Original message (7107 Views )

Iggy
8554th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 03:54post reply

New thread
On Niconico

I know, the quality is not very good, but at least the game itself looks awesome (and the music !!)

Replies:

ONSLAUGHT
3715th Post

"Re(1):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 04:01post reply

quote:
New thread
On Niconico

I know, the quality is not very good, but at least the game itself looks awesome (and the music !!)

I cannot view the video, and I don't speak chinese, so I don't know what the hell it says... can you upload it to youtube or something?

Thanks

Evenor
653th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 04:07post reply

quote:
New thread
On Niconico

BAROQUE! Gold Lightan looks extremely awesome!!

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Red Falcon
6024th Post

"Re(1):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 04:19post reply

quote:
New thread
On Niconico

YES! I am so glad to hear some of that music. I am very curious about trying out Lightan, I don't think there has ever been a playable character that large before. Are my dreams of playing as Gandara finally realized?

Best site EVER:Link Here

Ishmael
3212th Post

"Re(2):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 04:35post reply

Thanks for the link!

Hmm, I'm not certain why the characters occasionally start glowing in a rainbow hue. Then again, in a game where you can switch characters during the middle of an air combo there's probably no limit to what can happen.

Speaking of surprises, what happened to Alex's voice? Did he pull something when he tried to suplex Gold Ligthan?

Iggy
8555th Post

"Re(2):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 04:35post reply

No Youtube from me, sowwy.
quote:
I am very curious about trying out Lightan, I don't think there has ever been a playable character that large before.

Also, I think Lightan fights alone (only one life bar). Seems fair.

ONSLAUGHT
3716th Post

"Re(3):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 04:52post reply

quote:
No Youtube from me, sowwy.

y2k
11th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 05:33post reply

no idea how to work this site :(

Count Hihihi
95th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 05:34post reply

quote:

Also, I think Lightan fights alone (only one life bar). Seems fair.

I wish this game had no team edit, and you had to pick characters in pairs.

a·bel·o·gist - a person who argues in defense or justification of anything SFIV related.

whitesword
1622th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 06:13:post reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ELtxzdh7nI

The audio in the second half is messed up, but I don't care enough to reupload it. I'll let someone else bother with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIsquXYrUjE someone else uploaded a better synched one

Edit#231: BLARG

[this message was edited by whitesword on Wed 9 Jul 06:55]

TreIII
136th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 06:35post reply

Game is looking VERY nice so far. I WANT. SERIOUSLY.

Dokuganryu wa Date jya ne you see?

ONSLAUGHT
3717th Post

"Re(2):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 07:14post reply

quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ELtxzdh7nI

The audio in the second half is messed up, but I don't care enough to reupload it. I'll let someone else bother with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIsquXYrUjE someone else uploaded a better synched one

Edit#231: BLARG

We love you WS!
I will be really pissed if this game doesn't come to America.

Grave
1090th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 07:27post reply

It won't! But I'll be super-pissed if it doesn't get a PS3 release, because it's not gonna be region-free on 360 or Wii and that's the only way I can imagine getting to play it.

Pollyanna
2528th Post

"Re(3):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 07:28post reply

Good: MUSIC!!!

Bad: Alex's voice.

Although I can't say I would trade the awesome guitar renditions of the Tatsunoko songs for Alex's original VA, my enthusiasm has been somewhat compromised.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Grave
1091th Post

"Re(4):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 07:46post reply

That little snippet of Alex upset me, but I thought Ryu sounded kind of odd as well. Am I crazy? Who are the VAs? I can't read kanji!

This game will be severely compromised without a proper "YOU CAN'T ESCAPE!"

Iggy
8556th Post

"Re(4):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 07:50post reply

quote:
Bad: Alex's voice.

I never liked Alex's 3rd Strike voice, so I don't care! But, yeah, if's he's speaking English, the less they could do is not hire a Japanese VA.
Ryû sounded even stranger to me: I think it's the first time he says anything more than the name of his special moves, let alone an entire sentence. I'd love it if he could have as a hidden quote 確かみてみろ!

Also, Polymer seems to have a special system of his own: he has some strange symbols above his gauge.

The location test will begin in a few hours, I wonder/hope if there will be even more characters playable.

Seija
3153th Post

"Re(1):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 08:10post reply

quote:
New thread
On Niconico

After seeing this, the music is good, but good golly! Alex sounds horrible! I never liked Alex, but at least make his voice tolerable! (Don't tell me, "It's funny how you can stand Athena's '1998' samples, but not Alex's voice here". At least the '1998' ones help me win or are cute. Whatever! I can't speak properly now.)

にょにょにょ。

Zepy
1479th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 09:24post reply

quote:
I'd love it if he could have as a hidden quote 確かみてみろ!

I will play the game 24/7 in the arcades if this happens

Red Falcon
6025th Post

"Re(6):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 11:27post reply

quote:
I'd love it if he could have as a hidden quote 確かみてみろ!

I will play the game 24/7 in the arcades if this happens

Yes, out of all the fighting games coming out, this is probably the only one I genuinely am interested in. Their "hook" definitely worked on me, ha ha ha. Anyway, since the other thread is now dead, I figured I'd transfer most of my last post there here:

To Polly: Ha ha ha, amusingly, I've been thinking "Please, Muteking! Please, Muteking!" the whole time along with hoping for the Doronbo gang, but I think they're kind of shoe-ins anyway. As soon as they start revealing villains (so far only heroes) I'm sure they'll pop up. I hope Berg Katse pops up too, and can randomly change back and forth between his masked "man" form and unmasked "woman" form, all while doing virtually nothing except running around having Galactor soldiers attack like Jill's zombies and whatnot and having big Galactor mecha pop out and crash/blow up/whatnot. If we're lucky, he'll be able to summon the huge flying organ from the satsujin music episode and it could play awful hippy rock at the opponent. Or they could just put Gel Sadra in and have her throw temper tantrums and punch shit.

Pollyanna
2529th Post

"Re(7):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 11:34post reply

quote:

To Polly: Ha ha ha, amusingly, I've been thinking "Please, Muteking! Please, Muteking!" the whole time along with hoping for the Doronbo gang, but I think they're kind of shoe-ins anyway. As soon as they start revealing villains (so far only heroes) I'm sure they'll pop up. I hope Berg Katse pops up too, and can randomly change back and forth between his masked "man" form and unmasked "woman" form, all while doing virtually nothing except running around having Galactor soldiers attack like Jill's zombies and whatnot and having big Galactor mecha pop out and crash/blow up/whatnot. If we're lucky, he'll be able to summon the huge flying organ from the satsujin music episode and it could play awful hippy rock at the opponent. Or they could just put Gel Sadra in and have her throw temper tantrums and punch shit.

Yeah, I was thinking something similar for Katse, myself. Glad to see there's another "Murder Music" fan out there. That's one of my favorite episodes of anything. The level of death and destruction in that episode was completely ridiculous.

I think Muteking might be fun as a character, and I -love- the theme song, but his design is just way too...uhm..."radical" for me.

I'm surprised that no one is complaining that it's only 3 buttons. People flipped out when Capcom did 4 button vs stuff before...

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

exodus
4138th Post

"Re(8):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 11:52post reply

this is looking very nice. lots of scoops and hagen daaz.
I'm not a fan of the music at all though - guess I'm in the minority!

Grave
1093th Post

"Re(8):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 11:55post reply

Will there be a Mango Lightan? One can only hope.

quote:
I'm surprised that no one is complaining that it's only 3 buttons. People flipped out when Capcom did 4 button vs stuff before...

I think everyone's just glad there's a new fun-looking vs. game with any buttons at all? At least, that's how I feel.

Maese Spt
440th Post

Gold Customer

"BADASS!!111" , posted Wed 9 Jul 16:59post reply

Now, that's a badass trailer!

Gojira
2404th Post

"Re(1):BADASS!!111" , posted Wed 9 Jul 17:27post reply

quote:
Now, that's a badass trailer!

I badassed my pants!

shipoopi

Zepy
1480th Post

"Re(8):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 19:08post reply

quote:

Whoa I didn't know it was 3 buttons, I wonder how it'll play.

Iggy
8557th Post

"Re(9):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 19:29post reply

quote:
Whoa I didn't know it was 3 buttons, I wonder how it'll play.

It's 4 actually, like Jojo : weak medium strong and a 4th "tag" button.

Personally, I'd rather have this over the MvC2 option, the weak/medium button always felt odd to me.
Also, since some characters (Ryû at least, Polymer maybe) have 3 supers, maybe they simplified it so that "super 1=button1", etc?
The characters will be rather simple anyway, so it's no big deal.

