KoF2k2UM is out thread - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (8923 Views )

karasu99
78th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"KoF2k2UM is out thread" , posted Wed 25 Feb 08:27post reply

I'm following Iggy's suggestion since Toxico isn't about it seems, and I'm bored.

I thought perhaps to console ourselves over the unbalancing changes that have been made, we can keep track of features, observations, etc. here.

So Iggy-sama, it seems you've confirmed the following extra characters out of 6:

Ura Robert
Geese
Goenitz

I'm curious to see how accurate everyone's predictions have been for the extra characters.

Replies:

Toxico
4695th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"hmn." , posted Wed 25 Feb 09:07:post reply

there are already videos that have less than a day

some rips are showing up

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 17/02/09 (98 personajes)

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 25 Feb 15:30]

Iggy
8863th Post

"Re(1):KoF2k2UM is out thread" , posted Wed 25 Feb 17:25post reply

The last character was Nightmare Geese. Lol.

http://www2.vipper.org/vip1124929.jpg
http://www2.vipper.org/vip1124932.jpg
http://www.vipper.org/vip1124934.jpg

R-Bite is the staff roll.

Pollyanna
2649th Post

"Re(2):KoF2k2UM is out thread" , posted Wed 25 Feb 19:16post reply

quote:
The last character was Nightmare Geese. Lol.
R-Bite is the staff roll.

So did anyone ever construct an accurate "fill in the shadows" picture?

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Toxico
4696th Post

"Endings" , posted Wed 25 Feb 22:19:post reply

From KoF union

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -

Every ending has a team name, even the edit endings. Some are very cool, like Jhun team, or Clone team, where seemingly Kusanagi was a victim from the hot steamy violent sex fantasies from the other 2 clones.... New favourite team.

Other endings are cool references, like the Kyokugen dojo, or the AoF 1 family pic

End of Spoiler

quote:
So did anyone ever construct an accurate "fill in the shadows" picture?

A chinese (source -> mugen china) list that I picked up last night, but refused to believe with teary eyes :

1. Krizalid (99; BOSS)
max2 - 闪电光速拳 *前衡一拳 画面变黑 有无数的 光线不规则穿梭每角落

2. Clone Zero (00' BOSS)

3. Zero (01')
(has his 3 strikers)

4. Igniz (01' BOSS)
max2 - 起手非常快, 从对手脚下慢慢形成球状包围对手

5. Goenitz -SVC (96' BOSS)

6. Takuma (00')
max2 - 霸王狮咬拳 *狮子型的气功爆发光波

7. Robert (00')
max2 - 灭.龙虎乱舞 *起手跟02 robert max2 相同 结尾 翻身飞后着地 > 大波

8. Kensou (99' 没有超能力版)

9. Geese - 98UM 里版

10.Geese - 混合版

11.Rugal 2002

Finishing the fight With Kula's MAX2 awards a pic of the 4 characters.

Some things never change .... Leonhalt has a cameo ♥♥♥♥♥

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 25 Feb 23:33]

karasu99
79th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Endings" , posted Wed 25 Feb 23:56post reply

I'm just a little bit disappointed to hear that the final 'big surprise' is that it's Nightmare Geese. I guess by surprise they meant we would be surprised when it wasn't Ura Geese. I guess not all surprises are good ones, right?

Ah well. The amount of interesting touches that have been included is pretty nice, though, otherwise.

Hmm, but out of curiosity, what's the difference between '96 boss Goenitz and SVC Goenitz? And '98UM Goenitz, for that matter.

Toxico
4696th Post

"Re(2):Endings" , posted Thu 26 Feb 00:05post reply

quote:
Hmm, but out of curiosity, what's the difference between '96 boss Goenitz and SVC Goenitz? And '98UM Goenitz, for that matter.

In SvC :

- Voice is different, re-recorded by the same VA.
- He Runs slowly (so no half screen quick running throw).
- He one different normal DMs (only the throw works the same).
- So normals where changed.
- He had some more lag in his moves, less damage and less victory poses , but had some few more moves, obviously, is a "not so boss" version of the other Goenitz.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Ishmael
3413th Post

"Re(1):Endings" , posted Thu 26 Feb 01:52post reply

quote:
Some things never change .... Leonhalt has a cameo ♥♥♥♥♥

Geez, the way Krauser and the others have been dropped into the background is terrible. Why does SNKP have this need to continue to do something as awful looking as that and then do something as great as have an ending where Kula and Angel play hide the lollipop?

Toxico
4697th Post

"challenges" , posted Thu 26 Feb 04:44post reply

sources

sources

E-translation (me not chinese, and doen't make that much sense; and since I can't play the game, It will stay like this until I find this in a j wiki)

01. Solutions to vote 5 times. People in our own elections, the enemy characters randomly.
02. By the body 5 times. People in our own elections, the enemy characters Bao.
03.破anti. People in our own elections, the enemy characters randomly.
04. Parry 5 times when trying to avoid. People in our own elections, the enemy character Billy, keep using the middle of playing nunchakus.
05. Energy back 5 times. People in our own elections, the enemy characters randomly.
06. 20 percent physical, full of energy state knockouts. Opponent does not attack, but will use the energy back. People in our own elections, the enemy characters randomly.
07. Opponents constantly trying to avoid their full physical, knockouts. People in our own elections, the enemy characters randomly.
08. The abolition of the use of a super-ultra-must hit each other. People in our own elections, the enemy characters randomly.
09. On the ground are usually technology> special skills> nirvana commands. People in our own elections, the enemy characters randomly.
10. A BC connection.
To complete this mission 10 after, 2000Ver.Robert can use, 11 ~ 20 mission can also choose.

11. Medium jump attack> on the ground are usually technical> nirvana commands. People in our own elections, the enemy characters randomly.
12. 4th consecutive Super Cancel. Our characters Kyo, full of energy, the enemy characters randomly.
13. The other party Whip excess use of air strike, our K, the use of bite through crows strokes.
14. The other 50 percent strength, our full energy, a set of KO batter each other. People in our own elections, the enemy characters randomly.
15. Down 4 Kyo. People in our own elections, the enemy characters randomly.
16. Down with big four kings. People in our own elections, the enemy characters randomly.
17. Our strength 0%, in Romania to eliminate refined white survival. Our figures Takuma, the enemy's C-Zero.
18. Seize the air rivals. Our figures Vice, full of energy, the use of the original 02MAX2, are ultra-02UM must 1236982A / C hit the opponent Chris.
Followed by 19.BC even MAX2. People in our own elections, the enemy characters randomly.
20. Knockdown Krisalid. People in our own elections, the enemy characters Krisalid.
Complete this mission 10 after, 2000Ver.Kenson, 21 ~ 30 Add Mission.

