KOF Xl U.S release ps2 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4344 Views )

Hagen de Merak
968th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"KOF Xl U.S release ps2" , posted Thu 15 Nov 10:31post reply

Anyone gotten a copy yet? I've been looking for it everywhere, can't find it. Looks like the only place to find it is online.

Replies:

Evenor
608th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):KOF Xl U.S release ps2" , posted Thu 15 Nov 10:39post reply

quote:
Anyone gotten a copy yet? I've been looking for it everywhere, can't find it. Looks like the only place to find it is online.

I've had no luck finding a copy in my area (Orlando FL), but some people in SoCal and NYC/NJ have copies ( they took pictures ). It's really frustrating!

Both Gamestop and Amazon are stating the game is delayed, while snkplaymoreusa says the game was already shipped.

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Juke Joint Jezebel
3602th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):KOF Xl U.S release ps2" , posted Thu 15 Nov 15:48post reply

head north to Jacksonville, Evenor. some chick at Gamestop said they've got a copy

Digitalboy
491th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):KOF Xl U.S release ps2" , posted Thu 15 Nov 19:53post reply

I just ordered mine from Amazon. Thanks for the heads up.
quote:
head north to Jacksonville, Evenor. some chick at Gamestop said they've got a copy

Off topic: WTF! Evenor and JJJ are in the Jacksonville/Orlando area? I just left there this past June. Man we could have partied together.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Juke Joint Jezebel
3604th Post

"Re(4):KOF Xl U.S release ps2" , posted Thu 15 Nov 20:09post reply

quote:
Off topic: WTF! Evenor and JJJ are in the Jacksonville/Orlando area? I just left there this past June. Man we could have partied together.

rofl, nah

Hagen and i went to a Gamestop here in Houston and the employees gave us a MYSTERIOUS NUMBER to call, saying that the people at this number had a copy of KOF XI. i called it, asking where they were. they gave me some street name. i asked what city, and they sounded puzzled. then i asked what state, and they thought it was a prank call

i want a copy of KOF XI, that's all

Digitalboy
492th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):KOF Xl U.S release ps2" , posted Thu 15 Nov 20:24post reply

Oh, yeah, you are in Texas. I just remembered that. But damn, think about the parties we could have had.
quote:

rofl, nah

Hagen and i went to a Gamestop here in Houston and the employees gave us a MYSTERIOUS NUMBER to call, saying that the people at this number had a copy of KOF XI. i called it, asking where they were. they gave me some street name. i asked what city, and they sounded puzzled. then i asked what state, and they thought it was a prank call

i want a copy of KOF XI, that's all

I don't know how to live

Evenor
609th Post

"Re(6):KOF Xl U.S release ps2" , posted Thu 15 Nov 23:13post reply

quote:
Oh, yeah, you are in Texas. I just remembered that. But damn, think about the parties we could have had.

I use to live in Miami, but I go to UCF now. We could have partied so hard ! (drunk Samba De Amigo)

I decided to order it from estarland.com . I really hate dealing with the mongoloids who work at gamestop/ebgames/planetx/babbages/ etc etc etc.

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Ishmael
2996th Post

"Re(7):KOF Xl U.S release ps2" , posted Fri 16 Nov 01:07post reply

quote:

I decided to order it from estarland.com . I really hate dealing with the mongoloids who work at gamestop/ebgames/planetx/babbages/ etc etc etc.

The clerk at my local Gamestop seemed frightened and confused when I tried to pre-order KoFXI several weeks back. But considering the stealth release schedule that SNK likes to use I can understand why the fellow got a bit freaked out when he couldn't fully understand SNK's distribution methods. If my on-line order of the game is ever filled I will be pleasantly surprised.

Variable Savior
402th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):KOF Xl U.S release ps2" , posted Sat 17 Nov 09:56post reply

quote:

The clerk at my local Gamestop seemed frightened and confused when I tried to pre-order KoFXI several weeks back.

Gamestop clerks get frightened and confused every time they heard something than doesn't involve the words "Halo" or "Madden"

Blood marks heaven's path

crazymike
1391th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(9):KOF Xl U.S release ps2" , posted Sat 17 Nov 13:16:post reply

quote:

Gamestop clerks get frightened and confused every time they heard something than doesn't involve the words "Halo" or "Madden"

Personally I feel for the gamestop clerks, I mean come on, they get paid minimum wage for video game nerds to come in and quiz them on their knowledge of games.

