Random new random news thread - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (7775 Views )

Sensenic
1590th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Random new random news thread" , posted Tue 29 Jan 20:20:post reply

While everybody seems to be orgasming over Brawl today (me included), this little piece of news seems to have been a little overlooked.

Kirby Ultra Super Deluxe announced, DS remake of SNES' Kirby Super Star.

According to ye olde wiki it will have Wi-Fi CoOp Mode.

The Halberd's design seems to have been a little brawl-ed, heheh.

EDIT: Ooopsie, never mind, little timeline. >.<
Great to learn about it anyway. ^_^U

Like the wind...

"When the finger points to heaven the idiot looks at the finger."
-A kid from Amélie.

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Tue 29 Jan 20:31]

Replies:

IkariDC
710th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Random new random news thread" , posted Tue 29 Jan 22:31post reply

Irem and Hammerin' Harry return to PSP! Ikuze Gensan!!

I liked the original arcade a lot, but I didn't like all of the console ports and spinnoffs they did afterwards. The original was hard as hell, I remember I witnessed someone 1c it in front of me and I just couldn't believe it.

GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD

Ishmael
3044th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 30 Jan 00:02post reply

After coming to the conclusion that they couldn't possibly top Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects, EA and Marvel decided that they won't make any more fighting games together.

D`Cloud
195th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 30 Jan 00:12post reply

quote:
After coming to the conclusion that they couldn't possibly top Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects, EA and Marvel decided that they won't make any more fighting games together.

what!? you've got to be kidding me.

how can you top something that was never on top?

thank god marvel is looking for a new developer other than EA.

http://www.dustinuy.com

Iggy
8345th Post

"Re(4):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 30 Jan 01:42post reply

One year and 5 month after god Hand, Mikami is going to start on a new game.

YEEEEEEEES!!!

KTallguy
1003th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(5):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 30 Jan 03:36post reply

quote:
One year and 5 month after god Hand, Mikami is going to start on a new game.

YEEEEEEEES!!!

This IS awesome news.

I hope that Takada does the soundtrack. He's having a lecture at GDC too!

Play to win.

Ishmael
3048th Post

"Re(6):Random new random news thread" , posted Fri 1 Feb 01:26post reply

The bonus round in Tekken 6 hits back.

Amazingly, Warriors Orochi is getting another game.

alsa
24th Post

New Customer

"Re(7):Random new random news thread" , posted Fri 1 Feb 21:41post reply

quote:
The bonus round in Tekken 6 hits back.

wat huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/16/133550/V3.png [Image Attached]

Iggy
8350th Post

"Re(7):Random new random news thread" , posted Fri 1 Feb 21:56post reply

Front Mission will be the last Square series to survive the Nomura/FF onslaught. The mobile phone game is being ported to DS.

Star Ocean 2 Second Evolution will have a trailer of Star Ocean 4 with the first press.

Ishmael
3049th Post

"Re(8):Random new random news thread" , posted Fri 1 Feb 23:58post reply

Just in case you missed the news, the page for the US release of Arcana Hearts is up and running.

NARUTO
3610th Post

"Re(9):Random new random news thread" , posted Mon 4 Feb 18:00post reply

SNKP announced that KOF 12 will be shown at the AOU show the next 15-16 of this month. So far only a trailer is announced, but we didn't know if it'll be a image slideshow or real ingame vids.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Ishmael
3052th Post

"Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 6 Feb 01:33:post reply

quote:
SNKP announced that KOF 12 will be shown at the AOU show the next 15-16 of this month. So far only a trailer is announced, but we didn't know if it'll be a image slideshow or real ingame vids.

I wish them the best but between BlazBlue and Capcom's new fighting game offerings SNKP is really going to have its work cut out for it.

EDITED TO INCLUDE SOMETHING BESIDES JUST ME BEING SNARKY: I haven't heard this bit of conjecture before, but Marvel might set up their own game division. Considering how interested the company is in controlling all aspects of their IP's that idea doesn't seem all that far-fetched.

[this message was edited by Ishmael on Wed 6 Feb 04:39]

NARUTO
3611th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 6 Feb 18:35post reply

quote:
I wish them the best but between BlazBlue and Capcom's new fighting game offerings SNKP is really going to have its work cut out for it.

Well it's gonna make something like they spend 2 years on the game so...good end something good.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Grave
990th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 6 Feb 20:06post reply

quote:
Kirby Ultra Super Deluxe announced, DS remake of SNES' Kirby Super Star.

I totally missed this til now. I guess this means we won't be getting Kirby Super Star on Virtual Console at any time in the near future. Great.

Arngrim
324th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 7 Feb 01:44post reply

The dating simulators company named SNK proudly releases yet another dating sim (this time original), titled Nidome no Kiss.

But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one that put you into the desert.

Sensenic
1595th Post

"Re(3):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 7 Feb 23:19post reply

quote:
The dating simulators company named SNK proudly releases yet another dating sim (this time original), titled Nidome no Kiss.

After so many stories centered around "the first kiss", this one goes for the second.
Original indeed. ^_^

Like the wind...

"When the finger points to heaven the idiot looks at the finger."
-A kid from Amélie.

Ishmael
3056th Post

"Re(4):Random new random news thread" , posted Tue 12 Feb 01:19post reply

It took long enough, but a Major League Eating game is finally coming out. Does this mean that children can now play as their hero Kobayashi?

The Wii is such an amazing console that it heals the sick.

Iggy
8378th Post

"Re(5):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 21 Feb 04:13post reply

I'm not sure where to put it, but I really, really would hate to own an arcade business in Japan this year :

3/4 Gundam vs Gundam
3/14 Arcana Heart 2
3/18 KOF98UM
4? Sengoku BASARA X
4? Samurai Spirits Sen
6? Fate Unlimited codes
6? Drum Mania V5
6? Guitar Freaks V5
6? Lord of Vermillion (Road ? that SquarE game)
summer Melty Blood Actress Again
7? Street Fighter 4
11? Blablue

Plus some random doujin game I may have forgotten.
There won't be enough people to play all this, and not enough business to buy all this...

The first victim of this rush might very well be Arcana 2 : a rumour states that the Sega and Namco centers wouldn't buy it. Too bad, because the game seems to enhance greatly the first one (and not FULL, interestingly). And the combos are much shorter.
I hope I hope I hope this won't become another TRF2. I'm eager to study all the combinations with all the new arcanas.

