Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Sat 29 Nov 22:35post reply

Full teams:
Ash ShenWu Duolon
Kyo Benimaru Daimon
Leona Ralf Clark
Terry Andy Joe
Athena Kensou Chin

Characters whose team members weren't finished when the developers understood they could never release the game before Imoya went bankrupt:
Ryo Robert Kim Raiden

Mandatory Iori:
Iori

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOZG1opiXcs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjJTNi6fnK4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81lDZqBRAQQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc5z_c9RcF8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E2veDPL9E8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr-fq8bTBVU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq651o83uPo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY55toDiY_8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T47dbCvQxnM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y-vHhBAKJ8

Yup, no Mai, or even no girl beside Athena and Leona. No Elizabeth, even though she was on the first promotional poster. No K', who is on the anniversary logo.
I don't know who is the producer on this game, but he sure wasn't great at it.

Replies:

Toxico
4558th Post

user profileedit/delete message

"Re(1):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Sat 29 Nov 23:23:post reply

quote:

Something tells me they drew straws for the cast

First of all, famitsu Has updated article for the game, SNK updated their home page here .

Second Has gone crazy linking videos and sites

It's funny the amount of news that pop up when you decide to sleep (my time zone is the "opposite" of asia)... I won't be doing that again

EDIT: Also, the 15th aniversary logo is in '02 UM as well. No K' in XII kinda explains why he is ending up so broken in '02 UM

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 29 Nov 23:58]

Pollyanna
2600th Post

"Re(2):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Sun 30 Nov 05:56post reply

quote:

I could grudgingly accept "no real teams" and certainly "teams with a hanging Iori", but "mostly teams with hanging Raiden with two out of three kyokugen" is just sloppy.

Still, I'm impressed. Somehow they made Kensou the coolest character in the game.

Maybe it's because people don't know how to use them yet, but in videos, the big throw characters seem to be at a bit of a disadvantage. It looked like a number of characters had too few moves as well. I only saw Clark do 2? The throw and the punches? (or did I miss something?)

Also, is there a video that shows Lon's super? I didn't catch it.

PS: Clark is gross.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Ishmael
3349th Post

"Re(2):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Sun 30 Nov 05:58post reply

The idea that SNKP might actually go through the trouble of creating huge, pretty KoF sprites and then somehow forget to include Mai is funnier than it probably should be. On the bright side we may have a good chance of receiving a HD version of Joe's ass.

nobinobita
447th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Sun 30 Nov 06:34post reply

quote:
The idea that SNKP might actually go through the trouble of creating huge, pretty KoF sprites and then somehow forget to include Mai is funnier than it probably should be. On the bright side we may have a good chance of receiving a HD version of Joe's ass.

Maybe they'll pull a SFIII and wait until the third iteration to include the most popular female character. I can't wait to see how she looks when they finally put her in.

Also, Joe looks great! I like how wirey he looks, like a real kick boxer. I'm looking forward to seeing his boney butt in HD.

Spoon
1684th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Sun 30 Nov 07:12post reply

quote:

Also, Joe looks great! I like how wirey he looks, like a real kick boxer. I'm looking forward to seeing his boney butt in HD.

I agree on both counts.

Having Clark with the same body build as Ralf now makes me want to rename their team the Muscle Bomber team rather than the Ikari Team.

Just a Person
1273th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Sun 30 Nov 11:57post reply

quote:

Yes, that's weird... if they're doing a dreammatch, it would make sense to put the most popular characters, and Mai is more popular than some of the choices here. Same thing with Yuri (BTW, this is the first KoF game where she's not present, right?).

It's weird that SNKP forgot their two iconic gals...

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Spoon
1685th Post

"Re(4):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Sun 30 Nov 16:59post reply

quote:

Yes, that's weird... if they're doing a dreammatch, it would make sense to put the most popular characters, and Mai is more popular than some of the choices here. Same thing with Yuri (BTW, this is the first KoF game where she's not present, right?).

This must be part of their plan to take the franchise in a bold new direction for the next generation.

Freeter
4436th Post

"Re(5):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Mon 1 Dec 00:26post reply

quote:

This must be part of their plan to take the franchise in a bold new direction for the next generation.

So can we expect loli witches in KOFXIII?

Toxico
4559th Post

"Re(5):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Mon 1 Dec 01:56post reply

Cyberfanatix translated weirdly the details about the critical counter. It seems that DMs would be useful while in this state.

quote:

Gameplay wise, they seems to be focusing on a "think quickly" based game.... That's the best 'idea' the saga as ever showed.

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Cain Highwind
790th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(6):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Mon 1 Dec 06:39post reply

Yeah I have to say although I'm really excited for the new sprite style and the return of Joe and Chin, this has got to be the WORST and most LOPSIDED roster in a KoF ever.

I think if they went for something along the lines of the MI1 roster (and replace Alba, Soiree, Lien, and Mignon with Ash, Shen, Liz, and maybe Duolon respectively) more people would've been happy since they sorta cover all the bases as best they can.

Maybe this'll be like SFIV and there'll be a ton of console exclusives, but with a release date of Early 2009 that seems unlikely.

Iggy
8741th Post

"Re(7):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Mon 1 Dec 19:32post reply

Also, I don't think we've seen the arts of the new characters, have we?

shin ramberk
351th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Tue 2 Dec 02:32post reply

KOF XII teams look a lot like the '94 teams. I'm wondering what the complete set of teams would have looked like if all the characters had been finished in time. Using Iggy's teams as a starting point, I've included who I thought is missing in brackets below.

Ash ShenWu Duolon
Kyo Benimaru Daimon
Leona Ralf Clark
Terry Andy Joe
Athena Kensou Chin
Ryo Robert [Takuma?]
[Mai] [Yuri] [King]
Kim [Chang] [Choi]
[Yamazaki] [Billy] Raiden

What do you guys think?

I'm really wondering what team Raiden was supposed to be on. I'm guessing some sort of Geese backed "outlaw" team.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

Just a Person
1275th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Tue 2 Dec 04:24post reply

quote:
KOF XII teams look a lot like the '94 teams. I'm wondering what the complete set of teams would have looked like if all the characters had been finished in time. Using Iggy's teams as a starting point, I've included who I thought is missing in brackets below.

