979th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):The TGS thread" , posted Wed 19 Sep 20:23post reply

quote:
It's not begun yet, but who cares !

Lady in DMC 4!

Oh, and that other chick as well.

Weird... shouldn't DMC4 happen after DMC1, which happens some hundreds of years after DMC3? How come Lady is still young?

Nice to see both Trish and her back, anyway. I wonder if Lucia (from DMC2) will be in it as well, though. Sure, DMC2 wasn't exactly well received by critics and the players, but hey, the girl deserves a second chance...

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Gojira
2228th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):The TGS thread" , posted Wed 19 Sep 20:46:post reply

Lost Odyssey comes out December 6 in Japan, February '08 in US/ Euro. I thought they were going for simultaneous release but whatever, not like anyone was expecting it to happen.

Sakaguchi did a press demo earlier. The video was put up on IGN, if you want to see a section of the game being played complete with story scenes, battle and hero fanservice Link arrrrr

[this message was edited by Gojira on Wed 19 Sep 20:52]

Olivier Hague
99th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):The TGS thread" , posted Wed 19 Sep 21:11post reply

quote:
shouldn't DMC4 happen after DMC1, which happens some hundreds of years after DMC3?

Er... Who ever said Devil May Cry 3 happened "hundreds of years" before the first game?

quote:
Nice to see both Trish and her back, anyway. I wonder if Lucia (from DMC2) will be in it as well, though

Lucia from what?

(seriously though, I believe Devil May Cry 4 is supposed to take place before Devil May Cry 2, so I wouldn't expect Lucia to show up...)

Count Hihihi
53th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):The TGS thread" , posted Wed 19 Sep 22:15post reply

Can't wait to see Metal Slug 7.. on the DS! lolz
No wonder SNK Playmore was absent from the AM show. They were busy printing money.

"Dont bother. Your gonna be hammered by some git hammering buttons as Horwang or Christy anyway." - RR

Just a Person
980th Post

"Re(3):The TGS thread" , posted Wed 19 Sep 22:17post reply

quote:
Er... Who ever said Devil May Cry 3 happened "hundreds of years" before the first game?

I guess I read this at GameFAQs. But now that you said that, I'm not sure if that info was reliable...

Still, Lady looks quite young. Even Dante looks older now, and as a demon he's supposed to get older very slowly.

quote:
Lucia from what?

(seriously though, I believe Devil May Cry 4 is supposed to take place before Devil May Cry 2, so I wouldn't expect Lucia to show up...)

That's possible. It would be a pity, though; as I said, Lucia deserved to take part on a better game than DMC2 was...

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Iggy
8156th Post

"Re(2):The TGS thread" , posted Wed 19 Sep 23:01post reply

quote:
They were busy printing money.

By "money", you mean "monkey feces"?

Catalyst
304th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):The TGS thread" , posted Wed 19 Sep 23:30post reply

quote:
It's not begun yet, but who cares !

Lady in DMC 4!

Oh, and that other chick as well.

Awesome, great find dude.

TreIII
27th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):The TGS thread" , posted Thu 20 Sep 02:19:post reply

quote:
They were busy printing money.

By "money", you mean "monkey feces"?

Hey, like it or lump it, SNK is merely following the same train of thought that so many others (including their notable rivals, Konami and Treasure) have done, or stand to do: The DS prints money, and putting your products on a platform such as that pretty much guarantees that you'll get a license to Nintendo's printing presses. And it also helps if your product is a good product (which this game will probably be, if SNK knows what's good for them).

Besides, it's probably the most logical thing we could assume from the series, until SNK is ready to take the series in a new direction (and probably will use the Taito X2 to power such a game). Like with KOF98UM and these other games that are coming out, they're just doing what they can to squeeze a few more pennies out of the aging NeoGeo-based formula before people will basically be all like "Yo! We see this new stuff in the arcades, it's time to give MS the same treatment!" and so forth.

