Iggy
8246th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 16 Nov 02:15post reply

Yeah, let's keep cool this time.

Kizuna for 10000$?

Parents don't care what their children play

Summon Night 1 then 2 on DS. What was that again ?

[Japanese link : An industry dominated by N and MS. It's still early to rule Sony out of the equation, but it's interesting to read Japanese media thinking about it.

Replies:

Ishmael
2997th Post

"Re(1):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 16 Nov 04:05post reply

quote:

Jesse Lackman says his son spends a dozen hours a week waging medieval combat across the dreary dreamscapes of computer games. Just don't expect to find Lackman sitting beside him battling ogres and dragons.

"It's just such a waste of time," said Lackman, 47, a power plant operator from Center, N.D. "I tell him, 'Do something that has some lasting value.'"

To think, at some point in the not too distant past Mr. Lackman was a young man, full of life and energy. The world was his oyster and his life held infinite possibilities. I wonder if it was a gradual shift or if he woke up one morning and suddenly discovered he had become a crashing bore.

Digitalboy
493th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 16 Nov 04:30post reply

W00T! We now have another random thread.
quote:

Jesse Lackman says his son spends a dozen hours a week waging medieval combat across the dreary dreamscapes of computer games. Just don't expect to find Lackman sitting beside him battling ogres and dragons.

"It's just such a waste of time," said Lackman, 47, a power plant operator from Center, N.D. "I tell him, 'Do something that has some lasting value.'"

To think, at some point in the not too distant past Mr. Lackman was a young man, full of life and energy. The world was his oyster and his life held infinite possibilities. I wonder if it was a gradual shift or if he woke up one morning and suddenly discovered he had become a crashing bore.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Pollyanna
2368th Post

"Re(3):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 16 Nov 21:42post reply

I thought about making a topic for this, but for those of you with 360s, you can get a demo of Guilty Gear 2 on (Japanese) Xbox Live.

I take back everything I said about the game before. I don't remember what I said, but I take it back. The game is very...stressful to play and much more like an RTS than I imagined it would be. It's not really about "kicking ass and tearing through a crowd of enemies" like you might think.

It's sort of..."genre-defying". I could see it being tremendously fun in vs mode, but I can't really pass a verdict until I soak in the game some more. It's not especially easy to pick up.

Spoon
1448th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Random news : winter thread" , posted Sat 17 Nov 04:42post reply

quote:
I thought about making a topic for this, but for those of you with 360s, you can get a demo of Guilty Gear 2 on (Japanese) Xbox Live.

Can you make a Live Account with region and address in Japan and get it, or will you actually need a Japanese 360?

Also, Carcasonne is a free download for the next day or so.

Pollyanna
2369th Post

"Re(5):Random news : winter thread" , posted Sat 17 Nov 06:40post reply

quote:

Can you make a Live Account with region and address in Japan and get it, or will you actually need a Japanese 360?

You should be able to with a US 360 unless they're blocking that now. I have a Japanese one and a US account. Anyway, I'm sure there are tutorials for it somewhere. I remember it being very easy.

Iggy
8248th Post

"Re(6):Random news : winter thread" , posted Sat 17 Nov 20:19:post reply

Tutorial of Senjo no Valkyrie

Ôtsuka Akio plays the black poulet in Chocobo Wii
Am I the only one to think the cast is a little bit too gorgeous for such a game ?

Also, in today's Basara X location test, all characters were usable.
FINALLY.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 17 Nov 20:42]

TreIII
58th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Random news : winter thread" , posted Sun 18 Nov 05:04:post reply

quote:
Also, in today's Basara X location test, all characters were usable.
FINALLY.

A new loke test? And all characters?

Where was this? And more importantly...where have I been...?

My question though, is...does this mean that the game is still on schedule, or is that Spring release that am-net reported like a month ago still in effect? I mean, if it will make for a better game, then go right ahead, ASW. But all the same, the rest of us mere mortals who don't stand to get a chance to play the Arcade release will be left to wait for the PS2 port, and that can take any where from 6-12 months down the road...

Dokuganryu wa Date jya ne you see?

[this message was edited by TreIII on Sun 18 Nov 05:20]

Iggy
8249th Post

"Re(8):Random news : winter thread" , posted Sun 18 Nov 06:45:post reply

quote:
Where was this? And more importantly...where have I been...?

