Random fighting game related questions - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2902 Views )

Iron D
3103th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Random fighting game related questions" , posted Wed 17 Dec 10:41:post reply

Yes, this is pointless. I just like asking the Cafeers these kinds of questions.

1) As of your reading this question, what is the last fighting game you played?

2) The SFEX series: overrated, underrated or gets the amount of praise and or negativity it deserves?

3) What motions for moves in fighters are you still not able to pull off at least semi-regularly?

4) What music from a fighting game is stuck in your head right now? If there isn't one currently stuck in your head, then get one stuck in your head and then answer this question.

5) We've all had dreams related to fighting games (unless I really am the only one). Describe one of yours.

6) Name one country that has never had a representative in a fighting game.

7) Yamazaki?

8) Honestly, how good of a SF player do you consider yourself to be?

9) Same as 8, except apply it to KoF.

10) Is Yuri Sakazaki annoying as shit or what?

11)Fill in the blank: the ______ series needs another game more than any other fighting game series out there.

12) What single fighting game have you played overall more than any other?

13) Fill in the blank again: it may surprise you, but I've never played "insert fighting game here".

Er.....

[this message was edited by Iron D on Wed 17 Dec 10:50]

Replies:

Ktallguy
1057th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Wed 17 Dec 10:51:post reply

1) Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix

2) SFEX gets what it deserves.

3) Full circular throws (360s). Uggggggghhhh.

4) Boring boring, but it's Ryu's theme. (From the original SFII).

5) Um... I've dreamed that I'm really good at fighting games, when I'm actually so-so.

6) Madagascar

7) AAAAAAAAATATATATATTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAATA *STOMP* *STOMP* *STOMP* *STOMP* *STOMP* *STOMP* *STOMP* *STOMP* *STOMP* *STOMP* *STOMP* *STOMP* ATTATA

8) I'm a decent player with most boring characters. If I pick Ryu I can play sort of high level, but nothing too technical. I am working on learning El Fuerte in SF4 though!

9) I'm pretty crap at KOF, but I love using Blue Mary and K'.

10) Yuri is totally cute, wth.

11) The Rival Schools/Project Justice Series needs another game more than any other fighting game series out there.

Damn your edit!

12) I'd say I've played the Virtua Fighter series more than any other fighter, mostly VF4EVO and VF5. However if I counted the years up, maybe Street Fighter 2? I'm not sure.

13) It may surprise you, but I've never played KOFXI (?)

Play to win.

[this message was edited by Ktallguy on Wed 17 Dec 11:24]

ONSLAUGHT
3785th Post

"Re(1):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Wed 17 Dec 11:04post reply

quote:

SSF II T HD Remix

quote:
2) The SFEX series: overrated, underrated or gets the amount of praise and or negativity it deserves?
Very underrated. I just can't understand why it gets so much hate. Was it for the graphics perhaps? The music is perhaps the best in the SF series (and this comes from a HUGE SF music freak like me), the character design was awesome and it had tons of ideas that made it stand from other fighters.

quote:
3) What motions for moves in fighters are you still not able to pull off at least semi-regularly?
Mmmhh, Geese's Raging Storm perhaps?

quote:
4) What music from a fighting game is stuck in your head right now? If there isn't one currently stuck in your head, then get one stuck in your head and then answer this question.
Okkusenman! (Hey it's an "arrange" theme from Megaman The Power Fighters 2!)

quote:
5) We've all had dreams related to fighting games (unless I really am the only one). Describe one of yours.
Mmmhh, I think I had one with Chun Li a few years ago, can't remember exactly what it was about though...

quote:
Guatemala

quote:
7) Yamazaki?
is crazy

quote:
Not too bad, but not near top tier either

quote:
Pretty bad

quote:
Only her voice, but I think Athena is way annoying than Yuri

quote:
11)Fill in the blank: the ______ series needs another game more than any other fighting game series out there.
Rival Schools

quote:
SSF II

quote:
13) Fill in the blank again: it may surprise you, but I've never played "insert fighting game here".

Let's see: Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury 3, the Real Bouts, Art of Fighting 3, Star Gladiator 1 and 2, KoF 95,96,97,2k,2k1,2k2, Any Guilty Gear with exception of X, Warzard, Cyberbots...

Maou
1547th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Wed 17 Dec 11:15post reply

Hooray!

1) SFZero 3, but that was for three minutes. Before that...Third Strike.

2) The SFEX series: SKULLOMANIA

3) Still can't handle 360's, sorry Iron D (I know you love 'em). Also, the retarded diagonal super combos for charge characters like Nash. downback downforward downback upforward. Ridiculous.

4) Ryuu's stage in Third Strike, all the time.

5) Pyscho crushaaa

6) Sorry, East Timor!

7) Yamazaki? Whut

8) Skillz: good for someone who's never done serious arcade play.

9) KoF??

10) Who? I'll pretend you said Taki and say "yes."

11) I want more Justice Gakuen RIGHT NOW

12) Soul Calibur 1 and 2 clocked in at excesses of 1000 hours among me and my friends, I think. Zero 3 is probably a close second, but the sheer volume of Soul Calibur 1 and 2 is unparalled. And damn fun.

13) It may surprise you, but I've never played...any SNK games except Samurai Spirits once in a while. What!?

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

hikarutilmitt
481th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Wed 17 Dec 12:05post reply

1) SSF2THDR

2) Incredibly underrated. I love it to death and the training modes in the first 2 games gave me a really quick and huge boost in timing and reflexes back when EX+@ came out on the PSX. I'm one of the few people who can also look past EX3's shortcomings and enjoy it, despite still knowing it has some horrible flaws compared to the previous 2.

3) 720s. Even when jumping.

4) Ken's theme remix from the SSF2THDR title screen.

5) SEGA and Namco announced a Tekken vs VF crossover game for home consoles, had a tag match, weird outfits for EVERYONE and for some reason had, erm, realistic clothing and body damage. I saw things I liked and things I never would want to actually see.

6) Chad

7) Bastard

8) Honestly? Pretty good but not "OMG FANTASTIC!" I can throw down with some good players and still hold my own, but I doubt I'd be winning any major tournaments any time soon.

9) Judging by match videos: average at best.

10) Yuri is awesome, what you say?! Only KOF girls I like more are Kasumi and May Lee.

I miss May Lee. ;_;

11)Fill in the blank: the Street Fighter EX series needs another game more than any other fighting game series out there.
I wanted to put "Jaleco fighting games in general" here because while generally somewhat crappy, most of their games in that vein were still fun in various ways. I have some sort of odd love for Dead Dance, for instance.