Also, have I rejoiced here that Chunli is back to being a simple SF2 Chunli, not an dumbed down version of her 3rd Strike version that only retained her weird positions and none of what made her actually cool (like, say, SF4) ?
Because I like that very very much.

kofoguz
601th Post

"Re(1):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 20:17post reply

quote:
New thread
On Niconico

Thats the badassest game I'm looking for after the pure badass KOF XII.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Iron D
2918th Post

"Re(2):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 20:33post reply

Guess it's my turn to be the naysayer...

I don't like this news of the game being three or four buttons. In fact, I'm completely burned out on the VS. series after MvC2. Got so sick of seeing that game.

It is cool to see 3rd Strike versions of Chuns and Ryu in the Vs. mode style. And I'm COMPLETELY unfamiliar with the Tatsunoku characters, but I'm guessing I'm feeling about them the same way that the Japanese folks were probably thinking about the characters in the vs. X-men/Marvel games.

It's also always good to see SERVBOTS, but in the end I just can't get over the complete burnout I got from MvC2. Too many characters playing too similarly, seeing the same characters over and over no matter who is playing, and four buttons (for attacks)...ugh.

Er.....

Pollyanna
2530th Post

"Re(9):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 21:08post reply

quote:

I'm not a fan of the music at all though - guess I'm in the minority!

Well, are you a Tatsunoko fan at all? If you don't know/like the original songs, I imagine it would be harder to appreciate these renditions.

On the other hand, the SF arranges were just okay, I guess.

Iron D:

I'm sick to death of MvsC2, myself. I think it's severely overrated. At my local college, no matter when you go to the arcade, there is someone playing that game. Well, I can't say if it's like that now, but it was like that for a good 6 years at least. At any rate, it was never one of my favorites to begin with.

Still, I enjoyed the game for about half a year, which isn't too bad. I doubt TvsC will ever be one of my favorites, but at the end of the day, I love 2D fighters so much that I'll welcome anything that isn't total crap with open arms.

Seems to be a decent contrast to SF4, at least?

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Iron D
2919th Post

"Re(10):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Wed 9 Jul 21:32post reply

quote:

Seems to be a decent contrast to SF4, at least?

That's what I meant by it being my turn to be a naysayer. I'm pretty jazzed about SF4 at this point, but this game isn't doing much to make me get excited, and in fact I almost feel like I'm seeing MvC2 all over again.

There's actually an MvC2 cabinet here at the college I attend, and lo and behold it's the only machine that still gets any play at all. It's obviously not at the level of play that it was about 6-8 years ago, but it's still being played...and still being played the same way even.

Er.....

exodus
4141th Post

"Re(10):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Thu 10 Jul 02:19post reply

quote:

Well, are you a Tatsunoko fan at all? If you don't know/like the original songs, I imagine it would be harder to appreciate these renditions.

at all, yes - to the extent where I recognized the song, no. I mostly interacted with Tatsunoko via Battle of the Planets as an early teen, and then a couple Yatterman videogames. So yeah...this limp guitar work does nothing for me.

still, I am very interested in the game in most other ways...which is odd, since I never liked the versus series at all.

Red Falcon
6028th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (" , posted Thu 10 Jul 03:24:post reply

quote:
still, I am very interested in the game in most other ways...which is odd, since I never liked the versus series at all.

The versus series in general is pretty bad, I only care about this one because of the Tatsunoko charas, ha ha ha.

Edit: I have my fingers crossed that the Tatsunoko side will be really broken so everyone will stick with them, but with my luck this time it'll be the Cap side which doesn't suck.

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Thu 10 Jul 03:35]

Grave
1095th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (" , posted Thu 10 Jul 05:59post reply

This reminds me a lot more of the earlier vs. games/MvC1 than it does the mess that is MvC2. I can imagine a lot of people are bent out of shape about this, but it makes me pretty happy! The loketest is on now, right? I need more info!

HAYATO
876th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):Re(10):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (" , posted Thu 10 Jul 08:23post reply

Judging by the Youtube footage, it seems this time Capcom managed to capture the long gone spirit of the old vs. games, making one of the best 2D-3D franchise transitions I've ever witnessed in the process...

From now on I declare this game as "HAYATO approved"!!

Cain Highwind
785th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):Re(10):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (" , posted Thu 10 Jul 10:13:post reply

quote:
This reminds me a lot more of the earlier vs. games/MvC1 than it does the mess that is MvC2. I can imagine a lot of people are bent out of shape about this, but it makes me pretty happy! The loketest is on now, right? I need more info!

Agreed. I get that classic VS vibe as well which I love. I only hope there are a few more characters. I can't fathom how they can have a Legends/DASH stage and not have any MM representation.

My dream stage/scenario would be a Phoenix Wright meets Speed Racer stage, where players fought in front of a traffic accident where Speed Racer was being charged for a Hit and Run with Nick and Maya there defending him/investigating the scene.

Make it happen Capcom!

EDIT: LOL at Iori voicing Polymar.
Also, now that I think about, if there really is a three button attack with one for tag setup. A Wii port seems more plausible now since an NES-style Wiimote setup would work the same way Brawl's scheme did (plus it has all the other options open)

Besides, looking at some of those dazzling 3D effects, I don't think the PS2 could handle that.

[this message was edited by Cain Highwind on Thu 10 Jul 10:21]

Burning Ranger
1568th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (" , posted Thu 10 Jul 11:01post reply

I recognize the Marvel Vs. series as one where one could have fun playing the game casually as long as you don't play against people who get really into the technical aspects. That being said, TvC is looking very good and I too would like to play it, even if it holds my interest for a short while.

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

Iggy
8558th Post

"Re(1):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Thu 10 Jul 11:14post reply

こちらスネーク
Lightan is currently not usable. Appears as a boss. Is really huge. Wonder how he tastes like.
Each character has 3 supers. Lilith appears as the other half of the darkness illusion.

exodus
4145th Post

"Re(2):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Thu 10 Jul 13:35post reply

quote:

Lilith appears as the other half of the darkness illusion.

!!!!!!!!!!

deisied
428th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Thu 10 Jul 13:38post reply

Guys. This game is gonna be the main character of my life.

Toxico
4420th Post

"Re(3):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Thu 10 Jul 14:29post reply

quote:

!!!!!!!!!!

Was there any doubt?

The only evil of the word; is the one in the heart of men

Pollyanna
2531th Post

"Re(4):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Thu 10 Jul 14:46post reply

My concern from the video is that it looks like it might be a "just get in a jab and combo like crazy" game. It makes me wonder if all the character's special moves are actually useful, or if they're just different combo enders. If that ends up being the case, then the lack of support moves (like MvsC2) might hurt the game.

Of course, it's way too early to say...

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

exodus
4146th Post

"Re(4):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Thu 10 Jul 15:38post reply

quote:

!!!!!!!!!!

Was there any doubt?

well, I hadn't been paying close attention to anything, so I didn't even really know it was an option.

Iron D
2920th Post

"Re(5):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Thu 10 Jul 17:38post reply

quote:
My concern from the video is that it looks like it might be a "just get in a jab and combo like crazy" game.

That's what it's looking like so far.

To be honest I don't outright HATE the entire Vs. series...but it is a bit of a love/hate thing. When X-men vs. Street Fighter came out, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Big, flashy supers? X-men AND Street Fighters together? Giant Apocalypse as the boss? However the lack of real depth to the gameplay made the game boring fast, and some characters just didn't feel like they belonged (i.e. Zangief and Dhalsim).

MSH vs. SF piqued my interest for a second, but I got bored with that quickly too.

MvC1 was the pinnacle of the series for me. The assist characters helped a bit, but it was the pure fanservice of this game that hooked me. Mega Man with moves from the Mega Man series? Actual music and backgrounds from the actual games? Onslaught as the final boss? And even backgrounds from the Marvel Universe! That was damn cool, and the characters seemed to work for the most part, even though the gameplay was still all rushdown.

MvC2 just had broken characters, uninteresting backgrounds that had nothing to do with any of the characters and awful, AWFUL music. And even the returning characters didn't have anything new to offer (for instance: Zangief and Dhalsim STILL didn't play like they belonged in a Vs. game).

I guess my main gripe overall would be the shallow gameplay, which consists of nothing but rush down, rush down, rush down.

Er.....

Iggy
8559th Post

"Re(4):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Thu 10 Jul 20:18post reply

http://h.pic.to/u7d7o
http://g.pic.to/zsuxa
quote:

!!!!!!!!!!

Was there any doubt?

