Newer GG2 Overture Screens - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2525 Views )

repukken
33th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Rare Customer

"Newer GG2 Overture Screens" , posted Fri 14 Sep 12:19post reply

I'm more confused than ever with the focus on this game...

Screenshots

"Everytime you praise someone that they're one in a million just remember that only means there's 5000 of them in China..." -new chinese proverb

Replies:

Pollyanna
2339th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Newer GG2 Overture Screens" , posted Fri 14 Sep 12:36post reply

It's a "1 on 1" fighting game with real-time strategy elements (ordering grunts around). Knowing that, the screenshots finally make sense to me.

It isn't pretty, but it looks like it might be fun.

Evenor
596th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Newer GG2 Overture Screens" , posted Fri 14 Sep 13:02:post reply

It sort of reminds me Phantom Dust.

I like the design of the (new) female character, but the furry is just gross.

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

[this message was edited by Evenor on Fri 14 Sep 13:02]

crazymike
1376th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Newer GG2 Overture Screens" , posted Fri 14 Sep 13:11post reply

Graphics don't bother me, sort of got a unique look to it. Just hope though with all these sunny blue sky backgrounds it still has a dark side to the story.

Iggy
8151th Post

"Re(2):Newer GG2 Overture Screens" , posted Fri 14 Sep 17:33post reply

This looks like Oz to me.

"GG2 : return to Oz, but backwards".

Pollyanna
2340th Post

"Re(2):Newer GG2 Overture Screens" , posted Fri 14 Sep 19:58post reply

quote:

I like the design of the (new) female character, but the furry is just gross.

All the "in game" art looks gross! Especially Ky! The Ishiwatari stuff looks fine, though...and I like the designs, I just don't want to seem them raped by some shitty amateur CG artist.

Catalyst
303th Post

Bronze Customer

"Guilty gear overture gameplay video" , posted Wed 19 Sep 13:50:post reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjBiLQ2x_0A

or http://mms.gpara.com/movie/guiltygear2/gg2.wmv

Not the best of quality in the first link sorry about that guys. I'd like to put some thoughts and opinions but I'll join in at another time. Anyways enjoy.

[this message was edited by Catalyst on Wed 19 Sep 13:58]

Pollyanna
2343th Post

"Re(1):Guilty gear overture gameplay video" , posted Wed 19 Sep 15:46post reply

It looks just like I imagined it, but...that announcer! MAN! That's really annoying!!!

Juke Joint Jezebel
3594th Post

"Re(2):Guilty gear overture gameplay video" , posted Wed 19 Sep 15:50post reply

BIGUGH.GIF

Catalyst
303th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Guilty gear overture gameplay video" , posted Wed 19 Sep 23:28post reply

quote:
It looks just like I imagined it, but...that announcer! MAN! That's really annoying!!!

Yeah that's something I gotta say as well, could they have done it in a more spiffier way or something or something not so monotone. Personally I couldn't stand the peon soldiers, would be nice of Sol was calling out and yelling orders and such with very little if any response from the peons.

Ishmael
2942th Post

"Re(3):Guilty gear overture gameplay video" , posted Thu 20 Sep 04:37post reply

Part of me is worried that this game is going to turn out to be Chaos Legion with more primary colors. At least the game looks to be a straight-ahead action title instead of trying to be an action/fighting game hybrid. That may not please some GG fans but at least it looks like GGO knows what it wants to be and isn't going to get lost by trying to go beyond what it is capable of.

Catalyst
305th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Guilty gear overture gameplay video" , posted Thu 20 Sep 04:58post reply

quote:
Part of me is worried that this game is going to turn out to be Chaos Legion with more primary colors. At least the game looks to be a straight-ahead action title instead of trying to be an action/fighting game hybrid. That may not please some GG fans but at least it looks like GGO knows what it wants to be and isn't going to get lost by trying to go beyond what it is capable of.

Thats what I was thinking as well on that too. As nice as Chaos Legion looked I hope it doesn't come down to that. Heck I'm trying to get rid of my copy of Chaos Legion. I hope there is more you can do with those peon's that can help you out.

