More SF Comics in 2008 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1667 Views )

Gojira
2271th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"More SF Comics in 2008" , posted Thu 13 Dec 23:37:post reply

Source: SF Devotion

Udon's 2008 lineup: SF2 Turbo, SF Legends: Chun Li, and SF3.

Alvin Lee is taking some time off this time. In his stead, SF2 Turbo will be penciled by Jeffry "Chamba" Cruz, Joe Ng is doing SF3, and of course Omar Dogan is doing the Legends mini. I still miss Tsang but at least Chamba's stuff looks interesting and Dogan I have no problems with. Ng's stuff looks least compelling to me but who knows for sure.

Siu-Chong is still writing all three books. (Yeah, I know. Just remember it wasn't a great story to begin with.)

The release schedule will be rotated, so there will still be a three-month gap between books but one will come out every month. Hopefully they can stick to this schedule.

[this message was edited by Gojira on Thu 13 Dec 23:38]

Replies:

Ishmael
3011th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):More SF Comics in 2008" , posted Fri 14 Dec 05:32post reply

New stuff from Omar Dogan is always good news. While the stuff from Chamba has a sense of energy to it I'd like to see a bit more from him before I make any final judgment on his art. I do, however, like the tiny New Challenger characters that are crawling around on Zangief.

GekigangerV
1474th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):More SF Comics in 2008" , posted Fri 14 Dec 05:53post reply

Nice that they are trying to continue with the comics, but if SF2T comes out every three months it will take them 3 years to release all 12 issues.

Has Udon released their Rival Schools TPB that contains the last two issues?

Just a Person
1025th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):More SF Comics in 2008" , posted Fri 14 Dec 20:18post reply

That's good news. Despite going against the canon facts from SF story, UDON's SF comics were quite good, both in plot and in art.

I'd love if all these SF comics were released in Brazil... so far, neither the SF arc nor the SFII were released in here.

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!