Its not like these particular customers need help as they already know more than the clerks but they feel the need to "challenge" them on their knowledge just to give them a chance to bitch about how they know nothing.

[this message was edited by crazymike on Sat 17 Nov 13:17]

Variable Savior
403th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(10):KOF Xl U.S release ps2" , posted Sun 18 Nov 02:42post reply

quote:

Personally I feel for the gamestop clerks, I mean come on, they get paid minimum wage for video game nerds to come in and quiz them on their knowledge of games.

Its not like these particular customers need help as they already know more than the clerks but they feel the need to "challenge" them on their knowledge just to give them a chance to bitch about how they know nothing.

I'm not blasting the clerks as much as I'm condemning the stores. Gamestop et al are specialized videogame stores - that is to say that that is the main item they sell. Yet whenever I go into one of these stores they neither have or have heard of anything but the most high profile games.

If you can't find a copy of a lower profile game at a videogame store than where are supposed to go? I mean I really don't need to go to a game specific store to find copies of Halo, Madden, or GTA - you could buy Halo 3 at freakin' 7-11.

Essentially I feel that more often than not Gamestop/EB/etc fails to offer anything beyond what I could get from non-gaming stores like Best Buy. And to me that makes for a lousy game store.

Blood marks heaven's path

Burning Ranger
1531th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):KOF Xl U.S release ps2" , posted Sun 18 Nov 12:11post reply

I preordered the game through Amazon before the game's original October release date, but then it was pushed back. Now Amazon and Ebgames online say they have the game in stock, and Amazon is scheduled to ship my game tomorrow. I guess we'll find out, won't we?

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Gojira
2259th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):KOF Xl U.S release ps2" , posted Sun 18 Nov 12:32post reply

Gaming stores have used sections, and that's about all they can do. The internet takes care of most other problems.

Burning Ranger
1534th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):KOF Xl U.S release ps2" , posted Mon 19 Nov 12:43:post reply

Got confirmation from Amazon that my copy has shipped as of today. Should get it this week.

[this message was edited by Burning Ranger on Mon 19 Nov 12:44]

crazymike
1391th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):KOF Xl U.S release ps2" , posted Mon 19 Nov 14:09post reply

quote:

Essentially I feel that more often than not Gamestop/EB/etc fails to offer anything beyond what I could get from non-gaming stores like Best Buy. And to me that makes for a lousy game store.

I think Chik-Filet makes lousy chicken but apparently they are "experts" at chicken. I find most corporate stores to be completely useless, I find my local game xchange store to be more worthwhile to visit.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3605th Post

"<HATE MODE>" , posted Mon 19 Nov 16:08post reply

quote:
Variable Savior's lovely rant

truth. well, for the most part

in my opinion (and remember, my opinion's about as valuable as a pile of shit), Gamestop/EB breeds a type of asshole that you can only find working at their stores. how many times have i been yelled at for not preordering a game?

me - hey do you guys have [obscure game]?
them - (after looking up the item) nope. -- oh wait, did you preorder it?
me - no
them - well, then! that's what happens! should've preordered it!

i've preordered countless games, so i can get whatever shitty item that comes with preordering, or so i can make sure that i can have a copy of a game, or for whatever other reason. and countless times, i've had my preordered game or my shitty item given away or sold. if my preordering doesn't reserve the item for me, then why am i wasting my fucking time?

how many times have i been talked down to or fed bullshit information about games? i know, i honestly feel for Gamestop/EB employees too, or at least i did at one point in my life. i know they're only human like you and me, or at least they once were. these idiots think they have all this fucking power, they think that they've inherited the knowledge of the gods simply because they work at a game store. fuck that

Variable Savior is right. i would so much rather tear apart a Best Buy or Circuit City with my bare hands to look for a game than deal with a Gamestop/EB employee

i've only met two or three Gamestop/EB clerks that have been genuinely nice or useful to me, so this obviously doesn't apply to all of them. but i guess if you rummage through enough shit, you'll eventually find a diamond or two. i guess

</HAT

HM NEVERMIND. I DON'T THINK I'M IN THE MOOD TO CLOSE THAT TAG

nobinobita
207th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):<HATE MODE>" , posted Tue 20 Nov 00:38post reply

quote:

i've only met two or three Gamestop/EB clerks that have been genuinely nice or useful to me, so this obviously doesn't apply to all of them.

