This or That - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2467 Views )

Iron D
3092th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"This or That" , posted Thu 11 Dec 06:26post reply

Do you prefer:

For Geese - Short range Repukken (ala KoF Geese) or projectile Repukken (ala Fatal Fury and CvS)?

Alpha 2 custom combos, Alpha 3 V-ism custom combos, or A groove custom combos?

Parrying or Just Defense?

Kyo with fireball and no multi-punches, or Kyo with multi-punches and no fireball?

SF2 series Chun-li, Alpha Chun-li or SF3 Chun-li?

"Fat" Bison/Dictator (ala the Alpha games and VS. series) or "skinny" Bison (ala...everything else)?

Which looks cooler - Geese's "Cage" style Raging Storm or Rock's "big splash" Raging Storm?

Raiden or Griffon Mask?

Morrigan or Lilith?

Gameplay wise (and not design wise)- Guy or Maki?

Which do you prefer overall - Gen's Crane Style or his Mantis style?

Er.....

Replies:

Kikkoken
1183th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):This or That" , posted Thu 11 Dec 07:11post reply

For Geese - projectile Repukken : why prefer the short-range version when you can have the projectile for the same price?

Not into custom comboes I'm afraid.

Never played SFIII to my shame.

Kyo with multi-punches and no fireball (I'm more of a melee type player).

SF2 series Chun-li: the original had a very pretty face, and the drumstick thighs were less outrageously meaty then, or so it seems to me.

"skinny" Bison: looked more intimidating.

Geese's "Cage" style Raging Storm : because the cage reminds me of a few crazy nights I spent in clubs.nn

Griffon: the body is appetizing, and the mask might reveal a very handsome face after all.

Lilith: I'm sick of Morrigan's ugly sprite, and her green hair annoys me.

Guy: has comboes rarely seen in a 2D fighter (L punch into M punch into F...), and a fancy kind of jump.

Haven't played Gen enough.

Voilà!

Phoenix
901th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):This or That" , posted Thu 11 Dec 07:27:post reply

Geese: Projectile reppukens.

Custom combos:
Sorry never cared much for custom combos...too broken/uneven? If I had to choose...A groove.

I suck at both...but I prefer JD cuz of its strategical implications.

Kyo:
Multi punches and no fireball.

It would be either SF2 or SF3...I guess SF3 by a slim margin...but she needs to be toned down.

Bison: Skinny of course.

Which looks cooler - Geese's "Cage" style Raging Storm or Rock's "big splash" Raging Storm?
Cage style. I assume Rock's version will evolve.

Raiden or Griffon Mask?
I haven't played Raiden too much...

Morrigan or Lilith?
Morrigan

Haven't played Guy too much either.

Gen's Crane Style or his Mantis style?
Mantis style cuz of the super where he goes thru the opponent.

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Thu 11 Dec 07:33]

Mozex
353th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):This or That" , posted Thu 11 Dec 08:57post reply

I'm a really big fan of fat Bison, particularly from the VS games. I enjoy his static ball/teleport traps; it's just too bad they don't really work in those games.

I'd really like to see a 1v1 game around characters VS series. There were lots of interesting characters that ended up being no fun to play based on the dynamics of the game. They belong in a game without tag-outs, super-jumps, and beam-projectiles. Is Capcom Fighting Jam close to being that game?

Be kind to goblins.

Iron D
3093th Post

"Re(2):This or That" , posted Thu 11 Dec 09:10post reply

quote:
Is Capcom Fighting Jam close to being that game?

Nope. Not at all.

Er.....

karasu99
21th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):This or That" , posted Thu 11 Dec 09:48post reply

For Geese, projectile Repukken (by far!)

Alpha 2 custom combos (but only just)

Just Defense

Kyo with multi-punches and no fireball (oddly enough, even though years ago it would have been the opposite)

SF3 Chun-li

"Fat" Bison/Dictator (a tough one, but I like the improvements in Fat Bison's gameplay)

Which looks cooler - Rock's "big splash" Raging Storm (again, this is a largely a question of newer game, better representation of the move)

Raiden. (No question)

Lilith (Morrigan has been over-exposed in crossover games)

Gameplay wise (and not design wise)- Guy (you had to go and ruin this by specifying freaking gameplay. Ugh)

Which do you prefer overall - Gen's Mantis style?

