Tekken Bloodline Rebellion - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1669 Views )

Maese Spt
467th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"Tekken Bloodline Rebellion" , posted Wed 21 Jan 10:28post reply

...is anybody playing it?

I didn't even know it was already out when I stumbled upon it the other day at my local arcade. Its main point of attraction for me this time are not Heihachi's diapers, but that new stage based on the tomatina festival, which is even more lovely and gorgeous than the pig farm of the previous game.

Replies:

Grave
1161th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Tekken Bloodline Rebellion" , posted Wed 21 Jan 12:03post reply

Until the console version gets here (END OF 2009 LOL die namco), this doesn't exist to me. I'm still pissed that they somehow expected SC4 to hold everyone over, or maybe they thought we were going to keep playing DR at home indefinitely? Regardless, I wasn't thrilled when they announced that and I expect I'll continue to be not thrilled even when it's out, but we'll see.

Oroch
1050th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Tekken Bloodline Rebellion" , posted Wed 21 Jan 13:17post reply

quote:

I didn't even know it was already out when I stumbled upon it the other day at my local arcade. Its main point of attraction for me this time are not Heihachi's diapers, but that new stage based on the tomatina festival, which is even more lovely and gorgeous than the pig farm of the previous game.

meh

Iron D
3154th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Tekken Bloodline Rebellion" , posted Wed 21 Jan 14:09post reply

quote:

meh

I didn't realize that it was already out either, but then again I haven't even played Tekken 6. Damn Namco and their super-limited release. I'm still having to satisfy my Tekkenocity by still regularly playing Dark Resurrection.

Bob sure looks like he'll be a blast to play as.

Er.....

Pollyanna
2626th Post

"Re(2):Tekken Bloodline Rebellion" , posted Wed 21 Jan 17:44post reply

quote:
Until the console version gets here (END OF 2009 LOL die namco), this doesn't exist to me. I'm still pissed that they somehow expected SC4 to hold everyone over, or maybe they thought we were going to keep playing DR at home indefinitely?

Hahaha...funny you say that. I think my exact quote was "what, do they expect us to keep playing SC4 until then?"

Somehow I got it in my head that the game was coming out in March, and I thought "oh yay, new Tekken", then I watched the new(ish) trailer, checked out the website and began cursing Namco. I'm not even a Tekken fan! What's wrong with me?

Speaking of SC4, I'd actually love to play it some more, but the online setup was too bothersome with its frequent connection errors and people with bad connections insisting on playing with you. That and I am the worst SC player in the entire world, thus adding to the frustration of trying to find a good fight. I would imagine that only people who are actually decent are playing now, so I haven't bothered returning to the game.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Iggy
8817th Post

"Re(3):Tekken Bloodline Rebellion" , posted Wed 21 Jan 19:22post reply

I could give it a shot if it was released now and was a complete experience, but it will be released in 10 months, and even if I still care by then, most of the customizations will be DLC so I'll probably pass.

Pollyanna
2627th Post

"Re(4):Tekken Bloodline Rebellion" , posted Wed 21 Jan 21:55post reply

quote:
most of the customizations will be DLC so I'll probably pass.

Now now, I doubt that. You could unlock 100% of the customization stuff in the last Tekken and 98% of the costume stuff in Soul Calibur. I'm sure they'll have ridiculous (possibly holiday-themed) home-version DLC stuff, but probably not enough to break the deal.

Speaking of negative impressions of DLC, I wonder if we'll see a home port of the new VF5. With the last one, you had to pay for so-called DLC that was already on the disc and you were still missing tons and tons of stuff that was in the arcade version. I was hoping the new arcade version would motivate them to make a quick and dirty port, but I'm not sure that the first one sold well enough to warrant that.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Tai-Pan
347th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Tekken Bloodline Rebellion" , posted Thu 22 Jan 03:29post reply

SC can't hold my attention for more than half an hour. It sucks big time as a fighting game.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Ktallguy
1073th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Tekken Bloodline Rebellion" , posted Thu 22 Jan 05:36post reply

Tekken 6 to me is basically the below:

Safe launcher, hit, hit, ground slam, hit, hit, knock into wall, hit, hit, ground slam, hit, hit, low attack.

It's still better than Soul Calibur, though.
And I love the animation and style in T6, just can't get into the gameplay.

Play to win.

Ishmael
3381th Post

"Re(3):Tekken Bloodline Rebellion" , posted Thu 22 Jan 06:03post reply

It's too bad it will be ages before I get a chance to marvel at Heihachi's clothes in T6. Even though I'm not expecting much out of the game engine and I suspect Namco will try to pull more monkey business such as trying to trick players into paying for characters that are already in the game I still find I want to give the game a shot. I seem to remember hearing that T6 was kept from home release for a longer stretch in order to placate arcade owners who were burned on T5. Hopefully the arcade revenues offset the loss of hype that came with the intial release of the game.

Speaking of questionable Namco fighters, could someone elaborate on the dismal reaction that SC4 is getting in this thread? I recently picked up a copy of the game and while there are things I'm not thrilled about with the title I'm not a proficient enough SC player to know what's great and what's not.

