Original message (8878 Views )

ZamIAm
1723th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"MK vs DCU: Official Thread" , posted Sat 19 Apr 23:02post reply

One of the better (non HD) trailers for the game
News and interviews

This could be good or bad. They look like they are trying a few new things with this. As far as I can tell with the trailers, models and textures look better, while the animation still looks stiff. "Freefall" might be a valid mechanic for air combos and flying characters. It looked like it might have drawn some things from UFC games since it looks like it could be a modified ground pound mechanic. Not sure about "Klose Kombat" due to the various super powers for both sides that would seem to work best for a distance or might be extremely broken upclose (Flash's speed). It's interesting that they acknowledge that the idea is unpopular. Hopefully, that combined with the lack of gore will force them to make the actual engine better. It's annoying that they might make the game canon (scowls at imcomplete Armaggedon storyline).

Replies:

Tai-Pan
224th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):MK vs DCU: Official Thread" , posted Sun 20 Apr 02:05post reply

quote:
One of the better (non HD) trailers for the game
News and interviews

This could be good or bad. They look like they are trying a few new things with this. As far as I can tell with the trailers, models and textures look better, while the animation still looks stiff. "Freefall" might be a valid mechanic for air combos and flying characters. It looked like it might have drawn some things from UFC games since it looks like it could be a modified ground pound mechanic. Not sure about "Klose Kombat" due to the various super powers for both sides that would seem to work best for a distance or might be extremely broken upclose (Flash's speed). It's interesting that they acknowledge that the idea is unpopular. Hopefully, that combined with the lack of gore will force them to make the actual engine better. It's annoying that they might make the game canon (scowls at imcomplete Armaggedon storyline).

No gore? There is no MK universe without gore.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

crazymike
1435th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):MK vs DCU: Official Thread" , posted Sun 20 Apr 03:53post reply

Please oh please let me be able to decapitate Superman.

Hilarity aside, the idea is kind of absurd but really is it any less over the top than the Hulk or Magneto taking on Ryu and Chun-Li?

Iron D
2856th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):MK vs DCU: Official Thread" , posted Sun 20 Apr 12:46post reply

quote:

Hilarity aside, the idea is kind of absurd but really is it any less over the top than the Hulk or Magneto taking on Ryu and Chun-Li?

Seeing as having Magneto and The Hulk take on Chun-li and Ryu didn't require the basic elements of Street Fighter to have to be thrown out, I'd say it is more absurd.

Er.....

GekigangerV
1541th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):MK vs DCU: Official Thread" , posted Sun 20 Apr 15:30post reply

quote:
It's annoying that they might make the game canon (scowls at imcomplete Armaggedon storyline).

I am not too sure if that would REALLY benefit DC or MK to have the storyline linked. Unless it gives reason for a kouple of the big named DC kharacters a reason to come back in MK9 and so on.

On the bright side, we may finally get a good MK komik. There was supposed to be one(IDK if it was going to be good or not) that was supposed to kome out a kouple of years ago, what happened to it? Or better yet some DC Direkt/DCU styled figures.

It will be interesting to see how the Unreal Engine will really influence the gameplay. So far is doesn't seem too different from the past few games. With the lack of Fatalities, I hope we get a twist on the more traditional Super move system that kompensates for this. Or maybe "Friendships" kan kome back.

Nekros
20th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):MK vs DCU: Official Thread" , posted Sun 20 Apr 17:32post reply

quote:

Seeing as having Magneto and The Hulk take on Chun-li and Ryu didn't require the basic elements of Street Fighter to have to be thrown out, I'd say it is more absurd.

The Capcom fighters were absurd, it's a given. But they were also ironic and cartoonish, they din't take them too seriously (see the ending of Ryu and Morrigan in MVC for example).
MK vs DC is a bit different: it's about realistic textures, realistic phisical engine and characters that are somehow "serious" or tend to be dark and aggressive.
Man, this is awful!

But in the end I'm intrigued how the unreal engine works on a fighter XD

Just a Person
1135th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(5):MK vs DCU: Official Thread" , posted Sun 20 Apr 22:51post reply

quote:

The Capcom fighters were absurd, it's a given. But they were also ironic and cartoonish, they din't take them too seriously (see the ending of Ryu and Morrigan in MVC for example).
MK vs DC is a bit different: it's about realistic textures, realistic phisical engine and characters that are somehow "serious" or tend to be dark and aggressive.
Man, this is awful!

But in the end I'm intrigued how the unreal engine works on a fighter XD

MKvs.DC is having the same problem than SFIV so far: the negativity of the traditional players (although so far it doesn't seem to be as strong as SFIV's, where people who didn't even test the game yet are already bashing it, most of the time irrationally, and desiring to kill Ono...).

In the case of MKvs.DC (that I'm fine with, as long as it is considered just a spin-off, NOT MK8), it's quite ironic actually to see how many people complain that this game will be stupid and that it will kill the franchise... come on, they bought MK ARMAGEDDON, which had a bad playability, lots of bugs, a rushed and full of holes story, and that generic and trashy Kreate-a-Fatality... obviously most of these people WILL BUY this game.

Sure, the idea is completely bizarre. But the teaser trailer is actually quite good. With some hard work in it, this game can be good, as a matter of fact. Again, it's just like SFIV: we can't say these games will be bad until we play them ourselves.

BTW, where is this information that MKvs.DC won't have blood and fatalities from? I didn't find this information in the MK Online news... (not that I care about fatalities; never use them, actually).

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

ZamIAm
1724th Post

"Re(6):MK vs DCU: Official Thread" , posted Mon 21 Apr 01:51post reply

quote:
BTW, where is this information that MKvs.DC won't have blood and fatalities from? I didn't find this information in the MK Online news... (not that I care about fatalities; never use them, actually).

It's briefly mentioned in one of the video interviews that while there might be finishers, there won't be actual fatalities. Likewise, there will be MUCH less blood but the trailer shows that some blood will still be there.

And likewise, I'm not much of a big fatality fan either.

hikarutilmitt
457th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):MK vs DCU: Official Thread" , posted Mon 21 Apr 04:17post reply

quote:

It's briefly mentioned in one of the video interviews that while there might be finishers, there won't be actual fatalities. Likewise, there will be MUCH less blood but the trailer shows that some blood will still be there.

And likewise, I'm not much of a big fatality fan either.

Honestly, as much as I don't like the idea of not having the one thing that made MK MK, Batman doesn't kill, so they'd have to do something that would end up being stupid to fill it in. That and DC may have told them "Yeah, uh, don't kill our guys, plz."

Ishmael
3126th Post

"Re(8):MK vs DCU: Official Thread" , posted Mon 21 Apr 04:28post reply

Huh, the guys who write the current Jonah Hex comic are stuck with the job of trying to create the semblance of a story for this game. But if this means that the Hex man is going to make it into the roster I'll have to buy this stupid game the day it is released.

crazymike
1436th Post

"Re(8):MK vs DCU: Official Thread" , posted Mon 21 Apr 10:57post reply

quote:

as much as I don't like the idea of not having the one thing that made MK MK, Batman doesn't kill, so they'd have to do something that would end up being stupid to fill it in.

