WELCOME TO AFRICA!

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Replies:

Gojira
2373th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):random thread ~ACCELERATION OF LOCUS~" , posted Wed 4 Jun 15:26post reply

It's kind of funny how Chris spends the whole first half of that trailer not shooting a single person. I wonder if Capcom is feeling the pressure from those cries of racism? (Rhetorical question, BTW. Don't answer it.)

Anyway, what I'm more interested in with RE5 is the apparent inclusion of online co-op play. When I think of how fun it might be doing the RE4 cabin survival scenario with co-op I hope it'll deliver.

shipoopi

Shindekudasai
203th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):random thread ~ACCELERATION OF LOCUS~" , posted Wed 4 Jun 16:02post reply

As seen in the vid and pointed out on the SNK-CAPCOM.com forums, there's whiteys and spaniards in there too. No racism here, move along now children. ::whistles::

So who else thinks we're going to see *-Virus/Plaga hybrid monsters in 5?

exodus
4121th Post

"Re(2):random thread ~ACCELERATION OF LOCUS~" , posted Thu 5 Jun 05:57post reply

quote:
It's kind of funny how Chris spends the whole first half of that trailer not shooting a single person. I wonder if Capcom is feeling the pressure from those cries of racism? (Rhetorical question, BTW. Don't answer it.)

Well, something tells me the black female partner miiiiight have been a later addition. prolly the whiteys too.

Iggy
8516th Post

"Re(3):random thread ~ACCELERATION OF LOCUS~" , posted Thu 5 Jun 06:21post reply

quote:
Well, something tells me the black female partner miiiiight have been a later addition. prolly the whiteys too.

Yeah, but unfortunately she doesn't look African at all, just some pale random afro-american videogame chick.

Shindekudasai
206th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):random thread ~ACCELERATION OF LOCUS~" , posted Thu 5 Jun 06:43post reply

quote:

Yeah, but unfortunately she doesn't look African at all, just some pale random afro-american videogame chick.

South African maybe?
They're all white and have hot accents.

Evenor
645th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):random thread ~ACCELERATION OF LOCUS~" , posted Thu 5 Jun 06:49post reply

quote:

Hopefully a playable ver. of Elena is included as an easter egg~

RHINOHORRRRRRRN

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

exodus
4122th Post

"Re(5):random thread ~ACCELERATION OF LOCUS~" , posted Thu 5 Jun 07:20post reply

quote:

RHINOHORRRRRRRN

oooooOOOOooooooh I like this idea.

Shindekudasai
207th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):random thread ~ACCELERATION OF LOCUS~" , posted Thu 5 Jun 17:55post reply

quote:

RHINOHORRRRRRRN

oooooOOOOooooooh I like this idea.

Bustin' caps in zombies asses - in the name of friendship!

sfried
166th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):random thread ~ACCELERATION OF LOCUS~" , posted Fri 6 Jun 16:05:post reply

NIS brings love to DS with ports remakes and an original IP.

Not that it matters because Etrian II is just around the corner.

[this message was edited by sfried on Fri 6 Jun 16:06]

Nekros
44th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(8):random thread ~ACCELERATION OF LOCUS~" , posted Fri 6 Jun 17:21post reply

quote:
original IP.

It's just me or the chara-design got a DeathSmiles wibe?

whitesword
1617th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):random thread ~ACCELERATION OF LOCUS~" , posted Fri 6 Jun 23:22post reply

quote:

She looks Nubian to me

quote:

RHINOHORRRRRRRN

I'm hoping for B.B.Hood and Gene (complete with a God Hand and the God Reel) as playable characters in The Mercenaries minigame, and I expect to be disappointed!

Ishmael
3180th Post

"Re(6):random thread ~ACCELERATION OF LOCUS~" , posted Sun 8 Jun 04:08post reply

Tenchu 4 is coming to the Wii. Slitting throats with the Wii controller should be grand fun but as hit and miss as the Tenchu series has been this could be great or could be not so great.

Sony's Afrika seems to be coming along nicely. [Yeah, I could find a better source for this than our mercenary friends over at Magic Box, but why bother?] I had thought there was going to be more to the game than putzing around looking at animals but, thankfully, someone at Sony has apparently gone nuts and decided that sense of non-action would make for a great game. I just hope I can customize my character since I don't want to wear that stupid stocking cap for the entire game.

TreIII
129th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):random thread ~ACCELERATION OF LOCUS~" , posted Sun 8 Jun 09:49post reply

quote:
Tenchu 4 is coming to the Wii. Slitting throats with the Wii controller should be grand fun but as hit and miss as the Tenchu series has been this could be great or could be not so great.

The one thing that gives me reason to be even interested, is because the original guys (at Acquire) are back on board with this game.

