2DF Fighter - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3148 Views )

TheBeast
1872th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"2DF Fighter" , posted Sun 24 Aug 14:31post reply

Anyone using this for P2P game challenges?

http://2dfighter.com/

Replies:

NARUTO
3670th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):2DF Fighter" , posted Sun 24 Aug 17:11post reply

Wow long time no see TheBeast! And thanks for the link!

Fortes fortuna juvat...

tweleve
142th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):2DF Fighter" , posted Sat 30 Aug 06:31post reply

quote:

tweleve
143th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):2DF Fighter" , posted Sat 30 Aug 06:32post reply

quote:

I've been using it. It's good when you can get a game going, but my matches stall and exit most of the time, even when ping is reportedly good.

crazymike
1468th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):2DF Fighter" , posted Sat 30 Aug 11:41post reply

What is the difference between this and kaillera?

Toxico
4438th Post

"Re(3):2DF Fighter" , posted Sat 30 Aug 12:44post reply

quote:
What is the difference between this and kaillera?

I know nothing of emulation expect that is crappy, stupid and unaccurate port of the original game, but this thread said that this is peer to peer, kailera I think that used a server to cumunicate, and that slow, a peer to peer conection is direct; so it shouldn't have the famous and dubious lag that made kailera what it was.

The only evil of the word; is the one in the heart of men

Tai-Pan
286th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):2DF Fighter" , posted Sun 31 Aug 05:51post reply

quote:

I know nothing of emulation expect that is crappy, stupid and unaccurate port of the original game...

Are you talking about Emulation in general?

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Toxico
4442th Post

"Re(5):2DF Fighter" , posted Sun 7 Sep 02:13post reply

quote:

(late reply) Yes, emulation is configured to fit "what the hacker thinks the game runs at" and not how the game actually run at, this is bothersome when you learn through practice to do something hard (like punishing a weak kick with a super or the like) and when you go to a tournament, it happens to ve a mame pluged in with arcade sticks there is also some minor crap like old machines sound system not being properly emulated due to hardware restrains, but that's for purist.

Not only that, but no one gave a crap about roms except people who where deep on arcades when the latest thing you could run was Rastan Saga on DOS without sound. When rage updated to load real bout 2 and '98 a bunch of stupid complacient kids full of complaints and low quality bottlegs showed up... it was not fun when a badly decripted Sengoku 3 rebooted neard the ending with something like 90 minutes of gameplay or a kof 02 rebooting eating 10 credits or so. I also remembering people harrasing players for rom because "they where good, so they played on home", wich could get annoying if it happened something like 20 times a day.

The only evil of the word; is the one in the heart of men

The Droogo
300th Post

Bronze Customer

"I´m sorry to disagree with old master Toxico" , posted Sun 7 Sep 10:53post reply

quote:

...I also remembering people harrasing players for rom because "they where good, so they played on home", wich could get annoying if it happened something like 20 times a day.

I remember one day at Toxico´s house, he just had download the game magical drop to the neo geo, we played that game all the night I remember kicked his ass off with all mighty "SOLCITO"(Sun who looks like a baby)most of the night, then I didn´t visit him for one week so the next weekend I said are you prepare to have your merry ass begging mercy in front the God SOLCITO?...eerrr... of course he was ready he kicked my merry ass back, because HE HAD THE GAME AT HOME!!!
YOU DAMM TOXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O ra o ra!
H.Y.A.L.M.A.R.I.

Tai-Pan
290th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):2DF Fighter" , posted Mon 8 Sep 11:03post reply

quote:

(late reply) Yes, emulation is configured to fit "what the hacker thinks the game runs at" and not how the game actually run at, this is bothersome when you learn through practice to do something hard (like punishing a weak kick with a super or the like) and when you go to a tournament, it happens to ve a mame pluged in with arcade sticks there is also some minor crap like old machines sound system not being properly emulated due to hardware restrains, but that's for purist.

Not only that, but no one gave a crap about roms except people who where deep on arcades when the latest thing you could run was Rastan Saga on DOS without sound. When rage updated to load real bout 2 and '98 a bunch of stupid complacient kids full of complaints and low quality bottlegs showed up... it was not fun when a badly decripted Sengoku 3 rebooted neard the ending with something like 90 minutes of gameplay or a kof 02 rebooting eating 10 credits or so. I also remembering people harrasing players for rom because "they where good, so they played on home", wich could get annoying if it happened something like 20 times a day.

Well, from that point of view..I agree. But IMO emulation is plain good.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

crazymike
1470th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(7):2DF Fighter" , posted Tue 9 Sep 08:59post reply

After having tried 2DF Fighter out for a few days, I just want to say, this thing rocks, not like Kaillera which was full of lag I usually get silky smooth gameplay 90% of the time as long as I play someone in the same country.

On the other hand I am also getting my ass whupped most of the time because apparently I am facing off against people whose life has been dedicated to fighting games it seems ;p

hikarutilmitt
466th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):2DF Fighter" , posted Wed 10 Sep 06:37post reply

quote:
After having tried 2DF Fighter out for a few days, I just want to say, this thing rocks, not like Kaillera which was full of lag I usually get silky smooth gameplay 90% of the time as long as I play someone in the same country.

On the other hand I am also getting my ass whupped most of the time because apparently I am facing off against people whose life has been dedicated to fighting games it seems ;p

I keep meaning to jump on and play some more, but I either forget or have other things to play/do.

Maybe I'll be on later tonight... ;)

emagius
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(9):2DF Fighter" , posted Sat 4 Oct 01:19post reply

Rise from your grave!

But I've been on 2DF for a few weeks now (as eMag) and it's been surprisingly good, at least as an East Coast (USA) player. Lag and dropped connections are usually not issues when I play other low-ping USAers.

My main problem is that everyone wants to play 3s or Garou (both of which I'm terrible at and neither of which I particularly like) and not Vampire Savior or even Alpha 2 (games that I enjoy and in which I am not entirely incompetent). Super Turbo (and HSF2) is kind of a middle ground.