Original message (9225 Views )

Gojira
2476th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"New Unbloated SF4 Dance Battle Thread" , posted Tue 11 Nov 06:11post reply

Once again, from the top.

Finalized(?) select screen for console version

Also a ranbat vid with some badasssssss sugoiiiiii kakkoiiiiiii Mascara del Taco action about midway through, called by everyone's only DAICHI
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5183482
Watch and be ?????????

shipoopi

Replies:

Iggy
8721th Post

"Re(1):New Unbloated SF4 Dance Battle Thread" , posted Tue 11 Nov 07:13post reply

Thanks for the vids. I liked the fact they used everyone (except maybe Dahlsim and Rufus ?). Lots of Zangi and Bison, though.

But then, how many backgrounds are there in that game, finally ? Chunli, Blanka, Las Vegas, Japanese Temple, Chinese boat, weird factory, and...
New characters are good and all, but I hope they add at least one or two new backgrounds in the consumer version.

HAYATO
888th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 07:53post reply

Well, not that I care much about it anymore but, does anyone know what the current state of SF canon is? Judging by the latest additions to the roster, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole Zero series ends kicked out of the official timeline, just like SF2 and SFZ already were...

Or perhaps, via this roster, Capcom states that SF2 really happened in the end... Damn you Crapcom, stop toying with my mind!!!!

Gojira
2477th Post

"Re(1):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 08:05post reply

Here's an easy answer:

Officially, SFA/SFZ never happened.

shipoopi

GPA
48th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 09:24:post reply

quote:
Well, not that I care much about it anymore but, does anyone know what the current state of SF canon is? Judging by the latest additions to the roster, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole Zero series ends kicked out of the official timeline, just like SF2 and SFZ already were...

Or perhaps, via this roster, Capcom states that SF2 really happened in the end... Damn you Crapcom, stop toying with my mind!!!!

I think "officially" the timeline goes:

SF, SFZ2, SFZ3, SSF2T, SF4, SF3:2I, SF3:3rd

[this message was edited by GPA on Tue 11 Nov 09:25]

Pollyanna
2586th Post

"Re(2):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 10:00post reply

quote:
Here's an easy answer:

Officially, SFA/SFZ never happened.

I think it's easier to just throw SF 4 out the window. Either it's a dream match (which seems like the obvious answer) or it's the ONLY truth.

I think it's obvious that "canon" doesn't fit into the plan for SF4, so it makes more sense to throw it out than to selectively throw everything else out.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Black_Hayato
226th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 10:01post reply

Does anyone have any idea what the music sounds like or a ost release date?

Freeter
4433th Post

"Re(3):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 10:36post reply

quote:
I think it's easier to just throw SF 4 out the window.

I think it's easier to just throw Ono out the window.

Spoon
1673th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 11:08post reply

It'll be great when SF4 has sequel after sequel and develops its own canon, and then people try to stitch it together with whatever pre-existing SF canons are out there.

I will be extremely disappointed if the SF4 directors allow it to make sense.

crazymike
1483th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 11:19:post reply

Personally I think SFZ3 ruined the canon, at least in my view.

I always thought of Zero/Zero 2 as true prequels, with Ryu's redhair and Chun-Li's younger appearance and a story that seemed to predate Sf2 by a few years.

Yet when Zero 3 rolled around, suddenly everything seemed to be smooshed together, it seemed more like Street Fighter 2 retold with the whole World Warrior cast and Bison being defeated. I know people say he just died in "that" body but it seemed like such a copout, and elements that should have been in SF2's story like Sagat or Balrog rebelling against Bison seemed to occur two soon and has no explanation on why they are allowed back in Bison's "entourage" by SF2.

Plus need I mention Charlie riding around in a jet with no helmet blowing up Bison's base and not seeming to die (except in Guile's ending)?

At least SFZ2 made sense, it seemed to give canon to the SF2 animated movie featuring Bison/Vega's mad scientist, and everything wrapped up nicely as foreshadowing SF2, but SFZ3 was just one big clusterfuck, plus why did they feel the need to have EVERY fighter take on Bison/Vega at the end?

At least with Zero 2 having rivals as the bosses, every ending could theoretically make sense unlike Zero 3 where everyone beats Bison, which ending is canon there?

[this message was edited by crazymike on Tue 11 Nov 11:22]

Spoon
1674th Post

"Re(5):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 11:26post reply

quote:
where everyone beats Bison, which ending is canon there?

Obviously the one where Zangief's body "too HARUO MURATA strong to be hurt by mere rocks".

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/c/sfa3rmika22.gif

Grave
1138th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(5):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 11:28post reply

quote:
Personally I think SFZ3 ruined the canon, at least in my view.

I don't think anyone will argue with that. They'll still argue with me when I insist that it's a shitty, ugly game, but at least we'll always have it ruining the canon...!

Maou
1517th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 11:38post reply

quote:

Heheheheh.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Tai-Pan
310th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 11:48post reply

quote:

TRUE THAT

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Red Falcon
6066th Post

"Re(5):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 14:00:post reply

quote:
It'll be great when SF4 has sequel after sequel and develops its own canon, and then people try to stitch it together with whatever pre-existing SF canons are out there.

You know it's going to happen! People think to hard about this kind of stuff, just go with the flow.

Best site EVER:Link Here

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Tue 11 Nov 14:00]

Count Hihihi
144th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 14:44post reply

quote:
You know it's going to happen! People think to hard about this kind of stuff, just go with the flow.

I think people just need to go with the flow and accept SFIV as THE BEST STREET FIGHTER YET. With fullscreen animated BADASS ending ceremonies!

Time Mage
2716th Post

"Re(5):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 18:01post reply

quote:
At least with Zero 2 having rivals as the bosses, every ending could theoretically make sense unlike Zero 3 where everyone beats Bison, which ending is canon there?

Not all of them, obviously. That's what allows them to put in Rose, for example, since they can always say "Hey, her ending and Guy's never happened". Anyway, if they try enough, they can fit SFIV in the canon... The same way you can fit a nail too big for the hole: By smashing it into the wood story until the surroundings other games' stories are broken :P

"News flash big guy: You can wax on wax off all you want I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"

Sensenic
1658th Post

"Re(2):New Unbloated SF4 Dance Battle Thread" , posted Tue 11 Nov 19:19:post reply

quote:

But then, how many backgrounds are there in that game, finally ? Chunli, Blanka, Las Vegas, Japanese Temple, Chinese boat, weird factory, and...
New characters are good and all, but I hope they add at least one or two new backgrounds in the consumer version.

There's Sakura's river bank, at least. Don't remember if some other stages were introduced with the other characters...

Oh, and (El Fuerte's?) weapon fair (I'm guessing that's what it is? ^_^; )

Also, you mention a "weird factory", but there are three that could fit that description: Zangief's russian factory, some Shadaloo warehouse/sth, and of course Seth's lab.

You're forgetting Guile's airforce base too.

That amounts for 11 different stages, at least. Not that bad. ^_^

おやおやぁ~

"Farpaitement!"
-Obelix-

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Tue 11 Nov 19:26]

Just a Person
1260th Post

"Re(1):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 19:22post reply

quote:

If I remember correctly, the arcade has the following stages:

- street in China
- Japanese temple
- military airport in Africa
- S.I.N. arena (the one with the big screen filming the fighters)
- jungle bridge
- Chinese boat
- dark military facilities
- some place in USA with a diner and colorful trucks
- Shadaloo wine cellar
- Seth's chamber (just accessible when fighting Seth)
- destroyed temple (just accessible when fighting Gouki or Gouken)

Anyway, we know there is at least one new stage: the first screenshots of Sakura show her fighting Ryu and Zangief in front of a river, with children watching the fight.

quote:

Why would the Zero series need to be kicked out of the official timeline? As already said in the other topic, Rose and Gen were never confirmed dead; we know Gen had a terminal disease but it was never said he died by the time of SF2, and we know Rose seemed to be possessed by M.Bison, but it was never said what happened to her after he got himself a new body.

Final Fight Streetwise, as bad as it is, also shows that the "M.Bison possessed Rose, killed Guy and got a new body" theory doesn't work, since Guy is alive in that game (although I'm not sure if Capcom even counts that game as part of the SF canon).

The only problems we got so far are Sakura still being dressed as a schoolgirl and Gouken being alive. And I think it's possible to give an explanation to both without disregarding any part of the stablished storyline (just because Gouken is alive, it doesn't mean Ryu, Ken or Gouki will find that out during SFIV; I mean, in Mortal Kombat, Kano was revived in Deadly Alliance, but despite him and Sonya being at the same game, she only found out he was still alive in Armageddon...).

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Just a Person
1261th Post

"Re(2):18 stages? Well, it seems so." , posted Tue 11 Nov 20:05post reply

Oh, BTW, I found this video from this 2008 NEXT event. Despite being in bad quality, it shows the select screen indeed has 25 characters right now (although we can't see Rose's portrait very clearly, but it looks like her), and it briefly shows the Vs. artworks for Cammy and Fei-Long. It also shows the "?", but since none of the players select it, we can't find out if it's a random select icon or just an icon to hide the identity of another character.

Anyway, the really interesting point is that, after the players select Seth and M.Bison, the game asks to select a stage - and it seems that there are 18 stages, although we can't see what they look like. But it seems there will be more new stages besides Sakura's river bank stage, after all.

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Iron D
3058th Post

"Re(2):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 20:36post reply

quote:

Why would the Zero series need to be kicked out of the official timeline? As already said in the other topic, Rose and Gen were never confirmed dead; we know Gen had a terminal disease but it was never said he died by the time of SF2, and we know Rose seemed to be possessed by M.Bison, but it was never said what happened to her after he got himself a new body.

Final Fight Streetwise, as bad as it is, also shows that the "M.Bison possessed Rose, killed Guy and got a new body" theory doesn't work, since Guy is alive in that game (although I'm not sure if Capcom even counts that game as part of the SF canon).

The only problems we got so far are Sakura still being dressed as a schoolgirl and Gouken being alive. And I think it's possible to give an explanation to both without disregarding any part of the stablished storyline (just because Gouken is alive, it doesn't mean Ryu, Ken or Gouki will find that out during SFIV; I mean, in Mortal Kombat, Kano was revived in Deadly Alliance, but despite him and Sonya being at the same game, she only found out he was still alive in Armageddon...).

EXACTLY. EVERY fighting game (that I can think of) has endings that can be canon and can't be canon. Mortal Kombat, KoF, Darkstalkers, Tekken, Soul, Rival Schools....I was thinking that it was already widely accepted that not every ending in every game in a series is canon. Some are, some aren't and usually one can't determine which one is canon until a sequel comes out. Usually it's the main character's ending that is canon, but sometimes it isn't.

As for the listing of which SF games are canon and which aren't, GPA's list correlates with what I would have listed:

SF, SFZ2, SFZ3, SSF2T, SF4, SF3:2I, SF3:3rd . And I'd add that the first 3 Final Fight games fit in, and that Saturday Night Slam Masters and Rival Schools MAY be in the same canonical universe...but if those last two make things even more confusing for some of you folks then just ignore them...

Also, it should be mentioned that SFA/SFZ actually retconned some of the plot points in the SF2 games (most notably Sagat's story)...and then there were the aspects of SF2's story that were messed up by bad American translations...

Basically, just like any fighting game's story there's a bunch of crap that won't make sense. I've actually come to accept messed up storylines as just another part of fighting games. These aren't RPGs we're talking about.

Er.....

dr baghead
3777th Post

"Re(5):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 22:09post reply

quote:
Plus need I mention Charlie riding around in a jet with no helmet blowing up Bison's base and not seeming to die (except in Guile's ending)?

BASELESS THEORY:
Charlie's storyline in SFA3 is actually supposed to be Guile's (teaming up with Chun-Li, destroying Bison's base) but as with T.Hawk saving Juli instead of November (whatever her name is) Capcom did not have a Guile sprite and nor did they want to take the time to make one for initial arcade release so they just used Charlie even though his SFA2 ending was his cannon death.

Guile's alt costume is an homage to this as were in SFA3 we have Charlie taking Guile's place due to laziness in SF4 we have Guile wearing a dead man's vest for the same reason.

and the only reason we have Guile in SFA3 is because the MvC2 team had been working on his sprites and they 'pulled a Cammy' and put him in SFA3 as a hidden character. But the home version of SFA3 hit before MvC2 so everyone thinks Guile started out in SFA3 and was then ported to MvC2 when really the opposite is true.

