BlazBlue US Location Test Announced!!!! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1820 Views )

repukken
47th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Rare Customer

"BlazBlue US Location Test Announced!!!!" , posted Tue 24 Jun 04:20post reply

Not sure if any of you seen this or not, but I'm soo gonna be there for this!

On behalf of Arc System Works, Aksys Games, a leading publisher of interactive entertainment products, is pleased to announce the very first Location Test Tour for BLAZBLUE (Arcade version) in America! To commemorate the tour, Aksys Games will be working with the biggest anime convention in America, to host our very first location test. The location test will last for all four days of Anime Expo®, at the console gaming room.

“ This is a very big year for fighting games, so we're very excited to be working with Arc System Works in bringing you this very rare opportunity to let U.S. gamers try out BLAZBLUE at Anime Expo®, “ said Akibo Shieh, president of Aksys Games. “If you're a fighting game fan, you owe it to yourself to come check out one of the most beautiful 2D games ever made. “

“Anime Expo® is proud and honored to have Arc System Works premier and test their latest fighting game, BLAZBLUE, in our console gaming room. In the tradition of Arc System Works’ GUILTY GEAR series, BLAZBLUE will stun with it’s amazing character designs and non stop action. Our attendees are in for a special treat!” states Anime Expo® 2008 Interactive Division Director Joe Woo.

BLAZBLUE LOCATION TEST TOUR INFO
1st Location Test

WHAT: BLAZBLUE Location Test

WHEN: July 3 – July 6
10 AM – 5 PM

WHERE: Anime Expo® 2008
Los Angeles Convention Center
Console Gaming Room

"Everytime you praise someone that they're one in a million just remember that only means there's 5000 of them in China..." -new chinese proverb

Replies:

Seija
3145th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):BlazBlue US Location Test Announced!!!!" , posted Tue 24 Jun 15:39post reply

quote:
Not sure if any of you seen this or not, but I'm soo gonna be there for this!

On behalf of Arc System Works, Aksys Games, a leading publisher of interactive entertainment products, is pleased to announce the very first Location Test Tour for BLAZBLUE (Arcade version) in America! To commemorate the tour, Aksys Games will be working with the biggest anime convention in America, to host our very first location test. The location test will last for all four days of Anime Expo®, at the console gaming room.

“ This is a very big year for fighting games, so we're very excited to be working with Arc System Works in bringing you this very rare opportunity to let U.S. gamers try out BLAZBLUE at Anime Expo®, “ said Akibo Shieh, president of Aksys Games. “If you're a fighting game fan, you owe it to yourself to come check out one of the most beautiful 2D games ever made. “

“Anime Expo® is proud and honored to have Arc System Works premier and test their latest fighting game, BLAZBLUE, in our console gaming room. In the tradition of Arc System Works’ GUILTY GEAR series, BLAZBLUE will stun with it’s amazing character designs and non stop action. Our attendees are in for a special treat!” states Anime Expo® 2008 Interactive Division Director Joe Woo.

BLAZBLUE LOCATION TEST TOUR INFO
1st Location Test

WHAT: BLAZBLUE Location Test

WHEN: July 3 – July 6
10 AM – 5 PM

WHERE: Anime Expo® 2008
Los Angeles Convention Center
Console Gaming Room

Of all places, why Anime Expo?! That is the last place you want to hold a test! You expect people to pay $25 at least just to try out the game? I don't think so!

Bring it to Arcade Infinity! You will get lots of people to go there! Now, that's a location!

にょにょにょ。

exodus
4134th Post

"Re(2):BlazBlue US Location Test Announced!!!!" , posted Tue 24 Jun 19:01post reply

yeah it's a bit odd, but I think it's less that you would pay $25 just to play blazblue, but rather they expect that folks who are already in there might want to play it.

nobinobita
370th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):BlazBlue US Location Test Announced!!!!" , posted Tue 24 Jun 19:16post reply

quote:
yeah it's a bit odd, but I think it's less that you would pay $25 just to play blazblue, but rather they expect that folks who are already in there might want to play it.