Basara and Samusupi don't seem to have a lot of chances to survive the onslaught either. I can't decide for 98UM : will it fail miserably or will it allow SNK to survive until KOFXII is released ?

Either way Gundam and Fate/ should win the first 3 month, then it's up to SF4.

Tough year.

Maou
1375th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(6):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 21 Feb 04:18post reply

quote:

Plus some random doujin game I may have forgotten.
There won't be enough people to play all this, and not enough business to buy all this...
Yeah, this is weird, I don't get if somehow the developers just realized that there ARE people who still like arcade games, especially of a 2D variety, or what. There's not really much accounting for this new surge, to my mind, especially when the scene in 2006 was still basically the standby Capcom and Sammy games from a few years back.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Ishmael
3071th Post

"Re(7):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 21 Feb 06:01post reply

Dang it, nobody told me it was time to switch avatars.

The idea that there is an embarrassment of riches when it comes to fighting games is a strange turnaround. Is there even enough arcades that would appeal to fighting game fans left in Japan to support this surge? While I'm sure that the Japanese arcade scene is a bit better off than their flat-lining American counterparts how many of them are now soley based around crane games or the like?

While I'm certain that not every one of these games is going to survive I do wonder if some of these titles -such as Basara and SF4- are being used more as advertisments for the home release than anything. I also like that no one believes that KoF XII is going to come out in 2008.

Maou
1376th Post

"Re(8):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 21 Feb 06:06post reply

Quick, join the avatar party before it's too passe!

quote:
While I'm sure that the Japanese arcade scene is a bit better off than their flat-lining American counterparts how many of them are now soley based around crane games or the like?

Crane games and Mah Jong will never die! In all seriousness, they probably won't. But in 06 Guilty Gear, 3S, Soul Calibur 3 Mildly Less Terrible Edition, Tekken5/6(forget, lost since 3), and Zero 3 (seriously) still seemed like among the most attractive choices, so clearly it's time for something new, but it seems like it's been time for something new since, say, 2004 at least? Is 2D interest on the rise? I really don't get what's going on in 2008.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Iggy
8379th Post

"Re(8):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 21 Feb 07:14post reply

Maou : you forget Virtua Fighter 5. The game is not as popular as it could have been, but it still had a solid base.
quote:
Dang it, nobody told me it was time to switch avatars.

Yeah, sorry. With the AOU, I forgot for several hours that Vampire was the greatest series ever, and I vowed to never let that happen again.

quote:
While I'm sure that the Japanese arcade scene is a bit better off than their flat-lining American counterparts how many of them are now soley based around crane games or the like?

That's the problem. The times are harsh since 2001, then with the Atomiswave's travesty, and now things have been even worse with the release of the Wii. I don't know where this is going, but it seems like the '98 bubble, except the fighting game scene is ten times smaller. I really don't understand.

quote:
I do wonder if some of these titles -such as Basara and SF4- are being used more as advertisments for the home release than anything.

Basara is especially an interesting subject in that it aims for a totally different demography : the yaoi fangirls. If they manage to attract them, then they can survive since their public is essentially different from the other's. It might be a good idea for the arcades to buy one, to have a wider offer.
But the game is sooooo late... It could have worked if it had been released last autumn. Now...
The problem with yaoi fangirls is that they fall in love with something new every ten seconds. I'm not sure there will be much Motochika X whoever next summer.

Spoon
1516th Post

"Re(9):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 21 Feb 10:02post reply

quote:

Basara is especially an interesting subject in that it aims for a totally different demography : the yaoi fangirls. If they manage to attract them, then they can survive since their public is essentially different from the other's.

Maybe if the disparate nerd demographics can be united at each location, the resulting increase in nerd population will have a snowballing effect in spending at the arcades.

Or maybe they'll start getting together, then getting married and having children, and find that with so much time devoted to their jobs and their family, the best avenue for their entertainment for the whole family is the Wii, and all returns to nothing.

TreIII
87th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 21 Feb 10:38post reply

I'm betting that BASARA X will probably end up on the Wii and PS2 alike, just like its "predecessors" (in different respects), GG:AC and HEROES did so last year. That much is pretty much definite.

Any way, I'm still willing to bet that things will probably work out, even for supposedly "lower-tiered" games like SBX, KOF:UM, Akatsuki and SSS. For the first time in a long while, arcade-goers will actually have multiple things to look forward to over the course of Golden Week and the Summer months, times which usually are dry, utterly-boring months. Instead of going to the arcades, and only having old crap to play, now they got a whole bunch of new stuff to play! There's gotta be SOME THING that will attract everyone. :D

If nothing else, this plethora of arcade gaming will hopefully do more to stimulate the business for at least a good spell. And furthermore, the "big guns" that everyone is waiting to see more of still won't arrive until a number of months down the road.

Dokuganryu wa Date jya ne you see?

Iggy
8380th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 21 Feb 21:07post reply

Insert image macro "denial" here.

Iggy
8385th Post

"KOF MIA 2 is not dead (yet)" , posted Sat 23 Feb 00:51post reply

So, I was feeling naughty and I was thinking "let's make fun of Falcoon".

Turns out the game is announced for summer. Yes, against SF4. I LOLed.

As for the characters, two are mentioned on the side storis published on MIA's site : Andy on one hand, A NEW CHARACTER who happens to be... Joe's student on the other. Female student. A new female Thai fighter beside king ? The equivalent to Kim's Chae Lim ?
Who knows. Also, nothing says they will be in the game, maybe they only have a role in the scenario (and we all know what MIA's scenario is worth).
There were other characters as well (including a pathetic scene with Ninon talking to Goenitz's ghost) but these two seem the most important.

Also, we know one (some ?) characters will be from Ryűkô no Ken, and rumor on the street say Tôdô would be the first (or the only one)(with maybe Kasumi as a copypasta).

Ishmael
3072th Post

"Re(1):KOF MIA 2 is not dead (yet)" , posted Sat 23 Feb 01:24post reply

At some point SNK could put out a game populated with nothing but young female versions of previously established characters. She-Joe, Leona, Kasumi, Rock... they could all be in there.

Yes, I know it's easy to make fun of the MI series and the addition of Andy isn't helping matters. Still, unlike SS Sen, I'm certain the game will at least be playable on a fun, silly level.

