Anyone cafers here live in Dubai? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1632 Views )

crazymike
1452th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Any cafers here live in Dubai?" , posted Tue 24 Jun 09:00:post reply

Or have lived there or know someone who works in the UAE? My curiosity has been sparked lately about the possibility of seeking a job there as there are no income taxes and I've always wanted to visit and work in a foreign nation and it seems very attractive with all the new infrastructure amid the desert environment, plus such a diverse work force from all around the world. I would love to be able to work there for a few years, save my money and come back and buy a house here in the US or start my own business.

My career is graphic design and browsing around I do see quite a bit of jobs in that area online, but wondering if anyone could give me advice about living there, what kind of cost I can expect to have a decent apartment, cultural differences, etc.?

Also what kind of experience? I graduated in December but have had a whirlwind of decent big name clients last 6 months doing freelance but still don't have that coveted salary job which is another reason I am thinking of moving.

[this message was edited by crazymike on Tue 24 Jun 09:00]

Replies:

Digitalboy
545th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Any cafers here live in Dubai?" , posted Wed 25 Jun 21:53post reply

Liberal Muslim Countries.

The last time I visted the UAE was late 1999. That was a while back. Now I am in another liberal Muslim country.

Dubai is growing city, many new buildings are being erected.

There are good things about Dubai and there are bad.

So which one do you want to know?

In fact, what is your e-mail address?
quote:
Or have lived there or know someone who works in the UAE? My curiosity has been sparked lately about the possibility of seeking a job there as there are no income taxes and I've always wanted to visit and work in a foreign nation and it seems very attractive with all the new infrastructure amid the desert environment, plus such a diverse work force from all around the world. I would love to be able to work there for a few years, save my money and come back and buy a house here in the US or start my own business.

My career is graphic design and browsing around I do see quite a bit of jobs in that area online, but wondering if anyone could give me advice about living there, what kind of cost I can expect to have a decent apartment, cultural differences, etc.?

Also what kind of experience? I graduated in December but have had a whirlwind of decent big name clients last 6 months doing freelance but still don't have that coveted salary job which is another reason I am thinking of moving.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

crazymike
1452th Post

"Re(2):Any cafers here live in Dubai?" , posted Wed 25 Jun 22:42post reply

michael_in_ba@yahoo.com

thanks digitalboy, don't want to spam up the board with back-and-forth questions.

As for first question though, I guess what would be the best way of finding a job? There are alot of agencies online but I read alot of them are scams who take your money and never post your resume anywhere?

Digitalboy
546th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Any cafers here live in Dubai?" , posted Thu 26 Jun 01:07post reply

I sent you an e-mail with the subject line marked "DIGITAL."

I don't know how to live

badoor
33th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):Any cafers here live in Dubai?" , posted Thu 26 Jun 03:26post reply

I am currently living in Sharjah which is very very close to dubai and I always commute to dubai a bunch of times every week. I think its a great place for an expatriate to live in, especially English speaking ones. I will send you an e-mail with the subject marked "Badoor".

Digitalboy
547th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Any cafers here live in Dubai?" , posted Thu 26 Jun 03:42post reply

Badoor your help/input will be a better contribution than mine since I am currently in Bahrain.

Badoor are you an expatriate as well?
quote:
I am currently living in Sharjah which is very very close to dubai and I always commute to dubai a bunch of times every week. I think its a great place for an expatriate to live in, especially English speaking ones. I will send you an e-mail with the subject marked "Badoor".

I don't know how to live

badoor
34th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):Any cafers here live in Dubai?" , posted Thu 26 Jun 07:21post reply

quote:
Badoor your help/input will be a better contribution than mine since I am currently in Bahrain.

Badoor are you an expatriate as well?

That was just my opinion through observation because I am actually from Saudi Arabia and currently I am studying in sharjah so I am not really an expatriate, with home being an hour of flight away and such.

crazymike
1454th Post

"Re(7):Any cafers here live in Dubai?" , posted Thu 26 Jun 09:25post reply

Hey thanks for the replies guys, amazing how there is always someone on the cafe who can help you with any country you are interested in.

Maou
1452th Post

"Re(8):Any cafers here live in Dubai?" , posted Thu 26 Jun 12:21:post reply

quote:
Hey thanks for the replies guys, amazing how there is always someone on the cafe who can help you with any country you are interested in.

Up next: Sealand!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Thu 26 Jun 12:21]

Iron D
2902th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(9):Any cafers here live in Dubai?" , posted Thu 26 Jun 16:43post reply

quote:
Up next: Sealand!

No, no, no. We must get some info from some Cafeer who lives in Transylvania!

Er.....

Oroch
1018th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Any cafers here live in Dubai?" , posted Sat 28 Jun 20:53post reply

dubai is only good for the al fakher sisha and nothing else

or maybe thats based in uae

i forget