It makes alot of sense to premier the game at an anime convention. The convention will be made up of thousands of people from all over the states who are the exact target audience for the game. They can reach more people within a day at the convention than probably a month at any arcade. I think its a really smart move!

exodus
4136th Post

"Re(4):BlazBlue US Location Test Announced!!!!" , posted Tue 24 Jun 22:08post reply

quote:

They can reach more people within a day at the convention than probably a month at any arcade. I think its a really smart move!

yeah, it's a captive audience with lots of pass-through. Personally I wish they would do it somewhere I would actually go, but more than that I wish it were a different game being location tested in the first place, so there you go!

Ishmael
3190th Post

"Re(5):BlazBlue US Location Test Announced!!!!" , posted Wed 25 Jun 01:11post reply

I think the question here is what does ArcSys hope to get out of this location test? If they want to get detailed feedback from players who are interested in testing a preliminary game they probably aren't going to get that amid the bustle of an anime convention. If they want to advertise an upcoming game to a potentially large audience then the convention is a great setting.

repukken
48th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):BlazBlue US Location Test Announced!!!!" , posted Wed 25 Jun 07:26post reply

BTW Folks, just a heads up, you don't need a badge to actually go to the location test. I found out you only need a badge to actually go into the exhibit hall and/or participate in the tournaments. But to go to the location test and just play a few rounds is free to anyone that's willing to make a trek out to Anime Expo this year.

"Everytime you praise someone that they're one in a million just remember that only means there's 5000 of them in China..." -new chinese proverb

EddyT
748th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(7):BlazBlue US Location Test Announced!!!!" , posted Wed 25 Jun 07:36post reply

I forgot... but isn't AX arcade games usually on freeplay? That may make it worth the trip, but it may get kinda crowded if there's only one cab.

nobinobita
371th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(8):BlazBlue US Location Test Announced!!!!" , posted Wed 25 Jun 09:10post reply

quote:
I forgot... but isn't AX arcade games usually on freeplay? That may make it worth the trip, but it may get kinda crowded if there's only one cab.

During standard loke tests do they still charge you to play the games?

Seija
3147th Post

"Re(9):BlazBlue US Location Test Announced!!!!" , posted Wed 25 Jun 17:17:post reply

quote:
It makes alot of sense to premier the game at an anime convention. The convention will be made up of thousands of people from all over the states who are the exact target audience for the game. They can reach more people within a day at the convention than probably a month at any arcade. I think its a really smart move!

The thing is that not all game fans are manga/anime fans and not all manga/anime fans are game fans. Many game fans will think, "This isn't Halloween you know," towards the con attendees or to the cosplayers rather and that's your kicker. That's why I don't like this move at all.

quote:
yeah, it's a captive audience with lots of pass-through. Personally I wish they would do it somewhere I would actually go, but more than that I wish it were a different game being location tested in the first place, so there you go!

Exactly. Cons don't do much for me anymore. I went to Anime Expo once to end up having an experience that's way too much of a mixed bag for me, but now these days, I only go to Fanime to see a friend I only see twice a year at most outside of AOL Instant Messenger.

quote:
BTW Folks, just a heads up, you don't need a badge to actually go to the location test. I found out you only need a badge to actually go into the exhibit hall and/or participate in the tournaments. But to go to the location test and just play a few rounds is free to anyone that's willing to make a trek out to Anime Expo this year.

That should make many players happy.

quote:

Not last year.

にょにょにょ。

[this message was edited by Seija on Wed 25 Jun 17:25]

nobinobita
372th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(10):BlazBlue US Location Test Announced!!!" , posted Fri 27 Jun 03:13post reply

quote:

The thing is that not all game fans are manga/anime fans and not all manga/anime fans are game fans. Many game fans will think, "This isn't Halloween you know," towards the con attendees or to the cosplayers rather and that's your kicker. That's why I don't like this move at all.

I agree, however the core audience of the game is people who are Anime fans AND gamers. Arcade goers will probably find out about the game and buy it when its released as they tend to fall into the hardcore crowd these days. But there are many times more anime fans who aren't necessarily hard core gamers, much less hard core fighting game players who might otherwise not learn about this game. Seeing the game premiered in America at an anime con will make them feel special and endear the game to them.

Im sure this is more of a marketing move than a pure beta test, which isn't a bad thing, because fighting games need to get into the hands of more people if they are to survive. Especially nice looking 2d ones.

Hopefully they will also have a beta test at an arcade, with fighting game faithful really testing out the gameplay. At the same time, those same gamers still have the option of making it out to this convention and playing the game for free.