21. The other 70 percent strength, our full energy, a set of KO batter each other. People in our own elections, the enemy characters randomly.
22. In the steady decline in physical circumstances, down the other 3 people. Our figures 2002Ver.Kenson, random enemy characters.
23. Down with Two Zero, the enemy full of energy. People in our own elections, the enemy character Zero.
24. 20Hit over batter, should not the use of ultra-must, MAX and MAX2 super super must must. People in our own elections, the enemy characters randomly.
25. Must use super-or ultra-MAX must bring down the invisible physical opponent, reducing their strength. People in our own elections, the enemy characters randomly.
26.10 round knockouts. People in our own elections, the enemy characters randomly.
27.30 seconds to survive, they can not attack. People in our own elections, the enemy character Benimaru, MAX2 state.
28. Up and down around the case of reverse knockouts. People in our own elections, the enemy characters randomly.
29. ChoiMAX2 escaped near-death cases must Ultra 3 times. People in our own elections, the enemy characters Choi.
30. Knockdown Igniz and Rugal. People in our own elections, the enemy full of energy.

Part of the difficulty of the mission Raiders: (required, please use Ctrl + A Show)
17. Our strength 0%, in Romania to eliminate refined white survival. Our figures Takuma, the enemy's C-Zero.
Takuma use of 22C, can be completely defensive.
27.30 seconds to survive, they can not attack. People in our own elections, the enemy character Benimaru, MAX2 state.
Constantly hovering in the two versions side, it is recommended to choose Athena, Bao, Choi has triangular jump such role.
29. ChoiMAX2 escaped near-death cases must Ultra 3 times. People in our own elections, the enemy characters Choi.
Trick in his hair when broken on the list, if too late, on the AB, a good hiding.
30. Knockdown Igniz and Rugal. People in our own elections, the enemy full of energy.
Ignizi very simple, Rugal, if it is playing, however, used Bao. Rugal put after the hit version of edge, the distance between every two people, the use of 236B, can put him hanging around ... ...

Head hurts obscene voodoo dance teleport

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Spoon
1734th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):KoF2k2UM is out thread" , posted Thu 26 Feb 17:00post reply

Takuma's d,d+P NO SELL move provides literally hours of entertainment.

Toxico
4699th Post

"Site updated" , posted Thu 26 Feb 21:06:post reply

main site

five bosses included

dr's take on the bosses Shows pics of the new hiddens, Mustache zero goes hokuto ryűken on the enemy, while the original summons Ron.

EDIT 1 : Well, the only things that I cared about the update ->

Bosses can crouch. 「ばかめ!!」

Igniz's MAX2 is said to be something incredibly broken and bothersome to handle.

As rumored, Rugal's voice was reverted to that Arai Toshimitsu fellow.

EDIT 2 :

The blog says that the bosses have many new moves.

EDIT 3 :

It seems that "normal" bosses are the 4 NESTS bosses (as, you fight one of them as the 'final' boss), after that you can adquire an extra stage via special conditions with Omega Rugal. After beating him you can see the picture ending after the staff roll. I was hoping for nightmare Geese to be the extra stage.

Personal comment... while, While nightmare Geese was kinda of a surprise (as in, better than the EX Geese that everyone was grieving about), after all the paranoia and hype about the last hidden character, there it was no way that such surprise was enough. Aoi Kusanagi as Miss X will always live on our dreams

EDIT 4 :

It seems that, some full 'clear game' gameplay videos are showing up in youtube * hugs trench coat *

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 26 Feb 23:28]

karasu99
81th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Site updated" , posted Fri 27 Feb 01:22post reply

quote:

Bosses can crouch. 「ばかめ!!」

Igniz's MAX2 is said to be something incredibly broken and bothersome to handle.

The blog says that the bosses have many new moves.

This is especially interesting to me too. I've always thought that the NESTS-era were poorly and lazily implemented as playable characters in the home versions, and as such I've disliked playing as them, because they couldn't do normal things like crouch, and they often had minimal regular moves. This exempts somewhat Krizalid in 99 Evo and of course Rugal, who from the start had actual 'real character' moves, even if he is crazily overpowered.

So yeah, I'm happy about that.

quote:

Personal comment... while, While nightmare Geese was kinda of a surprise (as in, better than the EX Geese that everyone was grieving about), after all the paranoia and hype about the last hidden character, there it was no way that such surprise was enough. Aoi Kusanagi as Miss X will always live on our dreams

I'm coming around to the idea, since yes, this sounds like it's the 'boss' version of Geese, rather than just a different moveset-- or more specifically the same old other moveset. Iggy-sama's links seemed dead once I had a chance to check them, so maybe someone can confirm-- is the Nightmare Geese sprite different, or is it just plain Geese with flame effects, like in RBS? For that matter, is this RBS Nightmare Geese even?

Also-- Krizalid's new art is really good.

karasu99
83th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Site updated" , posted Fri 27 Feb 01:33:post reply

Some combo videos on Nicovideo:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6271601
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6272288
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6273797

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Fri 27 Feb 02:23]

Toxico
4699th Post

"Re(2):Site updated" , posted Fri 27 Feb 02:39post reply

quote:
Iggy's links seemed dead once I had a chance to check them, so maybe someone can confirm-- is the Nightmare Geese sprite different, or is it just plain Geese with flame effects, like in RBS? For that matter, is this RBS Nightmare Geese even?

Also-- Krizalid's new art is really good.

I remember quite clearly, it was 96's sprite with the blue aura around his feet. He goes shirtless for one move, and that's his MAX 2; just like EX Takuma.

I'll go and check youku later, currently my main priority is buying my life back from the slave traders.

