Looking for Shops (in NY and Washington) - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1132 Views )

Toxico
4658th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Looking for Shops (in NY and Washington)" , posted Wed 4 Feb 12:29post reply

Humans, the issue is as follows : One of my closest cohorts is speding some time in the US, and he can have perfect (but short lived) freedom in those areas (mainly NY). Of course, in a similar fashion to 母をたずねて三千里 (Marco) he doesn't even know how traffic lights works. And as thus, any kind of advice on where good deals on merchandise, or official retailers are located would be much appreciated.

What we are looking for are addresses for shops where you could get :

Marvel toys (both, generic low price figures as well as collectable items).
Marvel shows (dvd releases for movies, or series or new series (he is specially interested in Wolverine and the X-men seassons).
And (of course) video game stores.

I command you, angry and / or happy costumers, to step foward and share.

PS : knowing that there it was a Fessenden street put a smile in my face.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 28/01/09 (96 personajes)

Replies:

Maou
1588th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Looking for Shops (in NY and Washington" , posted Wed 4 Feb 14:17:post reply

Toxico! So, store attack. Let's see. Don't know much about American comics, but I do know that Forbidden Planet in New York has a big selection of comics from all regions, as well as several display cases and racks of various toys, Japanese and American, from standard action figures to crazy huge things. Must be some Marvel guys in there somewhere.

Dunno about game stores (most are gone or in Chinatown, and most are dumb and overpriced), but Chinatown Fair Arcade is a damn good place to play video games on the East Coast...it's also the only good place to play video games on the East Coast. Chinatown's excellent anyway, and your buddy could stop in assorted toy stores while he's there at the arcade.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 4 Feb 14:21]