Countdown to Eva - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1594 Views )

shindekudasai
157th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"Countdown to Eva" , posted Sat 1 Sep 10:24post reply

Any word on the new Evangelion flick? I thought it was supposed to drop today in Japan.

Wither Blister Burn + Peel

Replies:

Mozex
338th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Countdown to Eva" , posted Sat 1 Sep 11:27post reply

Can we stop using the verb "drop" like this please.

Be kind to goblins.

KTallguy
938th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Countdown to Eva" , posted Sat 1 Sep 12:26post reply

quote:
Any word on the new Evangelion flick? I thought it was supposed to drop today in Japan.

Yes, I'd like to hear more about this too.

Play to win.

Codeblues
4th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Countdown to Eva" , posted Sat 1 Sep 14:14post reply

Wait. Really? Today? It seemed like yesterday that they were announced.

shindekudasai
159th Post

Regular Customer

"Re:Countdown to Eva [spoilers!]" , posted Sat 1 Sep 20:48:post reply

First review

quote:
I came! Yes, from the Evangelion Rebuild, first seance in the morning, awwww...and, yes, I CAME!

It made me fall in love with Eva again :)

There are no spoilers to post, enough to say that it is a kind of a recap of Eva series, but with cool art, some small changes and cuts in scenario - well, at least, the first Rebuild movie. The preview of the second Rebuild made me think, that it will slowly roll into different direction. I can't remember - was there ever Eva-06? Was it Touji's unit?

quote:
Kaworu apeared at the very end of the movie, in the last short scene, talking to Seele "coffins" and was "looking forward to meet Shinji" :)

quote:
The movie finished after the battle with Ramiel (real bad motherfucker, comparing to the TV-series) and Rei's single smile scene :)

quote:
Yep, there was Asuka in preview - and it was done by Misato - "......saabisu! saabisu!" LOL :)

edit: 8.49am

quote:
THE LAST LINE OF THE MOVIE IS:
"I LOOK FOWARD TO MEETING YOU SHINJI IKARI"
BY KAWORU, SPOKEN ON THE MOON.

"I know. That boy has awoken, and we've entered the generalization phase. And to think, number 3... You really haven't changed. I look foward to meeting you, Shinji Ikari" -KAWORU, ON THE FUCKING MOON.

THE BATTLE WITH RAMIEL WHO IS NOW THE 6TH ANGEL (SUGGESTING KAWORU IS "NUMBER 3") IS GREATLY EXPANDED. RAMIEL SHAPESHIFTS WHEN HE FIRES HIS ENERGY BEAM. GENDO CLAIMS THERE ARE 8 ANGELS REMAINING.

ADAM APPEARS TO BE ON THE MOON AS WELL.

MISATO, WHO APPEARS TO HAVE KNOWN OF TERMINAL DOGMA ALL ALONG, SHOWS SHINJI LILITH TO CONVINCE HIM HE MUST PILOT THE EVA IN ORDER TO PREVENT 3RD IMPACT.

THE SEA IS RED FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE MOVIE.

THERE IS A MARK FROM GIANT REI ON THE MOON.

IT IS STRONGLY SUGGESTED THAT THE MOVIE IS A CONTINUATION OF THE SERIES THUS FAR, AND THAT HISTORY IS REPEATING ITSELF.

IN THE NEXT MOVIE, THERE WILL BE A NEW FEMALE EVA PILOT WITH GLASSES.

Wither Blister Burn + Peel

[this message was edited by shindekudasai on Sat 1 Sep 21:51]