Here is some 'food' for your thirsty minds, taken from KoF union :

youku 1

youku 2

short combo 1
short combo 2
short combo 3
short combo 4
short combo 5
short combo 6
short combo 7

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Toxico
4702th Post

"Special combo DVD" , posted Fri 27 Feb 11:39post reply

Youtube is quick :

Hitotsu

Futatsu

Mitsu

Yottsu

Itsutsu

The latest Youtube search also offers some more boss fights available for view

obscene voodoo dance teleport... 死ぬがいい・・・

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Amakusa
791th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Special combo DVD" , posted Fri 27 Feb 12:56post reply

quote:

The latest Youtube search also offers some more boss fights available for view

obscene voodoo dance teleport... 死ぬがいい・・・

They're just the pre-boss demos. The only battle videos I found were of Krizalid and Omega Rugal. I'm kind of interested in how the other NESTS execs are like if Krizalid is that weak.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Toxico
4704th Post

"Re(2):Special combo DVD" , posted Fri 27 Feb 13:24post reply

quote:

I'm kind of interested in how the other NESTS execs are like if Krizalid is that weak.

Well, Krizalid is completely broken, but the AI does nothing but standing theere being brain death. Since Krizalid is evaluated as lowest difficulty by that diagram, I suppose that the Zeros will be mid and Igniz will be stupidly hard to kill.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Spoon
1735th Post

"Re(3):Special combo DVD" , posted Fri 27 Feb 19:15post reply

quote:

I'm kind of interested in how the other NESTS execs are like if Krizalid is that weak.

Well, Krizalid is completely broken, but the AI does nothing but standing theere being brain death. Since Krizalid is evaluated as lowest difficulty by that diagram, I suppose that the Zeros will be mid and Igniz will be stupidly hard to kill.

Have some Nightmare Geese
http://dic.nicovideo.jp/v/sm6272339

It's not so bad as long as you stay on the offense, because the CPU doesn't block much and isn't like 2k1 Igniz that could punish you with arbitrary amounts of damage, possibly on wakeup.

Sweep, otg raging storm is pretty funny, though.

NARUTO
3698th Post

"Re(1):Site updated" , posted Fri 27 Feb 20:14post reply

quote:
while the original summons Ron.

Did you hear it?? The scream of the lost monkey in the night??

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Count Hihihi
173th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Site updated" , posted Sat 28 Feb 02:08post reply

Naluto

Kotaku Ono and the Fanboy spirit.

kofoguz
686th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Site updated" , posted Sat 28 Feb 11:11post reply

quote:
Naluto

"Le(2):Site updated" , posted Satulday 28 Feblualy 02:08post leply
Naluto

Kotaku Ono and the Fanboy spilit."

Am I Light?

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Burning Ranger
1594th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):KoF2k2UM is out thread" , posted Sun 1 Mar 05:54post reply

Meanwhile... the US will (hopefully) get KOF98UM next week. Still, I can't help but look at the presentation of 00 UM and think it's a little bit cheaply done. I mean, look at those power bars...they look like something out of a bad MUGEN game.

Also, is it me or do the character sprites seem small. Or it could very well be me, since I've been playing a lot of SF IV on a widescreen TV.

Anyway, that's probably not important anyway.

Well, at least 00 is out now. Now I wonder when it will be released in the US, if at all.

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

kofoguz
688th Post

"Re(2):KoF2k2UM is out thread" , posted Sun 1 Mar 09:51post reply

quote:
Well, at least 00 is out now. Now I wonder when it will be released in the US, if at all.

I dont get it, why do you say 00 UM? Did you say it on purpose or youre just confused?

Off topic, Iggy you were going to ask me smthng. The longer I wait the more Im afraid Ill bee incompetent about it.

End of Spoiler

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Spoon
1736th Post

"Re(4):Site updated" , posted Sun 1 Mar 13:34post reply

quote:

Am I Light?

No, you are doing it Lon.

Toxico
4715th Post

"Challenges, ver B." , posted Mon 2 Mar 11:36:post reply

I finally got to touch the game a few days ago. I got to play around with the normal challenges, which are pretty easy and took me something like 40 minutes to complete. Here they are:

Challenges :

01 : Throw escape 5 times. Remember that universal throw escape is foward or backwards with CD and needs to be inputed pretty quickly in this game. The 5 times doesn't need to be in a row.

02 : Roll recover from a sweep 5 times, similar to the one above.

03 : Guard crush an enemy and win. Unblockable moves, throws and chip damage are disabled.

04 : Perform a block -> foward roll 5 times, it doesn't have to be in a row.

05 : Perform block -> guard cancel CD 5 times. This is actually a little bit harder than the previous ones, mainly because the AI doesn't attack constantly.

06 : KO an enemy that does nothing but block -> guard CD. There are many techniques that you can use here. The easiest one that I like, is doing a punch, and cancel them into an invincible attack (like Nameless CD -> 263 + ABCD or K's C -> MAX Chain Driver).

07 : KO an enemy that does nothing but rolling. You can punish the enemy after the roll with a combo, or use one of the many attacks that can't be rolled (like Nameless MAX).

08 : Combo a close standing strong attack into a MAX (aka SDM). This should be easy with anyone.

09 : Combo a close standing strong attack -> command move -> special move. Remember that using DM won't clear the challenge.

10 : Perform a combo that includes -> attack -> BC cancel -> attack. It should be easy with everyone.

By this point, EX robert should be unlocked, along with 10 more challenges.

11 : Perform a combo of short jump strong attack -> standing strong attack -> special move.

12 : Perform a combo that uses 4 doko cancels. The character is normal Kyo. It's easy, just activate MAX mode and do Qcf + A <-> Qcf + C until the challenge is cleared.

13 : Stop Whip's short jumping CD using a 623 + punch crow bites with K' five times in a row.

14 : Kill a 50% health character with one combo. The easiest one that I can think of is Maxima : cross up C, cls C ( 1 hit), foward + A, Maxima Revenger.

15 : Defeat Kyo-1, Kyo-2, Kusanagi and Normal Kyo, with any character and one life bar. You don't heal energy in between rounds. Pretty easy.

16 : Defeat the awakened Orochi team and Goenitz with one life bar and any character. You don't heal energy in between rounds. Decently easy.

17 : Stop Clone Zero's gravity DM using Takuma's 22 + punch. Do this as soon as the round begins, and you only need to do it once.

18 : Catch Chris using Vice's Overkill. There are two ways to achieve this, try to catch Chris before the second hit of the Qcb + B conects, or after it's blocked. Both are pretty easy, but if you have trouble with this, try doing a neutral high jump as soon as the round starts and catch him with the 1236982 + punch.

19 : Do a combo of attack -> BC cancel -> attack -> MAX2. If you ask me, the easiest character to do this is Terry. Corner the enemy, do a cls C (1 hit) -> BC -> cls C -> Qcf x 2 + AC.