I've got some friends that have worked at EB/Gamestop and their attitudes often annoy me. They'd tell me "horror stories" about dumb customers like parents who don't understand that you can't play an xbox game on gamecube and LOL about it. But you know what? Alot of people don't play videogames and they really don't know simple info like that. All they want to do is make their kids happy so in those situations you should do your gosh danged job in a non condescending way and actually try to help someone for a change.

It's not just EB Clerks though. The workforce seems to turn everyone (for instance waiters) into hateful assholes.

Iggy
8250th Post

"Re(2):<HATE MODE>" , posted Tue 20 Nov 00:42post reply

quote:
It's not just EB Clerks though. The workforce seems to turn everyone (for instance waiters) into hateful assholes.

That reminds me of the "Paris Syndrome", where Japanese people had to be brought back to Japan in emergency after being shocked by the rudeness of French waiters. And then they wrote books about it.
As a Parisian asshole, I take pride of my fellow waiters who worked hard for freeing our city from the foreign invader.

Undead Fred
2934th Post

"Re(2):<HATE MODE>" , posted Tue 20 Nov 11:35post reply

quote:

Well, it's not like they're making any money or have any benefits... if you're working one of those minimum wage jobs and aren't living with your parents, odds are you're also working at least one other crappy job somewhere else to pay for your run-of-the-mill apartment. I honestly don't care if people aren't grinning from ear to ear when I walk in the door at Walgreens because I've worked their job before, and it sucked. Just as long as they're not a giant dick and help me find whatever I've wandered into the store for, then I'm satisfied. I have the softest spot for waiters since they only make $2.13 an hour and the rest of their income is a Russian Roulette game in the hands of the customer. "Oh, I didn't know 10% was a horrible tip... I thought tip was already added to the check... You should have brought me my ranch dressing faster... I'm sorry, I knew I was going out to eat, but I didn't bring money to tip you..."

I don't depend on Gamestops and so forth for pretty much the reasons here. If I'm not getting a less-than-popular game, I can go to a Best Buy instead. I just about never pre-order since the games they harp on for pre-orders are popular enough to be found anywhere else. The bonuses I'm supposed to get are hardly ever there when I get my game (I was shocked that I got my Helena figure for pre-ordering DOAXVB 2). You've just gotta remember- unless there's something cool you MIGHT be getting in return for a pre-order other than the game, just ignore them and get it anywhere you like. They're basically just trying to guarantee a sale at their store and nothing more. You're not gonna have any issues digging up Bioshock on release day in any given store.

Maou
1290th Post

"Re(3):<HATE MODE>" , posted Tue 20 Nov 12:02post reply

Sounds like a job for the Hate Hate Hat. I can't tell whether the American tipping system is awesome or terrible, but it's definitely unusual. Generally takes about a paragraph to explain all the protocols, I realized when explaining this in another language one time. Ask for check-get check-add payment-give check-wait for return-ad check-leave. Hmm. But anyway.

Suffice to say Gamestop-type places would get a 8 percent from me at best. In Tokyo's Takadanobaba /Waseda area there's a small game shop that has even ruder service than Gamestop, the only place I can think of that does. At least that burnout clerk doesn't want you to preorder games, though.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

nobinobita
208th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):<HATE MODE>" , posted Tue 20 Nov 18:54post reply

Pre-ordering games is actually much more vital to the health of smaller companies. If alot of people pre-order a lesser known title, it tells the store to actually stock that title instead of just getting in 1 or 2 copies and then never restocking it.

nobinobita
209th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):<HATE MODE>" , posted Tue 20 Nov 18:59post reply

quote:

That reminds me of the "Paris Syndrome", where Japanese people had to be brought back to Japan in emergency after being shocked by the rudeness of French waiters. And then they wrote books about it.
As a Parisian asshole, I take pride of my fellow waiters who worked hard for freeing our city from the foreign invader.

You guys are doing a great job. The last time i was in Paris i found a pube in my coffee. It was curly and everything. The waiter just ignored it and suggested that it was perhaps MY pube. Suffice it to say I never got a refund.

I do miss those little cups of café though. Damn.