Ash ShenWu Duolon
Kyo Benimaru Daimon
Leona Ralf Clark
Terry Andy Joe
Athena Kensou Chin
Ryo Robert [Takuma?]
[Mai] [Yuri] [King]
Kim [Chang] [Choi]

What do you guys think?

I'm really wondering what team Raiden was supposed to be on. I'm guessing some sort of Geese backed "outlaw" team.

What about Iori? He's also in the game...

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

karasu99
15th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Tue 2 Dec 07:02post reply

quote:

Ash ShenWu Duolon
Kyo Benimaru Daimon
Leona Ralf Clark
Terry Andy Joe
Athena Kensou Chin
Ryo Robert [Takuma?]
[Mai] [Yuri] [King]
Kim [Chang] [Choi]

What about Iori? He's also in the game...

I've been thinking of this a lot lately. Chances are, some number of characters beyond the current roster were in the planning stage, or just existed as drawings, and at some point the development was cut off and the 'best' characters were given the go ahead and finished. I'm not even sure that teams are or were even the point-- SNKP has been moving slowly away from organized teams since '95. In fact, I'd say that at this point teams are only there to advance the storyline for those who care. But they have little or no impact on gameplay at all since... what, was it '99 where some team mates wouldn't jump in and help you out depending on their feeling toward you? And that's not even mentioning games like KOF:MI that, while non-canon, still use the KOF name but reject the team concept entirely.

All I'm saying is, chances are Raiden wasn't ever seriously meant to be on a team, and if he was, it was at the pencil sketch stage.

Speaking of him, since his inclusion in CvsS, I've been waiting for him to appear in a KOF. He was, after all, in the 'original' KOF, the first Garou Densetsu! I've been waiting 18 years for a second Hwa Jai appearance, now that I mention it (not counting his appearance in promotional art for KOF)!

Variable Savior
454th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Tue 2 Dec 09:02post reply

quote:
KOF XII teams look a lot like the '94 teams.

Well, since you're talking historically (and since XII has the whole retro thing going) the KoF 10th anniversary website suggests that Raiden could have been on two separate teams. Quotes from Yuri and Tizoc's profiles respectively.

Team England:

quote:
Yuri is a disciple of Kyokugen Karate but her appearances in the KOF series are frequently as a member of the women fighters' team. Originally in KOF '94 there was no such team and production began on King Billy Big Bear as the English team. But Art of Fighting 2 was completed at that time and the designers pressed to put Yuri into KOF, replacing her with Big Bear, who was presenting various problems, for various reasons (hah, hah) concerning capacity. Enter Yuri, goodbye Billy! (A tragedy, we know) And so the originally planned team started life anew as the mighty women fighters' team.

Garou Team:

quote:
To tell the truth, "Raiden" was to appear in KOF 2003, but before the characters were finally decided on, Tizoc took his place.

Personally I don't think either option would be valid in XII but it's fun to reminisce. Had they the time to flesh out the roster I think that they'd have put Raiden with Iori and another "bad guy" for a villains team.

Blood marks heaven's path

Spoon
1686th Post

"Re(3):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Tue 2 Dec 11:18post reply

Topic switch: game mechanics!

Has anybody taken a gander at the Critical Counter system? It seems that when you counter special moves with heavy attacks, you enter a custom-combo-esque mode where you can freely chain normal attacks. Also, if you perform a super off a Critical Counter hit, you get a superflash/time-freeze effect (that supers don't normally have in KOFXII) so that it guarantees the hit... though the super gets its damage scaled down by quite a lot.

I hope that SNK has got some real smart people working the frame data, because this could either turn out to be really useless (when was the last time you hit Iori out of his rekkas with a ground normal?), way too good (maybe heavy attacks will just have awesome hitboxes that will own stuff like Iori's rekkas), or just plain random.

I will now point out that French Bread's sequel to Glove on Fight is an awesome game, and since its release I have yet to play a fighting game released this year that I like more than it.

Toxico
4562th Post

"Re(4):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Tue 2 Dec 14:13post reply

quote:
Has anybody taken a gander at the Critical Counter system?

It seems that is triggered when a "close standing" strong attack wins, and the chance of activation is random.

My main concern is with this "guard attack", where the characters "trigger" a counter like stance, and when hit they counter... It seems that it doesn't cost anything to perform and it isn't as vulnerable as it should (I can already see a Billy 2k2 broken counter type speed from some characters).

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Spoon
1687th Post

"Re(5):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Tue 2 Dec 16:35post reply

quote:

It seems that is triggered when a "close standing" strong attack wins, and the chance of activation is random.

Now it sounds truly worse.

quote:

My main concern is with this "guard attack", where the characters "trigger" a counter like stance, and when hit they counter... It seems that it doesn't cost anything to perform and it isn't as vulnerable as it should (I can already see a Billy 2k2 broken counter type speed from some characters).

Having no cost sounds suspicious. But the fact that the counter attack itself is not guaranteed to come out, and the relative uselessness of this against throws suggests to me that if it has any cost, it should be a lot lower than what we're used to paying for this kind of thing.

Toxico
4564th Post

"The KOF XII deciembre thread" , posted Wed 3 Dec 05:11post reply

For those of you that haven't really been following any known video uploader site; there has been a huge flood of online videos regarding KoF XII in these lasts days. In this case most of these links are from Cyberfanatix.

Tube 14

Tube 13

Tube 12

Tube 11

Tube 10

Tube 09

Tube 08

Tube 07

Tube 06

Tube 05

Tube 04

Tube 03

Tube 02

Tube 01

Their youtube channel

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Tai-Pan
319th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Fri 5 Dec 11:36post reply

I just don't understand how characters like Ryo or Robert have BLUE eyes on the official art...its disgusting

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

ONSLAUGHT
3781th Post

"Re(6):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Fri 5 Dec 13:44post reply

quote:
I just don't understand how characters like Ryo or Robert have BLUE eyes on the official art...its disgusting

What's wrong with blue eyes?

Iron D
3081th Post

"Re(7):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Fri 5 Dec 15:14post reply

quote:

Oh, come on Onslaught. It's common knowledge that all blue-eyed people are direct descendants of Satan himself.