Toxico
4583th Post

"Re(1):This or That" , posted Thu 11 Dec 09:54post reply

quote:
For Geese - Short range Repukken (ala KoF Geese) or projectile Repukken (ala Fatal Fury and CvS)?

It depends, in Garou Special he had a slow, weak & quick recovery reppu, which was good for those "chase the sonic boon" strategies. When his reppu got fast & strong, I didn't liked it. Let's say long range.

quote:

Hard two tell... A2 had this stupid feature that could make them unblockable, which was too much. On V-ism some where really broken... So let's say... CFJ ones

quote:

Parries are activated a little bit differently from game to game (yet, I liked none of them). The same goes for JD (it was crap in CvS).... If I had to choose, I'd go for the Shin Samurai Spirits one, really hard to do and scrub unfriendly, but with very good rewards if done properly.

quote:

Kyo with fireball and no multi-punches, or Kyo with multi-punches and no fireball?

Pure chains, no fire ball

quote:

none But if you really bribe me to vote, then it will be Alpha

quote:

"Fat" Bison/Dictator (ala the Alpha games and VS. series) or "skinny" Bison (ala...everything else)?

Slim with Wakamoto's voice

quote:

Geese, Rocks looks incredibly dull and ugly... it's like a male Marilin Monroe skirt lifting scene.

quote:

Raiden or Griffon Mask?

Raiden, so broken & so fun. And when he became Bear he kept the fun, the brokeness and got interesting fighting options as well. In my mind CvS one does not exist.

quote:

Morrigan or Lilith?

Lilith. Wasn't she is the star of the VS manga? which had this kinda generic but still appealing plain 90's drawing style?

quote:

I haven't playing as much with Maki as with Guy, but didn't she seemed funnier to use than the sneakers ninja.

quote:

Mantis. Was more flexible and useful that the crane.

Is there any point to this personality test, other than finding out if I like pandas & ostriches? (Or promote my tag

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 09/12/08 (58 personajes)

Maou
1542th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):This or That" , posted Thu 11 Dec 10:00:post reply

Iron D! Great thread (lots of good ones these days...kinda silly that I read/write more about games lately than I have chance to play them, argh)!

I propose that the lack of numbers/length will deter people, so I shall insert them. Also, per the thread title: this, or that.

1. Geese: - wha? Sorry, SNK.

2. Zero/Alpha: V-ism combos, no question! I hate being forced forward, even if it breeds a cool momentum.

3. Parrying or Just Defense: Is parrying "blocking" in SF3? If so, yes! If parrying in general, yes again! In Soul Calibur, friends and I do guard impacts of our guard impacts of our guard impacts of our guard impacts.

4. Kyo: who? Heh. Sorry again, SNK.

5. Chun Li: SF3 Chun Li is probably the most goregous thing Capcom has ever animated. She's coincidentally the most fun to play.

6. Vega/Bison: All fat man with a cape, all the time! Mostly just because I like capes. Otherwise, the original was better.

7. Geese or Rock: I'm going to derail to Soul Calibur's Rock and say, "Banguuuu!"

8. Raiden or Griffon Mask: Raiden seems like a good choice.

9. Morrigan or Lilith? Morrigan, you pedophiles!

10. Guy/Maki: Guy, I think. If we must talk about play and not appearances. Then the choice is clear. But I guess chain combos are cool. Apparently they were really cool when everyone had them in Zero 1. Too bad I don't care about Zero 1.

11. Gen styles: mantissss! Also for the reason Phoenix states. Coolest of supercombos.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Thu 11 Dec 10:40]

Maese Spt
458th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):This or That" , posted Thu 11 Dec 14:25:post reply

I sure do feel like posting this morning...

I'm a sucker for long range projectiles, so Fatal Fury style all the way.

Never liked custom combos :P

Parrying is SO nice...

As I said before I tend to like projectiles, but strangely enough I think they doesn't fit Kyo at all. To me, throwing fireballs all over the place does not feel like playing him. Maybe it's just because I started playing KOF in 98, so the first Kyo I got to play had already lost the fireball from previous installements.

