Have you dreamed about another cafe member? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2527 Views )

CharlesProphony
51th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"Have you dreamed about another cafe member?" , posted Sun 11 Jan 20:23:post reply

For another strange thread (and maybe finally make some contribution to off topic things and escape a little of my constant lurker status, he-he) there it is : "Have you ever dreamed about seeing or about being with another cafe member?" (not the "dream" of meeting someone from here, but if you actually dreamed about this someone and woke up scratching the back of your head)

My story involves Iggy (yeah, I didn't ever had the chance to exchange words with him).
I've dreamed about going to his home(?) seeing him playing blue stinger, and then he asked WTH I was doing there, invading his house and so on... Then I said about not having the chance to buy and bring any gifts, but I would give him enough money to buy 3 rare~extra rare games of pc-engine, neogeo or some more obscure system of his taste(?!?!)... Then he just said ok and started playing some asuka ?!?% + melty blood mix type game... And then I woke up.
Well, as every dream, I did not understood anything.

(edit : corrected some typos, and made a little more readable... Come on, I'd just woken up, jumped to my chair and started typing :P)

Ex-Prophony

[this message was edited by CharlesProphony on Mon 12 Jan 01:01]

Replies:

Iggy
8806th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Have you dreamed about another cafe mem" , posted Sun 11 Jan 21:00post reply

My plan is perfect.
MUHAHAHAHAHA

Haven't received my money yet btw. Daddy not pleased, Charles.

holiday
2596th Post

"Re(1):Have you dreamed about another cafe mem" , posted Mon 12 Jan 13:34post reply

Wha?

Well there was this one time many years ago when I dreamt that I actually stepped into The MMCafe. I sat down and was served by Henry himself. I ordered coffee. He took a fistful of coffee beans in his fist and squeezed them over a cup until steam came out of his hands and down dripped the freshly roasted juices. I was impressed and sipped the coffee and then I woke up. The end.
Come to think about it - roasting and crushing the beans is fine, but where did the water come from?

Spoon
1715th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Have you dreamed about another cafe mem" , posted Mon 12 Jan 14:06post reply

quote:
but where did the water come from?

Sweat

EddyT
778th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Have you dreamed about another cafe mem" , posted Mon 12 Jan 14:21post reply

quote:
but where did the water come from?

Sweat

from his... ass

Iron D
3148th Post

"Re(2):Have you dreamed about another cafe mem" , posted Mon 12 Jan 17:00post reply

I once had a dream that this old Cafeer named Holiday posted here again. He was posting some crap about being in the MMCafe and some guy making coffee from his bare hands.

But that dream is over. We all know Holiday doesn't post here anymore.

Er.....

Pollyanna
2623th Post

"Re(3):Have you dreamed about another cafe mem" , posted Mon 12 Jan 18:50post reply

Funny that someone starts a topic like this now. Iggy showed up in one of my dreams a few nights ago as well. I had recently gotten blond strips dyed into my hair. Iggy complimented the dye job, but when I told him that I got it dyed that way because of Hiroto from Go-Onger, he refused to talk to me anymore. After chiding me for watching Go-Onger, he then left to meet a friend at Astroworld (a local theme park which closed down a few years ago).

A few other cafe members have made "dream cameos" in the past, but seeing that I don't know what most of you look like, I'm sure they weren't "accurate representations". I know a long time ago a number of people posted pictures of themselves, but all I remember is that there were way more beards than I expected.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

catalyst
446th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Have you dreamed about another cafe mem" , posted Tue 13 Jan 01:01post reply

quote:
Funny that someone starts a topic like this now. Iggy showed up in one of my dreams a few nights ago as well. I had recently gotten blond strips dyed into my hair. Iggy complimented the dye job, but when I told him that I got it dyed that way because of Hiroto from Go-Onger, he refused to talk to me anymore. After chiding me for watching Go-Onger, he then left to meet a friend at Astroworld (a local theme park which closed down a few years ago).

A few other cafe members have made "dream cameos" in the past, but seeing that I don't know what most of you look like, I'm sure they weren't "accurate representations". I know a long time ago a number of people posted pictures of themselves, but all I remember is that there were way more beards than I expected.

