sealed game discussion - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1586 Views )

SealedCollector
0th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"sealed game discussion" , posted Thu 18 Oct 00:07post reply

I know this is a bit of a taboo subject amongst the general gaming community, but it's news all the same, and may interest the small minority to whom it applies.

A new forum site has recently just been set up aimed at collector's who prefer to collect factory sealed video-games, called Sealed Game Heaven ( Sealed Game Heaven ), and has already so far been reported on by Kotaku.com; InsertCredit.com; And also BitParade

The forum features in-depth guides and discussions regarding sealed games from all regions, as well as useful information regarding what to look out for, as well as the differences between factory seals and reseals. It also has another section where members have posted pictures of their impressive sealed game collections for your viewing pleasure!

Even if you are not a fan of this unique collecting phenomenon, it may still fascinate you or even provide enlightenment!

So what do you think about sealed games?

best greetings

Replies:

Mokona
433th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):sealed game discussion" , posted Thu 18 Oct 02:31post reply

I guess it's as good/bad as collecting anything else. Some people collect the most stupid things, but can you blame them if it makes their boat float? Good for them I guess.

This particular hobby is kinda of the expensive sort (you have to buy the games you wanna play twice, basically), especially when you go into rarer games (that are hard to find and more expensive to begin with).

Blah!

IkariDC
671th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):sealed game discussion" , posted Thu 18 Oct 02:37post reply

quote:
I guess it's as good/bad as collecting anything else. Some people collect the most stupid things, but can you blame them if it makes their boat float? Good for them I guess.

This particular hobby is kinda of the expensive sort (you have to buy the games you wanna play twice, basically), especially when you go into rarer games (that are hard to find and more expensive to begin with).

Yeah, I like to buy my games new, shiny and sealed of course, but videogames are for playing the hell out of them! (Looking at my unplayed pile of games makes me feel stupid after this statement).

GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD

Maou
1267th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):sealed game discussion" , posted Thu 18 Oct 10:20post reply

Ha, I'm the reverse...I don't think I've bought more than maybe 3 new games in about 8 years. Helps that Japanese used games are actually treated well as opposed to the US where people seem to be hell-bent on stomping on them and tearing the manuals in two before they sell them used.

But yeah, sealed games seems like an oddity since you can't even look at it the way you could look at a sealed action figure or something through the plastic. Better hope the game has REALLY good cover art, or...

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Maese Spt
388th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):sealed game discussion" , posted Thu 18 Oct 13:49post reply

Pretty much what he says

マツケン サンバ!!!!