20 : Defeat Krizalid. He is pretty easy, just fight it out.

This should unlock EX Kensou and 10 more challenges.

21 : Perform a 70% damage combo. The easiest one I can think of is Maxima : Cross up jump C, cls A x 2, cr A, Qcf + A x 2, MAX Maxima Revenger.

22 : Using normal Kensou, you have to KO a 3 random member enemy team. You are poisoned and can't regain life between rounds. You have infinite bars, just attack and try to combo as much DMs as possible.

23 : KO Clone Zero and Original Zero with one life bar, you can't regain energy in between rounds. They don't act like they do in 1P game, just be aggressive.

24 : Perform a 20 hits combo without using DMs. For me, the easiest way to achieve this is with normal Robert. Corner the enemy, do a jumping B, cls D (1 hit), Hcf + D, foward with B, Gen'ei Kyaku. This combo doesn't work on certain characters (like the Kyos), but reselecting the mission changes the enemy, so keep trying.

25 : You can't see the enemy's life, and you must KO them with a DM. If you play a character a lot, you can tell how much damage you have done without really looking. For example, I know that doing with Maxima (jumping C, cls C (1 hit), foward + A, Qcb + A) x 2 leaves the enemy in less than 10% of life, then I just finish them up with a DM.

26 : KO an enemy in less than 10 hits. Blocked hits also count. Just select a character that has a strong 1 hit move, Like Maxima's Vapor Cannon or Chang's charge back, foward with A.

27 : Survive a 30 second round against Benimaru. You can't attack and Benimaru is always with his MAX2 active. It's easy if you select a small and quick character with triangle jump, like Choi or Athena, once the time expires, you'll win. Benimaru will try to corner you so that the damage of his MAx2 will kill you.

28 : Defeat an enemy with your controls inverted. If this puzzles you, select a character that is easy to use and plays a "hit per hit" game style, like Chang.

29 : Survive Choi's MAX2 3 times, you have 0 life. This one needs more luck than skill. There are two methos that can help you here, one is rolling the MAX2, and the other one is that, once his first MAX2 finishes, throw a slow fireball like Athena's psycho ball, if Choi second MAX2 colides with the move, that can help. If you time this incorrectly, you will get killed while you are throwing the ball.

30 : Kill Wakamoto and Rugal, you don't regain life in between rounds. Pretty easy, they are weak against cross ups.

This will unlock EX Takuma, the DEMO boss movies and the first 19 Expart challenges.

BONUS : Characters that have alternative victory portraits that I know of:

Nameless -> Win the match with his MAX2, a different pic of him and Isolde appears.

Leona -> Orochi and normal Leona have different portraits.

Kula -> KO using La cachorra or (maybe) with her MAX2 as well.

May Lee -> Hero mode and normal mode have different pics.

Kasumi -> Winning the match with her MAX2 awards the well know Kasumi + Todoh pic.

Original Zero doesn't have have a "Zero + strikers" pic, which made me a sad monkey. Iori didn't have one for his Bosou specials. I don't remember more of them by know.

I haven't checked Mai with her Leotard shinobibachi or her MAX2, neither Jhun with his stances.

EDIT:

Clearing the 1P team game will net you the Old gallery, as well as the bosses you defeated. To change what Boss you are going to fight with, you need to KO enemies with MAX2. I assume that to get Igniz you will need something like >7 or >9 MAX2 or MAX1 KOs with no character lost (that means, every fight must be won with your first in fight character). Losing characters and landing 3 or 4 MAX2 KOs always nets me a fight with Clone Zero. To fight Rugal, it seems that you must clear the game using 1 credit. To change the NESTS mid boss you fight, you need different score (the higher your score, the toughest the enemy is). According to the fight level that the game provides, Nameless is the toughest, then it's Foxy, Kula, Kusanagi, Kyo-2, and the others I don't know. Beating Igniz nets you some of the Unlimited gallery pics.

Nameless has a special intro vs Kyo and K', andother one against the NESTS bosses, and a special intro and victory pose over Kula. 其れだけ

Maxima has a new vs Kula intro.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 06/03/09 (99 personajes) <- se agregó a Nameless

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 10 Mar 09:21]

Toxico
4707th Post

"Expart challenges" , posted Tue 3 Mar 00:06:post reply

Youtube made my job easier

first 10

last 11 to 19

Whacking nightmare Geese is left to go.

EDIT :

Snk site updated with some simple and ugly wall papers

EDIT :

I watched that Nightmare Geese video... I thought that it was kinda nice how he had some more moves from Fatal Fury, like his scum gale type of throw, or how his MAX1 was exactly like his hidden "green name" desperation move from Garou Densetsu 3 (even the order of the attacks is the same )

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 3 Mar 03:36]

karasu99
83th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Special combo DVD" , posted Tue 3 Mar 03:15post reply

quote:

Have some Nightmare Geese
http://dic.nicovideo.jp/v/sm6272339

Sweep, otg raging storm is pretty funny, though.

I'm pretty impressed with N. Geese, actually. They did a good job of making him a real terror. The super-fast Reppukens and the new animation looking Jaeken are pretty sweet. The poor guy in the video just loses and loses . The blood-red raging storm after the deadly rave-ish DM is pretty silly though.

Hey, and good rendition of Geese's theme, too. Maybe my favorite since Young Geese in AOF2.

karasu99
84th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Challenges, ver B." , posted Tue 3 Mar 08:40post reply

quote:

Mai does have a special MAX2 victory portrait, where she wears a wedding dress. Youtube says so.

These are some more interesting touches, even if they are relatively silly.

Amakusa
792th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(5):Special combo DVD" , posted Tue 3 Mar 11:48post reply

quote:

Hey, and good rendition of Geese's theme, too. Maybe my favorite since Young Geese in AOF2.

I'm totally in love with Igniz's new theme.

Although I'm disappointed that Clone Zero's theme is completely new, unlike Krizalid's being a remix.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

crazymike
1493th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(6):Special combo DVD" , posted Tue 3 Mar 13:42post reply

I took a sample of the OST and I want to say it is awesome, it has a very old early 90s Sega CD/Redbook style to it with the overdrive guitars and crystally-synths. I haven't had the chance to play the game but from what i've seen SNK Playmore actually put work into this while I found 98 UM to be disappointing considering it took them how long to release it and it was low on extras and only featured a few resurrected/reworked characters.