Iggy
8387th Post

"Re(2):KOF MIA 2 is not dead (yet)" , posted Sat 23 Feb 01:27post reply

quote:
At some point SNK could put out a game populated with nothing but young female versions of previously established characters. She-Joe, Leona, Kasumi, Rock... they could all be in there.

Don't forget Miss X !
I hope they make a SNK Gals Fighters 2 before they die.

Cain Highwind
775th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):KOF MIA 2 is not dead (yet)" , posted Sat 23 Feb 05:50post reply

quote:
So, I was feeling naughty and I was thinking "let's make fun of Falcoon".

As for the characters, two are mentioned on the side storis published on MIA's site : Andy on one hand, A NEW CHARACTER who happens to be... Joe's student on the other. Female student. A new female Thai fighter beside king ? The equivalent to Kim's Chae Lim ?
Who knows. Also, nothing says they will be in the game, maybe they only have a role in the scenario (and we all know what MIA's scenario is worth).
There were other characters as well (including a pathetic scene with Ninon talking to Goenitz's ghost) but these two seem the most important.

Also, we know one (some ?) characters will be from Ryűkô no Ken, and rumor on the street say Tôdô would be the first (or the only one)(with maybe Kasumi as a copypasta).

You know I was JUST THINKING about Muy Thai representation for MI since that was still missing. I was figuring King would be the best bet since I;m sure Falcoon would just LOVE to get her out of her business suit and intro something with more fanservice.

But a female student of Joe's? That just sounds incredibly odd, not to mention repetitive as it's just the same thing as Chae. But Chae actually made sense as Kim isn't a ladies man (unless she was some goofy fan or something and resembled MKomoko, that I could see). I was also hoping for Joe to see some Joe/Lily interaction. I mean are they still dating?

NARUTO
3621th Post

"Re(1):KOF MIA 2 is not dead (yet)" , posted Sun 24 Feb 00:22post reply

quote:
Who konws maybe those to crappy game will just negate each other...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Professor
2438th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Sorting out fighter release dates" , posted Sun 24 Feb 03:01:post reply

quote:
Turns out the game is announced for summer. Yes, against SF4. I LOLed. Who konws maybe those to crappy game will just negate each other...

OK, let's get all of this sorted out, here it goes.

02/28/08 - Akatuki Denkousenki: Ausf. Achse
03/04/08 - Gundam vs Gundam
03/14/08 - Arcana Heart 2
03/18/08 - KOF 98: Ultimate Match
04/17/08 - Samurai Spirits Sen
04/??/08 - Sengoku Basara X
06/??/08 - Fate: Unlimited Code
07/??/08 - Street Fighter IV
Summer/08- KOF: Maximum Impact Regulation A2
Summer/08- Melty Blood: Actress Again
11/??/08 - Blazblue
??/??/08 - KOF XII

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 24 Feb 03:21]

NARUTO
3622th Post

"Re(1):Sorting out fighter release dates" , posted Sun 24 Feb 03:31post reply

quote:
OK, let's get all of this sorted out, here it goes.

02/28/08 - Akatuki Denkousenki: Ausf. Achse
03/04/08 - Gundam vs Gundam
03/14/08 - Arcana Heart 2
03/18/08 - KOF 98: Ultimate Match
04/17/08 - Samurai Spirits Sen
04/??/08 - Sengoku Basara X
06/??/08 - Fate: Unlimited Code
07/??/08 - Street Fighter IV
Summer/08- KOF: Maximum Impact Regulation A2
Summer/08- Melty Blood: Actress Again
11/??/08 - Blazblue
??/??/08 - KOF XII

So I do fear that in March Gundam Vs Gundam will swallow Arcana 2 and KOF98...KOF98 will be safe due to his presence in the next tougeki, but still...

Then in April SS Sen et Basara will keep the player warm, but nothing much ...

in summer KOFMIA2 et SF4 will as I said negate each other and melty blood will survive due to his fan crowd...

Finaly it KOF 12 that will get all the "place" he need when he'll be out...
At least I thtink that thing may happen like this...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Iggy
8391th Post

"Re(1):Sorting out fighter release dates" , posted Sun 24 Feb 21:44post reply

Oh, and let's not forget Soulcalibur 4 is supposed to be released for consoles around the same time. Does the PS3 port of Tekken6 has a release date yet ? And what about VF5R ?

This is insane.

EddyT
633th Post

"Re(2):Sorting out fighter release dates" , posted Sun 24 Feb 22:07post reply

quote:
Oh, and let's not forget Soulcalibur 4 is supposed to be released for consoles around the same time. Does the PS3 port of Tekken6 has a release date yet ? And what about VF5R ?

This is insane.

Soul Calibur IV is slated for a June release. Tekken 6 has no exact release date, although US video game shop/conglomerate of evil and tyranny Gamestop/EB lists this game as a November 28th release.

If I were a betting man, I would say that Tekken 6 will be released for the PS3 in Japan in about 3 months time. And if I were a betting man, I would have no money to pay for my bets, so I would end up an indentured servant to someone who preys on betting men. And praise Jeebus I'm not a betting man...

Spoon
1519th Post

"Re(2):Sorting out fighter release dates" , posted Mon 25 Feb 04:40post reply

quote:

This is insane.

At this rate, the Professor will have to start updating the site again!

Iggy
8392th Post

"Re(3):Sorting out fighter release dates" , posted Mon 25 Feb 05:56post reply

quote:
At this rate, the Professor will have to start updating the site again!

Faito !

EddyT
634th Post

"Re(4):Sorting out fighter release dates" , posted Mon 25 Feb 17:40post reply

quote:

Faito !

Did you say "fatto"?

Did somebody say "steak"?!!!!!

NARUTO
3623th Post

"Re(2):Sorting out fighter release dates" , posted Mon 25 Feb 18:13post reply

quote:

This is insane.

the only thing official now, is that Namco said the the tk6 home port will be made after the SC4 home port...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

GekigangerV
1517th Post

"Ghosts 'n Goblins Online announed" , posted Sat 1 Mar 12:02post reply

South Korea developer

Not much news from what I can tell. The developer is Seed9 who apparently made this rhythm game. I guess I am slightly interested. However, the only MMO I ever got into was Ultima Online.