There. I don't know about the second part of your question, though.

quote:
My question though, is...does this mean that the game is still on schedule, or is that Spring release that am-net reported like a month ago still in effect?

EDIT for clarity : I think spring is a reasonable date.

Either way, Tadakatsu is the same monster as it was in the last test (well, except the bug), but somehow Uesugi grossly overpowers him.
He hits hard, fast, and freezes.
Some guy had over 100 straight wins with him, and finally got beaten by... another Uesugi, for another endless string of ownage. At least they took care of the swarm of Yukimura fangirls.
Ichi sucks. Maybe she needs a lot of practice ? I don't know what hidden magical one-button-win move could make her survive 15 seconds against Hondam or Kenshinsama. Maybe her counter move? Doubtful.
Oda is nothing to write home about, beside an insanely powerful super antiair.
Toyotomi is a joke.

Oh, and the cryptic yusa nikki somehow seems to indicate the statuquo about 98UM is finally resolved, and an arcade version of the game could be released...? Hard to read through it. To say the least, there is no PS2 version coming before the end of January.

I've heard pretty bad things about Capcom's Fate game, but what was I doing talking to Fate ota anyway.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sun 18 Nov 06:47]

Ishmael
2998th Post

"Re(9):Random news : winter thread" , posted Mon 19 Nov 06:19post reply

While it's good to hear that Basara X is coming along I really hope someone is paying attention to these tests and looks at the character balance.

In other news, James Goddard has resurfaced.

Iggy
8250th Post

"Re(10):Random news : winter thread" , posted Mon 19 Nov 23:48:post reply

Also, I forgot to mention Ichi's animation was terrible even by Arc's already low standards

[this message was edited by Iggy on Mon 19 Nov 23:49]

Ishmael
2999th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Random news : winter thread" , posted Tue 20 Nov 01:06post reply

quote:
Also, I forgot to mention Ichi's animation was terrible even by Arc's already low standards

From the layout of the pre and post game screens to the battle between Zato-2 and Anchor Boy it looks as if Arc isn't moving too far out of its comfort zone. At least the addition of the elephant tank was a nice surprise.

Gojira
2260th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Random news : winter thread" , posted Wed 21 Nov 06:32post reply

According to Jason Arney from Namco Bandai, all versions of Tekken 6 arcade have been delayed to February 2008. This evidently includes the Japanese version, which was originally set to come out this month. A loketest is currently going to determine final tweaking for the game balance.

Also, according to certain Famitsu scans posted at jeux-france, Mokujin is in the game, though they do not offer any concrete evidence other than a character roster with his name at the end.

Burning Ranger
1534th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Random news : winter thread" , posted Wed 21 Nov 07:51post reply

quote:
Yeah, let's keep cool this time.

Original NiGHTS coming to PS2 with upgrades

The only reason this interests me is because now, there may be a chance, that there may be a re-release of, well, knowing me you can figure that out.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

exodus
4030th Post

"Re(4):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 23 Nov 05:17post reply

quote:

It's sort of..."genre-defying".

aka boring and bad!
yaaaaaaaay!

Pollyanna
2371th Post

"Re(5):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 23 Nov 12:59post reply

quote:

It's sort of..."genre-defying".

aka boring and bad!
yaaaaaaaay!

No no no...not boring. If anything, too exciting. I can't keep up with the game. It's kind of hellish. When I'm in control of the hell it's fun, but when I'm not it just makes me sweat.

I dunno...did you get to play the game "properly"? If you don't know what you're doing, then I can see the game being boring. It takes like... a good hour just to get the basics. The combo system is actually pretty decent and your success is highly dependent on strategy.

I'm not saying it's an awesome game, because I'd have to play it more...see if the system/certain characters are broken...see if it has as much depth as it implies and see how well I can get the game under control.

But...it's definitely not a boring beat 'em up, or anything like that if you play it "correctly".

I guess the game is just..."hard to get" and as a result "hard to get INTO."

Spoon
1449th Post

"Re(6):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 23 Nov 13:17post reply

quote:

GG what

I'm not 100% sure how the system works in the brief time that I played it but... in order to be able to get your guys to damage the enemy master ghost, you have to have a continuous string of captured nodes extending from your base to theirs?

Or is it just that the inevitable way that the two forces clash ends up creating such a situation?