Seeing how their other project "Shinobido" did a much better job at reminding me why I like this style of Ninja game more than any of the recent Tenchus (which they haven't done), that gives me more reason to believe that this particular Tenchu game (as well as the sequels, which are already being planned) will be one that should hopefully be a good one.

In other news, there's a bit more info on Wario Land Shake to be had. First off, the real "blow-out" shall come with next week's Famitsu, which promises to have articles and better quality pictures. But at the least, we DO now know who is behind the game. It's actually a "new" development team by the name of "Good Feel".

But before you start groaning, you should know that Good Feel is made up of basically a number of Konami defectors, namely from the Kobe group.

CEO is Shigeharu Umezaki, who, along with his team at KOBE branch, actually worked on the Goemon(Mystical Ninja) SNES games, as well as multiple other games... TMNT4, Contra, Super C, Sunset Riders, Batman Returns, Buster Busts Loose, Gradius II, Lifeforce, Gokujou Parodius and Animaniacs.

At KCEK, he worked on CotM, Krazy Racers, Rakuga Kids, Hybrid Heaven and the N64 Castlevanias. He also worked under Iga on the DS Castlevanias.

So...that said, I think it's safe to presume that Nintendo put this new Wario Land game in good hands. The whole "Shake" thing may not even be that bad, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Dokuganryu wa Date jya ne you see?

nobinobita
369th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(8):random thread ~ACCELERATION OF LOCUS~" , posted Sun 8 Jun 13:03post reply

quote:

So...that said, I think it's safe to presume that Nintendo put this new Wario Land game in good hands. The whole "Shake" thing may not even be that bad, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Most people naturally shake controllers when they first start playing videogames.

I'm hoping the new Wario game will be along those lines, focusing on intuitive unconscious movements (for instance, jerking the controller in the correct direction when you miss a jump) rather than literal movements (ie swing the controller like a bat to hit the baseball).

Professor
2473th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Sun 8 Jun 14:14:post reply

Remotely related to game news, maybe.

Just as I came back home to drop off some luggage, there's news on TV of some nutcase in Akihabara slashing over 10 pedestrians, including cops. Five of the six stabbed victims have gone into cardiac arrest.

News says that the guy drove into the car-free zone on a rented truck and started slashing at everyone with a knife, so I'm not sure if it's an otaku or just some wacko. [Edit] The 25-year old guy's now been arrested, claims he's yakuza.

Either way, there goes the neighborhood. IMO, this could very likely give cops an opening to tightening up restrictions in Akiba. The local police force loves hassling pedestrians to make quick cash to begin with, and I don't see things getting any better with this incident.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 8 Jun 14:30]

Variable Savior
426th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Sun 8 Jun 15:01post reply

quote:
Five of the six stabbed victims have gone into cardiac arrest.

As someone with a fair amount of experience with stab victims (through work; I'm not stabbing them myself) I find this kinda odd. Were the victims elderly?

Blood marks heaven's path

Nekros
47th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Sun 8 Jun 18:14post reply

quote:

As someone with a fair amount of experience with stab victims (through work; I'm not stabbing them myself) I find this kinda odd. Were the victims elderly?

Maybe they were ill and the heart attack is due to the fear of being stabbed to death.

Professor
2473th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Sun 8 Jun 19:52post reply

quote:

Maybe they were ill and the heart attack is due to the fear of being stabbed to death.

Wow, deathcount went up to 7 after I came back.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/06/08/japan.stabbing.spree/index.html

Iggy
8519th Post

"Re(4):Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Sun 8 Jun 21:20post reply

http://namidame.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1211823579/

Zepy
1471th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Sun 8 Jun 22:13post reply

I read about it, this sucks :(

EddyT
744th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Mon 9 Jun 00:52:post reply

[EDIT] I wrote something dumb and I apologize.

[this message was edited by EddyT on Mon 9 Jun 01:45]

sfried
167th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Mon 9 Jun 01:11post reply

quote:
I was there in Akiba and left 1 hour before the incident. I wanted to play SFIV in Sugamo.

Street Fighter can save your life.

I wouldn't joke about that if I were you. The guy ran down people with a truck.

However, whatever happened to the claim he was yakuza? It seems like that statement was pulled off.

Juan
4465th Post

"Re(4):Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Mon 9 Jun 01:18:post reply

quote:

Wow, deathcount went up to 7 after I came back.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/06/08/japan.stabbing.spree/index.html

Here is the bbc version

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7442327.stm

news screen cap

think well your answer

[this message was edited by Juan on Mon 9 Jun 01:32]

crazymike
1447th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Mon 9 Jun 01:40post reply

Just wanna say my heart is with the families of those victims in Japan, it is a shame such grisly violence has to come to such a relatively quiet and stable nation, you always think stuff like that only happens here in America but I guess modern society is driving more and more people crazy with stress.

