Random Thread 2009 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (7832 Views )

Ishmael
3368th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Random Thread 2009" , posted Thu 8 Jan 03:43post reply

Links discussing the sad state of US videogame magazines:

EGM has been discontinued according to Gamasutra and other sources.

The rights to Hardcore Gamer magazine can be purchased on eBay.

Replies:

karasu99
37th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Random Thread 2009" , posted Thu 8 Jan 04:02post reply

quote:

Wow, that's really startling. It's always awful to see such a long-lived magazine disappear, but let's be honest-- they had been in decline for at least a decade, as far as actual content in concerned. Still, for my college years it was a great source of information about imports, prior to such info being easy to find online.

I feel old now.

Toxico
4616th Post

"Re(1):Random Thread 2009" , posted Thu 8 Jan 04:41:post reply

Famitsu's take on Dragon Quest IX

Also, fortunately it seems that Doleaga still has life on those good old body snatcher bones of his.

Extrangely, the Ragnarok online comunity has been on heaps of movement lately. First there is the open Beta of their Renewal Server (it's the same game, but with every in game mechanic tweaked in order to adjust game balance). Secondly, the new classes that have been announced for more than a year have Finally started to pop up, currently two of them released on their test server. And lastly, an off line Ragnarok DS game has been under works for long. Currently it has announced two exclusive DS classes and will allow small wi-fi parties in special dungeons.

EDIT : also, Hajime no Ippo has recently premiered a new season (spanish dub)

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 06/01/09 (66 personajes)

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 8 Jan 14:56]

nobinobita
460th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Random Thread 2009" , posted Thu 8 Jan 05:26post reply

quote:

Wow, that's really startling. It's always awful to see such a long-lived magazine disappear, but let's be honest-- they had been in decline for at least a decade, as far as actual content in concerned. Still, for my college years it was a great source of information about imports, prior to such info being easy to find online.

I feel old now.

I didn't like the direction the magazine was going in the last few years (well, last decade really), but it still makes me sad to see EGM go.

That magazine was a big part of my childhood.

So many fond memories from the 8bit and 16bit eras. I still remember the sweat on my palms as I opened up to their double page spread on Seiken Densetsu 3. Or during the Chrono Trigger era (Yes i mark milestones in my life with videogames), when they were releasing 300 plus page issues.

Good times!

You will be missed EGM.

Iron D
3130th Post

"Re(3):Random Thread 2009" , posted Thu 8 Jan 09:05post reply

quote:

I feel old now.

I didn't like the direction the magazine was going in the last few years (well, last decade really), but it still makes me sad to see EGM go.

That magazine was a big part of my childhood.

So many fond memories from the 8bit and 16bit eras. I still remember the sweat on my palms as I opened up to their double page spread on Seiken Densetsu 3. Or during the Chrono Trigger era (Yes i mark milestones in my life with videogames), when they were releasing 300 plus page issues.

Good times!

You will be missed EGM.

I suppose I'm the only one who actually enjoyed the last 10 years of EGM. I have fond memories as well...learning about Tekkens 2 and 3 from there first...the SF3 hoax...good times. Lately, their features were great and informative reads, and the recently cancelled Hsu and Chan was hilarious.

I guess there's always 1UP, but it just won't be the same.

Er.....

whitesword
1636th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):Random Thread 2009" , posted Thu 8 Jan 21:17post reply

quote:

http://kotaku.com/5125034/mass-firings-at-1up-after-sale

Tai-Pan
343th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Random Thread 2009" , posted Thu 8 Jan 21:36post reply

quote:

This is fucking depressing. All these news. Sink USA already, SINK don't take so long.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Iron D
3131th Post

"Re(5):Random Thread 2009" , posted Thu 8 Jan 22:19post reply

quote:

Well, DAMN....

Er.....

sfried
322th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):Yajuu Keiji US bound as Tokyo Beat Down" , posted Sat 10 Jan 07:48post reply

About DAMN TIME *Manly talk*

Spoon
1714th Post

"Re(7):Yajuu Keiji US bound as Tokyo Beat Down" , posted Sat 10 Jan 08:09post reply

quote:

I remember trying out the JP release of this game... I really like the 2D art, and in one of the stills, there's what looks like Ryo from Shenmue fleeing in the chaos.

The localization for it looks pretty funny.

Iron D
3140th Post

"Re(7):Yajuu Keiji US bound as Tokyo Beat Down" , posted Sat 10 Jan 10:13post reply

quote:

What's this? A new beat 'em up? Hell-to-the-mutha-fuckin-YES!

Er.....

Nekros
155th Post

Regular Customer

"BlazBlue OST feedback" , posted Mon 12 Jan 05:41post reply

Today I listened the whole ost on youtube.
I have to say: it's meh.
I don't like metal too much, but I used to appreciate most of GG themes. This game features most good music but nothing really appealing as it could have to.
The only track I really like is Awakening The Chaos, the sub-boss theme.

Have you listened to it too? And waht are your thoughts in comparison to GG's works?

Toxico
4625th Post

"·····98'······" , posted Tue 13 Jan 23:27:post reply

「蛹を破り、蝶は舞う」 (ノºウº )ノ Or, aka '98 non jp versión of the game

It's Going out at last

At least one of the preorders seems to be around 20 bucks

To bad I'll only have access to get any US bond goods through mid Feb to end Feb (Shark Upper!!!)

I remembered reading about this yesterday, but it seems that my brain was not functunal enough to make any of it.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 13/01/09 (88 personajes)

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 13 Jan 23:33]

Ishmael
3372th Post

"Re(1):·····98'······" , posted Wed 14 Jan 23:45post reply

quote:
「蛹を破り、蝶は舞う」 (ノºウº )ノ Or, aka '98 non jp versión of the game

It's Going out at last

At least one of the preorders seems to be around 20 bucks

To bad I'll only have access to get any US bond goods through mid Feb to end Feb (Shark Upper!!!)

I remembered reading about this yesterday, but it seems that my brain was not functunal enough to make any of it.

Now that they have announced the release date they can start announcing the delays!

Continuing with the news of slowly released game paraphernalia, I recently received an e-mail notifying me that my copy of the English language verison of the Vampire Savior Graphic File had shipped. That's good to hear but I'll believe it when I actually have the book in my hands.

Iggy
8807th Post

"SAGA2 DS" , posted Wed 14 Jan 23:52post reply

When I saw the ":·····98'······", I thought SNKP was working on a new newer version of 98...

Oh well.

