Bronze Customer

"Re(1):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Fri 14 Sep 00:38post reply

quote:
SOULCALIBUR 4 :
HILDE
ASTAROTH UND RAPHAEL

TEKKEN 6 + BOB

CAPSLOCK

Hilde looks really cool, and I'm surprised Bob moves really fast for his size.

Iggy
8150th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Fri 14 Sep 00:46:post reply

Mamorukun ga norowarete shimatta !

Basara X still looks like shit, but at least they finished (?) two more characters, Hideyoshi and Hondam. Way to go !

Death Smiles

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 14 Sep 01:50]

Gojira
2222th Post

"Re(3):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Fri 14 Sep 03:48post reply

A fully-armored female in SC4?

Iggy
8151th Post

"Re(4):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Fri 14 Sep 04:11:post reply

quote:

And you can't even see her panties.
CRAZY !

Banpresto's Gundam vs Gundam

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 14 Sep 04:21]

Evenor
594th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Fri 14 Sep 04:40post reply

Hilde looks great, but I don't like her blank stare that her 3D model has. ( Maybe it's just that screen shot)

But man, Death Smiles looks really AWESOME!

いつまでも残酷に腐るまで I LOVE YOU
何処までも卑猥に腐るまで I LOVE YOU

Ishmael
2937th Post

"Re(4):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Sat 15 Sep 00:12post reply

Both Hilde and Bob's hoodie look great. It's also good to see that there will be alt colors in Basara X. Too bad that it appears as if Yukimura remains boring whether he is in two dimensions or three but you can't have everything.

Ktallguy
941th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Sat 15 Sep 02:05post reply

quote:

I was like completely shocked.

Thankfully the alternate costume will be a strip of semi transparent plastic.

Play to win.

Spoon
1414th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Sat 15 Sep 04:58post reply

quote:

Basara X still looks like shit, but at least they finished (?) two more characters, Hideyoshi and Hondam. Way to go !

The sprites look... really bad.
I know part of it is just the youtube compression, but even with that in mind, I strangely get recurring visions of Spectral vs. Generation.

Gojira
2224th Post

"Re(4):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Sat 15 Sep 05:30:post reply

So one of Bob's items is a hoodie with a cheeseburger on it. No, not a picture of a cheeseburger, I mean an actual cheeseburger.

Yes, it's just that awesome.

[this message was edited by Gojira on Sat 15 Sep 05:33]

Digitalboy
451th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Sun 16 Sep 00:20post reply

Finally a fat guy in a fighting game that is not a sumo wrestler.
quote:
So one of Bob's items is a hoodie with a cheeseburger on it. No, not a picture of a cheeseburger, I mean an actual cheeseburger.

Yes, it's just that awesome.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Cain Highwind
770th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(6):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Sun 16 Sep 00:32post reply

quote:

Cheng Sinzan and Earthquake say hi.

Digitalboy
452th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Sun 16 Sep 01:31post reply

Wait...you did not let me finish my sentence.

"...in Tekken."

BAM! In your face Mr. Highwind.
quote:

Cheng Sinzan and Earthquake say hi.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

CharlesProphony
45th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(8):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Sun 16 Sep 04:48post reply

quote:

I can only imagine the type of commotion it will be on some debu~bara~whatever image bbs around the world...

Ex-Prophony

Cain Highwind
771th Post

"Re(8):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Sun 16 Sep 12:03post reply

quote:

"...in Tekken."

BAM! In your face Mr. Highwind.

Argh! Curses!

Time Mage
2592th Post

"Re(1):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Sun 16 Sep 18:51post reply

Hilde looked cool... Until I realized she's dual wielding a heavy spear and a sword! WTF? Why couldn't they just give her a spear?

Also, there sould be no worries about her armor, her alternate costume, as KTallguy said, will be something stupidly revealing. Like a... Chain mail bikini or something.

Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Waaay~~ (Milky Waaaay)

Iggy
8152th Post

"Re(2):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Mon 17 Sep 02:21post reply

Hondam VS Sengoku Basara

Sentinel vs Gore Fest.

Nate
904th Post

"Re(9):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Mon 17 Sep 05:53post reply

quote:

I can only imagine the type of commotion it will be on some debu~bara~whatever image bbs around the world...

Now now, let's not associate bara with debu if we don't have to.

P.S. - Why is there still nothing on KOFXII?

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

kofoguz
561th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Mon 17 Sep 07:13post reply

quote:
"Finally a fat guy in a fighting game that is not a sumo wrestler....in Tekken."