.... cannon FIXED!(?)

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)
my silly little drawin's

Iggy
8722th Post

"Re(3):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 22:33post reply

quote:
Rival Schools MAY be in the same canonical universe...

This was refuted : Sakura didn't appear in MoeJus, and only some of CvS2 new sprites appeared in Zero3↑↑ (Maki from FF, Eagle SF1, Yun from SF3, but no Kyosuke).
Someone was thinking that that series was too ota and couldn't blend well with a serious universe such as SF... While a time-traveling loli goddess was OK.

NARUTO
3686th Post

"Re(4):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 23:36post reply

quote:
This was refuted : Sakura didn't appear in MoeJus, and only some of CvS2 new sprites appeared in Zero3↑↑ (Maki from FF, Eagle SF1, Yun from SF3, but no Kyosuke).
Someone was thinking that that series was too ota and couldn't blend well with a serious universe such as SF... While a time-traveling loli goddess was OK.

You know it could turn worst... Ingrid may comes in SF4. After all Capcom should still have her 3D model from CFAS somewhere... ^_^
she could een bring Rook and D.D. with her.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Iron D
3059th Post

"Re(4):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Tue 11 Nov 23:44post reply

quote:

I always thought that extra characters in Alpha 3 Upper were just bonus characters (hence time displaced Yun and Ingrid). And if the extra Upper characters aren't canonical, then I wouldn't take much stock in Kyosuke's non-appearance.

Of course, this is all just guess work. I could be totally wrong about everything in this post.

Er.....

Just a Person
1263th Post

"Re(5):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Wed 12 Nov 00:11post reply

quote:

I always thought that extra characters in Alpha 3 Upper were just bonus characters (hence time displaced Yun and Ingrid). And if the extra Upper characters aren't canonical, then I wouldn't take much stock in Kyosuke's non-appearance.

Of course, this is all just guess work. I could be totally wrong about everything in this post.

I guess you're right. But Eagle and Maki could fit into the SFZ3 canonical events, couldn't they? Maybe not all their stories (like Maki fighting M.Bison), but some of them.

Iron D
3060th Post

"Re(6):New Unbloated SF canon doubts" , posted Wed 12 Nov 00:29post reply

quote:

I guess you're right. But Eagle and Maki could fit into the SFZ3 canonical events, couldn't they? Maybe not all their stories (like Maki fighting M.Bison), but some of them.

Those two could work. Ingrid and especially Yun, though? Uh-uh.

Er.....

Nekros
120th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):New Unbloated SF4 Dance Battle Thread" , posted Wed 12 Nov 08:31post reply

quote:
Once again, from the top.

Finalized(?) select screen for console version

Well, I recall a youtube video presenting the same select screeen, so it may be true.
I'm not a great Rose fan but I love the Zero series so this addition is fine with me. I've preferred Karin, tough.
Looking at that screen 2 things come to mind:
1) the numbers in the center are useless in a home version
2) the random select can be replaced by pressing the select button or keep pressing a direction

This can make room for additional 3 characters, so the final roster can offer 28 fighters.

If you want a very impressive 30 fighters roster, simply remove Gouken and Seth portraits and make them selectable like Gill in TS (his face isn't on the roster but he appears moving the cursor "out" the field of selection, so for example you can get Gouken on the left side and Seth on the right side).

And I hope next challengers are from the III series.

GekigangerV
1604th Post

"New Unbloated SF4 Action Figure Thread" , posted Wed 12 Nov 08:52post reply

From NECA toys

Apparently they will be released in February. The head sculpts on Ken and Ryu are a bit weird Viper looks pretty good though. Unfortunately, I have heard that these will be 7" which is an inch out of scale of the SOTA figures. But I will have to see them in person to make the call on if I want to follow this line. I think I will just pick up the new characters if they are truly 7". I think NECA's TMNT line was also advertised as 7", but are actually 6".

If you are still wondering about SOTA, they have been slow. But their new wave of Mika/Honda/Dhalsim/Zangief might actually come out this month. Almost a whole year after their original release date.

Gojira
2479th Post

"Re(2):New Unbloated SF4 Dance Battle Thread" , posted Wed 12 Nov 10:40post reply

quote:

Looking at that screen 2 things come to mind:
1) the numbers in the center are useless in a home version

They're not useless. You'll need them for online matches. But they could go somewhere else.

quote:

This can make room for additional 3 characters, so the final roster can offer 28 fighters.

That reminds me of something I noticed the day before Rose was discovered: I was playing single-player and beat the game with Viper. In her ending she says she eliminated number 15 (Seth) and that the "other 26" shouldn't be a problem. If you wanted to read too much into that you could take it as a hint at a 28-character final roster. Or it could be just a random number.

shipoopi

Nekros
123th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):New Unbloated SF4 Dance Battle Thread" , posted Wed 12 Nov 19:37:post reply

quote:

That reminds me of something I noticed the day before Rose was discovered: I was playing single-player and beat the game with Viper. In her ending she says she eliminated number 15 (Seth) and that the "other 26" shouldn't be a problem. If you wanted to read too much into that you could take it as a hint at a 28-character final roster. Or it could be just a random number.

ok, you're right about the time counter.

I don't think Viper means other fighters when speaking of "other 26". From your words, seems Viper fought only Seth in the ending, and not the other fighters encountered before him. Also, the 26 guys she mentions may be other S.I.N.-sha members or clones/biological weapon like Seth produced by Shadaloo.

I think Ono is finalizing the roster for home version according to fandom and players feedback than to his mind's.

[this message was edited by Nekros on Wed 12 Nov 19:39]

Nekros
123th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):New Unbloated SF4 Dance Battle Thread" , posted Wed 12 Nov 19:38:post reply

Double, sorry.
Admin can delete this.

[this message was edited by Nekros on Wed 12 Nov 19:40]

Just a Person
1264th Post

"More to come??" , posted Thu 13 Nov 05:55post reply

Okay, according to some blog from Capcom USA, Rose is really confirmed. Too bad they confirm Rose, but show no screenshot or artwork of her from the game...

Anyway, the same blog hints that other characters may still get in SFIV, and that the selection screen can just be rearranged, and Seth and Gouken (and maybe Gouki) can be unlockable characters, therefore not being in the selection screen at first.

The blog hints at the inclusion of Ibuki, Oro and Guy (which is weird, since there was that story that no Final Fight character would be allowed in SFIV). Question is: can we trust in this blog? It's from Capcom, after all; but since it's from Capcom USA (and not from Ono's team), I'm not sure about how aware they are about the game development...

Count Hihihi
145th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):New Unbloated SF4 Dance Battle Thread" , posted Thu 13 Nov 06:35post reply

quote:

I think Ono is finalizing the roster for home version according to fandom and players feedback than to his mind's.

ACCORDING TO FANDOM? NO WAY!!!

Count Hihihi
146th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):More to come??" , posted Thu 13 Nov 06:37post reply

quote:

The blog hints at the inclusion of Ibuki, Oro and Guy (which is weird, since there was that story that no Final Fight character would be allowed in SFIV). Question is: can we trust in this blog? It's from Capcom, after all; but since it's from Capcom USA (and not from Ono's team), I'm not sure about how aware they are about the game development...

Ono is the only man in the world that I really trust. He is so BADASS.

Maou
1520th Post

"Re(2):More to come??" , posted Thu 13 Nov 10:46:post reply

quote:

Ono is the only man in the world that I really trust. He is so BADASS.

Shhh.

Besides, Ono is close enough to Oro. And Oro IS a man I can trust.

[this message was edited by Maou on Thu 13 Nov 10:47]

emagius
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):More to come??" , posted Fri 14 Nov 02:25post reply

quote:
Okay, according to some blog from Capcom USA, Rose is really confirmed.

I doubt that the blogger in question has any more information than your average fanboy and would be wary of giving any weight to his speculation.

Just a Person
1265th Post

"Re(2):More to come??" , posted Fri 14 Nov 02:49post reply

quote:

I doubt that the blogger in question has any more information than your average fanboy and would be wary of giving any weight to his speculation.

You're right. I just found out today that one doesn't need to work at Capcom to have a blog at Capcom Unity, so this guy is probably another fan speculating on the cast of the game.

Sorry about the unchecked rumour...

Iron D
3062th Post

"Re(3):More to come??" , posted Fri 14 Nov 05:14:post reply

quote:

You're right. I just found out today that one doesn't need to work at Capcom to have a blog at Capcom Unity, so this guy is probably another fan speculating on the cast of the game.

Well, there is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6xOrw6rBVs that has the full (as of now) characters select screen at the beginning with the-woman-that-we're-assuming-is-Rose in it. Unfortunately, neither of the players chooses her.

Er.....

[this message was edited by Iron D on Fri 14 Nov 05:16]

Ishmael
3338th Post

"Re(3):More to come??" , posted Fri 14 Nov 05:43post reply

quote:

Who thought it was a good idea to hand out Capcom domain blogs to anybody who came in off the street? I do like that SF4 is probably the most open of any Capcom fighter about how it is being created. But the trouble with all that information is that it makes it even harder to sort out what is going to make it into the game, what was changed during the design process, and what is the ramblings of overly enthusiastic or overly negative fans. Having Capcom Unity posts where bloggers can create reams of ungrounded speculation isn't helping matters.

Juan
4490th Post

"Re(4):More to come??" , posted Fri 14 Nov 09:32post reply

quote:
Who thought it was a good idea to hand out Capcom domain blogs to anybody who came in off the street? I do like that SF4 is probably the most open of any Capcom fighter about how it is being created. But the trouble with all that information is that it makes it even harder to sort out what is going to make it into the game, what was changed during the design process, and what is the ramblings of overly enthusiastic or overly negative fans. Having Capcom Unity posts where bloggers can create reams of ungrounded speculation isn't helping matters.

SDJFHSFVSJFSJFVJSDVFGVSDJGFVSGJDVFGSDJ

Just a Person
1268th Post

"SFIV Cammy video" , posted Fri 14 Nov 21:14:post reply

Cammy vs. Chun-Li SFIV video

Unfortunately the video doesn't show her doing much, but she looks cool!

EDIT: one more SFIV Cammy vs. Chun-Li video.

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Sat 15 Nov 00:27]

Ishmael
3339th Post

"Re(5):More to come??" , posted Sat 15 Nov 04:11post reply

quote:

When do we eat? When do we fight?

Less important questions are brought up by the Gouken video that is posted over at the SF4 page. Is that a command throw he's using to juggle people with? Does anybody else have that sort of ability off a grab?

Toxico
4545th Post

"Re(6):More to come??" , posted Sat 15 Nov 04:36post reply

quote:

When do we eat? When do we fight?

My brain is close to self destruction.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -

And be glad that you didn't see the sudamerican dubbing, for neither this nor megaman

End of Spoiler

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

ONSLAUGHT
3757th Post

"Re(7):More to come??" , posted Sat 15 Nov 07:34post reply

quote:

My brain is close to self destruction.

Sonido BOOOOOOOOM!

Time Mage
2717th Post

"Re(6):More to come??" , posted Sat 15 Nov 18:14post reply

quote:
Does anybody else have that sort of ability off a grab?

Not in SFIV, I think, but there are plenty of precedences in the SFIII games: Remy's and Hugo's neutral throws in the corner, the shotos forward throws in the corner against Dudley with a dp-type super, Twelve's neutral throw against Hugo with a tiger kneed SAII, and probably some others I'm not remembering now.

And there's also Bison's kick throw in the EX series, of course.

"News flash big guy: You can wax on wax off all you want I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"

HAYATO
890th Post

"Re(5):More to come??" , posted Tue 18 Nov 15:46post reply

quote:

Now, that's what I call a BADASS video...

Just a Person
1271th Post

"First SFIV Rose screenshot..." , posted Fri 28 Nov 22:58post reply

...and we can't see anything about her.

Tai-Pan
318th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):First SFIV Rose screenshot..." , posted Sat 29 Nov 03:19post reply

quote:

Why everybody so secretive about her?

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Gojira
2491th Post

"Re(1):First SFIV Rose screenshot..." , posted Sat 29 Nov 03:28post reply

quote:

It's like those old looney tunes cartoons where the dog catches Sylvester and you see nothing but like a huge dust cloud with stars and limbs randomly flying around

shipoopi

Nekros
129th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):First SFIV Rose screenshot..." , posted Sat 29 Nov 07:34post reply

quote:

Why everybody so secretive about her?

She seems to have a new outfit or it's just "the dust"?

