Just a Person
1031th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Wed 9 Jan 19:28post reply

quote:
2008 only begins in 2 weeks !

Pikmin&Captain Orima

That's very nice! Olimar and the Pikmin deserve to be in Smash Bros. since Melee (although I'm not sure if the first Pikmin game was already released when Melee was being developed).

Each day some news is released, SSB:Brawl seems to be more and more promising... great new characters, great stages, great music, lots of different game modes... Even if Dixie Kong isn't there as an Assist Trophy or as a fighter like I suggested, and even if Chun-Li isn't the third non-Nintendo brawler, I'll definitely run to the nearer game store the day it gets released in Brazil!

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

sfried
80th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Wed 9 Jan 22:21post reply

quote:
2008 only begins in 2 weeks !

Pikmin&Captain Orima

That's very nice! Olimar and the Pikmin deserve to be in Smash Bros. since Melee (although I'm not sure if the first Pikmin game was already released when Melee was being developed).

Each day some news is released, SSB:Brawl seems to be more and more promising... great new characters, great stages, great music, lots of different game modes... Even if Dixie Kong isn't there as an Assist Trophy or as a fighter like I suggested, and even if Chun-Li isn't the third non-Nintendo brawler, I'll definitely run to the nearer game store the day it gets released in Brazil!

Melee was released around the time of Pikmin. Olimar even has his own trophy.

KTallguy
985th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Thu 10 Jan 03:59post reply

I'm buying this game because of Snake.

Play to win.

Maou
1328th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Thu 10 Jan 04:13post reply

quote:

Hey wait, isn't that what you're supposed to think when you buy Metal Gear Solid 3 or something?

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Iggy
8311th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(5):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Thu 10 Jan 04:29post reply

quote:

I'm buying the game AND the console for Pit.
And no, I won't buy Kid Icarus for the VC.

Spoon
1466th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(6):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Thu 10 Jan 06:05post reply

quote:

And no, I won't buy Kid Icarus for the VC.

You will.

sfried
81th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Thu 10 Jan 13:03post reply

quote:

Olimar has experience in the battlefield and has lived to tell of it...twice!

I wonder what will Snake and Co.'s assesment of Olimar will be like?

Just a Person
1036th Post

"Re(5):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Fri 11 Jan 21:07post reply

Today the website revealed Olimar's movelist (except for his Smash Attack). It also reveals that the Pikmins can die and their ghosts stay there. Creepy...

Speaking of movelists, is Zelda being forgotten or what? None of her special moves has been revealed yet... and even though three of them may still be the abilities of Hyrule's goddesses, we still don't know if she's still able to transform into Sheik (since there's no Sheik in TLoZ:Twilight Princess), or if she's getting a new move instead of it.

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Pollyanna
2407th Post

"Re(6):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Fri 11 Jan 22:00post reply

quote:
None of her special moves has been revealed yet... and even though three of them may still be the abilities of Hyrule's goddesses, we still don't know if she's still able to transform into Sheik (since there's no Sheik in TLoZ:Twilight Princess), or if she's getting a new move instead of it.

I think that's WHY they haven't covered her yet, because it might "spoil" if Sheik is a separate character or not.

sfried
82th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Sat 12 Jan 03:30post reply

quote:
Today the website revealed Olimar's movelist (except for his Smash Attack). It also reveals that the Pikmins can die and their ghosts stay there. Creepy...

I don't think Pikmin ghosts "stay" there. I'm pretty sure the effect will be similar to the games where you see their spirit in a second and their gone. All you have to do is pick up more Pikmin.

I posted somewhere else that I thought of Olimar as being the guy with the physical Super bar.

TreIII
64th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Sat 12 Jan 03:43post reply

quote:
I posted somewhere else that I thought of Olimar as being the guy with the physical Super bar.

Which is pretty much on point, though I would like to think that he's got some GG Eddie/Venom to him as well (as I've said on the same place).