I don't know, when has this happened except in Pocket Fighter?

There are only two colors by character (for now?)

As I said, Chunli is like in SF2/Marvelvs, young and cute. All characters seem to be able to air dash, which is rather meh.
So far, the game seems to be boring fast: you just wait and guard, and when the opponent attacks you, you just spam the weak attack button.
Oh well, as IronD said, the versus game were never a deep series to begin with.

System
Partner button: P. Hyper Combo: HC.

Aerial Rave: down+strong for everyone.
Variable air raid: 236+O in air (or during an Aerial Rave). Use one gauge.
Assist: P
Change character: back+P
Variable Counter: 412+P, use one gauge.
Variable Combination: P during a HC
Delayed HC: like in MvC2
Baroque: when you have red damage in your life gauge, P+attack button. Attack up in proportion with the red damage you use.
Mega Crash: All four buttons. Uses 2 gauges and some energy. A very strong attack that can turn the match around.

------------
Interesting story : apparently, the rights for Bio Hazard characters have become complex to obtain because of the movies. There was supposed to be a Bio level in NamcoXCapcom, but because of that they could only use Gun Survivor characters.
If that is true, Jill and Chris won't be amongst the remaining characters.
------------

Rumor time !
*The game aims for a 22 characters+alpha
*Rumored characters: Strider and Doronjo (I waaaaant)
*No more SF2, Vampire or Justice Gakuen characters
*No Soul Taker, no Karasu (nooooooo!!!)
*Lightan is middle boss
*Blodia?

This is sourceless and probably wrong (if only because no (c)Moto Kikaku) but you know me, I like those.

Pollyanna
2532th Post

"Re(6):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Thu 10 Jul 21:10post reply

quote:

MvC2 just had broken characters, uninteresting backgrounds that had nothing to do with any of the characters and awful, AWFUL music. And even the returning characters didn't have anything new to offer (for instance: Zangief and Dhalsim STILL didn't play like they belonged in a Vs. game).

Poor implementation of characters is a big deal for me, or rather failing to adapt the characters to the game. Like, in KOF MI, all the characters have essentially the same movesets that they have in KOF... only the game is completely and totally different. The result is that some characters are useless and most characters have useless moves.

To me, if you have a character like Zangief or Dhalsim that doesn't work in the game's environment, then change them so that they do. I know certain moves have come to represent certain characters, but if they don't have any purpose, then they should be replaced or altered. At the very least, if they have to keep useless moves in a game, they can give the characters new moves and keep the old ones around for novelty.

You can't just pick a character up, plug him into a different game and expect him to work, especially if you want even the slightest bit of balance.

So yeah, that kind of ties into my earlier concern. Like..."everyone has that jab, and everything else is irrelevant".

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Iron D
2921th Post

"Re(7):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Thu 10 Jul 21:49post reply

quote:

Poor implementation of characters is a big deal for me, or rather failing to adapt the characters to the game. Like, in KOF MI, all the characters have essentially the same movesets that they have in KOF... only the game is completely and totally different. The result is that some characters are useless and most characters have useless moves.

To me, if you have a character like Zangief or Dhalsim that doesn't work in the game's environment, then change them so that they do. I know certain moves have come to represent certain characters, but if they don't have any purpose, then they should be replaced or altered. At the very least, if they have to keep useless moves in a game, they can give the characters new moves and keep the old ones around for novelty.

You can't just pick a character up, plug him into a different game and expect him to work, especially if you want even the slightest bit of balance.

So yeah, that kind of ties into my earlier concern. Like..."everyone has that jab, and everything else is irrelevant".

Exactly.

Er.....

Ishmael
3214th Post

"Re(5):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Fri 11 Jul 01:17post reply

Thanks for all the info. I'm not sure if TvC is going to be a great game or not but at this point reading about the game is really fun.

quote:

Wait, what is that attack in Ryu's move list? Out of all the times for Ryu to get a new move it's in TvC?

The rumor that Capcom somehow screwed up their ability to use their characters in the games that they make is almost too funny to be believed. Almost.

Red Falcon
6028th Post

"Re(6):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Fri 11 Jul 01:38post reply

quote:
Wait, what is that attack in Ryu's move list? Out of all the times for Ryu to get a new move it's in TvC?

Isn't a new move, that's his jyoudansokutougeri (I.E., the "donkey kick") from the SF 3 series with a new input.

whitesword
1622th Post

"Re(6):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Fri 11 Jul 01:39post reply

quote:

That's just his kick move from SF3 with a new motion due to the lack of seperate punch and kick buttons (it would have overlapped with the Hadouken otherwise)

quote:

Interesting story : apparently, the rights for Bio Hazard characters have become complex to obtain because of the movies. There was supposed to be a Bio level in NamcoXCapcom, but because of that they could only use Gun Survivor characters.
If that is true, Jill and Chris won't be amongst the remaining characters.

What

Ultima
442th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Fri 11 Jul 12:26post reply

re: buttons

Anything less than 6 buttons sucks for Street Fighter. However, TvC isn't SF. It also isn't XSF/MSF/MvC1, which were 1 on 1 on 1 on 1, which benefited from the SF layout. TvC is a scaled back version of MvC2 (TvC = 2 on 2, as opposed to MvC2's 3 on 3). Because of the greater team dynamic, a button layout change was necessary, cause otherwise, they would either need to a) add more buttons, or b) include more dual button combos. While I know I complained about it at the time, I think they made the right decision with MvC2, though it did take its take on character individuality.

With TvC, I think it might have been better if they went with a 5 button set up (LP/LK/HP/HK/Tag), but meh. It might be worth it to get back medium attacks and medium specials. Plus, I suppose simplifying the characters' movesets a bit means they could probably stuff more characters in there. Don't forget, this game isn't supposed to come out until this winter, so there's still plenty of time. I'd be happy with that 22 character limit, if it's true, since that would be a lot for a project built from scratch like TvC.

> > MvC2 just had broken characters, uninteresting backgrounds that had nothing to do with any of the characters and awful, AWFUL music.

Every Marvel game has broken characters. I think all the Vs. games backgrounds are uninteresting. I'll give you the terrible music though.

TvC is probably going to be a less crazy version (in terms of screen-filling crap and triangle-dashing madness) of MvC2. Which is fine by me.

Pollyanna:

> Poor implementation of characters is a big deal for me, or rather failing to adapt the characters to the game.

You're central point is correct, as is the example of Zangief (though he wasn't that badly affected in XSF and MSF; he actually managed to be good in MvC1, albeit probably by accident, but he was definitely nigh unuseable in MvC2, Mech-Z assist shinanegans notwithstanding). However, Dhalsim is not a good example. Overall, Dhalsim actually made the transition to the Vs. games the best out of all the SF characters.

> You can't just pick a character up, plug him into a different game and expect him to work, especially if you want even the slightest bit of balance.

Balance is largely overrated. But you're right randomly shoehorning characters into strange engines doesn't work. However, this really applied to ALL SF characters in XSF/MSF aside from Dhalsim, which is why MvC1 had the right idea to remove most of them in favour of more characters that were built for that engine (SF poster boy Ryu has to stay, but he's also not suited for the Vs. engine compared to Dhalsim; however, if everyone has an air dash, that will help Ryu tremendously).

--
Ultima - The Right arm of Scrub Voltron
http://uramble.com/sfp - The Street Fighter Perfect Project

EddyT
751th Post

"Re(5):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Fri 11 Jul 12:33post reply

quote:
http://g.pic.to/zsuxa

!!!!!!!!!!

Was there any doubt?

I don't know, when has this happened except in Pocket Fighter?

It also happened in MvC1. Lilith had a few cameos in that game, I think with Darkness Illusion and with one of her win poses.

Professor
2482th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(6):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Fri 11 Jul 15:43:post reply

I Checked the game out for a short while, it feels a lot like MvC2 except.. maybe a bit more sluggish? It doesn't feel as fast paced for some reason. But then again, people weren't really using the assistants effectively. You can't select out of three types like in MvC2. Lots of matches were ending with time overs.

Playing with three buttons felt kind of weird since you need to remember what each buttons does. The low feirce seems to do a footsweep for all the characters, but other than that, they can be punches or kicks. As for air combos, you can press the same button more than once... I think something like weak>weak>medium>medium>feirce is possible.

Most people seem to be doing damage out of air combos except for Alex players since he's a land throw whore. I swear I saw a guy connecting his super elbow into a super headbutt and then into a LV3 hyperbomb. The other player looked really shocked.