Grave
1153th Post

"Re(3):First SFIV Rose screenshot..." , posted Sat 29 Nov 12:24post reply

quote:
She seems to have a new outfit or it's just "the dust"?

New outfit? You must have forgotten what game this was!

Toxico
4555th Post

"Fei & Dan screens" , posted Sat 29 Nov 12:37post reply

Famitsu has gone crazy with this Kim Dragon wanna be & Dan, also they have some more pics on the anime

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Iron D
3075th Post

"Re(1):Fei & Dan screens" , posted Sat 29 Nov 17:27post reply

quote:
Famitsu has gone crazy with this Kim Dragon wanna be & Dan, also they have some more pics on the anime

Dan and Fei's ultras look...um...what's that word? Begins with a "b" ends in "ass"....

Er.....

ONSLAUGHT
3775th Post

"Re(2):Fei & Dan screens" , posted Sat 29 Nov 17:36post reply

quote:
Begins with a "b" ends in "ass"....

bitchass?

Iron D
3076th Post

"Re(3):Fei & Dan screens" , posted Sat 29 Nov 19:25post reply

quote:
Begins with a "b" ends in "ass"....
bitchass?

Eh...close enough.

Er.....

Grave
1154th Post

"Re(3):Fei & Dan screens" , posted Sun 30 Nov 01:30post reply

quote:
bitchass?

bass. He flops around like a big fish.

Ishmael
3348th Post

"Re(4):Fei & Dan screens" , posted Sun 30 Nov 05:44post reply

quote:
bitchass?

bass. He flops around like a big fish.

GET BASS

I love the anime shot of Ryu and Ken fist bumping. The blah expressions on their faces make it look as if they are thinking that they would rather be anywhere else in the world than standing in front of the hallway closet.

Thankfully Dan has enough spirit for ten people. The new animation on his uppercut is particularly nice. Speaking of new animation what happened to Fei Long's chicken wings?

Just a Person
1272th Post

"Re(1):Fei & Dan screens" , posted Sun 30 Nov 11:53post reply

quote:

Cool, but we've already seen lots of screenshots of Dan and Fei-Long...

I hope Famitsu soon shows some screenshots of Cammy, Gen and Rose... especially Rose and Cammy, since Gen already has three decent screenshots...

Count Hihihi
149th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Fei & Dan screens" , posted Sun 30 Nov 18:05post reply

quote:

I hope Famitsu soon shows some screenshots of Cammy, Gen and Rose... especially Rose and Cammy, since Gen already has three BADASS screenshots...

Just a Person
1276th Post

"New pictures of Cammy and Gen (FINALLY!)" , posted Thu 4 Dec 03:20post reply

The pictures, as well as some additional information on the game, can be seen here.

No announcement for Rose, yet. I guess Capcom wants to keep her as a surprise (even though we already know she's in it).

Anyway, Cammy's and Gen's artworks look very nice (before Count Hihihi replies to this, yes, they are BADASS...).

Nekros
132th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):New pictures of Cammy and Gen (FINALLY!" , posted Thu 4 Dec 08:34post reply

quote:
The pictures, as well as some additional information on the game, can be seen here.

No announcement for Rose, yet. I guess Capcom wants to keep her as a surprise (even though we already know she's in it).

Anyway, Cammy's and Gen's artworks look very nice (before Count Hihihi replies to this, yes, they are BADASS...).

Nice find, I already know them but I didn't post because of the bad resolution ^^'
The summary talks about the addition of SEVERAL new characters in the home version. My bet is nine or ten exsclusive characters, five of them already revealed.

ktallguy
1047th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):New pictures of Cammy and Gen (FINALLY!" , posted Fri 5 Dec 00:25post reply

I still wish other alpha characters were in instead of Gen. I want Guy or Karin.

Play to win.

Nekros
135th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):New pictures of Cammy and Gen (FINALLY!" , posted Fri 5 Dec 00:59:post reply

quote:
I still wish other alpha characters were in instead of Gen. I want Guy or Karin.

It seems that Guy, Cody, Hugo, Poison or other FF characters will not be included due to licensing issues with Capcom USA. FF is a Capcom USA brand, like Street Fighter, but Capcom of Japan and Dimps are working on a single franchise.
I wanted Guy too, but there are hopes for Karin.

Btw, I heard of a strange option included in the beta of console version: is possibile to give Sakura her red bloomers or Karin's bike shorts under her skirt... ^^' useless and perv, isn't it?

[this message was edited by Nekros on Fri 5 Dec 01:05]

Nekros
135th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):New pictures of Cammy and Gen (FINALLY!" , posted Fri 5 Dec 01:00:post reply

I forgot to mention that Hugo may be not considered technically a FF character, though resemblance with Andore is a given.
And I prefer him not to be included, since we have already Zangief and he's not so a good choice as Dudley or Alex in terms of popularity.

[this message was edited by Nekros on Fri 5 Dec 01:04]

Count Hihihi
150th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):New pictures of Cammy and Gen (FINALLY!" , posted Fri 5 Dec 02:22post reply

Cammy's and Gen's artworks are BADASS

Iggy
8748th Post

"Re(2):New pictures of Cammy and Gen (FINALLY!" , posted Fri 5 Dec 03:00post reply

quote:
My bet is nine or ten exsclusive characters, five of them already revealed.

This is ridiculous.

Freeter
4437th Post

"Re(3):New pictures of Cammy and Gen (FINALLY!" , posted Fri 5 Dec 03:37post reply

quote:

This is ridiculous.

No, this is Ono. And he is BADASS.

Nekros
135th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):New pictures of Cammy and Gen (FINALLY!" , posted Fri 5 Dec 17:01post reply

quote:

This is ridiculous.

Eh... I find it ridicolous too. But what "several" may be mean?
And do you remember that Ono, in one of the first interviews about the game, stated that there will be two new female characters? Not only him, is ridiculousness is BADASS also.

Iggy
8750th Post

"Re(4):New pictures of Cammy and Gen (FINALLY!" , posted Fri 5 Dec 21:14post reply

quote:
But what "several" may be mean?

sev·er·al
adj.
1. Being of a number more than two or three but not many: several miles away.

Nekros
137th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):New pictures of Cammy and Gen (FINALLY!" , posted Fri 5 Dec 22:04post reply

quote:
sev·er·al
adj.

It's ok but... five characters a no one from III?
Mmmhhh.

Just a Person
1278th Post

"Re(6):New pictures of Cammy and Gen (FINALLY!" , posted Fri 5 Dec 22:51post reply

quote:
sev·er·al
adj.

Mmmhhh.

I think there will be one (and ONLY one) character from III.

Considering there seems to be some effort this time with the story (aside from Sakura's school clothes and Gouken alive still with no explanation), I'd say Yun, Yang, Elena, Sean, Remy, Makoto, Necro and Twelve are out of SFIV (either too young or didn't have special abilities before SFIII; plus, people would kill Ono if he added Sean due to him being "another shoto"...). Alex, Ibuki, Urien, Gill, Q and Dudley (although Ono said before that Dudley would NOT be in SFIV) would be the most likely choices, IMO.

Iggy
8752th Post

"Re(6):New pictures of Cammy and Gen (FINALLY!" , posted Fri 5 Dec 22:55post reply

quote:
Mmmhhh.

The selection screen that was leaked doesn't leave much room for improvement to me... It being symmetrical and all.
And come on, whatever we think of them (or of the original cast), 5 totally new characters (and no copy and paste like in the good old days, really really new) are huge. It's 1/4th of the original cast!
And remember Rose was just leaked on the internets. We're supposed to be marveling at Cammy's all new screens, and be totally amazed when they reveal yet another female character next month.

Count Hihihi
151th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):New pictures of Cammy and Gen (FINALLY!" , posted Fri 5 Dec 23:40post reply

The day they reveal a character from SF3 is totally going to rock my world because it is a character from SF3 in SFIV. It is going to be so BADASS.

Freeter
4438th Post

"Re(8):New pictures of Cammy and Gen (FINALLY!" , posted Sat 6 Dec 03:45post reply

quote:
The day they reveal a character from SF3 is totally going to rock my world because it is a character from SF3 in SFIV. It is going to be so BADASS.

My world has already been rocked because SFIV features two characters from SFV, VI, and VII, and those aren't even out yet.

Ono is BADASS.

Nekros
138th Post

Regular Customer

"Collector's Edition Revealed" , posted Sat 6 Dec 05:19post reply

Speaking of BADASS things...I noticed the recently announced Limited Edition for pal territories (02/20/09).
The link is in Italian
(http://www.multiplayer.it/notizia.php?id=59313) but it simply states the content of this version:

- the anime disc, with HD visualisation support
- a guide book, with artworks (mook sorta?)
- a gashapon diorama (featuring Ryu and Viper)
- exclusive downloadable content (what!?)

I assume that NA and Japan get the same.

Iron D
3086th Post

"Re(1):Collector's Edition Revealed" , posted Sat 6 Dec 06:26post reply

quote:
Speaking of BADASS things...I noticed the recently announced Limited Edition for pal territories (02/20/09).
The link is in Italian
(http://www.multiplayer.it/notizia.php?id=59313) but it simply states the content of this version:

- the anime disc, with HD visualisation support
- a guide book, with artworks (mook sorta?)
- a gashapon diorama (featuring Ryu and Viper)
- exclusive downloadable content (what!?)

I assume that NA and Japan get the same.

If this is right, I'm banking on the dlc being costumes.

Er.....

Hungrywolf
3148th Post

"Re(2):Collector's Edition Revealed" , posted Sat 6 Dec 15:09post reply

If there is a collector's edition, that is the edition I will have to get.

Count Hihihi
153th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Collector's Edition Revealed" , posted Sat 6 Dec 21:04post reply

Collectors Edition... MORE LIKE BADASS EDITION AM I RIGHT!?!

Maou
1535th Post

"Re(4):Collector's Edition Revealed" , posted Sun 7 Dec 02:37post reply

How do you say ワンパターン in English?

Count Hihihi
154th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Collector's Edition Revealed" , posted Sun 7 Dec 03:34post reply

quote:

BADASS

Maou
1537th Post

"Re(6):Collector's Edition Revealed" , posted Sun 7 Dec 03:35post reply

quote:

BADASS

Silly me.

Toxico
4575th Post

"Re(5):Collector's Edition Revealed" , posted Sun 7 Dec 04:21:post reply

quote:

It's funny how it took me something like 7 years to understand that line... Oh, the memories

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sun 7 Dec 04:23]

Maou
1538th Post

"Re(6):Collector's Edition Revealed" , posted Sun 7 Dec 04:27post reply

quote:

It's funny how it took me something like 7 years to understand that line... Oh, the memories

Hehehe. I was trying to think of a word in English that's as cutting, as I couldn't, even though it's 和製英語.

Toxico
4575th Post

"Re(7):Collector's Edition Revealed" , posted Sun 7 Dec 04:33post reply

quote:
Hehehe. I was trying to think of a word in English that's as cutting, as I couldn't, even though it's 和製英語.

So it wasn't sarcasm? I thought that "one pattern" was quite fitting in english as well. If I where to rephrase it (according to what we have seen in this threadm no less), perhaps I should use something like "single tracked" or "one way", which could be considered as slightly off context.

Repetitivo

悪魔の化身か地獄の使者か
リングで突然相手が消える!!

Maou
1539th Post

"Re(8):Collector's Edition Revealed" , posted Sun 7 Dec 05:05post reply

quote:

So it wasn't sarcasm? I thought that "one pattern" was quite fitting in english as well. If I where to rephrase it (according to what we have seen in this threadm no less), perhaps I should use something like "single tracked" or "one way", which could be considered as slightly off context.

Repetitivo

Oh, it was! But "one pattern" isn't a real English phrase. Maybe "this is getting old" will have to do. Oh well. Though I may start using repetitivo from now on.

Toxico
4579th Post

"Re(9):Collector's Edition Revealed" , posted Sun 7 Dec 11:04:post reply

quote:
Oh, it was! But "one pattern" isn't a real English phrase. Maybe "this is getting old" will have to do. Oh well. Though I may start using repetitivo from now on.

Just to brighten your day :
Repetitivo (Spanish) = repetitive (English)

EDIT 1 : Herpes!

EDIT 2 : I think that it was proper in english to define the issue using "one trick" within the sentence; kinda like "one hit wonder", I remember it from some movies.