My orgasm of the day : GNWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATT!?
I came multiple times already, and it's not over. I will be available to commet in a few days.

Ktallguy
1065th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):SAGA2 DS" , posted Thu 15 Jan 03:40post reply

I am really excited about this, actually.

Play to win.

GekigangerV
1613th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):·····98'······" , posted Thu 15 Jan 05:26post reply

quote:

Continuing with the news of slowly released game paraphernalia, I recently received an e-mail notifying me that my copy of the English language verison of the Vampire Savior Graphic File had shipped. That's good to hear but I'll believe it when I actually have the book in my hands.
[/quote

i got mine at my comic shop about 2 weeks ago so you should be getting it. Hopefully Udon does more of this and less tribute books.

Spoon
1716th Post

"Re(1):SAGA2 DS" , posted Thu 15 Jan 06:51post reply

quote:

My orgasm of the day : GNWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATT!?
I came multiple times already, and it's not over. I will be available to commet in a few days.

So this is a remake of the GB Saga 2 (aka Final Fantasy Legend 2 in US)?

I never played through the series, but what's your opinion of them? Was this one the best/most popular one, or is there some other special reason why this one was a particularly good candidate for a remake?

Iggy
8808th Post

"Re(2):SAGA2 DS" , posted Thu 15 Jan 07:17post reply

quote:
I never played through the series, but what's your opinion of them? Was this one the best/most popular one, or is there some other special reason why this one was a particularly good candidate for a remake?

Saga 2 is probably better than Saga 1. Saga 3 is crap, wasn't made by the Saga team, and shouldn't even be mentioned.
All in all, the (original GB) Saga series is really old, and it will surely be upgraded will all sorts of systems coming from the more recent Saga games, like RomaSaga1 was in Minstrel Song.
But the game was quite different from RomaSaga, and it's going to be more of a matter of tweaking the unique systems of the original game to keep the original's flavour.
The designs have also been modernized.

It's hard to know what the game will be worth without knowing who does it, how much of the Saga team is involved (especially with Last Remnant released on 360, but not on PS3 and PC), and what they are doing with it. The new designs and the 3D are hit or miss.
One really good thing, though : they kept a portable game on a portable console, instead of remaking a Romancing Sa.Ga2 DS.

Ishmael
3373th Post

"BB=GG" , posted Thu 15 Jan 23:51post reply

quote:
i got mine at my comic shop about 2 weeks ago so you should be getting it. Hopefully Udon does more of this and less tribute books.

I received so many delayed shipment e-mails about that book that I began to enjoy getting those periodic updates from Amazon's automated tracking system. Now that the book might actually exist I'm going to miss those e-mails from my robo buddy.

Just in case you missed it, Gamasutra has an interview up with Arc System. Besides going on about their titles and fighting games in general Daisuke Ishiwatari notes, as best he can, that there are issues with the GG license.

Ishmael
3376th Post

"Circuit City Death Watch" , posted Mon 19 Jan 07:01post reply

For those of you in the US, you may want to swing by your local Circuit City as it goes through it's final death spasms. While it is sad that so many people are losing their jobs due to CC's bankruptcy, there are some good bargains on games and other electronic geegaws to be had. Even better, if you find a clerk who doesn't care anymore -which should be all of them at this point- they may give you a better bargain just to be doing it. I bought a $30 item that was supposed to be 10% off and received $10 off instead. Eh, close enough.

sfried
325th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Circuit City Death Watch" , posted Mon 19 Jan 13:10post reply

quote:
I bought a $30 item that was supposed to be 10% off and received $10 off instead. Eh, close enough.

You're lucky. Ended up getting a $20 item for approximately the same as retail price because of the additional stupid Florida tax, so all the 10% did for me was take off the tax.

chazumaru
642th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):SAGA2 DS" , posted Mon 19 Jan 23:26post reply

quote:

My orgasm of the day

Itô Kenji will take care of the remake's music:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/saga2/

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Iggy
8814th Post

"Re(2):SAGA2 DS" , posted Tue 20 Jan 08:35:post reply

quote:
Itô Kenji will take care of the remake's music:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/saga2/

He only did half of the original soundtrack, but I have faith.
More importantly, the executive producer/supervisor/etc is confirmed to be Kawazu, along with Tanaka Hiromichi, who wrote the scenario and the concept of the original game, and also worked on FF 1, 2,3, Seiken 2, director of Seiken 3, producer and battle system designer on Xenogear, Chrono Cross, Producer of Dewprism and FFXI and add ons. Finally, executive producer/director of FF3DS.
That team alone is enough to make the game an instant hit for me.

The director is Yoshimoto Yôichi, who worked on Musashiden and Unlimited Saga (which is a great news for approximately 3 persons on earth, me and my two imaginary friends).

The biggest problem so far is the main character designer, Kobayashi Gen, who did subarashiki kono sekai and Musashiden 2. But Minstrel Song survived to Naora, so...

Miura Hiroyuki, the producer, also worked on FF6 advance. Meh.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Tue 20 Jan 08:46]

Maou
1577th Post

"Re(3):SAGA2 DS" , posted Tue 20 Jan 08:47:post reply

Ahah, like Maou/Magus summoning Lavos in Chrono Trigger, word of SaGa will be guaranteed to summon Iggy.

quote:
Tanaka Hiromichi... producer and battle system designer on Xenogears, Chrono Cross,
Shouldn't those be two huge red flags, though, SaGa fan or no?

quote:
Yoshimoto Yôichi, who worked on Musashiden and Unlimited Saga

No harm in loving Unlimited SaGa, meanwhile, since Hamauzu did the music and anything he touches is therefore gold.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Tue 20 Jan 08:49]

Iggy
8814th Post

"Re(4):SAGA2 DS" , posted Tue 20 Jan 08:50post reply

quote:
Tanaka Hiromichi... producer and battle system designer on Xenogears, Chrono Cross,
Shouldn't those be two huge red flags, though, SaGa fan or no?

I don't know, I heard these two were popular with the kids nowadays.

sfried
326th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Umihara Kawase DS!" , posted Tue 20 Jan 09:29post reply

Looks like the PSP bad port is getting the DS treatment

quote:
"Importer NCSX has confirmed the existence of a DS port/remake of Umihara Kawase Shun Second Edition. According to the description provided by the retailer, the game is a new port “supervised by the original series programmer Sakai Kiyoshi”. Hopefully this is someone we can trust to make the inevitable touchscreen controls optional. Sakai is also contributing a new stage? It must be some stage if he’s only doing one." - tinycartridge

Iggy
8815th Post

"Big Band Mini demo" , posted Tue 20 Jan 23:46post reply

If you have an American Wii and DS, go download the demo of this game NOW.
Do it. You know you have to.

sfried
327th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Big Band Mini demo" , posted Wed 21 Jan 08:53post reply

quote:

I'm buying it at launch.