Well they can just do like the movies, "oops Scorpion let go of my foot and fell into the pit"

or

"I won't kill you.... but I don't have to save you from that giant dragon about to eat your torso!"

badoor
24th Post

New Customer

"MK without Fatalities means it's......" , posted Mon 21 Apr 18:29post reply

KOMBAT TIME!!

GekigangerV
1544th Post

"20 Characters" , posted Tue 22 Apr 05:41:post reply

Link Here

So only about 20 characters will be in this game, which isn't that bad since they are messing around with a new engine.

So for iconic characters we will probably get most of the MK1 cast. Maybe they will take out Kano and put in Kung Lao or Shao Kahn.

Is Liu Kang still a zombie?

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Tue 22 Apr 05:43]

ZamIAm
1725th Post

"Re(1):20 Characters" , posted Tue 22 Apr 08:35post reply

quote:

I don't know, since they never cleared up the true ending to Armaggedon. As far as the cast is concerned, I think it is safe to guess that Kitana and/or Mileena will make it in (concerning MK2). Jax might have a chance and as you said, Shao Khan. Kung Lao would be cool but I have a feeling he may get the shaft (like usual...)

Just a Person
1136th Post

"Re(2):20 Characters" , posted Tue 22 Apr 20:27post reply

quote:

I don't know, since they never cleared up the true ending to Armaggedon. As far as the cast is concerned, I think it is safe to guess that Kitana and/or Mileena will make it in (concerning MK2). Jax might have a chance and as you said, Shao Khan. Kung Lao would be cool but I have a feeling he may get the shaft (like usual...)

After Armageddon, he's probably either fully back to life (as a normal human being), or died completely. Yet, I wouldn't be surprised if MKvsDCU would just disconsider the events of Armageddon, happening on an alternate timeline or some time before Armageddon.

Yeah, Mileena and Kitana have good chances of being in it. Let's see who would be the most likely characters:

- Sub-Zero (already confirmed)
- Scorpion (already confirmed)
- Raiden (very popular character)
- Johnny Cage (very popular character)
- Sonya Blade (quite popular character)
- Kano (MK's original badass villain)
- Shao Kahn (MK main villain)
- Goro (MK iconic character)
- Kitana (very popular character)
- Mileena (Mileena's reinclusion in Deception showed that one can't have Kitana without Mileena)

Since Boon said there will be AROUND 10 characters on each side, not EXACTLY 10 characters, there are also good chances for:

- Liu Kang (MK main hero)
- Kung Lao (MK better hero)
- Shang Tsung (MK first main villain)

Now, on DC side, I'm not sure about which characters will make it besides Batman and Superman. Well, Joker and Lobo fit quite well with the MK characters. As for Wonder Woman, if she's in, let's hope one of her special attacks consists on breaking her opponent's neck...

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Nekros
22th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):20 Characters" , posted Wed 23 Apr 02:13post reply

quote:

Now, on DC side, I'm not sure about which characters will make it besides Batman and Superman. Well, Joker and Lobo fit quite well with the MK characters. As for Wonder Woman, if she's in, let's hope one of her special attacks consists on breaking her opponent's neck...

I hope for any Vertigo's character NOT TO BE INCLUDED. It would be really sad.

dr baghead
3767th Post

"Re(3):20 Characters" , posted Wed 23 Apr 15:36post reply

quote:

It's be nice if DC's side was:
-The Goddamn Batman (regular Batman's fine, but the goddamn Batman would *really* enjoy Mortal Kombat)
-Any of Batman's supporting cast or villians except: Riddler, Vantriloquist, Barbara and Commissioner Gordon, Alfred. (All of Batman's other villians are psychos who are both capable of and would LOVE to rip people apart with their bare hands. All his other sidekicks are accomplished martial artist well suited to this sorta deal)
-a possessed Superman (as in Hush or the episode of 'the Batman' that stole heavily from Hush, I can't see Superman under his own free will taking part in MK, but under someone else's control he'd make TOTAL sense in the game)
-Wonder Woman (like regular Batman, Wonder Woman would fit into a game about kicking ass just fine, but use Frank Miller's man-hating bitch Wonder Woman and you've got something special)
-Lobo (obvious)

No the Flash, no Green Lantern, no Martian Manhunter, ESPECIALLY no Aquaman. The game does not NEED the enter JLU, just the trinity and some bloodlusting crazies.

so pretty much I'm biased and just want "Frank Miller's Crazy Ass versions of Batman's cast Vs MK + LOBO!!!" but that's really the only way this could work when you think about it.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)
my silly little drawin's

Baines
227th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):20 Characters" , posted Wed 23 Apr 16:38post reply

quote:
Link Here

The explanation for a weaker Superman doesn't quite work. Magic doesn't make him weaker. He just doesn't have superhuman resistance to it.

Not that it matters. Heck, it doesn't even matter in the comics, which are quite variable in Supe's strength and abilities and who or what can give him a fight.

Just a Person
1138th Post

"Re(4):20 Characters" , posted Sun 27 Apr 01:28post reply

quote:

It's be nice if DC's side was:
-The Goddamn Batman (regular Batman's fine, but the goddamn Batman would *really* enjoy Mortal Kombat)
-Any of Batman's supporting cast or villians except: Riddler, Vantriloquist, Barbara and Commissioner Gordon, Alfred. (All of Batman's other villians are psychos who are both capable of and would LOVE to rip people apart with their bare hands. All his other sidekicks are accomplished martial artist well suited to this sorta deal)
-a possessed Superman (as in Hush or the episode of 'the Batman' that stole heavily from Hush, I can't see Superman under his own free will taking part in MK, but under someone else's control he'd make TOTAL sense in the game)
-Wonder Woman (like regular Batman, Wonder Woman would fit into a game about kicking ass just fine, but use Frank Miller's man-hating bitch Wonder Woman and you've got something special)
-Lobo (obvious)

No the Flash, no Green Lantern, no Martian Manhunter, ESPECIALLY no Aquaman. The game does not NEED the enter JLU, just the trinity and some bloodlusting crazies.

so pretty much I'm biased and just want "Frank Miller's Crazy Ass versions of Batman's cast Vs MK + LOBO!!!" but that's really the only way this could work when you think about it.

Good choices. I've been thinking about who will appear in this game as well. Considering Boon said only the most iconic characters from both sides will appear, I guess some of the names below will be in it:

MK:

1) Sub-Zero (confirmed)
2) Scorpion (confirmed)
3) Baraka
4) Liu Kang
5) Raiden
6) Sonya
7) Johnny Cage
8) Kitana
9) Mileena
10) Goro
11) Shang Tsung

DC:

1) Batman (confirmed)
2) Superman (confirmed)
3) Wonder Woman
4) Lobo
5) Jonah Hex
6) Joker
7) Catwoman
8) Green Arrow
9) Black Canary
10) Flash
11) Bane

I know, Lobo and Jonah Hex aren't really iconic DC characters. But since the game plot will be made by Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Grey (really BAD idea, by the way...), I guess Hex has good chances of appearing, since these writers have produced some Hex stories (plus, Hex is very cool). As for Lobo, come on, he's the most fittable DC character to face the kombatants...

Oh, and I'd choose also one non-selectable boss for each side:

MK Boss: Shao Kahn
DC Boss: Darkseid

GekigangerV
1552th Post

"Re(5):20 Characters" , posted Sun 27 Apr 09:56post reply

Although unlikely, I would really like to see Black Adam. Even though he has gotten a lot of coverage over the last couple of years, it seems that the big three plus their main villains will take up the majority of the cast.