If you aren't setting any kind of "space limit", there are many sentences that can express that situation. If you want a short expression, then it's harder to properly select something good to tell .

obscene voodoo dance teleport

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 06/12/08 (54 personajes)

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sun 7 Dec 11:06]

Maese Spt
458th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(10):Collector's Edition Revealed" , posted Thu 11 Dec 14:03:post reply

I'm almost afraid to admit it but, now that all those hidden characters have been revealed, the roster does not feel so dull as before. My feeling towards the game has changed significantly, now it seems even slightly attractive. Should all these new faces been there from the beginning, on the arcade version, we surely would not have bitched so much... I, for one, warmly welcome the addition of eternal schoolgirl Sakura-tan.

And, will I dare to say it...?

[this message was edited by Maese Spt on Thu 11 Dec 14:27]

Time Mage
2735th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Collector's Edition Revealed" , posted Thu 11 Dec 20:07post reply

quote:

...Dan?

I liked the game before, but wanted more character variety. Now, with the console characters, I'm only missing a SFIII representative, and I'll be fully happy.

Maese Spt
458th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Collector's Edition Revealed" , posted Thu 11 Dec 22:28post reply

quote:

...Dan?

Actually, what I didn't dare to say was that I find Gouken's addition totally BADASS (giggle), but somehow that text fragment totally dissapeared from my post.

Iggy
8771th Post

"Rose" , posted Wed 17 Dec 20:23post reply

I hope her face looks better on a bigger scan.

Just a Person
1279th Post

"Re(1):Rose" , posted Wed 17 Dec 20:40post reply

quote:

Really? I think she looks fine. Anyway, it will be interesting to see the weird hair fights between Rose and C.Viper...

Could she be the last added character? Or is Capcom hiding some more surprises?

Time Mage
2740th Post

"Re(2):Rose" , posted Wed 17 Dec 21:50post reply

quote:

Really? I think she looks fine.

The upper right image looks pretty bad. Like a 40 years old whore who was once pretty and now covers that with an excess of makeup.

Still, the picture is really small and Capcom has demonstrated that they are constantly improving the face models, so I'm sure it'll end up well in the final release.

Just a Person
1280th Post

"Re(3):Rose" , posted Wed 17 Dec 23:03post reply

quote:
The upper right image looks pretty bad. Like a 40 years old whore who was once pretty and now covers that with an excess of makeup.

Well, you know, Rose isn't exactly a young girl... she was already a full grown woman in Zero 3, and from then to SFIV some years have passed, so...

Nekros
146th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Rose" , posted Wed 17 Dec 23:05post reply

quote:

Well, you know, Rose isn't exactly a young girl... she was already a full grown woman in Zero 3, and from then to SFIV some years have passed, so...

...so Sakura can stop pretending to be in her teens :P

Time Mage
2741th Post

"Re(4):Rose" , posted Wed 17 Dec 23:31post reply

quote:

"Full grown", in Japanese videogames terms, is anything above 24 years, and I don't think she has an official age, so...

Just a Person
1281th Post

"Re(5):Rose" , posted Thu 18 Dec 00:10post reply

quote:
...so Sakura can stop pretending to be in her teens :P

Heh... yeah, I guess.

Ishmael
3355th Post

"Re(6):Rose" , posted Thu 18 Dec 04:37post reply

Now that I think about it, one of the reasons that Rose probably made the cut is those inhuman slices of hair that she has. Long hair is one those tricky things that still trips up programmers. Because of that Rose is a great choice since she doesn't have a single strand out of place, preferring instead to keep it all in large slabs that remain in place like cooled streams of lava.

Spoon
1697th Post

"Re(5):Rose" , posted Thu 18 Dec 08:44post reply

quote:

"Full grown", in Japanese videogames terms, is anything above 24 years, and I don't think she has an official age, so...

"Full-grown" is more like anything out of high school.

I actually wonder what Lisa Lisa looked like as she grew older.

Toxico
4596th Post

"Re(6):Rose" , posted Thu 18 Dec 09:21post reply

quote:
I actually wonder what Lisa Lisa looked like as she grew older.

You can always use Madonna as a template / example Nothing brings out my pride like girls that double my actual age, but still manage to look much younger than me.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 09/12/08 (58 personajes)

Count Hihihi
158th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Rose" , posted Fri 19 Dec 06:24post reply

ROSE IS THE MOST BADASS SPECIES IN THE PLANT WORLD

Tai-Pan
334th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(8):Rose" , posted Fri 19 Dec 14:47post reply

quote:
ROSE IS THE MOST BADASS SPECIES IN THE PLANT WORLD

WHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a Person
1282th Post

"Capcom posts new SFIV artworks" , posted Fri 19 Dec 20:25post reply

Cammy, Gen and Rose

And in case anyone missed these before:

Sakura, Fei-Long and Dan

I don't know about the in-game screenshots, but Rose's artwork doesn't look like a 40-year-old woman at all; in fact, she's in a tough competition against C.Viper for the "weird-haired hot mama" title (okay, Rose isn't really a mama, but damn, she looks HOT! So does Cammy, by the way)...

Count Hihihi
159th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Capcom posts new SFIV artworks" , posted Fri 19 Dec 21:02post reply

quote:
"weird-haired hot BADASS"

Fixed.

Nobinobita
454th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Capcom posts new SFIV artworks" , posted Sat 20 Dec 02:47post reply

quote:
Cammy, Gen and Rose

And in case anyone missed these before:

Sakura, Fei-Long and Dan

I don't know about the in-game screenshots, but Rose's artwork doesn't look like a 40-year-old woman at all; in fact, she's in a tough competition against C.Viper for the "weird-haired hot mama" title (okay, Rose isn't really a mama, but damn, she looks HOT! So does Cammy, by the way)...

Cool thanks for the new pics.

I wonder why they don't have Ikeno doing the actual art for these?

He does all these wonderful character design sketches, and he did the in game portraits, why not have him do the official character illustrations for print as well?

Does anyone know who the artist is that did these brushy ink spatter illustrations?

Nekros
148th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Capcom posts new SFIV artworks" , posted Sat 20 Dec 02:49post reply

quote:

Does anyone know who the artist is that did these brushy ink spatter illustrations?

I'm not sure about it, but may be Daigo Ikeno.

GekigangerV
1608th Post

"Re(3):Capcom posts new SFIV artworks" , posted Sat 20 Dec 03:08post reply

Link Here

Some Cammy stuff on Famitsu.

Gojira
2496th Post

"Re(4):Capcom posts new SFIV artworks" , posted Sat 20 Dec 03:56:post reply

Also

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/23089

Interviews, and some video footage featuring various characters including Cammy and Fei Long. English voices are still weird. There are also some more new stages to see.

EDIT:
Large pics of Rose, Dan, Gen, Cammy, Fei Long in gameplay.

shipoopi

[this message was edited by Gojira on Sat 20 Dec 04:25]

nobinobita
455th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Capcom posts new SFIV artworks" , posted Sat 20 Dec 04:27post reply

quote:

I'm not sure about it, but may be Daigo Ikeno.

I know Ikeno is doing the designs, and he did the in game portraits (or rather, he painted over the models) but I'm certain he didn't do the illustrations with the ink spatters. They're much more loosely constructed than his art, it's definitely not by any of the other signature Capcom artists either.

Rose is looking good in game.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7417_en.html#

I think she's one of the most successful transitions into 3d in the game. She actually looks more mature than the other characters a little.

Ishmael
3356th Post

"Re(4):Capcom posts new SFIV artworks" , posted Sat 20 Dec 05:03post reply

At first I was uncertain about the addition of Rose because I was thinking about her purely in terms of game play. But now that I see her in 3D I can understand why she was included. All that crackling energy and scarf whipping will look great in-game.

http://www.gamersyde.com/pop_image.html?G=9892&N=30

What is Cammy doing here and can she continue to do it?

Gojira
2496th Post

"Re(4):Capcom posts new SFIV artworks" , posted Sat 20 Dec 05:08post reply

quote:

I know Ikeno is doing the designs, and he did the in game portraits (or rather, he painted over the models) but I'm certain he didn't do the illustrations with the ink spatters. They're much more loosely constructed than his art, it's definitely not by any of the other signature Capcom artists either.

Nope, he did do those. I'm pretty sure the reason they look so different from his usual stuff is because he was trying to create something different. Originally it looks like he was trying to mix the modern look with classic ukiyo-e style (like Gekkou or Kuniyoshi), but it's progressively leaned more into just a stylized modern look over the past year.

shipoopi

Iggy
8782th Post

"Re(5):Capcom posts new SFIV artworks" , posted Sat 20 Dec 09:55:post reply

quote:
Nope, he did do those. I'm pretty sure the reason they look so different from his usual stuff is because he was trying to create something different.

I concur: at least the horrible, horrible art of Ryu walking toward us with the elegance of a sterilized bull is by Ikeno, and I don't see why the rest wouldn't be.

Edit : I am pleasantly surprised by Rose, but I don't like Cammy at all. Everyone else has great cartoonish facial expressions, but she seems lifeless like a DoA girl. Or worse, a character model from MKvsDC.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 20 Dec 10:52]

hikarutilmitt
484th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Capcom posts new SFIV artworks" , posted Sat 20 Dec 12:00post reply

quote:
Edit : I am pleasantly surprised by Rose, but I don't like Cammy at all. Everyone else has great cartoonish facial expressions, but she seems lifeless like a DoA girl. Or worse, a character model from MKvsDC.

Well, DoA characters are like dolls, and Cammy...

Iron D
3113th Post

"Re(7):Capcom posts new SFIV artworks" , posted Sat 20 Dec 15:57post reply

quote:

Well, DoA characters are like dolls, and Cammy...

That new throw of Fei's looks sick. Cammy's Ultra is nice, but it looks too much like Sakura's.

Er.....

Time Mage
2744th Post

"Re(8):Capcom posts new SFIV artworks" , posted Sat 20 Dec 19:34post reply

quote:
That new throw of Fei's looks sick. Cammy's Ultra is nice, but it looks too much like Sakura's.

In fact, I think there are too many Ultras that involve tossing the opponent way up in the air and then either a) juggle them with a raising as they fall (Sagat, Viper, Fei Long, Chun Li...) or b) jump after them and grab/slam them back onto the ground (Abel, Sakura, Cammy, Bison, Zangief, El Fuerte...)

They still look very cool, but I wouldn't mind a bit more variety.

Count Hihihi
161th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):Capcom posts new SFIV artworks" , posted Sat 20 Dec 20:36post reply

quote:

In fact, I think there are too many Ultras that involve tossing the opponent way up in the air and then either a) juggle them with a raising as they fall (Sagat, Viper, Fei Long, Chun Li...) or b) jump after them and grab/slam them back onto the ground (Abel, Sakura, Cammy, Bison, Zangief, El Fuerte...)

Variety in SFIV. What a BADASS wish.

Time Mage
2745th Post

"Re(10):Capcom posts new SFIV artworks" , posted Sat 20 Dec 21:35post reply

quote:
Variety in SFIV. What a BADASS wish.

You are boring.

Megane
443th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):Capcom posts new SFIV artworks" , posted Tue 23 Dec 12:04post reply

quote:

Now that you point it out, yeah, you're right. Although, you can maybe differentiate the ones whose juggle/jump slam finish is the meat of the Ultra (Viper, Fuerte) from those who use it as an "exclamation point" of the Ultra (the others, excepting maybe Zangief because he's one of the first users of this).

I don't recall all the Ultras, but is there a variant of:

Combo-combo-combo >> stun the opponent (grounded) >> KAPOW
Combo-combo-combo >> Kapow >> KAPOW >> KAAAAPOOOWW

At the top of my head, besides the Launch >> Attack and Launch >> Slam, I can't think of any other finishing touches that would fit an Ultra.

Just a Person
1283th Post

"New characters videos" , posted Tue 6 Jan 08:00post reply

Dan vs. Dan

Cammy vs. Fei-Long

Gen vs. Rose

Spoon
1709th Post

"Re(1):New characters videos" , posted Tue 6 Jan 10:26post reply

quote:
Dan vs. Dan

Cammy vs. Fei-Long

Gen vs. Rose

Dan's animation has got lots of personality. I like it. However that voice of his is just plain annoying. It sounds too nasal.

Rose is speaking in English, but what she said in the intro gets subtitled? Maybe it's just an option switch. Looks like Gen has both stances, rather than just an amalgamated movelist. Good to see.

While I know that being over the top and everything is part of a fighting game, it just sounds weird to hear somebody say in English, "I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST" as they get KO'd.