That doesnt make much sense and seems cheap but oh well. I guess you knoe it, too.

P.S. - Why is there still nothing on KOFXII?

Ahh my suffering.I am desperately yet silently waiting for a surprise but I try not to hold my breath while my heart beats so hard that I could reveal that I am a witch if a bad person touches my bum. Yeah Snk made me like this.

Red Falcon
5958th Post

"Re(10):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Mon 17 Sep 10:33post reply

I wouldn't be surprised if they still don't have anything to show on either KOF 12 OR the new Samurai Spirits.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Freeter
4400th Post

"THE NO SHOW THREAD" , posted Mon 17 Sep 11:13post reply

quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if they still don't have anything to show on either KOF 12 OR the new Samurai Spirits.

Hah, I completely forgot they were making a new SS. Heck, aside from KOFXII, I don't remember what non-loli/date sim games they're working on.

Refresh my memory...is one of them a Metal Slug game?

Iggy
8153th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Mon 17 Sep 16:31post reply

quote:

They are still looking for dotters, aren't they ? I'd be very surprised if we see anything before 2009. Or maybe a promotion video at next year's AM Show.
As for Samurai Spirits, I'm sure they haven't even decided who they will hire to make the job for them.

Freeter : nope.

NARUTO
3580th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Mon 17 Sep 17:37post reply

quote:

They are still looking for dotters, aren't they ? I'd be very surprised if we see anything before 2009. Or maybe a promotion video at next year's AM Show.
As for Samurai Spirits, I'm sure they haven't even decided who they will hire to make the job for them.

As for SS you're wrong...Tehy did announce that the "tenchu" dev-team was hired for this...As for KOF I really sugest them to show something "what-ever-the-fuck-it-is" Cause peoples get really tired to wait with no infos at all. The cast names, an art works anything...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Gojira
2225th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Mon 17 Sep 19:42post reply

Yeah, because being shown rushed and/or unfinished crap in a hurry is certain to make people happy.

NARUTO
3581th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Mon 17 Sep 23:25post reply

quote:
Yeah, because being shown rushed and/or unfinished crap in a hurry is certain to make people happy.

That's it. Peoples deffinitely don't care a fuck about at which point the game is as long as they see something, they take it as a "valid" statement "it's in work". And sinec when showing an unfinished project is a crime?? didn't ALL the others company do so? When Kojima releases trailer years before...When capcom show a small peice of RE5 which won't be out until late 2008, where the problem?

At least it gives to the fans a bone to chew for a moment...And sometimes it even clever since fans can notice mistake than can be corrected then. Capcom showed pics of CVS1 ages before the game was released, and at this time all background were fake (they were from the SFZ3 version or SF3rd) and were changed. Finaly you can show some artworks, which didn't put the game "aura" in jeopardy and still gives to the fans what they asked for...Same with the cast list...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

NARUTO
3582th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Mon 17 Sep 23:29post reply

quote:

That's it. Peoples deffinitely don't care a fuck about at which point the game is, as long as they see something about it, they take it as a "valid" statement "it's in work". And since when showing an unfinished project is a crime?? Didn't ALL the others company do so? When Kojima releases trailer years before...When capcom show a small piece of RE5 which won't be out until late 2008, where's the problem?

At least it gives to the fans a bone to chew for a moment...And sometimes it's even clever since fans can notice mistake that can be corrected. Capcom showed pics of CVS1 ages before the game was released, and at this time all background were fake (they were from the SFZ3 version or SF3rd) and were changed. Finaly you can show some artworks, which didn't put the game "aura" in jeopardy and still gives to the fans what they asked for...Same with the cast list...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Ishmael
2939th Post

"Re(2):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Tue 18 Sep 02:00post reply

quote:
Hilde looked cool... Until I realized she's dual wielding a heavy spear and a sword! WTF? Why couldn't they just give her a spear?

I'm guessing she has the weapons combo to help set her apart a bit from Seong Mi-na and Kilik. Between all that armor and fighting with a weapon in each hand it seems that Hilde is one strong girl.

Amakusa
728th Post

"Re(3):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Tue 18 Sep 10:47post reply

quote:

I'm guessing she has the weapons combo to help set her apart a bit from Seong Mi-na and Kilik. Between all that armor and fighting with a weapon in each hand it seems that Hilde is one strong girl.

At least it's not as ridiculous as Maeda Toshiie from Sengoku Musou; he's got 3 weapons.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

TreIII
25th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Tue 18 Sep 14:26post reply

quote:
That's it. Peoples deffinitely don't care a fuck about at which point the game is, as long as they see something about it, they take it as a "valid" statement "it's in work". And since when showing an unfinished project is a crime?? Didn't ALL the others company do so? When Kojima releases trailer years before...When capcom show a small piece of RE5 which won't be out until late 2008, where's the problem?