Just a Person
1141th Post

"Re(6):20 Characters" , posted Wed 30 Apr 03:03post reply

quote:
Although unlikely, I would really like to see Black Adam. Even though he has gotten a lot of coverage over the last couple of years, it seems that the big three plus their main villains will take up the majority of the cast.

Black Adam is very cool (unlike most of the other characters from the Captain Marvel's comics), and he actually fits very well in the MK universe with his violent behaviour and all. Unfortunately, as you said, his chances are compromised since he's not a "superpopular main DC villain" (plus, his presence would most likely mean Captain Marvel's inclusion as well, and C.Marvel isn't one of DC's nice designs, in my opinion...).

Nevertheless, I hope he has a chance to be in it.

GekigangerV
1554th Post

"Re(7):20 Characters" , posted Fri 9 May 22:35post reply

Scorpion

Looks alright. Some people are doing the usual bitching. But maybe they did try a little too hard with the ribcage face mask.

hikarutilmitt
459th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):20 Characters" , posted Sat 10 May 06:41post reply

quote:
Scorpion

Looks alright. Some people are doing the usual bitching. But maybe they did try a little too hard with the ribcage face mask.

Wow, it's looking good, but at the same time it's a bit too much for the outfit itself. The theme is fine and all, but there's almost too much detail to it, my eyes are too distracted with everything going on with it.

ZamIAm
1728th Post

"Exoskeleton" , posted Sat 10 May 08:57post reply

quote:
Scorpion

The "ribcage" is probably Midway's attempt to put an actual scorpion on his face. If you look at his head, the top has an almost insect-like texture.

Ishmael
3146th Post

"Re(9):20 Characters" , posted Sun 11 May 04:34post reply

quote:

Wow, it's looking good, but at the same time it's a bit too much for the outfit itself. The theme is fine and all, but there's almost too much detail to it, my eyes are too distracted with everything going on with it.

The MK designs often end up being a smidge too busy so I guess this is consistent at least. For example, in MK:Deception Scorpion's mask on the in-game model looked like the air filter out of my car.

Speaking of MK, the other day I was talking with a friend about how seemingly indestructible the MK franchise is. It was during that conversation that I realized that the MK brand had not only survived against all odd into the present day but that it would probably continue to thrive well into the future. Not only would Scorpion and Sub-Zero be around for years to come, those two dumb-asses would still be chasing each other around long after I'm gone. When I'm old and gray in a retirement home will I be given MK paraphernalia by the staff in order to remind me of the good old days of my youth? It was a sobering, discouraging line of thought.

Just a Person
1149th Post

"More artworks" , posted Tue 20 May 04:39post reply

Today, Midway has posted two stage artworks at the Worlds Collide website. One of them shows the Hell stage (including two UFC fighters fighting each other, but I guess they're just there to represent the kombatants and superheroes/villains), and the other one shows the Metropolis stage (VERY cool).

And although this wasn't officially revealed, it seems that some people already had access to Superman's render as well...

GekigangerV
1557th Post

"Re(1):More artworks(Chuck and Rampage)" , posted Tue 20 May 09:58:post reply

quote:
Today, Midway has posted two stage artworks at the Worlds Collide website. One of them shows the Hell stage (including two UFC fighters fighting each other, but I guess they're just there to represent the kombatants and superheroes/villains), and the other one shows the Metropolis stage (VERY cool).

And although this wasn't officially revealed, it seems that some people already had access to Superman's render as well...

Hopefully Metropolis is 1/4th as cool as the render makes it out to be.

If you look at the hell stage fighters it is Quinton "Rampage" Jackson knocking out Chuck Liddell from their last fight

Pic here

*edit*

Superman Render

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Tue 20 May 10:08]

ZamIAm
1729th Post

"Re(1):More artworks" , posted Tue 20 May 11:13post reply

It intrigues me that the arena is called Hell not Netherrealm. I'm probably reading WAY to much into that though.

crazymike
1442th Post

"Re(10):20 Characters" , posted Tue 20 May 16:51post reply

quote:

When I'm old and gray in a retirement home will I be given MK paraphernalia by the staff in order to remind me of the good old days of my youth? It was a sobering, discouraging line of thought.

Honestly do you think teenagers who grew up reading Superman in the 1930s/40s ever imagined seeing him 80 years later in the cinema being a peeping tom and running from earth abandoning his unborn baby?

Expect your beloved franchises to be alive and kicking after you are gone, and very different from what you remembered.

Count Hihihi
84th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):More artworks(Chuck and Rampage)" , posted Tue 20 May 18:43post reply

quote:

Superman Render

Wow, Bruce Campbell wearing a muscle suit? Midway is in desperate need of real talent. Awful renditions of Alex Ross's art is not what I want to see. Can't wait to see Stiffman animated Midway-style..

a·bel·o·gist - a person who argues in defense or justification of anything SFIV related.

Just a Person
1150th Post

"Re(2):More artworks" , posted Tue 20 May 20:10post reply

quote:
It intrigues me that the arena is called Hell not Netherrealm. I'm probably reading WAY to much into that though.

Well, Boon said both realities were merging together. Maybe that's why this stage is called "Hell" - kinda like a merging between Netherrealm and DC's Hell (I guess it would be Hades's world from the Wonder Woman comics, maybe?).

Gekiganger, thanks for the render! Superman looks good... except for his hair. It looks incredibly artificial (it looks like plastic, actually); come on, the current platforms allow to make a better job than that.

Ishmael
3153th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):20 Characters" , posted Wed 21 May 04:29post reply

quote:
Expect your beloved franchises to be alive and kicking after you are gone, and very different from what you remembered.

But are Scorpion and Sub-Zero beloved by anyone? Is that why they are so grouchy all the time?

I don't know how nuts this game is going to get but if they have alt costumes for the characters I'm really hoping Ant-head Superman makes it in. That, or perhaps some sort of customization option so I can make everyone in the game have the head of an ant. Since the game already features Batman and Sub-Zero punching each other in the head where do you draw the line on what is too ridiculous?

GekigangerV
1560th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):20 Characters" , posted Sat 31 May 05:16post reply

Official site updated with Sub-Zero

Link Here

Not as busy as Scorpion's design, but good though. So I guess we will be seeing Batman in a week or two.

GekigangerV
1565th Post

"Batman and Podcast" , posted Thu 5 Jun 03:44post reply

Batman

Midway will be doing a podcast where they will answer some questions posted at their boards

Link Here

Just a Person
1172th Post

"Re(1):Batman and Podcast" , posted Thu 5 Jun 03:51post reply

quote:
Batman

Midway will be doing a podcast where they will answer some questions posted at their boards

Link Here

Midway is quick, isn't it? Sub-Zero looks good, not as good as Scorpion, but still good. Same with Batman; I prefer the outfit Christian Bale wore at the Batman Begins movie, but I guess Midway is trying to bring the uniforms straight from the comics... that said, Batman looks good as well.

I wonder what will they reveal to us in this podcast. There was a rumour in TRMK confirming other characters, but it may be fake (they say Power Girl is confirmed, and she's far from being an iconic DC heroine...), so I wonder if Midway will confirm or deny these rumours...

