SFIV Unlockable Art - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1769 Views )

nobinobita
482th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"SFIV Unlockable Art" , posted Wed 25 Feb 16:58post reply

I recently saw some of the unlockable art galleries in SFIV. I don't own the game, but the brief moments i spent staring at the concept art have left me with a great longing to see more. Does anyone if there's a way to rip the art from the game? I know newer PS3 titles like Nobi Nobi boy let you do screen caps. Perhaps you could do that for SFIV?

If there's no other way, I'm actually tempted to get the game just so I can unlock the art and stare at it on my TV.

I'm serious, like, I'm DEEPLY MOVED by these sketches. Anyone else feel strongly about em?

Replies:

Spoon
1732th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):SFIV Unlockable Art" , posted Wed 25 Feb 18:03post reply

quote:
I recently saw some of the unlockable art galleries in SFIV. I don't own the game, but the brief moments i spent staring at the concept art have left me with a great longing to see more. Does anyone if there's a way to rip the art from the game? I know newer PS3 titles like Nobi Nobi boy let you do screen caps. Perhaps you could do that for SFIV?

If there's no other way, I'm actually tempted to get the game just so I can unlock the art and stare at it on my TV.

I'm serious, like, I'm DEEPLY MOVED by these sketches. Anyone else feel strongly about em?

I saw some, and I thought they were so far out there that I wasn't sure if they were really a part of SF4 or just some guys pulling my leg.

I saw them in this thread at SRK:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=176664

Gojira
2509th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):SFIV Unlockable Art" , posted Wed 25 Feb 18:28post reply

Well, if you do decide to get the game to look at them all you have to do to unlock them is play through normal trial mode with all the characters.

On the art itself, which art are you appreciating? There's only about 8 "official" pieces in the collection (mostly Kinu pics that have been seen in promotions elsewhere) and the rest is a buttload of character and stage concept sketches, but I think they're pretty fun to look at.

I like some of the characters that never came to be, like a big fat guy with dreads who I assume evolved into Rufus and a 70's chopsaki-style afro karate master. Abel's original design gives me a chuckle too because he's got a frilly scarf that kinda makes him look like Fred from Scooby Doo.

shipoopi

Pollyanna
2648th Post

"Re(1):SFIV Unlockable Art" , posted Wed 25 Feb 19:15post reply

quote:

I'm happy to see you make this topic, because I honestly thought of you when I was looking at the sketches. Here's hoping they make an artbook!

I was so disappointed with the "drawn over the renders" character designs they released that I forgot that the game might have awesome design sketches hidden somewhere. Ah, but I really like the character select pictures, too.

I'm enjoying SFIV immensely, and I had completely gotten over the 3D thing, but after seeing the sketches, I started longing for 2D SF again.

On a mostly unrelated note, I just fought a charming fellow online who only did jabs and hurricane kicks! Radical!

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Ishmael
3415th Post

"Re(2):SFIV Unlockable Art" , posted Thu 26 Feb 02:19post reply

quote:
I'm happy to see you make this topic, because I honestly thought of you when I was looking at the sketches. Here's hoping they make an artbook!

I'm surprised and disappointed that an artbook has yet to be announced. Either some publisher needs to get on the ball or I need to get better at the trial modes so I can unlock the rest of the art.

Maou
1598th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):SFIV Unlockable Art" , posted Thu 26 Feb 06:39post reply

quote:

I was so disappointed with the "drawn over the renders" character designs they released that I forgot that the game might have awesome design sketches hidden somewhere. Ah, but I really like the character select pictures, too.

I'm enjoying SFIV immensely, and I had completely gotten over the 3D thing, but after seeing the sketches, I started longing for 2D SF again.

On a mostly unrelated note, I just fought a charming fellow online who only did jabs and hurricane kicks! Radical!

Heheh, the revival of the maximum scrub will be a humorous side-effect of having a new, relatively non-niche fighter. I'm sure all the game magazines now again have the wonderful "throw a hadouken, and when he jumps, do a shouryuuken!" strategies! 必勝!