The classic the better. Besides, Alpha and SF3 Chun Lis are too complicated for me to play...

Once again, I'll stick to the classic. "Fat" Bison always felt quite weird to me. "Skinny" one is cool and classy, as a villain should be. And. more importantly, he doesn't want to be the little girl.

That cage scared the fuck out of me when I began playing SNK fighters. So I'll root for Father Geese.

Raiden or Griffon Mask?
Never liked Raiden, but Griffon Mask is kind of lovable. Gotta love how he hangs out at the pub drinking beers with the mask on!

Morrigan or Lilith?
I would prefer a mix of the two: a more curvy loli, or a younger and more slender woman... but if I have to choose I guess I'll go classic again and say Morrigan. Always liked her name, too.

I hated playing as Guy even on Final Fight, so by mere elimination I'll go with Maki. Plus, she's a kunoichi, and I always enjoy playig kunoichis no matter what game it is.

As stated before, Mantis has the coolest super combo ever.

May I ask what's the purpose of the survey?

[this message was edited by Maese Spt on Thu 11 Dec 14:25]

Megane
440th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):This or That" , posted Thu 11 Dec 16:09post reply

Surveys! My one weakness!

Projectile Reppuken.

None, I hate custom combos.

Parrying.

Punches-Kyo.

Alpha Chun Li, although I'm not sure why.

Skinny Bison, for the same reasons as stated before.

Geese version, because they look like they hurt more.

Raiden or Griffon Mask?
Tizoc.

Morrigan or Lilith?
Morrigan.

I like Maki's "quick grappling" gameplay style, but Guy really can do more damage with his stuff. Guy.

Mantis for comboliciousness and both his Supers in this stance rock.

Iron D
3094th Post

"Re(2):This or That" , posted Thu 11 Dec 17:43post reply

quote:

May I ask what's the purpose of the survey?

No real purpose. I was bored and I kind of wondered the Cafeers thought about these. I might do more.

Er.....

Time Mage
2734th Post

"Re(2):This or That" , posted Thu 11 Dec 19:54post reply

My take, complete with a blatant steal of Maese's formatting:

Long range Geese is Geese. The other one is the one unfortunate enough to debut in KOF96, the anti-projectiles game.

Not a big fan of CCs, but I have to admit I enjoyed doing some A-Groove combos in CvS2. I even made one by myself instead of just copying it from a faq/srk.com!!

Parrying. The risk/reward ratio is broken in the case of Just Defense: shorter block stun, life regain, and the possibility to buffer a super in the block stun animation, just by hitting the block direction a bit late? Come on... If you screw up a JD, you just block normally. If you crew up a parry... Well, you can eat LOTS of damage.

Kyo gained some personality with the multi-punches, so much that whenever I see a fireball version, he doesn't look like Kyo that much.

Design wise, and gameplay wise, the SFIII one is the best. It's a pity she's so stupidly overpowered...

Skinny bison, hands down. Specifically, CvS2 version is the best of all the skinny ones.

I've always preferred the splash: looks better.

Raiden or Griffon Mask?
Griffon, for sure.

Morrigan or Lilith?
Morrigan all the way: Screw you, stupid annoying loli!

Maki for me. her 236P was a great option guy didn't have, and her running attacks were better.

Mantis, like the majority: Nothing like seeing Gen say "Cómemela" and dashing towards the opponent to strike fear in their hearts. And then win and say "You are... Big Fooot!".

"News flash big guy: You can wax on wax off all you want I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"

Pollyanna
2612th Post

"Re(1):This or That" , posted Thu 11 Dec 20:31:post reply

Edit: My thanks to everyone for helping vote projectile Kyo off the island.

Should I really feel comfortable giving out so much personal information? Here goes anyway...

Short range. I'm not generally a projectile fan. Not a Geese fan, either.

A Groove? Not a custom combo fan, either.

Parrying, although I'm not any good at it.

Multi punches all the way. He's way too boring otherwise. Still, even if it's pretty non-essential (or rather BECAUSE it's non-essential), it's fun to take people by surprise with his fireball in XI.

SF3 Chun-Li. The others are way too boring!