Onimusha's Souki turns into his demon form with his LV3 super. There's some kind of soul marks he can apparently accumulate while in his demon form, but I'm not sure how to gain them, or what they do.

Ryu has his step kick from third strike and he can combo it into his Shinkuu-Hadoken. A lot of players were turtling around and doing chip damage with his Shinkuu, doesn't seem like it can be countered.

Chunli's got her super from MvC1, the one in the air where she kicks the opponent, the screen goes blank and four phonetic Kanji symbols appear. Very cool, especially with the way the camera zooms in to her, thanks to the game being 3D.

The supers don't seem to come out instantaneously after the screen blacks out, so you need to combo it, otherwise the opponent can guard. In fact, if you're too close, your opponent can hit you with a weak and stop you from pulling out your move even after the screen blacks out. I've seen it happen with Tekkaman and a few others. Maybe this will be changed but I guess it makes sense, considering that comboing is supposed to be the way that the game is played.

Lv3 supers take away a lot of life, maybe half the life bar? Noone was using Baroque or Megacrushes because the supers seemed way more useful. Then again, it's probably too early to tell whether the new systems are good.

I'm kinda surprised that there aren't too many reports on 2ch or anywhere yet, there was a pretty good crowd at the test.[edit] found one here in english.

[edit2] someone at 2ch drew a pic of the character select screen, this is what it looks like

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 11 Jul 19:42]

Nekros
57th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Fri 11 Jul 17:57post reply

quote:

Lv3 supers take away a lot of life, maybe half the life bar? Noone was using Baroque or Megacrushes because the supers seemed way more useful. Then again, it's probably too early to tell whether the new systems are good.

Ok, can you tell me what a Baroque effectively does? The gameplay is a bit strange for a Capcom game, but seems fair. It sounds like a cross between a Guilty Gear and JoJo, maybe to allow lots of people enjoy the game (you know, the Tatsunoko fans aren't the young japanese audience we used to know about fighting games).
Can't wait the console (PS3) release.

Professor
2482th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(8):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Fri 11 Jul 19:35:post reply

quote:

Ok, can you tell me what a Baroque effectively does? The gameplay is a bit strange for a Capcom game, but seems fair. It sounds like a cross between a Guilty Gear and JoJo, maybe to allow lots of people enjoy the game (you know, the Tatsunoko fans aren't the young japanese audience we used to know about fighting games).

You do it while you're attacking and it instantly puts you back into neutral pose. Feels a bit like Fist of the North Star's boost (that let you connect a combo from a combo), but without the dash. I'm not sure if it's doable with all the attacks in the game. It supposedly also powers you up right afterwards for a few seconds depending on how much red life bar you have. I think the system has potential, but nobody was crazy enough to sacrifice their life like that when they had a lot of red. Some people did it when they had chip damage, but that was about it.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 11 Jul 19:43]

Nekros
58th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(9):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Fri 11 Jul 21:14post reply

quote:

You do it while you're attacking and it instantly puts you back into neutral pose. Feels a bit like Fist of the North Star's boost (that let you connect a combo from a combo), but without the dash. I'm not sure if it's doable with all the attacks in the game. It supposedly also powers you up right afterwards for a few seconds depending on how much red life bar you have. I think the system has potential, but nobody was crazy enough to sacrifice their life like that when they had a lot of red. Some people did it when they had chip damage, but that was about it.

Basically, is an attack cancel, right? Sounds very interesting but quite out of place in a vs game.

Professor
2482th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(10):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Fri 11 Jul 22:34post reply

quote:

Basically, is an attack cancel, right? Sounds very interesting but quite out of place in a vs game.

Bingo, attack cancel is the term I was looking for, thanksss.

TreIII
137th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Sat 12 Jul 08:11post reply

quote:

Considering the game's based on JAMMA, I would think PS2/Wii is more likely, even if that 2ch rumor isn't true.

If it was going to be a bona fide Taito X2 game, they probably would have just come out with out already. But every thing points to the notion that this game is low-tech, and was made to spread all over the place as much as possible, at minimal cost.

We'll see though...

Any way Prof., thanks for your details.

Grave
1098th Post

"Re(9):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Sat 12 Jul 09:06post reply

quote:
Considering the game's based on JAMMA, I would think PS2/Wii is more likely, even if that 2ch rumor isn't true.

JVS, actually! But here's hoping for a PS3 version so it's reasonably easy to play worldwide.

Professor
2484th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(10):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (video)" , posted Sat 12 Jul 11:13:post reply

Quick update: actual photo of the character select screen here and here.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sat 12 Jul 11:15]

chazumaru
563th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Re(10):Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2nd thread (" , posted Sat 12 Jul 17:58post reply

Thanks Prof. Looks like we'll get 16 characters.
The game will be playable at Evo 2k8 (new loketest version).

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Iron D
2922th Post

"Gameplay vid" , posted Sat 12 Jul 23:14post reply

I'm surprised no one's posted this yet, as I rarely get the scoop on anything new in the gaming world before anyone else does, but here's some actual gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pv_R6edWW8

Er.....

RSJ
794th Post

"Re(1):Gameplay vid" , posted Sat 12 Jul 23:57post reply

quote:
I'm surprised no one's posted this yet, as I rarely get the scoop on anything new in the gaming world before anyone else does, but here's some actual gameplay.

HADO-SPAM.

How is it that at least 5 generations into the VS series (I do not count the SNK games) people are STILL falling for the same Ryu combo??

Morrigan is awfully slow.

Wait... this thing has 4 buttons? why does this thing have only 4 buttons?

EddyT
754th Post

"Re(1):Gameplay vid" , posted Sun 13 Jul 00:01post reply

quote:

It's weird, some combos look fast, but other times the movement looks slow, especially the fireballs. I'm sure they'll fix that later.

And it's weird hearing a different voice for Morrigan.

Nekros
59th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Gameplay vid" , posted Sun 13 Jul 00:19post reply

quote:

Yes, and the music seems strange too. Some funky-pop arrangement of hers MVC theme.
The animations, lightining and backgrounds are very good: the graphic engine is already this solid on the firts loctest? Yummy game.

TreIII
138th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Gameplay vid" , posted Sun 13 Jul 06:01post reply

New vid:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UdAMOVCInR4

ecchi
177th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Gameplay vid" , posted Sun 13 Jul 12:32post reply

quote:
New vid:

Looks cool. My gripes are:

1. Where are the female Tatsunoko characters?

2. Can't they get Shinkiro to draw more character art instead of using the same ones for the character select, vs., and winner screen?

3. As much as I like Batsu, I'd prefer Akira, Edge, or even Boman to be the representative character (Really though, I just want a new Justice Gakuen that looks and plays like this)

GAME OVER?? But I beat the game!

Red Falcon
6033th Post

"Re(5):Gameplay vid" , posted Sun 13 Jul 12:43post reply

quote:
New vid:

Not a complete roster yet.

kofoguz
603th Post

"Re(5):Gameplay vid" , posted Sun 13 Jul 14:37:post reply

quote:
New vid:

Looks cool. My gripes are:

2. Can't they get Shinkiro to draw more character art instead of using the same ones for the character select, vs., and winner screen?

3. As much as I like Batsu, I'd prefer Akira, Edge, or even Boman to be the representative character (Really though, I just want a new Justice Gakuen that looks and plays like this)

1.Be Patient.
2.Yeah I noticed that too. It shouldnt be so hard to use new arts for both.
3.Well looks like they choose the main character for the game they choose. Maybe they could use Akira for Rival Schools since they use Batsu for Project Justice.

HADO-SPAM.

quote:
How is it that at least 5 generations into the VS series (I do not count the SNK games) people are STILL falling for the same Ryu combo??

That pissed me off, too. I know Ryu cant learn new thing his dumbness unique and its theme etc...
Also this game new gameplay tweaks but I want this game to feel new, Not like a MvC game with only Tatsunoko characters. (Ok dont let me confuse you Im not bitching I just hate Ryu also his Hado-spam in that matter), but hopefully they're going in good direction with this game. Though I do hope more for original characters from the Capcom side to show up just like Souki. Or if they use same characters from MvC series they should avoid the copy-paste feeling IMO.

I know its early but you can hope/concern about somethings right?

