NDS! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1809 Views )

D`Cloud
249th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Frequent Customer

"NDS!" , posted Wed 24 Dec 11:45:post reply

Just got an NDS... anybody can recommend good games here? I've played all castlevania games in NDS.

Im an old school gamer, meaning im not fond of Grand theft or other 3d games that doesnt stimulate my skills or intelligence.

http://www.dustinuy.com

[this message was edited by D`Cloud on Wed 24 Dec 15:34]

Replies:

Toxico
4606th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):NDS!" , posted Wed 24 Dec 12:09post reply

quote:
Just got an NDS... anybody can recommend good games here? I've played all castlevania games here.

Not that I know off any DS titles... but writting down what genres you are interested in, if you have played games previously, what budget do you have or what lenguages you can play games in (aka moonspeak on / off) would be something useful for recommendations. Also, editing the first post would be more efficient that replying this one.

obscene voodoo dance teleport

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 09/12/08 (58 personajes)

sfried
309th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):NDS!" , posted Wed 24 Dec 13:43post reply

quote:
Just got an NDS... anybody can recommend good games here? I've played all castlevania games here.

Chrono Trigger DS!

Okay, perhaps on a more serious note, Etrian Oddysey/Etrian Odyssey 2 with you want some serious hardcore dungeon crawling. Shiren/Izuna if you like roguelikes. Contra 4/Metal Slug 7 if you like action. Ninja Gaiden DS/The Legend of Kage 2 if you like hack-n-slash. Space Invaders Extreme...

By playing all Castlevania games here, do you mean the DS ones?

D`Cloud
249th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):NDS!" , posted Wed 24 Dec 15:35post reply

quote:

Not that I know off any DS titles... but writting down what genres you are interested in, if you have played games previously, what budget do you have or what lenguages you can play games in (aka moonspeak on / off) would be something useful for recommendations. Also, editing the first post would be more efficient that replying this one.

obscene voodoo dance teleport

done!

ok chrono trigger ds... howd i miss that?

Nekros
149th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):NDS!" , posted Wed 24 Dec 19:03post reply

quote:
Im an old school gamer, meaning im not fond of Grand theft or other 3d games that doesnt stimulate my skills or intelligence.

Ehehe me too.
DS is a good console, but not so old school, except about rpgs.
Some very good games to hang with are -of course I didn't consider Castlevanias because you already played them:
Arcadish: Meteos, Ninja Gaiden, Full Metal Alchemist, Sonic Rush (only the firts one), Tetris, Puzzle League, Kirby Superstar, Ouendan series, Soul Bubbles.
Adventurish: Phoenix Wright series, Another (aka Trace Memory), Chrono Trigger, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Zelda.

Phoenix
903th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):NDS!" , posted Wed 24 Dec 19:16post reply

I heard good things about "The world ends with you" by Squre-Enix.

Some other random DS games: Sonic Rush, Bleach DS 2nd: Kokui Hirameku Requiem, New Super Mario Bros, Advance Wars Dual Strike, Jump! Ultimate Stars, Dragon Quest IX (coming up I think), Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 etc. Hope that helps! ^^

Iggy
8789th Post

"Re(1):NDS!" , posted Wed 24 Dec 19:51post reply

quote:
im not fond of [...]games that doesnt stimulate my skills or intelligence.

quote:
ok chrono trigger ds... howd i miss that?

I LOLed.

Mozex
354th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):NDS!" , posted Thu 25 Dec 01:48post reply

Mr. Driller Drill Spirits

Be kind to goblins.

Evenor
679th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):NDS!" , posted Thu 25 Dec 03:04post reply

Zoo Keeper

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

D`Cloud
250th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):NDS!" , posted Fri 26 Dec 12:02post reply

thanks guys.

any suggested puzzle games for a non gamer? my sister borrows the nds and she loves to play those puzzle bubble type of games.

sfried
311th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):NDS!" , posted Fri 26 Dec 14:56:post reply

quote:
thanks guys.

any suggested puzzle games for a non gamer? my sister borrows the nds and she loves to play those puzzle bubble type of games.

Hey, Puzzle Buble is a still game...

