X-Box Live - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2081 Views )

Red Falcon
6058th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"X-Box Live" , posted Sat 1 Nov 05:08post reply

Beh, because I'm bored, who has X-Box Live? If anyone is curious to add me and try and play something some time... I'm:

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
rugalbgood

End of Spoiler

Best site EVER:Link Here

Replies:

Oroch
1026th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):X-Box Live" , posted Sat 1 Nov 06:00post reply

quote:
Beh, because I'm bored, who has X-Box Live? If anyone is curious to add me and try and play something some time... I'm:

try psn

alpha-class

ONSLAUGHT
3753th Post

"Re(1):X-Box Live" , posted Sat 1 Nov 08:04post reply

quote:

This is actually a good idea, but I never made a thread about this, because I picture the majority of the MMCafe members with an old SNES playing games like Far East of Eden Zero while cursing at the newest generation of consoles...

In any case, I'm Onslaughtxl, but I won't be playing online, since my Gold account ended like 6 months ago.

Red Falcon
6059th Post

"Re(2):X-Box Live" , posted Sat 1 Nov 08:50post reply

quote:

This is actually a good idea, but I never made a thread about this, because I picture the majority of the MMCafe members with an old SNES playing games like Far East of Eden Zero while cursing at the newest generation of consoles...

Well, I do a lot of that, too.

Not TOO much cursing of modern systems, but I genuinely like old stuff better... We'll just say I drive out to a place called "Crab Town" to play Q-Bert on a weekly basis.

Juan
4487th Post

"Re(1):X-Box is hueg" , posted Sat 1 Nov 09:07:post reply

Prepaidpenguin

Whatever game is fine. If anyone is playing that buggy piece of crap Fable I got Hammer dolls to trade. Or some co-op would be good.

We should make sure to bump this thing when SF4 comes out.

MESSATSU

[this message was edited by Juan on Sat 1 Nov 09:16]

Oroch
1027th Post

"Re(3):X-Box Live" , posted Sat 1 Nov 09:33post reply

quote:

Well, I do a lot of that, too.

Not TOO much cursing of modern systems, but I genuinely like old stuff better... We'll just say I drive out to a place called "Crab Town" to play Q-Bert on a weekly basis.

pray tell you don't eat there

Red Falcon
6061th Post

"Re(4):X-Box Live" , posted Sat 1 Nov 10:09:post reply

quote:

pray tell you don't eat there

Hell no.

Edit: To elaborate, Crab Town is only for (legal) gambling and arcade games. The food is purely decorative.

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Sat 1 Nov 11:30]

Iron D
3047th Post

"Re(3):X-Box Live" , posted Sat 1 Nov 13:10post reply

quote:

I find it surprising that you don't own Q-bert for any home systems.

Er.....

Red Falcon
6063th Post

"Re(4):X-Box Live" , posted Sat 1 Nov 13:48:post reply

quote:

I do, but the stick is a very important aspect of Q-Bert. Q-Bert cabs have a four-way which is oriented differently than what is standard (I.E., the actuator switches are on the four diagonals as opposed to the usual up, down, left right) which is preferred for proper Q-Bert play. Home versions never control properly, and they never have the proper nonsense voices (and you can't leave your score up for bragging rights)
Oh yes, Q-Bert is ALSO a dedicated cab (sadly) and I don't really have room for a cab at the moment (I will soon, but I'd rather have a cab I could switch stuff out of than a dedicated cab) so I can't just go and buy a Q-Bert PCB, either. And even then, I'd have to build a stick for it to play it properly.

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Sat 1 Nov 13:51]

crazymike
1479th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):X-Box Live" , posted Sun 2 Nov 03:47post reply

Anyone can add me as

solid12345

Can't promise I am on enough but I am always up for some SF: Hyper Fighting matches

hikarutilmitt
472th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):X-Box Live" , posted Mon 3 Nov 13:19post reply

hikarutilmitt

Same thing on PSN, now. I don't have a current Gold account but with some persuasion I might renew it sooner than later. VF5, SCIV and soon SSF2THD and SFIV will also be getting play.

Iron D
3048th Post

"Re(5):X-Box Live" , posted Mon 3 Nov 19:32post reply

quote:

I do, but the stick is a very important aspect of Q-Bert. Q-Bert cabs have a four-way which is oriented differently than what is standard (I.E., the actuator switches are on the four diagonals as opposed to the usual up, down, left right) which is preferred for proper Q-Bert play. Home versions never control properly, and they never have the proper nonsense voices (and you can't leave your score up for bragging rights)
Oh yes, Q-Bert is ALSO a dedicated cab (sadly) and I don't really have room for a cab at the moment (I will soon, but I'd rather have a cab I could switch stuff out of than a dedicated cab) so I can't just go and buy a Q-Bert PCB, either. And even then, I'd have to build a stick for it to play it properly.

