Crisis Core Cinematics - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2934 Views )

repukken
32th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Rare Customer

"Crisis Core Cinematics" , posted Fri 14 Sep 01:20post reply

Not sure if you guys seen this yet, but its always good to share this dope video.

Crisi s Core Opening Movie

"Everytime you praise someone that they're one in a million just remember that only means there's 5000 of them in China..." -new chinese proverb

Replies:

Maou
1244th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Crisis Core Cinematics" , posted Fri 14 Sep 10:41post reply

I'm pretty excited that they went to the trouble to make sure that Zax's voice actor is even worse than Vaan in XII. That takes work. I expect quotes far above and beyond Final Oiyoiyo XII.

That, and interesting to see that Nomura's crass Dragon Ball-ification of Final Fantasy is now complete in the (amazing quality) movies and no longer an ignorable aside like Advent Children. If only this graphical skill were harnessed for the Powers of Light, what a world it would be.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Ishmael
2938th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Crisis Core Cinematics" , posted Sat 15 Sep 00:14post reply

quote:
That, and interesting to see that Nomura's crass Dragon Ball-ification of Final Fantasy is now complete in the (amazing quality) movies and no longer an ignorable aside like Advent Children.

Having the characters weightlessly waggle swords at each other does nothing for me either. My only consolation is that the game is appearing on the PSP and not an actual console.

Ktallguy
940th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Crisis Core Cinematics" , posted Sat 15 Sep 02:04post reply

At least there are good impressions about the actual gameplay. Supposedly there are main story missions that are a little more in depth, and then a bunch of side missions for "on the go play".

I'm going to import it so if anyone wants impressions of Zack's girly voice, holla.

Play to win.

Maou
1245th Post

"Re(4):Crisis Core Cinematics" , posted Sat 15 Sep 05:44post reply

"Girly" is charitable, m'man. It's nasal and poorly acted, just like Vaan. I hope he isn't worse than Vaan. Vaan was amazing and deserves to keep his Worst crown.

Nate
902th Post

"Re(2):Crisis Core Cinematics" , posted Sat 15 Sep 09:01post reply

quote:
I'm pretty excited that they went to the trouble to make sure that Zax's voice actor is even worse than Vaan in XII. That takes work. I expect quotes far above and beyond Final Oiyoiyo XII.

Can you, as a less cryptic poster who gets some of the Japanese jokes that fly over people's heads, explain what exactly the joke was with Oiyoiyo?

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Zepy
1406th Post

"Re(3):Crisis Core Cinematics" , posted Sat 15 Sep 10:58:post reply

quote:
Can you, as a less cryptic poster who gets some of the Japanese jokes that fly over people's heads, explain what exactly the joke was with Oiyoiyo?

This is Oiyoiyo

Basically everybody was making fun of Vaan's horrible voice acting and bad pronunciation. "Oiyoiyo" is what Vaan says when he tries to say "tobioriro" at the end of that youtube vid.

[this message was edited by Zepy on Sat 15 Sep 10:59]

Nate
903th Post

"Re(4):Crisis Core Cinematics" , posted Sat 15 Sep 12:14post reply

quote:

This is Oiyoiyo

Basically everybody was making fun of Vaan's horrible voice acting and bad pronunciation. "Oiyoiyo" is what Vaan says when he tries to say "tobioriro" at the end of that youtube vid.

It alllllll makes sense now.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Maou
1247th Post

"Re(5):Crisis Core Cinematics" , posted Sat 15 Sep 13:18:post reply

quote:
This is Oiyoiyo
Thanks to Youtube:

I HAVE A NEW FAVORITE MUSIC VIDEO

And don't forget yer Oiyoiyo-ese Dictionary so that you too can slur your speech and mumble incoherently, which I still think is side-splittingly hilarious. I really miss the skirt-flashing picture of Ashe kicking Vaan in the head on the front page, though.

[this message was edited by Maou on Sat 15 Sep 13:26]

Ktallguy
943th Post

"Re(4):Crisis Core Cinematics" , posted Sat 15 Sep 17:21post reply

quote:

This is Oiyoiyo

Aaaaaaaaaah!!!
I never got that joke either!

I thought Vaan sounded ok, but I'm obviously not native Japanese. :p

Balthier had some laugh out loud moments though.

Play to win.

Maou
1247th Post

"Re(5):Crisis Core Cinematics" , posted Mon 17 Sep 05:14post reply

quote:
I thought Vaan sounded ok, but I'm obviously not native Japanese. :p

Balthier had some laugh out loud moments though.

Wait, in Japanese? Balflear is one of the best Japanese actors in XII, though I'm a fan of Basch and Vayne, too. Even Balflear US seemed to have some classy UK accent from what I saw on Youtube, so that is forgivable. In a delightful about-face from FF X, the US Vaan may actually be good while the Japanese one is laughable.

Ktallguy
945th Post

"Re(6):Crisis Core Cinematics" , posted Tue 18 Sep 08:02:post reply

I meant laugh out loud in a good way. Like the joke delivery was well done, so I enjoyed it and laughed. :)

Edit: Wow, I'm watching those オイヨイヨ videos now and I can't stop laughing :P

A little perspective always helps eh?

Play to win.

[this message was edited by Ktallguy on Tue 18 Sep 08:14]

Maou
1251th Post

"Re(7):Crisis Core Cinematics" , posted Tue 18 Sep 08:18:post reply

Heheh, phew, I was worried, since I love Balflear to death and wish Vaan had been deleted so the game could have really starred B and Ashe (not that B didn't keep insisting he was the "story's protagonist," so excellent). Zepy's original オイヨイヨ posting way back had a good link to an mp3 of Vaan juxtaposed onto Koda Yumi (or somebody, forget)'s song that features a similar chorus, priceless.

PS: I like the coup of manhandling a thread about wretched VII spinoffs into oh-so-classy XII!

[this message was edited by Maou on Tue 18 Sep 08:19]

KTallguy
946th Post

"Re(8):Crisis Core Cinematics" , posted Wed 19 Sep 00:23:post reply

I admit there are a lot of spinoffs, but at least they mix up the gameplay a lot.

I can't wait to try this new pachi-slot + materia fusion system!

Maybe it'll make me addicted to gambling!

Speaking of a gamble, I decided not to buy FFXII international because I already play too many games. Am I not a true fan? Will Square-enix come to my house in the middle of the night and take my certificate ? ?

Play to win.

[this message was edited by KTallguy on Wed 19 Sep 00:25]

Maou
1252th Post

"Re(9):Crisis Core Cinematics" , posted Wed 19 Sep 10:02post reply

quote:
Am I not a true fan?
Actually, true fans probably stopped at XII, or possibly even at X, so not to worry.
quote:
Will Square-enix come to my house in the middle of the night and take my certificate ? ?
Those guys probably will, but for different reasons.