Funny you mention astroworld! The mmcafe kinda gave me the representation of this quiet bar I go on westheimer once in a blue moon. While I haven't made any dreams images of anyone specific here from the cafe, other than knowing what gekiganger looks like, pretty much everyone had a blank face with their specific name tag on.

The only part was when I wanted to order a piece of food that is underneath our avatars, they came out just like the image instead of an actual piece of food. Then I woke up.

This song is so true

Tai-Pan
344th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Have you dreamed about another cafe mem" , posted Tue 13 Jan 03:21post reply

Once I had a dream about going on-line to the mmcafe board and reading that someone had posted news about a new Captain Tsubasa game. It was gonna be released on DS and developed by Tecmo. Oh such a happy dream.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Zepy
1519th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Have you dreamed about another cafe mem" , posted Tue 13 Jan 04:52post reply

I had a dream where I played Azumanga Puzzle Bobble against exodus and beat him. I think.

Just a Person
1284th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Have you dreamed about another cafe mem" , posted Tue 13 Jan 04:59post reply

quote:
Well there was this one time many years ago when I dreamt that I actually stepped into The MMCafe. I sat down and was served by Henry himself.

Who is Henry?

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Time Mage
2754th Post

"Re(3):Have you dreamed about another cafe mem" , posted Tue 13 Jan 05:16post reply

quote:
Who is Henry?

The very owner of the Cafe, Professor Henry Moriarty.

"News flash big guy: You can wax on wax off all you want I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"

Just a Person
1285th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Have you dreamed about another cafe mem" , posted Tue 13 Jan 12:19post reply

quote:
The very owner of the Cafe, Professor Henry Moriarty.

Professor... Henry... Moriarty??

Hm, that explains quite a lot.

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Toxico
4624th Post

"Re(5): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Tue 13 Jan 13:10:post reply

At first I was thinking of making a quick explanation on how I don't dream (I mostly don't), but to be honest sometimes I have these marvelous, vivd dreams where I Chew people's insides, or get myself chewed (it was still pleasurable. (Maou, you are next, 嘸♥♥♥))

I think the most serious dream I had about the cafe was that it was not a webpage, but a huge colossal & pretty stale room, where everyone was sitting on chairs or on the floor sipping some Torres (Torres > France, any day ), time was spent either talking or screaming funny things to each other until the mail man woke me up.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 13/01/09 (88 personajes)

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 13 Jan 13:11]

oroch
1048th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(6): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Wed 14 Jan 21:20post reply

quote:
At first I was thinking of making a quick explanation on how I don't dream (I mostly don't), but to be honest sometimes I have these marvelous, vivd dreams where I Chew people's insides, or get myself chewed (it was still pleasurable. (Maou, you are next, 嘸♥♥♥))

I think the most serious dream I had about the cafe was that it was not a webpage, but a huge colossal & pretty stale room, where everyone was sitting on chairs or on the floor sipping some Torres (Torres > France, any day ), time was spent either talking or screaming funny things to each other until the mail man woke me up.

what in gods name do you drink before bedtime?

Toxico
4627th Post

"Re(7): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Wed 14 Jan 22:51:post reply

quote:
what in gods name do you drink before bedtime?

Water. For me it's usually the opposite (I get all nice & sane when I drink, I'm merry drunk).

Also, you should have thought of my sanity before looking me up in your basement.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 14/01/09 (92 personajes)

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 14 Jan 22:54]

Maou
1570th Post

"Re(6): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Thu 15 Jan 11:39post reply

quote:
or get myself chewed (it was still pleasurable. (Maou, you are next, 嘸♥♥♥))

I will taste like the curry I ate over in the other thread, so watch it.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Maese Spt
465th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Wed 21 Jan 00:30post reply

Great topic! But I'm highly dissapointed with IkariDC for not recalling his youthful dreams with Iggy. He even made a thread about them a few years ago, which led to a memorable pychoanalytical session regarding Iggy's dreams, starring a communist whale and other equally bizarre creatures. It was about then when I definitely fell in love with the Cafe, I think.

As for me, I don't recall having had any dreams with you guys, but that doesn't mean I actually haven't. I am under the impression I stumbled upon Pollyanna at the train back from last summer's Tokyo Game Show, but that's about all.