On another note...I'm anxiously awaiting to see Kunio-kun Dodge Ball DS in motion. Should only be a small matter of time now...

Dokuganryu wa Date jya ne you see?

[this message was edited by TreIII on Thu 20 Sep 02:19]

Iggy
8157th Post

"Re(4):The TGS thread" , posted Thu 20 Sep 03:48post reply

quote:
The DS prints money, and putting your products on a platform such as that pretty much guarantees that you'll get a license to Nintendo's printing presses.

It was true last year, when you didn't have 52 new DS games released every week.

Iggy
8158th Post

"Re(2):The TGS thread" , posted Thu 20 Sep 05:34post reply

quote:
Can't wait to see Metal Slug 7..
It hurts me as much as it hurts... Me !
Wait... There was a Metal SLug 6 ?

naohisa
7th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):The TGS thread" , posted Thu 20 Sep 08:25post reply

quote:
Can't wait to see Metal Slug 7.. It hurts me as much as it hurts... Me !

Rakuten has KOF MIA2 too.

Link: http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/soutahouse/diary/200709190000/

Maou
1253th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):The TGS thread" , posted Thu 20 Sep 09:26post reply

quote:

There was a Metal Slug 3? There is a certain similarity I can't quite place my finger on...

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Catalyst
306th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):The TGS thread" , posted Thu 20 Sep 13:06post reply

More DMC 4 related fun stuff on the Devil may cry 4 website http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil4/main.html

complete overhaul and new video. Enjoy!

Iggy
8160th Post

"Re(4):The TGS thread" , posted Thu 20 Sep 18:43:post reply

KOF MIA 2 on PS2

Several boring stuff, only the logo of KOF XII and Samusupi Sen were shown. New compilation : Sunsoft Collection (Maybe Galaxy Fight et Wakuwaku 7 ?)

As for 98 UM, The bôsô seem a little slower and have really low resistance (... OK ?) Goenitz appears to be like in SvC, and as for Orochi, he can crouch like a normal character, but no report on wether he comes from 97 or from Mizuchi.
New ura characters : ura King (suprise rose), ura Mary (like in RB2 ?) and ura Geese (close to RBSP). Random challenger : Shingo, Kasumi, Eiji, the Orochi team or the boss team can challenge you, and the boss appears to be random between Goenitz, Orochi and Omega R.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 20 Sep 19:16]

Gojira
2228th Post

"Re(5):The TGS thread" , posted Thu 20 Sep 19:12post reply

Yet another new MGS4 trailer

This one's a little odd, but it does confirm the return of one extremely important character at the end.

Zepy
1406th Post

"Re(6):The TGS thread" , posted Thu 20 Sep 20:53post reply

the twins in dokimajo 2 are wearing sailor + school swimsuit!

SNK is craaaaaaaazy

Just a Person
981th Post

"Re(5):The TGS thread" , posted Thu 20 Sep 21:15post reply

quote:
Random challenger : Shingo, Kasumi, Eiji, the Orochi team or the boss team can challenge you, and the boss appears to be random between Goenitz, Orochi and Omega R.

That looks like a nice change, it makes the game experience more random, and the challenges more unexpected. I like it.

One question, though: according to these reports, do Shingo, Kasumi and Eiji challenge you just one per time, or all three of them appear as a random challenger team?

ZamIAm
1664th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):The TGS thread" , posted Fri 21 Sep 01:43post reply

quote:
I wonder if Lucia (from DMC2) will be in it as well, though. Sure, DMC2 wasn't exactly well received by critics and the players, but hey, the girl deserves a second chance...

I'm pretty sure Lucia is destined for obscurity with no possible hope of recovery. DMC2 is reviled and an intriguing number of people don't like Lucia.

Spoon
1417th Post

"Re(3):The TGS thread" , posted Fri 21 Sep 03:07post reply

quote:
and an intriguing number of people don't like Lucia.

Is she that woman from DMC1? Or was she new in DMC2? I never got around to DMC2, and my memories of DMC1 are hazy.