Pollyanna
2344th Post

"Re(4):Guilty gear overture gameplay video" , posted Thu 20 Sep 05:11post reply

quote:
At least the game looks to be a straight-ahead action title instead of trying to be an action/fighting game hybrid.

I can't really agree with this. What disqualifies it as a fighting game?

If you took away the big levels and grunt enemies and just watched the characters fighting, would you say it's not a fighting game?

Obviously, it's not a full-fledged fighting game, but I can't see calling it a "straight-ahead" action title and completely disregarding the obvious fighting game elements.

Abster
323th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Guilty gear overture gameplay video" , posted Thu 20 Sep 05:25post reply

I wouldn't immediately diss it as not a fighting game. It looks like they're mixing in some amount of real time strategy along with fighting. The things you spawn with mana are really just support units since the game's areas are a bit larger than a typical fighting arena.

Ishmael
2943th Post

"Re(6):Guilty gear overture gameplay video" , posted Fri 21 Sep 04:20post reply

When I made that comment about GGO not being an action/fighting game hybrid I was specifically thinking about those Tekken Force abominations where characters who were designed for one type of game engine were tossed into a totally different game with no changes made to the way they handled. If the reports that the specials have been simplified to the point that now pressing the Y button to automatically unleash Sol's Gun Flame are true it will be a major change from the way previous GG games have controlled. From what I understand the action in GGO is much closer to Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks than anything else. While that game has plenty of boss fights that are one-on-one battles I'm not sure I would classify it as a fighting game either.

Eh, this whole post is academic anyway since game genre definitions are always going to be hazy. Whatever GGO is in the end I just hope it's fun.

Red Falcon
5960th Post

"Re(7):Guilty gear overture gameplay video" , posted Fri 21 Sep 11:44post reply

quote:

Eh, this whole post is academic anyway since game genre definitions are always going to be hazy. Whatever GGO is in the end I just hope it's fun.

It will be a "fighting game" in the sense that Sangoku Musou is a "fighting game". I think there is way too much shit going on for it to control anything like a normal fighter, I theorize the characters will be simplified and will work like people from Sangoku Musou.

Best site EVER:Link Here

TreIII
28th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(8):Guilty gear overture gameplay video" , posted Fri 21 Sep 11:55post reply

quote:

It will be a "fighting game" in the sense that Sangoku Musou is a "fighting game". I think there is way too much shit going on for it to control anything like a normal fighter, I theorize the characters will be simplified and will work like people from Sangoku Musou.

As much as I love Musou, BASARA and their ilk, I still would not consider them "Fighting games", any more than I would consider old school stuff like Kunio-kun, Double Dragon and Bare Knuckle "Fighting games". They're all brawlers/beat-em-ups/hack-n-slashers at their cores, no matter how much they try to cover it up with strategic elements, a combo meter, context sensitive special techs and other such things.

I'm not about to hold that against GG2 in the least, but I'm just calling it as I choose to see it. It may actually stand to be a good game, it just doesn't look to be a fighting game (in the traditional sense) in the least.

Dokuganryu wa Date jya ne you see?

Red Falcon
5961th Post

"Re(9):Guilty gear overture gameplay video" , posted Fri 21 Sep 13:47post reply

quote:

As much as I love Musou, BASARA and their ilk, I still would not consider them "Fighting games", any more than I would consider old school stuff like Kunio-kun, Double Dragon and Bare Knuckle "Fighting games". T

Either would I, ha ha ha. Hence the "".

Best site EVER:Link Here

exodus
4014th Post

"Re(10):Guilty gear overture gameplay video" , posted Sun 23 Sep 12:30post reply

I haven't read the thread, but this game is basically like capture the flag. kiiiiiiiiind of not so cool.

Maou
1256th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Re(10):Guilty gear overture gameplay vi" , posted Sun 23 Sep 13:55post reply

quote:
I haven't read the thread, but this game is basically like capture the flag. kiiiiiiiiind of not so cool.

Yikes, I'll stick with Team Fortress for that kind of thing.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...