[sigtag][/sigtag]

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Sun 13 Jul 14:56]

Iggy
8563th Post

"Re(6):Gameplay vid" , posted Mon 14 Jul 00:15post reply

More videos :

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3954951
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3955145
HUGE
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3954265

emagius
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Gameplay vid" , posted Mon 14 Jul 02:11post reply

quote:
New vid:

Well, Rockman' characters (Kobun!) show up in the stage background. Maybe there's hope for Tron after all.

whitesword
1623th Post

"Re(1):Gameplay vid" , posted Mon 14 Jul 06:10post reply

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3957274

Stun Gun Headbutt is overpowered

Iggy
8564th Post

"Re(2):Gameplay vid" , posted Mon 14 Jul 06:53post reply

It's a good thing Capcom keeps the tradition now to have the stungun nerfed to oblivion in the final game and alex middle-to-low tier.

It feels so strange to see Alex's air dash...

ecchi
178th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Gameplay vid" , posted Mon 14 Jul 14:55post reply

quote:
3.Well looks like they choose the main character for the game they choose. Maybe they could use Akira for Rival Schools since they use Batsu for Project Justice.

I noticed. I just like to root for female and "B-side" characters to take up spots more than the mascots/main characters. I've got my fingers crossed for Forte/Bass to represent the Megaman franchise (sorry Roll).

Megane
434th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Gameplay vid" , posted Mon 14 Jul 19:21post reply

quote:

I noticed. I just like to root for female and "B-side" characters to take up spots more than the mascots/main characters. I've got my fingers crossed for Protoman to represent the Megaman franchise (sorry Roll).

fixed

chazumaru
564th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):Gameplay vid" , posted Tue 15 Jul 00:48post reply

So the normal Jôdan bounces as well now?

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

ecchi
179th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Gameplay vid" , posted Tue 15 Jul 06:03post reply

quote:

I noticed. I just like to root for female and "B-side" characters to take up spots more than the mascots/main characters. I've got my fingers crossed for Protoman to represent the Megaman franchise (sorry Roll).

fixed

Sure, why not. And after glancing at your tag, I hope Breath of Fire gets representation too.

RSJ
795th Post

"Re(9):Gameplay vid" , posted Tue 15 Jul 06:09post reply

quote:

fixed

Sure, why not. And after glancing at your tag, I hope Breath of Fire gets representation too.

I just hope by the time all the characters are released, that entire select "wheel" gets filled with characters all the way around.

Hungrywolf
3138th Post

"Re(10):Gameplay vid" , posted Fri 25 Jul 06:54post reply

I hope I get a chance to play this, 'cause I really want a chance to play as Casshan.

Iggy
8588th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Gameplay vid" , posted Sat 26 Jul 17:40post reply

pictures

interview

It's the Tatsunoko that asked Capcom to make a game, not the other way around. Let's hope it will turn out OK...

Seija
3157th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Gameplay vid" , posted Sun 27 Jul 02:53post reply

Update on my rant.

I don't think I said this already, but I'm already looking forward to this game. This is weird considering that I never liked the "Versus" games. Wish I saw more "Tatsunoko" series, but oh well.

It would take a miracle for this game to be released in America or in the west for that matter to the average resident. (The key word here is "average" now.) This game is in Copyright Hell at this point. Hate to say it, but it's true.

The PS3 will most likely have this game in the end. I think the PS2 has a shot also. (If Microsoft wanted to, it could be on the 360 as well.) I just can't imagine this on the Wii because unless you are able to use the retro controller, there's no way the game can be playable on it.

Capcom did a three button layout before and it worked well. However, for a game like this, a four button layout is better. The game does need more variety. It isn't going to be really simple like in "Pocket Fighter's" case (the game with the three button layout). I personally would have wanted a five button layout, but eh.

The Kobun are there, but where's Tron? While we're at it, are there any other stages at this point? It'd be amusing if I see Gan eating onigiri all the time and Edge watching over the fight or something.

I tell you. If they bring in Haggar, Blues and anyone from "Breath of Fire", this game would be more insane than ever. Ha ha ha!

quote:
Ryu has his step kick from third strike and he can combo it into his Shinkuu-Hadoken. A lot of players were turtling around and doing chip damage with his Shinkuu, doesn't seem like it can be countered.

I will have to keep this in mind, seeing that I am going to pick him early on to get a proper feel of the game.

quote:
Chunli's got her super from MvC1, the one in the air where she kicks the opponent, the screen goes blank and four phonetic Kanji symbols appear. Very cool, especially with the way the camera zooms in to her, thanks to the game being 3D.

This is the third or fourth game to have this? Now, it zooms in on her? Nice!

quote:
The supers don't seem to come out instantaneously after the screen blacks out, so you need to combo it, otherwise the opponent can guard. In fact, if you're too close, your opponent can hit you with a weak and stop you from pulling out your move even after the screen blacks out. I've seen it happen with Tekkaman and a few others. Maybe this will be changed but I guess it makes sense, considering that comboing is supposed to be the way that the game is played.

I hope this does get changed. I wouldn't want to see stocks be wasted for nothing. Never the less, you never cease to amaze me Hakase.

quote:

Yup.

quote:

3. As much as I like Batsu, I'd prefer Akira, Edge, or even Boman to be the representative character (Really though, I just want a new Justice Gakuen that looks and plays like this).

1. This roster isn't complete yet. So, be patient. They have to be there anyway.

2. They should be able to? The game's too good to be in the same level as the Korean version of "2001". XP

3. They're choosing the main characters pretty much or at least, close to main characters. Akira would have been a lovely choice, but my concern is that she would have a hard time putting up with those insane beams and what have you. I think that's what Capcom was thinking too.

(On a side note, though it is a bit off topic, I want to play "Jakuniku Gakuen"! I could have sworn that there is a "Jakuniku Gakuen II"! Why haven't I done this already?!)

にょにょにょ。

Iggy
8589th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Gameplay vid" , posted Sun 27 Jul 04:13post reply

quote:
my rant, I don't, I said, I'm already, I never liked, Wish I saw, (I) Hate, I think, I just can't, I personally would, I tell you, Ha ha ha!, I will have to, I am going to, I hope, I wouldn't, I like, I'd prefer, my concern, I think, I want to, I could, I done

You'll never be the center of attention. Nobody loves you, and you will die alone.

Nate
948th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Gameplay vid" , posted Sun 27 Jul 07:06post reply

quote:

You'll never be the center of attention. Nobody loves you, and you will die alone.

Iggy TAKE ME NOW.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

ONSLAUGHT
3719th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Gameplay vid" , posted Sun 27 Jul 12:16post reply

quote:

Iggy TAKE ME NOW.

Don't listen to them Bata Kunt, we would love to hear more about your wonderful feelings and awesome otaku life. Also, I think the message board doesn't have enough of your private messages.

Truly yours

ONSY

Iron D
2934th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Gameplay vid" , posted Sun 27 Jul 15:31post reply

quote:
Update on my rant.

I don't think I said this already, but I'm already looking forward to this game. This is weird considering that I never liked the "Versus" games. Wish I saw more "Tatsunoko" series, but oh well.

It would take a miracle for this game to be released in America or in the west for that matter to the average resident. (The key word here is "average" now.) This game is in Copyright Hell at this point. Hate to say it, but it's true.

The PS3 will most likely have this game in the end. I think the PS2 has a shot also. (If Microsoft wanted to, it could be on the 360 as well.) I just can't imagine this on the Wii because unless you are able to use the retro controller, there's no way the game can be playable on it.

Capcom did a three button layout before and it worked well. However, for a game like this, a four button layout is better. The game does need more variety. It isn't going to be really simple like in "Pocket Fighter's" case (the game with the three button layout). I personally would have wanted a five button layout, but eh.

The Kobun are there, but where's Tron? While we're at it, are there any other stages at this point? It'd be amusing if I see Gan eating onigiri all the time and Edge watching over the fight or something.

I tell you. If they bring in Haggar, Blues and anyone from "Breath of Fire", this game would be more insane than ever. Ha ha ha!

I will have to keep this in mind, seeing that I am going to pick him early on to get a proper feel of the game.

This is the third or fourth game to have this? Now, it zooms in on her? Nice!

I hope this does get changed. I wouldn't want to see stocks be wasted for nothing. Never the less, you never cease to amaze me Hakase.

Yup.

3. As much as I like Batsu, I'd prefer Akira, Edge, or even Boman to be the representative character (Really though, I just want a new Justice Gakuen that looks and plays like this).

1. This roster isn't complete yet. So, be patient. They have to be there anyway.

2. They should be able to? The game's too good to be in the same level as the Korean version of "2001". XP

3. They're choosing the main characters pretty much or at least, close to main characters. Akira would have been a lovely choice, but my concern is that she would have a hard time putting up with those insane beams and what have you. I think that's what Capcom was thinking too.

(On a side note, though it is a bit off topic, I want to play "Jakuniku Gakuen"! I could have sworn that there is a "Jakuniku Gakuen II"! Why haven't I done this already?!)