Iron D
3128th Post

"Re(2):New characters videos" , posted Tue 6 Jan 11:14:post reply

quote:
Dan vs. Dan

Cammy vs. Fei-Long

Gen vs. Rose

Dan's animation has got lots of personality. I like it. However that voice of his is just plain annoying. It sounds too nasal.

Rose is speaking in English, but what she said in the intro gets subtitled? Maybe it's just an option switch. Looks like Gen has both stances, rather than just an amalgamated movelist. Good to see.

While I know that being over the top and everything is part of a fighting game, it just sounds weird to hear somebody say in English, "I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST" as they get KO'd.

Yeah, I'm really hoping that there is an option to have the voices be in Japanese. I'm not digging the English voices at all. They're not even Engrish!

It's actually looking like Dan could be competitive for once in his life. It looked liked his uppercut actually has some invincibility on it, and his Ultra (which is very cinematically impressive) comes out quick and moves forward pretty quickly. And as already mnentioned, his animation does have a lot of personality. Friggin' sweet.

Edit: WTF is up with the Gen/Rose vid? It runs super slow on my computer and makes the com usage go up to 100%, even if I save it to my hard drive.

Er.....

[this message was edited by Iron D on Tue 6 Jan 12:11]

Ishmael
3366th Post

"Re(3):New characters videos" , posted Wed 7 Jan 01:18post reply

Judging from that video it looks as if Gen still has his duel stances. While that is good news I would have liked to see a bit more of how he plays. Then again, I shouldn't be too greedy since I'll have a chance to try him out for myself before too much longer.

The in-match banter in fighting games is usually inane but hearing it in English really drives that point home. The news about audio options can't come fast enough. In their latest preview of the game IGN doesn't mention anything about the voice tracks but does note the option to change the color of Sakura's shorts. IGN gives you the news you can use.

Tai-Pan
341th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):New characters videos" , posted Wed 7 Jan 01:47post reply

quote:
Dan vs. Dan

Cammy vs. Fei-Long

Gen vs. Rose

I just can’t tolerate that american strip-club announcer. It feels like 2001 again.

Iggy
8801th Post

"Re(2):New characters videos" , posted Wed 7 Jan 02:30post reply

quote:
I just can’t tolerate that american strip-club announcer. It feels like 2001 again.

And it's a bad thing for a fighting game ?

karasu99
34th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):New characters videos" , posted Wed 7 Jan 02:53post reply

quote:

The announcer is one of the things I remember most strongly about just about every fighting game I can even think of. I think the SFIV announcer is the best I've heard in a long time!

Tai-Pan
342th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):New characters videos" , posted Wed 7 Jan 03:04post reply

quote:

It is not a bad thing per se. But I think this is too over the top, I would prefer a more subtle approach. I can’t think of any other fighting game with a strip-club announcer other than CVS2.

Gojira
2501th Post

"New 5-minute trailer" , posted Wed 7 Jan 10:44:post reply

All characters shown, most ultras, some cutscenes, anime, etc.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5773286

shipoopi

[this message was edited by Gojira on Wed 7 Jan 10:45]

Iggy
8802th Post

"Re(1):New 5-minute trailer" , posted Wed 7 Jan 11:09post reply

quote:

No Street Fighter character should talk that much.
Especially Ryû, and Chunli. And Gôki. Blanka shouldn't talk at all, and Zangief decide once and for all what language he speaks.
Well, basically, everyone except Vegamoto, should shut the hell up.

Also, anime sucks.

Maou
1562th Post

"Re(2):New 5-minute trailer" , posted Wed 7 Jan 14:04:post reply

quote:

No Street Fighter character should talk that much.
Especially Ryû, and Chunli. And Gôki. Blanka shouldn't talk at all, and Zangief decide once and for all what language he speaks.
Well, basically, everyone except Vegamoto, should shut the hell up.

Also, anime sucks.

Yuuuuuck Blanka just talked. And claw Balrog's voice is not nearly as tohohoh GORGEOUS as it could have been given the preditability of the rest of the acting.

At least Guile says "Ret's go" as he damn well ought to. And as you say, Vicious Wakamoto is the one light of hope and justice.

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 7 Jan 14:07]

Gojira
2502th Post

"Arcadia loev SF4" , posted Wed 7 Jan 17:26:post reply

NIGHTMAER BOOSTA

Konami still won best developer though

shipoopi

[this message was edited by Gojira on Wed 7 Jan 17:28]

Nekros
154th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):New characters videos" , posted Wed 7 Jan 18:40post reply

quote:

The in-match banter in fighting games is usually inane but hearing it in English really drives that point home. The news about audio options can't come fast enough.

Beating the arcade mode once unlocks the Japanese voices. Also, you can swap Eng and Jap dub TO ONE SINGLE CHARACTER instead having an entire audio track for the whole game.
The English voices are terrible and sound out of place, really. Rose's one make my hears bleed.

NARUTO
3689th Post

"Re(5):New characters videos" , posted Wed 7 Jan 21:02post reply

[What the hell did they did to Rose... She looks ugly as hell, and her super look retarded...

Capcom should burn for calling this crap SF4...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Ishmael
3367th Post

"Re(5):New characters videos" , posted Wed 7 Jan 23:50post reply

Good to see that Gen does have a second Ultra. It looks like that old goat didn't lose much of anything in his move to SF4.

quote:
Beating the arcade mode once unlocks the Japanese voices. Also, you can swap Eng and Jap dub TO ONE SINGLE CHARACTER instead having an entire audio track for the whole game.

Thanks for pointing that out, that's a neat option. I don't know if I will actually use that bit of customization but it is nice to have that ability in there. Okay, if Cammy ever squawks out "Kitty go!" her voice is getting swapped out but any English that makes it into my version of the game is going to strictly be on a case by case basis.

EddyT
777th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):New characters videos" , posted Fri 9 Jan 07:09post reply

quote:

It is if there's no actual strippers in the game.

y2k
19th Post

New Customer

"new ink trailer" , posted Fri 9 Jan 07:24post reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2wGHRQyMKM

shows gouken and akuma fighting on a volcano or something. looks rad.

Ishmael
3371th Post

"Re(1):new ink trailer" , posted Sat 10 Jan 02:47:post reply

A Sakura video, some tournament info, and more images have been posted over on the SF4 page. I can't remember if the shot has been posted elsewhere before now or not, but I'm very partial to the picture of the restaurant patrons crumpled on the ground at the sight of Gen's Ultra animation.

EDIT:
Gamespot and Seth Killian present videos of new characters and other features.

[this message was edited by Ishmael on Sat 10 Jan 05:41]

Just a Person
1289th Post

"Video with all characters in alt. outfits" , posted Thu 29 Jan 19:46post reply

The video was posted at IGN.

I understand Cammy is used to fighting in leotards, but poor Sakura... couldn't Capcom give her some pants, or at least the skirt from her original outfit??

Most of the alternate outfits look good, though.

Maou
1579th Post

"Re(1):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Fri 30 Jan 09:15post reply

quote:
The video was posted at IGN.

I understand Cammy is used to fighting in leotards, but poor Sakura... couldn't Capcom give her some pants, or at least the skirt from her original outfit??

Most of the alternate outfits look good, though.

My dear Sakura will get pants over my dead body! It's all about the chef's outfit, though. And Chun Li.

karasu99
58th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Fri 30 Jan 09:33post reply

quote:
It's all about the chef's outfit, though. And Chun Li.

I always always ALWAYS end up disappointed over alternate constumes. It used to be, just after SF2CE came out and effectively introduced the 2P costume, that I would dream of the day when Capcom would be able to produce a true 2P outfit-- not just a color swap. But these days when it's expected, I think about 20% at best are actually any good in most games-- KOF:MI is what I'm explicitly thinking of, although Virtua Fighter's are almost all tasteful and well done.

That said, SFIV in general looks pretty good, but they still had to throw in novelty outfits, didn't they? There just had to be Blanka in his jungle explorer outfit and the new guy in his chef hat. Sheesh. Some I really like, like Chun Li and Zangief.

nobinobita
472th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Fri 30 Jan 10:21post reply

It's strange seeing such iconic characters in alternate costumes. Some of them are amusing though.

Spoon
1722th Post

"Re(3):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Fri 30 Jan 10:22post reply

quote:
although Virtua Fighter's are almost all tasteful and well done.

quote:

That said, SFIV in general looks pretty good, but they still had to throw in novelty outfits,

We've got Goh sporting a wind-up toy key on his back while wearing a clown mask and Lion with big praying mantis mitts, and there's plenty more. I think VF5 has just as ridiculous costumes and customizations.

The goofy opening animations in VF5 are quite fun though, what with Jacky pretending to be Michael Jackson or doing Jotaro's finger-pointing pose, Goh making like Dio with WRYYYYYY, Wolf buckling over from getting hit in the nuts....

But I'm still not sure if there's anything I like quite as much as Law finally donning a Kenshiro-like outfit in T6.

nobinobita
473th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Fri 30 Jan 11:12post reply

quote:

But I'm still not sure if there's anything I like quite as much as Law finally donning a Kenshiro-like outfit in T6.

That sounds great! You have any pix?

I love the idea of Law bridging the small gap between Bruce Lee and Kenshiro.

crazymike
1488th Post

"Re(5):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Fri 30 Jan 13:03post reply

Personally I mark out to Guile in the Charlie/Nash outfit.

Pollyanna
2636th Post

"Re(4):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Fri 30 Jan 13:13post reply

quote:

We've got Goh sporting a wind-up toy key on his back while wearing a clown mask and Lion with big praying mantis mitts, and there's plenty more. I think VF5 has just as ridiculous costumes and customizations.

You're right about the customizations, but I believe he was talking about the 2P costumes, which are mostly pretty "normal". I think the 2P costumes in Tekken are pretty decent as well...only appropriately silly.

I'm kinda sad about the boring and ridiculous approach they took in SF4. Since they didn't redesign any of the characters, I thought alternate costumes would be a good outlet for that. I mean, I understand why they wouldn't change the original "iconic" designs, but having your cake and eating it too is always nice.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Toxico
4651th Post

"Re(5):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Fri 30 Jan 13:47post reply

quote:

That sounds great! You have any pix?

I love the idea of Law bridging the small gap between Bruce Lee and Kenshiro.

If you are seeing this then you are already dead.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 28/01/09 (96 personajes)

Ishmael
3390th Post

"Re(3):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Fri 30 Jan 22:30post reply

Sakura is out there engaged in full contact martial arts in spite of having a blown ACL? That girl is tough.

quote:

I always always ALWAYS end up disappointed over alternate constumes. It used to be, just after SF2CE came out and effectively introduced the 2P costume, that I would dream of the day when Capcom would be able to produce a true 2P outfit-- not just a color swap. But these days when it's expected, I think about 20% at best are actually any good in most games-- KOF:MI is what I'm explicitly thinking of, although Virtua Fighter's are almost all tasteful and well done.

The VF costume that had Wolf running around with WOLF stenciled on his ass always made me groan although, oddly enough, it seemed to fit with the rest of the game.

karasu99
60th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Sat 31 Jan 02:10post reply

quote:
I believe he was talking about the 2P costumes, which are mostly pretty "normal". I think the 2P costumes in Tekken are pretty decent as well...only appropriately silly.

Exactly. I sort of view the other 'dress up' stuff as an answer to online match differentiation. VF and Tekken (and even Soul Calibur) have both had a great history of cool 2P costumes-- to the point where they are essentially interchangeable with the 1P outfits.

I think the reason they seem a little bit 'wrong' in SFIV is that the SF characters' outfits are SO iconic that it would be hard to have them look otherwise. Think of your first reaction to Chun Li in her Zero outfit. But still, nothing will keep me from cringing at Blanka's 'b'wana'' outfit. I mean really. He deserves so much better than that!

nobinobita
474th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Sat 31 Jan 09:50post reply

quote:

If you are seeing this then you are already dead.

Sweet! Thanks for the link!

Gojira
2504th Post

"Re(6):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Sat 31 Jan 09:57:post reply

quote:

Exactly. I sort of view the other 'dress up' stuff as an answer to online match differentiation. VF and Tekken (and even Soul Calibur) have both had a great history of cool 2P costumes-- to the point where they are essentially interchangeable with the 1P outfits.

"Cool" isn't quite the word I'd use for most of the 2P outfits in VF3. They were certainly different from the 1P outfits though. Well, except Aoi. Honestly I think putting Blanka in a safari outfit is no worse than Big Chief Wolfums.

shipoopi

[this message was edited by Gojira on Sat 31 Jan 10:00]

hikarutilmitt
488th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Sat 31 Jan 12:25post reply

quote:
Sakura is out there engaged in full contact martial arts in spite of having a blown ACL? That girl is tough.

