Battle Fantasia - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1917 Views )

Grave
1081th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Battle Fantasia" , posted Wed 2 Jul 07:21post reply

Is anyone playing it? Anyone at all? I'm lonely.

Replies:

Red Falcon
6021th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Battle Fantasia" , posted Wed 2 Jul 10:44:post reply

quote:

Yes, it's a great game! You aren't alone, it's very well constructed and comparatively well balanced (Ashley's infinite is extremely situational, if you care enough I'll explain the setup for it... without going in deeper, it's only off a high gatchi-drive when spaced very carefully near the corner) Personally I'm a Deathbringer and Donvalve player.

Best site EVER:Link Here

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Wed 2 Jul 10:46]

Pollyanna
2523th Post

"Re(2):Battle Fantasia" , posted Wed 2 Jul 14:09post reply

I got it for PS3, but I haven't put much time into it. I like it much more than I thought I would, though! I mean, I had almost no interest at all until I played the demo and then I was sold.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Grave
1083th Post

"Re(2):Battle Fantasia" , posted Wed 2 Jul 14:11:post reply

quote:
Yes, it's a great game! You aren't alone, it's very well constructed and comparatively well balanced (Ashley's infinite is extremely situational, if you care enough I'll explain the setup for it... without going in deeper, it's only off a high gatchi-drive when spaced very carefully near the corner) Personally I'm a Deathbringer and Donvalve player.

Yes! I would love to hear more. Besides a few match videos I found, I haven't been able to talk or learn much about this game, but I'm having a lot of fun. I like Freed and Ashley a lot so far. I'm Drakee on PSN, Pollyanna, hit me up if you want to play sometime! Knowing RugalFalcon I wouldn't be surprised if you had the Type X version, but if you're playing the PS3 version as well, let's get on that!

I really wish Arc would make more games that aren't wacky GG-y airdash madness, because they're pretty good at it! It's so simple, relatively, but so much fun. A breath of fresh air!

[this message was edited by Grave on Wed 2 Jul 14:13]

Iron D
2909th Post

"Re(3):Battle Fantasia" , posted Wed 2 Jul 18:06post reply

Looked up some Youtube vids, and the game certainly does look fun. I'm just annoyed with seeing yet ANOTHER high pitched female who yaps too much and for no reason yells "OH YEAH" in the middle of attacking, but then again this is a Japan developed fighting game.

Deathbringer and Face both look pretty tight.

Er.....

Nate
938th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Battle Fantasia" , posted Wed 2 Jul 23:54post reply

I like Odile and Dokurod!

...no, I haven't played the game but I finally got to see them in a match and they're awesome.

Does this game really allow for crazy long combos like in Guilty Gear? No match vid has indicated as such. I'd like it better if it didn't.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Grave
1084th Post

"Re(2):Battle Fantasia" , posted Thu 3 Jul 00:30post reply

quote:
I like Odile and Dokurod!

...no, I haven't played the game but I finally got to see them in a match and they're awesome.

Does this game really allow for crazy long combos like in Guilty Gear? No match vid has indicated as such. I'd like it better if it didn't.

I really do love all of the characters. The atmosphere and general style remind me of Power Stone for some reason (despite not being very much like Power Stone) and that might have something to do with that. Fuuuck, I want Power Stone to get ported to PS3 or 360! Anyway, uh, no, the game seems relatively sane! Barring stuff like the infinites that I don't know anything about yet, the game seems pretty well grounded in the non-crazy!

I hope when (if?) it gets a US release this year it gains a bit of a larger English-speaking fanbase.

Pollyanna
2526th Post

"Re(3):Battle Fantasia" , posted Mon 7 Jul 09:41post reply

quote:

Yes! I would love to hear more. Besides a few match videos I found, I haven't been able to talk or learn much about this game, but I'm having a lot of fun. I like Freed and Ashley a lot so far. I'm Drakee on PSN, Pollyanna, hit me up if you want to play sometime! Knowing RugalFalcon I wouldn't be surprised if you had the Type X version, but if you're playing the PS3 version as well, let's get on that!

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I'll add you on PSN, although I have no idea how any of this stuff works. I'd love to play against you sometime, even though I have no idea how to play the game. I've just been horrifically busy lately.

In reference to what people were saying about combos...not only can you not do crazy chains, the timing is a bit harsh as well. It's kind of like 3rd Strike in a way. I mean, I wouldn't explicitly say the two are alike, but if I had to compare it to anything, I think SF3 would be the game.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Grave
1089th Post

"Re(4):Battle Fantasia" , posted Mon 7 Jul 11:09post reply

Hooray! I'm not too good at this either, and I haven't touched it since MGS4 came out, so we're probably about even!

Grave
1092th Post

"US version = 360 only... for now?" , posted Wed 9 Jul 08:01post reply

Since more than half the posts in this thread have been by me, I figure I'll keep going with this! Aksys announced they'll be releasing the 360 version of the game in the US in the fall, no word about the PS3 version. Not that it's a terrible issue since those who want it can (and probably did) import it, but I find this to be a distressing trend with Aksys. Shikigami no Shiro III for Wii, but no 360 version in the US? Some folks at NeoGAF say it's an issue of waiting til they can say what's up with the PS version. We'll see, I guess. I wouldn't mind to play this in English, and I'll likely have a 360 by then, but that d-pad will still be crap.

Red Falcon
6027th Post

"Re(1):US version = 360 only... for now?" , posted Wed 9 Jul 11:31:post reply

Which version do you have now, Grave? I'll try to snag it...

Edit: Oh wait, stupid question. PS 3. Okay...

Best site EVER:Link Here

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Wed 9 Jul 11:31]

Grave
1094th Post

"Re(2):US version = 360 only... for now?" , posted Wed 9 Jul 11:57post reply

Yes! I played a little bit more again today and I need to learn exciting things. Come to me, RugalFalcon and Pollywog! I don't really know if anyone else at the Cafe has a PS3... I don't really know if anyone else has a PS3 at all! I found someone new to play with at Kotaku today, so I may officially be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Well, I didn't go sign up for a GameFAQs account yet, at least.

End of Spoiler

exodus
4139th Post

"Re(3):US version = 360 only... for now?" , posted Thu 10 Jul 02:15post reply

I am waiting for U.S. 360 version. I'm lazy these days! plus it'll be so much cheaper. hard to argue with those two things...

Grave
1096th Post

"Re(4):US version = 360 only... for now?" , posted Thu 10 Jul 06:01post reply

quote:
I am waiting for U.S. 360 version. I'm lazy these days! plus it'll be so much cheaper. hard to argue with those two things...

Think they'll cut the price to below $60? I got the PS3 version for $60 even, no shipping or tax (or pesky $1.70 train rides), which kinda beats getting games at GameStop or BB for me! But yeah, I'll probably get on board for that version as well so I can gay it up with Ashley on both platforms.

exodus
4144th Post

"Re(5):US version = 360 only... for now?" , posted Thu 10 Jul 06:33post reply

quote:
Think they'll cut the price to below $60? I got the PS3 version for $60 even, no shipping or tax (or pesky $1.70 train rides), which kinda beats getting games at GameStop or BB for me! But yeah, I'll probably get on board for that version as well so I can gay it up with Ashley on both platforms.

I'd be surprised if it were over $40...their audience is limited. although, some folks charge more for limited audience titles, because they know the fans will buy it regardless of price. this doesn't have a following though, so I figure maybe cheaper.