But any way...can't wait. While I was weighing my options to just get a JP Wii or go domestic, SumaBura X pretty much just made it more of an incentive to go JP.

All I could really stand to see is perhaps for that third (and last?) 3rd party character to be unveiled, and maybe for Ridley to FINALLY be confirmed...

Dokuganryu wa Date jya ne you see?

Just a Person
1038th Post

"Re(7):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Sat 12 Jan 12:43post reply

quote:
I think that's WHY they haven't covered her yet, because it might "spoil" if Sheik is a separate character or not.

Maybe... but with all the surprises that Brawl still seems to have, and considering Zelda will probably be a default character, I don't think it would be a big deal revealing now whether she will transform into Sheik or not.

Iggy
8319th Post

"Re(8):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Sat 12 Jan 19:03post reply

Don't hold your hopes to high for transvestite Zelda : Sakurai already said that since the game will be online and they don't want to make some character offline only, the surprise would be spoiled if someone used against you a character you haven't unlocked yet.

Therefore, there will be very few secret characters, if any. Zero suit Samus should have been a secret character, for example. And the cast might be smaller than the GC Smash Bros, if they ditch the copy&paste characters.

On the other hand, Luigi, Captain Falcon and Ganondorf are still pending.

sfried
83th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(9):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Mon 14 Jan 10:10post reply

quote:
Don't hold your hopes to high for transvestite Zelda : Sakurai already said that since the game will be online and they don't want to make some character offline only, the surprise would be spoiled if someone used against you a character you haven't unlocked yet.

I thought he said it was inevitable considering how fast news travels across the internet nowdays, so he sort of just said "what the heck let's do it!".

Pollyanna
2408th Post

"Re(10):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Mon 14 Jan 10:30post reply

quote:

I thought he said it was inevitable considering how fast news travels across the internet nowdays, so he sort of just said "what the heck let's do it!".

Yes, that's right. I didn't read that as an indication that there would be fewer hidden characters. (though that might be the case)

Given the overwhelmingly ridiculous amount of stuff being squeezed into the game, I guess it could go either way. Like "they really tried to include everything" or "well, it can't have EVERYTHING."

Mokona
438th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Wed 16 Jan 01:03post reply

It's been delayed again!!! I thought the game had gone gold for Japan, but apparently not.

Anyway, it gives me more time to finish some games (I still have Zelda TP to finish...)

Oh, and February was already crowded for game purchases for me anyway. I mean, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney 4...

Blah!

Just a Person
1041th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Wed 16 Jan 01:48post reply

quote:
It's been delayed again!!! I thought the game had gone gold for Japan, but apparently not.

Really? When is it going to be released, then?

Anyway, it may not be a bad decision. If the game isn't ready yet, it means Sakurai may still add other stuff in the game, or maybe even polishing the graphics of the game, improving them (even though they already look very good).

sfried
85th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Wed 16 Jan 03:06:post reply

quote:

Anyway, it gives me more time to finish some games (I still have Zelda TP to finish...)

Oh, and February was already crowded for game purchases for me anyway. I mean, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney 4...

The game has only been delayed a week. Some speculate it might have something to do with the online component/infastructure.

[this message was edited by sfried on Wed 16 Jan 03:13]

Mokona
439th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):The new Smash bros thread" , posted Wed 16 Jan 04:44post reply

quote:
The game has only been delayed a week. Some speculate it might have something to do with the online component/infastructure.

Yes, but for North America, the delay is one month (feb 10 --> march 9).

Blah!

shindekudasai
177th Post

Regular Customer

"Sheik confirmed" , posted Wed 16 Jan 19:07post reply

Pix and specials for Sheik have been posted on the Smash site. She's still a transformation for Zelda, and not a seperate character as had been rumored.

Wither Blister Burn + Peel

Just a Person
1046th Post

"Re(1):Sheik confirmed" , posted Wed 16 Jan 19:24:post reply

quote:
Pix and specials for Sheik have been posted on the Smash site. She's still a transformation for Zelda, and not a seperate character as had been rumored.