Just a Person
982th Post

"Re(4):The TGS thread" , posted Fri 21 Sep 03:14post reply

quote:
and an intriguing number of people don't like Lucia.

Is she that woman from DMC1? Or was she new in DMC2? I never got around to DMC2, and my memories of DMC1 are hazy.

Lucia is the red-haired woman from DMC2, the only female character from the DMC series who besides being playable, also has a story mode of her own. She even had the transformation ability, like Dante and Vergil.

The blonde woman from DMC1 is Trish.

TreIII
30th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):The TGS thread" , posted Fri 21 Sep 11:59:post reply

quote:
I'm pretty sure Lucia is destined for obscurity with no possible hope of recovery. DMC2 is reviled and an intriguing number of people don't like Lucia.

I think it's due more to how people just don't like DMC2, thus whatever is associated with that game automatically caries a bad rep. But I would think, given another shot in a GOOD game, Lucia would be a respectable addition to the cast.

I just wonder what's taking Capcom so long to either a) strip the game completely from the record or b) take it upon themselves to completely remake the game from scratch, making it better fit into the timeline of the series, revamping Dante and giving Lucia a fair shake.

EDIT: http://blog.am-net.jp/

Leona and Daimon are back! YEAH!!!

And Samurai SEN, from what can be seen, doesn't look bad either!

[this message was edited by TreIII on Fri 21 Sep 12:15]

Ikari Loona
211th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):The TGS thread" , posted Fri 21 Sep 18:41post reply

quote:

EDIT: http://blog.am-net.jp/

Leona and Daimon are back! YEAH!!!

Cool! This "neoOrochi" chapter couldn't end without Leona in it.
And Elisabeth's getting a new outfit that doesn't highlight her tits, something along the lines of SC's Ivy's 2P suits, which is pretty cool in my book.

I just don't get why terry had to go back to his old too-colourful look, he's easier to respect in the more plausible Garou MotW clothes...

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Just a Person
983th Post

"Re(5):The TGS thread" , posted Fri 21 Sep 22:35post reply

quote:

Cool! This "neoOrochi" chapter couldn't end without Leona in it.
And Elisabeth's getting a new outfit that doesn't highlight her tits, something along the lines of SC's Ivy's 2P suits, which is pretty cool in my book.

I just don't get why terry had to go back to his old too-colourful look, he's easier to respect in the more plausible Garou MotW clothes...

Whoa, news about KoF XII! That's not something we see everyday.

Elizabeth looks great in the new outfit, and it's wonderful to see Leona back (although I don't think KoF XII will end the "neoOrochi" chapter; I guess it will end at KoF XIII, with KoF XIV being possibly another dream-match game).

As for Terry, yeah, his Garou look is better than the old FF one. Maybe SNK is trying to show that he's not as old as he supposedly is at Garou?? Although that would be unnecessary, since the KoF timeline is quite different from the AoF/FF one.

Ishmael
2945th Post

"Re(6):The TGS thread" , posted Fri 21 Sep 22:56post reply

While I would dearly love to see some more details on the latest SS game I'm betting that's probably all they have to show at the moment. Still, I'm glad to see the project is still alive and being worked on.

So did Terry grow his hair back out or is that a weave?

Ikari Loona
212th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):The TGS thread" , posted Fri 21 Sep 23:06post reply

quote:

As for Terry, yeah, his Garou look is better than the old FF one. Maybe SNK is trying to show that he's not as old as he supposedly is at Garou?? Although that would be unnecessary, since the KoF timeline is quite different from the AoF/FF one.

XI already openly tossed aside any concerns with a coherent timeline when it added Hayate & Jyazu, gave Athena a schoolgirl outfit in her 11th entry in the series and made Gai comment that Ryo was supposed to look older when he beats him...
Maybe they're testing the new high-res graphics with a look that's been drawn in many different styles before (FFs, KoFs, CvS...), while the Garou one just got reused and resized in 2003 and XI... It may just mean that both he and Athena will have to be fully edited from XII to XIII, who knows...