Iggy
8399th Post

"Re(1):Ghosts 'n Goblins Online announed" , posted Sat 1 Mar 18:46post reply

quote:
Ghosts 'n Goblins Online announed

AGAIN!?

Zepy
1437th Post

"Re(2): Tomak" , posted Sat 1 Mar 22:11:post reply

quote:
Ghosts 'n Goblins Online announed AGAIN!?

I didn't realise till now that Seed9 was making it, haha! The last boss is definitely going to be a head in a pot!

[this message was edited by Zepy on Sat 1 Mar 22:11]

NARUTO
3624th Post

"Re(2):Ghosts 'n Goblins Online announed" , posted Sun 2 Mar 19:04post reply

quote:
Ghosts 'n Goblins Online announed
AGAIN!?

It remebers me, that I syill have the flyers of the old Chinese made version... I always was curious to know why did they cancel it. Come on, what could be more fun than a game where every characters runs in underwears, with great names like "Killer58" or "Dante239".....

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Ishmael
3078th Post

"SC4 and SF2:HD stuff" , posted Mon 3 Mar 06:05post reply

SS, SF, SC, SBX... too many fighting games start with the letter "S." Anyway, some new info about previously announced fighters has come out.

Changes to Cammy in SF2:HD are discussed.

Kilik, Lizardman and Xianghua show up in SC4. Who does the character art for the SC series? I really like the life and personality it has, especially when compared to the weird, serious stares the characters have in-game.

Ishmael
3079th Post

"SC4 and SF2:HD stuff" , posted Mon 3 Mar 06:05post reply

SS, SF, SC, SBX... too many fighting games start with the letter "S." Anyway, some new info about previously announced fighters has come out.

Changes to Cammy in SF2:HD are discussed.

Kilik, Lizardman and Xianghua show up in SC4. Who does the character art for the SC series? I really like the life and personality it has, especially when compared to the weird, serious stares the characters have in-game.

Juan
4449th Post

"Re(1):SC4 and SF2:HD stuff" , posted Mon 3 Mar 12:00post reply

quote:

Kilik

Looks like he went to apply for a employment at Dynasty Warriors.

think well your answer

sfried
117th Post

Regular Customer

"Re: DoDonPachi Daioujo, Ketsui for 360" , posted Thu 6 Mar 01:38:post reply

I wondered is anybody has posted of this yet.
Apparently Famitsu also confirms it.

[this message was edited by sfried on Thu 6 Mar 11:01]

Spoon
1526th Post

"Re(1):Re: DoDonPachi Daioujo, Ketsui for 360" , posted Thu 6 Mar 02:44post reply

quote:
I wondered is anybody has posted of thisyet.
Apparently Famitsu also confirms it.

Considering that Trigger Heart Exelica came out for 360 in North America (!), I wouldn't be surprised.

sfried
117th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Re: DoDonPachi Daioujo, Ketsui for 360" , posted Thu 6 Mar 11:02post reply

quote:
Considering that Trigger Heart Exelica came out for 360 in North America (!), I wouldn't be surprised.

I thought Cave hardly does ports for any of their games?

Iggy
8408th Post

"Re(1):Random new random news thread" , posted Fri 7 Mar 21:58post reply

If anoyone complained that KOF 98 UM offered nothing new, the new Heidern sure has an interesting twist.

Kyouji
57th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Random new random news thread" , posted Fri 7 Mar 22:31post reply

quote:
If anoyone complained that KOF 98 UM offered nothing new, the new Heidern sure has an interesting twist.

Chubby midget.

Iggy
8409th Post

"Re(3):Random new random news thread" , posted Sat 8 Mar 02:01post reply

"we're leaving Final Fight and Maximo in hibernation."

Ishmael
3083th Post

"Re(4):Random new random news thread" , posted Sat 8 Mar 02:55post reply

quote:

Finally, some good news!

Spoon
1528th Post

"Re(5):Random new random news thread" , posted Sat 8 Mar 08:27post reply

quote:

Finally, some good news!

But I heard that Maximo was good!

EddyT
638th Post

"Re(6):Random new random news thread" , posted Sat 8 Mar 10:09post reply

Was Final Fight Streetwise that bad? I never got a chance to play it.

Perhaps FF would have been better if they didn't farm it out to a less-experienced studio, much less a Capcom US studio.

kofoguz
576th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Random new random news thread" , posted Sat 8 Mar 18:22post reply

quote:

Finally, some good news!

But I heard that Maximo was good!

Yes, for me first Maximo was good,too. But if they referring MAximo vs. Army of Zin that was bad. Really, it sucks. I dont know how they achieved that but it sucked.

I dont know whether FF:Streetwise sucked or not cause I didnt care to play the rest.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Sensenic
1604th Post

"Re(7):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 13 Mar 19:38:post reply

Valkyrie Profile: The Accused One announced for DS on VJump

And a couple of pics

Moonspeak ver.

The main character's not a valkyrie nor a god nor a girl? And isometric!
Quite a departure.

EDIT: Maybe they pull out a FFXII/Mana and this is a tactical RPG? Does look a little like so in the second pic.

おやおやぁ~

"Farpaitement!"
-Obelix-

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Thu 13 Mar 19:40]

Sensenic
1607th Post

"Re(8):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 19 Mar 01:30:post reply

Double post for Persona-ness -which piques mny interest ever since ifrit_crisis showed me P3 ^_^-

Persona 4 announced for PS2, seems they're going for the direct sequel approach (at least gameplay and presentation-wise, dunno about the plot).

First Famitsu scans:
http20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/KidMarin/P4c.jpg
http20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/KidMarin/P4-1.jpg
http20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/KidMarin/P4a.jpg
http20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/KidMarin/P4b.jpg

Some points someone brought up (can't give sources as where I got it from don't give 'em)
quote:
- Trailer on DVD
- July 10th release
- 85% Complete
- Looks like Persona 3 but better
- 180+ Personas
- Hashino is directing, Soejima is art director and character designer, Meguro is composing

- Takes place in the countryside, a more nostalgic environment
- The theme is murder mystery/suspense, it's a mystery thriller with twists and turns
- Multiple endings
- 1.5x the size of P3
- 60-70 hours
- There is a weather forecast system, and whenever there is a fog, a murder occurs.