12) As much time as I've put into Street Fighter over the years, probably Virtua Fighter. I practically bathed in it for my last full year of college, played it more after I graduated and kept playing. Then VF5 came out...

13) I honestly cannot fill that in simply because I can't think of any fighting games other than super-recent stuff like maybe BlazBlue or Sugoi! Arcana Heart 2 (both of which I've managed to play!) that I haven't played.

Iron D
3103th Post

"Re(2):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Wed 17 Dec 12:12post reply

quote:

Let's see: Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury 3, the Real Bouts, Art of Fighting 3, Star Gladiator 1 and 2, KoF 95,96,97,2k,2k1,2k2, Any Guilty Gear with exception of X, Warzard, Cyberbots...

Those last few aren't surprises. Rugal is the only person on the planet who has played Warzard, and even he probably hasn't played Cyberbots...

quote:
3) Still can't handle 360's, sorry Iron D (I know you love 'em).

Ya damn right. I guess I can see how they would't be everyone's cup of joe though...

Er.....

Megane
442th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Wed 17 Dec 12:25post reply

Marvel Super Heroes, beat it with Spidey. It was on the way home from work and I needed some stress relief.

Gets what it deserves.

Hm. Standing 360, and the old Tiger Knee motion (2,3,6,9).

Goes back to the classic: Ryu's SF2.

My friends and I entered a tournament (as in we were the fighters). The stage was the open lobby of one of our college buildings. My first opponent was a buddy of mine with Dhalsim moves. He would just outstretch his feet while I was rushing headfirst to him. I don't remember how but I beat him and moved on to the next level, where I got my ass handed to me by a grappler analogue. Instead of a Spinning Piledriver, it's more of an aerial Rolling Power Bomb - I could see the world spinning around me until I hit the pavement.

I'm not sure. Turkey?

7) Yamazaki?
Batshit insane and loving it.

1 Mashers and below.
2 Beginner.
3 Scrub.
4 Graduate from scrub-hood, but not Good Enough.
5 Good Enough. <- me
6 Really good.
7 Whoever gets into Final 8 in tourneys but gets trashed easily.
8 Wong/Daigo

On the same scale, probably 4.5

Ehhh, she's okay. It bugs me a little that she and others similar to her can hang with other fighters with actual muscles. At least she's not as annoying as BAO.

Darkstalkers.

It's either MSH, or Street Fighter 3:TS

Real Bout, any of them. They're largely unknown in my area.

Maou
1549th Post

"Re(3):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Wed 17 Dec 12:38post reply

quote:

Those last few aren't surprises. Rugal is the only person on the planet who has played Warzard, and even he probably hasn't played Cyberbots...

Ya damn right. I guess I can see how they would't be everyone's cup of joe though...

But dude, I want to be a good Sodom, I really do! "Die Job Death Car?"

RE: Cyberbots...didn't a lot of people play Cyberbots? I remember seeing it in magazines, assuming this was the one from like 10 years ago that used the Saturn ram cart and had huge huge robots, including a Gouki robot as a secret.

Iron D
3106th Post

"Re(4):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Wed 17 Dec 13:06post reply

quote:

But dude, I want to be a good Sodom, I really do! "Die Job Death Car?"

You're just going to have to accept it: you'll NEVER be a good Sodom player. In fact "don't touch my mustache!".

quote:
RE: Cyberbots...didn't a lot of people play Cyberbots? I remember seeing it in magazines, assuming this was the one from like 10 years ago that used the Saturn ram cart and had huge huge robots, including a Gouki robot as a secret.

Nah, no one has ever played Cyberbots. You must be thinking of that other game...you know...um...Karate Champ.

Er.....

Maou
1552th Post

"Re(5):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Wed 17 Dec 13:11:post reply

quote:

You're just going to have to accept it: you'll NEVER be a good Sodom player. In fact "don't touch my mustache!".

Nah, no one has ever played Cyberbots. You must be thinking of that other game...you know...um...Karate Champ.

Nooooo! As long as I can scrape by with Jigoku Scrape's simple quarter circle, the hope (legend?) will never die! With my new Saturn pad for PS2, I actually did more 360s in an hour than I had in my life.

And yes! It WAS Cyberbots. I remember this. Of course, I didn't play this either, but I remember seeing a lot of it. Did it come out abroad?

And as for Karate Champ: "STOP. JUDGE: LAME." was my favorite line for noisy Shingo-esque irritants for a while. I love the Karate Champ Judge.

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 17 Dec 13:12]

Pollyanna
2614th Post

"Re(1):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Wed 17 Dec 13:32post reply

Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

I've never been a fan, but I've never been a detractor, either. I have no idea how popular or unpopular the games really are.

Nothing really. Standing 720? There are a lot of moves I can't do like...one after another, but no particular motion.

4) What music from a fighting game is stuck in your head right now?

Yattaman no Uta, although it's not the Tatsunoko vs Capcom version stuck in my head.

I don't tend to remember my dreams, unfortunately. I dreamed I was a sentai hero last night, though.

Djibouti.

7) Yamazaki?

Don't use him, but love him all the same.

Terrible. Though it's hard to say with fighting games, since it seems like most people who play them are really serious.

At least average. When I watch tournament videos, the people do the same thing I do...they just do it much better.

As a part-time Yuri user, I'm not sure if I'm qualified to answer that. I'll just say "less annoying than Malin".

Advanced VG! If they could improve as much as they did from 1 to 2 again, we'd have a real winner.

Hrrrm...dunno. I'm STILL playing KOF XI regularly as I have since it came out, but when I was younger I know I put a tremendous amount of time into GGX, KOF 98, DOA2 and Vampire Hunter.

Any Mortal Kombat after 3? That shouldn't be much of a surprise, but I think I have everything else covered.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Iron D
3109th Post

"Re(2):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Wed 17 Dec 15:37:post reply

Street Fighter Alpha 3 (on PSP).

I really can't stand it, but from what I can tell that seems to be the general consensus so I'd say it gets the attention it deserves.

I cannot get that Break Spiral super of Duck King's to work. Geese's usual Raging Storm motion is a pain in the ass too.

Currently my brain is alternating between the TvC version of Alex's theme and John Talbain's theme from Darkstalkers.

I once had a dream where I was hanging with Honda and Dhalsim. For some reason, Honda was sitting behind a big pot and was really pissed for some reason. He was yelling and ranting while Dhalsim kept trying to calm him down. Weird stuff.

