HAPPY THANKSGIVING! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1920 Views )

Digitalboy
494th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"HAPPY THANKSGIVING!" , posted Thu 22 Nov 20:17post reply

Happy Turkey Day everyone!

On a personal note: I do not believe in the story of Thanksgiving but I do believe in the spirit of Thanksgiving (it is spending time with your family and the part about being thankful, right?).

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Replies:

Evenor
610th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):HAPPY THANKSGIVING!" , posted Thu 22 Nov 23:50post reply

quote:

On a personal note: I do not believe in the story of Thanksgiving but I do believe in the spirit of Thanksgiving (it is spending time with your family and the part about being thankful, right?).

Thanksgiving ( like all other major Holidays in the US) is just a huge conspiracy.
Nostradamus has always said it.

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Mokona
434th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):HAPPY THANKSGIVING!" , posted Fri 23 Nov 01:50post reply

Thanksgiving in November... you crazy yankees!

Blah!

Catalyst
343th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):HAPPY THANKSGIVING!" , posted Fri 23 Nov 04:09post reply

Great eats and Gobble for all! Happy thanksgiving folks.

This song is so true

Digitalboy
495th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):HAPPY THANKSGIVING!" , posted Fri 23 Nov 07:29post reply

I f****d up. I made up with a girlfriend AND I am bloody pissed! On Thnaksgiving no less son!

I don't know how to live

Iron D
2808th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):HAPPY THANKSGIVING!" , posted Fri 23 Nov 07:48post reply

Happy Thankful Day for you all as well.

The story of Thanksgiving that is usually given (to elementary school kids) is, of course, bullcrap, but I am all for the family and giving thanks in whatever way you do part.

And the food. Lots and lots of food.

Er.....

Undead Fred
2936th Post

"Re(5):HAPPY THANKSGIVING!" , posted Fri 23 Nov 17:28post reply

quote:
The story of Thanksgiving that is usually given (to elementary school kids) is, of course, bullcrap, but I am all for the family and giving thanks in whatever way you do part.

If it's in print, it must be true.

Anyway, hopefully everyone had a good Thanksgiving!

Digitalboy
496th Post

Gold Customer

"BLACK FRIDAY" , posted Fri 23 Nov 19:16post reply

SUCKS.

I don't know how to live

Nate
913th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):BLACK FRIDAY" , posted Sat 24 Nov 02:13post reply

quote:
SUCKS.

If you're working retail like I will be in a few hours, I feel your pain. If not, stop bitching, at least you don't have to work.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Digitalboy
497th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):BLACK FRIDAY" , posted Sat 24 Nov 04:08post reply

As a matter of fact, I do. I am the guy who restocks the shelves. Always the same questions: "Why not," to "The sale that will happen on Saturday is there anyway that you can save me one of [brand x] because you see I have to work that morning and I will not be finishing work until 5 P.M. My kid would really love this and I am willing to make it worth your trouble."
quote:
If you're working retail like I will be in a few hours, I feel your pain. If not, stop bitching, at least you don't have to work.

I don't know how to live

exodus
4032th Post

"Re(3):BLACK FRIDAY" , posted Sat 24 Nov 09:19post reply

quote:
My kid would really love this and I am willing to make it worth your trouble.

milfs

and anyway, the rest of us can bitch too, because it's the epitome of disgusting north american consumerism.

Undead Fred
2938th Post

"Re(4):BLACK FRIDAY" , posted Sat 24 Nov 11:07post reply

quote:
and anyway, the rest of us can bitch too, because it's the epitome of disgusting north american consumerism.

Well, it's the starting gun for the epitome of disgusting North American consumerism. The weeks leading into Christmas are the grossest part. HURRY UP AND BUY MOAR STUFF LAWL

Catalyst
345th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):BLACK FRIDAY" , posted Sat 24 Nov 14:44:post reply

quote:
SUCKS.

No kidding what peeves me off is I didn't even make quota from what I did last year, barely any in terms of sales. I got mostly lookers. Oh well, atleast standing around for x amount of hours and free food and getting to watch movies while selling stuff does kinda make things a bit easier.

quote:
milfs

See what gets me about this is, these are the same people talking shit about those who stand in line waiting for the best deal on a tv or any form of clothing or something that gives them the "best" deal. Yet they have the gall to make fun of gamers who wait on a wii or any other gaming system or heck a freakin Iphone or Harry pothead. Pot, kettle, black.

This song is so true

[this message was edited by Catalyst on Sat 24 Nov 14:48]

Undead Fred
2939th Post

"Re(2):BLACK FRIDAY" , posted Sat 24 Nov 15:37post reply

quote:
See what gets me about this is, these are the same people talking shit about those who stand in line waiting for the best deal on a tv or any form of clothing or something that gives them the "best" deal. Yet they have the gall to make fun of gamers who wait on a wii or any other gaming system or heck a freakin Iphone or Harry pothead. Pot, kettle, black.

Well, I can safely say I am free and clear of those charges. Didn't participate in Seething Bargain-Hunter Retard Day, and I don't wait in SCHLEEP ISH FOR BABIESH lines for things like that. The closest I come to that is pre-ordering something on the rare occasion that I don't think I'll be able to get it when it comes out or there's some sort of incentive to pre-order (like my Helena figure from pre-ordering DOAXVB 2).

Catalyst
346th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):BLACK FRIDAY" , posted Sat 24 Nov 15:45post reply

Definitely. I don't see whats wrong with waiting at all cause when people least expect it a better deal comes right around the corner. Of course waiting too long can hinderer chances as well but either way people sure do get crazy in this day and age. =/.

This song is so true

Digitalboy
498th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):BLACK FRIDAY" , posted Sat 24 Nov 17:04post reply

It was a dude, dude.
quote:
milfs

More than likely he would have given me a X-mas card with a dollar in it.

I don't know how to live

Undead Fred
2940th Post

"Re(5):BLACK FRIDAY" , posted Sat 24 Nov 18:02post reply

quote:
More than likely he would have given me a X-mas card with a dollar in it.

Heh heh heh. Reminds me of when I used to wait tables. "I'll take care of you" pretty much just meant "I'll tip you the 15% I'm supposed to."