Shindekudasai
208th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Batman and Podcast" , posted Thu 5 Jun 03:59:post reply

Heh, try telling that to her fans over at Comicbook Resources. Powergirl was the original Supergirl and has a huge following, which is why she got the opening arc on JSA classified and is getting her own ongoing later this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see her in here at all.

[this message was edited by Shindekudasai on Thu 5 Jun 17:57]

Ishmael
3177th Post

"Re(3):Batman and Podcast" , posted Fri 6 Jun 00:33post reply

I guess I'm out of the loop since I don't read his comics but when did Batman start wearing a ceramic bisque suit?

ZamIAm
1732th Post

"I think this got posted elsewhere..." , posted Fri 27 Jun 06:21post reply

But there's new info and screenshots.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/mortalkombat/news.html?sid=6192868&mode=recent

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/884/884210p1.html

Just a Person
1179th Post

"Re(1):I think this got posted elsewhere..." , posted Fri 27 Jun 20:51post reply

quote:
But there's new info and screenshots.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/mortalkombat/news.html?sid=6192868&mode=recent

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/884/884210p1.html

Well, these links are posted in here for the first time.

The inclusion of Flash is old news (it was mentioned in one of the Random News topics), and Sonya has been confirmed as well. However, that interview with Boon brings something new to this board: the confirmation that MK characters and DC villains (and maybe anti-heroes, in case people like Jonah Hex or Lobo are included - thinking better, even Wonder Woman would fit in here after Infinite Crisis...) will have fatalities, while DC heroes (again, maybe not all of them) will keep the opponent alive but give him/her an incredible finishing beating.

I wonder if DC knows about it and if they really approve Superman or Batman appearing decapitated, burned to ashes, thrown into lava or things like that...

GekigangerV
1572th Post

"Catwoman" , posted Sun 29 Jun 17:06post reply

Link Here

Looks nice.

Gojira
2391th Post

"Re(1):Catwoman" , posted Sun 29 Jun 22:39post reply

quote:
Link Here

Looks nice.

WTF? Catwoman doesn't wear the jumpsuit like that except in cheesecake cover shots. What's next, Batman topless?

shipoopi

Just a Person
1180th Post

"Re(2):Catwoman" , posted Mon 30 Jun 00:23post reply

quote:
Link Here

Looks nice.

WTF? Catwoman doesn't wear the jumpsuit like that except in cheesecake cover shots. What's next, Batman topless?

WHOA, Catwoman is HOT!!

Yes, she never wears her jumpsuit like that, but nevertheless, it's the best DC character render from MKvsDC so far. I hope it's not fake...

GekigangerV
1574th Post

"Re(3):Catwoman" , posted Fri 4 Jul 08:24post reply

First podcast is up

They reveal that Shang Tsung will be revealed on Gametrailers TV in a couple of days as well as the official announcement of Catwoman. There will also be gameplay footage popping up at IGN sometime in the future. Nothing really exciting other than that.

It seemed weird that they kind of justified a bad game(in terms of glitches) by saying that no game is ever perfect.

I have fun with MK games with my brothers and friends and know it isn't the most balanced game ever, but Shaolin Monks(a game I thought was fun and wish they would revisit with maybe a little more God of War influence) had to be the most glitch filled game I have EVER played. The game is only 5 or 6 hours long, but I probably encountered a major glitch every 30 minutes.

GekigangerV
1576th Post

"Shang Tsung" , posted Sun 6 Jul 01:47post reply

Screen Caps from Gametrailers

Looks like it is based off his MK3 look.

The gametrailers episode

ZamIAm
1733th Post

"Re(1):Shang Tsung" , posted Sun 6 Jul 06:43post reply

quote:

The gametrailers episode

I preferred the new robed look but at least it's not spandexed out like before. While the main fighting still looks a little stiff, Klose Kombat looks much smoother. It also looks like they refined the juggle system and Subzero stole Glacius's teleport...

Ishmael
3207th Post

"Re(4):Catwoman" , posted Mon 7 Jul 06:03post reply

quote:
I have fun with MK games with my brothers and friends and know it isn't the most balanced game ever, but Shaolin Monks(a game I thought was fun and wish they would revisit with maybe a little more God of War influence) had to be the most glitch filled game I have EVER played. The game is only 5 or 6 hours long, but I probably encountered a major glitch every 30 minutes.

What were the glitches in Shaolin Monks? I spent far more time goofing around with that game than any sane man should and I don't remember encountering anything too bad. Were the problems more prevalent in the co-op mode?

GekigangerV
1578th Post

"Re(5):Catwoman" , posted Mon 7 Jul 06:35post reply

quote:
What were the glitches in Shaolin Monks? I spent far more time goofing around with that game than any sane man should and I don't remember encountering anything too bad. Were the problems more prevalent in the co-op mode?

Yeah, I played it mostly in Co-Op mode

The game froze often with no warning. General freezing probably bogged down the game the most too me. During fatalities, sometimes the background would stay black. The floors and walls were where they were supposed to be, but everything was black. Sometimes that could be fixed by doing another fatality, but sometimes it would just stay black.

kofoguz
598th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Catwoman" , posted Mon 7 Jul 14:23post reply

quote:
Yeah, I played it mostly in Co-Op mode

The game froze often with no warning. General freezing probably bogged down the game the most too me. During fatalities, sometimes the background would stay black. The floors and walls were where they were supposed to be, but everything was black. Sometimes that could be fixed by doing another fatality, but sometimes it would just stay black.

What I thought black screen was normal.It doesnt supposed to be black?

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Just a Person
1183th Post

"Re(2):Shang Tsung" , posted Mon 7 Jul 22:41:post reply

quote:

The gametrailers episode

I preferred the new robed look but at least it's not spandexed out like before. While the main fighting still looks a little stiff, Klose Kombat looks much smoother. It also looks like they refined the juggle system and Subzero stole Glacius's teleport...

I agree. Not a bad design, but is quite weird when Midway put sorcerers like Shang Tsung and Quan Chi with no shirt on.

Nevertheless, I'm glad Tsung is back! So far, I've managed to guess correctly all the 8 confirmed characters. Let's see if my other predictions will turn out right, as well. (they probably won't, though)

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Tue 8 Jul 02:34]

kofoguz
599th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Shang Tsung" , posted Mon 7 Jul 23:11post reply

quote:
I agree. Not a bad design, but is quite weird when Midway put sorcerers like Shang Tsung and Quan Chi with no shirt on.

Nevertheless, I'm glad Tsung is back! So far, I've managed to guess correctly all the 8 confirmed characters. Let's see if my other predictions will turn out right, as well. (they probably won't, though)

I think Lex Luthor and Kano will be next.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

ZamIAm
1734th Post

"Predictions" , posted Tue 8 Jul 22:29post reply

quote:

I personally think Wonder Woman and Kitana will be next. WW is considered the big name female hero at DC and Kitana would make the most sense as a counterpoint.

After them, the guesses start getting a little bit harder. Liu Kang makes a lot of sense but I'm not sure of who his matchup would be. Maybe Superman due to the "heroic savior" thing but I've heard a lot of rumors of Raiden making it in. Kung Lao will probably be kicked to the curb (again) and I have a sneaking suspicion Johnny Cage won't make it. For the sake of having both a big slow brawler and affirmative action, Jax has a shot at making it. If so, John Stewart might show up as Green Lantern (nearly every other black DC character has a snowball's chance of making it in). Joker is probably guaranteed and probably Lex Luthor but the DC side gets a lot harder to define after that due to the number of second stringers that are good but only moderately well known. For instance, Zatanna would be an awesome choice for this but I don't know how likely it be for her to make it in.