Also, nobinobi(boy)ta, there was a site I remember called fighter's generation or gaming gen or something like that that had a ton of fighting game art, so maybe some of the items you've seen will turn up there until a proper artbook comes out?

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

nobinobita
485th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):SFIV Unlockable Art" , posted Thu 26 Feb 15:15:post reply

quote:

Thank you! It's nice to be remembered (^_^ )

quote:

I was so disappointed with the "drawn over the renders" character designs they released that I forgot that the game might have awesome design sketches hidden somewhere.

Yeah those painted over renders they first released caused what some might consider an unreasonable amount of mental anguish for me! I'm glad to see that there's so much great stuff tucked away in the actual game though.

quote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that pang. A few days ago I fell asleep on my couch and woke up hugging a copy of SFIII to my chest. Apparently at some point while I was dozing off I instinctively picked up the box and held it to my bosom like a teddy bear.

quote:

This story made me laugh hysterically. I don't even know why :P

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Thu 26 Feb 15:16]

nobinobita
485th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):SFIV Unlockable Art" , posted Thu 26 Feb 15:36post reply

quote:

there was a site I remember called fighter's generation or gaming gen or something like that that had a ton of fighting game art, so maybe some of the items you've seen will turn up there until a proper artbook comes out?

Oh Yeah, you must be referring to

http://fightersgeneration.com/

That site is super excellent. It's a great resource for art and it's design sense is charmingly stuck in the 90s. Makes me feel like I'm still in middle school!

Another great website for SF art is:

http://sfgalleries.net/

There's alot of great stuff on there, I'm sure as soon as someone finds a way to rip the art from SFIV it'll end up on there. I'm rooting for an artbook too. I hope Udon comes through with that.

quote:

Also, nobinobi(boy)ta,

(●.●)]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]])

Maou
1604th Post

"Re(4):SFIV Unlockable Art" , posted Sun 1 Mar 05:36:post reply

quote:

(●.●)]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]])

Heheh, one day we will run into each other in real life and talk about art, Genius Party, and weird artsy games all day. After the thrilling Flow(er), I want to play Nobinobiboy right away.

The Street Fighter gallery site is pretty good, too, though more random (not in-game) art would be fun, too. I'm eager to see these pieces from SF4 you've mentioned since I haven't played the game yet due to aforementioned controller catastrophes.

[this message was edited by Maou on Sun 1 Mar 05:37]

Pollyanna
2650th Post

"Re(5):SFIV Unlockable Art" , posted Sun 1 Mar 18:36post reply

quote:

I want to play Nobinobiboy right away.

NobiNobi Boy is the only game to make me physically ill. I now blame everything wrong in the world on NobiNobi Boy.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Maou
1606th Post

"Re(6):SFIV Unlockable Art" , posted Mon 2 Mar 02:20:post reply

quote:

I want to play Nobinobiboy right away.

NobiNobi Boy is the only game to make me physically ill. I now blame everything wrong in the world on NobiNobi Boy.

Because you hate it so, or because it's too dizzying? ふうむ、もっと伸び伸びしたらどうだい? But seriously, I'm curious since I haven't played yet. If you survived Final Fantasy XII's camera, I thought you'd be set for anything!

[this message was edited by Maou on Mon 2 Mar 02:30]

Nekros
162th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):SFIV Unlockable Art" , posted Mon 2 Mar 05:55post reply

quote:

Why is bothering you getting the game or not?
I a good fighter, if not amazing: give it a try and you'll be satisfied ^_-

About the sketches: most of them are a raw version of the final new challengers, except for the fat guy similar to Hugo and the supposed afro-karateka called King Cobra. To me, is not all that original (MOTW has a similar char) but he's got a certain vibe, like some minor characters in SF as Retsu or Makoto.
In addition: Ono mentioned in one of the very first interviews about 2 new female characters that disappeared in a sort of void and are apparently excluded from the sketches in the game.