I'm guessing I should say I'm a bit disappointed we aren't getting her gym teacher outfit since it would actually make more sense considering the timeline, but I guess putting her in her gym uniform but wearing Ryu's gi and wrapping her leg (this was a serious WTF) is good enough.

Count Hihihi
168th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Sun 1 Feb 05:50post reply

Blanka's alternative should be BADASS like this

Kotaku Ono and the Fanboy spirit.

Pollyanna
2640th Post

"Re(5):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Sun 1 Feb 09:15post reply

quote:
timeline

You must be thinking of a different game.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Maese Spt
474th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Sun 1 Feb 18:37:post reply

I've probably said this before, but Zangief's secondary outfit makes me happy and sad at the same time. Damn you, Capcom, damn you! Bring back Haggar to us!

Never forget.

[this message was edited by Maese Spt on Sun 1 Feb 18:39]

Just a Person
1291th Post

"Re(6):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Mon 2 Feb 03:17post reply

quote:
Blanka's alternative should be BADASS like this

Shouldn't this be RUFUS's alternate outfit? Now THAT would be BADASS...

Ishmael
3391th Post

"Re(6):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Mon 2 Feb 05:53post reply

quote:
timeline

You must be thinking of a different game.

I think he's thinking of KoF, where Kyo and Athena are knocking on 30 and Yuri has been claiming to be 29 years old for who knows how long now.

Maou
1582th Post

"Re(7):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Mon 2 Feb 06:56post reply

quote:
I've probably said this before, but Zangief's secondary outfit makes me happy and sad at the same time. Damn you, Capcom, damn you! Bring back Haggar to us!

Never forget.

Haggar for Mayor '09!

Gojira
2504th Post

"Re(8):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Tue 3 Feb 01:03post reply

Give your halfassed computer a beating with some amazing video quality at Ruliweb

shipoopi

Ktallguy
1081th Post

"Re(9):Video with all characters in alt. outfi" , posted Tue 3 Feb 13:39post reply

quote:
Give your halfassed computer a beating with some amazing video quality at Ruliweb

These videos are amazing (the HD ones).
Practically like you're at the arcade.

Play to win.

Gojira
2508th Post

"Epic" , posted Sun 15 Feb 04:53:post reply

Don't like the faces in SF4? THIS IS FOR YOU!

http://www.streetfighter.com/myfistyourface/

shipoopi

[this message was edited by Gojira on Sun 15 Feb 04:58]

karasu99
71th Post

Occasional Customer

"Out" , posted Thu 19 Feb 02:27post reply

So has anyone actually picked this up for home yet?

I'm curious to hear how it's turned out.

Ishmael
3404th Post

"Re(1):Out" , posted Thu 19 Feb 05:26post reply

quote:
So has anyone actually picked this up for home yet?

I'm curious to hear how it's turned out.

Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a copy tonight. In keeping with the old-school vibe of SF4 I've been enjoying the quaint anxiousness I feel as I try to rush through my chores for the day so I can play a videogame.

karasu99
72th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Out" , posted Thu 19 Feb 06:36post reply

quote:
In keeping with the old-school vibe of SF4 I've been enjoying the quaint anxiousness I feel as I try to rush through my chores for the day so I can play a videogame.

Funny, despite my general slight ambivalence toward SFIV since its announcement, I've had the same sort of feelings of late, hence my post. I guess I must be Capcom's exact target audience. Either that, or they're activating all the sleepers they created when SFII was released, all those years ago. Kill! KILL!

In all seriousness though, I've been reflecting lately over the degree to which knowledge of SFII has infiltrated my psyche. I can recall literally all of the special moves and their names, and I can recall many if not all of the standard attacks, something I can't really claim for just about any other fighting game. Part of that must have to do with how relatively static the SFII characters remained during the series, and even into SFIII and the vs series. KOF, for instance, changed so regularly over the years that I have trouble recalling any of these details with great clarity-- past '95 or so, at least. Granted, we're talking dozens of characters instead of 12, but still, I think it's significant, given how much more I prefer KOF in general these days.

Also, when SFII came out, I was a university student well on my way to flunking out because I used my brain cells to remember, say, SFII special move names instead of my coursework. These days, what with the boss and the paying job and all, I don't have as much time to concentrate on such esoteric matters.

So in short, I'll be going to get this as soon as I can.

Nate
968th Post

"Re(3):Out" , posted Thu 19 Feb 07:56post reply

I have to say, I wasn't particularly interested in this game from the get-go, but now that I have had a chance to play it, I'm fairly impressed.

Most of the new things that have been added (focus attacks, etc) are actually worth using. I wish they would've gotten a little more experimental with the cast, but I'm pleased with how things have turned out. Pretty solid game.

Dan is REALLY bad. I had to continue over 20 times playing through arcade mode, mostly against Sagat.

Shoryuken-type attacks are pretty much invincible, especially on wake-up, which kind of sucks if you don't have one and your opponent does. Makes it hard to get in if you're not using the right character but I'm sure there's a way around them.

New characters: Abel's pretty awesome, C.Viper could have been executed better but isn't godawful, Rufus is awful and unappealing to look at but probably not bad to play.

Do personal actions have any effect on gameplay like in SF3?

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Maou
1594th Post

"Re(4):Out" , posted Thu 19 Feb 09:29post reply

quote:
Dan is REALLY bad. I had to continue over 20 times playing through arcade mode, mostly against Sagat.
PHEW. The day Dan is made "good" or "cool" is the day I quit Street Fighter. But until then...can't wait to play it.

Nate
969th Post

"Re(5):Out" , posted Thu 19 Feb 18:01post reply

Also: El Fuerte = Guy-ish = never using him because i have no patience for weird dash attacks. Your mileage may vary.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Ishmael
3407th Post

"Re(6):Out" , posted Fri 20 Feb 01:59post reply

A few quick, minor points I've come across while playing SF4:

The additional win poses, taunts and pre-fight rivalry scenes are all greatly appreciated. It also seems like there may be new voice acting in there as well since the characters seem to have a lot more to say when they fight their rivals. I can't totally make out what they are saying since I flipped all the voices over to Japanese but I still like the extended battle banter.

Speaking of voices, I thought it was a cute touch that when you switch all the language options over to Japanese the lyrics on the song that plays on the menu select screen goes over to Japanese as well.

So far the most distracting thing in the game is the huge amount of activity in the background. The backdrops might not be the most highly rendered things in the world but everything is either getting affected by splash damage from the fight or is off doing weird things for no good reason. For example, at one point in the Africa stage Balrog/Bison randomly popped out of an aircraft door. He didn't do anything and I didn't even fight him during that run through the arcade mode, instead he was hanging out in a cargo jet just to help decorate the background. I'm not doing as well as I should during fights because I always have one eye on the background for odd sights like that.

So while SF4 may not re-invent the wheel it is a solid and fun game that reminds me of what it was that made me like SF in the first place. Hopefully I don't get so wrapped up in playing it that by the end of the weekend I've degenerated to the point that I spend all day in front of the television dressed in my bathrobe and the Ryu headband I received for preordering the game but it wouldn't be the first time that sort of thing has happened.

karasu99
73th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Out" , posted Fri 20 Feb 02:37post reply

quote:
I can't totally make out what they are saying since I flipped all the voices over to Japanese but I still like the extended battle banter.

You're probably not missing much with the English voices. I'm probably just being elitist, but somehow even if the Japanese VA is corny and dumb, it always seems slightly classier than the equivalent in English. Somehow I couldn't stomach Ryu spouting a bunch of nonsense like "YOU'RE GOIN DOWN" or whatever. Granted, 2009 voice actors never seem as bad as their counterparts from 15 years ago, I still always feel like they all have day jobs.

Pollyanna
2644th Post

"Re(8):Out" , posted Fri 20 Feb 04:09post reply

Whoa boy, I am really bad at this game. I blame it on KOF. I've played so much KOF that I've completely forgotten how to play Street Fighter. Actually, now I'm thinking I never knew how to play Street Fighter in the first place.

I was trying to work on dashing after a focus attack, and I got to where I could do it consistently, but hitting afterward isn't working out so well. I swear I'm doing the same damn thing every time, but it only hits 1 out of 10. It reminds me of my frustrations trying to juggle off of Necro's throw in 3rd Strike.

quote:

You're probably not missing much with the English voices. I'm probably just being elitist, but somehow even if the Japanese VA is corny and dumb, it always seems slightly classier than the equivalent in English. Somehow I couldn't stomach Ryu spouting a bunch of nonsense like "YOU'RE GOIN DOWN" or whatever. Granted, 2009 voice actors never seem as bad as their counterparts from 15 years ago, I still always feel like they all have day jobs.

At first, I thought the idea of dubbing Street Fighter in English was bound to end in catastrophe, but all things considered, the dub is pretty decent. I'd say about half the cast is just as good (or bad), either way. That's a lot better than I expected.

But I can't imagine playing Street Fighter with completely different voices all of a sudden. That's just weird. Also, the title screen song is 10% more tolerable in Japanese, which is enough to move it from "intolerable" to "just barely tolerable".

Cammy's voice sure does get on my nerves, though.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Spoon
1730th Post

"Re(9):Out" , posted Fri 20 Feb 06:52post reply

quote:
Whoa boy, I am really bad at this game. I blame it on KOF. I've played so much KOF that I've completely forgotten how to play Street Fighter. Actually, now I'm thinking I never knew how to play Street Fighter in the first place.

I was trying to work on dashing after a focus attack, and I got to where I could do it consistently, but hitting afterward isn't working out so well. I swear I'm doing the same damn thing every time, but it only hits 1 out of 10. It reminds me of my frustrations trying to juggle off of Necro's throw in 3rd Strike.

My advice is to forget dashing after the saving attack for the time being. Start by doing fully charged saving attacks in training mode at point blank range, and then just doing a special/EX/super to combo afterwards. Make sure that you can at least do that, first.

A strange experience I recently had with Necro is that I hadn't played 3S for months, and then when I went to play with some friends again, I found that I could actually do Necro's repeated db+Fierce corner juggle with consistency I never had back when I actually did try to practice that.

So if it's still not working, stop practicing and play something else, and come back to it later.

dr baghead
3784th Post

"Re(4):Out" , posted Fri 20 Feb 08:16:post reply

quote:

There's apparently a glitch that causes the difficulty to change if you use a continue.

I lost to Seth like 8,000 times using Guile (a character it seems designed to have his ass kicked by Seth what teleporting negating charge moves as his slow speed making him all to easy to catch in that belly-vortex move) I gave up and restarted arcade mode and played through without continue, beat him with no problem.

So if you were playing as Dan on Easiest and continued at any point, there's your problem. If you were playing on harder setting, maybe you're not using Dan right, Dan's awesome!

My thoughts on random aspects of the game:
I *REALLY* like the per character voice changing. I like how the non-asian characters in English have really bad fake accents and I like how Sakura in English sounds A LOT like the dub voice for Tomo in Azumanga and that does a lot to improve my opinion on Sakura as a character (equate any character to Tomo and I'll like them better, equate them with Tomo screaming "HADOKEN!" and "That's a wrap!!" and I'll finally like ALL of Dan's team equally!)It's nice to be able to have those voices without having to hear Ryu's weird English voice or Akuma/Sagat/Bison sounding like Saturday morning cartoon villians...

I wish Boxer Balrog/Bison had a high pitched Mike Tyson voice though, not his deep cartoon villian voice to keep with the parody though. (that and a move were he eats someone's ear!)

I like pointless references to the offical cannon that have no impact on the real story:

Having Ken call Guile his brother-in-law and showing Dhalsim's son reading a letter from Guile's daughter, his pen pal, are two things I thought would remain 'random facts you either know or don't care about', I never thought they'd be IN the games

End of Spoiler

a Dudley reference?:

Seth says upon defeating Boxer Balrog "I already absorbed boxing skills more refined then your's" the 'refined' to me seems to be imply Dudley, since he's so classy.

End of Spoiler

Story question time!:

So is Seth is part of the same project that created Necro (both have stretching) and 12 (he's "15" and blue and copies moves)? Is he a 'proto-Gil' (he stands like him)? Or is he just a Bison clone body and those things are just there because he's really kinda generic?