The trouble is that the delay for the lenticular art has caused some problems on certain retailers databases.

Sensenic
1665th Post

"New Gyakuten Saiban..." , posted Wed 21 Jan 18:44:post reply

...at Takarazuka Bow Hall, Osaka

Moonspeak official site

For some reason characters are given their western names (Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth...).

{...
Well, unexpected move there.

おやおやぁ~

"Farpaitement!"
-Obelix-

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Wed 21 Jan 18:48]

Maese Spt
468th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):New Gyakuten Saiban..." , posted Wed 21 Jan 20:06post reply

quote:
...at Takarazuka Bow Hall, Osaka

I honestly thought I had already seen everything in this world when I saw a youtube caption from the Takarazuka version of "Gone with the wind", but this just blew up my mind!

Of course, chances of me being at the premiere are quite high.

Black_Hayato
229th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Big Band Mini demo" , posted Thu 22 Jan 10:20post reply

quote:

I also recommend this. And if your into overlooked quirky DS games I would suggest checking out, Soul Bubbles and Zombie BBQ. Both use innovative stylus control and are cheap.

Soul Bubbles Gameplay
In Soul Bubbles you use the stylus to draw a bubble around souls and help guide them to the afterlife of different cultures around the world like the Aboriginal Dreamtime. Great design with beautiful graphics and an excellent physics engine. A relaxing after work game.

Zombie BBQ Trailer
Zombie BBQ is rails shooter where you play a hotter version of BB Hood killing zombie versions of story book characters. Like a giant mutant pinocchio and one of the three pigs (brick) has a contra wall. Not a perfect game but a fun diversion.

Ishmael
3382th Post

"Re(2):Big Band Mini demo" , posted Fri 23 Jan 01:18post reply

A preview of the Mad Catz fighting pad over at IGN. I'm not sold one way or the other on the pad but these lines in particular jumped out at me:

The controller itself is extremely light, which could be a positive or negative in terms of ergonomic preference, however, it has an adverse affect on the FightPad from a longevity standpoint. However, for a $39.99 investment, users can't rightly expect a controller to have an extensive lifespan.

Seriously? If I drop $40 on something I hope it will actually be well made but I keep forgetting that to be a fan of video games means that you are expected to hemorrhage money.

In much happier news, Ryu Ga Gotoku/Yakuza 3 not only has a tie-in with a brand of ramen but Kazuma can have the history of the brand explained to him during the game. Obviously the reason that Sony had soft sales during the holiday season in the US is because there are not enough of these brilliant Yakuza games avaliable in the NA market.

Toxico
4641th Post

":D" , posted Sat 24 Jan 03:05:post reply

Kunio kun hits the streets once again

Another wave of the past, makes it's comeback

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 20/01/09 (96 personajes)

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 24 Jan 03:09]

Spoon
1719th Post

"Re(1)::D" , posted Sat 24 Jan 03:52post reply

quote:

Another wave of the past, makes it's comeback

Over the course of last year, they released a bunch of footage promoting the game... it looks really good! But the voices are a bit off, though...

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4142.html

Spoon
1720th Post

"Re(2)::D" , posted Sat 24 Jan 04:34post reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp4iLV04Hxs

Good, but not as good as the previous one.

Reprises a few choice lines from the previous one like, "The hardcore you've been waiting for" and "They've come for brains. You'll give them... bullets."

However, "Putting the HOT... in SHOTGUN" is pretty damn funny.

GekigangerV
1615th Post

"Re(3)::D" , posted Sat 24 Jan 08:23post reply

Canceled Final Fight game

Apparently we were saved from the agony of having to put up with another bad Final Fight game.

Ktallguy
1076th Post

"Re(4)::D" , posted Sat 24 Jan 09:13post reply

quote:

Apparently we were saved from the agony of having to put up with another bad Final Fight game.

Wow, that video doesn't look so bad!

Play to win.

Ishmael
3385th Post

"Re(5)::D" , posted Sun 25 Jan 06:04post reply

quote:

Wow, that video doesn't look so bad!

It may not have been perfect, but that beta makes it look like the game was headed in the right direction. There have certainly been worse looking games to have the FF name.

sfried
328th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):Atlus spills the beans..." , posted Wed 28 Jan 11:10post reply

...for 2009

Yes! Knights in the Nightmare and Devil Survivor! Now if only someone can work on bringing Soma Bringer here...

sfried
330th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(8):New Crystal Bearers footage" , posted Wed 28 Jan 16:33:post reply

Thank goodness the protagonist isn't some girly guy.

Edit: Fixed link to output high-def version

[this message was edited by sfried on Thu 29 Jan 16:23]

Ishmael
3387th Post

"Re(7):Atlus spills the beans..." , posted Wed 28 Jan 22:53post reply

quote:
...for 2009

Yes! Knights in the Nightmare and Devil Survivor! Now if only someone can work on bringing Soma Bringer here...

Somebody is actually localizing Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier? I figured the floodgates would be opened on the PS2 once it was no longer Sony's flagship system but I didn't figure the releases were going to get this out of control.

Some random bits and pieces:

Pics and videos of SF4 alt costumes at IGN. Pants seem to be entirely optional because that's the way the street fighters roll.

GGXXACP is coming. Even the abbreviation is a mouthful.

Iggy
8824th Post

"Re(8):Atlus spills the beans..." , posted Thu 29 Jan 00:00post reply

OK, now this is random : a new Shingôketsuji Ichizoku.

Atlus, eh ?

karasu99
56th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(8):Atlus spills the beans..." , posted Thu 29 Jan 03:26post reply

quote:

GGXXACP is coming. Even the abbreviation is a mouthful.

Is this just the US release (plus for Wii and PSP) of this? If I recall, GGXXACP was the 'add-in' version of AC that was released in response to a bunch of game-ruining bugs in the PS2 release. But with all the thousands of versions of GGXX floating around out there I can't really keep them straight. I kind of wish that each subsequent version would add in a little more than tweaked moves and two additional characters, but I'll probably buy it anyway.

Oh, and another Gôketsuji Ichizoku? That's great news. I've been a fan for a long, long time. It's just all so weird.