So it's weather this time instead of moon phase, Japanese mythology-inspired Personas (Izanagi, Tomoe, Jiraiya) instead of Tarot, more realistic, present day looking ambientation... And the "dating sim" part seems to cover all of the town instead of just the school?

But perhaps the most curious thing is that now personas are summoned not through firing a gun but... wearing glasses? Guess they clearly don't want any polemics this time... ^_^U

EDIT: linkin'

おやおやぁ~

"Farpaitement!"
-Obelix-

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Wed 19 Mar 01:32]

Evenor
628th Post

"Re(9):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 19 Mar 02:26post reply

quote:
Double post for Persona-ness -which piques mny interest ever since ifrit_crisis showed me P3 ^_^-

Persona 4 announced for PS2, seems they're going for the direct sequel approach (at least gameplay and presentation-wise, dunno about the plot).

P3 IS TAKING ME FOREVER TO COMPLETE.I've played 81 hours and I am still in December . While I enjoy it, the S.Link system sometimes bothers me. Besides that, P4 looks nice( even though the main character has lame hair)! The weather system seems neat and I wonder if you can control your party in battle ( one of the in-battle screens shows one of the secondary characters interface/HP-MP thing highlighted with the word COMMAND under it )

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Arngrim
327th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(9):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 19 Mar 04:03post reply

Finally first pics on Persona 4!!

The premise really looks really interesting.

On the one hand, I like the direction they have given to the characters. While looking pretty plain, I'm sure that they will be well-built, with complexities and lights and shadows. And this apparent plainness on the surface suits with the rural setting this time around, as opposed to the urban vibes of the P3 characters.

In my opinion, the timing of the events in P3 was very skillfully set, and this, I hope, will be an axiom on how the plot on P4 will unfold intelligently. This is a key point in a mystery/murder plot premise, and I have high expectations on this one from my experience with P3.

On the other hand, this issue about glasses sure is... striking, to say the least. I was really sure that they would come up with something even more farfetched and controversial than the guns in P3, but this thing about glasses is... well, for the moment I'll say that it is a pretty cliché idea (some people who can see whatever for whatever reasons that most people does not detect). However, this will give the opportunity to all those closet meganekko lovers will have a great time being able to put glasses on all the characters not seen since the likes of Biko 3.

Looking forward to more info on it!

But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one that put you into the desert.

Pollyanna
2462th Post

"Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 19 Mar 05:44:post reply

quote:

The premise really looks really interesting.

I can agree with this, but that's about it. I want to be hopeful, but look. LOOK.

We have a cool hero, a buddy guy character and a semi-spunky girl. Could there be a worse start?

It's looking like Persona 3 all over again. I tolerated the changes in P3...I even enjoyed a lot of them, but having finished the game now, I can't call it anything other than a complete insult to Persona. The game was crushed under the weight of its own mediocre writing.

The characters barely had an hours worth of development in them, let alone 100, but the game just plows on with pages and pages of text from people who don't have anything good to say. This could have been saved if the social link scenarios were interesting, or required any thought from a gameplay perspective. But no... you max out your personality stats by halfway through the game and still have 40-50 hours of 1-dimensional characters in meaningless scenarios to sit through.

I admit, I've seen worse writing and worse characters than in P3, but it's about as far from my ideal model as you can get and still have me pick the game up.

When I finished Persona 3, I felt like calling it "Persona 3" was a much greater insult than it would have been calling the first Persona "SMT 3".

Ah, but on the bright side, even if I'm not excited about the characters behind them, the designs look great, the world looks good, the concept seems solid enough and I'm sure the music and cut-scenes will be awesome.

EDIT: And if it's shorter than P3, that's good too.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

[this message was edited by Pollyanna on Wed 19 Mar 05:45]

nobinobita
294th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(9):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 20 Mar 05:39post reply

quote:

http20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/KidMarin/P4b.jpg

Thanks for the links! I really like the Takashi Murakami style death's head mushroom cloud in the lower left hand corner.

Zepy
1441th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 20 Mar 07:14post reply

Where did Kaneko go anyway?

I'm not sure I want to play another Persona 3...

Iggy
8423th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 20 Mar 07:32post reply

quote:

Did he even work on any persona ? I thought it was one of his pupils all along...

Zepy
1442th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 20 Mar 07:59post reply

quote:
Did he even work on any persona ? I thought it was one of his pupils all along...

He did the character designs, main persona designs and boss monster designs in Persona 1 and 2 but didn't do anything in 3 I think, aside from all his recycled designs.

Pollyanna
2464th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 20 Mar 10:27post reply

Yeah, Kaneko just didn't do the in-game art. Like...the character portraits.

I'm hoping Kaneko's working on SMT4, since they announced it kind of...casually a while back.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Iggy
8424th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 20 Mar 17:38post reply

quote:
I'm hoping Kaneko's working on SMT4, since they announced it kind of...casually a while back.

Yeah, but for PS3, when the console was just released and the disaster had just began.
The appearance of P4 on PS2 is extremely interesting from a business point of view. I wouldn't be surprised if Megaten4 was still just a bunch of ideas and sketches without a single line of coding.

Iggy
8433th Post

"Ôokuki pushed back AGAIN" , posted Fri 28 Mar 18:44post reply

04/10=>spring

http://www.famitsu.com/review/schedule/ps2soft.html

It reminds me of 2006, when Killer 7, Ôkami and Ôdama where delayed over and over. Good times, good times.

(Note : Ôokuki was first scheduled for the 14/09/2006).

NARUTO
3631th Post

"Re(1):Ôokuki pushed back AGAIN" , posted Fri 28 Mar 19:00post reply

A new trailer of RE5 poped out.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/194445.html?playlist=featured

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Iggy
8434th Post

"Capcom absorbs K2" , posted Sat 29 Mar 01:28post reply

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the same K2 that just developed Samurai Spirits Sen ?

Digitalboy
521th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Ôokuki pushed back AGAIN" , posted Sat 29 Mar 01:34post reply

EA wants Take-Two.

Take-Two is the developers of games such as Grand Theft Auto series and the Sega's 2k sports. It seems that EA is trying to do a hostile take over on Take-Two.

In my opinion, other than "FUCK EA," is that EA wants to buy them out before the next Grand Theft Auto comes out, reap in sales, and then close the studio.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Ishmael
3101th Post

"Re(1):Capcom absorbs K2" , posted Sat 29 Mar 03:40post reply

quote:
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the same K2 that just developed Samurai Spirits Sen ?