Er.....

Kikkoken
1179th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(8):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Fri 5 Dec 21:43post reply

quote:

Oh, come on Onslaught. It's common knowledge that all blue-eyed people are direct descendants of Satan himself.

I have two blue eyes and a black one.

Iggy
8753th Post

"Re(9):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Fri 5 Dec 22:56post reply

quote:

I have two blue eyes and a black one.

!!!!!!!!
STOP IT RIGHT NOW !
You're a teacher now, you're supposed to be respectable and patronizing and stuff ! Not stiff !

Nobinobita
449th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Sat 6 Dec 00:55post reply

quote:

I think I know what you are getting at, but really, they are just fun character designs set in a world where anyone of any ethnicity can have any eye color.

This reminds me of when I hear people say that Son Goku is white because he has blonde hair and green eyes when he goes Super Saiyan. He has golden hair and green eyes because he's charged full of burning energy and also because it was easier for Toriyama to draw them in as white instead of filling in black for the comic (it's in a Shonen Jump interview somewhere).

Asian art has had men with wild hair and eye colors since they invented pigment for paint. Look at all the scroll paintings and colored sculptures and Opera costumes out there. Lots of crazy colors.

Weird eye/hair/skin color is nothing new. CuCulain of Irish lore had eyes and hair that were 7 colors. He was also beautiful and brooding and killed his best friend using a secret move he learned from his master (who was a woman warrior). Pure bishonen.

Maybe I'm digging too deep (maybe you're just a SNK character design purist?), but please, don't limit yourself on how Asian people, or any people can be depicted in popular fiction.

Toxico
4571th Post

"Re(7):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Sat 6 Dec 02:42post reply

quote:

Maybe I'm digging too deep (maybe you're just a SNK character design purist?), but please, don't limit yourself on how Asian people, or any people can be depicted in popular fiction.

It's obviously a "they changed it" desperate scream.

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Iron D
3087th Post

"Re(7):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Sat 6 Dec 06:29post reply

quote:

I can and I will GOD DAMN IT!

Er.....

Tai-Pan
321th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(8):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Sat 6 Dec 07:11:post reply

quote:

It's obviously a "they changed it" desperate scream.

Yeah..it was actually that.
I'm old and also freak enough to be aware of all the things you guys mentioned. But I was always a purist when it came to SNK personalities. I've been always into the characters and their personas and all that stuff. I have nothing against blue eyes (love 'em!). It was just something that shocked me in a way.
Let me further explain my point of view. We are talking about character design here. There are things that can change but some things that, in my opinion, shouldn’t. Let’s say that one day Toriyama decided to introduce a taller than Goku Vegeta. Would that change the personality (part of the design) or the character? Yes. If he introduced a skateboarding Piccolo, that wouldn’t be an issue. But what about Piccolo sporting a moustache?
Strange things can be seen in Anime\Manga\Video Games, etc. But I think designers should stick to some design principles. They are not only designing the looks of a character, but also a personality. If that wasn’t the case; what would be the point of letting us know their favorite foods or phobias?

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

[this message was edited by Tai-Pan on Sat 6 Dec 08:17]

nobinobita
450th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):The KOF XII decembre thread" , posted Sat 6 Dec 11:10post reply

quote:

Yeah..it was actually that.
I'm old and also freak enough to be aware of all the things you guys mentioned. But I was always a purist when it came to SNK personalities.

Ahhhh gotcha. Ok.

I must be a bit on edge from discovering there are many rabid DBZ fans who think the Saiyans are obviously caucasian, english speaking aliens.

I agree that classic character designs shouldn't be tampered with too much. Your example of the skateboarding Picolo being more sensible than a tall Vegeta made perfect sense to me.

Toxico
4580th Post

"Re(1):The KOF XII deciembre thread" , posted Mon 8 Dec 09:18post reply

Kobayan has updated with some scans about the game, showing nothing really new. It's some pics and some takes on the game system. scan 1 , scan 2

I haven't checked youku in ages... so.

youku 1

youku 2

youku 3

youku 4

nico nico

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 08/12/08 (56 personajes)

Pollyanna
2604th Post

"Re(2):The KOF XII deciembre thread" , posted Mon 8 Dec 12:30post reply

Yay! Finally saw Duo Lon's super! Seems like he just dashes forward a bit if it misses.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Toxico
4582th Post

"Re(3):The KOF XII deciembre thread" , posted Tue 9 Dec 23:33post reply

Someone has uploaded high res version of the game art, along with some ugly poster right here

Original article sabafanatikushi

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 07/12/08 (56 personajes)

D`Cloud
247th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):The KOF XII deciembre thread" , posted Wed 10 Dec 01:41:post reply

http://ruliweb3.empas.com:8080/ruliboard/gup/img_wall/49945_9.jpg

mmmmmm... hot.

http://www.dustinuy.com

[this message was edited by D`Cloud on Wed 10 Dec 01:43]

Toxico
4585th Post

"Beta (this one is for real, it seems)" , posted Fri 12 Dec 02:18post reply

In less than two weeks

Be sure to tape those strippers for me, 博士氏

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 09/12/08 (58 personajes)

Toxico
4602th Post

"System changes" , posted Sat 20 Dec 09:45post reply

The official site has updated with several new notes, some of them include changes in the current actual game systems.

Cyberfanatix offers the current choopy translation, but for those who enjoy of the obnoxious site, should read the entry as it is.
Perhaps I should try to translate some, but I couldn't whine about London if I do so ... And let's not forget that the night is still young, with beautiful spring clothes and with sexy ~ salty ~ shinny skin.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Professor
2522th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Beta test vids, etc" , posted Sat 20 Dec 20:15:post reply

Beta test footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHx62oz59TI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNquQPgtVtw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DVLs3KzAQQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKqghlt1Uy8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxBfjdZ-rHs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmGfvRyuN7s
And more here http://www.youtube.com/user/wx1682

I'll probably go check the game out tomorrow. And probably get bored in a few minutes because Mai isn't in it.

From what's been reported from the beta test so far, the graphics are great but it doesn't seem like the players are too hyped about the new gameplay (way too much poking with crouching attacks, slower than recent KOFs, no flashyness, not much combos). But there were a lot of watchers. Here's a few common things said by Japanese BBS posters:

-Damage on Supers have been toned down, but they come out a little faster now.

