Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2343 Views )

Catalyst
298th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Copper Customer

"Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3" , posted Thu 13 Sep 01:16post reply

http://www.jeux-france.com/news21764_yakuza-3-annonce.html

For anyone whose a fan of the series it looks like it will be headed towards the PS3 spring of next year. Looks pretty interesting with the way it is headed for a different time period.

Replies:

Pollyanna
2337th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3" , posted Thu 13 Sep 01:49post reply

But...it's just about Musashi! That's...silly to me. Like, it's combining things that don't need to be combined.

Still...I'm interested! I saw the scans last night, but I didn't realize it was Ryu ga Gotoku.

Catalyst
299th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3" , posted Thu 13 Sep 02:06post reply

quote:
But...it's just about Musashi! That's...silly to me. Like, it's combining things that don't need to be combined.

Still...I'm interested! I saw the scans last night, but I didn't realize it was Ryu ga Gotoku.

It's about musashi? Really? Cool cool!

Sorry I have no Japanese language skills whatsoever, I barely made it out of that course the only thing I could remember sadly is the phrase "may I please use the restroom". I'll keep trying though!

Ishmael
2935th Post

"Re(3):Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3" , posted Thu 13 Sep 03:44post reply

The more I think about this game the more I wonder how the drinking will work. Of the many aspects I loved about the first game was that the bartenders would not only serve you a drink but they would give you a summary of what you were about to consume. Not only was it a sign of professionalism but there was a sense of true love for alcoholic beverages that I really appreciated. While the historical setting is cool I will miss the immediacy that came from recognizable brand names.

Iron D
2789th Post

"Re(4):Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3" , posted Thu 13 Sep 06:08post reply

....but we still don't even have Yakuza 2 here in the States? Does anyone even know whether that's been confirmed or not?

Er.....

Maou
1242th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3" , posted Thu 13 Sep 08:14post reply

quote:
The more I think about this game the more I wonder how the drinking will work.
I wonder this about a lot of games.

And professionalism, indeed! That was what blew me away about Shenmue and its picture-perfect 80's re-creation (plus murder mysteries!) way back in the day, too. There were kids who had never lived in Japan and who didn't speak Japanese who would still watch us play that game for hours.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Catalyst
301th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3" , posted Thu 13 Sep 10:23:post reply

quote:
....but we still don't even have Yakuza 2 here in the States? Does anyone even know whether that's been confirmed or not?

No word whatsoever on Ryu ga gotoku* 2 for here in America, though seeing how the first one was not so well receptive and the second one comes with 2 discs to my understanding not sure Sega is willing to bring it over if it won't be a strong enough title.

edit for spelling and OO I GOT A BREAD! nom nom nom.

[this message was edited by Catalyst on Thu 13 Sep 10:24]

Iron D
2790th Post

"Re(6):Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3" , posted Fri 14 Sep 04:56post reply

Aw shucks. Thanks for the word, Catalyst.

Er.....

Ktallguy
942th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(6):Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3" , posted Sat 15 Sep 02:07post reply

quote:
No word whatsoever on Ryu ga gotoku* 2 for here in America, though seeing how the first one was not so well receptive and the second one comes with 2 discs to my understanding not sure Sega is willing to bring it over if it won't be a strong enough title.

edit for spelling and OO I GOT A BREAD! nom nom nom.

I can't see them releasing it in the states. The first one did too poorly here.

The video on the main site is amazing. I can't wait to try this game.

Play to win.

Gojira
2229th Post

"Yakuza 2 slated for 2008 after all" , posted Fri 21 Sep 13:33post reply

As if by magic, Sega has made the announcement:

Yakuza 2 in 2008

Catalyst
307th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Yakuza 2 slated for 2008 after all" , posted Fri 21 Sep 13:37post reply

quote:

Yakuza 2 in 2008

Hopefully episode 2 will get more attention to from consumers, possibly.

IkariDC
666th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Yakuza 2 slated for 2008 after all" , posted Fri 21 Sep 15:23post reply

quote:

Yakuza 2 in 2008

Celebrate good times, come on!

GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD

Iron D
2792th Post

"Re(2):Yakuza 2 slated for 2008 after all" , posted Fri 21 Sep 18:49post reply

quote:

Yakuza 2 in 2008

THAT'S what I'm TALKIN' BOUT! Kick butt stuff!