The United Arab Emirates.

7) Yamazaki?

BADASS.

Decent, but I'm not winning any tournaments anytime soon, if ever.

I'm going to steal Pollyanna's answer word for word: At least average. When I watch tournament videos, the people do the same thing I do...they just do it much better.

She sure as hell is. Glad to see someone agrees with me on this.

Darkstalkers!

Definitely Alpha 3. First I played it alot in arcades, then on PS1. Then I bought it when I got a DC, then years later I got Alpha collection, THEN I got the PSP version. And I played the crap out of all of the versions of it. I seem to love the game more as time goes on.

KoF 02, 03, AoF3. All of the other fighters I haven't played are fairly obscure.

Er.....

[this message was edited by Iron D on Wed 17 Dec 18:02]

Maese Spt
461th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Wed 17 Dec 17:53post reply

Oh, god, how do I love threads that give me an excuse to dissert about the most interesting theme I know: me, myself, and my likings. Let's open the gates of narcissism.

Can't remember exactly, but probably SFIV

I enjoyed the first installement quite a lot on the arcades back on the day, and I still think that some of the characters were really interesting. I'd like to see more of Pullum or Skullomania. I lost track after SFEX2, tough.

I am terribly bad at 360ş moves and the like. Heck, I can't even pull out properly a miserable without a friggin' arcade joystick. That's how patetically clumsy I am.

If Final Fight counts as a fighting game, then I'd say "Big katana boss", that is, Sodom's BGM.

I don't remember having dreamt about a fighting game in my life. If I had, probably it must had been some Street Figther stuff.

The Vatican

7) Yamazaki?
I always loved the yakuza-type thugs, so I like him as a character... but I've almost never played him.

Medium level, I guess, but probably somewhat less than average.

I totally suck. I don't even qualify as a beginner.

Are you kidding, man??!! She's TEH AWESOMENESS! The best character in KoF and/or AoF by far and, not incidentally, the only one I can play with some guarantee of winning a round against pretty much anybody. Both gameplay-wise and character-wise, it's one of my all time favourites. Back in the day, it totally blew my mind to see how she developped from being the damsel in distress on AoF to beating he crap out of everybody from the second game onwards. One of the most clever and original ideas SNK has ever pulled out, in my opinion.

Justice Gakuen/Rival Schools. And probably Pocket Fighter too.

Soul Edge

13) Fill in the blank again: it may surprise you, but I've never played "insert fighting game here"
Darkstalkers. Or was it Vampire Savior...? I dunno, the only game on the series I have played is the last one on its PSX incarnation. I plan to corect this situation on the near future, tough.

Digitalboy
583th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Wed 17 Dec 20:41post reply

Dead Or Alive 4

No one, beyond the internet that is, that I know even talks about it. I bought SFEx3 last year so I can have a variety of fighting games. Not bad nor good.

Guile/Balrog-Vega type inputs: . Enjoy playing these characters but when supers are available I do not even try.

Andy Bogard' stage in Fatal Fury 2.

None

Laos

7) Yamazaki?
Fun to play with especially when opponents underestimates him.

Which one?
SF Zero/Alpha: Have no interest in the series other than how Dictator Vega-M.Bison is portrayed in Zero/Alpha 3. So I would be awful in this game.

SF II (all versions): I am okay. I know the moves but I am too predictable in this version.

SF III: I am below good and above rookie...so I am decent at this one?

As long as it is not the tag KOF, I am good for the "American" standard.

Have to agree with Maese Spt on this one. He said it best.

The Rumble Fish.

Third Strike.

13) Fill in the blank again: it may surprise you, but I've never played "insert fighting game here"
It is not a surprise: The Rumble Fish 2. I was only able to play the first one as an import and was never able to find The Rumble Fish 2 at the arcades when I last visited Japan in 2006.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Iggy
8773th Post

"Re(1):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Wed 17 Dec 21:20post reply

I like these threads !

1) last fighting game you played?
Tatsunoko vs Capcom

2) The SFEX series
The training mode (challenge mode?) of the first game on PS1 was great. Everything else was garbage, and should be forgotten forever. Thank god, it is.

3) difficult motions
standing 720°

Can I say Taiyô wa Noboru, Okami's main theme? It's also the theme when you fight the 3rd form of Tatsunoko's final boss, so...
If not, I tried to think of something else and got 2 at the same time: Alex's theme in SF3, and Pyron's theme in Hunter.

5) dreams related to fighting games
None that I can think of...

Austria?

7) Yamazaki?
Ney.

Below average. I'm generally not very good, and the lack of opponent doesn't help.

Same answer.

(I'll take it as "the current, post 98 Yuri")
I like her because she's so damn annoying (and because she's usually lost amongst 30 or so other characters). If she was the only girl of the game, it would be very different.

11)the Justice Gakuen series needs another game more than any other fighting game series out there.

Vampire Savior 1. KOF 98 close second.

13) it may surprise you, but I've never played Karnov's Revenge.

quote:
Rugal is the only person on the planet who has played Warzard, and even he probably hasn't played Cyberbots...
You should apologize to Devilot right now!
And I actually played a bit of 1P Warzard.
That's pretty much all I have to say about it.

Time Mage
2740th Post

"Re(2):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Wed 17 Dec 21:33:post reply

Any excuse to waste time is welcome by me:

SSFIIT, GBA edition: Had to kill some time and I didn't have any other game at hand.

I'd say they get either the attention they deserve or maybe a little less. Hardocre SF fans tend to despise the series, mainly due to the generic normal moves (and, in fact, seeing most everyone with the same animations for the jumping kicks/punches and crouching medium kicks/muches was pretty bad), but on the other hand, the gameplay was excellent and had the awesome practice mode that taught many of us the antics of comboing.

The pretzel motion, Fei Long's "Chicken Wing" motion, and the standing 720, mainly. The first two are below but not to far from 50% success. The standing 720 I can only do if I buffer it from blockstun or out of a dash.

Right now, it's Fe Long's stage version of SSFIITHD Remix. Pretty good version, IMO.

I don't remember any FG related dream, but I'm sure I've dreamt in the past about winning a tournament.

The Republic of Congo.

7) Yamazaki?
SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Yamzaki is awesome.

Depends on the game:
- SSFIIT: Above scrub level, but below intermediate player level.
- SFA2/3: The same as SSFIIT, probably a bit higher.
- SFIII Third Strike: Pretty good, yet not tourney-winner good. I can go toe to toe with some of the highest ranked players in the country (although I lose most of the time), and I have placed high in various local tournaments with quite good competition. In a popular US or Japan arcade I guess I'd only be an average player, though. On the other hand, considering I play Remy and Elena, I think it's not that bad.