-Weak attacks come out very fast. But the fierce attacks on the other hand comes out pretty slow, making the game feel like it's missing a medium attack.

-Distant C and D attacks have really short range compared to previous games and they can't be used for holding the opponent back. It seems like the developers really want players to fight in close-range combat. But as a result, players are using foot sweeps (crouching B and D's) as a substitute.

-Special throws come out very slow and they seem very useless at the current time.

-The new CC system (critical counter system, read below for details) does a lot of damage, like 40-50 percent life if you finish off with a super.

-There's no screen effect on a Knockout, so you don't immediately know if you've beat your opponent or if they're still living with 0 life.

Also, let me write a quick overview of what's mentioned on the official site, here it goes.

If you've been following the KOFXII scene, you know that there was a preview event last month. The developers got feedback from attendees and they've fixed up a few points in the game's system, most noteably with the Critical Counter system.

The critical counter system (CC)
When your power bar is at MAX and you counter-hit your opponent with a closeup fierce, you'll go into critical counter time. During that time, your opponent will be opened up to attacks and you can chain your normal moves. Also, you can dash by just hitting forward. CC doesn't happen if you hit your opponent from the air.

There's also another way to use your critical counter. If you do your super right when you enter critical counter, you can do a more flashy looking super than usual. (No mention about how much more damage it does than normal supers)

The biggest change from previous builds is that the CC now requires you to be in MAX mode. With that change, the developers hope to make the gameplay more action packed so that players would fight aggressively in the beginning of the round, power up their bar, and be in a thrilling situation where they're MAX'ed up by the middle of the round. The MAX mode has a time limit, so you're kind of pressed to make the best of it.

The developers also added some aestetic changes to the CC so that it'll look more cool.

First, they've added a yellow effect on the startup so that you'd actually know when you've done it (However, another section of KOFXII's site says that the effect actually happens when you "attempt" it, so it's a bit confusing right now). Also, there's a green effect when the CC ends.

Second, they've made it so that the screen zooms into the characters when you go into CC.

There's also been control fixes, changes in the super move graphics, and move balances. We'll probably hear more about those during this weekend.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 21 Dec 00:02]

Time Mage
2746th Post

"Re(1):Beta test vids, etc" , posted Tue 23 Dec 05:28post reply

After seeing the videos, I have to say I'm not liking how the gameplay looks. Crouching light attacks seem always the best option, rendering useless the Critical Counter system, since you won't be using a hard attack at close.

The game looked more solid in previous presentations, really.

Also, the pause when executing a super, without any kind of effect looks pretty ugly, specially when the opponent is in the air: They just stay there, frozen for a second, and you don't realize why until the super comes out. Some kind of spark/screen darkening or whatever is necessary there.

Also, it looks like big grappler characters suck... Which is a pity.

Graphics look gorgeous, though, and I like the fact that clashes are now much less frequent.

"News flash big guy: You can wax on wax off all you want I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"

KTallguy
1062th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Beta test vids, etc" , posted Tue 23 Dec 06:13post reply

Since everyone is poking with low kicks, why isn't there a universal small jump attack, like SF3? Or can't you just do a short jump?

Play to win.

Spoon
1702th Post

"Re(1):Beta test vids, etc" , posted Tue 23 Dec 07:37post reply

quote:

light attacks vs. heavy attacks

CC system overhaul, how the gameplay is supposed to flow

and more!

The way you get momentary comboing power which is automatically initiated and drains with time reminds me of SvC, though it didn't let you chain normals freely.

Have you played French Bread's sequel to Glove on Fight, Professor? Of all these slower fighting games that have been coming out or will be coming out, I find it to be the most innovative and interesting.

nobinobita
457th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):The KOF XII deciembre thread" , posted Tue 23 Dec 08:14post reply

quote:
Someone has uploaded high res version of the game art, along with some ugly poster right here

Original article sabafanatikushi

Thanks for the link to the character art.

Does anyone know where I could find some high rez art of the rest of the roster (Joe, Daimon etc)?

Iggy
8786th Post

"Re(1):Beta test vids, etc" , posted Tue 23 Dec 08:20post reply

quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxBfjdZ-rHs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmGfvRyuN7s

Chin is magnificent! I never dreamed they could rework him as much!
I'm a happy Iggy.

Toxico
4605th Post

"Re(5):The KOF XII deciembre thread" , posted Tue 23 Dec 10:09post reply

quote:
Thanks for the link to the character art.

Does anyone know where I could find some high rez art of the rest of the roster (Joe, Daimon etc)?

Well, I haven't searched for it yet, but those pics where promoted as "wall papers" from the game. I'll hunt for more later (if you don't do so earlier wink wink), currently they are not to be found in the game's official site nor snk jp page.

You are a fan of more nona art, SNK's download page offers tasty, crispy & clean versions of most neo geo collection covers and other new snk games in this wall paper resolution (and even some neat old cartridige cover art). I suppose that they will update wallpapers for XII & 02UM once the games are already released, but that doesn't really help the topic in question.

obscene voodoo dance teleports at the sight of Nona's Rasputin in a sexy pose

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Professor
2522th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Beta test vids, etc" , posted Thu 25 Dec 23:39post reply

quote:
Have you played French Bread's sequel to Glove on Fight, Professor? Of all these slower fighting games that have been coming out or will be coming out, I find it to be the most innovative and interesting.

I haven't played it, but I've seen it in action! Being able to control your knockback distance is a really innovative idea.

kofoguz
657th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Site updated with a message." , posted Sat 27 Dec 00:47:post reply

Site updated. Message section is updated with a new message.

I dont know Japanese but I'm guessing that it reads some kind thank you note.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Sat 27 Dec 00:54]

Professor
2524th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Site updated with a message." , posted Sat 27 Dec 01:47post reply

quote:
Site updated. Message section is updated with a new message.

I dont know Japanese but I'm guessing that it reads some kind thank you note.

It's a thank you note from the game's main planner staff named Yamamoto. Here's a quick rundown

-KOFXII's game balance is being updated; they're listening to opinions from the players at the beta test and premium event.