EddyT
744th Post

"Re(4):Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Mon 9 Jun 01:44:post reply

quote:

I wouldn't joke about that if I were you. The guy ran down people with a truck.

However, whatever happened to the claim he was yakuza? It seems like that statement was pulled off.

Sorry... that was a really poor thing to say in my part and I apologize. I didn't mean to joke about it in a malicious way, especially since deaths were involved. I wasn't thinking about that aspect. I feel bad about what I said. I especially feel bad for the victims, their families and friends.

It was pretty shocking when I heard the news... especially since it was relatively calm and buzzing in Akiba before I left the area. My friend and I, whom I went to Akiba with, were a bit scared about the whole ordeal and we realize we were very fortunate.

[this message was edited by EddyT on Mon 9 Jun 02:12]

Professor
2475th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Mon 9 Jun 03:27:post reply

quote:
whatever happened to the claim he was yakuza? It seems like that statement was pulled off.

I'm not sure. My guess is that the cops had done a background check and found out that he wasn't. Reports say that he's just a contract worker at a production plant that makes automobile parts. We're bound to hear more details tomorrow.

So far as we know, he's a 25 year old guy named Tomohiro Kato [ photo ], a Shizuoka prefecture resident. He rented a 2-ton truck, drove all the way to Tokyo and hit people in the car-free zone, then came out and started stabbing them randomly with a survival knife. Quite a number of people were hurt and seven died. Six of the victims were male, aged 19, 20, 29, 33, 47, 74. One victim was female, aged 21.

He told police that he "came today from Shizuoka to Akihabara to kill, didn't care who it was" and that his motive was that he "started to hate the world. Got tired of life."

This is headline news in Tokyo. The city's had random slashing incidents in the past but nothing with such a high death toll.

Btw, what EddyT was saying is rather true. He avoided the grim reaper by just about an hour thanks to SF4. Similar case with me as well, I would've been there had it not been for some errands I had to run.

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 9 Jun 03:51]

exodus
4124th Post

"Re(5):Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Mon 9 Jun 06:23post reply

I wonder if he just stopped, or if someone stopped him.

EddyT
745th Post

"Re(6):Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Mon 9 Jun 06:54:post reply

quote:
I wonder if he just stopped, or if someone stopped him.

[EDIT] Authories stopped him from hurting any more people.

My friend and I were at the Aso Bit City area (the building and signs are seen in the pictures) just before we headed back to the station. Like I said, we must have left within an hour before the murder happened. It seems very surreal for me... my friend and I were saying how awesome it was for both of us to have finally made it to Japan (lifelong dreams of ours), and it would have ended badly had we stayed there slightly longer. We left Akihabara a little after noon.

[this message was edited by EddyT on Mon 9 Jun 07:09]

Gojira
2380th Post

"Re(7):Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Mon 9 Jun 09:02:post reply

"I'm tired of life."
So now Japan's reached the same point as America where what would have been thoughts of suicide suddenly changes into inspiration for mass murder. I swear I don't understand how people think anymore.

shipoopi

[this message was edited by Gojira on Mon 9 Jun 09:05]

EddyT
745th Post

"Re(8):Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Mon 9 Jun 09:20post reply

It turns out that I was at the area all along.

I bought Ridge Racer 7 for PS3 at a shop called リバティー. I don't know how close this shop was to the incident.

The receipt had a timestamp of 12:30, the supposed time of the incident.

We left for the station after we bought stuff from that store.

When my friend and I went back to the station, we didn't notice anything unusual. I believe we went towards the main entrance of the station, where Kotobukiya was... but I didn't hear or see anything unusual. It was definitely crowded, though.

exodus
4125th Post

"Re(9):Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Mon 9 Jun 11:38post reply

quote:

I bought Ridge Racer 7 for PS3 at a shop called リバティー. I don't know how close this shop was to the incident.

the attack was probably about a block or two north of you. see here. There are several Liberty stores along Chuo Dori, and a couple on the side streets. you were either by the sign that says 'chuo avenue' in that map, or you were very close to the station. either way this gives you an idea of how close you were.

sfried
169th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Mon 9 Jun 11:39:post reply

quote:
Btw, what EddyT was saying is rather true. He avoided the grim reaper by just about an hour thanks to SF4. Similar case with me as well, I would've been there had it not been for some errands I had to run.
Don't get me wrong; I'm glad you guys came through. I just feel it's disconcerting to see one guy kill so many bystanders for no apparent reason other than "he just wanted to kill people". I know these kinds of inncidents are not new (especially with motives like these), but with the amount of civilian casualties involved in a major metropolitan area in a busy hour at such an unprecidented scale cause by one person, I'm a little worried. I just feel sad for the families and associates of those people killed.