I see. Actually, if I were in the same situation I'd do the exact same thing.

Er.....

badoor
52th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):X-Box Live" , posted Wed 5 Nov 04:58post reply

PSN & Xbox Live GT: BadoorSNK

Lately the internet in my university dorm's can at times be very slow, almost to a dial-up 56K level. I am currently playing Fable II and LittleBigPlanet and really enjoying them. As for online play it's a balanced mix of fighters and shooters, swinging between them depending on their respective "seasons".

Ktallguy
1039th Post

"Re(2):X-Box Live" , posted Wed 5 Nov 07:14post reply

quote:
try psn

alpha-class

PSN: KTallguy

And make sure you say you're from mmcafe :)

Play to win.

ONSLAUGHT
3767th Post

"Re(3):X-Box Live" , posted Sun 23 Nov 18:36post reply

So, what do you think about the new dashboard?
To me is unnecesary, too kiddie and way slower than before.

Nekros
125th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):X-Box Live" , posted Sun 23 Nov 19:14post reply

quote:

It's fine about the menus and graphics (though it didn't need to be redesigned imho) but that mii-like avatars are crappy as hell.
What the xxxx are they thinking? To obtain a family audience like Nintendo with shit like this? I don't stand this kind of things, nowadays console systems seem to be more and more generic and lack a proper identity.

Pollyanna
2591th Post

"Re(4):X-Box Live" , posted Sun 23 Nov 19:20post reply

quote:

"Unnecessary" and "kiddy" I can chalk up to difference in opinion, but I'm surprised that it's not only slower, but "way slower" for you. Slow how and where? Just yesterday I think I found myself saying "wow, everything is so much faster".

My only complaint is the inclusion of so many unnecessary "ad channels" showcasing things I probably don't care about. Sure, they're easy to avoid, but I wish I could choose to take them away all the same. I always thought the price for gold memberships was reasonable, but now I feel like if they're going to put things like that on there, then Live should be free.

I also think they missed a golden opportunity by having so few games that use Avatars available as well as no new-style themes or fashion accessories to buy. I'm sure plenty of people logging onto Live after updating would have been eager to buy something (or do something with their avatar).

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

ONSLAUGHT
3768th Post

"Re(5):X-Box Live" , posted Sun 23 Nov 19:48post reply

quote:

"Unnecessary" and "kiddy" I can chalk up to difference in opinion, but I'm surprised that it's not only slower, but "way slower" for you. Slow how and where? Just yesterday I think I found myself saying "wow, everything is so much faster".

For starters, it doesn't sign in most of the time, so I have to do it manually, it has problems with the messenger, and the most irritating part is, that after the X-Box logo, freezes for like 10 to 15 seconds in the "loading" screen (you know, the little console with dots around)... It looks cluttered with banners/windows, and the damn thing doesn't start at "My X-Box" screen, but in "Spotlight", the friends list is harder to navigate in the sense that you don't go through names, but to avatars (lame). Now to access the videos you need to go through several windows, and so on.
I don't like it, I wish I could go back to the old blades...

Pollyanna
2593th Post

"Re(6):X-Box Live" , posted Sun 23 Nov 20:36post reply

quote:

For starters, it doesn't sign in most of the time, so I have to do it manually, it has problems with the messenger, and the most irritating part is, that after the X-Box logo, freezes for like 10 to 15 seconds in the "loading" screen (you know, the little console with dots around)... It looks cluttered with banners/windows, and the damn thing doesn't start at "My X-Box" screen, but in "Spotlight", the friends list is harder to navigate in the sense that you don't go through names, but to avatars (lame). Now to access the videos you need to go through several windows, and so on.
I don't like it, I wish I could go back to the old blades...

Although I haven't experienced the 10-15 sec "freeze", I can totally see where you're coming from with the other problems. I guess I didn't dig deep enough when I fooled around with it.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

hikarutilmitt
474th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):X-Box Live" , posted Mon 24 Nov 01:21post reply

quote:

My only complaint is the inclusion of so many unnecessary "ad channels" showcasing things I probably don't care about. Sure, they're easy to avoid, but I wish I could choose to take them away all the same. I always thought the price for gold memberships was reasonable, but now I feel like if they're going to put things like that on there, then Live should be free.

I also think they missed a golden opportunity by having so few games that use Avatars available as well as no new-style themes or fashion accessories to buy. I'm sure plenty of people logging onto Live after updating would have been eager to buy something (or do something with their avatar).

That one ad menu in the dashboard can be turned off in the settings or if you scroll way to its right and tell it to hide it.

Overall I like the dashboard now because I don't use certain aspects of Live like the videos and such, so all I need to do now is going into the game menu, load the info section and it'll show me any and all related DLC for it so I don't have to sift through it for games lacking an in-game menu.