Just a Person
1183th Post

"Re(1):Predictions" , posted Wed 9 Jul 01:42post reply

quote:

I personally think Wonder Woman and Kitana will be next. WW is considered the big name female hero at DC and Kitana would make the most sense as a counterpoint.

After them, the guesses start getting a little bit harder. Liu Kang makes a lot of sense but I'm not sure of who his matchup would be. Maybe Superman due to the "heroic savior" thing but I've heard a lot of rumors of Raiden making it in. Kung Lao will probably be kicked to the curb (again) and I have a sneaking suspicion Johnny Cage won't make it. For the sake of having both a big slow brawler and affirmative action, Jax has a shot at making it. If so, John Stewart might show up as Green Lantern (nearly every other black DC character has a snowball's chance of making it in). Joker is probably guaranteed and probably Lex Luthor but the DC side gets a lot harder to define after that due to the number of second stringers that are good but only moderately well known. For instance, Zatanna would be an awesome choice for this but I don't know how likely it be for her to make it in.

Yes, I hope Wonder Woman and Kitana are next! I used to think Wonder Woman was kinda ridiculous, but after Infinite Crisis I just fell in love with her (BTW, she needs a fatality where she ties the opponent with her lasso, beats him/her, then breaks his/her neck). As for Kitana, well, among the MK fanboys there is a huge debate about whether MK female icon is Sonya or Kitana (I prefer Sonya, personally) - so if Kitana is left out, people who prefer her over Sonya will flood Midway's mailbox with complaints... plus, Kitana's steel fans are awesome!

As for the rest of the cast, I agree that Jax has good chances of appearing. I like John Stewart, but one of Midway's clues to the other DC characters was "military superhero", so Hal Jordan is more likely. Joker and Luthor are good choices as DC villains.

Speaking about Joker, I hope the psycho-couple Mileena and Baraka also enter the selection.

Burning Ranger
1569th Post

"Re(2):Predictions" , posted Thu 10 Jul 11:10post reply

quote:

As for the rest of the cast, I agree that Jax has good chances of appearing. I like John Stewart, but one of Midway's clues to the other DC characters was "military superhero", so Hal Jordan is more likely. Joker and Luthor are good choices as DC villains.

Speaking about Joker, I hope the psycho-couple Mileena and Baraka also enter the selection.

I'd like to see Sinestro (Sinestro Corps version)...

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

Ishmael
3213th Post

"Sonya Render" , posted Fri 11 Jul 01:06post reply

Hahahahahahahaha!

NeoRyu
1129th Post

"Re(1):Sonya Render" , posted Fri 11 Jul 01:39post reply

I just threw up in my mouth after seeing that render.

Mosquiton
1729th Post

"Re(2):Sonya Render" , posted Fri 11 Jul 03:45post reply

quote:

Nice tan lines... *blurf*

/ / /

Just a Person
1184th Post

"Re(3):Sonya Render" , posted Fri 11 Jul 04:33post reply

quote:

Nice tan lines... *blurf*

I don't get how Sonya can look so hot - and FEMININE - in the in-game screenshots, yet in the render she looks like a transexual...

Come on, Catwoman looks like a woman in her render; why couldn't they do the same thing with Sonya??

Toxico
4422th Post

"Re(4):Sonya Render" , posted Fri 11 Jul 04:41:post reply

I didn't felt such nausia since I (accidentally) saw my grandma naked; causing a trauma that erased my childhood memories.

The only evil of the word; is the one in the heart of men

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 11 Jul 04:50]

Nate
941th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):Sonya Render" , posted Fri 11 Jul 04:54post reply

Why does Midway have so many issues rendering women that actually LOOK LIKE WOMEN?

The problem is almost always in the face. They give them all square jaws and really mannish features. Have they never seen what a woman looks like?

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

HAYATO
878th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Sonya on Winstrol-V" , posted Fri 11 Jul 05:41post reply

Poor Sonya, she should have refused taking those steroids Jax was so proud of...

Well, despite being a huge detractor of the MK franchise, I should point out that this render is pretty decent (perhaps the best one I've ever seen of a MK character) and I think it depicts her pretty well: you know, if they are interested on a realistic approach for this game, that's what a female, special ops-like soldier should look like at best. You know that the average female soldier looks even manlier than this Sonya, so you shouldn't complain so much...

Iggy
8560th Post

"Re(1):Sonya Render" , posted Fri 11 Jul 05:50post reply

quote:
Hahahahahahahaha!

There are so many awesome details! The hair! How can she... And the belt! The balloon boobs!The low waist! The shoulders! The jaw!
But I think the hair is the best part. I don't know : either she has shaven her head, but remembered at the last minute she was more effective in combat when she couldn't see 70% of what was before her (something called "the Shiryû logic"), or she's actually one of those Japanese ojosama characters and 2 tons of hairs will fall down the minute she takes her hat off.

Variable Savior
428th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Sonya Render" , posted Fri 11 Jul 07:44post reply

quote:
Why does Midway have so many issues rendering women that actually LOOK LIKE WOMEN?

I think their plan for female character design pretty much entails placing breasts on one of the other character models

It's really just a derivative of their infamous palette swapping

Blood marks heaven's path

Just a Person
1185th Post

"Re(2):Sonya Render" , posted Fri 11 Jul 20:29post reply

quote:

But I think the hair is the best part. I don't know : either she has shaven her head, but remembered at the last minute she was more effective in combat when she couldn't see 70% of what was before her (something called "the Shiryû logic"), or she's actually one of those Japanese ojosama characters and 2 tons of hairs will fall down the minute she takes her hat off.

Nah, she didn't shave her head. Actually, her hair is tied behind her head in a ponytail.

She also looks much better (and much more feminine) in game.

Variable Savior
432th Post

Gold Customer

"New characters are...." , posted Sun 13 Jul 00:14post reply

Gamespot has an article revealing the next two characters (info at the end of the piece; no pics though)

Liu Kang & Captain Marvel

Not surprised about Kang but Cpt Marvel is a bit of a shocker. Don't know that much about the character but I'd have thought he'd be a bit too close to Superman for inclusion in such a limited roster

ZamIAm
1735th Post

"Re(1):New characters are...." , posted Sun 13 Jul 04:25post reply

quote:
Not surprised about Kang but Cpt Marvel is a bit of a shocker. Don't know that much about the character but I'd have thought he'd be a bit too close to Superman for inclusion in such a limited roster

Not just that, but they've always had odd legal rules surrounding Captiain Marvel. This actually puts my hopes up very high for more surprise entrants and reading the article makes it sound like they are genuinely trying to improve the engine.

Just a Person
1186th Post

"Re(2):New characters are...." , posted Sun 13 Jul 09:10post reply

quote:

Not just that, but they've always had odd legal rules surrounding Captiain Marvel. This actually puts my hopes up very high for more surprise entrants and reading the article makes it sound like they are genuinely trying to improve the engine.