End of Spoiler

my silly little drawin's

[this message was edited by dr baghead on Fri 20 Feb 08:19]

shin ramberk
355th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):Out" , posted Fri 20 Feb 08:42post reply

Dr. Baghead, I think that Ono is making connections and hinting at things from SF3. It could be just fan service or something more, who knows, but the game is clearly using SF canon in a serious fashion.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

Pollyanna
2645th Post

"Re(6):Out" , posted Fri 20 Feb 10:05post reply

Tohoho...what a fool I was. The window for the dash cancel is actually extremely big. I was so wrapped up in getting the timing right that I was blowing my attack afterward. Well, I still can't do half of the challenge combos, but I've got dash canceling down at least.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Juan
4499th Post

"Re(5):Out" , posted Fri 20 Feb 12:14post reply

quote:
Dan is REALLY bad. I had to continue over 20 times playing through arcade mode, mostly against Sagat. PHEW. The day Dan is made "good" or "cool" is the day I quit Street Fighter. But until then...can't wait to play it.

Dan is a pretty solid character in most of his appearances.The exception being the vs series where he didnt get full screen kamehamehas like the rest of the cast.

But it is good that people think he sucks. I always get enjoyment from others cursing like sailors because they were getting beaten up by something loud and pink.

yahoo

Evenor
680th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(6):Out" , posted Fri 20 Feb 13:13post reply

Why did they make Rose so ugly? It's frustrating since her alpha sprite is so nice to watch.

The only thing I have trouble with is how fast some normals are in this game (if that makes sense). But I am glad how it somehow phoenix-ed out of its American ashes and causing people to go crazy again. It will be easier for me to try to push and peddle other 2D fighting onto the newcomers. I am desperate; I literally pretend to lose just so I can be invited back.

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Iron D
3175th Post

"Re(6):Out" , posted Fri 20 Feb 13:38post reply

quote:

But it is good that people think he sucks. I always get enjoyment from others cursing like sailors because they were getting beaten up by something loud and pink.

Jigglypuff?

Er.....

Professor
2529th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(7):Out" , posted Fri 20 Feb 21:58post reply

quote:

Jigglypuff?

I don't care what the critics say, violence is a beauuuutiful thing!

Oroch
1053th Post

"Re(6):Out" , posted Sat 21 Feb 04:51post reply

quote:
Dan is REALLY bad. I had to continue over 20 times playing through arcade mode, mostly against Sagat. PHEW. The day Dan is made "good" or "cool" is the day I quit Street Fighter. But until then...can't wait to play it.

Dan is a pretty solid character in most of his appearances.The exception being the vs series where he didnt get full screen kamehamehas like the rest of the cast.

yahoo

dan does suck, but hes the closest i'll get to having robert/ryo on a ps3 :(

Maou
1598th Post

"controller woes" , posted Sun 22 Feb 08:08:post reply

My PS3- and 360-owning rival/teacher and I have been eager to play this game, but we realized last night that the ruinous state of controllers in this generation of home consoles, of all things, is making this game unaffordable. Like, Steel Battalion-level unaffordable. The PS3 controller, of course, isn't half as good as PS2 or PS, what with its awful, over-strong R2 and shoddy Triangle, and I can't hook in my PS2 Saturn pads for the first time on a Sony console. Microsoft, naturally, continues to astound with the worst D-pads ever made, so it seems that SF 4 will literally double in price for us, assuming we wish to have "usable" controllers with "actual D-pads." Kind of a sad state of affairs.

[this message was edited by Maou on Sun 22 Feb 08:14]

sfried
334th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):controller woes" , posted Sun 22 Feb 13:37post reply

quote:
My PS3- and 360-owning rival/teacher and I have been eager to play this game, but we realized last night that the ruinous state of controllers in this generation of home consoles, of all things, is making this game unaffordable. Like, Steel Battalion-level unaffordable. The PS3 controller, of course, isn't half as good as PS2 or PS, what with its awful, over-strong R2 and shoddy Triangle, and I can't hook in my PS2 Saturn pads for the first time on a Sony console. Microsoft, naturally, continues to astound with the worst D-pads ever made, so it seems that SF 4 will literally double in price for us, assuming we wish to have "usable" controllers with "actual D-pads." Kind of a sad state of affairs.

There's always Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, but I know it's nothing compared to SF4 in terms of balance...

That said, I do feel the same way that I feel too poor to own Street Fighter 4. (No next-gen console yet, I'm afraid.)

Tai-Pan
348th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):controller woes" , posted Mon 23 Feb 03:39post reply

I've been playing both the 360 and PS3 version. Both controllers suck but I rather use the sixaxis.
By the way, Zangief is so strong in this game is not even funny.

Oroch
1055th Post

"Re(3):controller woes" , posted Mon 23 Feb 03:44:post reply

quote:
I've been playing both the 360 and PS3 version. Both controllers suck but I rather use the sixaxis.
By the way, Zangief is so strong in this game is not even funny.

By Zangief you mean Sagat right?

ive gotta get a hori stick or the sfiv one, but shit 150$??

[this message was edited by Oroch on Mon 23 Feb 03:46]

Ishmael
3410th Post

"Re(1):controller woes" , posted Mon 23 Feb 05:43post reply

quote:

Would a Saturn PC pad or some similiar controller with a USB port work until you find a controller more to your liking? Then again, I haven't tried to hook up a PC controller to the current generation of consoles so I don't even know if such a thing is possible.

Pollyanna
2646th Post

"Re(1):controller woes" , posted Mon 23 Feb 06:09post reply

Are you guys having fun playing lots and lots of Kens online? They sure do like to use that fierce shoruken, don't they? Fierce shoryuken at the start of the match, fierce shoryuken in ANY anti-air situation, fierce shoryuken on wakeup...shinyuken on wakeup when I'm halfway across the screen...

quote:
The PS3 controller, of course, isn't half as good as PS2 or PS, what with its awful, over-strong R2 and shoddy Triangle, and I can't hook in my PS2 Saturn pads for the first time on a Sony console.

Now now, the PS3 controller is at worse, 20% inferior, although I can't fathom why they decided to make the R2 and L2 like that. I believe there are PS2 adapters for the PS3, though. You might want to look into that.

I don't have a problem with the pad, but I do have a problem with the insane number of double and triple button presses the game requires. I can hit two weaks, and I can hit two middles, but without a joystick-style button setup, I always run the risk of missing the 2 or 3 punches/kicks. With L1 and L2, I have enough buttons, but it's difficult for me to do a double QCF and hit them on the fly.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Tai-Pan
350th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):controller woes" , posted Mon 23 Feb 06:41post reply

quote:

No, I meant Zangief. And the only way I could beat my friend's Zangief was with Sagat. It means that Z's SPD can connect from almost anywhere.

Ishmael, not every USB controller will work on the PS3 or the 360. You gotta be careful.

And yeah, lots of Kens online dragonpunching all over the place.

Iron D
3178th Post

"Re(5):controller woes" , posted Mon 23 Feb 07:27post reply

quote:

No, I meant Zangief. And the only way I could beat my friend's Zangief was with Sagat. It means that Z's SPD can connect from almost anywhere.

Yep. It's good to hear that Gief is a monster in this game and is actually fairly high ranking for...pretty much the first time ever, but from what I hear once people are familiar with his move properties and how to deal with his pokes life becomes harder for him.

quote:
And yeah, lots of Kens online dragonpunching all over the place.

That sounds scrubbish and easy enough to deal with. If you ask me, Kens who use nothing but Fierce dp are sure signs of scrubbiness...especially since the fierce version is so easily punished.

Er.....

Gojira
2509th Post

"Re(2):controller woes" , posted Mon 23 Feb 07:55:post reply

quote:
Would a Saturn PC pad or some similiar controller with a USB port work until you find a controller more to your liking? Then again, I haven't tried to hook up a PC controller to the current generation of consoles so I don't even know if such a thing is possible.

Unfortunately, you can't hook up a controller to a 360 just because it has USB. Microsoft has their own special encryption that all "official" accessories have to use in order to work on the system. And of course they charge ridiculously for this encryption (AKA the "Nintendo Seal of Approval"), which bumps the price of 3rd-party controllers up by $10.

That WILL work on a PS3 though, since PS3 and PC controllers are mostly interchangable and have no encryption. I have used that same PC Saturn pad to play HD Remix on PS3 and I've used my PS3 arcade stick to play Warzard on my PC.

shipoopi

[this message was edited by Gojira on Mon 23 Feb 07:58]

Ishmael
3416th Post

"Re(3):controller woes" , posted Sat 28 Feb 05:43post reply

Silly gameplay question: Are there any conditions set on the back dash? For instance, can I immediately back dash when standing or quick standing? How about in a corner?

Normally I could find this sort of information fairly easily but SF4 is currently suffering from the odd problem of being a new fighting game that has too much being written about it.

Maou
1602th Post

"Re(4):controller woes" , posted Sat 28 Feb 06:26post reply

quote:
Silly gameplay question: Are there any conditions set on the back dash? For instance, can I immediately back dash when standing or quick standing? How about in a corner?

Normally I could find this sort of information fairly easily but SF4 is currently suffering from the odd problem of being a new fighting game that has too much being written about it.

That reminds me, I know it's still the best place (in English) for fighting games discussion, but remember when pre-blog-format Shoryuken.com actually had full guides or strategy musings for games that didn't require sifting through forums? Luckily they have links to videos showing all female alt. costumes in SF4, so I suppose they can be forgiven, but...

Time Mage
2763th Post

"Re(5):controller woes" , posted Sat 28 Feb 06:49post reply

SRK's wiki entry of SFIV, while incomplete, still has very useful information, including frame data for all characters.

Ishmael
3417th Post

"Re(6):controller woes" , posted Sun 1 Mar 06:50post reply

quote:
SRK's wiki entry of SFIV, while incomplete, still has very useful information, including frame data for all characters.

Ah, thanks. Since the completion percentage was listed as 0% I didn't even think to look in there. As Maou noted, sifting through several pages of forum postings with topics such as "____ is cheap!" in an attempt to find what you are looking for is wearying so I figured I might as well ask since I was tired of looking.

I'm already posting I might as well note a few other SF related things.

The Chun-Li movie is out and receiving the sort of reviews you would expect.

Yet another anime clip for SF4 has been released. This clip shows that several of the characters in SF2 realized that fighting each other in a crooked tournament was a waste of time so instead they pool their resources and take turns beating the holy hell out of Bison. That's a surprisingly sensible resolution for a fighting game. Oh, and the animators also manage to sneak in some full frontal male nudity.

Maou
1604th Post

"Re(7):controller woes" , posted Sun 1 Mar 07:30post reply

quote:
This clip shows that several of the characters in SF2 realized that fighting each other in a crooked tournament was a waste of time so instead they pool their resources and take turns beating the holy hell out of Bison. That's a surprisingly sensible resolution for a fighting game. Oh, and the animators also manage to sneak in some full frontal male nudity.

For all those reasons, thanks for the link! But the biggest reason of all to see it is more VEGAMOTO. Any opportunity to hear Wakamoto as Vega is a blessing from the gods deserving of thanks.

思いやがるんだ!触れさせはせぬ!貴様ら如きにこの身に指一本触れさせはせぬ!

dr baghead
3784th Post

"Re(7):controller woes" , posted Sun 1 Mar 13:15post reply

quote:
The Chun-Li movie is out and receiving the sort of reviews you would expect.

So now we can officially call the Van Damn Street Fighter "the good live action Street Fighter" or do we need to wait for the box office numbers before it's official?

my silly little drawin's

crazymike
1492th Post

"Re(7):controller woes" , posted Sun 1 Mar 17:02post reply

quote:
This clip shows that several of the characters in SF2 realized that fighting each other in a crooked tournament was a waste of time so instead they pool their resources and take turns beating the holy hell out of Bison.

Well I think we hit that point where the canon is no less silly than the animated saturday morning cartoon series that aired in America.

Nekros
163th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):controller woes" , posted Mon 2 Mar 06:01post reply

Are there any moves that are ultra-canceling?
Most of the Ultra are perfect follow-ups of most moves (normal, special or super) but are there any move or super that is successfully canceable into ultra?

Juan
4500th Post

"Re(8):controller woes" , posted Mon 2 Mar 08:21post reply

quote:
So now we can officially call the Van Damn Street Fighter "the good live action Street Fighter" or do we need to wait for the box office numbers before it's official?

I actually enjoyed the Street Fighter movie, but mainly because Raul Julia was driving the entire thing.