HDD installs was the biggest addition, for me, because it means reduced loading for some games (DOA4 loads a SHITLOAD faster than the disc, VF5 is about the same, EDF2017 is a bit faster, etc) even though some are just the menus loading faster. Also, it keeps the DVD from spinning and sounding like a jet taking off.

Juan
4491th Post

"CandyBowl.gif" , posted Mon 24 Nov 12:32post reply

quote:
HDD installs was the biggest addition, for me, because it means reduced loading for some games (DOA4 loads a SHITLOAD faster than the disc, VF5 is about the same, EDF2017 is a bit faster, etc) even though some are just the menus loading faster. Also, it keeps the DVD from spinning and sounding like a jet taking off.

This is also my favorite feature. I don't care for the other changes but they don't particularly bother me.

while we are on this

Install Sizes
cat

Disk to HDD load comparisons.
tuna

Video guide on how to opt out of using the mii characters.
cat

emagius
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):X-Box Live" , posted Wed 26 Nov 03:27post reply

quote:

I rather like how the Guide button brings up a nice shortcut menu (which is cleaner and faster than the old Blades system). And I like how the information on DLC/demo unlocking is right there, cascaded to the right of the selected game in My Games. The list of games on the system also populates faster with XNE.

I'm not overly fond of how the XNE channels are right there in your face (and how the My XBox group isn't the default), but I can live with it. It's more attractive and more enjoyable to explore, too, if you've got time to kill.

BTW, my GamerTag is "emagius". ST HDR tomorrow!

Hungrywolf
3141th Post

"Re(5):X-Box Live" , posted Thu 4 Dec 09:21post reply

Well, I decided to pop in tonight for the first time in a long while.

In any case, I put it in the SSF2THD thread, but my gamertag on the 360 is HungrywolfGarou. Add me.

Hungrywolf
3142th Post

"Re(6):X-Box Live" , posted Thu 4 Dec 12:30post reply

Double post.

Onslaught is beating the crap out of me in SSF2THD

Juan
4496th Post

"RUGAL IS CHEAP" , posted Mon 15 Dec 22:13post reply

GIVE HIM NEGATIVE FEEDBACK THAT WILL TEACH HIM A LESSON

Maou
1544th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):RUGAL IS CHEAP" , posted Tue 16 Dec 10:40post reply

quote:
GIVE HIM NEGATIVE FEEDBACK THAT WILL TEACH HIM A LESSON

Juan: ***** stars, would buy from again

I wish I had an Xbox to face off against you guys, ah well.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Nekros
152th Post

Regular Customer

"live id" , posted Sat 27 Dec 00:28post reply

My girlfriend gave me an Xbox360 as Christmas gift.

ID: Necrobiotical if you care.

emagius
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):X-Box Live" , posted Fri 30 Jan 01:18post reply

I've created an XBox Live group GamerTag for Mid-Atlantic (NYC-DC corridor) players. Technically, it's for Street Fighter (4/HDR), but I suppose it could be used for similar-ish games that MMCafers might also play. It is region-limited to prevent excessive lag. (Warning: Group also contains SRK and GameFAQs peoples.)

Group GT: SF East Coast

kofoguz
678th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):X-Box Live" , posted Fri 30 Jan 03:35post reply

quote:
I've created an XBox Live group GamerTag for Mid-Atlantic (NYC-DC corridor) players. Technically, it's for Street Fighter (4/HDR), but I suppose it could be used for similar-ish games that MMCafers might also play. It is region-limited to prevent excessive lag. (Warning: Group also contains SRK and GameFAQs peoples.)

This is just the BADASS place to pick SFIV (2EX) players. MMcafeers worship the game.

LOL.

End of Spoiler

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Amuro Rei
65th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):X-Box Live" , posted Fri 30 Jan 04:56post reply

quote:

This is just the BADASS place to pick SFIV (2EX) players. MMcafeers worship the game.

good idea!!!

when my xbox 360 arrives i'll go for a challenge againts you guys ...
OT question: it's really that bad the 360 controller??? i have hear that its horrible for SFHD

Hagen de Merak
998th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(7):X-Box Live" , posted Fri 30 Jan 06:08post reply

quote:
Double post.

Onslaught is beating the crap out of me in SSF2THD

Really? He sucks.

exodus
4186th Post

"Re(8):X-Box Live" , posted Wed 22 Jul 06:03post reply

hey people
mine is

abdigon

End of Spoiler

SO. THERE YOU GO.
I'm bad at games and rarely want to play with anyone else. but just in case!

Hungrywolf
3158th Post

"Re(9):X-Box Live" , posted Thu 30 Jul 01:45post reply

Bumping this thread, just to ask if any of you are going to be playing MvC2 online on the 360 or if any of you are playing KoF XII?

I really hope CvS2 gets an XBLA release.