If it's the former... I'm not really sure how the strategy for this is going to work outside of "what units do I need to beat those guys coming at me RIGHT THIS MOMENT", since it forces a sort of linear path through things... it'll be really obvious where your opponent's armies are at any time, just by watching the node status on the map.

But then, I haven't played the game much. Maybe there are tons of teleporting/flying units that I just don't know about that change this.

Have any of you guys played the PC game Sacrifice?
Now that game was interesting, even if it had balance problems... and even though I desperately wished for a way to nominate "captain" units which I could move the camera to...

Pollyanna
2372th Post

"Re(7):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 23 Nov 13:58post reply

quote:

GG what

I'm not 100% sure how the system works in the brief time that I played it but... in order to be able to get your guys to damage the enemy master ghost, you have to have a continuous string of captured nodes extending from your base to theirs?

Or is it just that the inevitable way that the two forces clash ends up creating such a situation?

I'm not sure if I understand your question, but I think the answer is "no". You can order your troops there on the map, or you can press up on the pad and they'll advance with you.

The only thing is, I haven't tried advancing units past an ENEMY node, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible.

exodus
4031th Post

"Re(6):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 23 Nov 16:41post reply

quote:

I dunno...did you get to play the game "properly"? If you don't know what you're doing, then I can see the game being boring. It takes like... a good hour just to get the basics. The combo system is actually pretty decent and your success is highly dependent on strategy.

no, I didn't, and if a game doesn't hook me right away, there are 5 more games waiting to be played. nothing I was doing during the time I played it, imperfect conditions or otherwise, compelled me to touch it again. It's basically 'too japanese' for me at this point, that is to say instead of showing me why it was cool, it expected me to figure that out simply because it's there.

maybe the full experience is better, and I'd be willing to give it another half hour or so, but beyond that, I mean...I still haven't played Okami, Zack & Wiki, Shadow of the Colossus (for more than 15 minutes), Yakuza, Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, Mass Effect, or Dead Rising. And these are all games I own! And I'm only 20% of the way through BioShock. Unfortunately that skews me even further away from thinking of picking up a game that's designed that way.

sfried
67th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 23 Nov 17:01post reply

quote:
I guess the game is just..."hard to get" and as a result "hard to get INTO."

So you mean, it's as elitist as ever?

Iggy
8254th Post

"Re(6):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 23 Nov 20:03post reply

quote:
when I'm not it just makes me sweat.

LIES !
Pollyanna never sweats ! She never sneezes, and never has to go to the bathroom !
LIES I TELL YOU !

Pollyanna
2373th Post

"Re(7):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 23 Nov 21:16post reply

quote:

LIES !
Pollyanna never sweats ! She never sneezes, and never has to go to the bathroom !
LIES I TELL YOU !

No no, I sweat, but just a little. Then I toss my hair and the tiny droplets of sweat glitter in the sunlight.

I sneeze, too, but I always cover my mouth and make an adorable little "Chu!"

But the bathroom...no. I don't ever do that.

As for Guilty Gear, I think reviewers could rightfully say both:

"It's a fast-pased, genre-defying thrill ride with a system that stays fresh for hours"

and

"It's an overwhelming overcomplicated disaster that's not worth half the time it demands from you."

I don't buy "Musou clone" though.

Still, it might not be worth my time, or anyone's time. I don't really know. I could keep playing it, then eventually find out that once you understand it, you understand that it's not worth understanding.

Also...

sfried

I always thought of Guilty Gear more like...I dunno...a trap or something. Like, you play for a while and you "get it"...and you think you're good, and then you realize you're not doing anything right and you probably never will. I've probably put 300+ hours into various GG games and I still suck. I'm doubt I'm even "okay" by GG standards.

Iggy
8255th Post

"Re(8):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 23 Nov 21:45post reply

quote:
I could keep playing it, then eventually find out that once you understand it, you understand that it's not worth understanding.

This reminds me of U : Saga, for some reason.
Not that U : Saga isn't worth understanding, Ha, Ha !

exodus
4033th Post

"Re(9):Random news : winter thread" , posted Sat 24 Nov 09:21post reply

quote:

Not that U : Saga isn't worth understanding, Ha, Ha !

I remember (hearing about) an (unwritten) interesting article on that subject!

to pollyanna: animuuuuuuuu

and you should figure out a way to get to austin next time I'm down.