Nekros
157th Post

Regular Customer

"SF 3 Third Strike LIMITED EDITION" , posted Thu 29 Jan 07:44post reply

Got this BADASS piece of Otaku-fetish-thingie:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5507/img3686fq7.jpg

Just love the mook, with lots of stuff and cool spite images, but where can I find a translation?

TreIII
169th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):Atlus spills the beans..." , posted Thu 29 Jan 12:20post reply

quote:
OK, now this is random : a new Shingôketsuji Ichizoku.

Atlus, eh ?

I guess their opinion is..."why not? let's see if we can get some money out of this 'revival' of the FG genre too!"

Graphically, it looks to be continuing right where the last game left off, so I wouldn't at all be surprised if this game just has touched up sprites for the last game, plus a few new characters.

Not like I would be complaining... ^_^

Dokuganryu wa Date jya ne you see?

Ktallguy
1079th Post

"Re(1):SF 3 Third Strike LIMITED EDITION" , posted Thu 29 Jan 14:31post reply

quote:
Got this BADASS piece of Otaku-fetish-thingie:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5507/img3686fq7.jpg

Just love the mook, with lots of stuff and cool spite images, but where can I find a translation?

Wow, that's amazing. Jealoussss

Play to win.

Maese Spt
476th Post

Gold Customer

"milking the Basara cow" , posted Sun 1 Feb 19:24post reply

This is probably old news, but I don't recall having seen it around here. Sengoku Basara is going to have an anime adaptation. Production IG is in charge and all the seiyuus of the original cast are in as well.

It seems Capcom has forgotten that Basara used to be a hack'n slash action game, but the yaoi fangirl-servicing side of the franchise is still safe and sound.

TreIII
170th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):milking the Basara cow" , posted Tue 3 Feb 10:24post reply

quote:
This is probably old news, but I don't recall having seen it around here. Sengoku Basara is going to have an anime adaptation. Production IG is in charge and all the seiyuus of the original cast are in as well.

It seems Capcom has forgotten that Basara used to be a hack'n slash action game, but the yaoi fangirl-servicing side of the franchise is still safe and sound.

Eh, I just think of the PSP game as a nice little side-thing, and, if Kobyashi is to believed, it's going to be the last time they're going to use those PS2-level assets. In that light, it's not too fundamentally different from that upcoming Dynasty Warriors PSP Game (StrikeForce, or whatever it's called, the one that has "Transformations" and more Wuxia action).

BASARA 3 proper is still in the pipeline, however, and it's probably being actively worked on, even as this PSP goes gold. When and where it will come, I couldn't tell you, but some rumors state that we won't see anything until Koei comes out with their own Sengoku Musou 3, and there's also the persistent rumor that it will be a Wii game.

Would be logical in a lot of respects, seeing how Koei has been struggling, and trying to capture that lucrative fangirl market, but we'll see.

Ishmael
3393th Post

"Re(2):milking the Basara cow" , posted Tue 3 Feb 23:54post reply

quote:

BASARA 3 proper is still in the pipeline, however, and it's probably being actively worked on, even as this PSP goes gold. When and where it will come, I couldn't tell you, but some rumors state that we won't see anything until Koei comes out with their own Sengoku Musou 3, and there's also the persistent rumor that it will be a Wii game.

Would be logical in a lot of respects, seeing how Koei has been struggling, and trying to capture that lucrative fangirl market, but we'll see.

The idea that Capcom might be waiting for Koei to make the first move is an odd thought. I figured at some point Capcom would want to move Basara past the impression that it is just a variation on Koei's historical brawlers. Then again, judging from the latest Basara game offerings, Capcom may not actually know what to do with Basara other than see what someone else does first. Whatever the case is, here's to hoping the anime is fun.

Koei has been floundering with the latest generation of consoles but their merger with Tecmo should be the shot in the arm they need. I expect Nobunaga's Xtreme Beach Volleyball to be the hot title of 2010.

Toxico
4657th Post

"Re(3):milking the Basara cow" , posted Wed 4 Feb 00:08post reply

quote:
I expect Nobunaga's Xtreme Beach Volleyball to be the hot title of 2010.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -

I'd hit it

End of Spoiler

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 28/01/09 (96 personajes)

Ishmael
3397th Post

"Re(4):milking the Basara cow" , posted Wed 11 Feb 00:22post reply

Gerbil Ball Rising 2 confirmed as being multi-platform.

There were some that grumbled that the cast of SF4 lacked surprises. That cannot be said about Street Fighter Online.

As an aside, I didn't realize that Akira had been added to the cast of SFO. Although I will never play this game I am glad to see that she continues to pop up now and again.

Freeter
4439th Post

"milking the Obama cow" , posted Wed 11 Feb 03:11post reply

Obama needs to be added to SF4 as a hidden boss. Have the "YES WE CAN" slogan as his Ultra.

How is Akira going to work? Most of her moves actually have her sidestepping around the opponent, whereas chars like Batsu and Kyosuke are strictly 2D fare. Nevertheless, her addition definitely makes me want to try SFO, even if I won't ever get a chance to.

Since SF4 is days away from release, why doesn't Capcom capitalize on the series' resurgence and port SFO to XBLA/PSN?

TreIII
171th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1): More new Power Instinct info" , posted Wed 11 Feb 13:41post reply

http://www.neo-arcadia.com/imagesnews/n0901a.jpg
http://www.neo-arcadia.com/imagesnews/n0901b.jpg
http://www.neo-arcadia.com/imagesnews/n0901c.jpg
- http://neo-arcadia.com/News/voir_news.php?id_news=13

Basically, by citing from AM-net's info (http://am-net.xtr.jp/game/profile.cgi?_v=1233142597), it's revealed that the game is a Taito X game (NOT X2, the two are different boards, fyi). Also, Noise Factory (who worked on the two Matrimelee games) is confirmed to be on board.

Ideally, more details will come at AOU in a few weeks. But it's plain to see which characters are already returning...

Maese Spt
478th Post

Gold Customer

"milking the Louis Cha cow (!)" , posted Wed 11 Feb 15:08:post reply

Akira, Okama errr... Obama and Cyborg 009 characters aside, SFOnline's character roster is most interesting indeed. I almost can't believe they nonchalantly threw in a whole bunch of Jin Yong/Louis Cha's novel heroes... in all seriousness, this has to be the BEST CAST IN FIGHTING GAMES HISTORY EVER!! OMGFTWBBQ!!!!!11111one

Whenever somebody announced that Mr. Obscure Character A or Ms. Worthless Sidekick B are making their way into the roster of this or that game, I couldn't but observe my fellow cafer's excitement with certain apathy. But now, having a roster with Mei Chaofeng and (OMG!) Zhou Botong from Condor Heroes, Linghu Chong from The Smiling Proud Wanderer, and even Hu Fei from Flying Fox of the Snowy Mountain... heck, it's ME who is excited! I guess I still care about videogames after all!!