Since this new movie has no Raul Julia and no speeches about Bisonopolis, then there is no reason to see it. Had they had Christopher Walken as Bison, then it might just had a chance.

hikarutilmitt
489th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):controller woes" , posted Mon 2 Mar 09:24post reply

quote:
Most of the Ultra are perfect follow-ups of most moves (normal, special or super) but are there any move or super that is successfully canceable into ultra?

The only one I know is expressly cancelable into the ultra is Dan's Legendary Taunt, but I think it has that special property regardless of the move you try to do. Anyone else's ultras need to be comboed into in one way or another.

Maou
1606th Post

"Re(9):controller woes" , posted Mon 2 Mar 11:34post reply

quote:

Raul Julia was driving the entire thing.
Bisonopolis

GENERAL MIKE BISON

What's worse, they don't have enough SF characters in this dumb new movie to justify a new SF movie game with slurred attacks! If I can't ever see Ryuu yelling Dazzimaki Zenbyakoo during combat again, I will be really sad.

dr baghead
3786th Post

"Re(10):controller woes" , posted Tue 3 Mar 07:13:post reply

quote:
What's worse, they don't have enough SF characters in this dumb new movie to justify a new SF movie game with slurred attacks!

Sure there is:
-white Chun-Li
-goatee Bison
-Stupid mask Vega
-awful actor Charlie
-Far too young and for some reason throwing fireballs Gen
-Only well cast actor Balrog
-Whoever the hell "Catana"/"Moon Bloodgood" are (are they too different people? the same person? who cares, I can't imagine they're any worse then Sawada)

Bosses:
-Akuma (he wasn't in the first SF movie either, yet was in the game)
-Harsh critisism and box office returns (will really show off the rendering power of the new generation systems to have to process THAT much negative feedback at once)
-Jean Claude VanDamn (to remind everyone if you want a good street fighter movie you can go home or you can go with him!)

TA-DA, plenty of characters for a game!

my silly little drawin's

[this message was edited by dr baghead on Tue 3 Mar 09:24]

Maou
1608th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):controller woes" , posted Tue 3 Mar 07:18:post reply

quote:
What's worse, they don't have enough SF characters in this dumb new movie to justify a new SF movie game with slurred attacks!

Sure there is:
-white Chun-Li
-goatee Bison
-Stupid mask Vega
-awful actor Charlie
-Far too young and for some reason throwing fireballs Gen
-Only well cast actor
-Whoever the hell "Catana"/"Moon Bloodgood" are (are they too different people? the same person? who cares, I can't imagine they're any worse then Sawada)

Bosses:
-Akuma (he wasn't in the first SF movie either, yet was in the game)
-Harsh critisism and box office returns (will really show off the rendering power of the new generation systems to have to process THAT much negative feedback at once)
-Jean Claude VanDamn (to remind everyone if you want a good street fighter movie you can go home or you can go with him!)

TA-DA, plenty of characters for a game!

If Jean-Claude is unlockable, I'm there.

Favorite Video Ultra-edit: DAZZIMAKI ZEMBYE AKOOOOO

[this message was edited by Maou on Tue 3 Mar 11:35]

Tai-Pan
351th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(9):Out" , posted Tue 3 Mar 10:51post reply

quote:

Oh ok..Yeah Right...
After half an hour trying to guess how game invitations are sent on the PS3 or how to actually invite someone to play, I played against her and she kicked my ass. I don't know people. I think I got used to play slow SF games...something is going on. Plus the PS3 controller..Jesus..I can't pull moves on that thing!! What were u using Polly?

Just a Person
1293th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):controller woes" , posted Tue 3 Mar 22:10:post reply

quote:

Moon Bloodgood is not a character, but one of the movie's actresses. Her character is Maya Sunee, a Bangkok detective who works with Charlie/Nash.

Cantana is one of M.Bison's secretaries, who is also a fighter. Oh, and she seems to like women, and has a catfight scene against Chun-Li. Her actress also looks more like Chun-Li than Kreuk does.

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Tue 3 Mar 22:18]

karasu99
86th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):controller woes" , posted Wed 4 Mar 02:17post reply

quote:

You forgot HADOOGAH and RAHYOO.

Olivier Hague
128th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):controller woes" , posted Wed 4 Mar 03:44:post reply

quote:
Her character is Maya Sunee, a Bangkok detective who works with Charlie/Nash.

And Crimson Viper's real name happens to be "Maya". Huh.

[this message was edited by Olivier Hague on Wed 4 Mar 04:11]

Ishmael
3421th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):controller woes" , posted Wed 4 Mar 05:04post reply

quote:

There are plenty of moves that can set up an Ultra, such as Sakura's EX Tatsu or how Gen's Zan'ei can be used to combo into either of his Ultras. But as far as moves that can cancel into an Ultra the only one that I can think of is C.Viper's high jump cancel which will allow her to land an Ultra after a number of attacks that normally wouldn't combo together. Then again, I'm terrible at the game so you may want to check with someone who actually knows what they are talking about.

quote:

Now we're talking! Those combos that involve tossing out a ridiculous string of attacks until both characters fly off into space, the never ending cartwheel of throw reversals, all that awkward digitized animation... truly, this is the greatest of the SF games.

dr baghead
3786th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):controller woes" , posted Wed 4 Mar 05:41post reply

quote:
Moon Bloodgood is not a character, but one of the movie's actresses. Her character is Maya Sunee, a Bangkok detective who works with Charlie/Nash.

This is probably the first time I can recall an actor has had a stupider more made up sounding name then their character.

quote:
Cantana is one of M.Bison's secretaries, who is also a fighter. Oh, and she seems to like women

....so she's Vice? (maybe Mature?)

but look that's TWO characters they can put in "Street Fighter: the Legend of Chun-Li: the Movie: the Game"

my silly little drawin's

Just a Person
1294th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):controller woes" , posted Wed 4 Mar 06:02post reply

quote:
And Crimson Viper's real name happens to be "Maya". Huh.

Yes, but then again, the person responsible for the film's script would need to know the game's story to find out that there is a SF character named Maya. Or that Gen doesn't throw fireballs. Or that Chun-Li is supposed to be Asian.

quote:
....so she's Vice? (maybe Mature?)

but look that's TWO characters they can put in "Street Fighter: the Legend of Chun-Li: the Movie: the Game"

I read that the movie got a very low reception at the movies, box office-wise. So I don't think a "Street Fighter: the Legend of Chun-Li: the Movie: the Game" has many chances of happening...

About Cantana, yeah, she's kinda like Vice and Mature. Only less fixed in bloodlust, hotter and sluttier... She'd actually be an interesting idea for a SF character, now that I think about it.

(no, I didn't watch the movie, but her fight against Chun-Li appears in some promotional scenes of the movie)

Olivier Hague
128th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):controller woes" , posted Wed 4 Mar 07:41post reply

quote:
then again, the person responsible for the film's script would need to know the game's story to find out that there is a SF character named Maya.

Well, considering Capcom's involvement, I wouldn't be surprised if they included a few references.
I mean, the movie already has Gen and Rose. Of all people. When was the last time those two came back from the limbos?

'Not saying I care about the latest abortion, but it made me wonder... Where did the idea that Vega created Rose come from, originally?

dr baghead
3787th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):controller woes" , posted Wed 4 Mar 10:23post reply

quote:
Well, considering Capcom's involvement, I wouldn't be surprised if they included a few references.
I mean, the movie already has Gen and Rose. Of all people. When was the last time those two came back from the limbos?

When did Maya become C.Viper's name?

I only found out that was her name yesterday while watching "the tie that binds" and I thought it was a fake name (Hi! I'm pretending to be a reporter to spy on you, let me give you my REAL NAME to do so!)

if she had that name in the game first I bet the movie character is supposed to be her, since she's probably as true to C.Viper as Liu Kang is to Gen.

If she had that name in the movie first... I'm gonna offer the crazy thought that Maya and Catana were planned characters: A Vice like character *would* be fun to play as, and "wields a gold pair of cuffs and rocks a ducate" sounds like some bizarre concept for a Poison like character.... but when they found out how crappy the movie was gonna be they just folded it all into C.Viper!!

my silly little drawin's

Olivier Hague
130th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):controller woes" , posted Sat 7 Mar 06:58:post reply

quote:
When did Maya become C.Viper's name?

I first saw it back in September, on the official site.

[this message was edited by Olivier Hague on Sun 8 Mar 05:30]

sabo10
1427th Post

"怒切り (That's 日" , posted Thu 26 Mar 13:26post reply

Hey guys.

I'm playing online here in Japan next to Gokokuji Temple.

Using Gouken!(五券)

His name is Japanese for "5 tickets"

I got my first ragequit against a Japanese player last night.

ragequitting is very shameful to a japanese, and is against "bushi-do"

so it is pretty rare

Feeling pretty good about that.

Prettttaaaay...

Pretttttttttttaaaay...

Megane
452th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):怒切り (That's ਰ" , posted Wed 1 Apr 12:52post reply

What does the appearance of Ibuki fighting Viper in an SF comic imply?

http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_fighter/go/thread/view/7411/14095315/C_Viper_Vs_Ibuki

Megane
453th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):怒切り (That's ਰ" , posted Wed 1 Apr 12:52post reply

http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_fighter/go/thread/view/7411/14095315/C_Viper_Vs_Ibuki

whitesword
1640th Post

"Re(2):怒切り (That's ਰ" , posted Wed 1 Apr 14:09post reply

quote:

DLC, obviously

Iggy
8869th Post

"Re(3):怒切り (That's ਰ" , posted Wed 1 Apr 16:37post reply

It means they "listen to their fans".
Fans wanted Ibuki ? We didn't add her in the game, but let's give them the next best thing : a comic cameo ! and with Viper, no less.

Just a Person
1295th Post

"Re(4):怒切り (That's ਰ" , posted Wed 1 Apr 22:39post reply

quote:
It means they "listen to their fans".
Fans wanted Ibuki ? We didn't add her in the game, but let's give them the next best thing : a comic cameo ! and with Viper, no less.

Is this comic book even authorized by Capcom, anyway?

It looks interesting, nevertheless.

KTallguy
1089th Post

"Re(5):怒切り (That's ਰ" , posted Tue 21 Apr 22:49post reply

I just bought this game, finally. It's pretty good. But if they put Ibuki in it I will be ... supremely happy.

Play to win.

karasu99
117th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):怒切り (That's ਰ" , posted Wed 22 Apr 02:11post reply

quote:
I just bought this game, finally. It's pretty good. But if they put Ibuki in it I will be ... supremely happy.

Is there that much likelihood that additional characters will be added at this point? I suppose anything is possible, but Capcom seems to have blown their wad early on with extras in the game, what with the extra outfits and all.

At first I was very excited about SFIV, but it had very little staying power for me, sadly, and after a brief period of intense play, I put it down in favor of the same collection of 10 year old 2D fighters I've been playing for years now. Maybe that's my internal 'old fart' talking.

So, I can't say it's a bad game, but I find it unlikely that it will be remembered as fondly as SFII has been as years go by.

Ishmael
3459th Post

"Re(7):怒切り (That's ਰ" , posted Wed 22 Apr 04:47post reply

quote:

Is there that much likelihood that additional characters will be added at this point? I suppose anything is possible, but Capcom seems to have blown their wad early on with extras in the game, what with the extra outfits and all.

Personally I like that Capcom has limited the DLC to peripheral junk like a pair of pants for Zangief instead of something that will change the game, such as the addition of a new character. This means that the roster is fixed until Super Street Fighter 4 or whatever comes out but having more fighting games on the market is hardly the worst sin in the world.

Speaking of SF4, I quite enjoyed watching the videos from the recent US National tournaments. The idea that a fighting game I like is also sort of popular hasn't happened for so long that it's taking a bit of getting used to.

KTallguy
1090th Post

"Re(7):怒切り (That's ਰ" , posted Wed 22 Apr 11:46post reply

quote:

At first I was very excited about SFIV, but it had very little staying power for me, sadly, and after a brief period of intense play, I put it down in favor of the same collection of 10 year old 2D fighters I've been playing for years now. Maybe that's my internal 'old fart' talking.

So, I can't say it's a bad game, but I find it unlikely that it will be remembered as fondly as SFII has been as years go by.

I still am not too bored of it. I actually like the mechanics a lot. It could be better in some ways, but I still enjoy it. I'm not sure quite what it's "missing". I do think all of the new characters are a bit boring though. SF3 had much more iconic characters. Like, why put in Able when Alex is much more interesting, etc.

Play to win.