-The graphical interface, including the power meter and life bar, are being worked on. "The game should look quite different in the next beta test."

-Special effects will be added/fixed on super attacks and Knockouts.

-Critical counters will be fixed to become more practical.

kofoguz
657th Post

"Re(5):Site updated with a message." , posted Sun 28 Dec 04:50post reply

quote:
It's a thank you note from the game's main planner staff named Yamamoto. Here's a quick rundown

-KOFXII's game balance is being updated; they're listening to opinions from the players at the beta test and premium event.

-The graphical interface, including the power meter and life bar, are being worked on. "The game should look quite different in the next beta test."

-Special effects will be added/fixed on super attacks and Knockouts.

-Critical counters will be fixed to become more practical.

Thanks Professor.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Toxico
4630th Post

"14 days to beta (ver. 2)" , posted Sun 18 Jan 02:33post reply

On my time zone at least :P

source

place

Game website

You saw it first in my pants.

Obscene voodoo dance teleport

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 17/01/09 (96 personajes)

kofoguz
665th Post

"A glimpse to new interface before beta test." , posted Thu 22 Jan 23:42post reply

You can see it in message update

* In max mode characters glow.
* New super bar.
* Bigger character portraits on the life bar.
* Critical Counter has a bar now.
* New things/effects added when you start to round or win. Such as "jumping whales" when you win in France stage.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Professor
2529th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Game plays like... a KOF game!" , posted Sun 1 Feb 13:21:post reply

Footage taken from visitors:
http://www.youtube.com/user/tomakuntube
http://www.youtube.com/user/wx8193

I took a short time to play the game. There's not much to say about it because the videos above should pretty much tell everything. It's essencially the same as before, but it's been waaay sped up. So you end up playing it differently than at TGS or the premire event.

The previous versions had smooth animation, but its gameplay speed was sluggish almost par to SF4, and it played a bit old-style. It was pretty easy to knock an opponent out of the air or right after they've rolled.

Now the game's been sped up and you can't really taste the nice animation, but it plays very much like the more recent KOFs. You can spam your opponents with jump attacks, rolling is pretty effective, and supers come out fast enough that they can be used in combos.

The interface (life bars, power bars) look much better than before. There's a new, Cricical Counter meter on the top of the screen now. It's different from the POW meter on the bottom of the screen, which lets you do a super when it's full. The CC meter starts dwindling as soon as it maxes, the POW meter doesn't. (Critical Counter: you go into custom combo time if you luckily make a counter hit with a feirce attack.)

Three gripes:
1.It seems like there's actually time over animation for the characters, but everyone kept skipping them.
2.There's still no taunts.
3. With the game's new speed, it's become pretty easy to get a CC in by accident. I'm not sure if that's what the developers intended. Given that they've made the gamespeed change this late (just 3 months before the game's scheduled release), I think it's a last minute thing after the feedbacks by beta players.

A tag on the game's cabinet said that development is 90% complete, so I'm pretty sure it'll be out without a delay.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 1 Feb 13:37]

Zepy
1525th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Game plays like... a KOF game!" , posted Sun 1 Feb 15:00post reply

I wasn't sure if I'd like the game when I saw the slow speed before but now it that the game's sped up it looks great!

Iggy
8828th Post

"Re(1):Game plays like... a KOF game!" , posted Tue 3 Feb 19:29post reply

A bit late, but still : thanks Prof for keeping us informed !

Toxico
4656th Post

"Re(2):Game plays like... a KOF game!" , posted Tue 3 Feb 22:56post reply

youtube <- anything that is less than 3 days (as of 3/2/09) should be good to go.

I have been too lazy to search in ameba, youku or niconico

This is the kof union thread , only the first post has vids, and most of them seem to be already posted by the Professor.

This one, I'm not that sure

obscene voodoo dance teleport

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 28/01/09 (96 personajes)

Ishmael
3394th Post

"Re(3):Game plays like... a KOF game!" , posted Wed 4 Feb 01:08post reply

Thanks all for the update. I agree that the added speed was a last second addition but now XII looks much more like recent KoF games. Between the "classic" moves list and the original speed, XII was too close to being a spiritual successor to '94 than I was really thrilled with.

The faster speed also makes the clashing attacks look like an actual game feature instead of the slightly gimmicky feel they had before. The CC meter, however, concerns me a bit. Is there any sort of damage scaling in that mode? In some of those videos Iori was getting some crazy damage by tacking on a super at the end of his combo. Was that just Iori being Iori or does that mode have the potential to allow everyone to string together a really damaging slew of attacks?

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but does the change to 16x9 screen size change the gameplay? Is it like SF4 in that camera zooming and other tricks are utilized to make the game handle as closely to the way the series played when it was at a different screen ratio? Or is it more like BlazBlue where it feels like the gameplay was based around the wider sceen?

Oh, and Clark is horrible looking. He's never been a regular pick in my roster but, geez, the poor guy deserves better than that.

Iggy
8829th Post

"Re(4):Game plays like... a KOF game!" , posted Wed 4 Feb 02:18post reply

quote:
Or is it more like BlazBlue where it feels like the gameplay was based around the wider sceen?
This, I think. Or at least the strange angle of Joe's tiger kick and Leona's Excaliber make me think so.
I'm worried of the eventual imbalance this may lead to (SF4 Balrog, Nevah Forget), but at least they seem to be thinking about it and that's great news. I like this team. I hope I'll like the game as well.

chazumaru
653th Post

"Re(5):Game plays like... a KOF game!" , posted Wed 4 Feb 05:55post reply

Thanks Prof and Toxico.

I am probably the only one in the room disappointed that they changed the speed. It seems a bit like a cop out from the original design idea behind XII. I understand (and agree) that the game now looks more like recent KOFs, but wasn't it the point of the game to avoid that direction?

I agree that the change of speed fixes some issues. But it misses the original target of the game. Reducing speed was a brave solution to existing issues. If KOF XII did not work with that speed, it rather meant that the system was too shallow or not properly balanced within that given solution. Not that the solution should be abandoned altogether.

Same goes with the Critical Counter, which looks like the typical system-du-jour found in all the random fighting games influenced (and ultimately penalized) by last decade's school of thought. It is true that the HUD appears more polished. But is the CC really bringing anything to the table?