HAYATO
893th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(8): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Thu 22 Jan 16:50post reply

quote:
I am under the impression I stumbled upon Pollyanna at the train back from last summer's Tokyo Game Show, but that's about all.

Yeah, I remember that!! And don't forget the schyzo chick moaning and rolling her eyes as if posessed by an incubus. That was pretty disturbing... but sexually arousing at the same time. I think she would be a great addition to the Cafe!! Unfortunately, I didn't have any dreams about her...

Pollyanna
2629th Post

"Re(9): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Fri 23 Jan 20:18post reply

quote:
And don't forget the schyzo chick moaning and rolling her eyes as if posessed by an incubus. That was pretty disturbing... but sexually arousing at the same time. I think she would be a great addition to the Cafe!! Unfortunately, I didn't have any dreams about her...

I've got her cell number. I'll see if she'd like to pop in sometime.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

kofoguz
669th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Have you dreamed about another cafe mem" , posted Sat 24 Jan 01:42post reply

Surprisingly, no. Not even about Polly. Or if I did and told before, I dont remember now.

My memory is like bag of some skank, cant really find anything in there, so.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

HAYATO
897th Post

"Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Sat 24 Jan 04:23post reply

quote:
And don't forget the schyzo chick moaning and rolling her eyes as if posessed by an incubus. That was pretty disturbing... but sexually arousing at the same time. I think she would be a great addition to the Cafe!! Unfortunately, I didn't have any dreams about her...

I've got her cell number. I'll see if she'd like to pop in sometime.

Oh wai... are you serious Polly? I mean, were you really the blonde girl we met in the train back then or are you just teasing us?

IkariDC
760th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(8): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Sat 24 Jan 08:37post reply

quote:
Great topic! But I'm highly dissapointed with IkariDC for not recalling his youthful dreams with Iggy. He even made a thread about them a few years ago, which led to a memorable pychoanalytical session regarding Iggy's dreams, starring a communist whale and other equally bizarre creatures. It was about then when I definitely fell in love with the Cafe, I think.

Dude, sorry for highly disappointing you, I was highly disappointed myself with Iggy because he didn't mention it at all, so I refrained from posting about it. I didn't know that somehow I was the channeling factor for you to be in love with the forum! That's really nice.

Pollyanna
2631th Post

"Re(2):Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Mon 26 Jan 17:23post reply

quote:

Oh wai... are you serious Polly?

I didn't even know YOU were serious.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Maese Spt
471th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Mon 26 Jan 18:21post reply

quote:

Hayato just lost the game : \

HAYATO
898th Post

"Re(4):Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Tue 27 Jan 01:18post reply

quote:

Hayato just lost the game : \

Damn you Cafers, how dare you play with my feelings like this!!!

kofoguz
672th Post

"Re(5):Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Tue 27 Jan 08:42post reply

I saw Jojo's bizarre adventures part 8 villain is that counts?

[sigtag][/sigtag]

HAYATO
899th Post

"Re(6):Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Tue 27 Jan 15:04post reply

quote:
I saw Jojo's bizarre adventures part 8 villain is that counts?

Schh... don't tell anybody , at least not to Araki (After the stuff he's pulling out in SBR, even hardcore fans like me think it's enough)!!

Zepy
1521th Post

"Re(7):Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Wed 28 Jan 01:41post reply

quote:
Schh... don't tell anybody , at least not to Araki (After the stuff he's pulling out in SBR, even hardcore fans like me think it's enough)!!

Is it that bad? He lost me after stone ocean's final and I've been wondering if I should be reading SBR.

HAYATO
900th Post

"Re(8):Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Wed 28 Jan 05:20post reply

quote:

Is it that bad? He lost me after stone ocean's final and I've been wondering if I should be reading SBR.

It really isn't that bad, the only thing is that the script feels extremely rushed at some points and the whole pokemon-like craze for collecting The Saint's body parts is a bit too Davincicodesque to my tastes...

All in all, Araki still succeeds in amazing the readers with his trademark "WTF?" plot twists, and that's enough reason to follow the story once more (even if it's a JoJo 1 rehash set in an alternate universe)...