I suppose it's just a dirty trick to goad the game's popularity on east asian markets, where people dig for these wuxia guys, but I can not but take my hat off to Capcom (or whoever is behind this crazy thing) for making my day.

[this message was edited by Maese Spt on Wed 11 Feb 15:08]

nobinobita
477th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):milking the Louis Cha cow (!)" , posted Thu 12 Feb 11:32post reply

quote:

I suppose it's just a dirty trick to goad the game's popularity on east asian markets, where people dig for these wuxia guys, but I can not but take my hat off to Capcom (or whoever is behind this crazy thing) for making my day.

For a minute I thought that all these awesome legendary Wuxia characters were going to be added to a new Power Instinct and my heart almost exploded!

Still, SFOnline now looks much more intersting (though it looked cool to begin with, with the Revoltech joints and all).

Zepy
1527th Post

"DQ9 delayed again" , posted Thu 12 Feb 17:11:post reply

http://release.square-enix.com/news/j/2009/02/i7sdhgt9s.html

Delayed again from 28th March to 11th July
Will we see DQ9 before 2010!?

[this message was edited by Zepy on Thu 12 Feb 17:12]

chazumaru
658th Post

"Re(1):DQ9 delayed again" , posted Thu 12 Feb 19:48post reply

quote:

Will we see DQ9 before 2010!?

Which is directly tied to the other question: will we see FFXIII before 2011!?

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Ishmael
3398th Post

"Re(2):DQ9 delayed again" , posted Thu 12 Feb 23:39post reply

My guess is that DQ9 is being delayed in the hopes they can get Lara Croft in the game. If Square Enix does buy Edios would their contraction become Squenixios?

Since I'm busy posting junk from Kotaku, I'll also note that Bandai Namco (Banco!) has released sales figures for recent games.

Iggy
8839th Post

"Re(3):DQ9 delayed again" , posted Thu 12 Feb 23:51post reply

quote:
If Square Enix does buy Edios would their contraction become Squenixios?

This sounds deliciously Greek to me.
Squenixios, I'll teach you about ardour...
Hu, hu, hu, hu.
quote:
Since I'm busy posting junk from Kotaku, I'll also note that Bandai Namco (Banco!) has released sales figures for recent games.

What is Gundam Musô 2 doing in a Bandai Namco listing ?

chazumaru
660th Post

"Re(4):DQ9 delayed again" , posted Fri 13 Feb 00:55post reply

quote:

What is Gundam Musô 2 doing in a Bandai Namco listing ?

Although the game is developed and produced by Koei, it is officially a Bandai-published series (at least in Japan, don't know about other regions).

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Iggy
8840th Post

"Re(5):DQ9 delayed again" , posted Fri 13 Feb 01:47post reply

Monster hunter 3 will be released this summer.
MH2G sold over 3 millions thanks to the the Best re-release.
Bayonetta's composer will be Hibiya Norihiko, who worked on MGS or Ryû ga Gotoku 2.
Bandai Namco is buying D3.

Ishmael
3399th Post

"Re(6):DQ9 delayed again" , posted Fri 13 Feb 05:35post reply

Midway files Chapter 11 bankruptcy. With all these sickly companies either staggering about blindly or incestiously mergering the videogame industry is starting to resemble a doomed aristocratic family who spend their days squirrled away inside some huge gothic mansion.

Iggy
8842th Post

"Re(7):DQ9 delayed again" , posted Fri 13 Feb 07:31post reply

quote:
With all these sickly companies either staggering about blindly or incestiously mergering the videogame industry is starting to resemble a doomed aristocratic family who spend their days squirrled away inside some huge gothic mansion.

It's the 3rd or 4th time I steal something you write here to use on other forums to look bright there.

Spoon
1728th Post

"Re(8):DQ9 delayed again" , posted Fri 13 Feb 08:02post reply

As you may well know by now, most of Roll's combos in TvC involve furiously scrubbing the opponent's crotch.

For those of you haven't already seen a particularly funny glitched variant of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeD_zu7wEkg

After 69 hits (not kidding), it's almost HnK-like do-whatever-and-it'll-combo mode.

Toxico
4680th Post

"SFIV pics" , posted Sat 14 Feb 17:52post reply

Blurry, crappy, small, and ugly ingame pics of every(?) character

I know that I don't care, and I know that you shouldn't (I don't even know what the cast is, ).

Summons ... Ishmael comments

無頼拳

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Ishmael
3401th Post

"Re(1):SFIV pics" , posted Sun 15 Feb 06:18:post reply

This may be the best screen grab I've seen in some time. From Ryu crumpled on the ground to the cheering crowd, to Dan posing in the middle of the frame in front of a giant monitor projecting his image, all the elements came together to form a wonderful image.

A listing over at GamePolitics lays out the debts owed by Midway. The amount of money that was squandered is amazing.

EDIT A question for Toxico and Iggy: are either of you planning to find a more permanent place to hang your overviews of WH2J and VS? The reports are far too well done to sink into BBS limbo.

[this message was edited by Ishmael on Sun 15 Feb 06:23]

Toxico
4683th Post

"Re(2):SFIV pics" , posted Sun 15 Feb 06:30:post reply

quote:

EDIT A question for Toxico and Iggy: are either of you planning to find a more permanent place to hang your overviews of WH2J and VS? The reports are far too well done to sink into BBS limbo.

Well, in my case, since everything is a copipe from a TxT of my authoring, I could upload the txt in another place and add it to my tag (like, I have already done with other topic, somewhere else). We could also add permanent links to the thread within our profiles.

Also, I was thinking that the Professor MUST use that Vampire vs WH idea for an April's fools update of this site (which, in return, could link to our threads; and as such would be safe from updates for the next 10, 15 or 20 upcomming years).

We could also demand a insert credit review and back up of the posts & the games

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sun 15 Feb 06:32]

Iggy
8848th Post

"Re(3):SFIV pics" , posted Sun 15 Feb 07:19post reply

quote:

I think I will eventually save both threads on some HDD at some point.
On the other hand, while Toxico's insight on his game comes 100% from his own fascinating and deranged mind, most of the things I write on VS are just collected and translated from various sources (well, lately, mostly stuff from vs.com). I just add my own opinion on the few details I know something about, so it's hard to consider the things I write there "mine". The broken English and the bad translation are mine, that's for sure.