Yes, Captain Marvel is quite an odd choice. I always thought he was kinda goofy (even for the superheroes' standards). Plus, isn't he a teenage boy who becomes adult in his superhero-persona? Is it okay to allow MK characters to kill an underage person (even if he doesn't look like one)?

Liu Kang was a safer choice, but he wasn't certain either... despite being MK main guy (at least storyline-wise), he's far from being popular with the MK players. I'm glad he was chosen, anyway, since he's the best MK choice to balance with Superman (both being the justice idols and such).

Variable Savior
434th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):New characters are...." , posted Sun 13 Jul 11:37:post reply

quote:
Yes, Captain Marvel is quite an odd choice. I always thought he was kinda goofy (even for the superheroes' standards). Plus, isn't he a teenage boy who becomes adult in his superhero-persona? Is it okay to allow MK characters to kill an underage person (even if he doesn't look like one)?

You know, I saw a story on this game on some videogame tv show (Gametrailers or something) - they interviewed the MK guys and it seemed to me that the guy was eluding to the fact that you wouldn't be performing fatalities on the DC heroes. I can't and wouldn't swear to that but it makes sense - from the get go I found it hard to believe DC would agree to any visual depiction of their characters demise; let alone a MK ultraviolent death.

[this message was edited by Variable Savior on Sun 13 Jul 11:38]

Just a Person
1187th Post

"Re(4):New characters are...." , posted Mon 14 Jul 02:08post reply

quote:
You know, I saw a story on this game on some videogame tv show (Gametrailers or something) - they interviewed the MK guys and it seemed to me that the guy was eluding to the fact that you wouldn't be performing fatalities on the DC heroes. I can't and wouldn't swear to that but it makes sense - from the get go I found it hard to believe DC would agree to any visual depiction of their characters demise; let alone a MK ultraviolent death.

But doesn't the promotional trailer (the new one, which shows Sonya, Catwoman, Tsung and Flash) ends with Scorpion performing his fatality on Flash (despite the scene cuts when he is about to spit fire, then we just hear a yell)?

kofoguz
603th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):New characters are...." , posted Mon 14 Jul 04:52post reply

quote:

I think its you wouldnt be performing with DC heroes. I dont remember anything else mentioned about fatalities. Superman wont kill anybody so there would be another option. (accidentlities maybe?)

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Variable Savior
435th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):New characters are...." , posted Tue 15 Jul 07:15post reply

I watched the most recent trailer and JaP is right - that's definitely the start of a Scorpion fatality on Flash. I don't see how they'd get around it unless they cut away or something (which would be extremely weak).

Still, I'm amazed DC would let someone depict the violent deaths of their iconic characters. I wonder what their motives are...

ZamIAm
1736th Post

"Re(6):New characters are...." , posted Tue 15 Jul 13:47post reply

quote:
I watched the most recent trailer and JaP is right - that's definitely the start of a Scorpion fatality on Flash. I don't see how they'd get around it unless they cut away or something (which would be extremely weak).

Still, I'm amazed DC would let someone depict the violent deaths of their iconic characters. I wonder what their motives are...

I'm assuming the violence won't actually be gory. Most likely the character would generically get engulfed in flame and die or they are left with a skeleton. Head/heart/spine/appendix rips probably won't be used.

Ishmael
3223th Post

"Re(7):New characters are...." , posted Fri 18 Jul 01:33post reply

A new interview/trailer from Gametrailers. Highlights include Scorpion doing a fatality, Superman beating a guy until he should be dead but isn't actually dead, and Batman getting kicked in the nuts. This game continues to fascinate me for all the wrong reasons. Also of interest is the news that the game engine is scaling back on the dial-a-combos and will be emphasizing a more 2D approach to gameplay. It seems that the newest thing in 3D fighters is 2D.

Burning Ranger
1570th Post

"Re(8):New characters are...." , posted Mon 21 Jul 07:46post reply

quote:
It seems that the newest thing in 3D fighters is 2D.

A good thing? If it's perfected, then maybe yeah. I'm surprised the game devs (Capcom, Midway, SNK) didn't perfect 2d gameplay on 3d sooner.

Also, I'm a fan of Capt. Marvel so I think it would be interesting to see how he turns out. Though I will admit, a part of it seems...wrong.

badoor
41th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(8):New characters are...." , posted Mon 21 Jul 12:28post reply

quote:
A new interview/trailer from Gametrailers. Highlights include Scorpion doing a fatality, Superman beating a guy until he should be dead but isn't actually dead, and Batman getting kicked in the nuts.
I like how superman's non-lethal "brutality" looks a lot more deadlier than scorpions fatality.

Shindekudasai
233th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(9):New characters are...." , posted Mon 21 Jul 14:04post reply

Anyone know which Captain Marvel they're using? It could be either Billy Batson (classic) or Freddy Freeman ("Captain Soulpatch").

D`Cloud
232th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(10):New characters are...." , posted Mon 21 Jul 15:24:post reply

quote:
Anyone know which Captain Marvel they're using? It could be either Billy Batson (classic) or Freddy Freeman ("Captain Soulpatch").

they look so weird & stiff. Very unnatural. all gimicks, no content. why the hell is flash floating when he was knocked down? midway surely has lost it's appeal is this for ps3 / 360? these are powerful systems and i dont see them being utilized properly.

http://www.dustinuy.com

[this message was edited by D`Cloud on Mon 21 Jul 15:31]

Just a Person
1197th Post

"Liu Kang's and Captain Marvel's Renders" , posted Fri 25 Jul 23:28post reply

Liu Kang is once again alive (really alive, not undead-alive). I think he looks great, and the MK symbol in the belt rocks!

As for Captain Marvel... his render is good, but I just don't like him. Oh well, at least with his inclusion, now there's a chance Black Adam appears, as well...

Now I wonder who are going to be the next revealed characters. I hope it's Wonder Woman and Kitana - and that their renders make them look like WOMEN, not men with huge breasts like Sonya's (damn, I still don't get how Sonya's in-game screenshots show her so pretty and feminine, yet her render is so bad that even IGN mocked her...).

ZamIAm
1739th Post

"Re(1):Liu Kang's and Captain Marvel's Renders" , posted Sat 26 Jul 00:52post reply

quote:
Liu Kang is once again alive (really alive, not undead-alive). I think he looks great, and the MK symbol in the belt rocks!

As for Captain Marvel... his render is good, but I just don't like him. Oh well, at least with his inclusion, now there's a chance Black Adam appears, as well...

Now I wonder who are going to be the next revealed characters. I hope it's Wonder Woman and Kitana - and that their renders make them look like WOMEN, not men with huge breasts like Sonya's (damn, I still don't get how Sonya's in-game screenshots show her so pretty and feminine, yet her render is so bad that even IGN mocked her...).

Those renders do look good and I think Captain Marvel is going to have the Rock of Eternity as his stage. I really do hope the two princesses are next since they counterpart each other well and as far as WW, there's a sizable "why haven't they shown her yet?" behind her absence. Then again, thy may be trying to prevent another Sonya fiasco and if so, they should certainly take their time.

Burning Ranger
1571th Post

"Re(1):Liu Kang's and Captain Marvel's Renders" , posted Sat 26 Jul 07:02post reply

quote:

Marvel looks like he'll resemble Alex Ross' version, which is a good thing IMO.