Now that SBR is (presumably) about to end and with Araki holding an exposition at Louvre, I think it's just a matter of months until we know whether kofoguz is a true clairvoyant...

kofoguz
674th Post

"Re(9):Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Wed 28 Jan 09:53post reply

quote:
Now that SBR is (presumably) about to end and with Araki holding an exposition at Louvre, I think it's just a matter of months until we know whether kofoguz is a true clairvoyant...

To make things certain and challenging, This time reader is on the side of villain. Villain had a good intention but was doing random bad things. I'm not sure what was his goal. And he wasnt fully aware of his power.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Iggy
8822th Post

"Re(9):Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Wed 28 Jan 17:50post reply

SBR has many, many problems, and Araki, despite his everlasting youth, is really starting to ramble like an old man (and even worse, a Japanese christian one), but it has one definite quality : it is better than Stone Ocean in every possible way, the art, the plot twists, the characters, the variety.
Still, only core fans of the 3, 4 and 5 part should care. Araki is one of the best mangaka of the 90s, and he continues to deliver, but he remains a mangaka from the 90s. Nothing new here.

Pollyanna
2634th Post

"Re(10):Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Wed 28 Jan 18:53:post reply

Wow, we really know how to get off topic here.

I'm several volumes behind on SBR, but knowing that it's wrapping up has given me motivation to pick up the rest. Book Off was my friend for getting caught up on the Glass Mask, so I wonder if it will be my SBR buddy, too.

Still, I'm sorry to hear that it falls apart a bit. I didn't dislike Stone Ocean, but when I started reading SBR, it reminded me what got me into JoJo in the first place (don't ask me what that is...hahaha).

Also, that reminds me of a story. Araki showed up without notice at Anime Expo for like...2 hours in 2003. He was drawing pictures of Jotaro on shikishi if you had one. A few of my friends pestered with him GioGio character requests (he had to remember what the characters looked like). I asked him to draw Charlotte. It took a very long time for him to realize who Charlotte was, and when he did, the picture he drew was terrible. I put it in a gaudy golden frame and it's sitting on my desk.

THE END

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

[this message was edited by Pollyanna on Wed 28 Jan 18:58]

Iggy
8823th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Wed 28 Jan 23:52post reply

quote:
I asked him to draw Charlotte. It took a very long time for him to realize who Charlotte was

I have no idea who that Charlotte character was.
I never had the opportunity to speak much with Araki, but his trophy wife is lovely.

Zepy
1522th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Thu 29 Jan 00:02post reply

It's very comforting to know that SBR is better than Stone Ocean and I'll be getting it soonish.

Also I have no idea of who this Charlotte person is

kofoguz
680th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Thu 29 Jan 02:30:post reply

quote:
I have no idea who that Charlotte character was.

Me, neither. On the other hand I didnt even noticed Anna sui's sex change so its normal for me.

But I really liked Stone Ocean (Main reason was Weather Report). Some parts was cheesy, yes I agree. And ending gave me a bitter-sweet taste but overall I liked it.

What dissappoints me is, I really want to learn the backstory of Chariot/Requiem or true purpose of arrow and mask etc..

Wait I remember Charlotte, isnt she the one runaway little girl who dress like a boy and was in the journey of Jotaro&Joseph and co... really what happened to her?

[sigtag][/sigtag]

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Sat 31 Jan 03:19]

Pollyanna
2634th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Thu 29 Jan 02:58post reply

Charlotte is from Stone Ocean and there's probably a good reason why you don't remember her/it.

I still have some good memories of Stone Ocean (Weather Report becoming a villain...Annasui and the goats...), but on the whole, I thought the ending was too epic for its own good, Foo died way too early and Annasui got too boring. Also, I felt like Hermes outlived her purpose way early and just stuck around for no good reason for most of the series.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Iggy
8826th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Thu 29 Jan 03:26:post reply

quote:
Charlotte is from Stone Ocean and there's probably a good reason why you don't remember her/it.

The...... crocodile puppet !?
You are insane.