I'm not very good, and I just can't get better. There's something in the KOF system that never connects with me. I'm not a scrub, you know, but even in KOF98, the one I'm better at, I can't do anything other than being a pain with Goro, Ralf and Kim.

She's more "meh" than annoying for me, actually. I never liked her too much, and neither I hated her. She's just there, wasting a character slot.

I'd say Fatal Fury. MotW was an awesome game, but like most games with a new system, it lacked polish everywhere. If it could get a sequel that evolved the MotW system a bit while making it less dumb (hiya stupidly easy JD and zero landing lag after a jumping attack), it would be awesome.

Street Fighter III: Third Strike by a very large margin. I've just spent entire afternoons playing the game in 6-8 hours sessions with a friend, and even if I don't play that much, when there's a fighting games meeting, TS is always played for at least a couple of hours.

I honestly can't think of a popular FG I've NEVER played... I've never played Virtua Figher 1 and 3, now that I think of it. And any MK after 3, I don't think I've played those either.

EDIT: I played Warzard in an arcade a few times (enough to get some levelups with Leo), but I've never seen Cyberbots.

"News flash big guy: You can wax on wax off all you want I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"

[this message was edited by Time Mage on Wed 17 Dec 21:39]

Nekros
145th Post

Regular Customer

"Re:Random fighting game related questions" , posted Wed 17 Dec 22:58post reply

If does count, Guardian Heroes on Sega Saturn.
If not, I don't remember. Maybe tonight I'll give a check on Basara Cross.

I didn't consider this series as crappy as most hardcore SF fans stated but it's a mediocre fighting game with mediocre engine, graphics and characters. Nothing more.

The standing 720 with most pads, the preztl motion (I rubbed the plastic of my dual shock doing that) and almost every button combo in 3D fighters.

Rock theme from MOTW.

Just two nights ago, I dreamed buying a mook of console SFIV where Ibuki was added. Also, I've dreamed about playing a SFIV arcade and back in time about SVC Chaos with a cartoonish graphics.

6)Name one country that has never had a representative in a fighting game.
The Republic of San Marino.

7) Yamazaki?
Cool Yakuza Guy, as The Count would say: BADASS!

Mmmhhh, usually above average in SSF2X and Zero series, average/mediocre on SF3, depends on the opponent.

Not as skilled as in Capcom fighters, I lose often with skilled/good players, even when they have though matches against me.

I don't like her, nor dislike. She can improve as a character if she will get more mature and attractive.

Vampire Series. I always dreamed about a new graphic engine (sprite based) for a 4th game. I was very excited in Sammy vs Capcom project focusing on Vampire, but it endend in nothing.

Vampire Hunter/Savior, SF2: CE, the 3 Zero games and CVS 2.

Virtua Fighter 3 and the Fighters History series.

Ikari Loona
238th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Wed 17 Dec 23:07post reply

1) If Streets of Rage 1 on the Megadrive doesn't count, then it was Soul Calibur IV.

2) It didn't feel like a main series games given it's original characters, but playwise it was fun and fluid, and super-cancelling was a fun innovation, so I'd say the positives outweight the negatives. Didn't try the tag-team mode in the last game in the series though.

3) 360s, 720s, Sommersault Justice, classic Raging Storm, Deadly Rave... Ivy's Summon Suffering probably also deserves a mention.

4) Usually Kyo's Esaka from KoF94, an imagined string orchestra version of Goenitz's theme in KoF 96 and Geese's theme is also a frequent visitor.

5) Closest would be to imaging myself levitating Dhalsim-style, sort of jumping into a floating cross-legged position mid-air.

6) Portugal

7) Yamazaki would be the ultimate SNK boss if he kept both hand out of his pockets. Nice defense/counter-based concept playwise, baddass presence stylewise (his first KoF gave him a classy look, but I still prefer his thug looks from the FFs).

8) Average to decent - it's my base for all fighting games, but my limitations are combo-ineptness and trickier motions (see above).

9) Since I play the CPU for the plot, I've only developed so much, barely ever remembering to even roll. When I've 1st seen people playing the game to its full capability I realized how far behind I was.

10) She's stagnated, mostly, although the SF-parodying can be a neat touch at times. SNK might do well to drop the girly act and make her matured not unlike they've been gradually doing with Ryo. She did manage to learn to fiht decently after being kidnapped, I'd expect more Sarah Connor-like determination from her. Then again, in the KoF games she doesn't react to Mr. Big or Geese, so maybe in that timeline the AoF incidents nevr happened...

11)Art of Fighting. Am I the only one that thinks rationing your use of specials and punching projectiles is a good thing?...

12) Probably a split between KoF 96 and 97.

13) MvC2

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Iggy
8775th Post

"Re(2):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Thu 18 Dec 00:00post reply

Oh, oh, oh, let me change my vote for the series that needs a sequel: Justice Gakuen is great and all, but I think a simple compilation with all the fighting and not-fighting games could be enough.

What we really need is a brand new, actualized and shiny POWER STONE !
There was something so charming in this game.
1) fight begins. Players just walk around apathetically, hit other players or random treasures.
2) Player 1 gets 2 powerstones.
3) Everyone suddenly turns against him.
4) Player 1 dies. Player 3 gets lucky in the brawl and collects all the power stones.
5) Everyone flees in horror during 10 seconds as Player 3 unleashes absurd amounts of power across the whole stage.
6) His power runs off. Everyone turns against Player 3 to make him pay.
7) Repeat.

I always thought the game had the potential to surpass Smash Bros, but never was given enough attention and faded without getting a proper chance. Now, with the arcades dead and online play, we could have insane Power Stone matches with 8 or 10 crazy characters wreaking havoc for hours of stupid fun.

Nekros
147th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Thu 18 Dec 02:30post reply

quote:

I always thought the game had the potential to surpass Smash Bros, but never was given enough attention and faded without getting a proper chance.

Smash Bros is all about characters, cameos, music remixes and goodies from the original series the game features.
If Power Stone was programmed following these lines maybe it could be even better than Nintendo's series.

Nate
962th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Thu 18 Dec 02:36post reply

quote:
Guile/Balrog-Vega type inputs:

I hated these too but there's a shortcut for pulling these off reliably! Now I can whip out Killer Bee Assault whenever I please.

As for my answers:

Genocide Sa-Ga. Yeah I don't know either.