Hagen de Merak
971th Post

"Re(4):<HATE MODE>" , posted Tue 20 Nov 19:26post reply

quote:
Pre-ordering games is actually much more vital to the health of smaller companies. If alot of people pre-order a lesser known title, it tells the store to actually stock that title instead of just getting in 1 or 2 copies and then never restocking it.

you'd think right? but they don't. how many times have I "pre-ordered" only to find out they have already sold it. Not only with games, but with figures as well. I preordered a fucking box of Series 2 SF figures for Onslaught, only to find out when I got there that they sold them, big help it was to preorder. By this I'm referring to Gamestop, even Toy's R us does a better job.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3606th Post

"Re(5):<HATE MODE>" , posted Tue 20 Nov 20:03post reply

quote:
even Toy's R us does a better job

</HATE MODE>

i found Art of Fighting Anthology at Toys R Us today

Burning Ranger
1535th Post

"Re(6):<HATE MODE>" , posted Wed 21 Nov 07:55post reply

quote:

There's a store here in No.Va. called Micro Center (big PC-centric store). They had copies of both Fatal Fury Anthology 1 and AOF collection.

Undead Fred
2935th Post

"Re(4):<HATE MODE>" , posted Wed 21 Nov 12:15post reply

quote:

Well, aside from the "maybe they'll have it, maybe they won't" factor of pre-ordering, when's the last time they've asked you at the counter to pre-order something lesser-known? You'll never hear "Did you want to pre-order Metal Slug Anthology?" or Odin Sphere or anything along those lines. But they'll definitely bring up Mass Effect or Rock Band or something along those lines.

Yes, I know my examples have all come out already, but I'm kind of behind on what's coming out. Heh heh. YOU GET THE POINT

nobinobita
210th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):<HATE MODE>" , posted Wed 21 Nov 12:55post reply

quote:
when's the last time they've asked you at the counter to pre-order something lesser-known?

That's why it's important to pre-order those games that they don't ask you about. Otherwise they really won't carry them.

Also, for those of you guys in NoVa, have you been to Starland? It's the original store opened by the guy who made eStarland. It's a neat place; i used to work there. It's a place where they WILL ask you if you want to preorder the next King of Fighters.

Maou
1293th Post

"Re(6):<HATE MODE>" , posted Wed 21 Nov 13:11:post reply

eStarland! I used to really love that place, now that's sorta cooled off ever since they decided they didn't care about caring any non-American releases anymore. I don't really know what their deal is and why they changed. I knew it was over when they didn't even carry a Japanese copy of FF XII... At least I managed to get two Saturn-shaped Udon Street Fighter PS controllers from them.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 21 Nov 13:11]

Gojira
2261th Post

"Re(5):<HATE MODE>" , posted Wed 21 Nov 19:40post reply

quote:

Well, aside from the "maybe they'll have it, maybe they won't" factor of pre-ordering, when's the last time they've asked you at the counter to pre-order something lesser-known? You'll never hear "Did you want to pre-order Metal Slug Anthology?" or Odin Sphere or anything along those lines. But they'll definitely bring up Mass Effect or Rock Band or something along those lines.

Yes, I know my examples have all come out already, but I'm kind of behind on what's coming out. Heh heh. YOU GET THE POINT

It's funny you mention Odin Sphere because when I went to buy Rocket Slime they recommended that I pre-order Odin Sphere. Then when I picked up Odin Sphere they tried to get me to preorder Persona 3. Which was annoying and rude so I spat on them and yeah that store sucks. But I'm sure they only did it because they were forced to by Atlus' total sell-out marketing campaigns.

Amakusa
732th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(7):<HATE MODE>" , posted Thu 22 Nov 12:45post reply

quote:

There's a store here in No.Va. called Micro Center (big PC-centric store). They had copies of both Fatal Fury Anthology 1 and AOF collection.

I found both of those at a Gamestop a couple weeks ago, but I didn't buy them because... well, I don't really have any attachment to the games in those collections.

As for KOF, I bit the bullet and just ordered it from Amazon after I asked the guy at EB Games about it and told me the closest place that had it was in Texas (which I learned independantly from GameFaqs, funny enough).

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Burning Ranger
1536th Post

"Re(6):<HATE MODE>" , posted Fri 23 Nov 01:18post reply

quote:

Also, for those of you guys in NoVa, have you been to Starland? It's the original store opened by the guy who made eStarland. It's a neat place; i used to work there. It's a place where they WILL ask you if you want to preorder the next King of Fighters.

