Battlestar Galactica (PHANTOM!) - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1648 Views )

Burning Ranger
1565th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Battlestar Galactica (PHANTOM!)" , posted Fri 13 Jun 11:14post reply

Surely, I must not be the only one here who's watching Battlestar Galactica. Anyone around here fans of the show? Tomorrow is the last episode before they break until who knows when. The final season is fairly good so far.

And there's a comic series out there based on the reboot. And a recent issue borrows heavily from a well know SNK game:

http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/cgi-bin/lookimages.pl?KMPZ=BSGSZ12covHerbertprevart.jpg

Another question, maybe for the Professor or any one else with ties to Japan: do the Japanese watch BSG and if so, are they fans of it?

*Imagine's Ralf Jones doing his Galactica Phantom, but instead the BSG falls on the opponent resulting in an instant KO*

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

Replies:

Amakusa
758th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Battlestar Galactica (PHANTOM!)" , posted Fri 13 Jun 12:23post reply

I gave up watching the show after the third season. In retrospect, I couldn't figure out if the writers knew what they were doing when they did that New Caprica mini-arc and then blew the rest of the season on really bad one-shot stories.

If the Cylons had a plan, it must be so secret that even they don't know what it is.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Shindekudasai
212th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Battlestar Galactica (PHANTOM!)" , posted Fri 13 Jun 15:56post reply

I've actually never seen this show but I must say that cover art rocks.

emagius
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Battlestar Galactica (PHANTOM!)" , posted Fri 13 Jun 22:48post reply

quote:
I gave up watching the show after the third season. In retrospect, I couldn't figure out if the writers knew what they were doing when they did that New Caprica mini-arc and then blew the rest of the season on really bad one-shot stories.

FWIW, the writers have stated that SciFi forced them to do the one-shots. SciFi hoped it would bring in new viewers overwhelmed by overarching plots, but the plan backfired.

quote:
If the Cylons had a plan, it must be so secret that even they don't know what it is.

Well, they had a plan in season 1.

HARO
66th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Battlestar Galactica (PHANTOM!)" , posted Sat 14 Jun 02:25post reply

quote:

FWIW, the writers have stated that SciFi forced them to do the one-shots. SciFi hoped it would bring in new viewers overwhelmed by overarching plots, but the plan backfired.

How'd the plan backfire?

I'm a fan of the series and with the exception of some really bad acting from a few of the characters I haven't really had much of a problem with it.

I've been dl the eps off of torrent. Sometimes they view first in Europe so it's the best way to make sure you are absolutely current. Damn about the break though. Not a bad run.

shin ramberk
344th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Battlestar Galactica (PHANTOM!)" , posted Sat 14 Jun 05:10post reply

I completely love this show. It's not perfect but its the only show that amazes me on regular basis. It's a really moving show...

I think the writers knew the overall story arc of the entire show but a lot of stuff was improvised/written at the last minute. Even though some parts of the story are stupid-- for example the Cylons clearly do not have a plan because they continuously alternate how they react-- I still really enjoy the show. I though the New Capcrica storyline was excellent.

The third season did have problems because of the single episode stories. They backfired because they didn't actually help get more viewers and the regular fans got upset.

I'm bummed about the show ending but I'm glad its ending before it got lame. This last season has been a little slow but the pace has gotten a lot quicker. I hope the second part of the season airs sooner then later though. Preferably in the fall and not 2009.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

Amakusa
760th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):Battlestar Galactica (PHANTOM!)" , posted Sat 14 Jun 05:54post reply

quote:

How'd the plan backfire?

Kind of felt like they were pushing the reset button a little too much (stuff like how Helo killed all the Cylon prisoners that were loaded with the virus have no lasting consequence, for instance).

Most of the one-shots were pretty bad, although I did like the one-shot focusing on Starbuck and the 'ace' Cylon 'Scar' which tickled my memory of playing Wing Commander back in the day (even though the 'Scar' backstory was presented in a really confusing manner-- I THINK 'Scar' was the Cylon that Starbuck shot down back in Season 1, but it wasn't made entirely clear).

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Burning Ranger
1566th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):Battlestar Galactica (PHANTOM!)" , posted Sat 14 Jun 23:48post reply

Last night's episode was made of win and WTF. Really good stuff. Not gonna spoil it for those who haven't seen it. Now I'm just wondering where they'll take the last episodes.

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

shin ramberk
345th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):Battlestar Galactica (PHANTOM!)" , posted Mon 16 Jun 02:22post reply

quote:
Last night's episode was made of win and WTF. Really good stuff. Not gonna spoil it for those who haven't seen it. Now I'm just wondering where they'll take the last episodes.

I loved it as well. There were a lot of great moments in it.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

bootation
577th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):Battlestar Galactica (PHANTOM!)" , posted Mon 16 Jun 06:45post reply

quote:

I loved it as well. There were a lot of great moments in it.

I liked the pilot series and I liked the first season but a few things started to feel really cheap about it and its been dragging way too long. I think they could make the show half an hour long and it would have been a tighter series.

They could use the robot dog from the first one. Overall i think i like elements from the first series better. Better intro music
the culture seemed more foreign. i feel like they fell off in new caprica.

still i will watch it if theres nothing better on.

gaius balter is intersting too.

Click this webpage

also chek out http://myspace.com/atomiswave2