Still, it looks quite fun to play, the dotters managed to keep that risky balance between KOF movement and progressive animation, and the backgrounds are lovely (hurray for jumping happy orcas!). I can't wait for the home version to come out.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Spoon
1725th Post

"Re(6):Game plays like... a KOF game!" , posted Wed 4 Feb 07:47post reply

quote:
Thanks Prof and Toxico.

I am probably the only one in the room disappointed that they changed the speed. It seems a bit like a cop out from the original design idea behind XII. I understand (and agree) that the game now looks more like recent KOFs, but wasn't it the point of the game to avoid that direction?

I agree that the change of speed fixes some issues. But it misses the original target of the game. Reducing speed was a brave solution to existing issues. If KOF XII did not work with that speed, it rather meant that the system was too shallow or not properly balanced within that given solution. Not that the solution should be abandoned altogether.

Same goes with the Critical Counter, which looks like the typical system-du-jour found in all the random fighting games influenced (and ultimately penalized) by last decade's school of thought. It is true that the HUD appears more polished. But is the CC really bringing anything to the table?

I share some of chaz's sentiments here. It seemed like there was a "slow fighters" mini-revolution going on, what with SF4, BlazBlue and (at least momentarily) KOFXII. Game speed isn't everything in making a fighting game accessible and exciting, but it's definitely something.

I kind of think that certain traditional elements of typical 2D fighting games simply have to be tuned differently when the game is below a certain level of speed. Anti-airs become stronger, because you have much more time to read and react. Overheads need to be relatively sped up or else they are too easily blocked. Poking games can become kind of odd... if anybody played SSF2, you might remember how some of Dhalsim's far pokes became much less useful because they could be DP'd on reaction due to the game speed... but dramatically speeding those moves up to have the same poking utility that they would in a faster game might prove game-breaking in the slower environment. And so on.

I still think that French Bread's Gleam of Force proposes so many interesting ideas that everybody who loves fighting games should give it a try with an open mind. It obviously draws inspiration from 3D fighting games (maybe even a little Buriki One...), and while being slow (and not slow), it manages to be thoroughly interesting. It's far too radical to be used as a model for what KOF or the sequel to any other traditional fighter ought to be, but at the same time that's probably one of its greatest strengths. For instance, where TvC's answer to how airdashing made mag/storm/sent too powerful in MvC2 is to give everybody airdash, GoF's answer to jumping attacks and the air game in general is to not give most of the cast the ability to jump normally.

Ktallguy
1082th Post

"Re(7):Game plays like... a KOF game!" , posted Thu 5 Feb 08:40post reply

I really really like Gleam on Force's gameplay but I abhor the aesthetics.

It does remind me of a 3d fighter but it seems to place a heavy emphasis on poking and distancing, while playing a strong game of defense, and then unleashing a large combo when your opponent leaves themselves open. It's got fast parts and slow parts. It's really good, I just wish that it didn't use the paper doll system and that it had a more interesting setting.

Spoon, I'm really interested in "Buriki One" and the Break-blow series, do you have any experience with them?

Play to win.

Spoon
1726th Post

"Re(8):Game plays like... a KOF game!" , posted Thu 5 Feb 11:23post reply

quote:

the Break-blow series, do you have any experience with them?

Garouden Breakblow didn't come across as very immediately enjoyable to me. It has some interesting ideas (locational damage, bonuses for causing severe damage to a location, a system highly dedicated to striking/grappling), but it feels... I dunno, off. The thing about GoF is that even though it's weird as hell when you first start playing it, you at least have a grasp of "light attacks are annoying and heavy attacks HURT", and that's really obvious right away. In Breakblow, it seems like you can hit each other without any hitstun at times (ever try that Mai Otome PS2 game?), so it's hard to tell what you're SUPPOSED to be doing. There seems to be a nice sort of connection between striking and grappling, but there was this moment where we'd keep doing a quick low attack immediately into a grapple, and even if the grapple was escaped, the initiator seemed to come out with frame advantage, and the loop would get repeated forever, and we weren't sure how to stop that.

So aside from memorizing the commands for how to do some of the powerful grapples and figuring out which techniques dealt damage to the head location (if you completely ruin the head location, you can get a knockout), we weren't sure how to actually play the game well. That's what really killed the game for us.

GoF in contrast, is almost all striking. There's "grappling" among the characters in the sense of dashing into them to initiate Infight, but the result of Infight and the counter to Infight is striking. Yukie bucks this trend, but she's the game's only grappler.

While the "paper doll" look is kind of odd, I really like the animation of the moves. Also, knockouts also have real oomph to them!

Ktallguy
1083th Post

"Re(9):Game plays like... a KOF game!" , posted Fri 6 Feb 07:05post reply

Thanks for the detailed answer! I want to get my hands on breakblow just to see what it's like.

GoF is fairly simple to understand once you get beyond the "can't jump" quirk. Also, I really like the OOMPH that the attacks have.

However I still can't get the hang of playing some of the characters, like the Oendan chick. Her light attacks come out so damn slowly, it's kind of weird. I like the boxer chick and the karate-ka. Also, is there a universal throw move? If so, what is it?

Let me know if you want to play online (Isn't there online?)

Play to win.

Spoon
1727th Post

"Re(10):Game plays like... a KOF game!" , posted Fri 6 Feb 07:39post reply

quote:
Thanks for the detailed answer! I want to get my hands on breakblow just to see what it's like.

GoF is fairly simple to understand once you get beyond the "can't jump" quirk. Also, I really like the OOMPH that the attacks have.

However I still can't get the hang of playing some of the characters, like the Oendan chick. Her light attacks come out so damn slowly, it's kind of weird. I like the boxer chick and the karate-ka. Also, is there a universal throw move? If so, what is it?

Let me know if you want to play online (Isn't there online?)

Yes, there' online, but online play requires a gamepad/joystick; if you haven't got one detected, it won't let you play online.

Makoto is kind of awkward, and sometimes it feels like fishing for parries is the way to go. Her high parry hits all around her, and her low parry can't be countered in any way (kind of like Madoi's high parry in early versions...). Once she gets super armor, she can try to take some stupid risks (e.g. just run in for Infight as jabs aren't going to stop you, spam jabs because you're guaranteed to be on the winning end against any other jab, etc.).