Spoon
1729th Post

"Re(4):SFIV pics" , posted Sun 15 Feb 08:12post reply

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2313/vlcsnap829802ps2.jpg

I'm thinking of a CNN-style caption contest for this one, because no single caption would do it justice.

Ishmael
3402th Post

"Re(5):SFIV pics" , posted Tue 17 Feb 06:01post reply

Slate.com discusses the financial problems in the videogame industry. It's always interesting to see a mainstream article discussing both the triumphs and woes of a niche interest like games.

Maou
1591th Post

"Flow(er)" , posted Tue 17 Feb 14:17:post reply

Don't know if any of you ever played Flow back in the day, a dreamy sort of game where you started as a simple water organism (?) and sort of grew pleasantly into longer chains, but Flow(er) is a gorgeous realization of the artful idea, this time with flowers on PS3. You basically become the wind/a flower petal, and blow around pretty vistas, becoming a longer chain of flowers and seeing interesting things. You control just by one button and the tilt mechanism of the controller, almost like it's a steering wheel, which might make it the first flower petal racing game ever.

It's a short experience, but I really liked it...might be the first game where I was glad of downloadable capacities on current systems, since being an inexpensive download meant it could be exactly as long as it needed to be, without getting stretched out for "more content."

[this message was edited by Maou on Tue 17 Feb 14:21]

karasu99
69th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Flow(er)" , posted Wed 18 Feb 06:21post reply

quote:
Don't know if any of you ever played Flow back in the day

I enjoyed Flow more than I thought I would, after having waited until it was released on PSP to try it out (no PS3 for me). I'm hoping Flow(er) will be brought over to PSP as well, obviously. After Flow I had hoped that more games would follow this trend of games that were more about a straight interactive experience and less about story or points or whatever.

I agree with your point about making the game just as long as it needs to be. I paid a few bucks for Flow, messed around with it some, 'finished' with it, and now every now and then I go back to it. Unlike a lot of longer games I think I really got my money's worth out of it.

Maou
1591th Post

"Re(2):Flow(er)" , posted Wed 18 Feb 06:58post reply

quote:
Don't know if any of you ever played Flow back in the day

I enjoyed Flow more than I thought I would, after having waited until it was released on PSP to try it out (no PS3 for me). I'm hoping Flow(er) will be brought over to PSP as well, obviously. After Flow I had hoped that more games would follow this trend of games that were more about a straight interactive experience and less about story or points or whatever.

I agree with your point about making the game just as long as it needs to be. I paid a few bucks for Flow, messed around with it some, 'finished' with it, and now every now and then I go back to it. Unlike a lot of longer games I think I really got my money's worth out of it.

Glad you played Flow on PSP, though Flower is so gorgeous that I'm sure it can't be scaled down properly, so it may be worth trying at a friend's who has (otherwise unwisely, unless you love Metal Gear Solid 4) bought a PS3. It's the first next-gen game I've seen that actually did something that intrigued me rather than re-outfitting the corpses of tired genres like first-person shooters with pretty graphics. Funny that a downloadable game of all things made me want a PS3 somewhat. Other non-point-central games have been my favorites lately, too...Colossus and Katamari several years ago, Rez...

Freeter
4440th Post

"Re(3):Flow(er)" , posted Wed 18 Feb 10:28post reply

Flower is insane. Reminds me of ICO every time I play it. I seriously wish I could afford a 40" HDTV just to show this off.

Not really liking Flow as much though...controls feel awkward for some reason, and there doesn't really seem to be an objective. Does something happen after you collect enough parasites?

Maou
1592th Post

"Re(4):Flow(er)" , posted Wed 18 Feb 11:01post reply

quote:
Does something happen after you collect enough parasites?

GROWTH!

Get pumped.

karasu99
70th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Flow(er)" , posted Thu 19 Feb 02:23post reply

quote:
Does something happen after you collect enough parasites?
GROWTH!

Get pumped.

Plus, honestly, I found it to be fun and relaxing to just mess around with it.

I'll admit though, I really wished in the end that it was more open-ended. The game is beautiful but short-- unless for a long playthrough you want to just play the same scenarios over and over. But it's a minor complaint.

So on a related note, IS there a real reason to buy a PS3 yet? From what I've heard, there is no territorial lockout, which is nice, but backward compatibility is gone, and besides, I don't even think that any 2D fighters have been released for it-- until BlazBlue, whenever that's supposed to happen. But we should maybe take this OT elsewhere.

Ishmael
3405th Post

"Re(3):Flow(er)" , posted Thu 19 Feb 05:44post reply

quote:
It's the first next-gen game I've seen that actually did something that intrigued me rather than re-outfitting the corpses of tired genres like first-person shooters with pretty graphics.

In order to successfully repackage old genres for the current generation of consoles game makers need to prefix all their titles with the word "Super." It's worked in the past.

I'm glad to hear that Flower is a winner. Too many games don't even try something different, much less successfully pull it off.

Going from the sublime to the ridiculous, the Japanese premire of the Chun-Li movie took place recently. Dignity often seems to be in short supply at events like this in Japan but when you star in a live action SF movie you probably have to take whatever they throw at you. I know this info is several days old but, honestly, does anyone care?

Freeter
4441th Post

"Re(4):Flow(er)" , posted Thu 19 Feb 07:06post reply

quote:
I know this info is several days old but, honestly, does anyone care?

With the lack of VAN DAMMAGE and the epic failure that is the Dragonball movie on the way, I don't.

Maou
1593th Post

"Re(4):Flow(er)" , posted Thu 19 Feb 09:26post reply

quote:
In order to successfully repackage old genres for the current generation of consoles game makers need to prefix all their titles with the word "Super." It's worked in the past.

THAT IS MORE LIKE IT

I can't even tell you how disappointed I was when the Ultra 64 became the Nintendo 64, thereby ruining my expectations for all my stale games to be ULTRA. Maybe that's why I avoided that system...

Toxico
4688th Post

"n·e·w· Power Instinct info" , posted Sat 21 Feb 00:35post reply

gpara shows a new character , the amount of info is so small, with such confusing pics; that it's hard to get pumped out by anything. Me says, they better go obscene with the character roster, so that it will be "worth it".

obscene voodoo dance teleport

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 17/02/09 (98 personajes)

karasu99
74th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):n·e·w· Power Instinct info" , posted Sat 21 Feb 01:24post reply

quote:
Me says, they better go obscene with the character roster, so that it will be "worth it".