Badoor
61th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Challenges, ver B." , posted Tue 3 Mar 15:54post reply

So I've been playing 02UM for a few days and Its great. I love the challenges, probably the most I've played ever since they started doing them in ports. I like how in max mode you can super cancel from anything and it won't use any additional stock, quite useful.

Since this game has every character from 99 to 2002 I kind of wished that they would have also added 1st form pimp suit Krizalid since I recall him having different moves than final form BDSM Krizalid.

quote:

Mai does have a special MAX2 victory portrait, where she wears a wedding dress. Youtube says so.

I think I am more interested in seeing mai's 3rd victory portrait *wink wink*

End of Spoiler

karasu99
88th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Challenges, ver B." , posted Wed 4 Mar 03:11:post reply

quote:
So I've been playing 02UM for a few days and Its great. I love the challenges, probably the most I've played ever since they started doing them in ports. I like how in max mode you can super cancel from anything and it won't use any additional stock, quite useful.

I've still waiting for it to arrive, and as such I have mixed expectations. On one hand, I'm really excited, for many of the reasons you mentioned (especially from a design/aesthetic viewpoint-- the new animations, character art, etc.), but on the other hand, I'm worried about how broken some of the additions have apparently made things.

I think I said very early on in the 2002UM discussion that 98UM had made me wonder what I had enjoyed so much in the original 98 years ago (which I played over and over for years on the DC). The more I see of 2002UM, the more I feel like it will have the opposite effect on me, that of making me really enjoy 2002, a game that I played the least in the series.

I'd like to hear Toxico-sama's (or should I say Toxico-sensei?) thoughts on how broken the game is, now that he has had a chance to examine it in some detail.

quote:
I kind of wished that they would have also added 1st form pimp suit Krizalid.

Eh, Midboss Krizalid didn't have much of a moveset, so I can't say I miss him as a playable, just like I didn't in the Dreamcast version. But I agree with you in spirit. I should note that he is by far my favorite NESTS boss, for anyone who cares to hear it.

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Wed 4 Mar 03:13]

Toxico
4708th Post

"Re(4):Challenges, ver B." , posted Wed 4 Mar 05:31:post reply

quote:
I'd like to hear Toxico's thoughts on how broken the game is, now that he has had a chance to examine it in some detail.

I was thinking on revealing my thoughts about the game some time later... since a question popped up out of no where, I'll comply with it.

"Broken"? well, most of it is obvious for some characters, but How much broken it is? Hmmmm, that's hard to tell now, I have only truly gone through one sweaty, wild violent night of physical contact with the 2P feature of the game. All in all, balance wise it does feel like an SNK game (where some characters are just a little to much for no apparent reason, while others are just... way out there, also for no apparent reason). These where my exact expectations for the game from the start, not a balanced game, but many ups and downs within the cast with some interesting things in the middle (like in, every other KoF). K', Lin, Bao, Nameless and Foxy are in the... it's just a little too much league.

Some characters, however, surprised me quite possitively. Maxima is less frustrating to use, despise being essentially the same. Kasumi is much, much more interesting that she was in 2k, Benimaru is also a little bit more interesting, Hinako kept most of what made her "her", Original Kyo is no longer the weakest character of the game , and not only him, but also the clones are decently interesting.

It is very notisable that characters have more life, which is pretty good. And speed feels pretty much the same, which is also good.

Currently, to me, it feels much better fun wise than any other KoF game that I can remember right now, but I suppose we should try to tackle how easy are some of the broken MAX doko cancel combos before saying this. For the moment, when I think "who is the most bothersome" many names pop up to my head, but if I think Who is the weakest I can't really think of anyone in particular... This is actually a big improvement for an SNK game.

Direction wise, I have mixed fellings with the game. Aside from this game, I haven't been satisfied with an SNK sountrack since 1996 (And that's marvelous). Stage wise, some scenes are pretty catchy, "cute" and cool, while some other feel bland, or really have nothing to do with the team (Yagami on greece? K' on Neo Geo World? I don't think so). Of course, I shouldn't even need to comment about the art work.

One of my main gripes with the game is that... strangely, they didn't 'rehash' as much as they could. (For example, they brought back Jhun vs Choi intro from '99, but not the Chang vs Kim intro from that game). Similar to that effect, many characters had 3 or more victory poses at one point, but now they only have 2, I doubt it would have been much work copy pasting some of those lost poses and adding them to the game. There is even the chance that the current team isn't even aware of what's missing and what not from old games, in that regard

Iggy, being the part time fashion cop that he is, managed to describe the game perfectly previously, to quote : "Lots of things to say, half "that looks good!" and half "what the hell is WRONG with you, Hakase!""

quote:

I kind of wished that they would have also added 1st form pimp suit Krizalid.

--------------------------------------

Eh, Midboss Krizalid didn't have much of a moveset, so I can't say I miss him as a playable

He had a purple standing fireball (similar to Igniz standing fireball) and an air dive Kick. His normal moves where all the same or almost the same that the ones of his second form. He didn't speaked much, aside from some laughs (that the second form didn't have). Well, I was expecting the coated form to appear in his MAX2 or something, but unfortunately; that wasn't the case. Trench coat Krizalid can only be seen in his vs Nameless intro (it's his '99 intro) and as Original Zero Striker.

obscene voodoo dance teleport

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 03/03/09 (99 personajes) <- se agregó Nameless

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 4 Mar 06:03]

Burning Ranger
1596th Post

"Re(3):KoF2k2UM is out thread" , posted Wed 4 Mar 06:36post reply

quote:
I dont get it, why do you say 00 UM? Did you say it on purpose or youre just confused?

That was a typo on my part. I wanted to say "02 UM."

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

Pollyanna
2651th Post

"Re(4):KoF2k2UM is out thread" , posted Wed 4 Mar 08:33post reply

I don't have anything extraordinary to add, but I want to talk about the game all the same, because I'm enjoying it.

I'll be interested to see what kind of tier list the game has. I don't really get wrapped up in that sort of thing, but I'm always interested in the why and how.

It's taken me years of playing KOF XI to get used to all the little quirks (mostly odd hitboxes on stuff) and my experience with the original 02 was fairly limited, so UM has been just...complete insanity thus far. I don't know what's good, what's bad, what's abusable and what works where. The huge cast complicates that, but I can see myself playing the game for long enough to figure it out.