The closest thing there is to a universal throw versus people who are defending is Infight.

Iggy
8851th Post

"Pics" , posted Fri 20 Feb 01:25post reply

A bunch of interesting pictures have surfaced. The game is still gorgeous, but nothing new.

chazumaru
665th Post

"new videos from AOU" , posted Mon 23 Feb 06:51:post reply

AOU vids found on GAF

Yagami summons piglets
KOF in CCCP
Athena & Leona
Cutscenes! Satella NNW is back!
The Fûha running gag lives on ♥

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

[this message was edited by chazumaru on Mon 23 Feb 07:00]

Hagen de Merak
1000th Post

"Re(1):new videos from AOU" , posted Mon 23 Feb 07:11post reply

quote:
AOU vids found on GAF

Yagami summons piglets
KOF in CCCP
Athena & Leona

lol why's terry wearing bell-bottoms now?

Count Hihihi
170th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Pics" , posted Mon 23 Feb 22:38post reply

quote:
A bunch of interesting pictures have surfaced. The game is still gorgeous, but nothing new.

I didn't know Duolon was a chick. That's some major 'toe.

Kotaku Ono and the Fanboy spirit.

Ishmael
3411th Post

"Re(1):new videos from AOU" , posted Tue 24 Feb 04:11post reply

quote:
AOU vids found on GAF

Yagami summons piglets
KOF in CCCP
Athena & Leona

I'm glad to see that Jin Fuha finally found his calling by becoming a color commentator. I'm even happier to see that the late Bob Ross is not only still alive but is cheering on KoF in the Satella NNW crowd.

nobinobita
479th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):new videos from AOU" , posted Tue 24 Feb 07:08post reply

Videos look awesome. The new interface and added effects and speed really bring everything together. Robert's lightening kick special looks awesome with the rapid fire lighting (as opposed to just plain weird without the hit sparks and the other character just floating there). I'm so happy to see nice hand done pixel animation!

quote:
I'm even happier to see that the late Bob Ross is not only still alive but is cheering on KoF in the Satella NNW crowd.

Three cheers for the Bob Ross connection!
I wish they could revive him and make HIM the announcer! It would be the most relaxing fighting game ever.
In all seriousness, does anyone know where I can find videos of The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross? I long for his angel voice to serenade me to sleep.

kofoguz
689th Post

"Re(3):new videos from AOU" , posted Sun 1 Mar 19:41post reply

I've been looking up for some vids,pics~news, but theres no info. Is this the latest loketest is secrative?
Should I get some hopes?

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Ishmael
3420th Post

"Re(4):new videos from AOU" , posted Tue 3 Mar 22:55post reply

The US trailer is out. Judging from the action shown the game is all about fat guys hitting people.

Hagen de Merak
1001th Post

"Re(5):new videos from AOU" , posted Tue 3 Mar 23:22post reply

quote:
The US trailer is out. Judging from the action shown the game is all about fat guys hitting people.

the game is HD, but no HD version of trailer

karasu99
85th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):new videos from AOU" , posted Wed 4 Mar 02:06post reply

quote:

EXPERIENCE THE MEGA POWER!! Sheesh.

Burning Ranger
1597th Post

"Re(6):new videos from AOU" , posted Wed 4 Mar 06:38post reply

quote:

At least the game is coming out in the US! I wasn't even sure the game was out in arcades...

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

Professor
2531th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):new videos from AOU" , posted Wed 11 Mar 03:38post reply

quote:
I've been looking up for some vids,pics~news, but theres no info. Is this the latest loketest is secrative?
Should I get some hopes?

The beta test took place this weekend in Osaka. But nobody's posted up any videos as far as I know. People might've just gotten bored with the game already, or they just didn't take the effort since it's coming out in a month anyway.

From what I've played in January, I have my doubts that the game will succeed, at least on its first run. Hopefully it'll get an update in a short span. but I like this idea of having a KOF with AOF3-style sprites.

Badoor
62th Post

Occasional Customer

"News about home versions" , posted Mon 16 Mar 12:51post reply

From Game Informer Magazine scan:
- English & Japanese voices
- Online play with recording capabilities
- Additional characters for the home version

Link:
http://www.neo-arcadia.com/News/voir_news.php?id_news=1

My guess is that the additional character is unfinished Elizabeth for the second time in a row.

Ishmael
3433th Post

"Re(1):News about home versions" , posted Mon 16 Mar 22:34post reply

My guess is the console version characters will be Iori with fire added to his attack animation and Kyo with slightly different fire animation.

D`Cloud
257th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):new videos from AOU" , posted Mon 16 Mar 22:50post reply

quote:

I appreciate the effort they put into the trailer. albeit no direction

http://www.dustinuy.com

Mosquiton
1733th Post

"Re(1):News about home versions" , posted Sun 22 Mar 03:38post reply

quote:

Link:

My guess is that the additional character is unfinished Elizabeth for the second time in a row.

/ / /

Spoon
1742th Post

"Re(2):News about home versions" , posted Sun 22 Mar 11:35post reply

quote:

Link:

So is this going to be like the MIRA debacle where the console release was within a month of the arcade release?

Ishmael
3436th Post

"Re(3):News about home versions" , posted Mon 23 Mar 03:44post reply

quote:

So is this going to be like the MIRA debacle where the console release was within a month of the arcade release?

That's a good question. Like most of SNKP's schedules I'm guessing that the July release date is wildly optimistic. But will arcade owners order a game based solely on SNKP's history of blown deadlines?

Badoor
63th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):News about home versions" , posted Mon 23 Mar 11:31post reply

quote:

That's a good question. Like most of SNKP's schedules I'm guessing that the July release date is wildly optimistic. But will arcade owners order a game based solely on SNKP's history of blown deadlines?