"Skinny", I guess...though I might change my mind if I saw a less cartoony-looking fat one.

"Big splash"...but everything Rock does looks cooler because he's Rock.

Raiden or Griffon Mask?

Tizoc all the way! Raiden looks like garbage and doesn't have a single cool move.

Morrigan or Lilith?

Tough call. If Morrigan actually looked like she does in the artwork in-game, then I'd choose her in an instant. As is, I have to go with Lilith, I guess.

Maki. I always had fun trying to do her air super and failing miserably. Errr...failing miserably to implement it, I mean...not execute it.

Unfortunately, it's been too long since I've used Gen to even remember which is which.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

[this message was edited by Pollyanna on Thu 11 Dec 20:34]

Time Mage
2736th Post

"Re(2):This or That" , posted Thu 11 Dec 21:07post reply

quote:
Unfortunately, it's been too long since I've used Gen to even remember which is which.

Mantis is the cool one. Crane is the strange one.

"News flash big guy: You can wax on wax off all you want I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"

Kikkoken
1184th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):This or That" , posted Thu 11 Dec 23:03post reply

How about your own choices, Iron D?

kofoguz
648th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):This or That" , posted Fri 12 Dec 00:10post reply

Okay my turn.

Short Range I dont like fireballs. (Except for Athena and Bao...) ..see below Kyo answer.

I liked the Vism with some characters (like Karin, Cody and Rose) but I usually prefer Zism.

Parrying in the mini game I suck at parrying but just defense thats something I can do.

I dont like fireball, then Dp style game. Even I like to use Athena, I dont do thefirebal-dp game, phoeniz fang is what I like. Anyway I always like the short range style character. Xiang Fei, Andy, Short ranged kyokugen fireballs, Sakura, Dan, etc... I started to use Kyo in '97. Punches style, but addition of fireball to punches style ok though.

Chun Li was my main in SF2, but eventhough I didnt like the SfTS version it eventually grow on me. Lİke that version now.

I like the fat one, too. But care enough to see another "skinny" version cause its creepy. It looks more evil than fat version.

I like Rock' better.I also like wave style Geese's Raging Storm.

Raiden or Griffon Mask?
I didnt like Raiden in CvS, I loved KoF Tizoc so yes Tizoc. Unless KoFXII Raiden makes me think otherwise (not likely).

Morrigan or Lilith?
Lilith.(See kyo answer). Short ranged projectile of her is awesome, and her showtime Ex is pure fun. I like Morrigan but I love Lilith. I'm hoping for third piece will be good design. Another great sister or brother (brother would be neat).

I have no answer because never really played with them.
Same as above.

I think there should be v2 or many other upgrade to this thread.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Iron D
3096th Post

"Re(3):This or That" , posted Fri 12 Dec 03:26post reply

quote:
How about your own choices, Iron D?

Well, crap. I hadn't realized that I hadn't put down my own choices. Thanks for asking!

For a while I wasn't so big a fan of non-projectile Geese (and that useless 623+k move of his) but he's grown on me ever since I bought the Orochi collection. Nevertheless, I'm still going with projectile Geese.

Alpha 2 CCs were the only ones I've ever managed to actually do anything with, but A groove wins for being able to tack on a lvl 1 super at the end. Stylish.

Parrying, for the exact same reason that Time Mage mentioned.

Wow. This one wasn't even close. I could've guessed that the results would turn out this way, too. And I wholeheartedly agree...multipunches Kyo DOES have more of a unique personality.

SF3 Chun-li: one of the most beautifully animating characters in all 2d fighting games. But like TM said, it's too bad she's overpowered.

I used to be the guy that would defend "Fat" Bison against the haters, but I recently popped in Alpha 2 and played as him after years of using skinny Bison and...it was awful. His short scissor kick goes nowhere. His super PC doesn't fully connect most of the time. His projectile is not all that useful.

I'm going with skinny Bison. More intimidating and evil, and a lot more fun to use.

I'm going with Rock's. That animation is just gorgeous, and it really feeds off Rock's personality of being the wild, young Wolf.

Raiden or Griffon Mask?

