Original message (2932 Views )

repukken
40th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Rare Customer

"Super Smash Bros Brawl JAP Intro" , posted Tue 29 Jan 15:30post reply

Check it out, looks dope...

Smash Bros Brawl Intro

"Everytime you praise someone that they're one in a million just remember that only means there's 5000 of them in China..." -new chinese proverb

Replies:

repukken
41th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Super Smash Bros Brawl JAP Intro" , posted Tue 29 Jan 15:59post reply

They just posted a direct video feed of a match up...

Match up video

"Everytime you praise someone that they're one in a million just remember that only means there's 5000 of them in China..." -new chinese proverb

Amakusa
738th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Super Smash Bros Brawl JAP Intro" , posted Tue 29 Jan 16:40post reply

Some places are going nuts over the unlockable characters.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Evenor
622th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Super Smash Bros Brawl JAP Intro" , posted Wed 30 Jan 02:18post reply

quote:
Some places are going nuts over the unlockable characters.

I love all the hatred towards

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
R.O.B

End of Spoiler

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Evenor
623th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):Characters" , posted Wed 30 Jan 10:06post reply

The characters unlocked so farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

obvious SPOILER

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

sfried
93th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Characters" , posted Wed 30 Jan 18:53post reply

Shoryuken reconfirms Wolf.

Just a Person
1053th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(6):Characters" , posted Wed 30 Jan 19:25post reply

quote:

I know some of those characters, but... who is Wolf?

Also, who are

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
the blue creature that looks like a fox or a raccoon; and the robot?

End of Spoiler

And Sakurai's speech that he would like to add more female characters seems to be just a speech, unfortunately...

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

chazumaru
504th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):Characters" , posted Wed 30 Jan 21:27post reply

JAP> I guess you were not much into Nintendo stuff in your childhood.

"Wolf"

"the blue creature that looks like a fox or a raccoon"

"the robot"

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Ishmael
3045th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(8):Characters" , posted Wed 30 Jan 23:15post reply

Most companies would have buried R.O.B. with a shovel and then buried the shovel but I give Nintendo credit for having enough nerve to keep the 'bot around as a franchise character. Can the revival of the Virtua Boy be far behind?

GekigangerV
1489th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(6):Characters" , posted Wed 30 Jan 23:41:post reply

quote:

So there are now three versions of Fox or is he just a different costume for Fox? I wish he had an original Final Smash involving Team Star Wolf.

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Wed 30 Jan 23:43]

Iggy
8346th Post

"Re(7):Characters" , posted Thu 31 Jan 00:30post reply

quote:

quote:
Less creepy otaku people in the world woohoo!

More creepy furry people in the world booho!

Spoon
1488th Post

"Re(9):Characters" , posted Thu 31 Jan 02:27post reply

quote:
Most companies would have buried R.O.B. with a shovel and then buried the shovel but I give Nintendo credit for having enough nerve to keep the 'bot around as a franchise character. Can the revival of the Virtua Boy be far behind?

Maybe they're going to be gentle with it and start with a red color scheme for ROB.

But ROB was actually pretty important for Nintendo, so I heard... post-crash, ROB allowed them to pitch the NES as accessory to the toy ROB, and that helped get the NES into stores. So it's said, anyway. But if that's true, then that was probably one of the most brilliant and important marketing maneuvers ever for Nintendo.

Just a Person
1054th Post

"Re(8):Characters" , posted Thu 31 Jan 03:04post reply

quote:
JAP> I guess you were not much into Nintendo stuff in your childhood.

"the blue creature that looks like a fox or a raccoon"

I was, actually. I just never had real interest in playing Star Fox, most of the time I just played Super Mario World, SFII (and later Super SFII), TLoZ:A Link To the Past, and Super Metroid.

But... that raccoon is a pokémon??! It looks more like a digimon than a pokémon...

And since we already have Pikachu and Pokémon Trainer (and all the pokémons used by the Pokéballs), this one seems like a waste of space... I think Dixie Kong would be a better addition (this game needs more female characters, after all).

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

TreIII
74th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(9):Characters" , posted Thu 31 Jan 03:12post reply

Honestly...the instances of "cloning" in this game is STILL not nearly as bad as it was in Melee/DX, and certainly not as bad as in other games (Tekken 3, any one?).

I mean, basically, Fox, Falco and Wolf are Ryu, Ken and Gouki(Akuma), respectively. They're still quite different enough from each other, such that each character is viable in his own light.

Sure, I'm a little sad that characters like Takamaru and Sukapon didn't make it, but there's always next time...in another half of a decade. XD

Dokuganryu wa Date jya ne you see?