Mmm. What appears to be a little kid wearing a gas mask gives me a little more hope than the last game in the series did-- well, technically the second to last game, if you count the PS2 one as separate-- unfortunately the four people introduced most recently weren't nearly weird enough for GI. I guess, though, that they had run out of odd stereotypes or something.

This is a promising sign, but I keep hoping they'll bring back the rest of the cast (I'm waiting for Chuck's return myself).

TreIII
172th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):n·e·w· Power Instinct info" , posted Sat 21 Feb 04:32post reply

quote:
This is a promising sign, but I keep hoping they'll bring back the rest of the cast (I'm waiting for Chuck's return myself).

Again, I'm just left wondering if they'll just go ahead and cram the roster with as much content as they can. After all, if it's not going to be a game crafted with a new sprite-set and such, what else is there for Noise to do?

Bring back the ROTD charas, while they're at it. With no new game in that series looking likely, either, they might as well let !Billy, !Jimmy and all their friends from that game join this party, and extend the roster even more.

Iggy
8854th Post

"Re(3):n·e·w· Power Instinct info" , posted Sat 21 Feb 06:10post reply

quote:
Bring back the ROTD charas, while they're at it.
As long as they bring back Pepe, I don't care for the rest of the cast.

karasu99
77th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):n·e·w· Power Instinct info" , posted Sat 21 Feb 09:45post reply

quote:
ROTD

I wonder if they'll ever bother bringing this out on PS2? I won't hold my breath since it's so old and not an SNK property (and therefore won't be released in the NGOnline series by SNKP), but it's odd that it never made it to any non-NG home platform. That officially make ROTD the one and only NeoGeo 2D fighter that I've only ever played on PC Emulation.

Iggy
8858th Post

"AOU 2009" , posted Sat 21 Feb 21:42:post reply

Nothing of interest this year. The arcades have been dying for a while, so that's not a surprise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeavbq6s5CA
Sega Project cerberus (a spinoff of Lost Children).

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/140/140606/
Dracula The arcade (Castlevania).

Basically, that's it.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 21 Feb 21:51]

Count Hihihi
169th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):AOU 2009" , posted Sat 21 Feb 22:40post reply

quote:

What's Lost children? The designs remind me of Zero Divide in some ways. Nice.

Kotaku Ono and the Fanboy spirit.

Iggy
8858th Post

"Re(2):AOU 2009" , posted Sat 21 Feb 22:49post reply

quote:

What's Lost children? The designs remind me of Zero Divide in some ways. Nice.

A 5 years old eroge, if I remember the presentation text I read while under attack by savage yawning cats.

Ishmael
3408th Post

"Re(1):AOU 2009" , posted Sun 22 Feb 05:34post reply

quote:

The last thirty seconds or so of the video where everyone wanders off and leave the game to its own devices pretty much says it all. Hopefully there's a bit more to the game than what the first few screenshots and YouTube videos are showing.

At least Border Break looks sort of cool although I have no idea what is up with that control panel.

GekigangerV
1617th Post

"Tatsunoko X Marvel" , posted Fri 27 Feb 03:25post reply

Link Here

quote:
The Nihon Keizai Shimbun paper reported on Tuesday that the toy giant Takara Tomy and the American comic entertainment company Marvel have agreed to work together on Marvel character toys for Japanese retail this fall. According to the report, Tatsunoko Production (the anime studio that became a subsidiary of Takara Tomy in 2005-2006) is producing a television anime with characters from both Tatsunoko's portfolio of anime titles and Marvel's library of comic series. The company aims to broadcast the anime in three years in Japan as well as in international markets.

Marvel signed the licensing agreement with the Takara Tomy Arts subsidiary. While the details of the deals will be made public later, Takara Tomy will initially sell about 100 kinds of toys and clothings based on Spider-Man, Iron Man, and other characters. It is also exploring the possibilities of sales in the rest of Asia.

Cain Highwind
795th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Tatsunoko X Marvel" , posted Fri 27 Feb 18:01post reply

quote:
Link Here

The Nihon Keizai Shimbun paper reported on Tuesday that the toy giant Takara Tomy and the American comic entertainment company Marvel have agreed to work together on Marvel character toys for Japanese retail this fall. According to the report, Tatsunoko Production (the anime studio that became a subsidiary of Takara Tomy in 2005-2006) is producing a television anime with characters from both Tatsunoko's portfolio of anime titles and Marvel's library of comic series. The company aims to broadcast the anime in three years in Japan as well as in international markets.

Marvel signed the licensing agreement with the Takara Tomy Arts subsidiary. While the details of the deals will be made public later, Takara Tomy will initially sell about 100 kinds of toys and clothings based on Spider-Man, Iron Man, and other characters. It is also exploring the possibilities of sales in the rest of Asia.

I swear Capcom is responsible. I just KNOW they are. Seriously though, it makes a lot of sense when you think about. very little of Tatsunoko's franchises really made it to the US. The only two that really made it over here are Gatchaman and Speed Racer. Yeah we have things like Karas and Casshern. But those are more Cult-followings.

Kinda hard to release TvC over here with that problem (and that's IF they could get the licensing straightened out)

According to insider Trieu (whose been awfully quiet lately...) Back then instead of MvC3, they wanted to try to make Marvel vs DC vs Capcom. Now we've got this upcoming Anime series. It would be far easier to license the characters based off this ONE Anime and then add Capcom characters, and then bring it over. No problem.

Anyway, three years. I know a lot of that is probably involving getting approval from Marvel to do certain things, but here's hoping we get something along the lines of Karas or Casshern Sins in Animation Quality

Ishmael
3419th Post

"Re(2):Tatsunoko X Marvel" , posted Tue 3 Mar 01:45post reply

If you are trying to find a gift for a game player who already has everything why not buy them the Mortal Kombat franchise?

Just a Person
1293th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Tatsunoko X Marvel" , posted Wed 4 Mar 03:44post reply

quote:
If you are trying to find a gift for a game player who already has everything why not buy them the Mortal Kombat franchise?

I'm glad the Mortal Kombat franchise will no longer be a property of Midway. If I remember correctly, they were the ones rushing the MK Team to finish MK:Armageddon in a short time, ending up with a very incomplete game (I'd rather wait one more year for the game if that would mean better controls, individual stories and better finishers than that Kreate-a-Fatality garbage). Same thing happened with MKvsDC (which was actually a better game than I thought it'd be, but still could have been better).