Also, looks like Joker and a Green Lantern will be in the game according to sources. No word on which GL it will be.

http://kotaku.com/5029247/green-lantern-joker-join-mk-vs-dc-universe-line-up

ZamIAm
1740th Post

"SDCC Reveals" , posted Sat 26 Jul 12:42post reply

Jax, Kitana, Joker, and Green Lantern (most people thinking Hal). Also John Tobias is returning to the team to work on a prequel comic that will be bundled with the special edition version of the game.

Just a Person
1199th Post

"Re(1):SDCC Reveals" , posted Mon 28 Jul 00:39post reply

quote:
Jax, Kitana, Joker, and Green Lantern (most people thinking Hal). Also John Tobias is returning to the team to work on a prequel comic that will be bundled with the special edition version of the game.

Wow, they still haven't confirmed Wonder Woman? How weird...

Jax is in the game, yay! I hope they don't put him as a black man stereotype like he was in MK:DA, though. I always saw Jax as the typical military guy, serious, quiet and determined (and kinda like a big brother to Sonya).

The other three are nice additions as well. I prefer Kyle Rayner over Hal Jordan, but Jordan is fine, too.

Ishmael
3234th Post

"Re(2):SDCC Reveals" , posted Mon 28 Jul 23:42post reply

Everybody hates Jax.

Iggy
8590th Post

"Re(3):SDCC Reveals" , posted Tue 29 Jul 00:17post reply

quote:
Everybody hates Jax.

That's strange, what's the problem with Jax ?

Gojira
2412th Post

"Re(4):SDCC Reveals" , posted Tue 29 Jul 00:51post reply

quote:
Everybody hates Jax.

Probably the same reason American Gladiators was a commercial failure.

shipoopi

ZamIAm
1741th Post

"Re(5):SDCC Reveals" , posted Tue 29 Jul 01:06post reply

quote:
Everybody hates Jax.

No clue. I'm wondering if it would be because the audience expected someone different but I don't get it. While he did get a bit ghettofied in the 3D games he's a solid character in his own right, recognizable to casuals, and probably one of the few characters who stands a chance at being a grappler.

Ishmael
3236th Post

"Re(6):SDCC Reveals" , posted Tue 29 Jul 01:17post reply

My guess is that the audience is filled with the poor suckers who actually played Mortal Kombat Special Forces.

Just a Person
1200th Post

"Re(7):SDCC Reveals" , posted Tue 29 Jul 02:33post reply

quote:
My guess is that the audience is filled with the poor suckers who actually played Mortal Kombat Special Forces.

...Not much likely. That title bombed; what's the chance that the few people who actually played it would be at the same place, same time?

I'm glad Jax will be in there, anyway. As for Kitana, I hope she gets luckier with her render than Sonya did (or than Kitana herself did with her unmasked face in MK:Shaolin Monks); and that although she'll surely be wearing just a bathing suit and long boots, that she doesn't get oversexualized. After all, she's a princess, not a low-class stripper.

nobinobita
382th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(8):SDCC Reveals" , posted Tue 29 Jul 18:36post reply

quote:
After all, she's a princess, not a low-class stripper.

It's too bad there aren't very many game developers capable of making this distinction.

Gojira
2414th Post

"Re(9):SDCC Reveals" , posted Tue 29 Jul 19:32post reply

quote:
After all, she's a princess, not a low-class stripper.

It's too bad there aren't very many game developers capable of making this distinction.

"Princess" in Outworld tongue means stripper.

And "Kitana" means whore

shipoopi

Ishmael
3237th Post

"Re(10):SDCC Reveals" , posted Tue 29 Jul 22:32post reply

Kitana isn't a low-class stripper... she's one of those, ritzy, top of the line strippers. She probably has her own MySpace page and everything.

A new trailer has popped up. That's an awful lot of recycled animation for a brand new game.

Tai-Pan
244th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):SDCC Reveals" , posted Wed 30 Jul 03:20post reply

quote:

new trailer has popped up. That's an awful lot of recycled animation for a brand new game.

I don't see recycled animation, but signature moves being repeated.
Somehow I feel more excited about this game than for any SC game ever released (except for the first one).

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

ZamIAm
1742th Post

"Updates" , posted Tue 5 Aug 11:08post reply

MKast 4 is up though it doesn't reveal anything new. Also, Kitana's render has been revealed. Keeping the mask on has allowed her to avoid Sonya's fate...

Just a Person
1203th Post

"Re(1):Updates" , posted Tue 5 Aug 20:23:post reply

quote:
MKast 4 is up though it doesn't reveal anything new. Also, Kitana's render has been revealed. Keeping the mask on has allowed her to avoid Sonya's fate...

WOW!!

Kitana looks gorgeous! Sexy, but also a little tough. Her eyes are amazing, and I'm surprised her breasts aren't as big (or as exposed) as Catwoman's or Sonya's. The only flaw I can see is that her steel fans are absent from this render (come on, the fans are her trademark).

Kitana isn't one of my favorite characters, but I must say Midway did a great job with her! Now, if they could only re-do Sonya's render...

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Tue 5 Aug 20:25]

GekigangerV
1584th Post

"Re(2):Updates" , posted Wed 6 Aug 08:29post reply

quote:

WOW!!

Kitana looks gorgeous! Sexy, but also a little tough. Her eyes are amazing, and I'm surprised her breasts aren't as big (or as exposed) as Catwoman's or Sonya's. The only flaw I can see is that her steel fans are absent from this render (come on, the fans are her trademark).

Kitana isn't one of my favorite characters, but I must say Midway did a great job with her! Now, if they could only re-do Sonya's render...

The Kitana render doesn't really look much like a render. A lot of the details seem airbrushed in, especially the hair and eyes.

Apparently one of the guys on the podcast said there was a possibility of DLC costumes for something like "The Dark Knight" Joker. I would love to see that.

Gojira
2417th Post

"Re(3):Updates" , posted Thu 7 Aug 09:12post reply

Wow, that... is the worst Kitana I've ever seen. Even MK2 Kitana looked better than that, and that was a pretty ugly wig. The only thing is I don't know whether to call it an ugly render or ugly artwork because of all the bad airbrushing.

It's funny because the DC renders have really looked good so far, but for whatever reason Midway can't seem to get its own characters right.

shipoopi

ZamIAm
1746th Post

"Jax" , posted Sun 17 Aug 10:13post reply

http://www.worldscollide.com/kombatants/Jax_Render.jpg

The arms...

Plus a new MKast is up. Listening to it now...

Just a Person
1207th Post

"Re(1):Jax" , posted Sun 17 Aug 10:37post reply

quote:

The arms...

Not the best render so far; his mouth looks quite unrealistic. I actually like the metallic arms in the render.

Oh well, at least he looks much better than he did in Deadly Alliance.

GekigangerV
1587th Post

"Green Lantern" , posted Tue 19 Aug 04:03:post reply

Link Here

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Tue 19 Aug 04:05]

kofoguz
609th Post

"Re(2):Jax" , posted Tue 19 Aug 06:54post reply

quote:

The arms...

Not the best render so far; his mouth looks quite unrealistic. I actually like the metallic arms in the render.

Oh well, at least he looks much better than he did in Deadly Alliance.