Tough one. Griffon gets points for actually having a 360 and 720 grab in an SNK game (in MotW, at least), but I also love every iteration of Raiden/Big Bear so far (in both FF and CvS) and can't wait to see what he's like in KoFXII. Raiden is also the only character that I've managed to beat FF2 with, as Krauser is a fucking bitch.

I'm giving the slight nod to Raiden. He's got the cooler theme song (the FF1 version especially_.

Morrigan or Lilith?

Morrigan is just too overexposed for me. Plus Lilith is more fun to play, especially with her 63214+p throw and her dance super.

As much as I have tried, I have never been able to do any good with Guy. Maki has the reverse run, the convenient short range melee attack, and even a 720 super! She wins here hands down.

I guess I'm alone here with picking the Crane style. Yes, his Mantis supers are overall cooler looking (although that anti-air throw is no slouch at all...especially after connecting it out of a crouching short), but I find that while each form may be better depending on who you're facing, I can always find a way to make Crane useful while if I were to stick to just Mantis I would have a lot of trouble against some characters.

This thread seems to be well liked, so I'm going to do a follow up thread, probably tomorrow. The next thread will be This or That: RIVALS EDITION. Ooooooooooh!

Er.....

Ishmael
3351th Post

"Re(1):This or That" , posted Fri 12 Dec 05:11post reply

quote:

Projectile Geese due to all the fun that the double Repukken can bring. Destroy a projectile and hit your opponent with your second shot, throw off your opponent with the time it takes to chuck out that second one... there's no end to the fun you can have with that.

quote:

I'm not a fan of those so I will have to go with A2's custom combos. It's a gameplay option instead of your entire game, it has that weird forward push that adds to the sense of total success/total failure of the mode if you activate it and accidentally shoot right past your foe and you can work Sodom's taunt into your combo. That last aspect is the most important.

quote:

I often JD just by turtling up at the last second like a coward. So I prefer the active aspect of parrying as opposed to that holdover from World Heroes.

quote:

Punchy Kyo is where it's at.

quote:

While my favorite sprite Chun-Li is CvS2 Chun-Li, of the three listed I most prefer the 3S iteration.

quote:

Only in videogames could a beast like Bison be considered skinny but that's also the version I prefer. The puffy version of Bison is too big for me and looks like he would have trouble fitting through doorways, sitting in chairs or doing other normal, everyday activities. I suspect the only reason "fat" Bison floats is because the poor guy would get winded trying to run from one side of the screen to the other.

quote:

Everything Geese does looks better than what Rock does. Rock also needs to learn to tuck his shirt into his pants.

quote:
Raiden or Griffon Mask?

Tough one, but I'm going to have to go with the guy who wears a bird mask to a fight. That takes confidence.

quote:
Morrigan or Lilith?

Lilith is wrong, wrong, wrong so I'm voting for her.

quote:

Guy is so much more effective than Maki that this feels like a lopsided question. So while I will go with Guy I do enjoy the thrill that comes from being able to win with Maki. Come to think of it, I enjoy the thrill that comes from being able to successfully land some of Maki's moves.

quote:

Crane style for now but who knows how I will vote once the console version of SF4 comes out.

Count Hihihi
155th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):This or That" , posted Fri 12 Dec 21:19post reply

If you could go SSJ, what colour would your hair turn?

If you could go SSJ, what colour your your eyes turn?

If you could have any SF character as your mom/dad, who would you pick?

What is your Japanese name?

If you could go SSJ, what other changes would there be in your appearance?

What would be your Animality?

How BADASS are you?

Megane
441th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):This or That" , posted Sun 14 Dec 01:34post reply

If you could go SSJ, what colour would your hair turn? Red.

If you could go SSJ, what colour your your eyes turn? Black Retina / Gold Pupil.

If you could have any SF character as your mom/dad, who would you pick? Rose for MILF, and... maybe Ken for the rich dad. Let them sort out Eliza.

What is your Japanese name? I'm not sure how to acquire one.

If you could go SSJ, what other changes would there be in your appearance? Claws, I guess? Not Wolverine ones, natural, enhanced hands-type claws.

What would be your Animality? There's probably a Wolf already, so a Coyote.