Digitalboy
499th Post

Gold Customer

"THE FRENCH" , posted Sat 24 Nov 22:11post reply

RUMOR: The French reports that Square-Enix is considering on making a sequel to that Mario RPG for the DS.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Iggy
8256th Post

"Re(10):Random news : winter thread" , posted Sat 24 Nov 22:26post reply

quote:
I remember (hearing about) an (unwritten) interesting article on that subject!

Nonsense!
Here, take another slice of that delicious STFU flavoured cake.

exodus
4035th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Random news : winter thread" , posted Mon 26 Nov 05:22post reply

quote:

Nonsense!

the height of deliciousness!

NARUTO
3601th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Random news : winter thread" , posted Wed 28 Nov 18:32post reply

quote:

Nonsense!

the height of deliciousness!

Don't let him fool you! This is not Iggy's cake, he stoled Kikkoken receipt in order to fool you...why did you think that Kikkoken disapear??

Iggy is just some kind of miserable thief, you just mimic's other's talent and pretend them to be his own...I sure that in less than two weeks, he'll be able to perfectly imitate, Polly's adorable little "Chu", and will pretent thta this is a proof of his own cuteness...

be aware!

Fortes fortuna juvat...

exodus
4044th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Random news : winter thread" , posted Thu 29 Nov 02:51post reply

quote:

Iggy is just some kind of miserable thief

I was wondering where my virginity went!

Iggy
8259th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Random news : winter thread" , posted Thu 29 Nov 03:38post reply

quote:
I was wondering where my virginity went!

Ask ebay.

exodus
4045th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Random news : winter thread" , posted Thu 29 Nov 08:04post reply

quote:
Ask ebay.

dammit! I hope it was expensive, at least.

Iggy
8261th Post

"Re(1):Random news : winter thread" , posted Thu 29 Nov 21:12post reply

http://www.4gamer.net/games/042/G004242/20071129011/

Chunli and Ken will appear in Perfect KO, an online Korean fighting game.

Ishmael
3006th Post

"Re(2):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 30 Nov 01:11post reply

Greenpeace gives Nintendo failing marks in recycling according to CS Monitor.

whitesword
1609th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 30 Nov 02:15post reply

quote:

They probably haven't heard about the Wii's Virtual Console then.

sfried
71th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 30 Nov 04:51post reply

quote:

They probably haven't heard about the Wii's Virtual Console then.

Doesn't the Wii only consume as much electricity as a small lightbulb?

Iggy
8263th Post

"Re(5):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 30 Nov 06:29post reply

quote:

Maybe they are referring to the batteries ?

sfried
72th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 30 Nov 11:41post reply

quote:

No. I recall reading somewhere that during standby, the Wii consumes no more than a small lightbulb. And even then, the reason the seem to have been penalized is available information concerning semiconductor alloys they used.

All this doesn't make sense considering Wii is the smallest of the consoles.

Maese Spt
393th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 30 Nov 11:56post reply

quote:

No. I recall reading somewhere that during standby, the Wii consumes no more than a small lightbulb. And even then, the reason the seem to have been penalized is available information concerning semiconductor alloys they used.

All this doesn't make sense considering Wii is the smallest of the consoles.

I believe the evaluation criteria have more to do with the processes they employ on their factories than with the elecric performance of the consoles itself.

Also:

quote:
The company scores zero on all criteria, allowing infinite room for future improvement.

Oh, these tiny little euphemisms of Quality Management business are SO adorable... Next time a kid scores a 0 on his final exam he could happily remind his parents: "Hey, isn't this great? I can only go better! Sky's the limit!" <3

マツケン サンバ!!!!

exodus
4049th Post

"Re(7):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 30 Nov 13:59post reply

quote:
And even then, the reason the seem to have been penalized is available information concerning semiconductor alloys they used.

I think it's mostly that they don't have an environmental or recycling plan, and probably don't use environmentally sound plants to make their chips, dispose of waste, etc.

Toxico
4319th Post

"Re(8):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 30 Nov 14:22post reply

quote:
I think it's mostly that they don't have an environmental or recycling plan, and probably don't use environmentally sound plants to make their chips, dispose of waste, etc.

That's exactly what I understood, that greenpeace was whining that after the console is no longer used and it "goes to waste", that after that event; it's materials have a 0% chance of being reused or properly disposed, and it can only become polution.