I probably could've played KOF XI until the end of time, but I'm happy to escape Gato's tyranny for a while, at least until something else obnoxious comes up.

I loooooove the soundtrack, but the Fatal Fury theme totally needs to go. I think I might have to initiate a "don't start with a FF Team character" rule.

Also, I wasted so much time on the "poisoned" Kensou challenge by eating nikuman repeatedly.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

kofoguz
690th Post

"Re(5):Challenges, ver B." , posted Wed 4 Mar 12:00post reply

quote:
(Yagami on italy? K' on Neo Geo World? I don't think so). Of course, I shouldn't even need to comment about the art work.

Not necessary but fixed.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

karasu99
93th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):KoF2k2UM is out thread" , posted Fri 6 Mar 07:22post reply

So I finally had a brief lunch break chance to play the game, and I found it to be pretty enjoyable.

It's very polished seeming compared to 98UM, and I've enjoyed so far the background cameos in the stages I've seen (Roddy and Kathy, hooray!).

Of course trying out Nameless was a priority. Having never been a K9999 player, I can only say that he seems relatively similar move-wise, except for his MAX2, and obviously he doesn't have many of K9999's weird flourishes like walking away from the opponent with his back to them etc., but (and here I am asking for a comparison as usual) does anyone want to explain the differences between the two? And by anyone, I probably mean Toxico-sama

Otherwise, yeah, the OST is great! I may have to investigate purchasing it (a first for a KOF game for me).

Toxico
4712th Post

"KoF 2002 > SF IV" , posted Fri 6 Mar 11:48post reply

According to gpara's weekly sale sharts

quote:

.... and obviously he doesn't have many of K9999's weird flourishes like walking away from the opponent with his back to them etc., but (and here I am asking for a comparison as usual) does anyone want to explain the differences between the two?

Che, moments like these make me realize that I have this bothersome habit of answering to questions when I'm asked to.

Game play wise, they are pretty close, except some major and minor beef ups. Even his Zetsu DM has the same ability that the temee mo ochimae of hitting twice per attack at certain ranges.

Concept and desing wise, they are slightly different.

K49 doesn't "rely" much in fire (only for 2 moves). Nameless uses fire for virtually every move, K49 fire was "the same" than the other characters, Nameless fire is "darker" , slight unimportant difference.

K49 mutated his arm into many things, Nameless only changes it to a drill and a hammer. Nameless has this little quirk as well, where he has to "remove" his white glove to perform the fire using moves, this is really hard to see since most of the moves are pretty quick.

K49 is a villain, with not much more objective than... being a villain and screw up the goody two shoes. Nameless started out as "obeying evil orders", but seems to come to displease this. Kinda like the vibe that you get from that "black ranger" that starts out as an evil guy, to later only wanting to lick off pink's ranger sweaty neck. This mainly gets represented on their speeches, poses and actitude.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 03/03/09 (99 personajes) <- se agregó Nameless

Iron D
3182th Post

"Re(1):KoF 2002 > SF IV" , posted Fri 6 Mar 14:40post reply

quote:
According to gpara's weekly sale sharts

Is this compared to SFIV's week one sales? Because comparing a new game's chart position to that of a game that has already been out for what...a month in Japan? Not a good indicator.

Er.....

Pollyanna
2653th Post

"Re(2):KoF 2002 > SF IV" , posted Fri 6 Mar 16:37post reply

quote:

Is this compared to SFIV's week one sales? Because comparing a new game's chart position to that of a game that has already been out for what...a month in Japan? Not a good indicator.

Just this week, although it doesn't list SFIV's total sales.

On a semi-related note, going from KOF to SF and back again is killing me. I played KOF almost exclusively for years, so it took me a week to get into SF at all. Then I go back to KOF and suddenly I totally suck! On the upside, I'm better than I've ever been at SF...although that doesn't say much.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Zepy
1528th Post

"Re(2):KoF 2002 > SF IV" , posted Fri 6 Mar 19:20post reply

Street Fighter 4 first week sales
Xbox 360: 34,000
PS3: 85,000
Total: 121,000

Fate/Unlimited codes first week sales: 83,000

Arcana Heart first week: 25,000

Doki doki majo shinpan first week: 25,000

Doki doki majo shinpan 2 first week: 19,000

King of Fighters 2002 UM first week: 19,000

King of Fighters 98 UM first week: 17,000

chazumaru
667th Post

"Re(3):KoF 2002 > SF IV" , posted Fri 6 Mar 19:55post reply

Street Fighter EX+a (PS) first week: 107,910
Street Fighter Zero3 (PS) first week: 271,334
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike (DC) first week: 37,608
Street Fighter EX3 (PS2) first week: 76,389

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Iron D
3183th Post

"Re(4):KoF 2002 > SF IV" , posted Fri 6 Mar 21:18post reply

quote:

I'm going to blame the EX games outselling 3S on the DC being a not-so-popular console. That HAS to be it.

Er.....

Time Mage
2764th Post

"Re(4):KoF 2002 > SF IV" , posted Fri 6 Mar 21:31post reply

quote:

I'm crying right now ;_;

"News flash big guy: You can wax on wax off all you want I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"

Ishmael
3424th Post

"Re(5):RgG3 > KoF 2002" , posted Sat 7 Mar 00:42post reply

quote:

I'm crying right now ;_;

My guess is that people were far more attached to Chun-Li's safe crouching into SA2 and Aegis Reflector silliness than anyone at Capcom had anticipated.

kofoguz
692th Post

"Re(4):KoF 2002 > SF IV" , posted Sat 7 Mar 01:50post reply

quote:

Well then, I assume that times, fighters are more popular than now.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Nekros
164th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):KoF 2002 > SF IV" , posted Sat 7 Mar 03:24post reply

quote:

going from KOF to SF and back again is killing me. I played KOF almost exclusively for years, so it took me a week to get into SF at all. Then I go back to KOF and suddenly I totally suck! On the upside, I'm better than I've ever been at SF...although that doesn't say much.

Ahhhh yes, so you're weak at SF and strong at KOF.
I'm having a nightmare, right? ^_-
I'm really SCARED thinking about have a match or two with you at KOFXII this summer....

Speaking of sales, KOF and SF are different brands with different target of users. SF is for a more wide audience, especially the 4th one. KOF is essentially aimed at core gamers (deep gameplay, hard trials and next gen sprite based engine) that are only a small portion of the market.