Now I just have to actually beat Yakuza 1. I'm not sure how close to the end of the game I am, but I think I'm close.

Er.....

Ishmael
2944th Post

"Re(3):Yakuza 2 slated for 2008 after all" , posted Fri 21 Sep 22:50post reply

Does this mean that once again I'll be able to thrill to a game that allows me to drink, play crane games, chase after questionable women and beat people with giant traffic cones? Oh man, this news made my day.

Catalyst
308th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Yakuza 2 slated for 2008 after all" , posted Sat 22 Sep 00:00post reply

quote:

Yakuza 2 in 2008

Now I just have to actually beat Yakuza 1. I'm not sure how close to the end of the game I am, but I think I'm close.

Depending if your doing the side quests... it feels extremely long but if your just mauling through the story and leveling up. Go you! You should be somewhere near or close to the end after the freeway car shooting game.

Ktallguy
946th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Yakuza 2 slated for 2008 after all" , posted Sat 22 Sep 07:47post reply

quote:

Yakuza 2 in 2008

Color me shocked.
I wonder if it'll only be subtitled. Don't screw it up, Sony.

Play to win.

Catalyst
310th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Yakuza 2 slated for 2008 after all" , posted Sat 22 Sep 12:42:post reply

quote:

Yakuza 2 in 2008

Color me shocked.
I wonder if it'll only be subtitled. Don't screw it up, Sony.

I doubt it will be subtitled but one can hope! I really do like Mark Hamil as Goro, I thought he was great personally. "Laugh you stupid mother fucker!"

edit: on other things related to Ryu ga Gotoku

http://www.ryu-movie.com/dvd/index.html

Apparently the movie will be out the 28th of this month. I'd like to order it personally.

[this message was edited by Catalyst on Sat 22 Sep 13:00]

Iron D
2793th Post

"Re(4):Yakuza 2 slated for 2008 after all" , posted Sat 22 Sep 18:14post reply

quote:

Yakuza 2 in 2008

Depending if your doing the side quests... it feels extremely long but if your just mauling through the story and leveling up. Go you! You should be somewhere near or close to the end after the freeway car shooting game.

Freeway car shooting game? There's really one of those in this game?

I'm currently on chapter 8 and

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
looking for Haruka after she's been kidnapped.

End of Spoiler

Er.....

Catalyst
310th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Yakuza 2 slated for 2008 after all" , posted Sat 22 Sep 21:45post reply

Yep, you should be heading to that in the next chapter then a few more chapters to go.

Ishmael
2956th Post

"Re(1):Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3" , posted Mon 8 Oct 23:30post reply

A new video has been posted on the game's home page. Girls! Rube Goldberg contraptions! TURTLE RACING!

Maou
1263th Post

"Re(2):Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3" , posted Tue 9 Oct 01:21post reply

Everything Ishmael says makes me think I should be trying this series. I loved Shenmue to death about 7 years ago and I assume it's by a good portion of the same crew? If it's just as wonderful, Ryuu ga gotoku should be next on my list of wonderful things, what do you all you enthusiasts say?

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

IkariDC
667th Post

"Re(3):Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3" , posted Tue 9 Oct 02:58post reply

quote:
Everything Ishmael says makes me think I should be trying this series. I loved Shenmue to death about 7 years ago and I assume it's by a good portion of the same crew? If it's just as wonderful, Ryuu ga gotoku should be next on my list of wonderful things, what do you all you enthusiasts say?

It's a nice game, not a masterposterpiece but it's fun. Even if the story was written by a famous novelist, it's not that great, it's not going to pump you up and shock you for example. I have to blame Takashi Miike and Takeshi Kitano for that.

Fights are fun, but take a bit to load. There are many sidequest you can do to get money and experience, and stuff you can do to be distracted from the main plot for a while, like host clubs etc. The game is fairly easy, but there are some challenging battles out there, if you search well enough.

Just give it a try and be ready for the second game!

GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD

Ishmael
2957th Post

"Re(4):Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3" , posted Wed 10 Oct 04:59post reply

quote:
It's a nice game, not a masterposterpiece but it's fun. Even if the story was written by a famous novelist, it's not that great, it's not going to pump you up and shock you for example. I have to blame Takashi Miike and Takeshi Kitano for that.