I think Electronic Arts or the company that develops GTA (Rockstar, right?) could do a nice job with the MK franchise: they have money, and they have good programmers. It would be nice if Boon was still part of the production team somehow, though.

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

sfried
336th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):A Boy and His Blob remake" , posted Wed 4 Mar 13:54post reply

Glad to see something from WayForward again. With that said, I've never played the original, so I wouldn't know how good this would be. Also, sort of late news...

dr baghead
3788th Post

"Re(4):Tatsunoko X Marvel" , posted Wed 4 Mar 15:23post reply

quote:
I'm glad the Mortal Kombat franchise will no longer be a property of Midway. If I remember correctly, they were the ones rushing the MK Team to finish MK:Armageddon in a short time, ending up with a very incomplete game (I'd rather wait one more year for the game if that would mean better controls, individual stories and better finishers than that Kreate-a-Fatality garbage). Same thing happened with MKvsDC (which was actually a better game than I thought it'd be, but still could have been better).

I think Electronic Arts or the company that develops GTA (Rockstar, right?) could do a nice job with the MK franchise: they have money, and they have good programmers. It would be nice if Boon was still part of the production team somehow, though.

It sounds like they don't *have* to sell Mortal Kombat if they offer a proper restructuring plan.

Although if they sell I hope Capcom USA buys it, let's go Street Fighter Vs Mortal Kombat! Also a Shaolin Monks style game with the following plot: "Fei Long and Johnny Cage are filming a movie together when a combination of outworld/shadowloo forces attack the studio. Together they must defeat evil on 7 fun filled stages themed after movie genres!"

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)
my silly little drawin's

Sensenic
1667th Post

"An RPG and his sequel" , posted Wed 4 Mar 18:19:post reply

Final Fantasy IV The After Years (official western title for FF4 sequel, The After) announced for WiiWare

Now, after remaking the original for DS, and with it being originally for cellphone, 2D oldschool and whatnot... Why not release it on DSiWare?

You're doing it wrong!

Well, glad it's coming to the west anyway.

貧乳神・・・

"Don't give me that crap about real life. There ain't no such animal."
-Felix Leiter-

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Wed 4 Mar 18:21]

Ishmael
3423th Post

"Re(5):A Boy and His Blob remake" , posted Thu 5 Mar 04:37post reply

quote:
Glad to see something from WayForward again. With that said, I've never played the original, so I wouldn't know how good this would be. Also, sort of late news...

Not only have I never played the original but I can't say that I'm even a big fan of this type of game. But even with those qualifications I find I myself charmed by the pictures in that preview. Hopefully the finished game will have as much life as those early shots do.

Speaking of releases, the Japanese version of BlazBlue has been officially confirmed for a summer release on both PS3 and 360.

sfried
338th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):A Boy and His Blob remake" , posted Thu 5 Mar 06:53:post reply

quote:
Not only have I never played the original but I can't say that I'm even a big fan of this type of game. But even with those qualifications I find I myself charmed by the pictures in that preview. Hopefully the finished game will have as much life as those early shots do.

New screenshots (IGN has even more, probably thanks to Matt Bozon working there). Looks like it's coming along quite nicely.

[this message was edited by sfried on Thu 5 Mar 07:41]

karasu99
88th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):A Boy and His Blob remake" , posted Thu 5 Mar 08:07post reply

quote:

New screenshots (IGN has even more, probably thanks to Matt Bozon working there). Looks like it's coming along quite nicely.

Holy crap, that was enough to just make me... I don't know... feel all warm and happy. I have very fond memories of renting the game multiple times (I was quite poor at the time) and playing through it pretty far, but wasn't it somewhat underappreciated at the time? This might be my first WiiWare purchase.

sfried
338th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(8):A Boy and His Blob remake" , posted Thu 5 Mar 08:16post reply

quote:
Holy crap, that was enough to just make me... I don't know... feel all warm and happy. I have very fond memories of renting the game multiple times (I was quite poor at the time) and playing through it pretty far, but wasn't it somewhat underappreciated at the time? This might be my first WiiWare purchase.

If I'm not mistaken, it's a retail game.

karasu99
90th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(9):A Boy and His Blob remake" , posted Thu 5 Mar 08:41post reply

quote:

If I'm not mistaken, it's a retail game.

Aha, I stand corrected. I'm not sure where I even got that, actually.

sfried
340th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(10):A Boy and His Blob remake" , posted Thu 5 Mar 09:44:post reply

First footage of the game in motion.

Some more footage.

Interview with WayForward saying this is not a "remake" but a reimagining of the game.

[this message was edited by sfried on Thu 5 Mar 10:11]

Gojira
2510th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):A Boy and His Blob remake" , posted Thu 5 Mar 16:14post reply

quote:
First footage of the game in motion.

Some more footage.

Interview with WayForward saying this is not a "remake" but a reimagining of the game.

Wow, that's cute as hell. To think that was spawned by one of the ugliest NES games I had ever seen.

I know the lack of sound is probably just because it's an early version, but I kind of hope they keep it that way. The music's too nice to be overpowered by obnoxious squishing sound effects.

shipoopi

Ishmael
3427th Post

"Wasting time online" , posted Wed 11 Mar 04:43post reply

I'm certain I'm late to the party on this one, but a 2D version of Mirror's Edge is playable online. Is the actual game this entertaining?

Nekros
166th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Wasting time online" , posted Thu 12 Mar 06:42post reply

quote:
I'm certain I'm late to the party on this one, but a 2D version of Mirror's Edge is playable online. Is the actual game this entertaining?

Yes and no.
The feeling and the general atmosphere is the same but the 2D version has a more intense action and that retro feeling that makes a game to be a good arcade game to most old players.
Personally I liked the original ME but I found this 2D version more appealing to my taste.

HAYATO
904th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Wasting time online" , posted Thu 12 Mar 15:43post reply

quote:

Yes and no.
The feeling and the general atmosphere is the same but the 2D version has a more intense action and that retro feeling that makes a game to be a good arcade game to most old players.
Personally I liked the original ME but I found this 2D version more appealing to my taste.

I found both of them really entertaining, each in its own style. The 3D version is obviously superior in terms of graphics and freedom, but I couldn't think of a better way to transfer ME's unique conception of a platform game to 2D. Thanks for bringing this one up!!!