There are some painfully bad character designs but I do like Pullum Purna and a few others for their sheer ridiculousness. The training mode, as people mentioned, was an awesome idea. There were a few other wonky things about the games too, but overall they had good ideas that ended up being executed poorly. Some good music, though!

Standing 720, lots of old crazy SNK motions but not Raging Storm because that has a shortcut. My problems are more with pulling off things in sequence properly, especially in games like Guilty Gear.

Pullum Purna's theme, now that I mentioned her.

i can't remember any in particular but how bout that Smart Chang-tan?

Iceland

7) Yamazaki?
He's not really a my chara but I know how to play him fairly well. I'm never really upset to see him in a game, at least.

Probably like 4.5/10. I have far more trouble pulling off combos in SF games than in KOF.

7/10 because KOF combos make a lot more sense to me. I can throw down but sometimes it depends on the year. 96 and earlier are harder because of the lack of command normals to chain things together.

They just need to let her age a bit, like I've said before. They never will, but it'd be awesome to see a Buriki-era Yuri being a mature woman and kicking ass.

Vampire, Justice Gakuen, Fuu'un/Savage Reign (only if it's good or hilariously bad), Nejibako (we'll see if it ever becomes a series), POWER INSTINCT...I cannot seriously pick just one

I've logged a lot of time with KOFs from 97 on and Vampire Savior but probably the most time has been spent playing Soul Calibur 3. Ah college.

Most of the Guilty Gears past XX, Melty Blood series, Arcana Heart 2 and upgrades, Samurai Spirits Tenka, Nejibako, KOF XI...quite a few newer ones.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

karasu99
29th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Thu 18 Dec 02:52:post reply

quote:
Yes, this is pointless. I just like asking the Cafeers these kinds of questions.

Today it seems anything will distract me from working. Oh well. Maybe I should just lean into it.

1)last fighting game you played? Real Bout Special, as Mai, of all people.

2) The SFEX series: Underrated, but only because I never hear it discussed. Not even here, really.

3) What motions are you still not able to pull off at least semi-regularly? Geese's unsimplified raging storm.

4) What music from a fighting game is stuck in your head right now? Since Iron D had to mention it, Axel's music from Garou 2.

5) We've all had dreams related to fighting games. Describe one of yours. I used to have dreams of performing Zangief's over the top wrestling throws years ago while working at a frustrating job.

6) Name one country that has never had a representative in a fighting game. ARGH! Beaten by seconds by Nate to Iceland. So, I'll choose... Panama.

7) Yamazaki? Yes, thank you.

8) Honestly, how good of a SF player do you consider yourself to be? Exactly in the middle, sadly. I had glory days of being good before the really good players learned their trade. Now I'm mediocre at best.

9) Same as 8, except apply it to KoF. Better than SF, but still sadly in the middle. I'm better at Garou though, but you didn't ask.

10) Is Yuri Sakazaki annoying as shit or what? Big time. There were years in KOF where it was very subtly hinted that she, not Ryo, was Takuma's real successor as head of Kyokugenryu, so I have no clue why she's still running around in the same outfit she wore in Ryuko2, from-- what, 1993, and with the same stupid cutesy moves. She needs a major revision more than most other KOF regulars, but I think she only avoids the design scrutiny leveled against Iori and such because she's not nearly as popular.

For the record, I had no idea that that answer would be so long and rant-like.

11)Fill in the blank: the RYUKO NO KEN series needs another game more than any other fighting game series out there. For some reason SNK dropped this series incredibly fast, unlike Garou, which has had ridiculous numbers of sequels. In all seriousness, does anyone here know any of the reasoning why? Ryuko3 only suffered in terms of character design.

12) What single fighting game have you played overall more than any other? Real Bout Special, hands down.

13) Fill in the blank again: it may surprise you, but I've never played "insert fighting game here". Can't really think of one. Okay, KILLER INSTINCT, but that's a lie, because I played it once, didn't care for it, and subsequently only played it ever again while drunk. Scratch that-- VERY drunk.

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Thu 18 Dec 02:59]

Ishmael
3354th Post

"Re(1):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Thu 18 Dec 04:22post reply

quote:

SF4 oddly enough.
quote:

SFEX was a series that seemed like it might go somewhere then it started to emphasize the worst aspects of the games. When you could kick people to Mars I knew the game was never going to go places.

quote:

still gives me fits. In some games I can land it flawlessly, in others I constantly screw it up.

quote:
I consider it such a component o the game that I really can't think of fighting game soundtracks as existing outside of the game.

quote:
I plead the 5th.

quote:

Monaco?

quote:
7) Yamazaki?

I preferred him in the FF series as opposed to all the Orochi baggage he was saddled with in KoF.

quote:

Not great but not bad.

quote:

Problem is, KoF is far from my favorite SNK title.

quote:
A lot of characters who have been chained to KoF have been stuck with quirks instead of any sort of potential for character growth. I don't expect franchise characters to radically change but at least give fighters like Yuri something to do other than that one thing she always drags out.

quote:

Darkstalkers.

quote:
Thanks to all it's various iterations that title probably belongs to SF.

quote:

I know I haven't played every fighting game out there but the number I have played is appallingly high.

Nate
963th Post

"Re(2):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Thu 18 Dec 04:55post reply

quote:
Monaco?

Lili from Tekken's Monegasque. Yes, that is the term for someone from there.

karasu99
29th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Thu 18 Dec 05:18post reply

quote:
Monaco?

Lili from Tekken's Monegasque. Yes, that is the term for someone from there.

I was surprised when trying to think of a country by how many are actually represented. I was going to say Columbia when I realized that one might consider the Green Hell that Tam Tam is from to be close to there, although I think it's Guyana, historically.

Time Mage
2742th Post

"Re(2):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Thu 18 Dec 05:27post reply

quote:
still gives me fits. In some games I can land it flawlessly, in others I constantly screw it up.

A-HA! I knew there was something I was missing. I can't pull that type of moves somewhat reliably except in very specific games under very specific circumstances. And specially in the Vampire series, I simply SUCK at that (well, I suck in Vampire, period). I think I've only pulled Morrigan's missile super once in my entire life, and I mean in practice mode, not in a real match. Ugh...

"News flash big guy: You can wax on wax off all you want I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"

Evenor
678th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Thu 18 Dec 05:33post reply

1) GGXX

2) I think the whole SFEX series had is share of fun designs ( Pulim and V.Rosso ) but ultimately the series died when they added that whole awkward tag team battle system in SFEX3.