Didnt see the deadly alliance one but you're saying theres a worse looking jax than that. that requires ability, midway has it I guess.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Just a Person
1208th Post

"Re(1):Green Lantern" , posted Tue 19 Aug 20:07post reply

quote:
Link Here

Looks good, except for the extremely artificial hair. This Green Lantern is definitely Hal Jordan; Kyle is younger than that, Alan is older than that, and John and Guy look nothing like this one.

quote:
Didnt see the deadly alliance one but you're saying theres a worse looking jax than that. that requires ability, midway has it I guess.

Probably. Anyway, here it is.

Just a Person
1209th Post

"Screenshots with Kitana, Joker, GL, Liu Kang" , posted Wed 20 Aug 02:08post reply

Right here.

I liked them, but... isn't it weird how Sub-Zero punches Joker yet he's still smiling? Kitana's hair ribbon looks weird, too.

Ishmael
3254th Post

"Re(1):Screenshots with Kitana, Joker, GL, Liu" , posted Wed 20 Aug 02:47post reply

quote:
Right here.

I liked them, but... isn't it weird how Sub-Zero punches Joker yet he's still smiling? Kitana's hair ribbon looks weird, too.

I can't say I've ever been a fan of Green Lantern but I do like the way his powers are being represented in the game.

So as part of the character damage representation you can punch Sonya's shirt to pieces? Classy.

Just a Person
1210th Post

"Re(2):Screenshots with Kitana, Joker, GL, Liu" , posted Wed 20 Aug 03:32post reply

quote:
Right here.

I can't say I've ever been a fan of Green Lantern but I do like the way his powers are being represented in the game.

So as part of the character damage representation you can punch Sonya's shirt to pieces? Classy.

Yes, she's practically topless! On the good side, her breasts are really beautiful; on the bad side, girls (and the people who classify the games) won't like this sexist decision...

kofoguz
611th Post

"Re(2):Green Lantern" , posted Wed 20 Aug 05:45post reply

quote:

Probably. Anyway, here it is.

Wow why would they need to screw jax. What was wrong with the older version?

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Shindekudasai
248th Post

Frequent Customer

"Green Lantern" , posted Wed 20 Aug 10:06post reply

WOW, it's Hal Jordan! I thought for sure we'd be stuck with John Stewart again, considering he's been the go-to token black-Lantern for the Justice League 'toon and the upcoming movie. I must say I'm pleasantly surprised, and the DC fanboys will surely be pleased. Personally, my fave GL is Kyle Rayner, but Hal was my hero when I was growing up (right up there with Optimus Prime). Like Flash and Catwoman, I'm not really impressed with the costume tweaks, but I've seen much worse before, and I'm so shocked it's Hal that I'll cease my bitching right now.

Just a Person
1212th Post

"Wonder Woman, Raiden, Kano and Deathstroke" , posted Thu 21 Aug 02:38post reply

All four of them were confirmed at the Leipzig Games Convention 2008. I'm glad for three of them, but wish Kano was replaced with Mileena. After all, now there's only one spot left for each side, and with a great part of the MK fans begging for Johnny Cage or Reptile (and the lack of a third iconic heroine or villainess in DC), Mileena's chances are next to none...

Anyway, here you can see a video of MKvsDC presented at the Leipzig Convention, plus a low-quality render of Wonder Woman (nice, but her face doesn't look very realistic for the next-gen standards, besides the fact her face looks like a middle-aged woman who had plastic surgery...).

ZamIAm
1748th Post

"Re(1):Wonder Woman, Raiden, Kano and Deathstr" , posted Thu 21 Aug 13:52post reply

quote:
All four of them were confirmed at the Leipzig Games Convention 2008. I'm glad for three of them, but wish Kano was replaced with Mileena. After all, now there's only one spot left for each side, and with a great part of the MK fans begging for Johnny Cage or Reptile (and the lack of a third iconic heroine or villainess in DC), Mileena's chances are next to none...

Anyway, here you can see a video of MKvsDC presented at the Leipzig Convention, plus a low-quality render of Wonder Woman (nice, but her face doesn't look very realistic for the next-gen standards, besides the fact her face looks like a middle-aged woman who had plastic surgery...).

It took them long enough to confirm WW. I expected Raiden to show up and I'm very glad to see Deathstroke. The last playable character for both sides seems to be a complete wildcard now. I'm pretty sure that the MK character will be another villian.

ZamIAm
1749th Post

"Joker's Moves and Fatality" , posted Mon 25 Aug 00:39post reply

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38955.html

Iron D
2958th Post

"Re(1):Joker's Moves and Fatality" , posted Mon 25 Aug 01:37post reply

quote:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38955.html

That fatality is freakin' awesome, but his normals make him look too much like he's a trained fighter.

I'd like to know how the heck his fatality is supposed to work on Superman, though.

Er.....

dr baghead
3774th Post

"Re(2):Joker's Moves and Fatality" , posted Mon 25 Aug 02:59post reply

quote:
I'd like to know how the heck his fatality is supposed to work on Superman, though.

Joker's a villian in the DC Universe, ergo: Unlimited access to Kryptonite.

Answer: Kryptonite Bullet.

I kinda wish they had the sound up on the game he was playing, it'd be nice to know how annoying the Joker's laugh was going to be

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)
my silly little drawin's

Ishmael
3258th Post

"Re(2):Joker's Moves and Fatality" , posted Mon 25 Aug 03:00post reply

Sheesh, they are really dancing around that "T" rating. While I can understand trying to seperate his card projectile from anything that Oswald or Gambit did is there any reason why Joker's card has to the size of a telephone book?

Gojira
2428th Post

"Re(3):Joker's Moves and Fatality" , posted Mon 25 Aug 06:46post reply

quote:

Joker's a villian in the DC Universe, ergo: Unlimited access to Kryptonite.

Answer: Kryptonite Bullet.

I kinda wish they had the sound up on the game he was playing, it'd be nice to know how annoying the Joker's laugh was going to be

No, rather than coming up with a bunch of crappy character-by-character explanations, Midway's official all-encompassing nerd-repellant bomb is "Superman is very suck in magic realm, bullet and punch hurt Superman very much in MK yay"

shipoopi

Just a Person
1213th Post

"Re(4):Joker's Moves and Fatality" , posted Mon 25 Aug 20:35post reply

Joker's fatality is awesome! One of the best fatalities the MK games have seen in a long time.

But am I seeing things, or Kitana's hair and hair ribbons look like they are made of steel, with little or no movements? I hope Midway fixes it.

Tai-Pan
279th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):Joker's Moves and Fatality" , posted Mon 25 Aug 22:31post reply

quote:
Joker's fatality is awesome! One of the best fatalities the MK games have seen in a long time.

But am I seeing things, or Kitana's hair and hair ribbons look like they are made of steel, with little or no movements? I hope Midway fixes it.

Yes it is.

No they won't.

crazymike
1467th Post

"Re(6):Joker's Moves and Fatality" , posted Tue 26 Aug 09:34post reply

I admit MK v.s DC looks a little crude in the visuals department but honestly this project actually gives me some enthusiasm.

Soul Calibur 4 is beautiful as hell but honestly I got bored with it in 5 minutes as it brought nothing new to the table, and the Yoda cameo really was kind of Lame in the end as they tried to be so serious about it it came off as pretentious.

At least Midway knows it is nutty and are sticking with it.