Speaking of which, there's this new title called Soul Bubbles that's only available at Toys 'R Us, but you should check it out. Pretty contendable indie game.

[this message was edited by sfried on Fri 26 Dec 14:57]

Time Mage
2747th Post

"Re(5):NDS!" , posted Fri 26 Dec 18:53post reply

quote:
Speaking of which, there's this new title called Soul Bubbles that's only available at Toys 'R Us, but you should check it out. Pretty contendable indie game.

Yeah, it's a really fun game, I was surprised when I tried it.

"News flash big guy: You can wax on wax off all you want I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"

sfried
312th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):NDS!" , posted Fri 26 Dec 22:53:post reply

quote:

Yeah, it's a really fun game, I was surprised when I tried it.

Also, if you have $10 bucks, I highly recommend The Legend of Kage 2. It's like a long-lost Genesis/PC-Engine side-scrolling game that feels alot like WolfTeam's Valis or El Viento mixed with Shinobi, only with spot on controls.

[this message was edited by sfried on Fri 26 Dec 22:53]

Ishmael
3363th Post

"Re(7):NDS!" , posted Tue 30 Dec 03:50post reply

quote:

Also, if you have $10 bucks, I highly recommend The Legend of Kage 2. It's like a long-lost Genesis/PC-Engine side-scrolling game that feels alot like WolfTeam's Valis or El Viento mixed with Shinobi, only with spot on controls.

Thanks for the heads-up about Kage 2. That was a game that had been on my radar but since they are now practically giving the thing away I had no excuse not to go get a copy.

The Droogo
307th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):NDS! 100% addictive" , posted Tue 30 Dec 22:10post reply

quote:
Just got an NDS... anybody can recommend good games here? I've played all castlevania games in NDS.

Well let recomend you:
Bangai o Spirits[AA][/AA]
Dementium, the ward
dragon ball origins
rhythm tengoku....
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggg i´m in a cybercafe and my time is running outttttttttttttttttttttt
dammmmmmmmmm you TOXICOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG ZAPUYAAAAAAAAAAA

O ra o ra!
H.Y.A.L.M.A.R.I.

Gojira
2498th Post

"Re(2):NDS! 100% addictive" , posted Wed 31 Dec 13:40post reply

Rocket Slime

shipoopi

emagius
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):NDS!" , posted Thu 1 Jan 00:25post reply

The two Advance Wars games and Civilization Revolution are great strategy games. I also enjoyed the Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney games, atlhough they don't really test much. Ninja Gaiden is a tad on the easy side, but it's a fantastic touch-screen-based action/adventure title, as is The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Space Invaders Extreme is also quite nice, but I prefer the PSP version.

As mentioned by others, you may also want to take a look at Chrono Trigger DS (more or less a straight port) and Final Fantasy IV (a remake).

quote:

How about Bust-A-Move DS? I've heard it's buggy, but never tried it myself.

They're not Puzzle Bobble, but the Professor Layton titles are excellent puzzle/brainteaser games.

sfried
314th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):NDS!" , posted Thu 1 Jan 01:08:post reply

quote:
Space Invaders Extreme is also quite nice, but I prefer the PSP version.
The DS version has better music and sound effects (which actually changes per level), not to mention online support, whereas the PSP version only has local adhoc and has a different soundtrack from the DS.

That said, the Taito paddle controller for DS is also compatible with Space Invaders Extreme.

And speaking about imports, Phantasy Star Zero.

[this message was edited by sfried on Thu 1 Jan 01:11]

Iggy
8798th Post

"Re(1):NDS!" , posted Thu 1 Jan 02:41post reply

Nervous Brickdown if you like Arkanoid, BBM if you like shooters with a twist, both if you are French and don't want to spend the rest of your days in jail.

D`Cloud
251th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):NDS!" , posted Thu 1 Jan 02:42post reply

Im currently playing zelda phantom hourgleass and the apollo ace attorney (boy i wish theres a way to speed up the text)

im listing down the other games for now.

thanks guys!

Hungrywolf
3149th Post

"Re(7):NDS!" , posted Sun 4 Jan 11:42post reply

I'm rather fond of Hotel Dusk.