Just a Person
984th Post

"Re(7):The TGS thread" , posted Sat 22 Sep 00:09post reply

quote:

XI already openly tossed aside any concerns with a coherent timeline when it added Hayate & Jyazu, gave Athena a schoolgirl outfit in her 11th entry in the series and made Gai comment that Ryo was supposed to look older when he beats him...
Maybe they're testing the new high-res graphics with a look that's been drawn in many different styles before (FFs, KoFs, CvS...), while the Garou one just got reused and resized in 2003 and XI... It may just mean that both he and Athena will have to be fully edited from XII to XIII, who knows...

Good notes. Yes, how could Athena still be a schoolgirl?

Well, although her career as both a singer and a fighter may have caused her to fail the final exams for a couple of years...

Gojira
2230th Post

"Re(8):The TGS thread" , posted Sat 22 Sep 01:07post reply

IGN meets World Heroes Gorgeous

I just had to post it because it's such a terrible, hilariously jaded preview. My favorite thing is the random KoF98UM image stuck right in the middle for no reason. And the "Extreme" comment which fascinates me because I can't possibly understand it.

Digitalboy
455th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):The TGS thread" , posted Sat 22 Sep 02:33post reply

Just a thought but maybe the "Garou" version of Terry is an "hidden" character as it is in KOF:MI2. Just a thought...that is all.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Ikari Loona
213th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(10):The TGS thread" , posted Sat 22 Sep 02:38post reply

quote:
Just a thought but maybe the "Garou" version of Terry is an "hidden" character as it is in KOF:MI2. Just a thought...that is all.

A nice thought, but unlikely - it's easier to make a new skin in a 3D game than a completely new sprite set in 2D.

Oh heck, nwo I'm beginning to think about the work involved in putting together the next dream match game... damn antecipating tendencies...

Ishmael
2946th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):The TGS thread" , posted Sat 22 Sep 04:38post reply

SNK announces more games that will be released in the US as reported by Gamespot.

Toxico
4288th Post

"Re(8):The TGS thread" , posted Sat 22 Sep 05:53post reply

quote:
Good notes. Yes, how could Athena still be a schoolgirl?

Well, although her career as both a singer and a fighter may have caused her to fail the final exams for a couple of years...

She failed every semester by trying to save Geese failing from random rooftops.

Iggy
8165th Post

"Re(1):The TGS thread" , posted Mon 24 Sep 00:15post reply

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163146

Ugly trailer of a hopefully gorgeous game.

Count Hihihi
54th Post

Occasional Customer

"o boi" , posted Mon 24 Sep 22:12post reply

I'll just paste this crap as it was in Kotaku.

"Back in 2006, SNK's Overseas Marketing Manager Yoshihito Koyama told me that the Osaka-based developer thought a "good time" to release a PS3 game was 2009-10. SNK confirmed that King of Fighters XII would be hitting North America on the PLAYSTATION 3 and the Xbox 360 in early 2009. The last non-spinoff entry in the series was KOF XI in 2005, and the upcoming game is a 3D fighter that is shaded to look 2D. Koyama described it as "3D mixed with 2D." Before that, the title will be rolled in its Japanese arcade version in late 2009. Looking forward to seeing how SNK combines this."

exodus
4015th Post

"Re(1):o boi" , posted Mon 24 Sep 22:58post reply

quote:
I'll just paste this crap as it was in Kotaku.

"Back in 2006, SNK's Overseas Marketing Manager Yoshihito Koyama told me that the Osaka-based developer thought a "good time" to release a PS3 game was 2009-10. SNK confirmed that King of Fighters XII would be hitting North America on the PLAYSTATION 3 and the Xbox 360 in early 2009. The last non-spinoff entry in the series was KOF XI in 2005, and the upcoming game is a 3D fighter that is shaded to look 2D. Koyama described it as "3D mixed with 2D." Before that, the title will be rolled in its Japanese arcade version in late 2009. Looking forward to seeing how SNK combines this."

yeah....I'm pretty much hoping that's just not true.

