New SF TV show ~ sequel to "The Later Years"! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1841 Views )

Shindekudasai
329th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Bronze Customer

"New SF TV show ~ sequel to "The Later Years"!" , posted Fri 31 Oct 03:09post reply

Many of you already know how much I loved "Street Fighter: The Later Years" so you can imagine how excited I am for a sequel. THEN to find out it will be a primetime, hi-def, half-hour television show? Even better. Check out the interview:

http://www.streetfighterdevotion.com/archive_sfr.php

Replies:

Grave
1134th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):New SF TV show ~ sequel to" , posted Fri 31 Oct 08:16post reply

This will never fly. I thought The Later Years was a lot of fun, but half hour episodes? Like, more than one of them? I could see this wearing thin very quickly.

However, Zangief's other gig is pretty... interesting! Although very fitting for Zangief.

Pollyanna
2577th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):New SF TV show ~ sequel to" , posted Fri 31 Oct 08:33post reply

quote:
This will never fly. I thought The Later Years was a lot of fun, but half hour episodes? Like, more than one of them? I could see this wearing thin very quickly.

My sentiments exactly, especially seeing how they've exhausted most of their jokes already. I think it's pretty much impossible to top the guys fighting in front of the building like in the old SFII opening.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

nobinobita
429th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):New SF TV show ~ sequel to" , posted Fri 31 Oct 09:50post reply

quote:

My sentiments exactly, especially seeing how they've exhausted most of their jokes already. I think it's pretty much impossible to top the guys fighting in front of the building like in the old SFII opening.

I wonder if they already have a deal with a TV network or if they just got Capcom's official blessing and are scrambling to get some pilots done in hopes of getting picked up.

My favorite part of the video is when the guy asks him "how did you think of the name SF Reunion?"

Gojira
2473th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):New SF TV show ~ sequel to" , posted Fri 31 Oct 12:42post reply

It should be fine for a while. It's not like it's been so long since they did TLY that they'd totally lose touch with their audience or the source material.

That's not to say it's bulletproof - I'm sure it'll get old after a while - but I think it'll be adequately fun in the beginning.

shipoopi

Count Hihihi
139th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):New SF TV show ~ sequel to" , posted Sat 1 Nov 22:26post reply

I can't wait for High School Musical 3 VS Street Fighter.