How BADASS are you? Not as BADASS as you, but close.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3645th Post

"Re(3):This or That" , posted Sun 14 Dec 15:02post reply

If you could go SSJ, what colour would your hair turn?
gold, like Goku

If you could go SSJ, what colour your your eyes turn?
gold, like Goku

If you could have any SF character as your mom/dad, who would you pick?
Chun-Li and Honda

What is your Japanese name?
Jinko

If you could go SSJ, what other changes would there be in your appearance?
shit, i'd grow a tail

What would be your Animality?
i am a fox-spirit

How BADASS are you?
Do you ever wonder how many /b/tards you could take in a fight? I have no doubt some of you could stomp the shit out of me, but I also bet a lot of you couldn't take a hit if your life depended on it. How many of you have ever taken a few strong punches to the face and not been knocked out? Maybe you fell down, but did you get back up? Could you get back up? For someone who has never been in a fight it doesn't take much to knock someone on their ass and that's it. They either can't or don't want to get back up. Honestly, who here has been in more than two or three fights? Not a shoving match, a straight out street fight? How did it change the way you look at fighting?

Toxico
4587th Post

"Re(4):This or That" , posted Sun 14 Dec 15:22post reply

quote:
Honestly, who here has been in more than two or three fights? Not a shoving match, a straight out street fight? How did it change the way you look at fighting?

I was the school bully, and that lasted for 12 years or so . During that time my cousing used to pick fights with me every week (he was like 10 years older ). Eventually I realized that the key to not getting creamed was simplily corner him like the rat he was (or throwing him to the floor with me on top, so that he can't punch), and hit hard and dirtly where it hurts, and you need to "lead them on" to do so. That pretty much applies in games, don't get yourself caught badly in the enemy speciality, and try to keep them in yours without them realizing it or giving them no other choice.

Also, predicting punches / enemy actions is the same thing everywhere (soccer, box, cards).

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 09/12/08 (58 personajes)

Digitalboy
582th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):This or That" , posted Sun 14 Dec 18:39post reply

"/b/"? It sounds like we have a WINNAR! Where do I get a ticket to the internet?

quote:
Honestly, who here has been in more than two or three fights? Not a shoving match, a straight out street fight? How did it change the way you look at fighting?

I was the school bully, and that lasted for 12 years or so . During that time my cousing used to pick fights with me every week (he was like 10 years older ). Eventually I realized that the key to not getting creamed was simplily corner him like the rat he was (or throwing him to the floor with me on top, so that he can't punch), and hit hard and dirtly where it hurts, and you need to "lead them on" to do so. That pretty much applies in games, don't get yourself caught badly in the enemy speciality, and try to keep them in yours without them realizing it or giving them no other choice.

Also, predicting punches / enemy actions is the same thing everywhere (soccer, box, cards).

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

D`Cloud
248th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):This or That" , posted Sun 14 Dec 21:40:post reply

For Geese - Short range Repukken (ala KoF Geese) or projectile Repukken (ala Fatal Fury and CvS)?i liek both.. but id choose the projectile.. similar to cvs2

A groove.

Parrying is fun.

Multipunch

Is cvs2 chunli sf3 chunli?

Skinny.

Cage ala Real bout 1

Raiden or Griffon Mask?

Griffon.
maybe if it was big bear id choose big bear :P

Morrigan or Lilith?

wha? sorry, capcom.

I like both but Maki i think is much more intuitive

Never played gen. sorry, capcom.

http://www.dustinuy.com

[this message was edited by D`Cloud on Sun 14 Dec 21:44]

Nekros
143th Post

Regular Customer

"Re:This or That" , posted Sun 14 Dec 23:41post reply

I prefer:

For Geese: Projectile Reppuken. Is the original move from Fatal Fury.

Custom Combos: Not a fan anymore, but I say the Zero 3 ones. Just not as overpowered as Zero 2, at least.

Defense: Parry is harder but more fun.

Kyo: With multi-punches and no fireball. Like this fightin style more, brawling is awesome.

Chun-li: The SF3 one. Ok, she has big thights but is a gaming cross between Zero and SF2 ChunLi. Also, her moves were redesigned to better.

Dictator: The skinny. The muscular version is too similar to American Comics.

