Street Fighter Collection questions - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1788 Views )

Iron D
2889th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Street Fighter Collection questions" , posted Mon 16 Jun 00:05post reply

Having never played SF collection, there were a couple of things I was curious about. I heard that there is a mode or something where you could play as the 4 newcomers from Super SF in the older SF2s. Is this true? If so, do they still use the same character select portraits?

And what about the music in their stages? All the music that was in the first three SF2s were remixed for Super SF. Are the four newcomer's music remixed back to sound like the music from the older games?

Hope I'm making sense here.

Er.....

Replies:

Toxico
4406th Post

"Re(1):Street Fighter Collection questions" , posted Mon 16 Jun 09:03post reply

quote:
I heard that there is a mode or something where you could play as the 4 newcomers from Super SF in the older SF2s. Is this true? If so, do they still use the same character select portraits?

If this is about the SF anniversary + 3rd strike; don't think about selecting older version is like selecting an ISM; this is how it workds; first you select the game mode, and then you can only select characters that where on that game mode (SF 2 mode can select the bosses nor the new commers).

And about the music, I think you can't change it to SFII tunes, you are stuck with the SSFII T remixes.

The only evil of the word; is the one in the heart of men

ONSLAUGHT
3698th Post

"Mmmmhh..." , posted Mon 16 Jun 09:54post reply

quote:

Hope I'm making sense here.

You can select "grooves" from SF II WW up to SSF II Turbo.
You can only select the characters that appeared on their respective versions, I mean, no T Hawk or Cammy on SF II or SF II CE, but only after SSF II.
You get the versions of the characters from their respective "eras" (Guile's double Flash Kick from CE, Chun Li's fireball from SF II HF or Chun Li's fireball from SSF II complete with butt animation, and so on).

And yes, you can select 3 styles for the music, CPS, CPS II and Arranged, this means you can listen to the New Challengers tunes CPS style.

Thank you.

Iron D
2890th Post

"Re(1):Mmmmhh..." , posted Mon 16 Jun 15:17post reply

Toxico, Onslaught: Muchas Gracias!

Now I need to find some way of hearing the CPS versions of the newcomers themes...

Er.....

justicekyo
696th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):Street Fighter Collection questions" , posted Tue 17 Jun 10:39post reply

quote:
I heard that there is a mode or something where you could play as the 4 newcomers from Super SF in the older SF2s. Is this true? If so, do they still use the same character select portraits?

If this is about the SF anniversary + 3rd strike; don't think about selecting older version is like selecting an ISM; this is how it workds; first you select the game mode, and then you can only select characters that where on that game mode (SF 2 mode can select the bosses nor the new commers).

And about the music, I think you can't change it to SFII tunes, you are stuck with the SSFII T remixes.

you can change the OST. go to the options menu. you have CPS1,CPS2,and ARANGED soundtracks.

IkariDC
736th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Mmmmhh..." , posted Wed 18 Jun 02:03post reply

quote:
Toxico, Onslaught: Muchas Gracias!

Now I need to find some way of hearing the CPS versions of the newcomers themes...

I also liked a lot that they made CPS and CPS2 renditions of those tracks too! You wanna listen to 'em? Get them while they're fresh!

Iron D
2891th Post

"Re(3):Mmmmhh..." , posted Wed 18 Jun 07:42post reply

quote:

I also liked a lot that they made CPS and CPS2 renditions of those tracks too! You wanna listen to 'em? Get them while they're fresh!

Heh, heh, heeeeh. You da Man, IkariDC. Thanks!

Er.....