The only evil of the word is the one in the hearth of mens

Ishmael
3009th Post

"Re(9):Random news : winter thread" , posted Sat 1 Dec 04:51post reply

Konami rep feels that MGS4 needs to move one million copies on the first day in order to recoup production costs. Good luck with that.

Maou
1298th Post

"Re(10):Random news : winter thread" , posted Sat 1 Dec 08:37post reply

quote:
one million copies on the first day in order to recoup production costs.
One million? On PS3? hahahhahahahahahahahahhaha

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Toxico
4322th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Random news : winter thread" , posted Sat 1 Dec 11:11post reply

quote:
one million copies on the first day in order to recoup production costs.

One million? On PS3? hahahhahahahahahahahahhaha

I'll guess that, in that case; having 1 million of ps3 in the market will be the big news....

The only evil of the word is the one in the hearth of mens

Gojira
2265th Post

"Re(8):Random news : winter thread" , posted Sat 1 Dec 12:39post reply

quote:

More likely Greenpeace, having no legal right to do a proper inspection, couldn't hack out the right official documents from Nintendo's ghetto website to determine exactly what their plans were, and used their little blog/ranking list to whine about it. Meanwhile Nintendo won't even acknowledge Greenpeace's existance until the holiday season is over.

GekigangerV
1468th Post

"Re(2):Random news : Perfect KO Ken and Chunli" , posted Wed 5 Dec 12:56post reply

quote:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/042/G004242/20071205001/

Just a Person
1020th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):Random news : Perfect KO Ken and Chunli" , posted Wed 5 Dec 20:24post reply

quote:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/042/G004242/20071205001/

Never heard about this game... is there any information (that's not written in Korean) about it yet?

The graphics look poor, though... I'd rather have Chun-Li in Super Smash Bros. Brawl (yeah, I know, I said it hundreds of times... sorry).

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

sfried
73th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Random news :" , posted Thu 6 Dec 01:46post reply

More Spoony Bard remake goodness.

Pollyanna
2381th Post

"Re(5):Random news :" , posted Thu 6 Dec 09:04post reply

quote:
More Spoony Bard remake goodness.

Wuhhh! Such lame voice acting! I guess Gilbert/Edward is okay, but practically everyone else is so...weak!

I'm also still bitter about Cecil being such a weenie. I mean, I LOVE girly guys, but Cecil can be manly AND beautiful, right?

Oh well, the game itself looks great, at least...and I can't wait to hear the soundtrack.

Maou
1301th Post

"Re(6):Random news :" , posted Thu 6 Dec 10:51post reply

Yuck! That's just what I thought! The lame acting works for Gilbert/Edward, since Gilbert is in fact, lame. But it's almost like that was fortunate happenstance. Owwwww.

sfried
75th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Random news :" , posted Thu 6 Dec 11:49:post reply

quote:
Yuck! That's just what I thought! The lame acting works for Gilbert/Edward, since Gilbert is in fact, lame. But it's almost like that was fortunate happenstance. Owwwww.

Hush now... That will all be corrected in the English version. And by that, I mean British English...the one with the many UK accents. (Then we'll get to hear Spoony Bard in all of its glory)

quote:

I always thought of Guilty Gear more like...I dunno...a trap or something. Like, you play for a while and you "get it"...and you think you're good, and then you realize you're not doing anything right and you probably never will. I've probably put 300+ hours into various GG games and I still suck. I'm doubt I'm even "okay" by GG standards.

I got in more into Hokuto (Thanks Red!) than GG. I dunno...GG is just too...complicated for me. All those guages and silly cancels. Just give me one miscalleneous button which boosts/cancels at the same time as well as button combinations that make sense in their arrangement.

[this message was edited by sfried on Thu 6 Dec 11:53]

Maou
1302th Post

"Re(8):Random news :" , posted Thu 6 Dec 11:53post reply

Heh, English speakers may luck out (though they lose in so many other ways with these) this time, you're right. Too bad that doesn't correct the original, not that I was going to play the game I s'pose, but still, that's a criminally weak effort.

sfried
75th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(9):Random news :" , posted Thu 6 Dec 11:56post reply

quote:
Heh, English speakers may luck out (though they lose in so many other ways with these) this time, you're right. Too bad that doesn't correct the original, not that I was going to play the game I s'pose, but still, that's a criminally weak effort.

