Miami bass - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1698 Views )

simonbelmont
137th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"Miami bass" , posted Sat 14 Jun 05:24post reply

Anyone from the cafe familiar with the Miami area? I'll be detailed to downtown Miami for a month. Anything in the area or the surrounding areas worth checking out? Like what restaurants, nightclubs, arcades, beaches, etc? I'm not too familiar with the Miami area myself. I do have transportation so driving around really won't be issue.

Replies:

Tai-Pan
238th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Miami bass" , posted Sat 14 Jun 05:32post reply

quote:
Anyone from the cafe familiar with the Miami area? I'll be detailed to downtown Miami for a month. Anything in the area or the surrounding areas worth checking out? Like what restaurants, nightclubs, arcades, beaches, etc? I'm not too familiar with the Miami area myself. I do have transportation so driving around really won't be issue.

I live around the area. But Miami is big. You are gonna be around downtown Miami?

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Evenor
649th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):Miami bass" , posted Sat 14 Jun 06:13post reply

quote:

I live around the area. But Miami is big. You are gonna be around downtown Miami?

Yeah Miami is REALLY BIG. My family lives there so when I am out of school, I call it my home. Some parts of downtown Miami can get really scary at night!

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

simonbelmont
138th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Miami bass" , posted Sat 14 Jun 07:17post reply

quote:

Yeah I'll be staying downtown Miami at the JW Marriott. It's within walking distance to the office where I'll be working at. I definitely want to check out South Beach on one of my free days.

Tai-Pan
239th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Miami bass" , posted Sat 14 Jun 23:55post reply

quote:

Yeah I'll be staying downtown Miami at the JW Marriott. It's within walking distance to the office where I'll be working at. I definitely want to check out South Beach on one of my free days.

Yeah..well definetely check out South Beach. During the day and at night. Check out any of the bars around there, at day and night again. Check out the clubs, almost all of them are good. Some of them too good (they might not let you in). Don't think about arcades because I havent seen any. People around here don't care too much about that. Some parts of downtown Miami at night are dangerous, so be careful. Stay in your car unless you notice that theres people walking around. Check out Collins Av. in south beach. Walk around Ocean Drive with the fabulous people. If you want to see Hollywood (which is very nice), or Ft Lauderdale we can meet and Ill show you around good places and stuff. Just let me know before July cause Ill be leaving the country for a couple of weeks.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

simonbelmont
139th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Miami bass" , posted Sun 15 Jun 13:32post reply

quote:

Yeah..well definetely check out South Beach. During the day and at night. Check out any of the bars around there, at day and night again. Check out the clubs, almost all of them are good. Some of them too good (they might not let you in). Don't think about arcades because I havent seen any. People around here don't care too much about that. Some parts of downtown Miami at night are dangerous, so be careful. Stay in your car unless you notice that theres people walking around. Check out Collins Av. in south beach. Walk around Ocean Drive with the fabulous people. If you want to see Hollywood (which is very nice), or Ft Lauderdale we can meet and Ill show you around good places and stuff. Just let me know before July cause Ill be leaving the country for a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the advice Tai-Pan! Ft. Lauderdale and Hollywood are nice areas. I was there for a weekend back in 2002. Didn't get to explore the area much but the people there seemed nice enough. I'll be in Miami from June 16th to July 18th. Sounds like the club scene in South Beach is similar to that in LA for better or worse. I'll definitely be sure to load up on that Don Q rum! You can’t get that stuff outside of NJ, NY, FL, and PR. Does the Miami area have anything interesting going on for 4th of July weekend? Back in Cali I usually hit up Anime Expo since the Nazis in Cali state pretty much banned the good fireworks. Here's my personal e-mail orochimark a+ yah00