Iggy TAKE ME NOW.

Don't listen to them Bata Kunt, we would love to hear more about your wonderful feelings and awesome otaku life. Also, I think the message board doesn't have enough of your private messages.

Truly yours

ONSY

What in the bluest of blue hells just happened here?

Er.....

Toxico
4426th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Gameplay vid" , posted Mon 28 Jul 06:58post reply

quote:

What in the bluest of blue hells just happened here?

Think of it as an internet food war.

Nekros
77th Post

Occasional Customer

"Tougeki rumors and Wii version confirmed!" , posted Sun 17 Aug 20:15:post reply

From Tougeki reports, seems that Doronjo and Rockman (the ugly dash version) are confirmed in the game.

Also, on this page, we have the proof that a Wii version is in developement: http://ffl.sakura.ne.jp/rv/box1/tatsuvscap.htm

I sincerely hope to see this game on a Sony console sooner or later. Even PSP, but not the unfriendly-import Wii.

[this message was edited by Nekros on Sun 17 Aug 20:17]

sfried
204th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Tougeki rumors and Wii version confirme" , posted Sun 17 Aug 22:25post reply

quote:
I sincerely hope to see this game on a Sony console sooner or later. Even PSP, but not the unfriendly-import Wii.

Wiis are import unfriendly? I thought they were the opposite, with Freeloader and all...

Nekros
77th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Tougeki rumors and Wii version confirme" , posted Sun 17 Aug 22:38post reply

quote:

Wiis are import unfriendly? I thought they were the opposite, with Freeloader and all...

Freeloader project stopped and the latest firmware updates by Nintendo make the disc fairly useless.

TreIII
143th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Tougeki rumors and Wii version confirme" , posted Tue 19 Aug 11:18post reply

quote:

Freeloader project stopped and the latest firmware updates by Nintendo make the disc fairly useless.

Freeloader is fine...as long you don't update the firmware, and keep using the "double boot" method to block any/all updates that may be included on discs. I just used my FL to play Wario Land Shake recently, and looking forward to Captain Rainbow in a few weeks.

Barring that, Twilight Hack and Homebrew Channel are your friends. Geckoloader includes a free Region-free program that's even better than FL's (because it can get continually updated), and the Homebrewn scene has been able to defeat Nintendo's "efforts" easily enough.

Really, the Wii is fairly easy to import for. I honestly had more difficulty putting tape n tissue in Slim PS2! XD

Nekros
83th Post

Occasional Customer

"New faces footage" , posted Fri 22 Aug 21:56post reply

Rockman in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adMiaDbYUdA

New trailer with both Rock and Doronjo:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=j9c66-giDto

Cool ^_^

Grave
1114th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):New faces footage" , posted Fri 22 Aug 23:51post reply

MML Megaman?! Amazing! Crazy as it is, with all the developments in the last year, I don't think I hate Capcom anymore.

Iggy
8615th Post

"Re(2):New faces footage" , posted Sat 23 Aug 17:44post reply

We love Doronjo !

Burning Ranger
1572th Post

"Theory" , posted Thu 28 Aug 20:25post reply

http://www.capcom-unity.com/kramez/blog/2008/08/27/tatsunoko_vs_capcom_it_teases_you_with_mega_man_legends

Don't expect this game to come to US arcades, according to this Capcom blog post. Not surprising since many arcades in the US are dead or outdated.

I have a theory. TvC might come out for a console, but I think, given the rumblings out there, that they'll use the engine for MvC3, which will be targeted to US audiences.

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

Tai-Pan
281th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Theory" , posted Thu 28 Aug 20:35post reply

quote:

I have a theory. TvC might come out for a console, but I think, given the rumblings out there, that they'll use the engine for MvC3, which will be targeted to US audiences.

They can't use Marvel characters anymore =(

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Iggy
8617th Post

"Re(2):Theory" , posted Thu 28 Aug 20:50post reply

quote:

But Marvel said they were open to it. The only problem is that the rights are at Activision right now, but they won't stay there forever.

From a Capcom point of view, the release of this game with the Tatsunoko half of the cast replaced by Marvel characters would not only allow it to be released in the states, but also to be re-released in Japan brand new for only a fraction of the development cost of a real new game. If Japan buys it (and by "it" I mean at least the Tatsunoko version, the Marvel half would be nothing but a bonus at this point) it could be a good way to build a healthy series around it, and maybe even to make the other Capcom studios stop joking about it and begin to lend actually interesting characters to the franchise.

Cain Highwind
786th Post

"Re(3):Theory" , posted Fri 29 Aug 08:37post reply

quote:

But Marvel said they were open to it. The only problem is that the rights are at Activision right now, but they won't stay there forever.

From a Capcom point of view, the release of this game with the Tatsunoko half of the cast replaced by Marvel characters would not only allow it to be released in the states, but also to be re-released in Japan brand new for only a fraction of the development cost of a real new game. If Japan buys it (and by "it" I mean at least the Tatsunoko version, the Marvel half would be nothing but a bonus at this point) it could be a good way to build a healthy series around it, and maybe even to make the other Capcom studios stop joking about it and begin to lend actually interesting characters to the franchise.

Yeah I can totally see them doing this, as they're always talking about being financially efficient during development (at least Inafune does).

Marvel isn't just open to it, they practically confirmed it at Comic Con last month that it's coming "sooner than we think"

TreIII
144th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Theory" , posted Fri 29 Aug 12:29post reply

quote:
Marvel isn't just open to it, they practically confirmed it at Comic Con last month that it's coming "sooner than we think"

Yeah! Instead of "never", it's now moved to the realm of "remote possibility"! XD

Seriously, as long as Marvel is doing just fine with their various movie franchises and tie-ins with Activision, they have no real reason to be concerned with collaborating with Capcom just yet.

And likewise, thanks to their new BFFs at Tatsunoko, Capcom can afford to bide their time, and utilize TC and SF4 as means to help (re)establish their arcade gaming presence.

In short...MvC3 may eventually come, but certainly not before either party is ready to even consider such a thing.

Gojira
2431th Post

"Re(5):Theory" , posted Fri 29 Aug 13:18post reply

It's funny because there's a SF4 interview where Ono was asked what other series he'd like to revive and his first answer was "Marvel vs. Capcom." Though to be fair I think the interview came from SDCC. Still, it's the closest thing I've heard to confirmation from Capcom's side.

shipoopi

Variable Savior
443th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Theory" , posted Fri 29 Aug 13:54post reply

quote:

Seriously, as long as Marvel is doing just fine with their various movie franchises and tie-ins with Activision, they have no real reason to be concerned with collaborating with Capcom just yet.

But exactly how much collaboration would Marvel have to do with a new MvC game? Admittedly I don't really know how these things work but doesn't Marvel just take Capcom's money (and possibly a portion of the games sales) for the right to use their intellectual properties? If that's the case they can give Capcom the green light, cash the check, and let them do the majority (if not all) of the work.

I guess Marvel might be expected to pony up some dough for development costs etc but I can't see them doing that with every licensed piece of crap they've got out there. Anyone have any insight on this (i.e. business majors)?

Blood marks heaven's path

Iron D
2966th Post

"Re(6):Theory" , posted Fri 29 Aug 15:01post reply

People keep mentioning that Activision already has the Marvel license...as if it's not possible for more than one company to have the Marvel license. But Capcom, Sega and Konami all had the Marvel license simultaneously in the early to mid-90's.

Unless copyright law has changed since then I don't see why it couldn't happen again.

Er.....

RSJ
796th Post

"Re(3):Theory" , posted Sat 30 Aug 00:07post reply

quote:

To hell with Marvel.
If there has to be a US ONLY companion to TatsVS. it should be CAPCOM VS. CARTOON NETWORK.

In fact, screw Capcom characters altogether! I want to see Lightern vs. Megas!! XD

Iron D
2967th Post

"Re(4):Theory" , posted Sat 30 Aug 00:53post reply

quote:

To hell with Marvel.
If there has to be a US ONLY companion to TatsVS. it should be CAPCOM VS. CARTOON NETWORK.

Only if it were classic Cartoon Network. Current Cartoon Network is shit.

Er.....

dr baghead
3775th Post

"Re(4):Theory" , posted Sat 30 Aug 01:56post reply

quote:
CAPCOM VS. CARTOON NETWORK

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

YOU FOOL DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU'VE DONE?!?!

Who owns DC Comics? TIME-WARNER!
Who owns Cartoon Network? TIME-WARNER!
Who agreed to put their characters in a Mortal Kombat game? TIME-WARNER!
Ergo if Time-Warner was going to put their characters into a fighting game who would make it? MIDWAY!