At the moment I'm trying to get enough equipment so I can cobble together a more dignified outfit for Zasalamel instead of that Sun Ra get-up he starts out with. Hmm, perhaps the primary reason I like Namco fighters is the ability to play dress-up with the characters.

hikarutilmitt
487th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Tekken Bloodline Rebellion" , posted Thu 22 Jan 07:08post reply

quote:
most of the customizations will be DLC so I'll probably pass.

Now now, I doubt that. You could unlock 100% of the customization stuff in the last Tekken and 98% of the costume stuff in Soul Calibur. I'm sure they'll have ridiculous (possibly holiday-themed) home-version DLC stuff, but probably not enough to break the deal.

Speaking of negative impressions of DLC, I wonder if we'll see a home port of the new VF5. With the last one, you had to pay for so-called DLC that was already on the disc and you were still missing tons and tons of stuff that was in the arcade version. I was hoping the new arcade version would motivate them to make a quick and dirty port, but I'm not sure that the first one sold well enough to warrant that.

Funny you mention the disc-based DLC because SCIV did the same thing.

Also, I dunno if I care too much about T6BR not coming out until Sept or Oct (possibly) because I'll be playing T5DR, SFIV, VF5 and SCIV (and god knows what else, maybe we'll at least see an announcement for VF5R... please?) until it comes out.

Iron D
3155th Post

"Re(4):Tekken Bloodline Rebellion" , posted Thu 22 Jan 08:38post reply

quote:

Speaking of questionable Namco fighters, could someone elaborate on the dismal reaction that SC4 is getting in this thread? I recently picked up a copy of the game and while there are things I'm not thrilled about with the title I'm not a proficient enough SC player to know what's great and what's not.

I don't get it either. I recall there being a bunch of SC fans on this board at one point, and I personally think that SCIV is awesome and a blast.

Then again, I actually liked SCIII as well, and that's very highly shat upon these days as well. Although I do understand that most of the griping about SCIII was the balance (or lack thereof) which wouldn't be such a problem for me since I didn't get to play very much versus.

Er.....

karasu99
52th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Tekken Bloodline Rebellion" , posted Thu 22 Jan 09:56post reply

quote:
I don't get it either. I recall there being a bunch of SC fans on this board at one point, and I personally think that SCIV is awesome and a blast.

Well, for me SCIV looked great, played not bad, and never really seemed much better of a game than SCII, but with an absolute ton of dress-up content and a significantly higher price tag and some stupid Star Wars characters thrown in to pull in non-Japanese 3D fighter enthusiasts.

What can I say? What turned me off was honestly the dress up stuff. Don't get me wrong-- I played around with it like crazy, it's just that it got old for me awfully fast, and eventually I questioned why it was quite so complex. I know it was originally intended to help differentiate players for online play, but I think it's gotten just a slight bit creepy.

That's not to say I hate it! I think it's very well done aesthetically and character design-wise, so don't mistake me for a hater.

Iron D
3156th Post

"Re(6):Tekken Bloodline Rebellion" , posted Thu 22 Jan 12:10post reply

quote:

What can I say? What turned me off was honestly the dress up stuff. Don't get me wrong-- I played around with it like crazy, it's just that it got old for me awfully fast, and eventually I questioned why it was quite so complex. I know it was originally intended to help differentiate players for online play, but I think it's gotten just a slight bit creepy.

That's not to say I hate it! I think it's very well done aesthetically and character design-wise, so don't mistake me for a hater.

Which is odd...it seems that a lot of people are messing around with the character creator more than anything else. I, on the other hand, have completely ignored it. Playing dress-up in fighting games has never been anything I was into.

Er.....

Amakusa
786th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(7):Tekken Bloodline Rebellion" , posted Thu 22 Jan 17:05post reply

quote:

Which is odd...it seems that a lot of people are messing around with the character creator more than anything else. I, on the other hand, have completely ignored it. Playing dress-up in fighting games has never been anything I was into.

I admit to messing around with the character creation a lot in Soul Calibur 3, but seriously, most of the options are really pretty bad (but then, even the normal characters are ugly as sin and have weird facial expressions). I think the most I ever did with it was attempt to make a character look like a character from another game and then never touched it again.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Iggy
8819th Post

"Re(5):Tekken Bloodline Rebellion" , posted Thu 22 Jan 18:45post reply

quote:
Although I do understand that most of the griping about SCIII was the balance (or lack thereof) which wouldn't be such a problem for me since I didn't get to play very much versus.

I think SC4 is still better than SC2 and 3, but weaker than SC1. My biggest problem with SC3 wasn't the unbalance, it was the fact most characters weren't even finished (Tira ? Setsuka ? Hello ?), a lot of moves were erased, and the general aesthetics was the worst of the 3 sequels to the elegant SC1.

Just a Person
1307th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(6):Tekken Bloodline Rebellion" , posted Thu 24 Sep 01:23post reply

Lady GaGa is a playable character in Tekken 6: Blood Rebellion!!

...Well, not really. But the outfit does look like hers.

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.