My xbox got stolen :( - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2273 Views )

crazymike
1489th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"My xbox got stolen :(" , posted Wed 25 Feb 04:28post reply

ALONG with my Ps3, some jerk broke into my apartment and took both and nothing else.

I know some of the cafers have my 360 ID

it is

solid12345

Is it possible for Microsoft to hunt them down by IP by chance? Or send a message to whoever gets it saying it is stolen if it is re-sold? Need any ideas on how to go about this.

Replies:

GekigangerV
1616th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):My xbox got stolen :(" , posted Wed 25 Feb 06:44post reply

quote:
ALONG with my Ps3, some jerk broke into my apartment and took both and nothing else.

it is

solid12345

Is it possible for Microsoft to hunt them down by IP by chance? Or send a message to whoever gets it saying it is stolen if it is re-sold? Need any ideas on how to go about this.

do you still have a controller? Maybe you can get lucky and the guy is in the apartment complex and you can track it down like in this case

Link Here

nobinobita
483th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):My xbox got stolen :(" , posted Wed 25 Feb 17:00post reply

I don't have any useful advice, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry shitty things like this happen. I really hope you get your Xbox back somehow.

crazymike
1490th Post

"Re(2):My xbox got stolen :(" , posted Thu 26 Feb 00:05post reply

An update to this story. The next day I was at home, my backdoor window was still broken and i had zombie barricaded it with a table, chairs and wood planks.

I was taking a nap and i heard something in my kitchen. I get up thinking it was the landlord's fix-it guy, instead i walk in to find a complete stranger standing in my living room. He asked me "who are you?!" and i'm like "I live here!!!"

He told me to go wait in the living room and I did, went to my front door and got out for a minute, waited for him to leave and called the cops.

I am a non-violent person by nature but I wish I had had a gun of some sort, i'm just lucky i didn't get attacked. And right now I am furious a t my landlord, she said she was going to have my door fixed that day, she never even called the repair man from what he told my neighbor who had his number.

I gathered all my stuff last night and moved out.

Mokona
466th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):My xbox got stolen :(" , posted Thu 26 Feb 00:48:post reply

Wow, totally uncool! I'm sorry for you, man.

I want to point out that you did the best thing possible in the situation (i.e. do what the guy told you to and avoid further confrontation). Don't let anyone tell you shit like "You shoulda jumped the mothaf**er, ninja-style"; that would have only gotten you in the hospital (or worse...).

Blah!

[this message was edited by Mokona on Thu 26 Feb 00:49]

karasu99
80th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):My xbox got stolen :(" , posted Thu 26 Feb 01:05post reply

quote:
I gathered all my stuff last night and moved out.

It's probably for the best. Honestly, if your landlord couldn't fix things right away so that you had to resort to zombie barricading, it's better to leave if you can.

Ishmael
3412th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):My xbox got stolen :(" , posted Thu 26 Feb 01:44post reply

While this is a bad situation all around I am impressed at the speed with which you were able to vacate your place. With all the books, records, games -not to mention clothes and furniture- that I have it would take me at least a day or so to get all my possessions packed, much less moved. So not only do I salute your efficient moving skills but I find myself appalled at how much useless shit I own.

Digitalboy
588th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):My xbox got stolen :(" , posted Thu 26 Feb 08:03post reply

What city do you live right now?

I think the Professor should mandate all MMCafe members to have a fire arm. We can call this Mad Man Proposition 1!
quote:

it is

solid12345

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Maou
1600th Post

"Re(2):My xbox got stolen :(" , posted Thu 26 Feb 09:09:post reply

Nah, I'm more for being prepared in general. You can join my mate Dave's intramural zombie hunting league to show invaders you mean business/are always prepared for disaster. Casual invaders would flee if they knew you were already prepared to kill zombies, let alone normal burglers.