3) The only motions I've ever had trouble executing are those of diagonal charge supers. I'd always just buffer them in with a roll or something ( depending of the game) but I am slowly getting the hang of it. Actually I have a bigger problem when doing Kusaregedo's Heretic Brand motion. It seems way to simple to me so I usually just mess up and eat a hard slash.

4) I don't know the official track name, but I think it's Taokaka theme from Blazblue. I blame it on geesendou's channel on youtube.

5) All I can think of is when I had a dream where my parents bought me a copy of Puzzle Fighter. When I woke up I asked them where it was

6) Nicaragua

7) I have no problem with him but I prefer his CVS2 incarnation over KOF.

8) I consider myself decent! Not tourney quality but I can hold my own.

9) I feel I am better in KOF than SF. Like others, the combo system just makes more sense to me.

10) I don't find her annoying at all. HOWEVER, I am amused by her true old age. It must be virginal blood.

11) Jojo bizarre adventure! I want some crazy investor to just vomit money into the project. Six button layout! Three human normals and three stand normals(each ranging from light, middle heavy buttons)! IT CAN BE SUPER BROKEN AND AMAZING~~

12) Either SFA2, KOF98 or KOF2k1

13) Melty blood series ,the rumble fish series ,and matrimelee ;o;

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Nate
965th Post

"Re(3):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Thu 18 Dec 05:55:post reply

quote:

A-HA! I knew there was something I was missing. I can't pull that type of moves somewhat reliably except in very specific games under very specific circumstances. And specially in the Vampire series, I simply SUCK at that (well, I suck in Vampire, period). I think I've only pulled Morrigan's missile super once in my entire life, and I mean in practice mode, not in a real match. Ugh...

The thing I've found with Capcom's button tap supers is that you have to execute them with a certain rhythm. What I did to eventually get Morrigan's non-Darkness Illusion EX attacks to work was first vizualize what I had to hit in sequence and then try to get it so that hit each part with maybe a half second between each press. I think this might have something to do with playing a lot of rhythm/music games as well, though. Maybe that'll help? For me it made even Anakaris' level 3 super easier.

[this message was edited by Nate on Thu 18 Dec 05:58]

Time Mage
2743th Post

"Re(4):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Thu 18 Dec 06:02post reply

quote:
The thing I've found with Capcom's button tap supers is that you have to execute them with a certain rhythm. What I did to eventually get Morrigan's non-Darkness Illusion EX attacks to work was first vizualize what I had to hit in sequence and then try to get it so that hit each part with maybe a half second between each press. I think this might have something to do with playing a lot of rhythm/music games as well, though. Maybe that'll help? For me it made even Anakaris' level 3 super easier.

I don't think so, since I suck at rhythm games, heh. Maybe that's why I can't pull those moves off? I just try to hit the buttons as fast as possible, but either I screw up the sequence, or I press them too slow.

Thanks for the advice, anyway, I'll try my luck again in SFIV. I read the shungokusatsu is easier there because you can enter the last three inputs at the same time, so it'd be like this: , ,

Toxico
4594th Post

"Re(1):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Thu 18 Dec 06:36post reply

quote:

Samusupi Tenka

quote:

げのげだな, not only characters are incredebly dull & boring to play, but you can also use Custom combos to protect yourself with an universal safe invincible attack. Seriously, it's less original and less fun than SF2.

quote:

Ryo's MAX Ryuko ranbu it's pretty hard to get. Also I don't know 90% of Darkstalker's button dialing moves.

quote:

I was reading Yawara! last night, and due to certain slight similarities (wink, wink); world heroes themes rampaged through my mind as I kept on reading. Mainly I "heard" WH2J USA stage music.

quote:

I don't think that I have ever dreamed being a character, But many times I dreamed about playing in the arcades, winning and teasing my enemy in the utmost humiliating ways... It seemed so real .

quote:

Once you realize that the World has more than 120 countries, you do realize that the 30 or 40 countries that are in videogames just don't cut it. Chile for example, has never had any proper representation (I think Los Andes was a very hard near end stage on a SNES plataform game). Even in things that go crazy with country representation, it's hard to find Chile anywhere, (like Kinnikuman. The only hero from Chile was a huge moai thing that got destroyed by the main character extremely quickly in this current time travel tag team arc).

quote:

7) Yamazaki?

was way cooler in the garou games

quote:

People used to bane me, curse me and label me as an 'evil inhuman sorcerer' in Z2 or Second Impact, but it has been too long since that.

quote:

I used to be dangerous, but I have been retired for so long... Old soldiers do fade away, it seems

quote:

Never gave it anythought. She was cooler when she had that Ryuuko 2 perfect win

quote:

Neo Geo Super Dodge Ball. Easily. The game just crossed the line from a "quiet & tranquil" sports game to being an "hyper active, hard to play" competitive game. Cancels, buffered moves, combos, stuns, frame advantages, cross ups, psyhologichal warfare. Not to mention the Kunio Kun street punk charisma. The game just had too many fighting game aspects and was crazy & fun. Too bad they stopped it in one game (or rather, when bankrupt after that one).

quote:

Be surprised by this : KoF 99'. The "second places" for those "most played games" are pretty normal (like Korin, or Tekken Tag).

quote:

I'd said "I don't care to touch Mortal Kombat" but that's the exact opposite to a surprise. I haven't played any doujin game factory after Variable Geo

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 09/12/08 (58 personajes)

Maou
1552th Post

"Re(2):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Thu 18 Dec 11:28post reply

Based on the number of votes for a new game in the Justice Gakuen series, I'm convinced that 79% of the world's Justice players are at the Cafe. Which means there are about 13 people unaccounted for, but still. I miss Daigo so...

nobinobita
454th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Thu 18 Dec 18:22:post reply

Ah fun post! I'm late to the game but here goes!

CVS2

Underrated. The first two were fun, had responsive controls and great graphics that worked with the limitations of the system. I love those blocky graphics because they still conveyed the right sense of form and weight, like an under-drawing. They were simple but deliberate (something that is sorely lacking in most current games).

Also the series has had fantastic art by Bengus and Ikeno, who really came into his own on SFEX2.

ALSO, the game introduced some great gameplay concepts. SFEX introduced the concept of linking specials into supers (fire ball into double fireball). The combo system was fun and there were combos that used 4 meters when you could only stock 3 (the fourth one was filled up as you comboed). There was also a great tutorial mode that walked you through how to do all these combos. I'm not 100% sure if what I stated is fact, it's just the first game I recall doing these things.

It's also the first SF game I recall having throw inputs and throw cancels.

