Space Invaders Extreme is an excellent game - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1595 Views )

EddyT
632th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Space Invaders Extreme is an excellent game" , posted Sun 24 Feb 10:09post reply

It came out for PSP and DS just a few days ago. It is a wonderful remake of the classic. New weapons, new types and styles of invaders, catchy techno/trance tunes, new color-combo and shape-combo system and beautiful visual design.

Oh yeah, Space Invaders is 30 years old. Crazy.

Replies:

sfried
108th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Space Invaders Extreme is an excellent" , posted Sun 24 Feb 11:37post reply

Does the DS version support the Arkanoid spinner?

Grave
997th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Space Invaders Extreme is an excellent" , posted Sun 24 Feb 13:04post reply

It does! And supposedly it's wonderful to use with it.

HAYATO
851th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Space Invaders Extreme is an excellent" , posted Thu 28 Feb 17:20post reply

quote:
It came out for PSP and DS just a few days ago. It is a wonderful remake of the classic. New weapons, new types and styles of invaders, catchy techno/trance tunes, new color-combo and shape-combo system and beautiful visual design.

Oh yeah, Space Invaders is 30 years old. Crazy.

Yeah, the PSP version is really great. To be honest, I must admit that I never thought I'd be playing any Space Invaders game 30 years after its original release. In fact, that's the first time I ever played Space Invaders IIRC...

And now what? Did someone just say "Pacman Extreme"? Because I think I just heard someone say "Pacman Extreme"...

Professor
2439th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Space Invaders Extreme is an excellent" , posted Fri 29 Feb 00:18:post reply

quote:

Played the DS version, it reminds me a lot of Rez, the way the music interacts with how you're doing. Pretty good game IMO.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 29 Feb 00:31]

sfried
111th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Space Invaders Extreme is an excellent" , posted Fri 29 Feb 11:31:post reply

quote:
Played the DS version, it reminds me a lot of Rez, the way the music interacts with how you're doing. Pretty good game IMO.

The DS version also has online and wireless 2 player.

Looks like Square-Enix might bring it here in June for $20.

[this message was edited by sfried on Fri 29 Feb 11:32]

badoor
8th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Space Invaders Extreme is an excellent" , posted Fri 29 Feb 12:13post reply

quote:

And now what? Did someone just say "Pacman Extreme"? Because I think I just heard someone say "Pacman Extreme"...

Pac man C.E could be what you are hearing.

I thought to import it on the DS but there is a lot of DS games that should keep me busy till square-enix brings it (apollo justice, prof. layton, ninja gaiden DS)

sfried
111th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Space Invaders Extreme is an excellent" , posted Fri 29 Feb 13:22post reply

The question is whether they'll bring the paddle along with it.