Edit: PS: poor Crazy Mike. This does seem like a vaguely Metro City thing to have happen, per your signature. GOVERNOR HAGGAR would never let this happen to you

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Thu 26 Feb 09:11]

ONSLAUGHT
3796th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):My xbox got stolen :(" , posted Thu 26 Feb 13:20post reply

This reminds me about my own experience a few years ago. Among other things, my Gamecube and my PS2 (the fat model) got stolen as well.

What I recomend you, is reporting it to Microsoft, give them the serial number of your console (I don't know if this in the manual or in the box, besides being on the console). Once these bastards get the Red Ring of Death they will try to get it repaired through MS Consumer service, and that's when you might get it back.

I presume it was one of your neighborgs/pals, because it seems they went with the specific intention of stealing the consoles, and not your PC/Laptop, TV and etcetera.

In any case, good luck man, I know how it feels, but at least you're OK, and that's what counts.

catalyst
448th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):My xbox got stolen :(" , posted Thu 26 Feb 23:07post reply

Sorry that this had happened to you mike, I am glad your safe. As much as the confrontation of meeting that completely different stranger was I am glad nothing happened at all.

I have to agree with onslaught on this case that it is most likely friends of friends going after specific items.

Even though it is a little late I would invest some time looking into whatever state laws you have in terms of what you can do in terms of self defense and protection.

Another option is to talk and befriend with police officers and ask for advice. Some states have funny laws in terms of self defense.

Albeit, you did take the best situation which is listening and following directions in a calm and rationale manner. But, I would definitely keep in mind another approach just in case if option B is your only choice left.

This song is so true

crazymike
1491th Post

"Re(2):My xbox got stolen :(" , posted Fri 27 Feb 13:40post reply

Thanks for all the concern guys, been a crazy last few days. Yeah it is amazing I packed mostly everything in one night and got out, the most important thing was my computer since all my work files are on that. Just need to go back for the furniture this weekend.

Unfortunately I never did write down my serial number, honestly the Xbox isn't the biggest loss as it has come down in price so much recently but the PS3 I got hit the hardest, I had the rare 60GB with full backwards compatibility, got it cheap off ebay from a soccer mom who wasn't out to gouge or make a profit. Sadly sales like that don't come around too often.

The most important thing though is I have my life, no game system is worth more than that.

Maou
1600th Post

"Re(3):My xbox got stolen :(" , posted Fri 27 Feb 13:46post reply

quote:

The most important thing though is I have my life, no game system is worth more than that.

True! Though sometimes I look at a Turbo Duo and think, "Just maybe..."

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

nobinobita
486th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):My xbox got stolen :(" , posted Fri 27 Feb 15:02post reply

quote:

Mike, I feel your pain. I'm glad you have a good perspective on things though.

I was car jacked at gunpoint 2 years ago in front of my buddy's house. It was rather unpleasant, though not as bad as I thought it would be. He was just like "give me your keys and your money" and I was like "ok dude, here you go" and then he left. It was curiously unemotional, like giving someone a mandatory valentine's day card in grade school.

Thankfully no one was hurt and the police were able to recover my car within the week. Since I don't usually carry cash and I canceled my cards I didn't lose anything except for the bag of Cheetos that I had been saving. The bastard left a single uneaten Cheetoh on the drivers seat.

The Cheetos... I was saving those (>_<!)

I was pretty paranoid that the car jacker or his friends would come back, but I was never followed up with any other criminal activity. The police assured me that since it was just a random robbery it's unlikely they'd strike the same place again. No reason to. So far they've been right, although I think you were right to get out of there as fast as you could.

I'm sorry for your losses, but I'm glad you have your health and are appreciative of that!

ktallguy
1086th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(4):My xbox got stolen :(" , posted Mon 2 Mar 18:18post reply

Yea, glad you're safe mike, that's some scary shit.
I hope everything works out for you somehow.

Play to win.

Professor
2530th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):My xbox got stolen :(" , posted Wed 11 Mar 03:19post reply

By God, that is quite scary. But it's a good thing you've still got your life, which is the most important thing. I hope things have somewhat settled for you by now...