Just a Person
1055th Post

"Re(10):Characters" , posted Thu 31 Jan 03:18post reply

quote:
Sure, I'm a little sad that characters like Takamaru and Sukapon didn't make it, but there's always next time...in another half of a decade. XD

Who are they?

Maybe they can appear as Assist Trophies...? Just like I expect to see Dixie Kong, Tingle and Princess Daisy among the Assist Trophies...

TreIII
75th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Characters" , posted Thu 31 Jan 04:49post reply

quote:
Who are they?

Can't blame ya if ya don't know. These guys are even more obscure than ROB.

Takamaru - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takamaru
He's the star of another game called "Nazo no Murasame-jo" for the Famicom Disk System. The game could basically be described as "Zelda, but a lot more action, and less item collecting and exploring". Sadly, it didn't nearly as well as its counter-part, and much as was the case with Metroid and Kid Icarus, one faded into obscurity, while the other went to be a success.

Sukapon - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukapon
The star of a Famicom game called "Joy Mech Fight", basically Nintendo's first real shot at a fighting game of some sort. For it to be on the NES, and relatively simplistic, the game is actually in the same category of Kirby's Adventure, as being one of the last titles for the Famicom, and yet pushed the hardware to its limits.

Honestly, I would have definitely preferred Sukapon over ROB. But I guess Nintendo likes that lil operating buddy too damn much... XD

ZamIAm
1691th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Alternates" , posted Thu 31 Jan 06:26post reply

quote:
Honestly...the instances of "cloning" in this game is STILL not nearly as bad as it was in Melee/DX, and certainly not as bad as in other games (Tekken 3, any one?).

I mean, basically, Fox, Falco and Wolf are Ryu, Ken and Gouki(Akuma), respectively. They're still quite different enough from each other, such that each character is viable in his own light.

I think Wolf is just an alt color for Fox. I thought that only the Star Fox Team had Landmasters (other than store demos, I haven't played any Star Fox since 64 so I could be dead wrong). If he is the alt color (like how Link does have Shadow Link as an alt), then his means that Daisy might be a full alt outfit for Peach instead of just minor color swap.

Spoon
1490th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Characters" , posted Thu 31 Jan 06:59post reply

quote:

The star of a Famicom game called "Joy Mech Fight", basically Nintendo's first real shot at a fighting game of some sort. For it to be on the NES, and relatively simplistic, the game is actually in the same category of Kirby's Adventure, as being one of the last titles for the Famicom, and yet pushed the hardware to its limits.

Joy Mech Fight!!!

Actually, I didn't like playing that game at all.

I'm still disappointed that Little Mac isn't a fully playable character.

What about Clu Clu Land?!??!!?

Sensenic
1590th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Alternates" , posted Thu 31 Jan 17:54post reply

quote:

I think Wolf is just an alt color for Fox.

No, he ain't

There are pictures of him all around by now, don't think they're all fakes.

Like the wind...

"When the finger points to heaven the idiot looks at the finger."
-A kid from Amélie.

Just a Person
1056th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Characters" , posted Thu 31 Jan 20:13post reply

quote:
Takamaru - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takamaru
He's the star of another game called "Nazo no Murasame-jo" for the Famicom Disk System. The game could basically be described as "Zelda, but a lot more action, and less item collecting and exploring". Sadly, it didn't nearly as well as its counter-part, and much as was the case with Metroid and Kid Icarus, one faded into obscurity, while the other went to be a success.

Honestly, I would have definitely preferred Sukapon over ROB. But I guess Nintendo likes that lil operating buddy too damn much... XD

Hey, those are nice characters! Unfortunately, I guess they won't be selectable characters, but let's hope they are at least Assist Trophies.

And many people have been saying how ROB is a waste of space. Don't know if I agree, but putting another pokémon as a playable character in the game is surely a waste of space...

quote:
I'm still disappointed that Little Mac isn't a fully playable character.

Me too... maybe he will become selectable in a future Smash Bros. DS, or the next Smash Bros., for Wii2...

Pollyanna
2425th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Characters" , posted Thu 31 Jan 20:22post reply

quote:

And many people have been saying how ROB is a waste of space. Don't know if I agree, but putting another pokémon as a playable character in the game is surely a waste of space...

To be fair, Lucario replaced another Pokemon character, so the "Pokemon quota" is the same, really.

I'm not going to get into the "I wanted this character" game, though seeing how similarly Wolf plays to Fox, I think it would have been much better if he WAS an alternate color and they used that slot on someone else.

Having Ridley as a boss, but not playable also stings.