While scooping up K2 probably didn't take that much effort, why would Capcom want the company? Is Capcom interested in putting out Tenchu games? Actually, I wouldn't mind that at all.

Re: EA and Take-Two. In some perverse way I would like to see an EA produced GTA just to see a game where the purchasable DLC cost far more than the game.

Digitalboy
522th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Capcom absorbs K2" , posted Sat 29 Mar 04:16post reply

From the sound of this, have they pulled off something like this before?
quote:
In some perverse way I would like to see an EA produced GTA just to see a game where the purchasable DLC cost far more than the game.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

NARUTO
3633th Post

"Re(2):Capcom absorbs K2" , posted Sat 29 Mar 04:20post reply

quote:

While scooping up K2 probably didn't take that much effort, why would Capcom want the company? Is Capcom interested in putting out Tenchu games? Actually, I wouldn't mind that at all.

Well It's just one of my stupid speculation again, but ... you know, Tenchu...Onimusha...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

nobinobita
304th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Ôokuki pushed back AGAIN" , posted Sat 29 Mar 04:29post reply

This reminds me of Microsoft's supposed one billion dollar bid for Epic Games, which Epic promptly laughed off. I think these big companies just like to occasionally dangle their hooks and see if any fish bite. It doesn't cost anything to throw around numbers, and it's free press once the journalists start treating it like news.

quote:
EA wants to buy them out before the next Grand Theft Auto comes out, reap in sales, and then close the studio.

It would be rather ironic if EA could buyout Rockstar, have them create a game, then close them down before the game comes out (and not give them any credit for having worked on it). Especially since that's exactly what Rockstar has done to their own workers in the past.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=16081

Professor
2451th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Capcom buys out Samurai Shodown Sen developer" , posted Sat 29 Mar 21:12post reply

Iggy's already reported on it, but let me add the link to the English press release.

Capcom announced yesterday of its agreement with K2 corp. to make the company a full subsidiary effective May 1 2008.

And yes, this is the developer that's been working on Samurai Spirits Sen (Samurai Shodown: Edge of Destiny) for SNK Playmore.

Iggy
8436th Post

"Re(1):Random new random news thread" , posted Mon 31 Mar 04:57post reply

It doesn't really fit anywhere, so...
Some niconico movies of really good Korean players on 98UM.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2833457
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2833572

Annoying Iori is annoying, and ura king isn't any better, but at least they use several rare characters, including an impressive Lucky Glauber.
Also, NO KRAUZER.

Zepy
1449th Post

"Re(2):Random new random news thread" , posted Mon 31 Mar 06:26post reply

quote:
It doesn't really fit anywhere, so...
Some niconico movies of really good Korean players on 98UM.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2833457
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2833572

Annoying Iori is annoying, and ura king isn't any better, but at least they use several rare characters, including an impressive Lucky Glauber.
Also, NO KRAUZER.

Thanks for the links! I hadn't noticed that all these kof98um vids were being uploaded to nico and youtube.

Iggy
8439th Post

"Re(2):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 2 Apr 05:46post reply

98UM (along with regular 98) will be released on the 26/06, and so will Wakuwaku7 + Galaxy Fight.

Both games will be at 4480 yen. For the first one, that's cheaper than I thought. For the second, it's ridiculous.

(also, most Neogeo online collection games will be re-released in a The Best format, much better".

TreIII
98th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 2 Apr 12:52post reply

Also, Sengoku BASARA X is scheduled to get released on 6/26, as well.

Looks like my play-asia shipment is going to be pretty jam-packed this time around...

Nekros
6th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 2 Apr 18:55post reply

quote:

What? Sengoku Basara X on console?

Ishmael
3105th Post

"Re(5):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 3 Apr 03:26post reply

quote:

According to the scan over at Koei Warriors it appears so.

Spoon
1548th Post

"Re(6):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 3 Apr 04:41post reply

quote:

According to the scan over at Koei Warriors it appears so.

wow... is this game even going to be released in arcades, then?

because it sounds like the console game will be out within such a close time frame of the arcade version that i wonder if any arcade owner would want to stock it...

Iggy
8441th Post

"Re(7):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 3 Apr 05:11post reply

quote:
because it sounds like the console game will be out within such a close time frame of the arcade version that i wonder if any arcade owner would want to stock it...

It's not like they have the choice : no BasaraX, no Street Fighter 4.
Capcom is running a business, after all.

TreIII
100th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Random new random news thread" , posted Fri 4 Apr 11:47post reply

quote:
wow... is this game even going to be released in arcades, then?

Well, because they took so long to just release the damn game, they'll basically give arcade goers a 2 month lease on the game, before it will hit PS2s. Almost like a karmic balance for having us wait practically two years between HnK and its PS2! XD

But any way...it's not like Arcade Owners would stand to have that much to lose. The game is already dirt cheap (thanks to being on the System 256), and the quick PS2 port will just mean that people will have an additional means to practice their game before they may "take it to the streets".

Besides, it would be best to release the game now, as opposed to releasing it later, amongst the slew of other fighting games that may stand to overshadow it, or the eventual, proper BASARA sequel that would be of more importance to fans than a "mere spin-off".

So, such as it is, this is probably the best move that ASW and Capcom could make for the game.

Iggy
8442th Post

"Re(8):Random new random news thread" , posted Fri 4 Apr 18:03post reply

quote:
So, such as it is, this is probably the best move that ASW and Capcom could make for the game.

And the worst for the arcade owners, especially after the asshole move aforementioned.

EddyT
673th Post

"Re(9):Random new random news thread" , posted Fri 4 Apr 18:06post reply

I believe the new blog entry for Capcom Japan's Street Fighter IV says that there will be an announcement regarding the next loketest on 4/8.

SFIV blog

Can anyone confirm?

Iggy
8444th Post

"Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Fri 4 Apr 18:14post reply

quote:

Can anyone confirm?

It's about the new pics of El Forte. They'll talk of the location test, where El Forte will be playable, on the 8/4.

EddyT
674th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Fri 4 Apr 18:22post reply

quote:

Can anyone confirm?

It's about the new pics of El Forte. They'll talk of the location test, where El Forte will be playable, on the 8/4.