I'm in NoVa!!! Where is this "Starland" you speak of? I would like to see if they have something more to offer than the regular bigbox game stores.

Evenor
611th Post

"Re(7):<HATE MODE>" , posted Fri 23 Nov 01:31post reply

quote:

I'm in NoVa!!! Where is this "Starland" you speak of? I would like to see if they have something more to offer than the regular bigbox game stores.

This should help?

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

exodus
4029th Post

"my advice to all" , posted Fri 23 Nov 05:14post reply

buy KOF XI and either NGBC, AOF or Fatal Fury v1 from amazon and get you some free shipping. I hate those !@#!@%$ stores.

Ishmael
3001th Post

"Re(1):my advice to all" , posted Sun 25 Nov 05:29post reply

quote:
buy KOF XI and either NGBC, AOF or Fatal Fury v1 from amazon and get you some free shipping. I hate those !@#!@%$ stores.

The hidden beauty of ordering from Amazon or other on-line stores is that you can track the progress of your package as it winds its way over hill and dale to get to you. Who needs an actual vacation when I can live vicariously through the trip my purchased item is taking?

As for KoFXI I finally secured a copy. While I'm enjoying it so far I'm amazed that SNK managed to make a final boss that is as lame and annoying as any they have ever made. SNK is a company that is all about tradition even if the tradition is something that should probably be forgotten.

Burning Ranger
1537th Post

"Re(2):my advice to all" , posted Sun 25 Nov 15:23post reply

quote:

The hidden beauty of ordering from Amazon or other on-line stores is that you can track the progress of your package as it winds its way over hill and dale to get to you. Who needs an actual vacation when I can live vicariously through the trip my purchased item is taking?

As for KoFXI I finally secured a copy. While I'm enjoying it so far I'm amazed that SNK managed to make a final boss that is as lame and annoying as any they have ever made. SNK is a company that is all about tradition even if the tradition is something that should probably be forgotten.

Got mine from Amazon today. So far as I can tell, this is identical to the JP version. And yes, Magaki is one sick SOB.

Digitalboy
500th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):my advice to all" , posted Mon 26 Nov 00:04post reply

It finally came in the mail. I can not play it now because I have to get to work.
quote:
Got mine from Amazon today. So far as I can tell, this is identical to the JP version. And yes, Magaki is one sick SOB.

I don't know how to live

Ishmael
3002th Post

"Re(3):my advice to all" , posted Tue 27 Nov 01:38post reply

quote:

Good to hear that nothing was lost in the conversion. I guess all that extra time that SNK got with by constantly pushing back the release date paid off... or something like that.

Also, as an admendment to my previous post I did want to note that Magaki is actually quite manageable when I switched from arcade to arrange mode in the options. While creating a great many more openings on the final boss may be going against the purpose of the character I appreciated not feeling as if I was being punished for trying to complete the game.

exodus
4037th Post

"Re(4):my advice to all" , posted Tue 27 Nov 11:48post reply

quote:
Good to hear that nothing was lost in the conversion. I guess all that extra time that SNK got with by constantly pushing back the release date paid off... or something like that.

I'm selfishly happy to hear that nothing was added, since I have the original.

Amakusa
733th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):my advice to all" , posted Wed 28 Nov 07:17post reply

quote:

Also, as an admendment to my previous post I did want to note that Magaki is actually quite manageable when I switched from arcade to arrange mode in the options. While creating a great many more openings on the final boss may be going against the purpose of the character I appreciated not feeling as if I was being punished for trying to complete the game.

I got my copy yesterday. Magaki makes me want to chuck the disc out the window in spite of the fact I had to wait a week for it to come in the mail.

I also find it silly that I unlocked Mr. Big and Geese long before I figured out how to unlock Tung. But then, I suck at combos like that.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Pollyanna
2376th Post

"Re(5):my advice to all" , posted Wed 28 Nov 08:13post reply

Magaki never gave me any trouble, but to me, SNK bosses are usually "hit or miss". Like, I've heard people complain about Omega Rugal, who I find tremendously easy, but hear very few complaints about Krizalid, who I find unbearably annoying (thanks to that damn suction axe kick).

Then you have just about every Samurai Spirits boss, who I find completely impossible unless I just jump up and down in the corner.

kofoguz
568th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):my advice to all" , posted Wed 28 Nov 09:31post reply

quote:
Magaki never gave me any trouble, but to me, SNK bosses are usually "hit or miss". Like, I've heard people complain about Omega Rugal, who I find tremendously easy, but hear very few complaints about Krizalid, who I find unbearably annoying (thanks to that damn suction axe kick).