Stone ocean had so many problems I don't know where to begin. The art became more and more lazy, sometimes with barely any backgrounds for pages and pages (the fight against Jumping Jack Flash, for example); the references became really obvious (Jojo has always been a Grand Theft manga, but Memento and Magnolia were ripped off in an insulting fashion); some fights and powers didn't make any sense (Annasui was the worst, but F.F. suddenly becoming sniper without any explanation and losing her plankton status was dumb, and let's not get started with Pucci's); and worst of all, some fights could have ended in a satisfying fashion, but instead choose a unsatisfying and dumb conclusion (Kenzo, Heavy Weather...). Well, all of Heavy Weather was really, really terrible. I think that's the worst pages of the 95 volumes.
Oh, and Araki's amnesia was at its worst, and he didn't even care enough to hide it: Annasui, Earth Wind&Fire... Annasui or the lawyer's abrupt design changes were both funny and sad.

Let's not forget that the whole scenario was incredibly stupid and never made any sense. Jôtarô was totally wasted, Jolyne had several opportunities to become a great hero (I think she was much better than Giorno as a main character) but failed miserably, Dio's sudden Anne-Rice-around-the-world retcon was ewwwwww, and the green baby, and Emporio, and the christian madness which still runs through SBR, and the ant, and, and, and...

SBR lacks epic fights, interesting characters and designs, a potent supervision, and will probably end as poorly as Gold Experience, but at least it's better than Stone Ocean.

kofoguz: no, the Memento character was Miumiu, and her stand was Jail house Rock (lock).
To off topic the off-topicness, that reminds me I must sometimes ask you a bunch of questions about Turkey and the turkish language. Let's make a note about it.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 29 Jan 03:47]

kofoguz
677th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Thu 29 Jan 03:31:post reply

quote:

Is the answer I can only remember 3 things, no?

quote:
I still have some good memories of Stone Ocean (Weather Report becoming a villain...Annasui and the goats...), but on the whole, I thought the ending was too epic for its own good, Foo died way too early and Annasui got too boring. Also, I felt like Hermes outlived her purpose way early and just stuck around for no good reason for most of the series.

About the ending, like I said there was whole lot of things to discover in that universe and he destroyed it.
I cant really say how things work out in SBR universe but I can say its a big waste to end that universe in part 6.

Also Foo is the character that my dislike turn into love quickly.

quote:

kofoguz: no, the Memento character was Miumiu, and her stand was Jail house Rock (lock).
To off topic the off-topicness, that reminds me I must sometimes ask you a bunch of questions about Turkey and the turkish language. Let's make a note about it.

I'll be glad to help.

Also I would like to ask about Part V, abandon of Fugo, I kinda like it but when I think about the thought of "his stand is useless for story so lets get rid of him" makes me dislike that twist. Care to explain what you think.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Thu 29 Jan 04:47]

Zepy
1523th Post

"Dream w/ Mannish Boy" , posted Thu 29 Jan 18:29post reply

quote:
Also I would like to ask about Part V, abandon of Fugo, I kinda like it but when I think about the thought of "his stand is useless for story so lets get rid of him" makes me dislike that twist. Care to explain what you think.

Actually I think Araki said that he had to remove Fugo because he realised he made Purple Haze too powerful.

Purple Haze would beat all the main villains in Jojo, I think, since none of them really have any way to avoid a killer virus.

Iggy
8826th Post

"Re(1):Dream w/ Mannish Boy" , posted Thu 29 Jan 19:33post reply

quote:
Actually I think Araki said that he had to remove Fugo because he realised he made Purple Haze too powerful.

Woah: Araki thinks about the powers of his characters, and then defines beforehand what he want to do with them. Annasui, F.F.... too bad for you, really.

quote:
Purple Haze would beat all the main villains in Jojo, I think, since none of them really have any way to avoid a killer virus.
I suppose Kira could come back in time before the infection, and Diabolo make so that the infection didn't happen... It all depends if it's the Araki from 10 years ago or the Araki from now who writes it.

Toxico
4649th Post

"Re(2):Dream w/ kila queen" , posted Thu 29 Jan 23:20:post reply

quote:
Purple Haze would beat all the main villains in Jojo, I think, since none of them really have any way to avoid a killer virus.I suppose Kira could come back in time before the infection, and Diabolo make so that the infection didn't happen... It all depends if it's the Araki from 10 years ago or the Araki from now who writes it.