Altogether, I don't think it's a bad cast, but it's not one that appeals to me. Before, the wait was killing me, but now the game could get delayed again and I wouldn't care. That isn't to say that I won't enjoy playing it, when I DO get it, just that the anticipation is gone.

Iggy
8347th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Characters" , posted Thu 31 Jan 21:47post reply

The game was not a system seller to me. But the presence of Pit (and two Kid Icarus themes) in it definitely are. And he was announced amongst the first characters, so I knew the outcome ages ago.

Rob and Mr Game&Watch also please me very very much, thank you. I haven't noticed if there were any other character in the game for now.

Just a Person
1057th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Characters" , posted Thu 31 Jan 21:52post reply

quote:

Having Ridley as a boss, but not playable also stings.

...Maybe he's also an Assist Trophy? (yeah, I know, I said this too many times now...)

Speaking of Assist Trophies... we already know all the selectable characters, but not the full roster of ATs and Pokémon assists... are the assist characters we know by now the full roster, or are there more assist characters that just weren't discovered/commented yet?

I'm also specially interested in the Subspace Emissary mode, and how its story develops itself.

Ishmael
3047th Post

"Re(10):Characters" , posted Fri 1 Feb 01:19post reply

quote:
But ROB was actually pretty important for Nintendo, so I heard... post-crash, ROB allowed them to pitch the NES as accessory to the toy ROB, and that helped get the NES into stores. So it's said, anyway. But if that's true, then that was probably one of the most brilliant and important marketing maneuvers ever for Nintendo.

End-runs to sell consoles seems to be standard practice in the industry but using some goofy accessory like ROB to get products on the shelves is easily the most extreme example I've heard of. It's nice of Nintendo to revive ROB if the poor little robotic bastard took one for the team way back when.

chazumaru
506th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Snake moéééé" , posted Fri 1 Feb 18:39post reply

quote:
The game was not a system seller to me. But the presence of Pit (and two Kid Icarus themes) in it definitely are.

Lies! We all know you gave in for Snake's suave voice and astute observations:

大きな目玉が歩いているが……。

俺はどうも、あのハリネズミが好きになれない……。

らりるれろ!らりるれろ!らりるれろ!

平面だ!平面の人間があるいている。

IT'S THE BLACK PUDDING!

Sensenic
1591th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Snake moéééé" , posted Fri 1 Feb 19:14post reply

quote:

大きな目玉が歩いているが……。

俺はどうも、あのハリネズミが好きになれない……。

らりるれろ!らりるれろ!らりるれろ!

平面だ!平面の人間があるいている。

Youtube links for nicovideo-disabled:
- Mario, DK, Link, Samus, ZeroSamus, Kirby, Fox, Marth, G&W
- Luigi, Diddy, Zelda, Sheik, Pit, Metaknight, Falco, PT, Ike, Snake
- Peach, Yoshi, Ganondorf, IC, Dedede, Wolf, Lucario, Ness, Sonic
- Bowser, Wario, Toon Link, ROB, Olimar, Falcon, Jigglypuff, Lucas... & omake

Gotta love the Captain Falcon one.
And the Sonic one does look like a not-so-subliminal message, doesn't it? "I don't like Sonic" "He's very famous, he was added on popular demand" "Yeah, but I don't like him" "Got a reason why?" "No, but I don't like him"

Like the wind...

"When the finger points to heaven the idiot looks at the finger."
-A kid from Amélie.

sfried
95th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Snake moéééé" , posted Sat 2 Feb 13:17:post reply

quote:
The game was not a system seller to me. But the presence of Pit (and two Kid Icarus themes) in it definitely are.

大きな目玉が歩いているが……。

俺はどうも、あのハリネズミが好きになれない……。

らりるれろ!らりるれろ!らりるれろ!

平面だ!平面の人間があるいている。

Love that Capt. Falcon and the last one! I just have to try that one time!

My favorite music in this game so far. This, and the the Super Mario Kart rearrangement.

[this message was edited by sfried on Sat 2 Feb 13:36]

D`Cloud
196th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Snake moéééé" , posted Sat 2 Feb 19:01post reply

quote:

大きな目玉が歩いているが……。

俺はどうも、あのハリネズミが好きになれない……。

らりるれろ!らりるれろ!らりるれろ!

平面だ!平面の人間があるいている。

Love that Capt. Falcon and the last one! I just have to try that one time!

My favorite music in this game so far. This, and the the Super Mario Kart rearrangement.

anybody care to transcribe? :)

http://www.dustinuy.com

sfried
101th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):SOUNDTRACK moéééé" , posted Mon 4 Feb 17:09:post reply

quote:

No need. A certain board (err...boards) have posted the complete rip from the disk. Some even say the reason they had trouble was because it was dual-layered.