And it had Skull o Mania.

I'm not adept at 360s, 720s, raging demons, and 3d tekken train combos.

"This is the truuuue luv makin'"

I actually used to dream about PLAYING Capcom fighters that I could only read about in EGM.

Someone needs to make a cool Mongolian fighter. There's probably already been one, but I don't recall (unless you count Ramenman disguised as Mongolman).

7) Yamazaki?

I have a friend that looks just like him.

After 2 decades I'm still a scrub. I enjoy mid level play. I can handle the basics, but I'm absolutely creamed by high level players. I play more for fun and for the wonderful marriage of sites, sounds and interactivity.

I stink at this series though I can annoy people with Ash.

Her moves are funny, especially in CVS2. Also she can look quite scandalous with a proper color edit.

Dark Stalkers, Daraku Tenshi, Groove on Fight, Waku Waku 7, Warzard. Oh! And Tobal! And of course Rival Schools!

Third Strike

Hmmmmm tough one. I really really want to play Golden Axe the Duel, Astra Superstars and Martial Masters. Anyone here play any of those?

Also, did anyone else ever play YuYu Hakusho Final for the Super Famicom? I LOVED that game! Aside from being based on the only series I liked as much as Dragonball as a kid, it also had what I remember to be awesome gameplay.

It had a fun and intuitive juggle heavy combo system and it's the first fighting game that I recall having a practice mode as well as the ability to let you tech out of juggles (which was really intuitive cos I always reflexively pressed L and R in SF2 and other games in hopes of recovering from juggles). The game also had cool secret transformation moves for certain characters. I'm sure it's broken like crazy, but I sure loved it back in the 16bit days.

Thanks for such a fun post!

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Thu 18 Dec 18:38]

Digitalboy
584th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Thu 18 Dec 18:59post reply

Thanks for the advice Nate.
quote:
I hated these too but there's a shortcut for pulling these off reliably! Now I can whip out Killer Bee Assault whenever I please.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Iggy
8778th Post

"Re(2):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Thu 18 Dec 19:22post reply

quote:
Someone needs to make a cool Mongolian fighter. There's probably already been one, but I don't recall (unless you count Ramenman disguised as Mongolman).

J.Carn is not happy no one remembers him.
Fortunately, I do.

Oh, and the "mongolian" meme counts, in a way.

Toxico
4598th Post

"Re(3):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Thu 18 Dec 21:44post reply

quote:
J.Carn is not happy no one remembers him.
Fortunately, I do.

Oh, and the "mongolian" meme counts, in a way.

Temjin will thick throw you from block

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 09/12/08 (58 personajes)

kofoguz
650th Post

"Re(2):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Fri 19 Dec 04:54post reply

Ok, Either its KoF XI with friend in arcade, KOF MIRA on ps2 with brother or CFJ to try.

In my town its popular. I played it a few times. Cant say I'm a big fan but it was fun. Pullum and Area was my favourites.

I had an cant-use-charge-characters disability. Now its over. I overcome the motion and Geese Cage motion, I even can pull Kusaregedo Throw if I jump and concentrate but still cant do 360, 720 and sometimes X2.

After reading "stuck" I cant let go of Elena's stage music. If I try hard Elizabeth's theme replace that. Also CvS or 2 color edit music was great, too. How do you guys know the song names anyway?

5) We've all had dreams related to fighting games (unless I really am the only one).
Ok, I got plenty like being in game and I was Kula (not that I expect but it was cool). Lately I saw a SvC2 game with Bulleta in it.
But I never forget the wet dream,orgy with Yashiro and Shermie ( they were like hot humans, not cartoon/sprite version of themselves) anyway that was a hot night.

Eventhough Ottoman has three (Sophie/Cassandra/Lizardman) My beloved country has none. Yes Turkiye.

7) Yamazaki?
Always a good addition. Never sorry when he leaves or enters.

I would like to answer after playing vs someone.

I guess I am above average.Not tourney worthy, though (I guess). But I was absolutely a noob at'97.

Only to my opponents.Especially at '99.

Let me see. AoF first of all. Why only 3+1 games Fatal Fury have about 10 games or more?
Oh the +1 game (Buriki One) should port somewhere also.
Pocket Fighters, doesnt matter SNK or Capcom to do it. Just do it.
Fighting Layers definetely want to see a sequel what would look like.
Of course Darkstalkers. But they should be very careful not to ruin anything, yet do something creative. Or make the first sequel absolutely nostalgic then try something different. Surprise us. (but in a good way.
Also SvC and Ngbc deserves second chances.

'99 or XI.

'96. I was in school and arcade seems like an addiction here. So I was forbidden to go arcade. I missed '96. With loading times I didnt even try then.

Ok I played Warzard once but either it was too hard, or I was too, noob But I couldnt even beat second monster.
Marvel Super Heroes. Marvel Vs SF. Bloody Roar. Also TvC.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Iggy
8779th Post

"Re(3):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Fri 19 Dec 05:29post reply

quote:
Eventhough Ottoman has three (Sophie/Cassandra/Lizardman) My beloved country has none. Yes Turkiye.

Forgive my ignorance, but can't we say it's the same? A little like current Italian people could consider a Roman Empire character theirs?
I mean, Turkey is a young state, but it is considered as the successor of the Ottoman empire, isn't it?
Or maybe you consider Sophitia, Cassandra and Lizardman as "Greeks during the Ottoman occupation" ?

kofoguz
651th Post

"Re(4):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Fri 19 Dec 06:01post reply

quote:
Forgive my ignorance, but can't we say it's the same? A little like current Italian people could consider a Roman Empire character theirs?
I mean, Turkey is a young state, but it is considered as the successor of the Ottoman empire, isn't it?

Actually its true. When I first see their story, I said, "Finally, some fighters from our lands". I live in Anatolian/Mediterrenean city so I was a little bitter, cause character from Anatolian part was a man who become monster, but enough with the oversensitiveness (some legacy from 1910's) Lizardman is awesome.

Also little note for story goofs, Lizardman's anger for Gods, is a nice story and all but if he lives in Ottoman time, he cant be mad to the gods cause Ottomans didnt believe multiple Gods. Even before Islam Turks were worshipping Only Sky God (Gök Tanrı). So no "Gods" for you. Its same for Cassandra and Sophitia. Cause I think Greece left the Myth Gods, even before Ottoman. I could be wrong though.

