XBOX HUEG - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1813 Views )

Juke Joint Jezebel
3643th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"XBOX HUEG" , posted Sun 14 Dec 14:49post reply

sup mmcafe. decided to purchase a 360 but i'm stupid and not sure which package to get ;( would love to hear some of your opinions

i'm mainly buying it so i can download and play some 2D games if that helps

Replies:

ONSLAUGHT
3783th Post

"Re(1):XBOX HUEG" , posted Sun 14 Dec 14:57post reply

quote:
sup mmcafe. decided to purchase a 360 but i'm stupid and not sure which package to get ;( would love to hear some of your opinions

i'm mainly buying it so i can download and play some 2D games if that helps

Buy the Elite, it has HDMI output and a bigger HDD, plus wireless controller and with a sexy black finish.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3644th Post

"Re(2):XBOX HUEG" , posted Sun 14 Dec 14:59post reply

quote:
Buy the Elite, it has HDMI output and a bigger HDD, plus wireless controller and with a sexy black finish.

will i have enough for this "elite"?
or will the repo man break into my house and cut out my organs?

Digitalboy
581th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):XBOX HUEG" , posted Sun 14 Dec 16:20post reply

I believe it was Undead Fred informed me awhile back to buy the 360 from Best Buy and get the lifetime warranty on it. Just in case of the red ring of <dramatic pause> death. With the warranty Best Buy (not Microsoft) will have to replace it for you.

Have there been any reports of the red ring lately on the newer versions of 360?

Where is Undead Fred?
quote:
will i have enough for this "elite"?
or will the repo man break into my house and cut out my organs?

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Grave
1157th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):XBOX HUEG" , posted Sun 14 Dec 20:59post reply

They all have HDMI now. The Elite just comes with a cable too. Get the $200 retard pack and then scoop this up:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=232501&c=1&linkid=j13459594k3787

At least, that's what I plan to do soon!

emagius
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):XBOX HUEG" , posted Mon 15 Dec 02:03post reply

quote:
They all have HDMI now. The Elite just comes with a cable too. Get the $200 retard pack and then scoop this up:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=232501&c=1&linkid=j13459594k3787

Agreed. All 360 models include a wireless controller and HDMI. The only difference between the Elite ($400) and Arcade ($200), besides the $200 price difference, are the bundled hard drive, bundled HDMI cable, bundled headset, and the color (black instead of white). Oh, and the Arcade's apparently more likely to have the updated Jasper chipset (should reduce RROD). And the arcade comes with better pack-in games.

hikarutilmitt
480th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):XBOX HUEG" , posted Mon 15 Dec 02:42post reply

quote:

Agreed. All 360 models include a wireless controller and HDMI. The only difference between the Elite ($400) and Arcade ($200), besides the $200 price difference, are the bundled hard drive, bundled HDMI cable, bundled headset, and the color (black instead of white). Oh, and the Arcade's apparently more likely to have the updated Jasper chipset (should reduce RROD). And the arcade comes with better pack-in games.

The only real "issue" with doing that is also that the Elite comes with the HDMI kit which would be necessary to get 5.1 while using HDMI, since the 360's HDMI only offer 2.1 output (basically you need the dongle it comes with). That and the Elite (and Pro) comes with the component cables.

Frankly, even with installing a bunch of my games using the NXE, I'm only using about 60GB of my HDD (the Rock Band 1 tracks exported for RB2 total about 1.5GB). The best bet, at this point, would be to get the 60GB Pro holiday bundle that saves you $100 and still gets you a couple of decent games (well, a decent game, Kung Fu Panda.... ehh no) plus you'll have the component cables for HD output.