Thank you Iggy

I never learned how to READ

Iggy
8445th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Fri 4 Apr 18:29post reply

You're welcome. And thank you for pointing the pics of El Fuerte. He looks cool, I like him (but what is he doing with that fry pan ?)

Gojira
2330th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Fri 4 Apr 18:29post reply

Huh, they really added pics of him. And he's a goofball. But more importantly, something about that coloring looks really unnatural. Even among SF4 peers. Is that a muscle suit?

EddyT
676th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Fri 4 Apr 18:36:post reply

quote:
Huh, they really added pics of him. And he's a goofball. But more importantly, something about that coloring looks really unnatural. Even among SF4 peers. Is that a muscle suit?

El Fuerte's profile says something about him being a fighter and a cook, but he can't cook very well. He's basically what Dan was to the Alpha/Zero series.

SFIV Website, look under the "character" section

[this message was edited by EddyT on Fri 4 Apr 18:37]

Ishmael
3106th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Sat 5 Apr 00:18post reply

From his ability to play to the crowd to his belief that wearing the pants that have stars sewn onto the butt is a good idea El Fuerte is already a winner in my book.

badoor
18th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Sat 5 Apr 08:26post reply

quote:
Is that a muscle suit?

you think maybe "he" is a female wearing a muscle suit! which explains the topless part

but honestly he looks like he will have cool looking moves as with all great Luchadores. I would even say that he will probably benefit from being in a 3D environment more than all the other new characters due to the nature of his fighting style.

Evenor
632th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Sat 5 Apr 14:22post reply

He looks really short!

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

EddyT
677th Post

"SFIV Loketest this weekend" , posted Wed 9 Apr 18:40:post reply

Another day, another SFIV loketest.

This weekend in Osaka

El Fuerte playable.

I would write some bad-ass Lucha-Libre Spanish here, but me es muy gringo...

[this message was edited by EddyT on Wed 9 Apr 18:42]

Time Mage
2656th Post

"Re(1):SFIV Loketest this weekend" , posted Wed 9 Apr 19:27post reply

quote:
Another day, another SFIV loketest.

This weekend in Osaka

El Fuerte playable.

I would write some bad-ass Lucha-Libre Spanish here, but me es muy gringo...

I hope you can attend, I'd love to read some first hand impressions of El Fuerte.

...You can attend, right?

"News flash big guy: You can wax on wax off all you want I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"

EddyT
677th Post

"Re(2):SFIV Loketest this weekend" , posted Wed 9 Apr 20:40post reply

quote:

I hope you can attend, I'd love to read some first hand impressions of El Fuerte.

Confirmed. I will be there.

If I can sneak in some vids, I'll do it. I'm not going to risk getting kicked out, though. Last loketest, no cameras were allowed.

badoor
20th Post

New Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 9 Apr 21:49post reply

Miles Edgeworth: Perfect Prosecutor

Famitsu Scan 1
Famitsu Scan 2

I like how you can control Edgey like a regular platformer, running around the crime scene, even if it were just a cosmetic change, though I feel like it might create problems in terms of control if you were to move edgey with the d-pad and then switch to stylus for the investigations and such.

Funny how after introducing the new cast of characters on Apollo justice/Gyakuten Saiban 4 Capcom is going back to regulars like gumshoe and edgeworth. I guess the new guys weren't really popular. I haven't yet played Apollo justice so I'll reserve my judgement (no puns intended) until I can play it.

badoor
21th Post

New Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 9 Apr 21:52post reply

quote:

Famitsu Scan 1
Famitsu Scan 2

I like how you can control Edgey like a regular platformer, running around the crime scene, even if it were just a cosmetic change, though I feel like it might create problems in terms of control if you were to move edgey with the d-pad and then switch to stylus for the investigations and such.

Funny how after introducing the new cast of characters on Apollo justice/Gyakuten Saiban 4 Capcom is going back to regulars like gumshoe and edgeworth. I guess the new guys weren't really popular. I haven't yet played Apollo justice so I'll reserve my judgement (no puns intended) until I can play it.

EddyT
679th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 9 Apr 22:01:post reply

quote:

Famitsu Scan 1
Famitsu Scan 2

I played through Apollo. Not as good as the trilogy. And I guess Apollo didn't inspire horny amateur yaoi artists to launch endless waves of Apollo porn meet the high standards of the Ace Attorney series.

This game looks interesting, though. I wonder if Phoenix will be a regular in this game.

[this message was edited by EddyT on Wed 9 Apr 22:02]

Iggy
8446th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 10 Apr 01:30post reply

The game looks like crap, the new character looks like a reject villain from Sakura Taisen, and apparently Ero is not even working on it. Capcom broke the cash cow with 4, and now they are milking the last pennies out of it.

逆転オワッタ\(^o^)/

Just a Person
1121th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):SFIV Loketest this weekend" , posted Thu 10 Apr 04:47post reply

quote:

Confirmed. I will be there.

If I can sneak in some vids, I'll do it. I'm not going to risk getting kicked out, though. Last loketest, no cameras were allowed.

That's great! Thank you!

I wonder if El Fuerte will be the only new feature in this loketest... wasn't Abel revealed only at the first SFIV public demonstration?? Maybe this time Capcom could also reveal a fourth new character? Or another returning character (Vega, Cammy, etc.)? Or at least making Sagat and Balrog playable this time?

Yeah, maybe none of these things will happen, but at least we'll find out more about El Fuerte! Yay!

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Gojira
2331th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 10 Apr 06:06post reply

quote:

Famitsu Scan 1
Famitsu Scan 2

So does this mean the new director of Gyakuten franchise is Roberta Williams?

GAAAAAAN

Spoon
1551th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Thu 10 Apr 08:05post reply

quote:

So does this mean the new director of Gyakuten franchise is Roberta Williams?

Gyakuten Saiban: Evidence Makes the Heart Go Yonder

Maese Spt
411th Post

Gold Customer

"くらえ!" , posted Thu 10 Apr 11:58post reply

quote:

New PW crap

AWESOME!

Ishmael
3111th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Fri 11 Apr 00:03post reply

SF Online has added Zangief and fish heads.

Iron D
2852th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Random new random news thread" , posted Fri 11 Apr 05:35post reply

quote:

Uh...what the heck is all that? At first I though it was SFIV, but upon closer inspection that's not the case.

Er.....