Longstory short eventhough I would like to see a character from nowadays, we could count Sophitia, Cassandra and Lizardman.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Oroch
1043th Post

"Re(5):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Fri 19 Dec 08:48post reply

quote:

Actually its true. When I first see their story, I said, "Finally, some fighters from our lands". I live in Anatolian/Mediterrenean city so I was a little bitter, cause character from Anatolian part was a man who become monster, but enough with the oversensitiveness (some legacy from 1910's) Lizardman is awesome.

Also little note for story goofs, Lizardman's anger for Gods, is a nice story and all but if he lives in Ottoman time, he cant be mad to the gods cause Ottomans didnt believe multiple Gods. Even before Islam Turks were worshipping Only Sky God (Gök Tanrı). So no "Gods" for you. Its same for Cassandra and Sophitia. Cause I think Greece left the Myth Gods, even before Ottoman. I could be wrong though.

Longstory short eventhough I would like to see a character from nowadays, we could count Sophitia, Cassandra and Lizardman.

isn't the god emperor from anatolia?

kofoguz
652th Post

"Re(6):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Fri 19 Dec 09:47post reply

quote:

Sorry, I didnt get the question.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Oroch
1044th Post

"Re(7):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Fri 19 Dec 10:08post reply

quote:
Sorry, I didnt get the question.

the holy imperator of the empire of man

kofoguz
653th Post

"Re(8):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Fri 19 Dec 11:03post reply

quote:

I dont think that's a true myth to anatolia (I could be wrong)Like I said before converting Islam Anatolian's, and Turks from mid-asia, even before coming Anatolia they believe in One God, GökTanrı. There was no other gods like Chaos Gods and such.

That emperor god could be the myth from even before maybe?

Sorry, for being off-topic Iron D.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Iron D
3111th Post

"Re(9):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Fri 19 Dec 15:39post reply

quote:
I dont think that's a true myth to anatolia (I could be wrong)Like I said before converting Islam Anatolian's, and Turks from mid-asia, even before coming Anatolia they believe in One God, GökTanrı. There was no other gods like Chaos Gods and such.

That emperor god could be the myth from even before maybe?

Sorry, for being off-topic Iron D.

No problem at all. I'm actually intrigued by the mini-history lesson we're getting here, even though it is a bit confusing.

Er.....

Shin ATproof
1228th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Fri 19 Dec 18:28:post reply

1) Blaz Blue. I basically live at my local Arcade now.

2) Definitely gets the negativity it deserves.

3) 720s

4) Riches in Me.(Guilty Gear Isuka)

5) I was at SBO and my team was winning in SamSho Special.

6)...Romanina?

7) Gangster.

8) Tourney worthy in SSF2T and SFZ2. Everything else I totally suck in.

9) Solid midlevel in every KoF.

10) I'd hit that.

11)The Tengai Makyo series needs another game more than any other fighting game series out there. (LOVED Kabuki Klash)

12)...Guilty Gear XX series. I used to take the comp very seriously and regularly attend tournaments until the comp moved to Consoles.

13) It may surprise you, but I've never played Kakuto Chojin.

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

[this message was edited by Shin ATproof on Fri 19 Dec 18:30]

Iron D
3112th Post

"Re(2):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Fri 19 Dec 20:08post reply

quote:

6)...Romanina?

If you mean Romania, Demitri from Darkstalkers is from there.

Er.....

chazumaru
634th Post

"Re(3):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Sat 27 Dec 13:06post reply

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.

Depends on which perspective. Quality-wise, it is probably at the right place as I believe many people must have at least some fond memories of EX+α, while most don't care about the others (and probably many people hate the PS2 game).

As a case of study, the game is very interesting and definitely underrated. The choice of hardware for the arcade version, the staff and reason of being behind Arika, the simultaneous development with SFIII, the interesting IP issues (such as Arika-created characters remaining the property of Arika)... There are tons of elements discuss about. And it gave the world Skullomania.

Geese's Deadly Rave. It doesn't help that the timing is sliiiightly different in each game.

Makoto's theme Jungle Jazz, remixed by McVaffe. I have the in my MP3 player so it comes back often in my ears.

I am pretty sure I had some dreams like that, but I have very weird dreams absolutely every night so I can't recall any fighting game-specific dream right now.

That is a weird question. Lichtenstein? If you mean "a country that actually surprises you", I cannot think about any North Korean fighter.

7) Yamazaki?
Real Bout 2 is a wonderful game.

Crap. I used to be decent 3rd Strike player, though (not tourney level but decent). But that was a long time ago. Never went deep into any other SF series.

"Meh". I used to know a lot of shit/bugs/100% combos for KOF2000, but that is also when I grew apart from the series. My Heidern can(could?) annoy some people in '98. Not scrub but not much more.

The joke got old fast. However I love Nate's idea of an older Yuri.

Well, I can think of a bunch of games that definitely need a sequel even though I would not care about it. I would be very interested in seeing a modern take on all the ideas behind the original Ryuuko/AOF series (all the design ideas behind the two first episodes + the animation technique of the third one). I think we had a discussion about how a fourth episode could/should have been, a long time ago on MMC.

Vampire Hunter and Real Bout 2. Probably RB2 by now.

Do you mean seriously, or played at all? It may surprise you, but I've never played... Err... Arcana Heart. I think. Maybe once?

quote:
Nah, no one has ever played Cyberbots.

What the hell are you talking about!? It even has a console port! Having played the first episode Powered Gear is probably way more uncommon.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Iron D
3122th Post

"Re(4):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Sun 28 Dec 07:56post reply

quote:

What the hell are you talking about!? It even has a console port! Having played the first episode Powered Gear is probably way more uncommon.

NO ONE has played Cyberbots. Not even the developers themselves. I've asked them. I was all like "yo brothas, what's up with this Cyberbots shit?" and they were like "Man, we ain't played that shit," and I was like "aye, but didn't you develop that shit?" and they were like "yea, but we ain't never played it," and I was like "word?" and they was like "word."

Er.....

Maou
1558th Post

"Re(5):Random fighting game related questions" , posted Sun 28 Dec 08:48post reply

quote:

NO ONE has played Cyberbots. Not even the developers themselves. I've asked them. I was all like "yo brothas, what's up with this Cyberbots shit?" and they were like "Man, we ain't played that shit," and I was like "aye, but didn't you develop that shit?" and they were like "yea, but we ain't never played it," and I was like "word?" and they was like "word."

Heheh. I think that there are plenty of people who know OF Cyberbots, but even among Saturn owners with RAM carts, I think the actual play rate of Cyberbots may be approaching .0000001% and I saw huge features on it in magazines. Poor Cyberbots.