then release them.

-うにょうにょ : Wiggly wiggly. Like a worm.

<cut through the nameless stuff>

-The thing on Chin's Back reads as "Chou", which means "1 Million" in China, and "1 Trillion" in other regions of asia.

-No idea on Eiji's glove, it could potentially be some sort of a simplified kanji.

-Karasu99 has it pretty right about the letters in Hanzo's moves. Those are Hayakuji (quick-style Kujis) written in Sanskrit, which is why you'll never find those letters if you're looking through Japanese fontsets.

-Hanzo's 精進あるのみ is a cliche; you can google it and get a bunch of results. It means something like "I must keep on improving". Nomi means only, so if you want to be really literal with the translation, it'll come out as something like "Improving [myself] is the only option I have".

-His "Shoujin nasareo" likewise means "you must improve". Nasareo means "[you] should do so".

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 11 Mar 05:20]

Toxico
4718th Post

"Re(3):The turansulation thread." , posted Sat 14 Mar 01:31post reply

quote:

* Feedback *

Thanks a lot for the answers people; it has been quite informative . Also; I have had my share of fun discovering how bad are the online applications for sanskrit <=> human lenguages, or what the heck was j'ondu / j'ondule.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 06/03/09 (99 personajes) <- se agregó a Nameless

karasu99
99th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):The turansulation thread." , posted Sat 14 Mar 05:04post reply

quote:

Also; I have had my share of fun discovering how bad are the online applications for sanskrit <=> human lenguages, or what the heck was j'ondu / j'ondule.

I tried checking this out as well after the Professor's revelation, and found that the Sanskrit alphabet is fairly confusing overall. One thing I found is that several of the depicted characters in Hanzo's attack have diacritical marks that interestingly enough don't appear in most alphabet guides. Not that by disregarding the diacriticals I was able to translate them any better. I eventually just gave up

I'll be curious to hear if you have any better success.

Toxico
4738th Post

"リレイズ………" , posted Sat 9 May 04:08:post reply

It seems that my idiocy has left out some weird questions left, Issues that just now I have come to remember.

What's puru puru? (プルプル)
- This one I have no idea, I doubt that it means 'pull pull'.

And what's Bishi bashi?
- Namesake of a very fun Konami game, I have read somewhere thet it can mean "Hitting sounds" (think "Wham or pom" on the 70s Batman), but I'm not quite sure that said meaning is the only thing to it..

Hoh, also "Hoisa" has me pretty puzzled (ホイさ)

Any help would be much appreciated.

quote:

I assume we're talking something different from Dreamcast puru puru, as in Puru Puru Pack, right? I think the way it's spelled is different.

No no no, the puru puru that I have been thinking about is a '(un?) common' expresion that can be used as a word. For example there is a manga that's called puru puru gauken. Though it's namesake is not what I'm asking for.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 08/05/09 (99 personajes)

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sun 10 May 00:43]

karasu99
136th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):リレイズ………" , posted Sat 9 May 04:35post reply

quote:
It seems that my idiocy has left out some weird questions left, Issues that just now I have come to remember.

What's puru puru? (プルプル)
- This one I have no idea, I doubt that it means 'pull pull'.

I assume we're talking something different from Dreamcast puru puru, as in Puru Puru Pack, right? I think the way it's spelled is different.