Now that you've put the idea out there in the universe if Capcom Vs (can't spell the Japanese animation studio's name) does well 10 years from now we'll be treated to "Mortal Kombat Vs Cartoon Network" where they excluded Adult-Swim characters like Brock Sampson and Killface who would make sense in the game (seriously, no Lobo in MKvDC yet?!) since they're not "Cartoon Network" branded but rather "Adult Swim"

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)
my silly little drawin's

nobinobita
390th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):Theory" , posted Sat 30 Aug 02:51post reply

To hell with Marvel.
If there has to be a US ONLY companion to TatsVS. it should be CAPCOM VS. FOOD NETWORK.

In fact, screw Capcom characters altogether! I want to see Lightern vs. Alton Brown!! XD

(i really would like to see this)

Cain Highwind
788th Post

"New Trailer" , posted Wed 3 Sep 13:54:post reply

On Nico

or

Youtube

Whatever you prefer.

[this message was edited by Cain Highwind on Wed 3 Sep 13:55]

Nekros
91th Post

Occasional Customer

"2 new fighters" , posted Fri 12 Sep 18:15:post reply

http://m.pic.to/pzvhw-2-7cd7.jpg

http://m.pic.to/pzvhw-2-7cd7.jpg

Apparently, Karas and some Lost Planet mecha added to the roster.
WTF Lost Planet.... Kikaioh or Cyberbots suits better imho, that's a strange choice.

[this message was edited by Nekros on Fri 12 Sep 18:17]

Iggy
8635th Post

"Re(1):2 new fighters" , posted Fri 12 Sep 21:18:post reply

That's great news !
A few thoughts and bits :

Lost Planet, like Onimusha and Rockman, is produced by Inafune. On one hand, other Inafune series (Basara, which gets a new PSP game by the way) are more and more likely to appear ; on the other, it is very possible that several producers, such as Kobayashi, said "NO", stucking the team with lesser known franchises.
Another possibility is that Lost Planet is a much more popular license in the US and Europe than in Japan. This might mean that they are indeed thinking of releasing the game overseas (possibly by replacing the Tatsunoko half of the staff).

Both mechas (PTX-40A and Lantern) are playable. The result is far from stellar, both for the one who plays them and the one who has to fight them. But at least it's there. PTX-40A vs Lantern is very amusing to watch.

Also,
Karas require its special line of copyright (like Strider and (c) Moto Kikaku), which hasn't appeared until the AM Show leak. This means they will only show them when the character is unveiled, which opens new possibilities (if only, Stirder).

And most of all...

THE SELECTION SCREEN NOW HAS TWO ROWS !

We need a screenshot to be sure, but there is suddenly much more space for new characters.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 12 Sep 21:23]

Zepy
1496th Post

"Re(2):2 new fighters" , posted Fri 12 Sep 22:32post reply

Now that I think of it, I wonder if God Hand will appear or if Capcom wishes to forget that Clover ever existed.

whitesword
1630th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):2 new fighters" , posted Sat 13 Sep 00:40:post reply

quote:

WTF Lost Planet.... Kikaioh or Cyberbots suits better imho, that's a strange choice.

Please don't refer to general mecha as "suits", it makes me sad :(

Also, PTX-40A (a.k.a Ivan) from Lost Planet fits better here, since it's very small (less than 5 meters) compared to the 18~55 meter monstrosities from Kikaioh and Cyberbots.

quote:

Both mechas (PTX-40A and Lantern) are playable. The result is far from stellar, both for the one who plays them and the one who has to fight them. But at least it's there. PTX-40A vs Lantern is very amusing to watch.

Lightan...it's Gold Lightan

/nitpicking

[this message was edited by whitesword on Sat 13 Sep 07:46]

Toxico
4443th Post

"Re(2):2 new fighters" , posted Sat 13 Sep 01:15post reply

quote:
Another possibility is that Lost Planet is a much more popular license in the US and Europe than in Japan. This might mean that they are indeed thinking of releasing the game overseas (possibly by replacing the Tatsunoko half of the staff).

From the company standview point, aren't these big names to promote? According to wikipedia, Karas was produced for a Tatsunoko aniverssary and Lost Planet was a big seller outside of japan, and has contract for an american live action movie.

Spoon
1615th Post

"Re(3):2 new fighters" , posted Sat 13 Sep 02:53post reply

quote:

Please don't refer to general mecha as "suits", it makes me sad :(

Maybe when he said "suits" he was using the verb "to suit", but forgot the "it".

whitesword
1629th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):2 new fighters" , posted Sat 13 Sep 04:01post reply

quote:

Maybe when he said "suits" he was using the verb "to suit", but forgot the "it".

That seems more probable, and at the same time less rage-inducing! It also shows why grammar is such a nice thing!

Now where are my Star Gladiator characters!? It was Capcom's first 3D fighting game, it would be an outrage if they forgot it...OUTRAGE!

Nekros
91th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):2 new fighters" , posted Sat 13 Sep 05:59post reply

quote:

That seems more probable, and at the same time less rage-inducing! It also shows why grammar is such a nice thing!

Yes, it was the verb, forgive my bad grammar. My English is very rusted since I don't use it often (only to write on the boards or when I travel abroad).
I mean that Kikaioh or Cyberbots are mecha from fighting games so they could are used in the game for a better gameplay feedback.
I never played Lost Planet (I hate shooters) so I didn't know the Ivan was more similar to a big armor than a "real" anime robot. It has sense, after all ^^

btw, it is rumored the cast will include 20-22 fighters.

Count Hihihi
105th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):2 new fighters" , posted Sat 13 Sep 07:11post reply

quote:

Star Gladiator characters

I think there will only be one, if any. I hope it's not Hayato.

TreIII
145th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):2 new fighters" , posted Sat 13 Sep 12:51post reply

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg49/TreIII/TC.jpg

Two rows confirmed.

chazumaru
623th Post

"Re(3):2 new fighters" , posted Sat 13 Sep 16:54post reply

Thanks Tre, great news. Although I am always worried when a first entry begins with more than 15~20 characters...

quote:

Lightan...it's Gold Lightan

Going by Iggy's history of nefarious voluntary mis-spelling (Nejibako→Negibako), I think you are falling in his trap.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Iggy
8636th Post

"Re(4):2 new fighters" , posted Sat 13 Sep 18:08post reply

quote:
Going by Iggy's history of nefarious voluntary mis-spelling (Nejibako→Negibako), I think you are falling in his trap.

Hey ! Stop spreading rumors like this ! I was just too lazy to even check what the japanese name was.

I want to see room for 4 more characters each side. Some see 6, but that would be too good to be true. I have no idea what Tatsunoko character they could use now that Doronjo and Karas, my two favourite, are there.

On the Capcom side, who could they choose ? If we follow the Inafune route, that could leave us with Basara, Dead Rising, maybe a character from another Rockman series (Zero, EXE, Ryûsei ?)... Or another forgotten character from a dead series, like someone from Powerstone, Star Gladiator or BoF... And of course Strider and someone from MH.

Count Hihihi
106th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):2 new fighters" , posted Sat 13 Sep 18:52post reply

quote:

On the Capcom side, who could they choose ? If we follow the Inafune route, that could leave us with Basara, Dead Rising, maybe a character from another Rockman series (Zero, EXE, Ryûsei ?)... Or another forgotten character from a dead series, like someone from Powerstone, Star Gladiator or BoF... And of course Strider and someone from MH.

Now that you mentioned it, I'm pretty sure someone or something from MH is going to be in the game.

I'm hoping that Sanshiro from Kurenai Sanshiro will appear on the Tatsunoko side.

Nekros
92th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):2 new fighters" , posted Sat 13 Sep 19:37post reply

quote:

I want to see room for 4 more characters each side. Some see 6, but that would be too good to be true. I have no idea what Tatsunoko character they could use now that Doronjo and Karas, my two favourite, are there.

Mmhh, I don't know well Tatsunoko animes so I can't debate about future choises.
On the Capcom side I seriously hope NOT to include any more Inafune-related char. Some Mikami product, like Dante/Nero or a RE character (Wesker is not bad in a fighting game, imho) would be better. Or, as Iggy says, some obscure character form Powerstone, BOF, Star Gladiator...even Warzard. And Viewtiful Joe would be very cool against Polymar, but I seriously doubt they will add him.

sfried
219th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):2 new fighters" , posted Sat 13 Sep 20:36:post reply

quote:

I'm willing to bet 10 bucks they will use this opportunity to insert "Nathan" Rad Spencer in the line up to draw new audiences to his franchise, similar to what they did with Vader and The Aprentice in Soul Calibur.