Did you think anything of those random post mortum Kira's one shots where he was a ghost buster for the nether realm? Most of those Kusabe stuff was pretty tasty as well

For the record I have been following most of Araki's stuff since a lot of years ago... But suddently, some years ago, I stopped at Stone Ocean (At the time I realized that I needed something like +1 hour, to read 20 pages of a japanese raw, and that was mostly uriiiiii sounds scattered through the pages). Perhaps I'll pic it up now, that I take less to read a raw, or that is on english

quote:

··· when I started reading SBR, it reminded me what got me into JoJo in the first place (don't ask me what that is...hahaha).

quote:

You are insane.

Things are falling into place now

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 28/01/09 (96 personajes)

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 29 Jan 23:25]

HAYATO
901th Post

"Dream w/ Arakiers" , posted Fri 30 Jan 03:38post reply

quote:
You are insane.

Stone ocean had so many problems I don't know where to begin. The art became more and more lazy, sometimes with barely any backgrounds for pages and pages (the fight against Jumping Jack Flash, for example); the references became really obvious (Jojo has always been a Grand Theft manga, but Memento and Magnolia were ripped off in an insulting fashion); some fights and powers didn't make any sense (Annasui was the worst, but F.F. suddenly becoming sniper without any explanation and losing her plankton status was dumb, and let's not get started with Pucci's); and worst of all, some fights could have ended in a satisfying fashion, but instead choose a unsatisfying and dumb conclusion (Kenzo, Heavy Weather...). Well, all of Heavy Weather was really, really terrible. I think that's the worst pages of the 95 volumes.
Oh, and Araki's amnesia was at its worst, and he didn't even care enough to hide it: Annasui, Earth Wind&Fire... Annasui or the lawyer's abrupt design changes were both funny and sad.

Let's not forget that the whole scenario was incredibly stupid and never made any sense. Jôtarô was totally wasted, Jolyne had several opportunities to become a great hero (I think she was much better than Giorno as a main character) but failed miserably, Dio's sudden Anne-Rice-around-the-world retcon was ewwwwww, and the green baby, and Emporio, and the christian madness which still runs through SBR, and the ant, and, and, and...

SBR lacks epic fights, interesting characters and designs, a potent supervision, and will probably end as poorly as Gold Experience, but at least it's better than Stone Ocean.

Now that the Stone Ocean english scanlation project is finished, I just don't understand all this JoJo 6 hate (neither that overwhelming GioGio love). I found it very entertaining and much better than part 5 overall (the whole "Dio's son becomes the Godfather" and all that cheap mafia stuff bored me to death). Some of the main characters are interesting (Jolyne is my favorite JoJo since Joseph Joestar) and not so underdeveloped as many people say. Plus, the ending is both bold and resolutive (it's like JoJo 1 ending on steroids!!); it 'd have been the perfect finish for this decades-spanning series IMO...

I think the problem resides in people, always expecting a perfectly devised blooper-proof plot, and this is not the way Araki works anymore (if it ever was). As a Shirow Masamune fan, I learnt to overlook all these minor narrative faults for enjoyment's sake, and I think that's why I liked Stone Ocean so much: caring for the details isn't such a good thing if you are an Araki fan...

nobinobita
470th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Dream w/ Arakiers" , posted Fri 30 Jan 08:51post reply

quote:

Now that the Stone Ocean english scanlation project is finished, I just don't understand all this JoJo 6 hate (neither that overwhelming GioGio love).

I didn't know it was possible to DISlike Araki! I pretty much love everything he's ever done.

On a related note Araki's work will appear in the Louvre:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-01-22/jojo-araki-creates-manga-for-france-louvre-museum

HAYATO
902th Post

"Re(2):Dream w/ Arakiers" , posted Fri 30 Jan 15:55post reply

quote:

Now that the Stone Ocean english scanlation project is finished, I just don't understand all this JoJo 6 hate (neither that overwhelming GioGio love).

I didn't know it was possible to DISlike Araki! I pretty much love everything he's ever done.