EddyT
680th Post

"EDITED: SFIV Loketest info" , posted Fri 11 Apr 13:17:post reply

Reno from shoryuken.com has reported that the phone website for SFIV now features a use for "zenny", which is currency you win during games played with your IC card. You can use zenny to buy new colors for your character's outfits.

"Zenny" of course, refers to the old type of currency used in classic games such as Forgotten Worlds and Black Tiger. The zenny feature was in the last loketest, but you couldn't buy anything with it. All records of last loketest were wiped, so the zenny on my IC card may be gone with it.

Also, there is rumors flying about, saying that a new character named "Rufus" is in the game. Although the person from 2ch (source of the rumor) says "Rufus" is a Chinese-African who is female, nothing has been confirmed about what the character looks like. However, checking the keitai site, I did see the name "Rufus" in katakana for the character rankings.

I am leaving now for Osaka, so this is the last time I will post until after midnight Japan time.

[this message was edited by EddyT on Fri 11 Apr 13:28]

Iggy
8447th Post

"Re(1):EDITED: SFIV Loketest info" , posted Fri 11 Apr 18:05post reply

SSF2 - 4 new 空気 characters + 4 new 空気 characters.

Ryű Ken Chunli Honda Blanka Zangief Guile Dahlsim
C.Viper Abel Fuerte Rufus
Bison Vega Sagat Vega

Rufus is a heart-sama class fatty.
Vega is neither fat nor slim. Average.

alsa
25th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):EDITED: SFIV Loketest info" , posted Fri 11 Apr 19:50post reply

quote:

Bison Vega Sagat Vega

hmmmm now has 16 characters . Can wait to see Akuma/Gouki in action

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/16/133550/V3.png [Image Attached]

Nekros
11th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):EDITED: SFIV Loketest info" , posted Fri 11 Apr 19:56post reply

quote:

Bison Vega Sagat Vega

So, the fanboyism about the II series is true...they have seriously made the entire cast playable! How lame, I think I'll get bored soon of SF4 if there are always the same characters. Guilty Gear A Core is making me sick because of the very same characters, the game is different from Slash but the charas are the same. Pretty annoyed hearing this.

Just a Person
1122th Post

"Re(2):EDITED: SFIV Loketest info" , posted Fri 11 Apr 20:23post reply

quote:

Bison Vega Sagat Vega

Vega is playable twice? Or are they referring to Vega and M.Bison? Then again, I wonder how Bison can be in SFIV if he died in SSFIIX (story retcon? it's actually a clone, a cyborg or a twin brother? maybe he time-travelled to the future?)...

EddyT's description about this rumoured Rufus character sounds interesting. I like the idea of a Chinese-African female fighter. If she's fatty, like Iggy said, that makes her even more unique (hey, not every videogame woman needs to have a fit body...).

However, are both information related to the same character? Or is one of them a rumour and the other is the real one referring to the character?

Anyway, I'm really glad with SFIV team so far: I was just expecting for Fuerte, Balrog and Sagat playable in this loketest (together with Viper, Abel and the 10 World Warriors, I mean); and not only they showed that, but also included Vega (and maybe M.Bison) and another new character! On the other hand, I hope there are more new characters; after all, four new characters + 12 SFIICE characters = "Super Street Fighter II Turbo '08: The NEW New Challengers"...

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Iggy
8448th Post

"Re(3):EDITED: SFIV Loketest info" , posted Fri 11 Apr 20:29post reply

quote:
Vega is playable twice?

Yeah, sorry, I meant Balrog (spanish ninja). The 4 SF2 bosses are there.
Meh tired.

quote:
EddyT's description about this rumoured Rufus character sounds interesting. I like the idea of a Chinese-African female fighter.

It's a man.

Just a Person
1123th Post

"Re(4):EDITED: SFIV Loketest info" , posted Fri 11 Apr 21:01post reply

quote:
It's a man.

Oh... okay, then. I hope SFIV will still have at least one more new female character (nothing against C.Viper, it's just that the game needs more than just two women).

Is the "Chinese-African" part about Rufus true, though? Plus, what did you mean when you described him as a "heart-sama class"?

Anyway, thank you both for the news!! And please, keep'em coming!!

Ishmael
3113th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Random new random news th" , posted Sat 12 Apr 00:14post reply

quote:

Uh...what the heck is all that? At first I though it was SFIV, but upon closer inspection that's not the case.

It's an online SF/social network site designed to tie into a Revoltech toy line. I'm sure the Japanese Fred Durst at the bottom of the linked page has more to say on the subject but who cares what he has to say?

Freeter
4415th Post

"kenji kitaaaaa" , posted Sat 12 Apr 12:08post reply

*steps over boring SF 2.75 news*

quote:

Famitsu Scan 1
Famitsu Scan 2

Yes, yes, oh god yes. Best news I've heard this year so far.

Is it true that Matsukawa isn't going to have any part in this? That woman's been like poison to Gyakuten (despite getting the games localized).

Red Falcon
5991th Post

"Re(5):EDITED: SFIV Loketest info" , posted Sat 12 Apr 12:57post reply

quote:

Is the "Chinese-African" part about Rufus true, though? Plus, what did you mean when you described him as a "heart-sama class"?

It means he is gigantic and incredibly, incredibly fat. Probably deflects people with his belly and whatnot level fat.

Best site EVER:Link Here

badoor
22th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 16 Apr 17:16post reply

Famitsu confirmed New Siren for PS3, Siren:New Translation.
Coming out July 24th with a demo on April 24th. probably going to be a remake of the first game.

http://kotaku.com/380281/ps3-siren-game-confirmed-early

chazumaru
521th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Random new random news thread" , posted Wed 16 Apr 18:12post reply

quote:
Famitsu confirmed New Siren for PS3, Siren:New Translation.
Coming out July 24th with a demo on April 24th. probably going to be a remake of the first game.

http://kotaku.com/380281/ps3-siren-game-confirmed-early

Here are the pages for Iggy.

Toyama interview.

Remake of the first game (was it necessary?).
PS3 exclusive (I like how even SCEI feels obliged to precise this point).
It seems the episode system is presented slightly more clearly.
Demo in April; this confirms the leak from last month.
I am circonspect about the new title & english dialogues in the teaser site. I would assume the Blu Ray contains all languages on the same disc?
Maybe they want to double it as a 死TOEIC learn English with your expatriate hanshibito friends software?

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!