Yeah, I wish the game had been more Fukasaku than Miike but whatchagonnado?

As for Ryuu/Shenmue... although the games share a fascination with mini games and plots that become increasingly silly as they go along they are really two different types of games. The impression Shenmue gave me was that it was most interested in creating a sense of place. Things like having all the characters be individuals who moved according to their particular schedules or that the main character had to regularly go home and sleep were of primary importance in Shenmue. Although you could approach the game either as an inaction RPG or some sort of simulation where you tried to buy as many capsule toys as possible the game still made sure you stuck to that routine of daily life.

Ryuu ga gotoku, however, doesn't have a game clock. While the game world is very detailed the people clogging the streets are mostly just anonymous waves of humanity instead of individuals with back-stories. Ryuu doesn't have the experimental take that Shenmue had; whether that's a good or bad thing depends on what sort of game you feel like playing at that point. With it's emphasis on street brawling and eating Ryuu is more like River City Ransom than anything else.

Spoon
1424th Post

"Re(5):Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3" , posted Wed 10 Oct 12:11post reply

quote:
With it's emphasis on street brawling and eating Ryuu is more like River City Ransom than anything else.

I honestly thought it was the new RCR after I had him eat a beef bowl and saw that his EXP went up.

Catalyst
320th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3" , posted Thu 11 Oct 10:05:post reply

quote:
With it's emphasis on street brawling and eating Ryuu is more like River City Ransom than anything else.

I honestly thought it was the new RCR after I had him eat a beef bowl and saw that his EXP went up.

I think there is no better example than RCR. Maybe it is fair to call the game shenmue lite? I don't know too much of the sidequests in part 2 but I hope it gets much better. I did like though from multiple chapters in the first one if you complete a side quest, another 2 will open that will connect and you got a mini story going for the player.

Personally as a fan of the game I'm just a sucker for mobster stories seeing this is probably the closet thing i'll get to a video game version of that chinese gang movie "Young and Dangerous".

Also to note I believe some where in this thread there was a complaint about the load times for fights, I gotta concur that really sucks on the load times as I couldn't stand it either. Thankfully for part 2 it is a quick black screen and goes right to where everyone is standing and facing each other with the bottom corner showing a start button symbol and the word skip.

edit: oh and... TURTLES!! I hope at some point if possible they could crawl fast like those chihuahuas from god hand.

[this message was edited by Catalyst on Thu 11 Oct 10:20]

IkariDC
669th Post

"Re(7):Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3" , posted Thu 11 Oct 15:31post reply

quote:

Also to note I believe some where in this thread there was a complaint about the load times for fights, I gotta concur that really sucks on the load times as I couldn't stand it either. Thankfully for part 2 it is a quick black screen and goes right to where everyone is standing and facing each other with the bottom corner showing a start button symbol and the word skip.

Yep, it was me. I knew that they fixed it in the second game. Are there any other notable improvements in the second game?

GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD

Catalyst
321th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(8):Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3" , posted Fri 12 Oct 03:42post reply

quote:

Yep, it was me. I knew that they fixed it in the second game. Are there any other notable improvements in the second game?

Hm, other than the targeting system and having more of a free movement in battle and not moving like a tank that is an improvement for sure. Should be some cinematic events where you press the button like in the last game and you get assists from partners.

Example: A cook from a resturant can help kiryuu by tossing him a bowl of soup. Kiryuu + Typical tough guy - bowl of soup (smashes the bowl of soup in the persons face) = one hurt tough guy.

To my knowledge there should be an option in the game where you get to run a cabaret and be a host at some point later in the game. I don't know much of that but I can't wait to see it or try it out.

Spoon
1435th Post

"Re(9):Ryu ga gotoku 3 playstation 3" , posted Fri 19 Oct 06:29:post reply

Has anyone taken a look at the gameplay (i.e. combat) video at gametrailers.com?

Looks like you're going to have to slash people a lot to kill them.

EDIT: I should also mention that the animal involvement seems funny. I don't know why.
The meditation part was unexpected.

[this message was edited by Spoon on Fri 19 Oct 06:33]