But yes, I've listened to quite alot of it, and I must say, the Kirby's Adventure remix is now my new favorite.

[this message was edited by sfried on Mon 4 Feb 17:09]

Iron D
2819th Post

"Re(4):SOUNDTRACK moéééé" , posted Tue 5 Feb 02:26post reply

quote:

No need. A certain board (err...boards) have posted the complete rip from the disk. Some even say the reason they had trouble was because it was dual-layered.

But yes, I've listened to quite alot of it, and I must say, the Kirby's Adventure remix is now my new favorite.

I think you misunderstood what D'Cloud was asking. By transcribe, he meant if anyone can post what is being said in those Snake vids in English.

Er.....

Amakusa
741th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):SOUNDTRACK moéééé" , posted Tue 5 Feb 12:52post reply

quote:

From the tracks I found on Youtube so far I like the Dedede theme, the Super Mario 3 Airship, and F-Zero Mute City remixes standing out over the others.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

KTallguy
1007th Post

"Re(1):Snake moéééé" , posted Wed 6 Feb 03:33:post reply

quote:

大きな目玉が歩いているが……。

俺はどうも、あのハリネズミが好きになれない……。

らりるれろ!らりるれろ!らりるれろ!

平面だ!平面の人間があるいている。

Holy shit.

OMG OMG, SNAKE SAYS FALCON PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCH!!!!!!!!!!

Play to win.

[this message was edited by KTallguy on Wed 6 Feb 04:11]

sfried
105th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Super Smash Bros Brawl other cutscenes" , posted Sat 9 Feb 15:53:post reply

I realize Bralw is coming out inhere in just a couple of weeks, but
lol Super Sentai Bros.

[this message was edited by sfried on Sat 9 Feb 15:55]

Just a Person
1067th Post

"Re(2):Super Smash Bros Brawl other cutscenes" , posted Sat 9 Feb 21:08post reply

There's one doubt I have about Brawl... what happens to the Pokémon Trainer when he's on a stock battle and he runs out of life stock, while the other combatants are still fighting? Is he launched out of the arena with his pokémon, or disappears out of nothing, or just stands there like a statue until the battle ends?

Same thing applies to the pikmins when Olimar is defeated in a stock battle: do they run after him (and get out of the arena), disappear, die...?

TreIII
76th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Super Smash Bros Brawl other cutscenes" , posted Sun 10 Feb 04:05post reply

quote:
There's one doubt I have about Brawl... what happens to the Pokémon Trainer when he's on a stock battle and he runs out of life stock, while the other combatants are still fighting? Is he launched out of the arena with his pokémon, or disappears out of nothing, or just stands there like a statue until the battle ends?

Same thing applies to the pikmins when Olimar is defeated in a stock battle: do they run after him (and get out of the arena), disappear, die...?

When all of PokeTra's stocks are out, he just stands there like a rube, covering his face in shame.

As for the Pikmin, they immediately die/disappear as soon as Olimar dies.

sfried
106th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Super Smash Bros Brawl other cutscenes" , posted Sun 10 Feb 05:21:post reply

quote:

I've seen videos where Olimar is KO'd. The remaining Pikmin in the battlefield are killed.

Edit: As someone mentioned above, the Pokemon trainer just stands there.

[this message was edited by sfried on Mon 11 Feb 18:00]

ZamIAm
1694th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"XX" , posted Mon 11 Feb 14:33post reply

quote:
(this game needs more female characters, after all).

I commented on that to a friend of mine (who plans on getting Brawl on the US launch day).

They didn't add any new females--they just told Samus to take some clothes off.

Oh, and Wolf is the new Dr. Mario and therefore he must die.

Just a Person
1071th Post

"Re(4):Super Smash Bros Brawl other cutscenes" , posted Wed 13 Feb 23:31post reply

quote:
When all of PokeTra's stocks are out, he just stands there like a rube, covering his face in shame.

As for the Pikmin, they immediately die/disappear as soon as Olimar dies.

quote:
I've seen videos where Olimar is KO'd. The remaining Pikmin in the battlefield are killed.

Edit: As someone mentioned above, the Pokemon trainer just stands there.

Thank you both for the answers! Wow, the pikmins really have an impressive mortality rate, don't they?

About the Pokémon Trainer, how cool would it be if in interactive stages (like the ones with wind or falling floors) he just fell out of the arena? But okay, having him disappointed as a decorative element of the stage is nice as well.