Monster AC: doujin Arcade Again - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2448 Views )

Spoon
1511th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Monster AC: doujin Arcade Again" , posted Sun 17 Feb 05:53post reply

http://gigazine.net/index.php?/news/comments/20080215_monster_ac/

Looks like Monster got picked up by examu, and will be releasing on their arcade hardware.

That makes... the third doujin fighter to get an arcade release?
At the very least, the second announcement of one in the span of about a year (the other being Blitzkampf).
Makes me wonder when tasofro will get one of their games released in the arcades.

It'd also be quite funny if one day there are so many doujin arcade transfers that SBO ends up running an entire day for them.

Replies:

exodus
4070th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Monster AC: doujin Arcade Again" , posted Mon 18 Feb 03:32post reply

quote:
http://gigazine.net/index.php?/news/comments/20080215_monster_ac/

Looks like Monster got picked up by examu, and will be releasing on their arcade hardware.

hey, nice. I played this in Japan in an arcade in september...it was just running on a PC in a cabinet. Pretty decent game, in spite of the furriness.

Baines
218th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Monster AC: doujin Arcade Again" , posted Mon 18 Feb 09:33post reply

quote:
It'd also be quite funny if one day there are so many doujin arcade transfers that SBO ends up running an entire day for them.

Probably shouldn't be surprising, as it is certainly lower risk and probably lower cost for a company to pick up an already proven doujin release than to make their own from scratch.

Gojira
2303th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Monster AC: doujin Arcade Again" , posted Mon 18 Feb 16:05post reply

I don't know, nothing against Monster but from what I played of it, it really feels like the lower end of the "good" doujin games. I think this is more a sign that publishers are trying to cut development costs by taking advantage of doujin circles that will produce a game without any budget incentives. IMHO

Spoon
1513th Post

"Re(3):Monster AC: doujin Arcade Again" , posted Tue 19 Feb 04:45post reply

quote:
I don't know, nothing against Monster but from what I played of it, it really feels like the lower end of the "good" doujin games. I think this is more a sign that publishers are trying to cut development costs by taking advantage of doujin circles that will produce a game without any budget incentives. IMHO

It reminds me of how the mod developing scene turned into a springing ground for new franchises, except less cynical because many of these doujin games are already being sold for money.

But Monster is a lot better than you say it is, at least from what I've seen and heard. I hear that the demo version of it is really quite gimped and not up to date with all the unique mechanics of the current game.

TreIII
83th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Monster AC: doujin Arcade Again" , posted Tue 19 Feb 09:41post reply

I, for one, definitely do appreciate the sprite graphics being overhauled. That ultra-pixelated look in the original PC game got on my nerves, and really detracted from the presentation of the game, in my opinion.

But any way...I'm interested. If this AC release gets a PS2 port, or re-ported back to the PC, I'll probably buy it.

...Only thing I need to hear now is that, the reason Tasofro put Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (the follow-up to Touhou Immaterial and Missing Power), is because they wanted to release that game in arcades as well. Then pretty much every doujin game that I care about would stand to have an arcade release... XD

Dokuganryu wa Date jya ne you see?

Spoon
1514th Post

"Re(5):Monster AC: doujin Arcade Again" , posted Tue 19 Feb 09:58post reply

quote:

...Only thing I need to hear now is that, the reason Tasofro put Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (the follow-up to Touhou Immaterial and Missing Power), is because they wanted to release that game in arcades as well. Then pretty much every doujin game that I care about would stand to have an arcade release... XD

There are mutterings that the delay in the release of the IaMP sequel is because they are prepping it for an arcade release.

TreIII
84th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Monster AC: doujin Arcade Again" , posted Tue 19 Feb 10:36post reply

quote:

There are mutterings that the delay in the release of the IaMP sequel is because they are prepping it for an arcade release.

Well, if it IS true...score! ...Even if it WOULD mean that the proper PC port would be delayed for another couple of months... ^^;

Dokuganryu wa Date jya ne you see?