[this message was edited by sfried on Sat 13 Sep 20:38]

chazumaru
624th Post

"Re(7):2 new fighters" , posted Sat 13 Sep 23:45post reply

Wow, I had never thought about Bionic Commando. I don't care much about the series but the original guy with TVC graphics and "Capcom Spiderman"-like gameplay would be really cool and fit the . doubt we'll see anything Mikami/Clover-related.

Also, going by the roster's track record, those who expect Strider will get one dude from Forgotten Worlds, and those who ask for Arthur will get Amingo.

Videos of the latest loke:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGOZXTmtCQk&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GYbEb8359U&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXkEyJ3Y8fI&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtbUa4kqYdA&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKLR6QI8Hsg&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao-QWVOqyu0&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eRKPH82MME&fmt=18

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Spoon
1617th Post

"Re(7):2 new fighters" , posted Sun 14 Sep 01:31:post reply

quote:

I'm willing to bet 10 bucks they will use this opportunity to insert "Nathan" Rad Spencer in the line up to draw new audiences to his franchise, similar to what they did with Vader and The Aprentice in Soul Calibur.

I was talking about this exact thing with my friends some weeks ago while playing BCR! But then I became worried that instead of Rad Spencer, they'd put in the new guy with the dreadlocky do (promotion of the new game, after all).

When they asked me how he would jump, my answer was that the springing blocks would magically appear beneath his feet, obviously!

[this message was edited by Spoon on Sun 14 Sep 01:31]

Red Falcon
6047th Post

"Re(6):2 new fighters" , posted Sun 14 Sep 06:17post reply

quote:

I have no idea what Tatsunoko character they could use now that Doronjo and Karas, my two favourite, are there.

Mokku! Mokkuuuu! All of his moves would involve bad things happening to him. He'd have to have a bunch of soldiers pop out and shoot him for one of his supers.

Spoon
1617th Post

"Re(8):2 new fighters" , posted Sun 14 Sep 16:18post reply

quote:

Also, going by the roster's track record, those who expect Strider will get one dude from Forgotten Worlds, and those who ask for Arthur will get Amingo.

So if I ask for Ruby Heart, will I also get Amingo?

Actually, what happens if I ask for Amingo? I really liked him.

Zepy
1497th Post

"Re(8):2 new fighters" , posted Sun 14 Sep 23:50post reply

quote:

Does that mean I can start hoping that Princess Tiara from Gaia Master will appear!

Iggy
8637th Post

"Re(9):2 new fighters" , posted Mon 15 Sep 17:59post reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF1h2NvoKKU&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaDD5EqheQo&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI9jC35xc6E&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdnwVbzh58M&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2JtInrOKDg&fmt=18

I'm starting to like the game A LOT.

HAYATO
879th Post

"Re(10):2 new fighters" , posted Tue 16 Sep 06:04post reply

Wow, Karas' latest addition to the roster was great news to me, since I gave up my hopes for his inclusion long ago. If they added Strider in the end, then we'd be getting really interesting...

I second the inclusion of some Warzard&Star Gladiator chars, they would look pretty neat and would be great matches for some Tatsunoko creations...

And about Viewtiful Joe... yeah, I'm quite shocked he didn't pass the cut already (but, judging by the mood of the game, he looks like a perfect addition though)...

TreIII
146th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):2 new fighters" , posted Tue 16 Sep 07:21post reply

quote:
Wow, Karas' latest addition to the roster was great news to me, since I gave up my hopes for his inclusion long ago.

I dunno, but I was pretty much certain that they were going to include Karas.

After all, he and his series were the ones that heralded Tatsunoko's 40th anniversary milestone. You leave him out, and you do little credit to showcase just how long-lasting Tatsu has been.

Plus, he's like one of very few "new-age" brands that that Tatsunoko has made within the last few years. Might as well give something that today's kiddies could relate to, right?

quote:
And about Viewtiful Joe... yeah, I'm quite shocked he didn't pass the cut already (but, judging by the mood of the game, he looks like a perfect addition though)...

Agreed.

Of course, on the other hand, part of me wonders if they may pass Joe up, so that Gene the God Hand may get in, instead.

Yeah, he may not be the most popular addition to the Capcom roster in the last few years, but the underground appeal he has in Japan and elsewhere (as well as the tongue-in-cheek humor about the game itself) may be enough to have given him notice. And it's not like it's always been a popularity contest when it comes to Capcom's roster drafts any way.

And hey, the Evil Trio in that particular game are stated to be directly inspired by Doronjo and co. That should mean something! ^_^

Iggy
8638th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):2 new fighters" , posted Tue 16 Sep 17:50post reply

quote:
After all, he and his series were the ones that heralded Tatsunoko's 40th anniversary milestone. You leave him out, and you do little credit to showcase just how long-lasting Tatsu has been.

Yeah, but the producer said something amongst the lines of "We won't be able to use some of the most recent Tatsunoko franchises because of the rights". (Even in Japan !)
Everybody at the time thought he was talking of Karas, and that's why his addition now is a real surprise.

And I wouldn't hold my breath for any Clover character, really.

Ishmael
3276th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):2 new fighters" , posted Wed 17 Sep 03:03post reply

Watching those Karas videos makes me wish he was in an anime that I could watch without getting a splitting headache. Looking over the roster I've also come to the realization that the Capcom side of the roster doesn't have an unorthadox fighter. Now I'm hoping that Jack from Power Stone makes the cut.

HAYATO
880th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):2 new fighters" , posted Wed 17 Sep 05:52post reply

quote:
Watching those Karas videos makes me wish he was in an anime that I could watch without getting a splitting headache. Looking over the roster I've also come to the realization that the Capcom side of the roster doesn't have an unorthadox fighter. Now I'm hoping that Jack from Power Stone makes the cut.

This game screams for Norimaro's comeback...

TreIII
148th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):2 new fighters" , posted Wed 17 Sep 08:02:post reply

quote:
Yeah, but the producer said something amongst the lines of "We won't be able to use some of the most recent Tatsunoko franchises because of the rights". (Even in Japan !)
Everybody at the time thought he was talking of Karas, and that's why his addition now is a real surprise.

EHHHHHHH?!

Last I heard, the producer just stated that they wanted to use the older characters because that was what Tatsunoko "personally preferred".

Is there really that much in the way of "rights" situation for some of those later brands?

I'm familiar with the likes of Kyatto Ninden and Komugi, and their situations. But I would have thought that the likes of Mospeada, Southern Cross and Shulato would be fine enough,especially since Artmic doesn't exist any more, and the rights seemed to just default back to Tatsu solely.

quote:

And I wouldn't hold my breath for any Clover character, really.

I'm at LEAST expecting Viewtiful Joe. Guy had quite a number of games, a 50 episode anime series, and was voiced by Tomokazu Seki in Japan. Joe definitely did have a good sized period of fame for a while, before Capcom basically worked against him by force-feeding us too many games in a short period of time, and a lot of the latter being lackluster, at that.

All that, plus he's probably the ONE of few Capcom characters that compliments the Tatsunoko bunch better than most others. That would seem to do a lot to swing things in his favor, in my opinion.

And hey, if nothing else, if his inclusion goes over well and generates hype, maybe he, just like Rockman Trigger, could eventually stand to have a REAL 3rd game some day... ^_^

EDIT:
Confirmed for Wii (and only for Wii) in this week's Famitsu.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg49/TreIII/2chthisweek.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg49/TreIII/uporg1675121.jpg

Will be released 12/11, and the Genie from Hakushan Daimaoh is confirmed.

[this message was edited by TreIII on Wed 17 Sep 13:38]

Iggy
8639th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):2 new fighters" , posted Wed 17 Sep 18:13post reply

quote:
Is there really that much in the way of "rights" situation for some of those later brands?

Maybe he was doing his Dr Obvious and refering to the likes of Eva and Macross ? Shurato was considered pretty unlikely too, but I don't remember why.

Also, Hakushan Daimaoh is a Wii-exclusive character.

Juan
4480th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):2 new fighters" , posted Wed 17 Sep 20:50post reply

quote:
the Genie from Hakushan Daimaoh is confirmed.

so if you sneeze do you automatically win against him?

Toxico
4447th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):2 new fighters" , posted Wed 17 Sep 23:53post reply

quote:

Will be released 12/11, and the Genie from Hakushan Daimaoh is confirmed.

I really hope that the annoying brat shows up in the moves or victory poses