On a related note Araki's work will appear in the Louvre:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-01-22/jojo-araki-creates-manga-for-france-louvre-museum

Sorry!! I forgot to post the link earlier... It's also said that a new Kishibe Rohan project is in the works, and it will presumably consist of a brand new story (about 100 pages long) that will be released in 2010 (along with a new artbook perhaps?)...

More info and some pics from the exhibition HERE (thanks to another french fan named after a manga dog)...

Olivier Hague
122th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Dream w/ Mannish Boy" , posted Fri 30 Jan 18:35post reply

quote:
I think Araki said that he had to remove Fugo because he realised he made Purple Haze too powerful.

I seem to remember he said that he had intended Fugo to come back and be a Judas-type character (because you can never have enough Christian references). I think that was in the guide for the video game, and I'm sure that's what he told me a couple of years later.
But yeah, Purple Haze was definitely a problem, and it might have worked a lot better as an "enemy Stand"... That might just be where Green Day came from, actually.

And I second everything Iggy said about Stone Ocean. I also think it applies to the very last volumes of Part 5.

kofoguz
680th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Sat 31 Jan 03:33post reply

quote:
; the references became really obvious (Jojo has always been a Grand Theft manga, but Memento and Magnolia were ripped off in an insulting fashion);

Funny when I started Jojo (about six months ago) I saw a lot of cool things, ideas and thought movies ripped off Jojo), and I was telling everyone around me that I started a comic (they wouldnt know no manga) and very creative and a lot of movies/shows stole ideas from it. Now you say this.

But I still suspect that Okuyasu's brother has a stand (the army of toy soldiers)and it inspired Stephen King -see the certain episode from nightmares and dreamscapes-. I dont know who get the idea first though.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Maese Spt
472th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10): Dream w/ cafeers" , posted Sun 1 Feb 18:33post reply

I thought the only reactions Jojo could produce were utter boredom and the like, but it seems it also can incur in blaphemy and religious rage.

Also, this has to be one of the best anecdotes I have heard in years:
quote:
Araki showed up without notice at Anime Expo for like...2 hours in 2003. He was drawing pictures of Jotaro on shikishi if you had one. A few of my friends pestered with him GioGio character requests (he had to remember what the characters looked like). I asked him to draw Charlotte. It took a very long time for him to realize who Charlotte was, and when he did, the picture he drew was terrible.

For good or bad, I must admit Araki and his show never cease to amaze me.

ZamIAm
1768th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Oddly On-Topic..." , posted Tue 3 Feb 16:23post reply

I've never dreamed of meeting someone from the Cafe but for whatever weird reason I was recently thinking of Ammadeau's Mermaid Academy which I think he said he officially stepped away from years ago.

The Droogo
308th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Have you dreamed about another cafe mem" , posted Wed 18 Mar 21:53post reply

quote:
For another strange thread (and maybe finally make some contribution to off topic things and escape a little of my constant lurker status, he-he) there it is : "Have you ever dreamed about seeing or about being with another cafe member?" (not the "dream" of meeting someone from here, but if you actually dreamed about this someone and woke up scratching the back of your head)

My story involves Iggy (yeah, I didn't ever had the chance to exchange words with him).
I've dreamed about going to his home(?) seeing him playing blue stinger, and then he asked WTH I was doing there, invading his house and so on... Then I said about not having the chance to buy and bring any gifts, but I would give him enough money to buy 3 rare~extra rare games of pc-engine, neogeo or some more obscure system of his taste(?!?!)... Then he just said ok and started playing some asuka ?!?% + melty blood mix type game... And then I woke up.
Well, as every dream, I did not understood anything.

(edit : corrected some typos, and made a little more readable... Come on, I'd just woken up, jumped to my chair and started typing :P)

In some kind I dreamed that TOXICO beat me up in any of the KOF series it was a kind of nightmare, but of cOurse...IT WAS JUST A DREAM!

O ra o ra!
H.Y.A.L.M.A.R.I.

exodus
4168th Post

"Re(4):Have you dreamed about another cafe mem" , posted Fri 3 Apr 13:38post reply

quote:

A few other cafe members have made "dream cameos" in the past

I did that!

as for myself, naturally iggy is dreamt of nightly. *swoon*