I dunno...if they bring that Balthier/Geico guy back again...

Spoon
1453th Post

"Re(8):Random news :" , posted Thu 6 Dec 15:03post reply

quote:

Hush now... That will all be corrected in the English version. And by that, I mean British English...the one with the many UK accents. (Then we'll get to hear Spoony Bard in all of its glory)

I can only hope that they will do like DQ8 and make the commoners/lower people speak incomprehensible cockney.

Of course, we might be in for some lameness with Yang and FuSoYa, but that'll be a small price to pay.

Iggy
8279th Post

"Re(1):Random news : winter thread" , posted Sun 16 Dec 01:02post reply

http://www.g-mode.jp/title/hero/index.html

Itôken is working on Masuda's next project. It looks cool, sounds great and... is on mobile phone.

GekigangerV
1476th Post

"Re(2):Random news : winter thread" , posted Sun 16 Dec 14:22:post reply

Marvel is doing ANOTHER X-Men manga

Now its Shojo though and with Del Ray. It will be weird to see Wolverine cut through people with that Boy Love style look.

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Sun 16 Dec 14:22]

Maese Spt
399th Post

Silver Customer

"uncanny bukkake otoko" , posted Sun 16 Dec 21:18post reply

And now, for something totally random different.

(quoted from Kitsuno in Samurai-archives)

quote:
Coffee Bukkake Man Arrested

A man has been arrested in Numazu, Shizuoka Prefecture for assaulting 5 schoolgirls with coffee via drive-by spitting attacks. Here’s a report from Asahi TV:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3q7zf_coffee-attack_blog

The spitter, who was nicknamed “Coffee Bukkake Man” [コーヒーぶっかけ男] by locals, had carried out 5 attacks since the end of October. All of his victims were junior high school or high school girls wearing their uniforms, and all of the attacks involved spitting coffee onto their faces from his car window. His final attack took place on December 7th, when a 16-year-old schoolgirl he spit on was able to come to her senses quickly enough to spot his license plate number and memorize it. This led to the arrest of 26 year-old Yoshiro Sumiyama, who admitted attacking the girls. Sumiyama told police that he was irritated after having been dumped by a woman and carried out the spitting attacks to relieve some stress.

Land of wonders, where we live, indeed.

マツケン サンバ!!!!

Gojira
2273th Post

"Re(1):uncanny bukkake otoko" , posted Sun 16 Dec 22:33post reply

quote:

Coffee Bukkake Man Arrested

The illustrations really made the story come alive.

Iggy
8285th Post

"Senko no Ronde 2" , posted Mon 17 Dec 17:40post reply

http://maglog.jp/grev/Article230054.html
next year, arcades.

KTallguy
972th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Senko no Ronde 2" , posted Tue 18 Dec 04:51post reply

quote:
next year, arcades.

I can't wait!
I'd love it if they released this as a downloadable title.

Play to win.

Holiday
2587th Post

"Re(2):Senko no Ronde 2" , posted Tue 18 Dec 18:13post reply

That's great news! It must be Senko week or something. Was just looking at this yesterday:
Baek Changpo figure / More pics...

sfried
77th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Senko no Ronde 2" , posted Wed 19 Dec 00:40:post reply

quote:
next year, arcades.

Nice to hear. Although...what's the deal with all of these androgenous characters?

quote:
That's great news! It must be Senko week or something. Was just looking at this yesterday:
Baek Changpo figure / More pics...

I'm wondering what's so special about Changpo, aside from "not your typical Korean in anime" kind of example.

[this message was edited by sfried on Wed 19 Dec 00:48]

KTallguy
975th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):Senko no Ronde 2" , posted Wed 19 Dec 07:23post reply

quote:
I'm wondering what's so special about Changpo, aside from "not your typical Korean in anime" kind of example.

Maybe it's just that she's awesome.
That's an awesome figurine.

Play to win.

dai jou bu
5th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Senko no Ronde 2" , posted Wed 19 Dec 10:20post reply

quote:

Well, she dresses like she has loose morals, yet her personality says otherwise: she really wants to kick your ass and she's absolutely confident that she'll accomplish this. However, Changpo still retains a bubbly personality despite these contrasting traits.