At least it gives to the fans a bone to chew for a moment...

I'm sure the reason that SNK has been mum about it probably boils down to the notion that they really want to try and put their best foot forward as much as humanly possible.

I mean, sure, it pains us that they haven't shown us anything new...but think about if they went and showed us some thing new...and it was utterly awful? Like say, "Too Human" levels of shoddiness, in both presentation & gameplay? SNK is too small of a company, and its most treasured icons too precious, for them to screw up and end up loosing their fans over showcasing something that did more to disappoint the fans, just because they wanted to rush out something to show off or what have you.

So, personally, that's why I'm glad that they and their affiliates have been seemingly taking their time with these undertakings. For the first time in a long while, we may possibly get to see SNK do more to try and re-claim their former glory through a new platform and a predominantly clean slate. And I, for one, look forward to seeing the fruits of these labors, but only when it's really ready to show off.

...Besides, they'll probably showcase something at TGS. By then, it would have been a year since we were first teased with the promo art for the titles and that CG Haohmaru. I would think that by then, they'll be ready to show what they got, as well as whatever future plans that they have in store for the likes of the Nintendo Wii (which they seemingly have made their new home turf as far as next gen consoles are concerned).

Dokuganryu wa Date jya ne you see?

Red Falcon
5959th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Tue 18 Sep 14:47post reply

quote:

...Besides, they'll probably showcase something at TGS. By then, it would have been a year since we were first teased with the promo art for the titles and that CG Haohmaru. I would think that by then, they'll be ready to show what they got, as well as whatever future plans that they have in store for the likes of the Nintendo Wii (which they seemingly have made their new home turf as far as next gen consoles are concerned).

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't really care or mind that it's slow going. I also think they will probably show SOMETHING at the TGS, even if it's another witch-touching game.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Iggy
8154th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Tue 18 Sep 23:35post reply

NARUTO:
tl;dr but if Nejibako and KOF 98UM taught us anything, it's that showing something too early isn't good. Then people will think "wait, wasn't the game released like 4 month ago ?".
People were already fed up with Nejibako when the game was released, and some people right now want to raze SNK's headquarters for not even having a release date for 98UM nearly two years after the logo was first shown.

You know the power of the internets : the louder you scream, the stronger you think you are. The vast majority of people just don't care at all.

Toxico
4286th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Wed 19 Sep 00:48post reply

quote:
and some people right now want to raze SNK's headquarters for not even having a release date for 98UM nearly two years after the logo was first shown.

I remember when their first showed the title, most people thought "will this be released prior to 2008? It doesn't make any sense releasing an aniversary game... well... outside the aniversary "

If we would have know the truth back then it would have been painful.

HAYATO
814th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Wed 19 Sep 00:51post reply

Wow, Hilde looks pretty neat for a Calibur project. She perfectly fits in, although her design looks a bit darker and more barroque than usual. She reminds me of some Kentaro Miura designs for Berserk, specially in the 3-D shots where her face is shown (she looks a bit like his latest female chars to me)...

NARUTO
3583th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Wed 19 Sep 03:00post reply

quote:
NARUTO:You know the power of the internets : the louder you scream, the stronger you think you are. The vast majority of people just don't care at all.

I won't says that... There's a buckload of peoples on the web who are really disapointed if not pissed of about SNKP behaviors...Go and chack SNK-Capcom.Com, Cyberfanatics or other VS forums. At NEo-arcadia 99% are really upset to not see something and most of them see that as a SNKP will die soon.

I admit that some players are ready to wait, but let me tell you that a big part isn't...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Just a Person
978th Post

"Re(1):THE AM SHOW THREAD" , posted Wed 19 Sep 03:24post reply

quote:

And you can't even see her panties.
CRAZY !

Do not give Namco ideas...

I think Hilde looks really cool. It's quite a different concept for SC: a fully-armored girl, who looks petite but is strong enough to carry both a spear AND a sword (and also to wear an armor), and doesn't have watermelon-sized breasts. She seems to be quite original in terms of looks; too bad that her alternate outfit, like some people already said here, will probably be a bikini or something like that...

Still about SC4, could this be the time when Li Long finally returns?? I know, he was at SC3 and was even made into an official character in the Arcade port of SC3, but it would be nice if he is really planned from the start, instead of a last-minute addition.

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!