The impression I get is that SNKP's history of blown deadlines doesn't really apply to this case.
If KOF XII is going to be simontaniously released for the 360 & ps3 internationally than surely they aren't doing the porting themselves. And since the announcement was actually made by Ignition not SNKP than I think Ignition is handling most of the consoles conversion, making the July release a bit more solid.
Still the 3 month difference is very short and I'm wondering if SNKP is shooting themselves in the foot with such a quick console port.

kofoguz
694th Post

"The Comic & old-new interview and last vids." , posted Tue 24 Mar 03:06post reply

The Comic.
The interview.
Last Loketest Vids.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

karasu99
102th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):The Comic & old-new interview and last " , posted Tue 24 Mar 05:10post reply

Interesting to see from some of the video that Big New Ralf has a crazily slow walking speed-- I was trying to be accepting of the changes to Ralf and Clark, but... ugh, they've really changed the kind of character they are. I appreciated them both being heavy hitting but relatively fast. I suppose their specials still come out pretty fast.

BUT! Ryo's old stance is back, hooray!

Incidentally, can anyone who's seen the game in person clarify if the light effects during DMs etc actually affect the shading of the character sprites like it appears that they do?

Evenor
681th Post

"Re(2):The Comic & old-new interview and last" , posted Wed 25 Mar 15:12post reply

Ignition Teaser site

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Samson
122th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):The Comic & old-new interview and last" , posted Wed 25 Mar 18:34post reply

Quick question about the critical counter system :

I understand you can try one when your life gauge is flashing. What's the criteria for your life gauge to flash ?

Thanks !

Ishmael
3437th Post

"Re(3):The Comic & old-new interview and last" , posted Wed 25 Mar 22:30post reply

How slow was Ralf before the game was sped up? Or did everyone else get cranked while Ralf remained the same?

quote:
Ignition Teaser site

What a curious page. That may be the most Japanese I've ever seen on a US site. The random traffic noise is also an interesting presentation choice.

Evenor
682th Post

"Re(4):The Comic & old-new interview and last" , posted Fri 27 Mar 15:01post reply

Behind the scenes of the King of fighters movie

Mature ;(

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Ishmael
3441th Post

"Re(5):The Comic & old-new interview and last" , posted Sat 28 Mar 04:18post reply

quote:

Mature ;(

Having the characters run around looking for some mystical trinkets that will let you rule the world sounds uncomfortably close to an actual plot that would show up in a SNK game. Or maybe a plot from the old G.I.Joe cartoon. Whatever the case, the idea that Chizuru made it into the film amuses me. Here's to hoping her shoulder pads make the cut as well.

Speaking of game movies, whatever happened to that Tekken film somebody was threatening to make?

Hagen de Merak
1005th Post

"Re(5):The Comic & old-new interview and last" , posted Sat 28 Mar 04:34post reply

quote:

Mature ;(

lmao iori.

Burning Ranger
1600th Post

"Re(6):The Comic & old-new interview and last" , posted Tue 31 Mar 09:45post reply

quote:

Mature ;(

lmao iori.

I bet you Iori is the hero of the movie, and Mature and Vice are the bad girls with the hearts of gold.

nobinobita
497th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):The Comic & old-new interview and last" , posted Tue 31 Mar 11:25post reply

quote:

Mature ;(

lmao iori.

I bet you Iori is the hero of the movie, and Mature and Vice are the bad girls with the hearts of gold.

I think Kyo will still be the hero, with Iori being the cool rival who begrudgingly accepts the hero at the end. If the movie is being targeted for an American release, then Mature and Vice will get kissey faced during the intro credits.

Then again, this is all bullshit conjecture on my part. It's a Chinese movie. Anything can happen. Including random, explosive, unforgiving violence (with no mercy towards children!).

kofoguz
695th Post

"BTW game is out in Portland." , posted Tue 31 Mar 11:42post reply

Or they say so.

This user has some videos of it.
Also this user has some.
And almost a good Chin.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

karasu99
106th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):BTW game is out in Portland." , posted Tue 31 Mar 14:58post reply

quote:
Or they say so.

This user has some videos of it.
Also this user has some.
And almost a good Chin.

Portland Oregon?!? Huh? That's where I live. I must check this out, but sadly I won't have time to go until the weekend, and the amount body odor present at that arcade is truly monumental, but I will gladly endure for the sake of reporting back details.

Burning Ranger
1601th Post

"Re(2):BTW game is out in Portland." , posted Sun 5 Apr 00:04post reply

quote:

Portland Oregon?!? Huh? That's where I live. I must check this out, but sadly I won't have time to go until the weekend, and the amount body odor present at that arcade is truly monumental, but I will gladly endure for the sake of reporting back details.

From the vid, it looks like this is a US release of the game (Benimaru's win quote is in English). That's a good sign for us Yanks...

karasu99
108th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):BTW game is out in Portland." , posted Thu 9 Apr 05:01post reply

quote:

From the vid, it looks like this is a US release of the game (Benimaru's win quote is in English). That's a good sign for us Yanks...

I should note that, true to form, I totally crapped out on going to see it this past weekend. I'm sure it will still be there, so perhaps I'll redeem myself by trying again on Saturday. Not that it sounds as if many folks here are especially excited about it or anything .

Ishmael
3448th Post

"Re(4):BTW game is out in Portland." , posted Thu 9 Apr 23:49post reply

quote:
I should note that, true to form, I totally crapped out on going to see it this past weekend. I'm sure it will still be there, so perhaps I'll redeem myself by trying again on Saturday. Not that it sounds as if many folks here are especially excited about it or anything .

Here I wondered if you were following the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" mantra when it came to reporting your impressions.

nobinobita
504th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):BTW game is out in Portland." , posted Fri 10 Apr 03:12post reply

quote:

I'm terrifically excited for this game so I'd love to hear any impressions of it.

Also, Portland is awesome. Have you been to the Compound Gallery?

http://www.compoundgallery.com/

It's the coolest little gallery in America. Alot of my absolute favorite artists like Katsuya Terada have showed there.

karasu99
113th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):BTW game is out in Portland." , posted Fri 10 Apr 06:10post reply

quote:

Also, Portland is awesome. Have you been to the Compound Gallery?

http://www.compoundgallery.com/

It's the coolest little gallery in America. Alot of my absolute favorite artists like Katsuya Terada have showed there.

Yeah, I'm there all the time. AND I saw that show. It's not far from Ground Kontrol. Are you local to here then?

OH, and there's a really good comic book store right around the corner as well.