Plus she has awesome piloting skills, as demonstrated by her Rounder's various animations in the arcade version.

sfried
77th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Senko no Ronde 2" , posted Wed 19 Dec 11:20post reply

quote:

Well, she dresses like she has loose morals, yet her personality says otherwise: she really wants to kick your ass and she's absolutely confident that she'll accomplish this. However, Changpo still retains a bubbly personality despite these contrasting traits.

Plus she has awesome piloting skills, as demonstrated by her Rounder's various animations in the arcade version.

Oh, I thought it had something to do with her being one of those high-tier characters. She seems like it, too, judging from my limited playtime.

dai jou bu
6th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Senko no Ronde 2" , posted Wed 19 Dec 13:25post reply

quote:

Nice to hear. Although...what's the deal with all of these androgenous characters?

The androgenous characters and the 1960-esque illustrations, coupled with the weird way of telling the story (not to mention the SD time calendar) is a tribute to Keiko Takemiya, who was one of the two female manga authors that kind of paved the way for other female manga authors to actually make manga for girls, instead of guys making manga for girls. She also popularized the effeminate-looking male character designs with implied shounen-ai fanservice.

Also, Changpo is top-tier in terms of game balance because she is voiced by Ai Nanoka, who is a top-tier voice actress herself, and she pilots a Rounder designed by CHOCO.

sfried
78th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Senko no Ronde 2" , posted Wed 19 Dec 15:04post reply

quote:
Also, Changpo is top-tier in terms of game balance because she is voiced by Ai Nanoka, who is a top-tier voice actress herself, and she pilots a Rounder designed by CHOCO.

Huh? I meant gameplay...

She far easier to handle than giant swordspam Cullian.

dai jou bu
7th Post

New Customer

"Re(6):Senko no Ronde 2" , posted Wed 19 Dec 16:55post reply

quote:
Huh? I meant gameplay...

I've giving you my reasoning as to why G.Rev made her top-tier when they decided to balance the characters. XD

Also, Cuilan's pretty easy to use, actually. If you're the kind of player that loves to turtle, he's your kind of character. If can move really well with him, he's a VERY dangerous character since he can ease his way into Close Combat range without much of a problem, and he's pretty much first place in terms of chase CC effectiveness. He'd be god-tier if it weren't for the fact that he takes the most damage out of everyone in the entire game.

Iggy
8291th Post

"Re(1):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 21 Dec 03:24:post reply

Warning : 200% Japanese link.

Niconico RPG

Everything a RPG has to offer, and you don't even have to play through it to see all the cool stuff !

Also : the joke is on us : OFFICIAL SITE !
芋マジ氏ね

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 21 Dec 04:23]

Ishmael
3019th Post

"Re(2):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 21 Dec 06:05post reply

Sony's game division managed to pop up twice in the Top Tech Flops sub-division of Fortune's 101 Dumbest Moments in Business for 2007.

Iggy
8292th Post

"Re(3):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 21 Dec 20:07post reply

http://www.4gamer.net/games/045/G004562/20071220049/

Vantage Master PSP.
Hopes are it will be better than the terrible VMJapan on PS2, since it's ported by Falcom themselves.

Iggy
8293th Post

"Re(4):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 21 Dec 23:59post reply

PDF

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus !
(two versions : the game, and an appends disk for those who unfortunately bought the A Core game).

So far, the only thing the game should bring is... well, fewer bugs.

Iggy
8298th Post

"Re(5):Random news : winter thread" , posted Thu 27 Dec 21:39post reply

Yet another trailer of Ryû ga gotoku Kenzan !

Finally, a system seller.

Ishmael
3022th Post

"Re(6):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 28 Dec 05:18post reply

quote:
Yet another trailer of Ryû ga gotoku Kenzan !

Finally, a system seller.

From libido/meditation rhythm games to a cow ascending into heaven, this game looks like it's going to be all sorts of awesome.

GekigangerV
1479th Post

"Re(7):Random news : winter thread" , posted Fri 28 Dec 10:27:post reply

Link Here

Promotional video for Perfect KO with Ken and Chun-Li doing some of their moves along with the rest of the cast. Under the streaming video are two download links. The one on the right is a 60mb zip of the video.

*edit*

mms://streaming.pmang.com/pmang/publicgame/perfectko/chunli.wmv

Chun-Li Gameplay Streaming Footage

mms://streaming.pmang.com/pmang/publicgame/perfectko/ken.wmv

Ken Gameplay Streaming Footage

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Fri 28 Dec 14:00]