Then you have just about every Samurai Spirits boss, who I find completely impossible unless I just jump up and down in the corner.

Krizalid is so easy, even if you only use fast Jumd+CD attack. That was my easiest kof boss ever. On the other hand Igniz. He is a total nightmare to me. He eats much more coins of mine than Mario would get from "everywhere is coin" stages, just for one ending.

exodus
4041th Post

"Re(7):my advice to all" , posted Wed 28 Nov 10:24post reply

I find them all relatively difficult! what do I win?

Toxico
4317th Post

"Re(8):my advice to all" , posted Wed 28 Nov 10:33post reply

quote:
I find them all relatively difficult! what do I win?

Eat cornflakes and vegetables every day

The only evil of the word is the one in the hearth of mens

exodus
4043th Post

"Re(9):my advice to all" , posted Thu 29 Nov 02:50post reply

quote:

I'm a vegetarian, so this is not a difficult proposition.

Toxico
4318th Post

"Re(10):my advice to all" , posted Thu 29 Nov 04:53post reply

quote:

I'm a vegetarian, so this is not a difficult proposition.

... Pray every night before going to bed

The only evil of the word is the one in the hearth of mens

Hagen de Merak
974th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):my advice to all" , posted Mon 3 Dec 10:27post reply

Man, does windows vista suck ass or what?

On the bright side, finally got my copy of KOF Xl

codeblues
12th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):my advice to all" , posted Wed 5 Dec 12:09post reply

quote:
Man, does windows vista suck ass or what?

On the bright side, finally got my copy of KOF Xl

So I'm looking for a place to buy it for a cheap $15 with free shipping cause Gamestops are still selling for $20. I could get me a hearty burger with that $5!

Juke Joint Jezebel
3611th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):my advice to all" , posted Wed 5 Dec 12:20post reply

quote:
So I'm looking for a place to buy it for a cheap $15 with free shipping cause Gamestops are still selling for $20. I could get me a hearty burger with that $5!

ehh, i tore Houston apart to find that game. when i finally found it for $20, i went ahead and paid it

Grave
958th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):my advice to all" , posted Wed 5 Dec 17:57post reply

quote:
ehh, i tore Houston apart to find that game. when i finally found it for $20, i went ahead and paid it

I waited a few weeks for the Brookline GameStop to finally get it in. It was gone before I could even make it over... so I ordered it on Amazon with 2-day shipping, and it turned out to be a buck or two cheaper than game + tax + public transportation would have been. I felt like an idiot for waiting that long, even.

Digitalboy
502th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Re(10):my advice to all" , posted Wed 5 Dec 19:01post reply

Amazon recommends me to order Neo Geo Battle Coliseum...

I don't know how to live

codeblues
13th Post

New Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):my advice to all" , posted Thu 6 Dec 10:00post reply

quote:

I ended up getting it from amazon without NGBC. I got some rock glasses instead. Free shipping =D

Dr Orochi
529th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):Re(10):my advice to all" , posted Wed 12 Dec 04:05post reply

quote:

SNKP states having shipped NGBC

and....

NGBC DS?

Iggy
8276th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):my advice to all" , posted Wed 12 Dec 04:10post reply

quote:
NGBC DS?

Old fake.

Dr Orochi
530th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(9):Re(10):my advice to all" , posted Wed 12 Dec 04:56post reply

quote:
NGBC DS?

Old fake.

Thank you. Must do more research!

Grave
967th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):my advice to all" , posted Wed 12 Dec 08:12post reply

If Amazon comes through on shipping tomorrow, I'll be doing this shit on Friday!

I learned my lesson from KOF XI.

Ishmael
3012th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):my advice to all" , posted Fri 14 Dec 05:36post reply

So did NGBC actually ship in the US, or is SNKP having a bit of fun with us again?

Grave
972th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):my advice to all" , posted Fri 14 Dec 11:21post reply

Maybe... maybe I didn't learn anything at all...

quote:
So did NGBC actually ship in the US, or is SNKP having a bit of fun with us again?