Yes, and it seems Sheik was based on the design she would have in Twilight Princess (before the Sheik-persona was cut off of TP). She looks more feminine this time.

But even though neither Zelda's nor Sheik's special attacks changed, it would still be nice to see the description of them... and from the Final Smash as well (which is the same for both Zelda and Sheik). After all, it would be frustrating if even Olimar's Final Smash is revealed before Zelda's...

Speaking of Olimar... have you seen the Pikmin stage in SSB:Brawl? It may be one of the best stages of the whole game! It's really an interesting concept.

EDIT: it seems that SSB:Brawl, despite still unreleased, already managed to be one of the rare games to achieve Famitsu's maximum score... Wow.

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Wed 16 Jan 20:29]

Iggy
8322th Post

"Re(2):Sheik confirmed" , posted Thu 17 Jan 21:48post reply

That's a relief. I really thought Olima would be the last character they would show. More, more, more !

ZamIAm
1686th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Sheik confirmed" , posted Fri 18 Jan 05:02post reply

quote:
Yes, and it seems Sheik was based on the design she would have in Twilight Princess (before the Sheik-persona was cut off of TP). She looks more feminine this time.

But even though neither Zelda's nor Sheik's special attacks changed, it would still be nice to see the description of them... and from the Final Smash as well (which is the same for both Zelda and Sheik). After all, it would be frustrating if even Olimar's Final Smash is revealed before Zelda's...

So I was wrong and Sheik is back. Hmm. I hope Zelda isn't bottom tier this time around. She had some cool abilities but they weren't quite as usable as they should have been and most people just transformed into Sheik as soon as possible.

EddyT
621th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):Sheik confirmed" , posted Wed 23 Jan 23:59post reply

I just looked at the newest Famitsu mag today... and saw a small book with SSBM info in it. I didn't really read it in detail, but there was one cool thing I noticed...

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -

There's a DS Pictochat stage.

End of Spoiler

I don't know if people mentioned that already.

Just a Person
1051th Post

"Re(5):Sheik confirmed" , posted Thu 24 Jan 20:07post reply

quote:
I just looked at the newest Famitsu mag today... and saw a small book with SSBM info in it. I didn't really read it in detail, but there was one cool thing I noticed...

I don't know if people mentioned that already.

Yes, that stage was already shown in the official website. But it's really a cool and innovative stage, isn't it?

Actually, many stages seem to be very nice and different from the standards. The Pikmin stage looks impressive, as does Mario Bros' "level 1-1 and 1-2" stage.

Iggy
8341th Post

"All characters leaked (spoiler free)" , posted Sat 26 Jan 06:29post reply

Way to go, game trailers.
Some pretty interesting choices, I like it even more.
And that's A LOT of characters.

Evenor
620th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):All characters leaked (spoiler free)" , posted Sat 26 Jan 07:02post reply

quote:

( I think ) It's fake.

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Pollyanna
2422th Post

"Re(2):All characters leaked (spoiler free)" , posted Sat 26 Jan 07:52post reply

quote:

( I think ) It's fake.

Yeah, that's been going around for a while. The way the old art is recycled for the "new" characters makes it pretty fishy...especially the Fire Emblem girl, who for whatever reason, isn't even rendered.

Still, I wish it was true for Ashley alone.

Amakusa
736th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):All characters leaked (spoiler free)" , posted Sat 26 Jan 16:12:post reply

quote:

If it's the same thing as that 2ch video that's been floating around lately, it's a fake.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

[this message was edited by Amakusa on Sat 26 Jan 16:13]

Iggy
8342th Post

"Re(3):All characters leaked (spoiler free)" , posted Sat 26 Jan 19:59post reply

quote:
( I think ) It's fake.

Yeah, that's been going around for a while.

Wow.
Fake nowadays are too elaborate for my old brain.