Ishmael
2947th Post

"Re(2):The TGS thread" , posted Mon 24 Sep 23:01post reply

quote:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163146

Ugly trailer of a hopefully gorgeous game.

Could we please have a moratorium on text being slashed by a sword?

Iggy
8169th Post

"Re(2):o boi" , posted Tue 25 Sep 02:02post reply

quote:
yeah....I'm pretty much hoping that's just not true

And it's also the exact opposite of every declaration of Nona, or of the plans of Falcoon with MI3 at the time (that is, before MIA rolled out).

TreIII
33th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):o boi" , posted Tue 25 Sep 04:06post reply

quote:
yeah....I'm pretty much hoping that's just not true
And it's also the exact opposite of every declaration of Nona, or of the plans of Falcoon with MI3 at the time (that is, before MIA rolled out).

Kotaku has been proven wrong before, whether it because of their informant being wrong, or just because they talk out of their ass. They're no better than the likes of IGN and magic box.

'Sides, I like how literally NO other site/publication has given them positive confirmation (barring the likes of neo-arcadia, but they just link to kotaku). If no Japanese news site has reported it (nor have there been any riots from the fans yet), then really...

Am I really expected to believe this bit of "news", despite what SNK has gone on record to talk about, the bulletins that they're looking for more sprite artists, as well as how just ILLOGICAL it seems to put possibly their most important version of their important asset, on the two consoles that are NOT doing but so hot in Japan?

The entire article just smells of at least a "lost in the translation rat". But probably a "talking straight out MY ASS!" rat too.

Gojira
2232th Post

"Re(4):o boi" , posted Tue 25 Sep 04:42:post reply

I took it more to mean that they're doing it like AoF3, starting with 3D models and redrawing them or touching them up in 2D. But who knows.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, in case anyone's interested, Akihabara News posted a little HD streaming walkabout of the TGS. You might see something you haven't seen yet, I don't know.

[this message was edited by Gojira on Tue 25 Sep 04:43]

Iron D
2794th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):The TGS thread" , posted Tue 25 Sep 06:03post reply

quote:
SNK announces more games that will be released in the US as reported by Gamespot.

You mean...you mean FINALLY I'll be able to own Samurai Showdown 2 for a console that I actually own?

I've been waiting for this news for over a decade now. I didn't see a release date anywhere in that article though.

In any case, with this and the Orochi collection coming out here, I'm positively stoked. Now where's FF Battle Archives Vol. 2?

Er.....

Count Hihihi
55th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):o boi" , posted Tue 25 Sep 07:21post reply

None of that Kotaku shit would even make sense business wise. By moving Kof completely to the 3D fighter genre, SNK would enter a different market and thus leave a hole in the 2D market for other companies to enter. It's not like SNK will dominate in the 3D fighting genre..ever. Not even close. So they better feed the demand for the high quality 2D fighter everyone is expecting from them.

Makes one wonder why Kotaku posts such crap when their audience is elsewhere.

exodus
4017th Post

"Re(6):o boi" , posted Fri 28 Sep 05:53post reply

I wouldn't write kotaku off - the guy they spoke with speaks english, so it's not too likely they misunderstood. I just hope some wires got crossed, and this is about KOF MI 3 or something.

Iggy
8175th Post

"Re(7):o boi" , posted Fri 28 Sep 17:22post reply

Speaking of Ryűkô Gaiden, I just stumbled upon a rumour that there was a sequel planned for it (while they hadn't even decided whether it would have been Gaiden 2 or Ryűkô 3). The game would have been set in Japan and finally linked the series with Garô Densetsu, and featured Jeff Bogard, Blue Mary's father, Young Geese and Eiji for some reason.
They also decided to abandon the classic energy system of the series to use a power gauge like Garô Densetsu and KOF.

Also, the project was abandoned before they even had a couple of sprites ready.