[this message was edited by sfried on Mon 9 Jun 11:45]

Professor
2475th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(6):Sunday Noon Akiba Slasher" , posted Mon 9 Jun 12:39post reply

quote:
Don't get me wrong; I'm glad you guys came through. I just feel it's disconcerting to see one guy kill so many bystanders for no apparent reason other than "he just wanted to kill people".

Yeah, it's pretty disturbing. I'm kind of surprized though that one guy alone can lethally stab six people. At least he didn't have a handgun and a few rounds. Things would've been much worse.

Professor
2477th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Street Fighter 4 dated" , posted Mon 9 Jun 12:42:post reply

Bringing the subject back to videogames, it seems that the release dates for Street Fighter 4 have been set. The cabinet set will be released on July 18, followed by the PCB-only release on August 10. Dates are for Japan.

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 9 Jun 12:43]

EddyT
747th Post

"Re(1):Street Fighter 4 dated" , posted Mon 9 Jun 15:31:post reply

リバティー 秋葉原2号店 is where I was...

I can't check at work right now. It's blocked.

Thanks Exodus.

[EDIT] I was at the shop near the Akiba Station, so that's why I didn't see anything as I entered the train station.

[this message was edited by EddyT on Mon 9 Jun 18:45]

chazumaru
550th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Street Fighter 4 dated" , posted Mon 9 Jun 18:56post reply

Good to know no one from MMC was hurt. I am kind of relieved the murderer was not a foreigner, otherwise it would have been the beginning of big trouble... In the end, do we know anything about the connection with that "Game hard" discussion on 2ch? Unfortunate coincidence with a prank? Or was it really the same guy? Why go to Akihabara rather than Shibuya/Harajuku if you are not an otaku? Maybe it was easier to reach the neighbourhood from the truck rental place...

What surprises me is the apparent time the stabber got to commit his crimes. To injure so many people and kill seven of them, I would assume the guy got at least a few minutes to act after the random truck runovers. However there are quite a bunch of cops in Akiba on sundays, and especially more and more undercover cops. Of course I have no idea how the things played out (maybe it really did go very fast) and the cops definitely were not prepared to face such a situation in the first place. I guess they will increase undercover security.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Gojira
2380th Post

"Re(3):Street Fighter 4 dated" , posted Mon 9 Jun 20:00post reply

quote:

What surprises me is the apparent time the stabber got to commit his crimes. To injure so many people and kill seven of them, I would assume the guy got at least a few minutes to act after the random truck runovers. However there are quite a bunch of cops in Akiba on sundays, and especially more and more undercover cops. Of course I have no idea how the things played out (maybe it really did go very fast) and the cops definitely were not prepared to face such a situation in the first place. I guess they will increase undercover security.

One saddening eyewitness report that I read about on Japan Probe said that police were actually chasing the guy with batons while he ran around cutting and stabbing people, and didn't even draw their guns on him until the knife had been dropped. I don't even know how to react to this. If I lived in Japan I'd be seriously disappointed.

shipoopi

chazumaru
552th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"akiba stabbing" , posted Mon 9 Jun 20:33:post reply

quote:

One saddening eyewitness report that I read about on Japan Probe said that police were actually chasing the guy with batons while he ran around cutting and stabbing people, and didn't even draw their guns on him until the knife had been dropped. I don't even know how to react to this. If I lived in Japan I'd be seriously disappointed.

I was talking with japanese colleagues at lunch a few minutes ago. Apparently the guy was aiming at slitting the people's throats, which means he knew quite well what he was doing. That would explain the number of fatal wounds (random stabbing would have probably produced less effects).

Also, in the defence of the policemen, using firearms in such a crowded area could have caused accidental victims.

[edit] NGII linked to the incident... (although the speech bubble does say "not linked!"). It begins.

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

[this message was edited by chazumaru on Mon 9 Jun 21:41]

GPA
41th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):akiba stabbing" , posted Tue 10 Jun 02:12post reply

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080609/ap_on_re_as/japan_stabbing

Yahoo is reporting that the attacker was an anime/ game fan. I hadn't heard that he was in other reports, though I hadn't seen updates since last night.

catalyst
419th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):akiba stabbing" , posted Tue 10 Jun 03:26post reply

Personally what bothers me about all this is how sad and pathetic people are to throw away their lives and do such insane things. Honestly? For him to be living in Japan it couldn't be any worse to be living in a country pissed out of their ghord or so economically distraught that they would have to whore themselves for money or be knee deep in piss or even to have a sense of high infant mortality rate.

He couldn't possibly have it any worse than some people out there.

Condolences to the family and happiness for the MMC members being safe.

This song is so true