Amazon assures me that my copy shipped yesterday, and that it'll arrive... in the middle of next week?! Yeah, I got no shipping confirmation and only found this out because I emailed them and said I wanted to cancel, but they told me it wasn't possible because it was already off. At least they're refunding the shipping price in full. I'm not entirely convinced it's on its way, but...

Dr Orochi
531th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):my advice to all" , posted Fri 14 Dec 12:05post reply

quote:

I'm not entirely convinced it's on its way, but...

Interesting. I ordered a copy from eStarland and I'm keeping my fingers crossed it arrives by the weekend (they emailed me w/ deliv conf #).
I understand that SNKP actually took the time to translate win quotes and endings (missing in PAL version).
Keep us updated on Amazon's shipping.
If anyone else has snagged a copy... are you enjoying it?

Grave
973th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):my advice to all" , posted Fri 14 Dec 15:35post reply

I ended up ordering a copy from FamilyVideo when I thought I could still cancel my Amazon order, so now it looks like I might end up with two of them next week! Or maybe just one... the Amazon one shipped today, meaning it should be here on Monday, probably.

I'm still convinced that it'll just be an empty box and NGBC won't be out til '08. Until it shows up, I won't believe otherwise.

Digitalboy
506th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):my advice to all" , posted Sat 15 Dec 04:15post reply

I messed up by ordering today and now that I think about it it will not be in my hands until after X-mas. Bullocks, I say. I am thinking that it will end up "lost" in the mail.

I don't know how to live

Dr Orochi
532th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"NGBC" , posted Sun 16 Dec 01:42post reply

quote:
Bullocks, I say. I am thinking that it will end up "lost" in the mail.

Have faith fellows. Mine arrived this morning in the post. Win Quotes and endings are indeed translated (with some lovely typos and SNKisms).

Ishmael
3015th Post

"Re(1):NGBC" , posted Sun 16 Dec 06:35post reply

quote:

Have faith fellows. Mine arrived this morning in the post. Win Quotes and endings are indeed translated (with some lovely typos and SNKisms).

That's good to hear. It's just not an SNK game unless it reads as if it was translated by someone who doesn't speak either English or Japanese.

Grave
974th Post

"Re(2):NGBC" , posted Tue 18 Dec 09:12post reply

It's real! There's even a disc inside! Time to see if the PS3 fast loading really does help with the nasty load times.

crazymike
1397th Post

"Re(3):NGBC" , posted Sun 23 Dec 06:04post reply

Resurrecting this thread for me to selfishly announce to the world, I picked up KOF XI, NGBC AND Guilty Gear Accent Core at the same Gamestop last night!

Iggy
8295th Post

"Re(4):NGBC" , posted Sun 23 Dec 08:03post reply

quote:
Resurrecting this thread for me to selfishly announce to the world, I picked up KOF XI, NGBC AND Guilty Gear Accent Core at the same Gamestop last night!

Is GGAC as fulled of bugs as the japanese version ? Does it format your memory card ?

Grave
975th Post

"Re(5):NGBC" , posted Sun 23 Dec 08:27post reply

quote:
Is GGAC as fulled of bugs as the japanese version ? Does it format your memory card ?

The US version definitely has bug fixes, but I can't say for sure what is fixed and what isn't. I haven't heard reports of any problems with the US PS2 release, though. I'd be curious to see a list of known bugs from the JPN version.

Toxico
4340th Post

"Re(5):NGBC" , posted Sun 23 Dec 08:38post reply

quote:

This is funny, and makes me think of something Kojima would do "anything but metal gear game files : destroyed"

The only evil of the word; is the one in the heart of mens

crazymike
1398th Post

"Re(5):NGBC" , posted Sun 23 Dec 16:14post reply

quote:

Sadly(?) with Christmas/family business to attend to I haven't had a chance to pop it in yet.

Digitalboy
507th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):NGBC" , posted Mon 24 Dec 22:31post reply

Got mine yesterday. And I finally decided to buy Art of Fighting Anthology and Fatal Fury to go along with Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.

I don't know how to live

Ishmael
3033th Post

"Re(7):NGBC" , posted Mon 14 Jan 23:37post reply

Bumping this thread just to note that I finally got a copy of NGBC. Er, maybe I should say that I now own a copy of NGBC, since after playing a few rounds I'm still not sure whether I "get it" yet or not. Between the odd feel of NGBC and my Brain Age game telling me that we needed to see other people and summarily dumping me it was an weird weekend for videogames.