Raging Storm: The Rock one. Geese's is more intimidating but I like the watery-flamish effects on Rock ki a lot. Also, the cool emo wings :P

SNK Wrestler: Tizoc all the way. Better design and cooler moves.

Succubus: Lilith, simply because I have a crush on that kind of girls' hairstyle.

Capcom Ninja: Guy, he suits my game style better.

Gen's style: The panda one :P
Ok, the mantis, less lethal but simplier and quickest to use.

Iggy
8762th Post

"Re(1):This or That" , posted Mon 15 Dec 01:48post reply

Geese
Projectile, obviously, but I like the two versions in KOF 98: not all projectile Geese are good, not all short-range ones are boring, and having the choice sure feels great.

I hate all of them, and I think they ruined every game they were in.
Everything that comes from the Zero series is rotten.

I suck at parrying, but JD never was very interesting and only appeared in MOTW and CVS2, two games I find utterly boring.

Kyo
Never played him, never liked him, but the less fireballs the better, I suppose.

Chun-li
Third Strike. But only the original 3S, none of these pales copies in CvS2 or CFJ.
I don't dislike SF2 Chunli either: seeing her appear again in TatsuCap was rather refreshing.

Dictator
CvS Wegamoto. The normal one (SF2/4) is OK, and everything that comes from the Zero series is rotten.

Raging Storm
Geese, of course. Nothing this kid does looks interesting; no wonder daddy ditched him.

Raiden or Griffon Mask?
Can I have neither please?

Morrigan or Lilith?
I don't play either, but I like them both... in their original series. Morrigan unfortunately has been in too many games, and most of the time it has been for the worst. The Tatsunoko and Pocket Fighter were rather nice, actually.

Guy or Maki
I don't like any of them. At least Maki has the TONFA KICK. Besides, everything that comes from the Zero series is rotten.

Gen's Crane Style or his Mantis style?
Never played Gen much. Everything that comes from the Zero series is rotten.

karasu99
24th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):This or That" , posted Mon 15 Dec 03:25post reply

quote:

...everything that comes from the Zero series is rotten.
Besides, everything that comes from the Zero series is rotten.

I feel like an explanation is needed here, given the vitriol. To be fair, I did come in somewhat late, but let's say I'm curious.

Iggy
8763th Post

"Re(3):This or That" , posted Mon 15 Dec 03:38post reply

quote:
I feel like an explanation is needed here, given the vitriol. To be fair, I did come in somewhat late, but let's say I'm curious.

I don't like the original combos, the lack of spine and taste of Zero3, and... Well, that pretty much sums it up. Oh, and the fact the sprites were used as basis in 6 games outside the Zero series didn't do them any good.

OK, so maybe Zero2Dash doesn't deserve all my hate. Let's say it was just an innocent bystander.

Tai-Pan
324th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):This or That" , posted Mon 15 Dec 09:20post reply

quote:

I don't like the original combos, the lack of spine and taste of Zero3, and... Well, that pretty much sums it up. Oh, and the fact the sprites were used as basis in 6 games outside the Zero series didn't do them any good.

OK, so maybe Zero2Dash doesn't deserve all my hate. Let's say it was just an innocent bystander.

You've been feeling good lately?

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Maese Spt
460th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):This or That" , posted Mon 15 Dec 12:17post reply

quote:
"/b/"? It sounds like we have a WINNAR! Where do I get a ticket to the internet?

This reminds me when, years ago, somebody here on the Cafe (maybe Toxico himself?), posted a link to a fascinating dicussion on another forum (the name I can't remember for the life of me) about how many 5 year-old-kids could they take on in a singlehanded melée fight. The discussion went over 200 pages, and they even set a code of rules should such an epic dreammatch ever occur. I don't remember the resulting average number of beatable-kids-per-poster, but the overall consensum was that about 15 was totally doable before succumbing to the might of the kindergarten horde.

Oh, those were the times.

Shin ATproof
1225th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):This or That" , posted Mon 15 Dec 15:27post reply

projectile Repukken

Alpha 2 custom combos

Just Defense

Kyo with multi-punches

SF3 Chun-li

"Fat" Bison/Dictator