Red Falcon
6071th Post

"Re(5):KoF 2002 > SF IV" , posted Sat 7 Mar 06:05post reply

3S was a huge flop and a financial failure until a grass roots movement made it popular at a much later date, I thought people knew that.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Time Mage
2765th Post

"Re(6):KoF 2002 > SF IV" , posted Sat 7 Mar 07:22post reply

quote:
3S was a huge flop and a financial failure until a grass roots movement made it popular at a much later date, I thought people knew that.

Well, yes, but it's always horrible to see such low numbers.

"News flash big guy: You can wax on wax off all you want I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"

Iron D
3184th Post

"Re(7):KoF 2002 > SF IV" , posted Sat 7 Mar 20:23post reply

quote:

Well, yes, but it's always horrible to see such low numbers.

Ditto.

I do find it interesting that this is the topic, of all the topics currently active, that brought Rugal out of semi-retirement. Heh.

Er.....

Tai-Pan
352th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):KoF 2002 > SF IV" , posted Sun 8 Mar 01:26post reply

quote:

Che, moments like these make me realize that I have this bothersome habit of answering to questions when I'm asked to.

CHE?!?!

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Toxico
4714th Post

"Re(2):KoF 2002 > SF IV" , posted Sun 8 Mar 03:19post reply

quote:

CHE?!?!

"chi" es una expresión de desdén válida en el espańol chileno; pero como no es reconocida tiene bastantes derivaciones, entre ellas "chuu", que es más como de tedio (por ej una madre reclamandole algo al hijo), y el che, que es un poco más grocera / implica enojo.

Coincidentemente me parece que el uso en japonés es algo similar, sin embargo yo usaba "che", "chi", "Chuu" y otras antes de tener acceso a televisión, anime o subtítulos. Los gringos me parece que también tienen varias similares Tche

OT : Ah, y me parece que alguna vez preguntaste "por que se llama super argentine backbreaker", pues.... explanation

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Tai-Pan
353th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):KoF 2002 > SF IV" , posted Sun 8 Mar 04:00post reply

quote:

CHE?!?!

"chi" es una expresión de desdén válida en el espańol chileno; pero como no es reconocida tiene bastantes derivaciones, entre ellas "chuu", que es más como de tedio (por ej una madre reclamandole algo al hijo), y el che, que es un poco más grocera / implica enojo.

Coincidentemente me parece que el uso en japonés es algo similar, sin embargo yo usaba "che", "chi", "Chuu" y otras antes de tener acceso a televisión, anime o subtítulos. Los gringos me parece que también tienen varias similares Tche

OT : Ah, y me parece que alguna vez preguntaste "por que se llama super argentine backbreaker", pues.... explanation

Ohh..i thought you were using the argentinian "Che". Oh anad thanks for the info about the backbreaker. I've been waiting for something like that for YEARS. Thanks

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

mbisonhatclub
116th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Challenges, ver B." , posted Tue 10 Mar 06:52post reply

quote:
11 : Perform a combo of jumping strong attack -> standing strong attack -> special move.

Because of this, I kept doing the wrong thing, so I'm going to clarify this challenge. It's a "mid-jump" or "hyperhop" (tap down then tap up+fwd) and not just any regular jump.

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Toxico
4716th Post

"Re(2):Challenges, ver B." , posted Tue 10 Mar 09:21:post reply

quote:
11 : Perform a combo of jumping strong attack -> standing strong attack -> special move.
Because of this, I kept doing the wrong thing, so I'm going to clarify this challenge. It's a "mid-jump" or "hyperhop" (tap down then tap up+fwd) and not just any regular jump.

Ups めんご めんご ♥ (edited it).

For the record, playing around with the expert challenges, well, I chickened out from some, and used macros to clear some "insane max mode combos with characters that you have never ever cared about, and you can't care to practice with". I got one of the macros that I lacked here, and was the one for Leona., however, the other macro that I needed, (the one for Iori), is not made correctly there, it's the one for Expert 11.

If I remember it / wrote it down correctly, the Iori macro that I used was :

B(1) , N(4) 632146A, N(73), 6 N 6(8), A, N(3), 632146A, N(73), 6 N 6(8), A, N (3), 632146 (73), 6 N 6(8), A, N(3), 632146A, N(73) 6 N 6(8), C(1), N(6), [BC](3), 6 N 6 (13), C(3), N(3), 6321[4D](4), N(20), 62[3C](4), N(17), 21 [4C](4), N(20), 62[3C](4), N(17), 236321[4AC](4).

It was, scum gale comboed x4, (D HCB <-> C Uppercut) x2, MAX yaotome.

It's thought to work on the middle of the stage. Also; I don't remember If I had to modify the Leona macro, I think I did.

Oh, and Nightmare Geese was specially easy with Maxima :P and aside from everything, you also unlock the "same character" option in the battle settings. Oh, and the UM gallery has some concept art of Isolde (very few) and Nameless (much more).

1P game "secrets" :

Notes -> "Clear stage with XX move" : win the last fight of the stage with that move, for example against a team, the first 2 enemies can be killed as whatever you feel like it, but the third enemy must be killed with the move that the condition requests.

Mid boss
Getting an S rank mid boss : Clear 2 stages using MAX2 moves.
Getting a AAA rank mid boss : Clear 3 (or was it 4?) stages with MAX moves.
Getting a AA rank mid boss : Clear 2 stages using MAX modes, or clear 1 stage using a MAX2 move.
Getting an A rank : Fail any of the above conditions.

Conditions don't overlap; so, clearing one stage with a MAX2 move and then clearing 2 stages with a MAX move will nail you a AA fight. You didn't "improve" the condition by clearing it / doing it twice, in different ways.

FIGHTS : S rank -> Nameless, AAA -> Kula, AA -> Foxy or Angel, A -> clones.
I think that playing with certain teams, changes enemies from the ranks. For exmaple, playing with the NESTS team will make Kusanagi the AAA fight, Kyo 2 the AA fight and Kyo 1 the A rank. Playing with the clones, will make Kula AAA, Foxy AA and Angel the A rank. I need to double check this last statement.

Boss
Fight Igniz : Use no continues, and clear stage 5 with a MAX2 move.
Fight Zero : Use no continues, and clear stage 5 with a MAX move.
Fight Captain (?) Zero : use no continues, and clear stage 5 with a DM move.
Fight Krizalid : Fail on any of the above conditions.

Special stage

Notes -> "Getting KOed", let's say that you are playing K's team against Igniz, You lost with K', then with Maxima and then clear the stage with Whip, that meant that you got 2 characters KOed.

Fight Rugal : Use no continues, and clear the main game without getting more than 3 characters KOed. I'm not sure if 3 is the minimal number; but I read about this in some random jp board.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 10 Mar 09:27]

mbisonhatclub
117th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Challenges, ver B." , posted Tue 10 Mar 16:58post reply

Can you explain expert challenge 4 for me? Does the combo for Bao have to be exactly as in that youtube video, because I acquired a 26+ hit combo with him in a different way, but it didn't clear, and I can't really tell what he's doing specifically in the video.

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Toxico
4716th Post

"Re(4):Challenges, ver B." , posted Wed 11 Mar 04:43post reply

quote:
Can you explain expert challenge 4 for me? Does the combo for Bao have to be exactly as in that youtube video, because I acquired a 26+ hit combo with him in a different way, but it didn't clear, and I can't really tell what he's doing specifically in the video.

It's not the amount of hits, but rather what you have to do what is set by the challenge, if I remember correctly, it was MAX -> MAX2 -> super cancel. Doing combos with things "in other order" won't clear the challenge.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Pollyanna
2654th Post

"Re(4):KoF 2002 > SF IV" , posted Wed 11 Mar 19:27post reply

Are there any good match videos out? I didn't want to weed through a bunch of mediocre ones. I'm not high level or anything, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything obvious.

It really is nice how all the characters seem strong in their own way...or rather, they feel like they're "at their strongest". Heidern is being very disagreeable to me, though. As in...he's totally destroying me.

aaaaand

quote:

Ahhhh yes, so you're weak at SF and strong at KOF.
I'm having a nightmare, right? ^_-
I'm really SCARED thinking about have a match or two with you at KOFXII this summer....

I can't possibly be GOOD at SFIV, I lose too much! I lost like...1500BP over a period of two days! I mean, I got most of it back, but it's not as easy to win online as it used to be. For a while there I was getting 20+ win streaks no problem. Now, fighting Blanka or Guile is almost a guaranteed loss. Zangief is 50/50 at best.

At any rate, I wouldn't be afraid, since my KOF skills seem to be rapidly decreasing. By the time XII comes out, I'll be lucky if I can throw a fireball.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Nekros
165th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):KoF 2002 > SF IV" , posted Thu 12 Mar 06:39post reply

quote:
it's not as easy to win online as it used to be. For a while there I was getting 20+ win streaks no problem. Now, fighting Blanka or Guile is almost a guaranteed loss. Zangief is 50/50 at best.

Sure, the majority of casual users drop the game in favor of another one, so what remains is the core fans of the series. It's natural selection, isn't it? ^_-

I'm so releved that those noob Kens will vanish soon.

Toxico
4717th Post

"Site updated" , posted Fri 13 Mar 00:41post reply

main site

complete selection screen

movie

one new wallpaper

Dr's take on the secret characters

The one thing that I cared about the update, was that he clarified how to get the hidden 1p game fights:

For the Nests bosses, I was right (however, it seems that you can use continues) :

Fight Igniz : clear stage 5 with a MAX2 move.
Fight Zero : clear stage 5 with a MAX move.
Fight Captain (?) Zero : clear stage 5 with a DM move.
Fight Krizalid : Fail on any of the above conditions.

For Omega Rugal : Beat the NESTS boss with 2 characters or less.

For the mid bosses :

Getting an S rank mid boss : Clear 2 stages using MAX2 moves. Fight : Nameless
Getting a AAA rank mid boss : Clear 3 stages with MAX moves. Fight : Kula
Getting an A rank : Clear 3 stages using DMs.
Getting a AA rank mid boss : Fail any of the above conditions. Fight : Angel or Foxy.

The priority for the conditions is : 1st Nameless, 2nd Kula, 3rd clones, lastly Fox-gel. I'm not sure if I'm reading everything perfectly , I'll check later when my hard drive doesn't give signs of becoming a huge, malicious ball of evil green fire.

quote:
Are there any good match videos out? I didn't want to weed through a bunch of mediocre ones. I'm not high level or anything, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything obvious.

I have seen a lot, unfortunately, most of the uploaded videos record players who's main tactic and whole core of play is winning by time out. (I have only checked eng sites though).

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Toxico
4725th Post

"Site updated (and it's kinda interesting)" , posted Sun 5 Apr 00:30post reply

main site

The Dr speaks of things that could not be included in the game

Things like un-used moves, stages (night time kyokugen & freezed clone lab where pretty nice).

He also speaks of other minor issues of the game, it's a pretty nice and cosmetic update.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Spoon
1748th Post

"Re(1):Site updated (and it's kinda interestin" , posted Wed 8 Apr 11:31post reply

quote:
main site

The Dr speaks of things that could not be included in the game

Things like un-used moves, stages (night time kyokugen & freezed clone lab where pretty nice).

He also speaks of other minor issues of the game, it's a pretty nice and cosmetic update.

I'm really, really disappointed that the CvS2 stage wasn't put into the game.

THIS IS THE TRUE LOVE MAKING

nobinobita
502th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Site updated (and it's kinda interestin" , posted Thu 9 Apr 02:59post reply

quote:

THIS IS THE TRUE LOVE MAKING

-THIS IS THE TRULOVE MAKING!
-THIS IS THE TRULOVE MAKING!!

Toxico
4736th Post

"Site updated" , posted Sat 9 May 15:56post reply

Yes, I don't get bored of this and I check the site one or twice a week.

main site

arcade flyer The game will run on a new board (system board Y2).

Unless they add things, using a strong (?) board for the game doesn't make any sense at all. Also, I suspect that the hardware change will mess up the emulation and will create some stupid bugs.

Wasn't Isolde's hair white? or light blue close to white? Maybe she can switch it like Kula

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 08/05/09 (99 personajes)

Toxico
4745th Post

"..." , posted Sun 14 Jun 14:39post reply

quote:

どうぞ <- credit : orochinagi.

I need a drink.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Toxico
4762th Post

"New stages for the arcade version" , posted Sat 25 Jul 07:38post reply

Which has been out for a while in japan, actually.

main page

article

I wonder if this could spell in the long run that there will be.... further balance patches / bonus "versions" for console releases with online mode and what not.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・